the Rift

[JUDGED] !! Figure Eight [Agrona]

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
You're healed, but you need to train. Schwere was rumbling in my mind as I allowed gentle steps to loop me in closer towards the secret pool in the Falls. Limbs churning through the cooler water from the waterfalls melted snow above. The way it splashed up against my darker pelt and made the red stains almost completely match my blackened hide.

Perhaps he was right, after all, it seemed as though I had only managed to get through those last few battles by luck and luck only. So, I stood there for a moment, between the two bodies of water, right side to the few scattered trees in the east and another cliff to my north. Should I have any desire to move away from the water during the battle there would be trees nearby for my convenience. But, of course, that would require someone to train with.

So, as I attempted to wait for someone to appear I danced around. Limbs shuffling from side to side, kicking up the dirt and allowing it to spray into the lake. Fresh soil, fresh water, a gentle breeze and just enough sun. It was perfect conditions. However, I knew it was going to get even hotter as the day went on and the sun finally made it to the center of the sky - to beat us overhead.

A few more laps of quick 'dodging' type moves before Unheil starts his general chorus of laughter. No use practicing on your own... I would admit that was truth, and so I allowed my maw to emit a nicker, to welcome someone into the area.

Come... let us train..

Normal
Voices
"Speech"
---------
3 attacks + Closing defense to whomever attacks first
No magic/Companions
[277/800] [0/3]
location is here and the weather is perfect, gentle breeze, midmorning, with dry soil and clear bodies of water.
@[Agrona]
Seele
you better run to survive, before she makes you her latest slaughter
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

The past few weeks have been full of nothing but torturous boredom, provided that I never once even attempted to leave the soothing grasp of the Falls' walls; actually, that's a lie, I went to a meeting where everything just confused me and left me annoyed, so I left before anything had played out. I had probably missed out on something there, but I had also missed a meeting that had happened here as well. I overheard some mare who's face I didn't care enough to remember talk about that fat pony being talked up, but other than that, I didn't hear very much. Nothing interesting I'm sure. Warm days full of endless sun naps kept my brain in order and nicely dusted out; at this point of time, I could probably fucking cough and make a god damn castle out of dust that's settled in my head over just a few days.

This morning was one a little less quenching than yesterday, a soft breeze churning off of the rising ocean waters keeping it nice and drafty so we don't just sweat our asses off. Earlier I had gotten to my feet and stretched out a bit by a pool, doing some kind of stress-relieving horsey yoga and letting my mind wade in careless thoughts, but I had eventually grown bored of that too and found myself aimlessly wandering the acres in a lonely matter.

Well manicured feet found the earth with soft plods, lean legs carrying me along the edges of the tide waters in a smooth trot. With a silken tail arched and my long skull held high, I moved with a natural grace that others could only wish to grasp the concept of. "Hah!" I outwardly cackle, ears perked forward in a pleasant matter with dark lips curled upward in a sly grin; They only wish they could be me. my gruff voice purrs in my own skull, only boosting the already flourishing ego.

Above the soft slap of sloshing water against rocks, my ears twitch to find the source of a distant call, one that we all know as the dear Queen Clown Face. Long neck arches slightly, white-laced snout pulling into my chest to allow an ever-graceful canter to carry my body toward the Necromancer. It doesn't take long to find her darkly colored body standing out against the lush greens and hardy browns of our home, where she seems to be expecting someone to come right for her; but why shouldn't she? She is the Queen after all.

Legs ease into a walk, stopping me at a comfortable distance away from the white-faced mare -if you were to throw one more Seele and a half of me between the pair of us, you'd have us stacked from nose to tail. "Seele," I begin, wild violet eyes finding their way down her body; the bitch is missing some of her ear! Had she been in another fight, or had that been the result of the venomous mare's disease? "Trying to kill yourself I see?" the words are supposed to be playful -followed by a chuckle even- but they seem to carry that snide tone I can't seem to get rid of, even with my own Czarina.

My tail, still arched, flicks back and forth slowly, slipping across my back legs harmlessly as I take a step backward. The quiet pool that I have visited so long ago still rippled with the slightest evidence that a little miss someone had been playing with it somehow or another.. that or some fish have found their way up from the bottom of the pool to spy on our meeting.

