the Rift

[OPEN] i officially hate angels [leaders, healers]

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
AURELIA
* World's Edge *

I am just another failure. Perhaps the biggest failure. I've made my mark, but it's a scar that the horses I've damaged will never forget. I want to go hide. I want to sulk, cry, scream, and die. I can't. Not yet. I need to save Shilva. I need her to live. She's become part of me, and if she dies there will be an void in my heart that just gets deeper and deeper. I know why Mauja is hidden behind walls now. Perhaps he doesn't want to look like me, crazy. Perhaps sanity is hiding your feelings. Perhaps it is letting no one inside.

The glass border is just ahead, and I bound towards it. Freedom. I'll be free now. I'll leave Cheveyo, Resplendence, Alysanne, Kaj, Quilyan, the Lesbians (Ktulu and Lakota), Brisa, and everyone else behind. I admit it, I'm happiest to be leaving Kahlua. How the hell did she beat me? I still feel the sting of my own burns on hmy hindquarter, and it doesn't fail to remind me that I've just lost my home. I've just left the only place I've ever loved. The only place I've ever felt peaceful. The only place I've ever had friends. I guess now I can start over. Learn to be normal. I can learn to hide my emotions and become more appealing to everyone. I can put up a fake front of happiness. No one will know I want to die. No one will ever know I'm sad. They'll think I'm happy, and this is perfectly fine now. I can accept it.

I dance around the glass shards and take off, out of the World's Edge. I take off out of my old home. I leave them behind. I don't invite them to come with me, because they wouldn't want to. I'm the villain here. The villain always looses. I guess I should've studied the fairy tales my mom used to tell me. The perfectly happy Queen always wins, not the pyromaniac.

* Thistle Meadow *

I've galloped a while now, but I've only made it to Thistle Meadow. Sweat beads off of my ivory coat. It's a struggle galloping across this meadow with the sun overheating my back, making me sweat that much more. I can't help but obsessively think about Kahlua. She's like an angel. If I ever see her again, I'm not going to be able to look her in the eye. I'll start to cry. I don't want to cry anymore, but the tears that are still rolling down my cheeks can't be stopped. Can I please just run away? Can I please just jump into the lava at the Heart? I'm so not fucking special. I wish I was special, but I'm a creep-- a weirdo. What am I even doing here? I don't belong here. Everyone knows that. I'm a mare named Kill, not Aurelia. I'm not an angel. I'm a devil. I don't float around like a beautiful feather. I'm more like a grenade. A grenade that explodes over and over again.

The river comes up in my view and I increase my pace until I reach it. I slide to a halt once I do reach it. My head drops to the beautiful blue water. My lips move around in the cool blue water as I suck up water to my stomach. It quenches my thirst. My head eventually rises again and the liquid drips off of my kissers. I wade forward, my hooves sloshing around in the water. I know I can't get off task, so I pick up my gallop and continue to head for the Dragon's Throat. The tears stop falling from my aching eyes, but my cheeks are stained now.

* Dragon's Throat *

I stop at the borders. My previously wet cheeks are dry now. I seem normal, but I'm not. I'm nervous. "Africa! Healers!" My voice is loud. The urgency in my voice is extremely obvious. Will they gallop to me and try to heal me? I unfurl my wing and put Shilva's body in the red sand. My muzzle drops to her limp body. My lips caressing her scales. I don't want her to die. Can they heal her? They better come and start healing her, not me. My burns and bruises may look bad, but they don't hurt half as much as loosing Shilva would hurt.

"Talking"
ooc:; i was going to do third person so no one knows exactly what aurelia is thinking, buuuut she's hard to write like that <33 okay, so instead of making a thread in all these different locations, I decided to just write on long post about her galloping over here. The first part, she is leaving the edge, then she takes a break in the thistle meadow, and ends up at the throat borders.
Image Credit

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
RASTA

hey sister, do you still believe in love, i wonder?

Silence. She hadn't spoken words in months. Symphonic syllables had not been sweetly sung from her maw in almost three seasons, and now she was just barely managing to keep those drowning thoughts afloat. The way each breath strung into each other - the way each tone gave the premise of another one to follow. The melodic tones wrapping around the ears, the minds, of those she was striving to be with. They were the serenity of her family - these sweet, sweet chords that spin and pull the strays from their depths of destruction. The silence was no more.

Weakness. Water had been forced down her throat. Limbs were like jelly as she attempted to wash away the sins which were clinging to her pelt - clinging to the pelts of those around her. But, wicked images still were warped in her mind. The images of her being worn down, watched, beaten, whispered taunts. It was a pain. It was horrors many should never have to witness. But she was weak.

