the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Stay With Me [Cirrus]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

The golden mare shuffles her legs, exhaustion in her frame as she trapezes her way through the brush that is just a little too dry for her liking. A gentle breeze blew in, giving the illusion that it was cooler than it actually was. But, she had realized that by now, the heat was going to start getting to her again. After all, she had already experienced heat stroke and she had no desire to do that again.

The vibrations were minimal, but enough for her to get a clear view of the world after having been forced to understand it when she was born blind. And, the vibrations showed her nothing but open land. So, open land it was as she struck out into a gallop - limbs being caressed by the gentle waves of the grass. It was thrilling - it was enough to pull her into a state where she didn't have to have any thoughts to bother her at all. It was numbing, numbing and comforting at the same time. The way that the wind blew through her hair, it almost felt like fingers. As if a parent were stroking her hair to remind her that she was all going to be okay.

However, as she came in closer to the water source she skidded to a stop. Tons of dirt spraying up behind her as her front hooves crashed into the water. Mild panic subsided as soon as she was out of the cool liquid before she carefully stepped forward again and allowed her maw to dip into it. Sucking in the liquid and attempting to stay hydrated so she didn't disappoint Soh, Africa, or Hector again by getting yet another heat stroke.

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

@[Cirrus]

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
The wind was my companion now.

From the altitude I was at, the wind was all that accompanied me. It howled against the fluted shapes upon my skull, my ears which were pressed against my poll so that I wouldn't go deaf from the constant hum. Wildly, haphazardly, my hair danced and whipped about, the dreadlocks in my mane tugging my nape at their roots. I laugh, a colourful, angelic and yet slightly unhinged, the sound stolen by the wind almost as it forms in my throat. My wings stretch for many metres to either side of me, my heritage gifting me with one of the largest wingspans in existence, allowing me to fly great distances on a single downstroke. My magic blended in with that natural ability, and I found myself drifting from thermal to thermal on but a whim of thought, an idea, a simple and yet abundantly clear decision to simply fly wherever I would, and embrace what came to me from there onwards.

My plan didn't always follow that path, but at least I could try.

As I embraced the magic that hummed alongside my soul, I felt the very nature of the weather around me shift and change. Despite the TallSun season being upon us, the weather was never a constant - it was forever changing, forever growing or moving or evolving into something more or less wonderful, extreme or disastrous.

As I continued to live my life without you, I found myself living along similar lines.

A river stretched its way out before me, winding through the Meadow that I had seemingly decided would be my home. My altitude lowered, my descent long and winding, smooth and subtle, my shadow dancing along the surface of the water as my bodice eventually followed. The water gurgled happily beneath me, picked up by the wind I generated both through my movement and my magic, wetting the underside of my belly and limbs. I travel along the river in this manner, until up ahead, I spy the form of someone who tugs at my memories of familiarity. An image of a mare, broken, battered, bloody, blind and alone in the midst of the Deep Forest. I remember pulling upon the magic bestowed upon me by the Sun God, I remember speaking to her with soothing and warm tones, numbing her pain before doing what I could to alleviate the broken, damaged parts of her bodice. I remember her words of thanks. That was before the darkness fell - or was what had caused her injuries the very darkness that invaded the lands shortly after our meeting?

I don't know if I am ready to face someone from a time when you were still alive.

"Hello," my voice hums along the wind, my tones gentle and friendly. I wondered if she would recognise me - I wondered what it would be like to be blind, to rely upon one's other senses. But then I knew, if I was blinded, and presented with my family's bodies laid out before me, I would still be able to identify them without a shadow of a doubt.

It was a harrowing thought.

"Enjoying the river?" I ask noncommittally, my frame coming to land with smooth ease in the clearing that edges the running water. Perhaps it was a lingering habit from my days as a healer, perhaps it was a habit from the training my father instilled upon me as a warrior, or perhaps I was merely curious as to her wellbeing, but my eyes roved the palomino's body acutely, interested to know the shape and curve of her every muscle. One glance at her eyes tell me she is still without sight, while the rest of her bodice seems to be intact, an observation that brings me surprise joy. I ease myself into a casual posture, awaiting a response from the mare who represents everything in my past I have lost or left behind.