Walking "Talking" Thinking
Tag: @[Seele]
Word count: 613 Move: 0/3

Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Abba
Limbs shift, my ears flick, and I continue to dance my way around the soft ground, allowing the dirt to kick back up. Carefully calculated movements were what drove me around and round as Schwere shouted directions in my head. That was, until I heard the word: HALT!

Someone else was coming, as I had expected when I'd given out the call into the breeze. Wind delicately snatching at my forelock and mane, pulling it back and out of the way. Alas, it was Agrona coming up to me, giving us about a horse space and a half between us. She says my name, and then asks if I'm trying to kill myself. It is her laugh that allows a smirk to befall my own lips. "More like trying to not join the souls that haunt my mind." a twisted grin, dripping the 'pain' from the encounters which really elicited no emotions - just thoughts that the two mares were hundin's and should go die in their own, deep dark holes. Both Circuta and Confutatis were no longer family when they had once been. No longer, and never again.

Golden orbs shift up to meet her violet ones with a glint in their deep, deep recesses. Perhaps she would be the perfect one to train with. After all, she was yet another unicorn and didn't have the ability to take flight. Not only that, but she was also thinner and lankier. Closer to a more graceful type build than power. It would be even if she would accept it. "Perhaps der kämpfer would like to join me in some training?" An invitation to not only strengthen the leader, but to create a stronger army. "No magic, no companions - a fair even field to train..."

Because, after all, you didn't know if you were a good fighter if you couldn't fight with your own hooves and horns.

Normal
Voices
"Speech"

-----
[319/800] && [0/3]
You can attack first if you wish ;3
@[Agrona]

hundin - bitch
der kampfer - the fighter
Seele
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

Something about the coolness that laces Clown Face's voice while speaking of her haunting voices sends chills down my spine, the lingering smile that had sat in a ridged line on my face slowly easing into slack lips once more. My ears turn at the thought of echoing moans and chants plaguing my already scattered mind; we have all always known that Seele is indeed far from sane, but I hadn't ever been able to place a finger on it.. Not that I believe that is all that is wrong with the red-hued Czarina, there must be more lying behind those feline-yellow eyes. "Perhaps der kämpfer would like to join me in some training?" That strange growl in her foreign tongue causes my ears to perk back up and the grin to return, the snicker returning -bubbling, even- in my throat. "It would be an honor." My voice has raised an octave or two, sounding childish and eerie even to my own ears.

No magic, no companions; I have neither, so that shouldn't be a problem.. But what does the Necromancer have, I wonder? Silently I look my leadess over, lean legs beginning to tingle with excitement; the last fight I had been in was with the red head and she hadn't been much fun; the fight was over after the first few moves, which saddened me. Seele is nearly an entire foot shorter than myself, but other than that, we are built fairly alike; her body is more stout and less elegant than mine though, so at least I'll look better meanwhile.

The look-over only takes a split second before I once more have my face pulled into my chest, neck arched like a tight bow about to spring a readied arrow; back haunches tighten briefly, ready to launch my body to either side of the reddened body if she so decides to make the first move. "Don't think I can't take a hit!" I chuckle, a wide, manic smile lighting the lilac pools that end in a shallow pool of charcoal. The tension in my legs finally breaks, hind legs pushing as I pull with my front, closing the gap between us with only two strides.

Ivory teeth snap loudly, chattering playfully in my hot, wet mouth as I near the Czarina. Coming to what I hope is her right side, I swing my front quarters out wide, hooves digging into the grassy earth and finding themselves in dark soil just as I toss my backside closer to the awaiting mare; the muscles in my left hind quarter clench and retract in a swift movement, allowing my inside leg to strike out with a hard blow directed at Seele's right shoulder - had she not moved. The smile that had settled on dark lips has slid into what would appear to be a teeth-baring snarl, the white lacing that ends between both flared nostrils crinkled in the folds on soft skin.

Despite my kick -and whether or not it did end up landing in my desired direction- I find the earth once more with all four feet, tossing my antlered skull in the air while my body leans into the right, hoping to be brought back to Seele's painted face once I have turned back around. Both my creamy mane and tail flutter around in silky waves, the small knots that I have not managed to get out recently hiding themselves in the volume of starch color against such a dark coat. Wide eyes find themselves leaving my opponent, searching for the water that is almost too close for my comfort; sure, we can splash through it and play around like little foals for a second, but if our feet get caught up in that thick mud below, that would be an easy target for the other.

