the Rift

[OPEN] my summer senses are tingling [sensory deprivation #1]

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

With the two cells practically finished, Elsa figured she’d devote her time to the real monster of crafting- the sensory deprivation cell. Today in particular, she’d work on the carving, getting in sized and standing, so it’d be ready to go when the others were ready to start putting things together.

She’d never had the time to hone her skills really, so she figured by the powers of rocks and ice, she’d figure it out herself- but it wasn’t for hating the other crafters. It was just the herd was so skilled at basically everything, that very little effort was needed on the fronts of other things.

She got near a large slab of rock; the smooth face lifting far above her head, and gleaming gently in the summer sun. The Gods had shined upon their herd this season, for they were gifted, in crafting at least, with what seemed like a bit more “oomph”. She had more energy to create, and more energy to move. Everything was less physically taxing, and it was wonderful. All considered that she was almost always overheated and not a fan of summer.

So here she was, in the shadow a large rock, and nearly no idea how to go about it. Her blue eyes looked up and down, pressing her nose against the rock, to find the smoothest surface with the largest area. It was uncomfortably rough against her sunburnt snout, but it was all for the herd. Everything was always for the herd.

When she found a sweet spot she stood back. She summoned the ice around the rectangular/squarish edge of the place she wished to cut. Once it was outline was in place, she began to push the ice backward. Large, low cracks echoed throughout the falls. Elsa squeaked, but finally she could feel her ice moving through the back, making a cut.

She smiled, pleased with herself, although her ruckus probably attracted more than a few animals attention. She wasn’t exactly quiet. It was nice to see her own dent in the mountain next to the other two cells.

[ooc; open to anyone!]

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
I could feel her limbs as each muscle pulled and flexed, shooting her forward in graceful strides upon the softened earth. It was warm, the way that her pelt seemed to soak up the sun did not help, but I refused to offer words of wisdom at this moment. No, she could handle herself for the most part. So, instead I curled up in my corner of her mind, allowing the feeling of the wind blowing through her mane to remind me of all the times I myself had been able to do such things. When I had been able to stretch my limbs, to feel the wind through my hair and allow the power to course through my veins.

It had been thrilling, and I was merely glad that being connected to my daughter in such a way after death allowed me to feel all of it through her. So, when the sound of a squeak reached our ears I carefully directed Seele towards it. The mare gently changing her position in order to ease her way over towards the cliffs to the east, where some of the prison cells were beginning to be formed. Audits flickering to the rumbling of rock and the sounds of the cracking.

Carefully, Seele came to a stop about a meter away from the other one. And, was she gorgeous. She seemed to keep good care of herself, and just that fact gave her my seal of approval, even if Schwere was grumbling behind me about the fact that he wasn't sure if she could fight or not. After all, apparently that was what mattered to her father.

"Could you use a hand?" Seele questions, allowing her cranium to tilt to the side in a display of emotion she didn't actually feel. I had taught her well - so it seemed.

Hope you don't mind ;3
Trying a new style, so Innerste (her dead mother) is the one narrating the post.
@[Elsa]
If you're warm, then you can't relate to me
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

The rock cracked and crumbled the more she stood, until large boulders were in the space where an original strong, and smooth surface had been. Slowly, ice began to grip the outer shells of the rock, reaching into the small crevices and tearing at the inner part of the rocks, until the boulders became just "large rocks".

The smell of another caught her nostrils, but she thought the being to be too far away to do any real damage. However, a voice from behind her caught her attention. She tensed and whirled around, only to see her leader standing behind her. Elsa's breath released in a sigh, and she smiled at Seele. "Help would be nice, since it's only myself, and not quite a "huge" project, I really just need help to like... move rock, and make the sides a bit smoother. Just the normal, boring stuff I suppose. If you have other things to do, you are welcome to leave, otherwise i'd enjoy your company and getting to know you, since, well, I haven't actually gotten to know you." She smiled sheepishly and turned bad to the opening in the rock, the ice melting away leaving dark spots on the rock. "We can start by just pushing it into the pile from the cell rooms. It's neat to walk by there, little critters are starting to build nests in the loose rock." The pile was a few meters away from the cell opposite the sensory deprivation room. Large boulders and small boulders alike were piled high. Birds and small critters ran back and forth from the pile. "So, how did you start of your life?" She asked, turning to face her leader, not quite knowing what to say.

@[Seele]
[ooc;// so I kinda just put the pile there, but if you don't want it there just let me know. xD]

Abba
It was the way she jumped that caused Seele to shuffle back a few steps. She hadn't intended to startle the Mason - not in the least. Alas, she was a scarier creature compared to others, especially with the way her voice seemed to speak of the darkness which haunted her mind. However, when she was granted a smile, the clown-face moved back to where she had been originally, ears perked to listen to every word that would slip from her lips.

Good, be sociable, I instructed, before allowing Seele to begin to inspect the cave with all the fallen debris. "How 'bout I start rolling some of the rock out so that we can clear it away," she offered, as she explained about pushing it toward the pile of loose rock like the Mason had stated.

