the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Halycon Days [Apollo]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
And so the mare traveled out again, into the wilderness. Except, this time, she stayed closer to home. Not too far from the broken glass borders of the Edge were the willow trees that protected the crystal clear pool of water from the outsiders. Warmth and protection it seemed to offer, that of which she was horribly grateful for. Quiet maw pressed up against her locket as she closed her eyes and breathed in the scent of the willows that brushed against her pelt like little fairies trying to keep her calm.

Valiance was at work, though, his talons carefully weaving her hair around and around so that it was up and out of her way. Intricate fishtails being tied into a large bow-shaped bun that allowed a normal amount of her hair to swell from the knot and down to the ground in a wavy fashion. Kahlua's basket was placed carefully against a tree, resting off to the side so that it was out of the way while Res gathered her herbs.

The garden needed more - no the herd needed more - and she would not be the reason why she did not have it. So, she set out with a vision in place. She would collect Bilberry, Blessed Thistle, Blue Cohosh, and some of the Willow that was sliding against her pelt right now.

With that, she got started, maw stretching out low and pressing against the dragon bracelet which adorned her left fore. It was a calming thing, and so she moved forward beginning to inspect the lands and see if she couldn't find that shrub with blue berries coming off of it. It wasn't very tall, so that was going to make it harder, but she was determined. And when she was determined she rarely failed.

Permission to use kahlua's basket
@[Apollo]
Resplendence
i don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

For One More Day, I'm Not Afraid to Fall

Even though this summer wasn't as blistering hot as all of the others that he had experienced during his stay in Helovia, Apollo did his best to stay out of the Sun. He wasn't a vain creature, not by a long shot, but the sharp, summer Sun bleached his hide like no other, turning the sleek ebony of his shoulders and rum into a bleached out, grainy brown that was rather unflattering to look at.

Once again, not that he was vain... And it had nothing to do with his newly pronounced love for Ktulu, either. Nope. Nothing at all. Not in any way related. He was just... Meandering through the cool shade of the Grove because it was a beautiful place to be.

Yep.

The stallion snorted a deep-throated chuckle and ducked his head to avoid a low-hanging willow branch, gentle honey-brown eyes watching the limb as he passed, a small smile upturning his lips. How wonderful it was to be at peace again... His heart was light, his mind was clear, and once again he could just breathe and enjoy the beauty of life.

So lost in his own pleasant thoughts, the Merciful was taken by surprise at the sight of another as he stepped through the thick tree-line, stopping almost immediately in his tracks. Startling the stranger was the last thing that he wanted to do... But... Wait. Was she a stranger? Had they met before?

"Um..." His voice was soft, uncertain, eyes wide with curiosity. "Excuse me? Miss?" The mare's long tresses seemed familiar, but he couldn't place a name to her face. She was turned away from him, and Apollo's head lowered in a sign of non-violence as he eyed her with curiosity. "Um... Have you misplaced something?" Because she certainly looked like she was searching for something, scrounging around in the shrubbery...

The stallion's eyes caught sight of the Red Dragon near the mare, and a pang of sadness filled him. Did everyone have a soul-mate, save him? A small breath left his lips.

"Perhaps I could be of assistance...?"

@[Resplendence]

For One More Day, We Try to Save it All

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

The petite little mare continued her rummaging for the small little shrub, content to keep searching for however long it took. However, with the sound of movement coming closer to her Valiance took to the sky from her haunches, swirling around, trying to protect his bonded as she continued her search.

When she finally heard a voice she jerked her head up. One. Two. Three. Deep breath in, eyes wide like a deer caught in the headlights. Four. Five. Six. She's searching everywhere except behind her. Seven. Eight. Nine. Finally, she turns to meet his lowered head and a question about if she'd misplaced something. Ten. Eleven. Twelve. Images of that group - the one who had invaded the Foothills, the ones who had come to the aid of the Basin to try and invade the edge - flashed in her cranium. Thirteen. Fourteen. Fifteen. Her breath gets caught in her throat as she stumbles back a stride, away from him. Sixteen. Seventeen. Eighteen. Valiance takes to the sky, flapping his wings and hissing warning. He could see the pain these memories were bringing up, and he didn't enjoy it one bit.