It only distracts me for a second, but plenty long enough for the mare to find a pocket of attack; if my father were here, he'd jump in and knock me down right then and there, stomp on my ribs and call me an idiot. His empty eyes flit through my brain, ears turning back and pinning against my skull at the thought of punishment, and the metal in my right ear clacks against rough bone.

Word count: 719 Attack: 1/3 Defensive: 0/1

Abba
I allow my audits to prick at the sound of her gruff voice suddenly raising up a few octaves. The child-like squeak couldn’t have come from the same mouth that the taunt of me trying to get myself killed had, could it? Apparently, it could, but the eerie sound did little to deter the inner daemons who had the desire to fight, to loosen my muscles. So I would build up the strength which I had been allowing to go by the wayside by replacing it with my mind games.

My frame is built for endurance, and as I shuffle my weight and rattle off the conditions I allow my yellow orbs to soak up all of Agrona’s frame. All the while she seemed to do the same to me. A twisted smirk befalls my maw as I estimate the height difference. She had to be close to sixteen-or-so hands high, only about six inches off of my short frame. A good difference, one that could mean I had the upper hand, with the easiest access to her softer areas - but she had easier access to my skull, to my spine. Both of us would need to be weary of the other’s attacks. This was training, though, so I also had no desire to aim towards arteries, to maim, or horrifically injure her. That would ruin the fun for later, after all. Wouldn’t it?

Her lanky form starts to lock up, face drawing to her chest and the muscles on her neck buldging. In return, my neck raises, holding my carriage higher – more elegantly than before - and I continue to shift my weight left to right. Someone’s having fun, Schwere laughs as the mare tightens her haunches and allows a chuckle to pull a wide smile across her darkened lips. And then, she is lurching forward, lanky legs covering the distance easily as I begin to side-step my way to the left.

The one thing I don’t believe this mare realizes, though, is that I am willing to take a hit should I be able to induce more pain on her in the process. So, allowing my damp hooves (from the earlier dip in the pool) to spin I begin to turn on the forehand, allowing my haunches to line up closer to the mare’s left side. We both have the same idea, though, and as she lashes out with her left limb towards my right shoulder, the only mark it hits is the middle of my barrel. However, since we are in too close proximity it takes all of my will to steel myself and not stumble away, making the next attack more difficult. I let out a huff of air, head turned so that my eyes can lock upon her frame as she spins around. Perhaps she is trying to line up with my head. Instead, she finds exactly what she was just turning away from. My body continues to spin to the right, to offer my own flying hooves to match her's.

Once I feel I have turned enough to line up with her frame, I kick out violently. Both hind legs aim towards her chest or face as long as the mare does not catch on quick enough to move out of the way. The tempered-glass of my hooves glinting in the sunlight acts as the only warning that I’m aiming directly at her front end. In fact, I’m trying to leave hoof prints on her flesh or bruise up the muscle around that area. It’s only fair when I can feel my muscles near my ribs beginning to clench up with the movement. ”Tsk, tsk. Don’t get distracted…”

Then, whether or not I made contact, whether or not I actually gave her back the same bruise, I allowed my haunches to drop to the ground and my bodice to trot a few careful strides forward. Adrenaline was kicking in now and Schwere’s laughter was bubbling to the surface of my mind. Finally. Something to play with!

It is with a splash that I turned towards the east, avoiding the muddy banks. My lithe frame took two canter strides closer to the trees – unwilling to deal with the water should it create mud and attempt to hold me in one place for too long. As fore-hooves landed their second stride I spun around to face where Agrona had been and slowed to a walk, my hooves scraping the mud onto the grass. I was a good twenty-two feet away from the water, and that distance seemed to be sufficient enough for the moment. However, I would either have to inch myself away from that liquid or slyly push her toward it if I didn't want to get stuck in mud later. Make this interesting, Unheil instructed.