Cirrus
the Wind Dancer
x - x
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

RASTA

hey sister, do you still believe in love, i wonder?

Water. Was it a wishing well of desires that had been wired into worn down souls? Did it cause a warrant for the pain that had attempted to wash away the wicked nature of the world which she was daring to live in? Wishes were strewn across the wilds as she lowered her weary head and sucked the cool liquid down her parched throat. Water was a gift of life.

Memories. Many images of mothers, of merry foals as they meandered through the meadows. Markers of time with as many different mares, stallions, foals, and companions as possible. Mates and martyrs. It was a reminder of sicknesses and torture, torture which she had attempted to squash, to make useless. But the memories never faded.

Speech. Sugary words of hello spun around the air, swiftly reaching her ears. Silently, her audits flick backwards, seeking the source of the sound which had caused her to lift her head from the sweet water. So, she spun a little, limbs carrying her with ease and placing about three feet between her and the creature who has landed. Yet, she still speaks.

Emotions. Every one of them comes to the surface with ease. While Rasta cannot necessarily say she is enjoying the river, she is certainly far my easygoing than she had been a few minutes prior. "I suppose one might say that," she offers, elevating her cranium after giving a welcoming dip. The mare seemed to scratch at the corners of her mind, elegance and effort matching into one. Had she healed me? And the emotions swirl.

Uncertainty. "I think I know you..." Unwavering words fall from her maw as her golden frame steps in closer. Should the unthinkable be said? Could she be completely wrong? "I might be wrong though... I could have sworn you traveled with another young creature..." She was ill at ease, and allowed her voice to break a little as the last word escaped her maw, "Cirrus?"

Whit
    I should have kept flying. I shouldn't have landed. I wasn't ready for this. I wasn't ready to be recognised, to face the truth about your death, to face the fact that I ran away when my herd, my family, needed me most, to face the horror that is my own selfish want to live on despite your departure.. I wasn't ready for this.

I was not ready for this.

My casual posture seems to tremble, twitches travel along my spine as I attempt to read the mare's silent body language. She spins away from the pool, facing me with her sightless orbs, drinking in what she could of my identity with her other senses. Somehow, I feel exposed before her, like her sightless eyes might see something more than the pelt of mine which reflects the sky's mood upon it, the dreadlocks that decorate the crest of my nape, that she might look straight through the tribal star upon my side and into my heart, my soul within.. Can she see the gaping wound, the hole, left behind by you? Does she recognise that I am but a shell, an empty vessel, an abandoned ship, guided by no more than the whim of the wind?

Can she see just how close I am to giving up?

The lyrical belle replies to me, her tones just the right level of volume. Somehow, I am reminded of my mother, who could soothe all my troubles with a single phrase. But then she confirms my fears, she listens to the tugging of her memories, she mentions that I am familiar to her, and I watch as her façade betrays the realisation. You travelled with another young creature… It is those words that seem to bring everything crashing down around me. The wind that was so recently supporting me stops altogether, and for a moment, we are graced with just the drought-like heat of TallSun, beating down upon us through the power of the Sun Lord.

Then the temperature starts dropping.

It was subtle, at first. Without the wind to speed it up, it was a dry, brittle cold that settled over us, like a cloud interrupting the line of the Sun's rays - which also happened. The cloud was heavy and dark, pregnant with chilled frost and snow. Its load wasn't yet delivered, but still, the temperature continued to drop. I shivered, for I was not ready for this. I was not containing nor controlling that which had taken control of me. My magic wove its own story, and right now, the fear, the depression, the anger and rage and sheer confusion amongst the jumble of emotions that poured through me all congregated and culminated in the approaching freeze.

"Yes." The word chokes itself out of my mouth, my tongue dry from the disappearance of humidity at this altitude. Shivers rattle my frame, from the cold, from my nerves, I cannot say. "I.. He.. Gone.." My tiara bows down and I stare at the dirt between my feet, watching as my forelegs tremble, struggling to hold up not only my physical weight, but also the much heavier metaphysical burden of guilt that has made the hole within my soul its habitat. I blink, and my vision goes blurry - saline drops escape over the rims of my eyelids, though they turn frosty upon my cheeks as the temperature plummets further.

