the Rift

You gave me wings.

Kadir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Kadir shivered as the warm, late afternoon sun filtered through the densely packed trees making her solid grey and shimmering white pelt seem dappled. She pulled her heavy wings closer to her body to keep them from scraping the trees as she carefully picked her way around them. Her feathers were still damp from her earlier flight through the clouds. Her wing muscles were finally starting to fill out, allowing her to enjoy slightly longer flights everyday. However she had never strayed far from a particular grove of trees she had started to call home, hoping her mother would one day come back. 'I've barely waited a year.' She snorted as the thought flashed across her mind, "If she was coming back she would have done so by now, idiot." She berated herself softly.

Coming to an abrupt halt Kadir realized she lost all sense of direction while she was recalling old memories. Her dark blue eyes glanced up looking for a break in the trees big enough to allow her massive wing span to fit through so she could scan the area from above. A slight tinkling sound emanated from the jewels on her headpiece. It was a delicate and pretty thing. The dark blue jewels were only slightly darker than her eyes and sparkled faintly when the sunlight hit it just right; they also loved to make a beautiful sound, only really heard to her, when they hit the silver wire as she moved. A small grin spread across her face as she resumed walking and recalled the story her mother told her about where the headpiece originated from. Her mother had told her that she had been the greatest thief of her time in her own lands. The princess there had been corrupt and often tried abusing her mother when they were younger. So as a form of payback she gained the king's trust and while their backs were turned she stole the crown and fled. Kadir had never thought the story was true but she let her mother have her fun with her creative stories.

After a while of weaving her way through the trees Kadir found a clearing big enough to allow her to barely escape the canopy of leaves. She stood in the warm but fading sunlight and quickly marveled at how the white on her coat shimmered with a light blue hue as the sunlight danced along her pelt. Smiling she stepped further into the clearing and spread out her wings. Her heart always seemed to soar when she looked at them for they had always been there to help keep her steady when she was dizzy or warm when it was cold and helped keep her above whatever danger may be lurking. Suddenly feeling as though eyes were peering at her through the thick wall of trees she scanned the area before preparing herself to spring into the sky.

Bunching herself up like a cat getting ready to pounce on her supper she leapt into the air, her wings steadily pulling herself into the sky as if to feast on the stars. Kadir faltered slightly as her left wing clipped a branch but she steadied herself with a muttered curse and climbed a bit higher. She knew her small part of the forest by heart and knew practically every tree and squirrel that lived there and had chosen one of the tallest trees in that area as her home. Her wings kept up a steady but labored beat as she struggled to stay at one point above the ground as she scanned the forest below her searching for the one tree that was slightly taller than the rest. She gave a breathy sigh when she found it a bit behind her and to the North but groaned as she saw the clearing she just left was the closest one to her grove. Pulling her wings in slightly towards her body she circled back to the clearing and in a lazy spiral that drifted down to the hole in the top of the trees. Kadir made sure that she positioned herself to land facing the direction she needed to go. She grumbled as she realized she would have to pull her wings nearly all the way to her body and basically plummet from there to the forest floor.

Kadir grunted as her feathered feet hit the ground and her wings beat at the air to help her keep her balance. Pulling her wings around her, she shivered in the cooling evening air she headed towards her tree; sending a quick glance over her shoulder as she again felt the invisible eyes peering out at her from the gathering darkness under the tall trees.

walking
"talking"
'thinking'

[ooc; Yep my writing skills have a bit of dust on them. Shoo little annoying particles of death. ]
Kadir
I'm taking off tonight, now I'm free.
x - x

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
The beard of glory...

As usual, his slightly nomadic nature pushed his hooves to movement and Torleik once again found himself in the Threshold. New faces were less likely to be cruel than old, and the dual-horned rabicano felt little kinship with those around him in the Basin. So he wandered out beyond the Sentinel, beyond the tundra and the cooler air into the unfortunate humidity and heat of the Tallsun season.

Irelyn shaded his head by sitting perched on his horns, unwilling to expend energy flying. It was too hot for that. The sound of beating wings met his audits nonetheless and his glacial eyes looked around curiously, wondering what winged creature was in flight nearby.

To his surprise - and loathing - he found it to be a pegasus.

Was it the pegasus stallion he wanted? The one he would find and beat into a bloody, feathered pulp? Scent told him this one was a mare and he frowned, disappointed. It seemed his desire for revenge would not be sated today, and his thoughts wandered slightly philosophical. Revenge for what? No claim of his had been violated and in reality, it was Brisa who'd hurt him more.

But he couldn't exactly beat down a new mother could he? With a sigh - the pegasus mare had looked straight at him so Torleik assumed he'd been spotted. Emerging from the trees, he approached slowly and with no attempt to be friendly - though he was not rude, either. "Are you lost?"

It was a simple question. He would direct her if need be. Otherwise, he would move on.

"talk talk talk"

-----------------------------------
OOC: Has a Basin tag, so I appear! :D

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Kadir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
She was only slightly surprised when a shadow emerged from the trees. Then a strand of fear flipped her heart as she saw it's shape was of one unknown. But that quickly passed as it fully stepped into view as a unicorn stallion with an animal she could only assume was a griffin sitting on his horns.
She gave a quiet chuckle to the question he asked. "If you mean 'Do you know where you are going?' Then yes. But if you mean 'Do you know where you are at?' Then the answer would be no," Kadir answered with a quizzical look at the stallion then continued, "I've resided near this part of the forest with my mother for a year and by myself for nearly another. You have been the first to see me. I've watched many like you and me pass by but no one ever bothers to look up. Even if you make a twig come falling down near someone they always just assume it was a squirrel or something." She said with a smirk. Then with a flick of her head to remove the dampening hair from her eyes Kadir fully inspected the black being. He was slightly taller than herself and black in color. His eyes shone a bright blue and streaks of white were visible both in his mane and covering his belly. And his horns were curved with the odd creature perched on top. Quite handsome if I do say so myself. She thought with an internal smirk. "I am called Kadir," she said as she curiously glanced once more at the odd creature in his horns.

walking
"talking"
'thinking'

[ooc; I'm such a derp with a side or merp. But my computer is running beautifully again so maybe I will notice something before I make a mistake like I did. *facepalm* ]
Kadir
I'm taking off tonight, now I'm free.
x - x

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
OOC: I am SO terribly sorry about sort of abandoning you here. I'm working and moving cities and starting graduate school and very busy and stressed. -_-

Torleik
The beard of glory...

The rabicano raised a brow at this cryptic response. "How can you know where you are going if you haven't a clue where you are?" he returned. The mare answered his question far more thoroughly than he'd expected - or wanted, really - but he listened regardless. For a pegasus, he liked her coloring and her form; she was thick and stocky, strong, capable-looking. That was respected amongst his people.

"Having a winged companion makes one much more aware of the skies," the dual horned unicorn replied, glancing up at Irelyn seated on top of his head. She gazed curiously, but quietly at this mare she didn't know, fond of her instantly due to the wings but confused by her bondmate's negative response for the very same reason.

Did he not like her own wings? Did he not like her because she could fly? A wordless 'no' from his side of their bond soothed her for the moment, but Irelyn couldn't help but feel the tension in his head over winged things ever since that white mare had pushed two tiny winged things out of her body.

"I am Torleik. If you are not lost, then what are you doing? The Threshold is no place to live, herdless and open to anyone as it is." He gazed at her expectantly for a response or explanation.

"talk talk talk"

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!