Normal
Voices
"Speech"

[800/800] && [1/3]
@[Agrona]
Yay for running on a challenge-like schedule ;3
Seele
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

Violet eyes watch the red-hued mare shift as I close in on her body, having what I assume was the same idea that I had; her hips swing in and our stances nearly match until my leg is thrown out. The solid THUD of connection pleases my ears, the following loud huff of lost wind coming from Seele assuring me that I had stuck the landing in a good enough area. Excited and eager, my teeth snap together over and over again, my eyes now finding themselves distracted. Goose bumps crawl on my dark skin, forming from my ankles, up; how good it does feel to be back into the swing of things. Saliva pools in my mouth like hot acid and I have to swallow a few times in order to not drool while moving my head too quickly.

My skull shakes in the air, ears laced back against white hair and eyes narrowed; finally, my attention is brought back up to the mare's body, which I find is an ass backed right into my way and bundling legs beginning to gather a kick. Should I attempt to veer to either side, I will likely still get a solid kick in the side just as she had -or worse- so I smash the brakes and slide into what I hope will be a stop. My ass end drops nearly an entire foot, back legs digging into the earth in attempts to stop my body before I find those clear hooves in my face, front legs pushing me off of the ground just before contact; they look harmless enough, like little glass slippers that Cinderella should be running home in, but I am wrong.

The solid glass twinkles in the sunlight like a freshly cleaned sword out of the knight's sheath, one hitting square in my chest, the other hitting the inside of my left shoulder. The contact is hard enough to push me backward about four inches, my legs all rushing to keep me upright and not flop over onto my side. An audible crack comes from Clown Face's glass slippers (or so I think), ”Tsk, tsk. Don’t get distracted.” A hesitant and airless smile slipping over dark lips just after all of the air escapes my lungs in a large, painful huff. Both nostrils flutter wildly, mouth gaped open to draw back in all of the air I had just lost. Seele saunters away in a bouncy trot, my eyes fixated on her dark body - but wait, there's nothing wrong with Clown Face's feet?

My weight is all on my right side right now.. oh shit. Thankfully, adrenaline is pulsing through my body in a steady flow, allowing my extremely bruised and painful shoulder and chest to have pressure put on it. I consider stopping to baby myself, but the desire to keep this fight going drives me to follow the Czarina in a slow lope. The muscles pinch and twitch and cry as I keep my weight balanced, causing me to clench my jaws tight and grind pearly teeth together.

Seele spins around, still moving away from me as she shifts into a canter; I had been moving in a diagonal line toward her, my steps collected and neat as I neared her turning body. Now, she faces me again, still moving but now at a walk, and I am still far enough to switch my next move up. From here -face on once more- we could do anything, but I decided to allow my body to do the thinking rather than think it out too much. The lope shifts to a choppy trot, bringing me to Seele's left side with springy legs, back haunches tightening up once more to hold all of my weight. I rear up as I step forward, hoping that Clown Face would back away before I smashed a hoof into her skull.

I drop my laced snout to where I believe her neck should be, bared teeth snap, hoping to latch onto skin while my fore legs strike out wildly, hoping to batter the mare's shoulders or even strike her withers, unless she finds herself in the air as well. I can already feel how sore my shoulder is and how difficult it now is to reach out very far without putting an incredible amount of effort into it; perhaps something broke? My weight begins to swing back down, gravity pulling greedily at my body until I am back on all four. Round feet find the earth just in time to attempt to circle wide to the left, where I will have to dart trees and shrubs to come back around to meet my sister's face.

Word count: 784 Attack: 2/3 Defensive: 0/1
Ooc: So much for a "challenge-like schedule," god, I'm so sorry. ._.

Abba
As my hooves shoot out I can hear the sound of the dirt being sprayed in the air. I can only presume that it is from Agrona trying to slam on the brakes, and when I tilt my head just enough to glance behind me I can see that I am correct. At the last second, she tries to pop her front end off of the ground - perhaps an make up for all of her weight shifting into her hindquarters. Luck must be on my side, though, for as my hooves snap out to the point of no return the other mare has no chance to avoid it. When they make contact there is an audible crack and it is then when I allow a taunt to fall from my lips, ears focused on the sound of scrabbling hooves trying to recover their ground and keep her upright.