And just like that, I stand, bowed and cowed before the blind mare who has unintentionally and yet unequivocally catalysed a storm within and around me, one that I cannot see an end to.

[[ @[Rasta] <3 Aaaand as usual, idek what Cirrus wants to do most of time. ]]
    Cirrus
    the Wind Dancer
    x - x
    as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

Gentle. Gracious fingers of gentle breezes were grasping at their grieving frames. A gift, a guiding light for the two broken girls who yet to understand the pain both had needed to endure in order to grow. It was acting as a grappling hook, grasping to their frames that wanted to crumble for the pain they had endured with the grotesque hole placed in their hearts. Could the Gods even fix this? It was a process, a mind-boggling one that bore down on even the strongest of minds. But Rasta would find a way to get back a part of that soul which was missing. But the gentle winds stopped.

Heat. Hardened bodies shift in weight as the sun bores down upon their frames in the heavy reminder of the desert - of the droughts that had hastened their growth into heroes (even if they were only heroes to others and not themselves). However hesitant the reactions may be for this golden mare, the hovering burden does have her stepping forward, her head tilting almost horizontal as she allows her mind to continue haggling with the option of speaking again, apologizing for something which may have caused the other mare's hackles to raise. However, the heat was hiding.

Shade. Sweet reprieves from the sun were showered in kisses, in love. She didn't comprehend that she was actually shaded only partially by the singular cloud that had randomly appeared. The summer coat that was situated upon her hide was not suited for the impending shuddering and shocking drop in temperature. So, she didn't react much when it felt as though her throat was screeching for the water. A lack of humidity from the heat, she presumed, but she had not taken into account the surprising power of the magic. So, slowly, she began to shiver in the shade.

Broken. Bubbling thoughts are blocked from breaching the chilling air as Cirrus breathes only a few, blistering words. Gone… Baffled, she blindly (in more ways than one) stepped forward. The mare has bowed her head, as if her gaze is stuck upon the ground below her. What she thinks is a tear seems to baptize the broken mare before her. Minimal bearings are beckoning for her attention, and so, despite the brackish trembling, she drops her cranium to brush against the other's forehead, should such a reaction be allowed. Both broken mares bore unfixable wounds.

Cold. Carefully sections cracks in their carved up hearts were being frozen by the carelessly created weather. She craved companionship, the one she had been cut from her when she crossed the threshold. "Cirrus…" a pause as she collected herself, trying to proceed with calming words instead of a cacophony of nonsense. "I understand…" A breath in as she feels her bones clattering from the chill and she feels the way that the water seems to glaze over, starting to crack as it reaches its freezing point. "I lost mine too, when I first came here. I know the hole…" A few tears crawl over her rims, also freezing the trails on her cheeks as soon as they come in contact with the air. Coldness couldn't shatter their pain…

Whit
    Shaking. Trembling. It is hard for me to hold myself steady. The fracture in my soul seems to have catalysed a further split of my being. I feel ripped apart, torn and thrown about, tossed to and fro, like a rattle banging against the sides of its shell. The cold penetrates my skin, any moisture that was on the surface, any sweat, saliva or tears, freezes on my pelt, I become dotted with icy speckles. Even my nostrils gather a bunch of icicles, my eyelashes become stained white, and it takes some effort to blink them open once more. I tuck my wings close to my side, seeking warmth amongst their downy folds, but they feel hard and brittle against me, and I only shiver more. I feel the layers of fat, muscle and skin be penetrated by this chill, I feel myself go numb, and I allow myself to revel in that numbness - for while I am numb, I do not feel, I do not care, I am not afraid, and I can pretend that I am no longer broken.

