the Rift

[OPEN] Moving Onward

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani

I had overheard the adults talking about patrolling the wilds, to learn of any dangers or of anything at all really. I didn't know much about the two places that no one was patrolling, so instead I decided to do my own patrol. I mean after all, that's one way I can help the herd right?

Since I haven't learned to fly yet, I run. I run as fast as I can in the direction I remember being the way to the Vein of the Gods. That had been where I met the Sun God, the patron of my new home. Yes, I truly feel as home in the desert. Now I know why Momma begged Papa to return to Helovia with her so many times, why she sent me here to find the rest of our family....

I have failed her in that search, but I do not know where to begin. I know there are other herds, but where they are other than the Falls I do not know.. I have to hope that they will find me someday...

But that does not matter now as I am running up the stone path to the Vein of the Gods. I love this place, as outside of the Throat this is where I feel closest to my Lord. I stop at the end of the path with a slight skid. My mane flops forward and my ever growing forelock covers my golden eyes for a few moments. I gently shake my head and move on at a walk. I lower my head, incase any of the Gods happen to be here I want to look respectful to them. After all, by my patrol wasn't I helping in keeping this place safe?

It is only by the markings of the Sun that I find my Lord's shrine. I smile as I remember him standing upon those very ruins speaking of my mother. I can only wish that he could bring her back... Even if I know it is not possible. For a moment her's and Papa's screams fill my ears, as if to remind me that they gave up their lives so that I could live... I sigh softly. I know I need to move on and figure out the shrines of the other Gods, but for now I just linger.

"Talking"

quote quote quote quote quote
Image Credit

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre
I'd rather kiss the ground than kiss a starless sky
Staying still for simply one minute was not quite in Sacre's nature. There was only so much cropping grass he could go before his legs itched to be on the move again, to travel and explore. This time he had left the sunny land of fire and light to travel back to a place where he had last met Tandavi, where he had finally returned his flower and she had been gifted with the power of magic. Sacre often wondered what it would be like to have magic, did one feel empowered by it? Did it make Tandavi feel different from before? Or did it simply filter into the blood stream to be left unnoticed until called upon for assistance. He knew very early on that there were different kinds, his own parents had been wielders after all and even now he was beginning to think that Roux maybe had something a little different. Did that mean the rest of his siblings had magic? Was he the only one without it. Sacre stopped in his tracks before the ascent to the shrines and spent a few minutes mourning his own ordinariness. Son of those who would be well known in Basin lands and yet here he was, a furry ball of disgrace. Perhaps it was a good thing, the boy didn't know what kind of magic he would want anyway.

Sighing and pushing back his depressed thoughts, he began to carefully climb the rocky path with Inari on board his rump until eventually he reached the top with a puff of exertion and relief. A fall from that path would surely lead to death in the most excruciatingly painful way. However, his arrival in the Veins was not the first and before him stood a filly who was coloured in different shades of bay and white. Wings sprouting from her sides and accompanying her was the familiar scent of the arid desert, a scent he too now probably carried with him. It was one of the few he recognised and he smiled happily, glad to meet another one of the herd.

"Hey! Mind if I share your space" his words were bright and coloured with a mixture of high and dark vocals. His move from colt to stallion was far from complete. Inari yawned and blinked away the sleep from his eyes before circling his head to view the filly curiously.
image credits

@[Amani] hope you don't mind if Sacre joins her on patrol :D

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani

"Hey! Mind if I share your space" My head turns, pulling me from my daydreaming. Which for being on patrol is really a good thing I figure. His voice seemed to go from that of a child to that of an adult. I guess that means he is older than I am. Could be a good thing, incase we run into any trouble... But then again I can't imagine us finding trouble here. "I don't mind..." As he gets closer, I notice the smell of home upon his coat. He is another of the herd, which I am really greatful for.

I wait till he has caught up to me before speaking again. "I am Amani." I really don't know what else to say. I find myself suddenly shy around him, and the creature who is with him. I really start to wonder if everyone around here has a companion. Well, the stallion Dalibor hadn't had one... But Cera had one... I've seen others, like the ones who had come here when my Lord stood here and choosen two among us to quest for things they wished for.

Here I am, daydreaming again. I want the magic my mother had, even if magic already seems to flow in my veins. It's a strange, warm feeling when I make my balls of fire. Momma had been able to make heated gusts of air. She said the air could burn the lungs of those who breathed it in. I had watched before fleeing for my life... One of the wolves was struck by it, and fell over quickly gasping for breath. I had run then, ran for my life like Momma told me to. I think she knew there was to many for her to take them all...

"Talking"

quote quote quote quote quote
Image Credit

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre
I'd rather kiss the ground than kiss a starless sky
Sacre watches her white splashed head turn to his trumpeting arrival and he watched her with intent, ready to turn around and leave should she so wish. The colt was becoming increasingly gentlemanlike as the months rolled onto him, a contrast to that of his dark smeared blood of his family. Perhaps that side would rear its head in a moment of heat, but for now the boy was like a radiant sunshine despite his inky appearance. The filly gives her consent for him to remain and Sacre smiled in welcome at the mention of her name. Amani. It was pretty and fit her well in the colt's opinion. After that she had remained silent, lost somewhere in her own mind or maybe hoping he'd go away, but was too polite to say it. Silence, however, was not quite this colt's best forte and he fumbled on whilst looking curiously at the wrecked shrines before them, wondering how many times Gods had appeared here and what they had spoken about.

"I'm Sacre! It's nice to meet you Amani" he buoyantly beamed at her. Names, names! More to remember! He made a point of making sure he remembered hers, considering she appeared to be one of the few herd mates he had met so far. It often made him wonder if the herd as a whole was rather shy, if he was looking in the wrong places or whether it really was that small in number to such a vast land. The colt had yet to decide on this conundrum.

Inari bounced to life then, jumping down from his companion's sooty rump to yap happily in front of the filly, as if to remind Sacre that he had forgotten the most important introduction. "The fluff is Inari" he nodded to the fox who offered him a disgusted look at being called 'fluff' in return before he yapped once more at Amani in a very vulpine hello.

Sacre looked to the shrines then thoughtfully, once again thinking back to the time he'd last been here. "Have ever seen the Gods? I've only seen two of them" he admitted though his voice was filled with an awe like wonder.
image credits

@[Amani]

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!