So, the mare moved into the rock, snagging onto some of it with her crystalline hooves and beginning to roll it backwards until it was far enough out for her maw to push it. About a rock and a half later, she heard the mason's voice again - asking about her life. "I was trained to kill - to be an assassin - by my father, and lost my mother at a young age," she said, very dry but the truth at least. There was a gentle snort as I spoke up, and maybe you'd be able to feel had I not died!

A pause as she got the third rock to the pile, "Yourself?" and then she continued to work away at rolling rocks out and over to the pile. All I could hope was that the statement didn't scare the pegasus away.

@[Elsa]
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Elsa still wasn't sure what to make of their queen yet, she seemed reserved in a rightful sense... but a little too much so. She offered to help roll some of the debris away, and Elsa stood quiet for a moment. "Thank you, that would be most helpful indeed." Indeed? Elsa when in the world have you used to word indeed? Trying to be all fancy for your leader? It was ironic you used to have this done to you, and now you turned into the fangirl. Well, maybe not a complete fangirl, but an admirer nonetheless.

Elsa followed behind Seele, except, making things a little more... lazier. She iced a small path from the rock pile to the cave, and began sliding small stones down the path into the pile. Hopefully she wouldn't be judged too much... but Elsa was too lazy to care today.

She spoke of her history, shocking and brief Elsa didn't really expect any less. Still, it seemed rather vague in curt, and Elsa wouldn't push the situation any more. "I was once queen, back in my homeland. Ostracized for an accident in which blood was spilled. I have a sister whom I believe is still alive. My mother and father both perishing not long after she was born. It sounds like you were close to your mom? I was too." She offered a sheepish smile. Elsa felt awkward but glad to have company, even if she had just made a horrible mistake by saying her and her mother were friends. However, it sounded as if she had more respect for her mother, by the way her words were chosen. "Do you have any children?" Hey, it's nosy but a valid question, you've got to start somewhere. Elsa lazily began to slide a few more rocks down the ice.

@[Seele]

Abba
She needed to keep working. So, I continued to push her frame to roll the rocks away from the inside of the cave and toward the pile off to the side. It was the path of ice which caught her attention though and soon had her rolling them to the start in order to get them off to the pile. So, with her history lingering in the air and the question to the Mason waiting for a response.

One rock, another roll. The process continued at a much faster pace with the ice below it now in order to assist in the movement of it - getting rid of the friction. Good, at least the Mason had some intelligence. Were you close to me? I asked, a huff in my voice as Seele only shook her head. ""No. I barely knew her. I spent most of my hours with my father, training." There is a pause in her voice as she stops for a second. ""Perhaps I'd be a different person if I'd been allowed to be near her," she offers before starting the work of pushing again.

However, the next question caught her off guard. Ears pinning a little in my own shock being placed upon Seele's frame. ""No. And by this point, I doubt any man will want to put up with me long enough to have children either. Why?" she muttered, grumbling a little bit at the fact they somehow got onto the question of family. Whatever, at least it was getting to know the herd - proving that she 'cared'.

Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Maybe Elsa should be a little less friendly... it seemed that lately others would prefer if she was a tad less talkative. However, she truly did want to know about her mysterious female leader, and why she worked they way she need. Monotonous to say the least, she did stick around and offer some information. Elsa cringed a bit about hearing that she too had lost a mother, and how it maybe could've changed her. She opened her mouth but shut it again, not wanting to pry to much into her life.

Though, it did seem that the question of children piqued her interest. Elsa shrugged, not really knowing how to reply. She just assumed that most healthy, strapping mares, especially leads would want progeny to carry on their line. "Just seemed to me that you'd raise a strapping child to follow in your footsteps. I dunno, I guess I just assume everyone wants one since I do." She offered an apologetic smile before continuing to slide the rocks down the icy path, trying to come up with something to say before they had finished. "I'm sorry about your mom, by the way. I understand what it's like to loose one." Maybe her mom was alive, but her voice gave the notion she barely knew her ever. Way to be hella awkward Elsa. "Im sorry for prying Lady Seele. But I appreciate the help, we are nearly done, so if you'd like, you can help me move these last few rocks before you can continue with your duties." She smiled again, probably looking like a fool. But, at least she was trying to be normal and fit in.

@[Seele]

Abba
She got her response to the question about the kids. A shrug from the pale mare's shoulders and then saying that she believed Seele would have raised a strapping child. Well… whatever the hell strapping meant. There was an apologetic smile, which I recognized but Seele did not and she just continued to decide to keep working. Rock after rock, push after push. It was hard labor, but it was lovely.

She spoke an apology for the loss of Seele's mother and I simply scoffed. She never lost me - I'm right here. Then, she apologizes for prying. "Sounds good," she say, kicking a rock into place and allowing it to slide down towards the pile which had been created from their hard labor. She had to admit that the pile had gotten rather large and was now teeming with life (much like she hoped would become of their ever-growing family). "It is no issue. Information is always important," she murmurs, giving her half-grimace half-smile. Really. She needs to work on that. Like, a lot. It was not too appealing in the least.

However, as they finished up clearing out the cell Seele gave a gentle nod to the mare beside her. "If you need me, please come find me." she said, allowing her tail to swish once before she allowed her limbs to start to carry her off back towards the rest of her herd. However, she would be there for any of them should they call. It was, after all, the one thing she knew she would stay true to.

You can post once more and close the thread as I think it's done :P
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●