Until the fissure becomes bigger. The harks atop my poll capture the other's, Rasta's, utterance of my name, and I jolt in surprise to feel her muzzle against my forelock. In my numbness I neglected to observe her nearness, and it has been so long since another has truly touched me that I am jolted, as if from another dimension. The pain of your absence returns. The hole opens up again, or at least I become aware of it all over again. Sobs rattle me, unwillingly I choke them back, blinking again against the onslaught of frozen tears that painfully attempt to carve their way down the hard contours of my façade. I lean away from her, my ears pinned down against the frosted skin of my nape, my dreadlocked forelock falling stiffly across my brow. I was lost and broken, alone in the world and unsure of how I would survive. I had made the choice to live on without you - I could have fallen upon my spear the way my grandmother had, for she had lost her mate, her lover, but I was too selfish, too weak to give in to the urge to simply end it all. Some might argue that it was a stubborn strength that carried me on, but I knew better. It was weakness, hopelessness, a wretched sense of unworthiness that was as alluring as it was despised.

I understand, she says, but how can she possibly? What does she know of my pain, my torture, my loss? I know the hole.. her words echo around me, and it takes a few moments of lost time for them to completely register. My breath holds during this time, and it feels like an eternity before I remember to breathe again. "No." I breathe the word, I live the word. A denial, denying your existence, denying her and whatever it was she called a companion. Denying my will to live to this moment. "NO!" I shout now, my entire body twisting so that my crown is pointed at her, as if the hot breath and expanding lungs weren't enough to get the message across. I refused to accept this, to acknowledge it, to even process it in my fractured mind properly. No no no no no NO! I snorted, harshly, in her direction, my ears still slicked down, my nose scrunching in anger and repulsion, my lips peeling back to snarl at a foe who cannot even see the faces I pull in her direction.

I turn away from her, sweeping my tail over the dried, frozen grasses, shuffling my stiff wings against my frosted body. My legs, stiff from the cold I do not even realise is generated by me (but so used to odd weather patterns by now that I barely bat a frozen eyelid at it), put distance between us, several strides. The thought of flight enters my mind once more, and my wings spread wide - but there is no wind, and my magic feels numb to me, even though it is anything but. My wings raise, high, towering above my crown, as I stretch and try to restore warmth and blood flow to my extremities. Several more moments pass, and though the annoyance, the sheer denial within me still lingers, it seems to have thawed. I speak, softly, dryly, tonelessly, once more. "What was his name?"

It begins to snow.

[[ @[Rasta] <3 I'm sure Rasta wanted to experience snow in july, right?? ]]
    Cirrus
    the Wind Dancer
    x - x

• I enjoy being tagged.

Trembling. Torn souls don't know how to fix terrible times. But the tainted weather is terrorizing the thin flesh of the golden one. Tight muscles are trying to take the initiative and warm her up with their tireless trembling. Temperatures still dropped though. She would tremble till death.

Numb. Narrowing thoughts of naïve times and near death experiences. No one can understand the pain. Never would they be able to fill that hole that was nowhere near neatly cut from their frames. Only those who had lost part of their soul could begin to comprehend the nastiness of the situation they were in. But it was more than her emotions that were numb. Her extremities were numb. Numb to a point of concern.

Denial. Delirious cries come from Cirrus's maw. Darkened thoughts, dampened cheeks, and destroyed minds are what seem to demand her every word, her very being, into the actions they are creating. No! she had allowed to fall from her lips. Deep inside, though, Rasta knew it had to be the denial of the situation. The denial which had dug its claws so deep into her flesh for years when her companion had been so forcefully ripped from her. Denial is the darkest daemon.

Flight. That feral response. The fight or flight desire. For if one cannot figure out the fatality of their own comments they are simply flailing around without a purpose. Fast limbs back up the golden one as the snort comes in closer to her. But her muscles fail to move quickly. Fate has figured out that she deserved the pain. So, with muscles screaming in agony for having to move in the frozen-like state they were in, Rasta allowed her audits to pin back. Try to bite me. I'll knock you off your feet… Flight? More like fight for Rasta…

Run. She could run away from the racket. Rock herself in a reserved place, rationing her strength until she really couldn't live anymore. But, the real question was could she survive the raging fire that reckoned to devour her whole. The ruffling of feathers catches Rasta's attention. However, the recent creation of ice along the strands of her mane, her whiskers, her audits. Realizations of the possibilities of frostbite racked through her brain. Maybe she should run while she can.