Nineteen. Twenty. Twenty-one. Could he help? Her frame was trembling as she peered back up towards him. "L-lo-looking for h-herbs..." she whispered. Twenty-two. Twenty-three. Twenty-four. "Y-you... did y-you i-invade the Foothills... almost two years ago..." It was stupid, probably false, but the way he moved... it was too familiar.

Twenty-five. Twenty-six. Twenty-seven. "I'm sorry... that was... um. help -- you asked if you could help?" Twenty-eight. Twenty-nine. Thirty. Deep breath in. Deep breath out. "If-if you want to... I'm looking for some Bilberry... and a f-few other herbs..." She swallowed, forcing herself to try and speak normally. "A-also Blessed Thistle and Blue Cohosh..." Thirty-one. Thirty-two. Thirty-three. Will he even know what she is talking about? Or will it just look like she was blabbing the whole time? She doesn't know, she can't concentrate enough. All she can do is face him and watch him, too afraid to keep looking should he have the desire to attack her. And all Valiance can do is hover right above her face, prepared to claw his eyes out should he try to attack his bonded, his love and life.
Resplendence
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
With love

And is it Worth the Wait, All this Killing Time?

Of all of the reactions that Apollo hoped his words wouldn't receive, this dainty mare did just that. He watched with growing trepidation as she snapped her head upwards, her sides heaving, looking around frantically in an attempt to spot him before seeming to realize that he was behind her. It's almost as if she's assessing him, judging him, or placing him with something, and Apollo is remaining stationary, head low, eyes staring into her own.

The little Red that he had spotted mere moments before then whirled, wings flapping, and even though he hadn't spent much time around dragons, Apollo knew that the creature's hiss was a warning sign. Mess up, it seemed to say, And I'll hurt you. At least that was how Apollo read it.

It was the jumbled mess of words that escaped the dun lady's pink-hued lips that caused the stallion to jerk back a step as though her words had cut him, his ears tipping low and his honey-brown eyes shining with agony. Still... After all these years, he couldn't escape from that time? After everything he had done, the change he had brought? The monochromatic overo resisted the urge to scoff bitterly, and re-directed his gaze towards the fearful mare.

"I mean you no harm, Ma'am," he answers at last, swallowing thickly. His eyes still shone bright with pain, but if Apollo was one thing, it was honest. He was never, and would never, be a liar. "You mean the Grey? Once, yes... I was a part of that band of mercenaries, and yes, we did invade the Foothills." Then was this one of the unfortunate souls that they had driven from home? Apollo understood that feeling, now, for he too stripped of everything and was without a home. A sigh of melancholy left his lips. "I was also the one who disbanned the Grey. I am no fighter, Miss, it hurts my soul to draw blood..." He was a healer now, a medic. Hell, even before the invasion of the Foothills, he had been a Medic, but now... No more. No more bloodshed. No more lives lost.

He was no killer.

"You said you were collecting herbs?" He asked at last, his ears twitching forward and a hopeful look crossing his previously pained expression. While he never supposed that this mare would forgive him for his past transgressions, Apollo would try to at least do right by her. "I... I saw some Bilberry back the way I had come, but I've yet to see any Blessed Thistle or Cohosh. I'm sorry. I don't know if you're searching for it, but I did see some Anise hyssop as well..." If his memory served him correctly, anyway. It had a lovely flavor and a lovely, sweet scent, and could be used to treat mental instability like depression. Inwardly, the stallion chuckled. Perhaps right now some would serve him well.

The stallion remained standing where he was, but shuffled his hooves nervously in the grass beneath them. This mare seemed to still be terrified of him, and he didn't want to do anything more to upset her, or her Red Dragon companion. "I... I'm terribly sorry, Miss. If you would like for me to go, I can part ways from your company. I understand my presence is unnerving for you."

Are you Strong Enough to Stand, Protecting both Your Heart and Mine?

He remained still as the dun mare snapped around to finally meet him. Head still low and eyes still trying to meet hers. But it is her words on an invasion that has him jerk back. And, with that jerk she also stumbles back a few strides. However, was that agony in his gaze? She couldn't tell.

It was when his gaze returned to her that she froze in her place, waiting to see what would happen next. Only the wind dared to move some of her braided tresses as she held her breath. He says to have no desire to hurt her. And then, he puts a name - one which had slipped from her memory - to the group which had invaded the Foothills. Her stomach dropped, ears falling to the sides in the pain and Valiance allowed his claws to tug upon her hair - to try and keep her from falling into the depths of the memories which could plague her in ways few could imagine.