So, I make my way to the east of the pond, ears turned back to listen to the sound of her approaching lope. It is when I spin around, that I catch sight of her clenched jaw and a grin slides across my maw (though, perhaps it was more of a grimace, because I cannot actually smile unless I’m putting on the mask of faux emotions). My calculating eyes peer towards her as she collects her limbs, now tracking up and covering the ground in an easier manner. However, her large frame seems to be moving a little bit weaker in her front end – it had to be for she was running purely off of her hind now when she hadn’t originally.

We are face to face now, my golden eyes meeting her violet ones that seem to have the darkest corners filled with pain from my hooves. Not all is fair in love and war, Unheil chimed, stopping his little taunt as she turns toward me in a far stringier trot than should be occurring (at least not if she was at her full prowess). Assuming that she would not wish to put more weight upon her forehand, I took a step back the second my eyes catch the flinching of her haunches and her chest rising further into the air.

Another step back and I bring my own front end up, avoiding for a more fatal blow. Of course, we are only training – but we are the Asylum so the thought that one might go easy doesn’t exactly cross my mind. Agrona’s neck arches as I rise while teeth snap out below her toward where my neck was. However, all she can reach is a spot upon my right shoulder, which she clamps onto and breaks the skin – nothing more. Maybe a drop or two of blood is spilled and a sting as the flesh splits is all that happens, but either way, the adrenaline rushing through my system barely causes me to notice it.

The mare’s flailing legs are what I attempt to avoid, twisting my frame to the right to try and not feel hooves against my barrel once more, even as I feel the pain pinch across my barrel. Why haven’t we just stabbed her already? Schwere grumbles, as I duck my horn and hide it from the front limbs that are flailing wildly in an attempt to hit something. They do hit a mark, and even with my hind limbs taking me backwards that I take one hard hit to my left shoulder, just below my withers, before I can feel all four limbs of my limbs on the ground. A lowered head just barely misses a kick to the cranium and I wince as I push off of my forehand, messily sliding back a few paces before she can land on top of me.

Of course, I have no injury to my hind end, and as I see her begin arc away to my right I rocket forward. My bodice leaps a stride forward before front limbs dare to start pulling up the ground, teeth gritting at the possible bruising upon my scapular spine bone. A low guttural sound emerges from my maw as I take off after her, my body trying to move parallel to hers as I came up from behind. I dropped my head down to the left, trying to allow my horn to slice against the muscle upon her right side (wherever it may land). I only want to make it more difficult for her to bear weight on both sides of her frame. Either way, if I hit my mark, my horn would only be able to slice across the lower half of this mare’s frame, which was good – I didn’t think I could nick anything that would lead to death.

Admit it, it’s more fun this way. Not really...

Normal
Voices
"Speech"

[800/800] && [2/3]
^^ It's okay sweetie - and scapular spine is the ridge on the shoulder blade where Agrona's hooves hit, just below the withers - referenced as spine of the scapula here
Seele
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

The soft blades of grass below my perfectly shaped feet bend and rip from their roots, being tossed aside with each step as we each progress forward and twist about; I can only think of the fight, but the back of my mind cannot help but focus on how badly my shoulder aches already with each - now - choppy step. As I had imagined, Seele rears as well, our faces nearly meeting again in the air for a moment before I strike out with ivory teeth. The light brown lines shading the center of my young teeth find themselves latched around dark hide, the quick motion of my neck pulling away leaving the smallest of lacerations in her skin, something that doesn't necessarily excite me, but enough to grin over I guess. Her feline-like eyes are fixated on the wild strikes of each hard hoof, a retreating face falling from the air.

The ground begs for my front quarters to return, and I begin to fall just as my right hoof strikes down on Clown Face's upper shoulder. The hard contact is followed by a gruff snort full of held back aggression and annoyance in myself; I know better than to move as sloppily as I have been in the past minute or so, and I also know how easily a rear can allow the tables to turn. The bloody-hued bay slides out from beneath my body before either of us actually hurts the other, and my shoulder feels as if it could crumble once my legs once more find the earth. A strike of pain that I can only imagine looked a lot like a florescent lightening bolt shoots through my left shoulder all the way down to my dark hoof, causing me to pick it up and clench my jaws tightly in order to not whine.