Soft. Nearly silent words of singular tone slide into her ears. His name. She had never needed one for her saviour. He knew when to come. She had never needed to call him forth from the ashes. But, she supposed, had she ever needed t name the spirit tied to her that she would have dawned him Regalis. Sweet words, sounded in a way that clearly crafted the sickening pain of her memories, fell from her lips. "Regalis. My hawk's name was Regalis…" Soft words do not surrender make.

Holes. The hole increases. Heavy edges tear more, burdened by the pain of finally giving her other half a name. Heart torn and with little left to revere, she dropped her maw down to her hurting chest. It wasn't healthy in this cold - but it also wasn't healthy to have this hole. Could the holes be filled?

Breathe. Breaths of warm air met the air before billowing and turning to frost. Frost which soon met the battered ground and the snow now falling. Lungs are crackling as she breathes in the cold, dry air. She deserved the torture, not just because she had done so little to get her companion back - but because she had stayed in denial for so long. But she couldn't breathe anymore…

Trying to freeze her out I see. LOL

Whit
    The landscape has changed. The grasses are stiff, but not from dry heat, from a layer of ice that has solidified along their stems. The ground has a thickening layer of frost turning it white. The areas where my hooves have scraped against it reveal what was summery dirt beneath, but the imprints lasted only seconds as the snow fell down, muting and freezing everything. Finally, now, I look to the sky, I realise the damage I have woven. Snow falls upon my nose, my whiskers curl as my nostrils snort the flakes away from their opening. Shit, the thought tumbles through my crown, loud against the denial that had filled it previously. I am pulled away from my denial, from my self-pity, and plunged back into the reality - the reality of my magic, of the weather taking on a dangerous shift. I was shivering still, my thin, summery skin not taking kindly to the sudden chill.

A voice sounds behind me. My ears, once tucked beneath the knotted and dreadlocked ropes of mane and forelock, lift to catch her words. Regalis, they say, my hawk's name was Regalis. I let the words wash over me, I let them fill me up, wash away the denial, the hate, the sorrow, albeit momentarily, but it is a moment of reprieve, of relief, and I cling to it, selfishly willing to deny the hole, the broken soul, the damaged and rotten remains that decay in the coffin that is my body. My bodice turns around, back towards the crème belle, and I feel the softened curves of a smile start on my face. They freeze though - literally and figuratively, as I realise the full extent of the damage I have wrought. I stumble - for my lower limbs are numb and a bit useless by now - towards her, and I sling a wing over her shoulders, rubbing them slightly to encourage warmth to spread back between us both. Sorry, I want to say, but the words do not come. My muzzle leans towards her, and I blow warm air towards her, hoping that it would fill the blanket my wing creates and start the thawing process. I look to the sky again, begging it to stop, but the snow only continues to fall. Salty tears continue to freeze around my eyes, some of them managing to drip a ways down my façade before they are halted by the sub-zero temperatures my soul has orchestrated around us. Please, stop, please, I beg to my own magic, feeling it vibrating within me, feeling it wave its conductor's baton at the skies, heedless of my begging.

"Sitka.." I murmur, barely a whisper. It is a pleading, a wish. If I am to die today, I want it to be with your name upon my lips. "Sitka, please," I beg, a bit louder, and I feel a shift around me. It like the sensation of a hot breath washing over me, and I feel a warm, summery breeze pierce through the snowstorm. My magic becomes more tangible to me, and I cling to it, grappling with it. But it is slippery, like a bar of soap in the shower, and it takes several moments of internal argument before I convince it to cease the freezing conditions. I breathe again, as the snow slowly clears, as the cloud above us slowly dissipates, as the warmth returns to thaw our frozen bodies. My attention turns to the mare again, to Rasta, and I hope I haven't hurt her beyond repair. My wing lifts up, and I fold it back across my own back, before stumbling a few steps away from her. It was as if the nearness of our bodies might allow her to see damage within me, and I was afraid of that..

