the Rift

[OPEN] Exploring and Patrolling

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani

It has been several weeks since I ventured out of the Throat to the Vein of the Gods. I had been very succsessful in my very first patrol that I decided to take on another one. This one was going to be more fun, as it would be somewhere I had never been. Once again, I have to run or walk to get where I am going. This time, I extend out my wings to try and teach myself how to fly. After all, when you have wings why would you want to be stuck on the ground? I know I sure don't.

As I run I do however get to see the beauty in the lands of Helovia. If there is a Sun God, then there must be an Earth God who created all of this beauty. I do find myself in awe, but not in so much awe that I would stop following my Lord of the Light. He is and will always be the God that I worship without question.

Momma had told me a lot about Helovia when Papa wasn't around. About the places she had been and the adventures she had gone on. She also told me of the sad times.... One story pops into my mind about this Fields place I am trying to find... Oh what was it again... OH YEAH! That my Uncle Aaron and his companion had seen Grandma Solstice murdered there.... Now I am not so sure I want to go there after all... But I need to help my herd, so I press on trying to remember every detail about the place so I could find it.

Well, even without the story I find the place. The climb up the rocky path really has me wishing I could just fly to the top. At least I could practice landing by gliding to the bottom again... When I get back home I really need to find someone to teach me how to fly...

This place is just as beautiful as the rest of Helovia. The cloudy mist that surrounds the place makes it even better. However it keeps me on guard. Danger could clearly lurk in the clouds...

"Talking"

quote quote quote quote quote
Image Credit

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
Despite the intense Tallsun heat that has burned away most of the mists of Birdsong, for some reason, this mountain has remained shrouded in mystery. The cloud cover that flocks it in a ring around the base makes a tempting playground for you—it will be cool and shaded within, and if you fly deep enough, perhaps the glare that is bouncing off of the few snowy white clouds in the sky will not be so intense. So, you head for the mountain, alternating in a powerful flap-glide until the world around you suddenly goes from blue to gray.

Flying through these clouds feels like you have entered some otherworldly realm. It is eerily silent, and as far as you can see, you are the only one here. However, someone could be gliding along up here—they could practically be right next to you, hidden by the mist, and you would never know. A stony cliff looms out of the fog, and you bank a sharp right, enjoying the pleasant shiver that runs down your spine as the adrenaline kicks in from your little high speed evasion maneuver. You may not have your graceful landings down yet, but you are proud of the aerodynamic acrobatics that you are beginning to chance. You don’t consider yourself a daredevil by any means, but you are at home in the sky. Dangerous as your limited visibility flights may be, you somehow trust the air to hold you, to cradle you like the first warm thermals you rode as a yearling back in Th'orqui.

You amuse yourself testing out your evasion techniques for a good half an hour, circling back to the cliff and dodging it from this way and that, working up a sweat as you plummet closer and closer, pinning copper and white wings to your body on the final pass. Your stomach drops at the proximity of the cliff, and you let loose a giggle-whoop that borders on relief and hysteria—perhaps that is enough of that for now. Lazily, you flap off, searching for a place to land on the mountain.

And it seems that today, you’re in luck: as you rise from the blanket of clouds and into the sunlight, you catch sight of a beautiful green meadow just ahead on the summit of the mountain. The lush green grass aplenty makes your mouth water, and eagerly, you go in for a landing (a rather clumsy one, as usual, but at least you manage to keep your feet beneath you today). Heartily, you yank up a mouthful and survey your surroundings. That’s when the filly catches your eye.

She is standing quietly a little ways off, towards the edge of the meadow. She is alone, so you offer a friendly nicker and begin to trot towards her. For some reason, she looks familiar to you. You know you must have seen her somewhere before, but you can’t quite place her. Ah well. A friendly face is a friendly face, whether you recall her name or not.

@[Amani]

Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani

It seems like on both patrols I will not be alone. Although this time, I am joined by another who is not of my own herd. The smell on her is very different, has a but more of a wood smell to it. Anyway, I watch as she comes up from the clouds and lands... She's not very graceful, but maybe that just comes with time. I'm sure I will do worse than that at first. I look away, so that she doesn't think i've seen her ungraceful landing.

It's when she nickers and comes closer that I see she looks familiar. But from where? I mean, I haven't been to many places in my short life. Majority of my life has now been spent inside Helovia, so it has to be from here that I know here. Her scent is not of the Falls, so I can only assume she is from either World's Edge or the Aurora Basin. I am still thinking when she gets closer and I take a step back to keep a bit of distance between us. After all, she seems friendly.. But I am still smaller than she is. Oh how I want to be full grown. "Hello." I stat simply. I am not willing to give up my name or where I am from just yet. Not until I know she can be trusted. You never know what a stranger will be capable of. Oh how I wish Cera was here! Or anyone from my herd really..

"Talking"
@[Nasreen]

quote quote quote quote quote
Image Credit

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
As you approach the filly, you tilt your head, still wondering where you could have seen her before. You know that you have not run across her alone; her face seems to swim in your mind amongst a school of unknown others. Strangely, you imagine her face illuminated by there the flicker of firelight…but the only recent fire that jumps into your mind is the brush fire you witnessed at the Edge. Maybe she remembers you? Either way, you’ll soon find out.

“Hello,” you call cheerfully as you draw near, trot slowing to a halt within a few feet from her. “Pardon me, but I feel like you look awfully familiar…have we met before?” You shift your weight and refold your wings on your back, copper feathers rustling. Clear grey eyes study the filly, as if searching for an answer to a riddle to which only she holds the key. Now where could you have seen her before? She seems young, so you must have run across her in Helovia. You take in her chocolate brown coat, her snowy legs, and her keen golden eyes. And it is when silver orbs lock on gold that a glimmer of recognition stirs in your brain. The image of fire persists, and you think back, suddenly remembering the only other fire you have ever seen in Helovia: the god at the rocky point. Could it have been there that the filly made an appearance? That would make sense, you reason. You wouldn’t have gotten a good look at her between your apologies to Kahlua and your awestruck alternating of eyes from the flaming god to the ground, but you seem to remember her little form as part of the group. You could be wrong, however. Perhaps this girl has never seen you before in her life. “Oh!” you blurt out suddenly, realizing that in your excitement, you have forgotten your manners. “I’m Nasreen, by the way.”

@[Amani]

Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!