Then, he speaks of disbanding this group - saying that it hurt him to draw blood. Almost, as if she were choking on the air she allows a few words to spill forth from her lips. "T-they're g-gone? They w-won't invade again?" uncertainty laced her features, remembering clearly the pain Quilyan had gone through trying to find her. The infection which had almost killed him because he had fought to try and save her home at that time.

Back to the herbs. It was safer territory, something she knew. He repeated her statement about collecting herbs and she nodded her head, watching his hopeful expression. With the information on the Bilberry Res managed a meek, forced smile. Go look for some, she thought to Valiance, who (with a huff of distaste) took off like a canon past the paint, making sure to fly close to his face and repeat his warning while he went to go look for the mental image of the plant that he was given. Slowly, her trembling slowed to only a couple a minute instead of a consistent shake. "I-I wasn't… but it could prove useful. Thank you," she murmured, voice just loud enough to be heard and quiet enough to come out without stuttering.

And then, the one thing she didn't expect. She had seen them as monsters, yet he was willing to leave because his presence was unnerving. She squeaked a short "no" before taking a breath and forming her thoughts into sentences. "No - you don't have to. You seem to know herbs… I could always use another eye…" a pause as she continued to try and swallow the nerves. "Your name? I'm Resplendence… one of the Moon Doctors in the Edge…" wavering notes flitted into the air, but at least she wasn't stuttering anymore.

Now, to calm down and find these herbs for her family.
Resplendence
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
With love

In response to her question regarding the Grey, and that they were, indeed, gone for good, Apollo simply hummed beneath his breath and offered the skittish mare a slow nod of his head. There was no reason to go into detail as to what had happened, or why. That was all the in past, as was the Grey itself, and if they had any hope to making anything of their lives, it was to keep looking forward. Towards the future. Towards tomorrow.

As the little Red took to the skies once more and darted forward, purposefully skirting past the stallion's unsuspecting cranium, Apollo couldn't help but jerk his head back in surprise. It was the lease he deserved, and twisting his head, Apollo's honey-brown orbs lingered upon the Red Dragon before the creature disappeared through the trees and from his sight. With a soft, gentle breath of an exhale, the Merciful looked back to the dun female.

He waited for her to agree, to demand he leave her presence, to curse him for what he had done, but... She didn't. This she-creature, timid and clearly afraid of him, asked instead that he stay, and honestly the overo hadn't been expecting that. Slowly his head lifted, and he swallowed, daring a step closer but being mindful of keeping a respectable distance between them, and his ears swiveled forward as he listened to the dainty mare introduce herself.

"I... I am Apollo, Ma'am," he said respectably with a humane smile, still mindful to be polite even though he now knew her name. Resplendence... An eccentric name for an eccentric creature, he presumed. "Wait, you... You said you were from the Edge?" He questioned, taking another step towards her as his eyes grew wide with genuine curiosity. A warm chuckle bubbled up from his throat, and his grin widened. "Then... Do you know a mare named Lakota? And is Kaj well? I have few friends who call the Edge home now, Ma'am, you understand..."

But, ah. The matter at hand, huh? Careless in his excitement at possibly hearing how his friends were faring, Apollo cleared his throat apologetically and refocused on their task. Herbs.

"Yes, good Miss. I used to be a Medic myself, the Earth Medic of the Foothills many seasons back." It was a daring chance to bring up that topic, but he skirted it quickly, hoping that mentioning the Foothills wouldn't upset Resplendence any more than he already had today. "I learned quite a few things about herbs and medicines during my practice, and, well... It's the life that I still follow. I do what I can... But I'm honored to meet one who I can speak to about plants of all kinds and not bore them into a doze."

As Valiance shot off the paint's head jerked back as if to be in surprise. And then, the way his eyes followed her companion as he began the search for the bilberry that she had sent him for.

Then, she finally is given a name for the face which had been part of her haunting nightmares these past couple of years. Apollo - it didn't seem like a daemon name, but the pain still was there. Alas, the thoughts were ripped from her skull as he spoke up again, asking if she had said she was from the Edge. A gentle nod escaped her maw as he took another step closer (much like one who eased their way up to an abuse victim to try and help them). It is only his chuckle that allows her to calm down a little more - to allow the trembling to ease to almost nothing. "Lakota… I don't think so. I mean… I might know of her - just not her name…" she explained before pausing so that she could answer the other portion of his question. "As far as Kaj, he is doing well. He is our King now… I'm sure, if you were close, that he would love to see you sometime," she says, not truly knowing the relationship, even though she vaguely remembered them in good graces when they were all in the Threshold.