Red. She wondered if the red dirt really was a sign of the rallying fires that burned in all of the Throat members' souls. Requiring recitals of recent deaths, of recent births, of recent events that we dared to request stay in our memories, resting and then replaying them at our wills. But she couldn't reel in the colours anymore. No. She recoiled, she resisted, but this resistance couldn't bring the colours back. It only allowed her go to back to rewiring the ragged vibrations of ricocheting waves of movements, wind, sound. Still, red was gone.

Black. Burnt, broken, and battered. The blatant sign to those who could see that many things were being twisted into barred memories that buried them in chains and covered them in bruises. Barren lands with bent souls and begging creatures. She was healing, bending and breaking until she managed to bury the sickness and bring back out the strength she had once been babying, been hiding as she dealt with the pain. But it was still all black.

Africa. A not so affluent, anonymous body was asking, no screaming, for the able-bodied, angel and the assistance of the herd healer. Acquired senses cause her to go airborne, or as airborne as an equine body could actually be. Hooves kicking up the sand until she arrives at what she is certain is the borders. Africa will be here soon.

Companion. Cold, curled and definitely more of a reptile than the not-so-calm one with feathers so out of place it bothered the gold one before her. Astute measures of the vibrations had her allowing her hoarse voice to appear - requiring that attention was paid. "The sand will burn your creature as much as fire if you leave her as such." A simple phrase, no welcome, no questions. It was not of a cutting nature, no choir-like sound. Just cold, hard facts. The summer sun burned the crushed rock and it would carve burn scars into the Gods creation. But, it was the companion that cut Rasta off, the lack of a companion that made her chaff. She cried for her companion.

Assistance. Would the Throat come and aid her as they had fawned over Rasta? Would the same assistance be awarded?

Let the masses come...

Given permission to post here by Riven as Rasta is staying in the Throat for a little while to get her energy back!

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

A chiding cry rolled down from the clear blue heavens, loud and unabashed as it struck pricked ears of the listening one-winged mare, and frankly any other lingering nearby to the bridge. Silas recalled easily the treason made by the visitor against his gullible, gentle-natured companion; the crude, discourteous handling of her generosity and (the no doubt) self-centred plea to harbour the blood-child of one so estranged. He was not a fan of Aurelia’s behaviour- it brought unnecessary trouble upon his beloved’s already wearied mind. For the first time in a long time, there was no strain clouding her thoughts, no sadness or spoil; why now was this golden-tinged mare again lingering by the gate...?

Lolling in the salty, frothing shallows of the northern shoreline, Africa was cleansing her filthy hide and soaking at length her tired muscles. Much had been achieved lately, and her heart had not felt so lightweight for many years. The grief of her Basin incarceration had been alleviated not long ago while still hordes were sheltering underground; the pent frustration stirred by the two-face wingless black had been all but dissolved entirely from her consideration, and Silk had returned from the dead, stealing back a heart that had been so terribly bruised by the manner of his passing. Though the labour of her appointment beneath the guidance of the God of the Sun was strenuous and days were long, she worked with passion and confidence; drawing strength from Sohalia who had accepted wholeheartedly the task which the Mother of Companions had left behind. For once, life just felt so right.

To good to be true...

The zephyr’s cry echoed through the vast desert wilderness, finding easily her watchful ears. A brisk snort denounced the interruption, but she hauled her sodden body from the surf and shook heavily across the sand, a shimmering spray of seawater rising like a sun-kissed halo about her. The agitation leaked steadily through the bond shared between them and curiously, with growing apprehension, she lifted her light-caramel eyes to find the bird. He was sinking towards her quickly, and his anger plumed in her humble mind.

‘She has come again...’
“Who?”
‘The golden babe... she who turned her back... the child-bearer.’
“Aurelia?”
‘She summons. Demands. Like she has some right...’

Again his irritation filled the hot, dry atmosphere, and Africa felt a chill slither along her spine. It was not that she hated the girl; originally she had been quite fond of her. She had been naive however, and naturally too fast to place faith in those around her. Fool. The Starry-Eyed had returned to the Throat many seasons ago with the child-version in toe, eager and protective; gullible and nurturing. Maybe only a week afterwards, Aurelia vanished without a trace; without a word and the one-winged had suffered terribly at the hand of guilt and failure. She couldn’t have known then, that Aurelia had been simply incapable of any form of loyalty, and that it was in her nature to just be selfish. They had met infrequently by chance here and there; between then and now, but always Africa felt a vicious mistrust for the other; and now as she began to walk uneasily towards the border of her home, foreboding throbbed through her heart.

You never come to pass the time...