I wasn't ready to face this. So my stumbling, stiff legs kept moving, slowly putting more distance between us. I was not ready for this.

[[ @[Rasta] <3 She isn't gone, just kind of half-heartedly walking away, lol. ]]
    Cirrus
    the Wind Dancer
    x - x

• I enjoy being tagged.

Cold. There is more cold than one could comprehend. Clawing at her soul. Threatening to crack her crème coat in the world created from shattered minds. Could it possibly crash any farther. Curdling her flesh and innards until it causes her system to catalyze it's descent into crumpled piles of pain. Cold air chokes her lungs.

Turning. Her lithe form is trained to pick up the vibrations of this pegasus who turns before her. Taut strings of pain line her face as her trepid movements cause her to tangle up in her way toward Rasta. Tiny frame trembling as she pulled herself in closer, tighter. And, as the taller mare draped a wing over the gold one's shoulders, the tilt of her wing while it was tossed back and forth tried to encourage her to keep fighting. Tired, blind eyes gaze towards the other twisted, torn soul. Perhaps they'd turn around their tired minds.

Sitka. Swarms of warmth were being swept in from Cirrus' maw. They swung around the crevices of the quilt-like substance her wings created and slid across Rasta's pelt like a soft mother's embrace against a newborn. There was still a sweetness in their souls, after the sickness and startling plain that stings from the severed souls. So, she sidles up with the other mare, trying to breathe warmth against her as well. Sitka's name is murmured until the snow ceases and the sun slides back into view. Yet she stumbles, even when she still holds the power of Sitka within her. Sitka won't leave her.

Move. She keeps moving. Motions of uncertainty and marketed pain. Malicious things have happened but momentary relief can be mustered up giving the right circumstances. However, it is the pegasus leaving that has Rasta marching forward. "Cirrus… You don't have to be alone. Sitka hasn't left you… He's still giving you strength. It is clearest when the profoundness of the world is not distracting one…" She tried to make her voice strong - for she had witnessed the miracle which had manifested upon calling his name. But, would she keep moving? Would she always have to move?

Whit
    The freeze lifts, the Sun penetrates the cloud of chilling, frosty air, the snow dissipates, both from our surrounds and my hide. My crown is held below my withers, my strides slow and reluctant, but with a slow, trudging sense of determination in each one too. I had to get away, to put space between us, lest I lose grips of that which was determined to destruct everything around me once more. Oh Sitka, what have you done to me? You have left me, and in your absence, I've lost a grip on all that is real or unreal, I've forgotten what it is to care, about myself or others. I've become disjointed, unwhole, my life seems to be leaking out of me through the many fractures that are left in your wake.

A voice breaks through the veil I have made. I would be lying if I said I wasn't relieved - I wasn't the cause of anther death, another departure from this world. Rasta calls my name, and my stride pauses, but it is a mere reflex, a moment's hesitation, before my broken mind forces the automatic continuation of my stride once more. The crème belle's steps follow mine, however, her voices unable to find cessation, and when she murmurs the word that defines everything I have lost - Sitka - my sharp, electric gaze peers over my shoulder to hold her in view, though I know her own pools are blind to the silent language.

You don't have to be alone. Sitka.. All else that she says is lost, taken by the wind that steals the words away from her lips. My ears press to my skull, and I grind my teeth as I struggle to contain the magic that longs to rain terror upon this scene. "No," my voice is dry, thick with the contained struggle. "He is gone. And he is never coming back." My voice drops, a deadly, poisonous edge, and with its words, a metaphorical barrier forms, refuting any further statements on the matter.

Saying the words out loud, I feel whatever connection I thought I still had with you, sever completely. I feel the tears well up behind my eyes, and before I can openly sniff and try to hold them back, I open my wings, and allow the wind to fill them. Up and forward, I push myself, looking only to the clear sky ahead, ignoring the aching, pulsing force that is my magic trying to break free, to contend with the searing heat of TallSun. Not today, nor any day, I fear, will I be ready to face the true, hard facts, that is your permanent absence.

[ Cirrus is out <3 ]
    Cirrus
    the Wind Dancer
    x - x

• I enjoy being tagged.