Just in this time, I bury the pain and start off toward the patch of alders and shrubs, ears tucked back on my neck and head stretched out in order to duck below any hanging branches that may find my antlers; in my mind's eye flashes the image of a few of my herd brothers' antlers, broken and chipped from the hard strike of my father's diamond-solid hooves. They had made the mistake of dropping their heads and attempting to batter each other with the blunt, rounded edges.. what a mistake they had made. Now, each of them carries the shattered and chipped crowns as a reminder of stupidity; poor assholes.

But that is not what I can focus on, so I churn on, watching my Czarina with intent eyes as she begins to close in on my tail end. She had made a disturbing noise that seemed to gurgle in the bottom of her throat before chasing after me, her head now dropping to allow her crystal clear horn to carve into my side. Simultaneously, I attempt to push my weight onto my front quarters and throw my back legs out, but my shoulder gives before I can throw a hard hit and I feel the glass pierce my right hind quarter. A loud squeal erupts into the air from my open mug, violet eyes pinching shut as the knife pulls from my muscle; it was an ugly move, really, because it would have not been so bad if I had not fallen.

My left fore bowed under my body, my right not able to reach out and catch myself before either back leg were to even attempt to strike out at Seele's side in a weak kick; both knees crashed to the ground, caking my legs in grass and soil before I realized I was down. The glass found it's way into my skin, just reaching the muscle before being drug down another six inches down my ass, the cut becoming more shallow as it went on. I stumble uncomfortably, popping back up with my right leg so that I didn't find myself laying on the ground, but now, even getting back up was difficult. Now not only does my left side ache, but my right side is now weak as well. I stand for a moment, nostrils fluttering as I steady my breath, attempting to gain my balance before defending myself once more as she comes at me with those wild eyes.

Word count: 784 Attack: 3/3 Defensive: 0/1
Ooc: Just incase that doesn't make sense: when Seele comes up beside Agrona and stabs her, Ag tries to kick out with both feet but her left shoulder gives out and she ends up falling. If the kick does connect at all, it'd be weak. While she's falling, the motion makes her shove into Seele's horn more than it should have, cutting up her hind quarter pretty good, but nothing terrible. The cut is about seven inches long and the depth of the cut tapers out as it goes along her bootay.

Abba
You see, the plan of attack had never been to badly injure her. No, it had simply been to make sure that she knew what it meant to stay in training. It had also been to make sure that I knew what I was doing. After all, apparently I wasn’t training enough compared to his standards. But, nothing was enough with him. So I had leapt forward, trying to scratch up her right side with my horn. My left side continuing against the pain even as I see her eyes locking upon my frame. Good, she knows, maybe she’ll even put up a fight. Wouldn’t that be lovely? You mean like a toy? Unheil laughs, his voice booming through my skull.

Alas, I finally make contact with her flesh. The sharp edges of my scythe easily ripping into her hide. However, her movements are a little confusing. She attempts to kick out when she knows that her limbs are weak. All the better for the kill, Unheil rumbles, but I only attempt to push that thought from my skull. I start to lean away, stopping in my tracks quickly as she attempts to lash out with her back legs. I do not wish to feel the pounding of her hooves against my hide again, it had bruised me enough the first time. So my horn starts to slip away from her flesh with each degree I lean away - that is, at least, until she starts to fall in towards me. I can only think that her left limb must have been too weak to carry the weight, and her right one must have given out under the pressure.

I struggle to find a way to get out of there, but with the way her body is falling I can’t quite back up quick enough. Her weight, coupling with her kick sends me staggering to my right a few inches. Perhaps it wasn’t enough to bruise, but definitely enough to jar me and send a small crack through my horn from the way it flicked itself out of her flesh. A low hiss escapes my mouth, yellow eyes gleaming as I watch her form crash to the ground. Deep breaths to refill my lungs, even though I wince from the bruised muscle near my ribs. Kick her while she’s down! Unheil tries to command, but I refuse. I will not hurt her while she is down, not when we are training. I have enough of a mind to know that such a thing would not be playing fair when it is not life or death.