Africa was deliberately late on scene. She had no burning desire to liaise with one so unpredictable. Narcissist. Silas swooped down, alighting with a tender grip upon her rocking withers, wings spread wide to balance. To her surprise- and delight, Rasta had found Aurelia first and snorting softly to warn her pale sister of her coming, she drew quietly alongside. “Rasta.” she breathed tenderly, nuzzling the warmth of the other mare’s already dusty coat. Then kindly eyes (concealing well the wariness within), flicked towards the visitor- and again to the limp snake in her company. “Aurelia...” Her voice was soft, thoughtful, careful. “...What's going on? (What trouble are you in now?)...”

Image Credits | Table by SilkRapture

baylee
AURELIA
I'm alone for only a second. The horse who comes, I don't want her. I want Africa! She doesn't say 'Hi!' or anything like that. All she does is tell me what to do. She doesn't know anything! And why is she talking? I don't get this world. I don't get it one little bit. Why should I start listening to horses now? She tells me the sand will burn my snake, and tears surge to my orbs. I don't move to pick her up. She's cold to the touch and still limp. Why didn't I tell Shilva 'no'! Why didn't I stop her? Each salty tear rolls down my ivory cheeks and falls for only a moment before landing on the hot sand. Why doesn't Rasta see that dhe looks prettt dead? I don't understand this. "I don't think she can feel. I-I thinks she's..." My voice fades into gentle sobs that make my body quiver. I sink to the ground, embracing it's heat.

Then she shows up. It's Africa. She seems so different, so mature and I can't help but realize that I probably still look like a stupid child. I think my sobbing should make Africa realize that I've probably just lost my only friend. Shilva was the only one stpuid enough to be with me, and look where that got her? Look what has happened. She's dead, because of me. I'm not meant to be here. I'm not meant to have friends. I'm only here to bring chaos and destruction. I know everyone can see this. "She died because of me." I pause and look at the snake that I've now marked deceased in my mind. I didn't even get a chance to talk to her through my mind. "I was... in a fight... a-and, Shilva bite my opponent's leg, a-and I didn't stop it. I didn't tell her not to!" I close my eyes. I didn't get here fast enough to save her.

Maybe I should stand up and handle this maturely, but all I can do is cry and cry. I can't even look at the two mares. My eyes are blurry with tears and the hot sand is slowly burning my stomach. During my sobbing, my right wing shoots out and I lay it gently over Shilva. For a moment, this is si she doesn't burn. But I remember she is dead. She no longer feels. After a moment of holding my wing over her, all I can do it scoop her up with it and hold her by my side. "I don't even know what to do anymore." I wish Mauja was here. He'd tell me to get over myself and man up. I think that's what he'd say? I don't really know. He's still a mystery. I don't even know what Africa and Rasta will do. Surely they will laugh at me. Who wouldn't?

"Talking"
ooc:; soooo shilva is dead? xc sorry for terrible post doing this on my phone :3
Image Credit

I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

Mumbling. Muttering of words that are meant to have a meaning when made audible, not marred by the sobs. The maiden had not realized the snake was merely close to death - nor that it was actually more than a moment on the dirt for her to make comment of. But, still the mumbling was useless.

Wishful. A wary snort wisped its way into Rasta's audits, and as she allowed her frame to press up against the one-winged's warm pelt she felt the welcoming comfort the pair brought each other. Whiskers wisp across her flesh as her name is breathed out from the leader and Rasta cannot help but to allow the ghost of a smile to whisk onto her maw. "Africa," she whispered in return before watching as the mare seemed to continue to wallow in whatever was wrapping her up in a pile of water from her own sobs. Perhaps she would stop soon enough to explain. Perhaps that was only wishful thinking.

Death. Details do no fall from the dark drawl of the mare who is still driveling in her sobs. Does she dream of the pain that this darkness can inflict upon her? The dreariness of the days that can consume her deepest confines of her dripping heart. Decimated souls are damaged with holes from desperate pleas to drag those lost connections back to the diminishing light. Dare to take too long to deliver them the life they deserve and they will slip from your maw in the most devilish manner possible. Mercy does not become from the desecration of graves or the sheer lack of one. "I'm assuming the reptilian creation was but once your companion?" destined to fall into darker memories, Rasta forces her voice to remain level. She cannot risk allowing the tears to fall again, she cannot risk diving into the depths she might not return from. Death does not divinity make.

Emotions. Every pore of her fibrous being is eliciting a response of wanting to escape. But, the error in her ways that would have resulted from that keep her rooted to the ground, wishing to enamor those near her and bring back the escaping idea of peace. "Perhaps she wished to save you from the errors of your ways? Of a failed attack that could have swung to the spectrum of a fatality for you?" Intelligent words for the enriched being who had seen too many years to be able to live without feeling far endangered in every situation. However, trying to escape and shut down one's mind could only enrage the palomino. She had never allowed herself shut down. In fact, when her emotions took over she was weaker - more at risk, and she had only dared to do it with Alleo or Cera at her side. Emotions could kill.

Action. Anyone could see that a simple action might be the response to create the more awaited answer. "Give her a proper burial. Move. Assess the situation. Do not allow yourself to be overwhelmed. Grieve, when you are safe. Accept the death and accrue new knowledge from it…" Would she even allow her ears to take in the knowledge or would she attempt to ascertain that she knew far more than Rasta did. "I would know - I lost my own avian a while back, I am questing to acquire another, to attempt to fill the gaping hole…" Action was the best remedy.

Revenge. We can only hope it does not return to the murderer with revenge on its mind. Revenge is one of the sickest curses of the devil. Revenge causes more pain than the original action itself…

Deceased

Tears etched narrow channels down through the thin, smooth ivory fur along the younger foolish mare’s cheeks, dulling and darkening the golden swirl markings set upon them; golden eye’s appeared to be wrought-red and bloodshot with grief. While Africa’s heart rate began quickly to race and her empathy to churn and agonise on behalf of the girl’s very clear distress, common-sense and the need for self-preservation screamed overbearingly above all; once bitten twice shy... Her pale gaze was mellow as she studied the sunken mass of horse upon the sands bordering her home; beneath them pooled a cautious mishmash of disappointment and pity. Aurelia seemed completely unable to pull herself together. Quickly she decided that the serpent was the source of the devastation; injured? dead? Rasta spoke, her petite cream form pressed snugly and comfortably against the naked scarred shoulder. "I'm assuming the reptilian creation was but once your companion?" Africa moved automatically to nuzzle tenderly the limp creature as it lay shining beneath the full wrath of the sun, but hesitated naturally as instinctual fear twisted her gut.

“She died because of me.” Blubbering, the collapsed girl confirmed her immediate suspicion and the Starry-Eyed’s sympathetic soul sank for the other’s loss. She could not imagine life without Silas; perhaps there would simply be no life left at all. Before she could quell her misgivings to offer anything even remotely compassionate though, Aurelia was speaking again; indulging them with just what foul had brought such tragedy upon her and Shilva. "I was... in a fight... a-and, Shilva bite my opponent's leg, a-and I didn't stop it. I didn't tell her not to!" The dappled mare felt herself shift uncomfortably, not entirely surprised by the other’s revelation. Trouble indeed... “What reason had you to fight?” She asked quickly and gently, but questioningly all at the same time. She cursed herself silently for judging Aurelia so hastily, but the girl just seemed to emanate irresponsibility. Still!

Still the fallen mare cried; and cried and cried...

"Perhaps she wished to save you from the errors of your ways? Of a failed attack that could have swung to the spectrum of a fatality for you?" Rasta suggested sagaciously, and Africa nodded in agreement, despite the girl’s downcast eyes. A silvery wing slipped unexpectedly forward to shade the snake briefly before scooping it clear of its blistering death-bed. Africa shied reactively, already on edge given the circumstances. It was a horribly hot day, and there by the border, there was no relief to ease the burden. Mottled-grey was becoming quickly saturated; blackened by unrelenting sweat, and a horde of flies had united to feast. "I don't even know what to do anymore." Aurelia seemed to bleat, and it compelled a brooding sigh to purge from the lungs of the long-suffering Starry-Eyed.

Perhaps Rasta had felt the flinch of her shoulder; the bewilderment tensing so subtly through her sinewy body. The pale palomino spoke up when any reasonable proposal failed to form across the Sultana’s quivering tongue. It was perfectly timed. "Give her a proper burial. Move. Assess the situation. Do not allow yourself to be overwhelmed. Grieve, when you are safe. Accept the death and accrue new knowledge from it…" Honey eyes closed as her sister’s sensitive tone caressed long slouching ears. Africa had never known about Rasta’s companion, no less a bird. "I would know - I lost my own avian a while back, I am questing to acquire another, to attempt to fill the gaping hole…" Burning sadness swept through her core, and her velvety nose gestured around to brush her friend’s cheek in a show of support and warmth.