Deep breaths in and out. That’s all I concentrate on, even though I am pacing around in front of her – making it look as though I might step on her limbs at any moment, as if I might break them. ”Get up,” I mutter, grumbling a little at the stupidity which caused this. Had she known her limbs would have given way and tried something else then she wouldn’t be on the ground. Then, as soon as I see her back on her feet (for the most part) I position my frame so that my haunches line up with her right shoulder. My hooves snap out to meet their intended target – her shoulder blade – and to bruise the muscle around it. Needless to say, she’d probably be limping away from this fight and begging for a healer in her head. You must understand, darlings, that I don’t play games. I’m meant to kill – and all my moves are set up to make it nearly impossible for one to fight back. That way, when I give them the final blow it will be easy. Either that, or I just go straight in for the kill – depends upon the mood my voices are in at the time.

Really, though, it was time to see just what this mare was made of. If she could still move, regardless of her injuries than perhaps she was worthy of it all. Maybe then, next time, I could push her with my magic. Then I could make her see what it’s like to have to fight against the terrors of the world. Then, I could make her stronger. So, regardless of whether or not my hooves actually hit the mare at all, I allowed my weight to drop and flints to smash into the sodden ground which acts like a pillow to cushion my landing. My frame prances a few strides away before spinning around, yellow eyes searching for those which I had no doubt would be looking for mine. My sides are heaving, and even though I am meant for endurance I had been trained for quick spurts – that’s how I survived. ”Good fight, Agrona,” I offered, the voices finally quieting.

Normal
Voices
"Speech"

[800/800] && [3/3]
Great fight my dear!
@[Agrona]
Seele
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

"Get up," the red vixen growls, her distaste for my stupid moves not being hidden below any false keys. My legs are still stumbling around below my body, my eyes narrowed and brows furrowed as I glare at the earth that stops my body from a never-ending fall. My ears may as well be stapled to the back of my head, as they have not found themselves from the white-washed hairs along my spine in a while. My weight is still half-asses evenly balanced, and the pain to my left shoulder is still more achy than the clean slice to my right hip; surely I've gone and made it three times worse than it had been, as I could have likely just walked away with a bruise and a couple little cuts if I had not of fallen like a fucking idiot.

And now, with Seele facing away from me again, I watch the glass heart bob around in her dark tail; the liquid inside stays calm, as there is no room for it to slosh around or become unsettled in any possible way. It drags toward her ass like a meteor toward the earth in a the gravity's pull as she begins to angle into the air once more, both clear feet coming toward me again with great force. Unable to rear back in fear of getting an upper-cut to the jaw or finding a waterfall of blood spewing from my hip, I begin to back up in a frantic movement with my head raised high.

And -who could have guessed?- I wasn't quiet fast enough: both glass hooves found themselves planted nicely in almost the exact same manner they had been on my left side. The blow of air exiting my lungs is hot and uncomfortable, and I feel my body begin to wobble and threaten to fall once more. Flared nostrils draw deep breaths and I wince against the reoccurring pain as I shift my weight to my left, then to my right, spreading my legs out to find balance. Violet eyes blink quickly, spreading away the wet wall that tries to form against colorful irises.

Already I can feel the bruise setting in here as well, but this one is throbbing in a different, more pin-pointed area, right at the front of the blade that runs down along my chest. So far, it does not feel as hot and bothered as the other had, but I know now not to underestimate a kick either. Seele's hind legs find the ground and she spins elegantly, seeming unscathed and spry while she had just beaten the shit out of me. "Good fight, Agrona." She coos, and I cannot help but let out a small laugh.

"I underestimated you sister. But... this is why you are Czarina, and I am a mere warrior." My eyes pinch tight again, skull having dropped to shoulder-level in hopes of easing some of the pain.

Word count: 492 Attack: 3/3 Defensive: 1/1
Ooc: She's not as hot as she thinks, ;D Thank you for putting up with my terrible keep-up Abb! <3

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
By my verdict: AGRONA is the winner!
Agrona receives 2 VP

AGRONA
Realism [+2]
You have a pretty good grasp on attacking. I really really liked how you utilized the shoulder attack you received in your first post all throughout the rest of the fight, at several points even having it influence your decisions and successes of certain attacks/defenses. However watch that you don’t get too carried away with injury, for instance in your second post you stated Seele’s attack pushed your back 4 inches, which didn’t seem plausible, or in your third post when you feel and severely increased the injury from the horn attack - I like the fall, but I think it could have been played off differently to be less crippling. I also saw you focusing a lot on breed and surroundings throughout, although the potential of the surroundings with the mud and the water never really got played on. All in all excellent attacks and great defenses, just work on making them more clear so they’re easier to understand.