“And you?” She started with perhaps a little less warmth as she might have hoped for. “Have you any injuries yourself?” Africa wasn’t entirely committed to calling on the sacred flame of her home to treat any such harm, yet frustratingly, she could no more let Aurelia bleed than throw her to the ravenous sharks off shore. Tiredly she extended pursed, stiff lips to encourage the young Pegasus to her feet. It would do them no good to stay so exposed, burning and dehydrating. “Come child...” she said bluntly, turning inland. “We will find some shade.” Long black and red tendrils snapped despairingly across her swinging hocks, and she began a slow trudge towards the oasis. Africa had once insisted that Dragon’s Throat would always be Aurelia’s home, and she could not dishonour that. She would not so quickly be welcomed into the ranks again though; until she had proven some kind of loyalty, she would remain a guest at best...

baylee
AURELIA
“What reason had you to fight?” Why does she care about this? Does it even matter right this second? If I tell her I challenged for lead, she'll probably hate me and tell me to leave, but I don't want to do that. Of course, becoming lead was not the only thing I wanted. I might have attacked her so she'd realize she needs to learn how to fight. Successful leaders can fight. Kahlua, well, she's already successful, but now she'll be a little more successful. She'll be able to help in invasions and she'll be able to train young, less experienced horses. "I... Wanted her to... to see that she needs to know how to fight..... a-a little" I speak with my shaky voice between depressed sobs. That's not a good excuse for a fight. Look what this fight costed me. It costed me my only friend. Well, Destry is my friend, too. Can Mauja be counted as my friend? I'm not exactly sure what I consider him. He's a confusing little bastard, no matter how devilishly handsome I think he is.

Our conversation continues with Rasta speaking. "I'm assuming the reptilian creation was but once your companion?" I let my head bob up and down. "Y-yes. I didn't have her f-for long, b-but I still loved her." I hope that answers her question completely, if so I hope it gives her more information than she wanted, so I wouldn't have to tell her all the painful details about Shilva that are now ingrained into my head. They are painful because now when I think about them, I visualize Kahlua kicking my companion. I visualize my companion being thrown into the air. I see her landing with a silent plop on the ground. Remembering it all, my body starts trembling. The trembling is barely noticeable, but I worry I may have another seizure. There is no Resplendence to help me now. If I have a seizure, I have to tough it out and hope I don't snap my neck and die. This is a cruel world, my friends.

"fatality for you?" I highly doubt Kahlua would've killed me. She's too sweet and innocent to do that, but I nod my head. Perhaps Shilva saw something? Was Kahlua going to do something that could have greatly injured me? Rasta suggests that we bury her. A proper burial? Shilva really liked the World's Edge. I'd want to bury her there, but would Kaj and Kahlua allow that? I'm sure they both hate me now. I feel like a slate of glass that has been thrown to the floor. I was never meant to last.

Rasta tells us that she lost her bird companion and is questing to get a new one, and I stop crying. Why should I cry if she isn't crying? So I don't cry anymore. I suck back the tears and begin speaking. "I'm sorry for your loss." I pause for a moment before continuing. "Will you help me give her a proper burial?" My voice is gentle and soft. My orbs glance up at Rasta. I still don't understand why she is talking again, but I decide not to say anything. She is being nice to me, and this is all that matters. Oh, Rasta. Are you another angel? I've not become very fond of angels. Not after Kahlua.

Africa asks me a question, and I crane my head towards her. "I've got a few nicks and tucks, and one burn, but I'll be okay. I don't want to waste the healers' time." I politely smile, but Africa is already gesturing for me to stand up, and I comply. Sand grains fall off of my golden and ivory coat. The extreme heat of the sand fades away and allows me to cool off partially, but the heat of the sun keeps me hot. So, under the sun in the baking sand, I sweat a lot. It seems as if Africa is sweating a lot too. Her coat turns darker, where as mine turns a shade of pink. I don't mind being pink. In fact, I feel like it makes me look better in an odd way. With Shilva in my wing's grip, Africa calls me. So we go, to find shade.

I know where we are going. We are headed to the oasis. There are so many memories here. Like when Rasta said Gaucho shouldn't be lead. I remember in that meeting, Africa was next to me almost the entire time. When she wasn't next to me, she was being promoted to Oracle-- the position I desperately wanted. Of course, I knew Africa could do the job better. This started fueling my desire to leave, and I left. I went to the World's Edge. I became the Seer. Oracle and Seer, both wise one ranks, but the satisfaction never came. I became invisible. No one liked me. I was hated. I was stolen. I was banned. Now what? I want to join the Dragon's Throat. I want to see if my friends are here. Speaking of which, I should probably tell Africa Gaucho is back, but doesn't remember anything. I'm sure his family would love to see him again, and perhaps they could jog his memory.

"Talking"
ooc:; <3
Image Credit

I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

Disconcerting. The way she continued to drawl on and on. The distinct reason that wasn't a reason for a fight. Delirious - the mare must be delirious. Darker destinations had to have drug their way to the surface in order to result in the blow dealt to her companion. But wasn't disconcerting this entire mare's being?

Messy. Mastering emotions of such magnitude was messy. Malicious or not, the actions of this other fighter had torn a soul from the world, not allowing it a chance to mark its own path. Masking emotions was a part of the golden one's make-up. And so, she kept her maw shut as the winged one spoke of only having her for a short time. "Love traverses all of time, young one…" Rasta murmurs. Messy, far too messy.

Apologies. A low sigh escapes the mare's maw, barely audible in over the sobs that littered the air. It is only Africa's comforting maw upon her cheek which caused the astute blind mare to allow a singular tear to fall down across her maw. So much for not allowing her emotions to control her. "Thank you, though I believe the more pertinent apologetic phrase would be for yours - that of which I am sorry for the pain that must radiate through you." Apologetic gestures - would they be wasted?

Burial. Begging for the beast inside of her to buy into the idea that it can leave the pegasus alone it seems. Blind eyes move towards the mare, allowing her gentle words to bubble forth from her maw. "I suppose I can assist, if you do not mind earth shaking to loosen the ground," but the offer is at best manners - she knows it will break her for she was not given the opportunity to bury her own. Burial, it was an opportunity for closure.

Home. Heavy limbs bean to shuffle back towards the shade. Her bodice pressed up against Africa's shoulder as the two mares began the trek back to the Oasis. Hurt hearts and harbored thoughts were most of what this group was. So, hailing through the heat, they would find their way. They would find their way home.

Deceased

The conversation wandered between the topics of fighting and bonds (love and apologies), but Africa’s mind was spiralling well beyond Aurelia’s ridiculously out of control reality; clouding with resignation and frustration. She still didn’t understand how this turn of events had managed to spill across her tranquil desert sands at all; she felt stupid, at a loss. Aurelia had been missing, wandering, feral, for many solid months without trace and the dapple grey wondered with a sigh why now, under such awful circumstances, she had dragged herself and this dead serpent so far south. Something just didn’t add up.

"I've got a few nicks and tucks, and one burn, but I'll be okay. I don't want to waste the healers' time," the younger Pegasus had answered with some civility and no more tears. Why are you here then? A vague, half-hearted smile formed to curl slightly her dusty-red lips but she didn’t turn as she moved to guide the small group across scorching dunes. Hooves scuffed unenthusiastically, driving slippery troughs as she passed across the dry heaped sand, this journey seemed longer than any she had taken before- even that with Madyrn and Maskan from the Basin, when she’d been broken both physically and mentally two years back. The sun seemed more overwhelming, its caress bitter and angry even, and the sweat stained heavily her bleak hide with water and salty. Flies bothered with unrelenting vigour about her pumping nostrils, and she flicked regularly her long, elegant skull to unsettle them; flame engulfed forelock dancing to and fro with each bothered jerk.

Despite the heat, the burden of Aurelia’s unexpected and not altogether welcome return, Africa was glad to feel the press of Rasta’s creamy body against her naked shoulder; scar pink, exposed and burning. In those silent moments spend walking, trudging, dallying, the Starry-Eyed wished that her friend and sister would stay longer, even forever. So different was this new era upon the Throat, and the alien faces expanding throughout brought no comfort or joy; not like those of old, when times were untroubled (mostly), and days were spent lolling by the water, laughing, relaxing... Again she sighed, closing thick eye-lashes across the translucent illusion of the growing oasis ahead. She supposed eventually it would feel like home again.

When finally they fell into the generous cover of the canopy, mimosas and tall swaying palms, Africa stopped and turned towards Aurelia- not quite managing a smile. “I don’t know why you are here. But if you disrespect my home during your stay, you will be turned out for good.” There was a grim sternness etched into her pale face which felt just as uncomfortable as it would have appeared. It gave the Starry-Eyed no pleasure having to say such, but the God of the Sun had set her as guardian over his followers and land alike; and protect both she would with every grain of her being. “If by old Dragon’s Blood’s last leaf fallen by Frostfall you have proven yourself to be no threat, I will welcome you back into our ranks.” She nodded firmly, the softness of her kindly eyes eroded by the gravity of her words.

[ooc: changed her probation to finish by Frostfall.]

baylee
[quote='Aurelia' pid='103725' dateline='1403554067']
AURELIA
As we make our way to the shade, the conversation doesn't stop. In fact, it seems as if we are rising towards the climax of everything that will come of this meeting. I continue to will myself not to cry. Holding Shilva in my wing, I continue following Africa and Rasta. Rasta tells me that it doesn't matter how long I had her, because love is love. This is how I interpret what she's said. I offer her an honest smile as we walk.