Emotion [+1]
Overall I felt I only got little tastes and tidbits of Agrona’s emotion, which is a pity because the little times when it would shine through i really liked it. For instance the cinderella comment about Seele’s hooves and the dialogue in the closing defense (where emotion doesn’t count unfortunately!) were lovely. I want to feel like I’m not just reading Agrona, but that I am Agrona during the fight, perfectly understanding why she’s fighting, what motivation she has for each attack, defense, what she feels about those attacks and defenses. I did like some of the inclusion of her father, but again I wanted more!

Prose [+2]
You have a very nice style which adds to the character, although I think you had a bit too much imagery in your first post, creating a bit of fluff. However in the remaining posts you word choice helped bring the character alive and set a certain tone.

Readability [0]
For the most part your posts were clear and understandable and you definitely strived to mention sides, like left or right. However there was always some improperly done sentences, usually over use of commas, and in the second post I was confused regarding how you handled Seele’s buck attack position wise, and some of the wording with your rear that just made it visually difficult for me to understand how you approached Seele to rear and how you exited the rear. I’d also encourage you to use words like parallel and perpendicular and to spend more time explaining your position in relation to your opponent’s, because although saying left or right is helpful, if I’m not sure if you’d facing her, if you're angled away from her, if it’s your left on her right etc. it’s still confusing.

Finally tally: 38.5 + 10 (5*2) = 48.5 HP

SEELE
Realism [+1.5]
For the most part your had good attacks and pretty good defenses, but what I wanted to see more of from you was mention of injury. For instance in your first post you took a buck to the ribs, but only mentioned trying to avoid stumbling, nothing about pain or long term effects, for which an attack like that there definitely would have been some. Your second post went much better in regards to taking the bite - you described the injury itself very well and brought up the pain, however the kick you took after that was again brushed off too easily. I also think you need to consider breed and surroundings more, because at one point, in your first post, you tried to aim a kick at Agrona’s face, however with your height differences that wouldn’t have been very plausible for Seele to attempt. I think the mud and water definitely could have been utilized a lot more in this fight as well. Your third post I thought you did an excellent job coming up with damage considering you weren’t really attacked. Overall I think you came up with good attacks and defenses, I just need better clarity in understanding them, better focus on timing and positioning, and more mention of injury throughout the fight.

Emotion [+1]
In your final post I really felt more of Seele come through than the rest of the fight. I know there’s a lot of potential with her too considering all her voices and how crazy she can be, but during this fight she was very controlled and rather, quiet. I’d like to know more about why she’s fighting, how she feels about it, why she chooses her attacks and defenses, etc. You mentioned something at one point about her doing this because “he”, whoever he is, didn’t feel she was training enough, and that nothing was ever enough for him - so I think you could have expanded that more because I was definitely interested in that. For the most part your posts just felt very mechanical, full of responses to attacks and creation of your own but little else, so I’d like to see some more feeling in the future.

Prose [+2]
You have a clear style that is noticeable, but not distracting. I think it suits this character very well and is accentuated with word choice which helps set a mood and a theme, so overall great job with that.

Readability [-2]
Although at times your posts were very readable, there were too many instances where I was having to re-read paragraphs numerous times just to try and understand what was happening, which occurred in nearly every post except your last. There were also some messy sentences, especially in your second post, where it seemed words had just altogether been dropped or sentences combined that weren’t supposed to be. Mostly though I just could never figure out your position in relation to Agrona and I was never sure what was happening with your attack of defense - it was just never clear or simple, but always very drawn out and wordy, but not in a way that further explained it. Try re-reading your own posts after you write them to make sure they’re clear for others, because sometimes in the heat of the moment I know things can make sense in your mind, but the struggle is making sure you clarify that for everyone else.

Finally tally: 37.5 + 5 (2.5*2) = 42.5 HP