Rasta agrees to help me have a proper burial for Shilva. She says something that makes me wonder. Shake the ground? I cock my eyebrow at her and my voice instantly begins sending sugar-coated words off of my tongue. "You've shaken the ground before. I remember because you didn't speak... That was you, correct? I don't mind. I'll like having you in my company, Rasta." My tone is soft. Still, the edge of curiosity peaks it's way into my tone. Rasta, I want to know why you can speak now? Why couldn't you speak before? Why is your gaze so... empty? Almost like the stallion from the edge, the one with the scars over his eyes. Rasta, are you blind? Why can you move around without being scared you'll run into something? I don't get it.

Once we reach the shade, Africa is quick to turn towards me and begin talking. She is colder. What has been done to her? The once bubbly mare doesn't seem to be so spunky. What has changed her? "I would never disrespect your home." Your home? I don't understand. Isn't she just an oracle? Where is Midas? Where is everyone? Everything is strange now. She continues speaking, and I am so shocked. "I have never been a threat to this herd, and I never will be a threat. I am will not do anything to threaten you, this land, this herd, nor anyone allied with these lands." I pause for a moment, sipping in a small breath. Why is she punishing me so harshly? I left her, but that was a year ago! She can't do this?! I love her so much. Why doesn't she love me anymore? Why doesn't she act like my sister? Why doesn't she care about me anymore? I keep telling myself that we're friends, but obviously we are not. Obviously, she does not care. Did she care back then?

I remember when a stallion had tried to take my wing off. The Earth God healed me. Africa didn't even realize I was there. Did she ever care? It was nice before. She at least pretended to like me, but now she is shoving all of this threat business into my face. I don't like this Africa. "Africa, what position are you?" Is she hostile from being demoted? Is she suddenly letting the power go to her head? What happened to the oracle I loved? "I do not know if this is of any use to you, but I wanted to tell you Gaucho was back, but he doesn't remember anything." Will she remember my crush on him? Will she see him as a threat? Will she try to recruit him? Why am I telling her this. Why so many questions?

"Talking"
ooc:; <3
Image Credit

RASTA

Recognition. She seemed to place the previous rondevu in the meadow where Alleo had been with us. When I had been wrung with the reality of muteness instead of blindness. However, the words that slipped from her maw of liking Rasta in her company she failed to believe. "That was me," she plainly responds, recalling the scene well enough. Recognition could assist, though.

Support. She pressed herself up against the physically shattered mare. Showing her way as a form of strength when she wasn't sure how Africa would manage. Sweet voice seemed to darken. She gives an ultimatum and she can only slide into her own place in the area which she is. Knowing that Rasta do not have any say in what she is allowed to do. Support is all she can give.

Past. The past is drug up. Memories pushed forward from panicked portions. Gaucho is back. Persistent memories are sorely lacking from his end though. Perhaps it would be for the best. Then, he couldn't push the Throat into pressing situations they should not be in. But, the past is what makes you.

Delicate. Destroyed mind finally speaks back up, digressing from the information about Gaucho. It would mean nothing to her. Though, deep down she didn't doubt that Midas would want to know. So, she would spread the message upon her return to the Falls. Now, there were more pressing matters. "Where would you wish for this burial to happen? Africa, will you join us?" she said, delicately broaching the thought that Africa would stay by her side. She couldn't drag through the pain without her there. She was too delicate with this open wound.

Deceased

Threat.

...perhaps that might have seemed a little harsh. Africa felt weight akin to concrete sink through her stomach, and she shifted uncomfortably across twitching legs. It seemed all at once that the transparency of her bitter distrust had been quite a spectacle- poor Aurelia, no matter how foolish or immature her behaviour, was overcome with a glaze of bewilderment and said quickly, "I would never disrespect your home." The one-winged wanted to extend her quivering nose, I want believe you; but withheld the gesture and stood firm against the sternness of her caution. Quickly the other began again, and the confusion laced her words like night-frost over grass. "I have never been a threat to this herd, and I never will be a threat. I am will not do anything to threaten you, this land, this herd, nor anyone allied with these lands."

She thought suddenly of her own treachery, that which she had paid dearly for- the one which Midas had both forgiven and comforted her for. Africa remembered the day atop the beach-side cliff, when the God of the Earth roused the waves into chorus and the tree line to waltz. Aurelia had been there, wounded, but the pang of the younger’s crude rejection had been as raw, as toxic, as a wolf-bite. She was a kindly heart it was true, but she was no more susceptible to hurt and infidelity than any other around them. The golden-flaked mare had left a scar upon the Starry-Eyed’s frail, impressionable mind. With some grimness remaining, Africa nodded- fully appreciating the apparent sincerity of the pledge. She had set the timeframe, and given the chance, the proof, she would happily take it away.

Rasta stood all the while in relative silence. The petite palomino was pressed close against the flinching flank of the one-winged, and Africa was more than grateful for the show of steadfast support; a reason to not crumble back into her own miserable pool of obligation and insecurity.

Aurelia asked suddenly, brashly, "...what position are you?" and the grey bristled agitatedly. Pale eyes stiffened as they sought the other’s tear-stained, golden eyes; be calm. She drew a long breath and held it, pulling her narrowing gaze towards the clear blue heavens above. The girl continued, "I do not know if this is of any use to you, but I wanted to tell you Gaucho was back, but he doesn't remember anything." Lungs purged the breath at last. “That is useful information...” she answered without delay, avoiding the first question asked. “Thank you.” Naturally Africa wondered where he had been between the final days in the Sancturay, and now. She was curious about his return to Helovia, but more so about the reason he’d not come home. Like with the absence of Midas, Dragon’s Throat had a great void in its midst- especially the army.

Again Rasta rescued the situation, dissolving the tension which seemed always to linger about the estranged friends, sisters like Africa had called them a long time ago, asking gracefully, "Where would you wish for this burial to happen?" and also, if she would join them, for some memorial perhaps- the Starry-Eyed was none familiar with death and the respects owed consequently. “I will, Rasta.” She answered with recovering tenderness, offering Aurelia condolence through a dipped skull and sombre half- smile.

baylee
AURELIA
I tell Africa about Gaucho and ask her a question, but she avoids my question. Is she really that sore about what happened? I was a yearling, I didn't feel safe here... Get over it. I guess I can't be too upset at her, though. She did trust me, and she even considered us sisters. I know i definitely did. It won't be completely hard to wait a tiny bit before rejoining the herd of the desert. Of course, I would love to join now and begin recruiting and stuff, but I'm okay with waiting.

I can tell Africa hates me. It's the only thing I see in her. I know that could just be me imagining it, but the way her bright eyes stiffen their intense gaze on me.... It makes me feel small, unloved. "I can bring him here..." I recall his extreme desire to smash me when we were battling. The way his baleful gaze bore into my fragile soul and made me shudder. "perhaps." I add on. No need to get their hopes up high, just to come back a Gaucho-less failure. But that stallion is so damn stubborn he may just completely ignore me. Will I have to find another way to get him? Of course, I suck at stealing and fighting, so I'd have to convince him to come back, even if it's merely a visit.

The conversation continues when Rasta's elegant voice wafts in the air and fills up the greedy silence that plagues the relationship between Africa and I. She asks me where this burial should take place. "E--" I stop myself from saying Edge. I'm surely well hated there. Why should I go back? I mean, I guess I could and just try to avoid Kahlua and all the Edge members. How hard can it be to sneak in and out? They probably wouldn't even notice. "dge... the World's Edge." Whatever, what's the worst that can happen? The Edge members talk to me? I could probably be okay with that. Rasta also invited Africa to join us, and I am pleased to see Africa accepting the offer.

"When shall we go?" I'd prefer to go sooner, so Shilva can happily rest in peace. Of course, I would wait years if that is what Africa wants.

"Talking"
ooc:; <3 sorry for the wait
Image Credit

RASTA

Silence. It stung the air and shattered the sickening minds of it all. Sweet lyrics flickered across the sky as the one-winged mare agreed to come with. Rasta gently allowed her bodice to press against the mare's frame. She just wanted for her to know that she was there in this situation, regardless of what exactly it was. So, when the one who had lost her companion had spoken again. The silence wasn't there anymore.

Edge. She asks for the Edge. Rasta supposes that it can be done, and so she bobs her head in agreement. However, the heat exhaustion has left her weary, and so she wishes for a few more days in order to accomplish this. "Perhaps you could spread her ashes over the Edge - allow her to forever be free?" she offers before shifting her weight and listening to the next words from her mouth. "Could we go in a weak. I'm still recuperating from an illness and I'd much prefer not to push anything,"

It was quiet words, simple responses and gentle care that she spoke with. They would do this for this mare's companion - regardless of the actions that led to her death. It was the honourable thing to do. So, blind eyes gazed towards the winged one's frame as she pressed up against her friend. They would do this. She would be strong, and she would get through the burial that she had never been able to give to her own companion when he had passed.