As he speaks about herbs and his old profession she cannot help but to allow a weak smile to grace her face at the mention of boring others into a doze. "It was all I could do - and I wouldn't let myself lose more of those close to me, so I tried my hardest to learn everything I could about all of the herbs around us." A short pause before she began to shift forward at the excited feeling surging through the bond from Valiance. "I believe my companion found some of that bilberry. Please do walk with me - you can join me going back to the Edge if you'll help me gather about a dozen of each of the herbs mentioned. We can… can even grab some of that Anise you spoke of," she offered, allowing her one ear to perk up before grasping the basket and starting towards where she thought Valiance was.
Resplendence
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
With love

The more than Resplendence spoke, it seemed as though her ease around him seemed to grow. The stallion would dip his head with an occasional nod as she spoke, eagerness and excitement bubbling within his painted breast at the potential of seeing Kaj again. They weren't terribly close, not as close as he or Ktulu, or Lakota, or even Midas, but Apollo cherished and loved every friend that he made dearly, and the new King of the Edge was no exception.

The Merciful cleared his thoughts and listened, however, as the dun female went on and spoke of what had driven her to become a medic, or a Doctor, if you would. "Ah," Apollo murmured in understanding, his lips twitching down in a slight, sad frown. "I understand, Ma'am, I do." For he did. War was a terrible, awful thing, and he loathed it. The world needed more individuals like Resplendence and himself, who were willing to learn new trades to help the ones that they loved.

As the mare went on and swiftly changed the subject, mentioning the bilberry that Apollo had spotted in passing, the said stallion brightened considerably and he chuckled, momentarily glancing back the way that he had ventured before focusing honey-brown oculars back on Resplendence. "I would be honored to accompany you to help collect herbs, Miss Resplendence, but I'm afraid I'll have to part company with you once our task is completed. I'm... Still searching for some loved ones of mine, but... Perhaps I could meet you back at the Edge some day?" Because from the sounds of it, Apollo would be returning to the Land of Mists very soon. Perhaps, if he was lucky, he could even call the land his 'home'... If they could find it in their souls to forgive him.

Even though that crime had not been his to commit, Apollo still felt responsible. It was a guilt that could very well stick with him until his dying breath.

Watching as Resplendence picked up the basket nestled at the foot of a tree, Apollo waited for the single-eared female to proceed before following by her side, careful to put enough distance between them as not to make the mare uncomfortable. "So, Miss... Are you and your companion very close?" It was an honest question, even though he knew it was an abrupt one. Since venturing to the Veins and requesting his own soul to bond with, Apollo had been incredibly curious about the precious bond between a companion and their bond-mate. "He's a beautiful dragon, if I could be so bold as to say. I... Haven't seen many of them. Dragons, I mean." Save Tinek... But that had been seasons ago.

She shuffled her weight, moving so that way she was beside him as he began to look back towards her petite form. He says that he would like to help her collect these herbs, but that afterwards he would have to part was. There was a gentle bob of her head. "It is understandable. Feel free to ask for me or Quilyan - if I'm unavailable," she offered, a weak smile granted before she grasped her basket and allowed her form to begin the trek towards the area with the bilberry.

Valiance swooped down, curling up in her maw as they both reached the area, watching the paint with an intensity very few could hold. And, with the question about him falling from the paint's lips he let out a sharp trill and a bob of his head in response to the closeness. He ruffled his feathers, still content to stare at him for the rest of the travel. "Yes - I would say so. He knows what I'm thinking, and I can tell what he's feeling. He's also very protective - for even if I wanted to fight I probably wouldn't be able to hold my own for long," she explained and Valiance only puffed up to look even stronger.

However, when he was called beatiful the little dragon leapt from his perch and shot towards Apollo's face. "I think handsome might have been a better word choice…" Res whispered, managing a small laugh as she commanded Valiance to sit back on her withers through their bond. An annoyed chirp escaped his mouth, but he did comply and curl back up upon her withers. "Perhaps if you're kind enough he'll let you mess with him when you come back to the Edge," she offered and with a low huff he simply flew off to the bilberry pile and began to pull some out one by one and place them back in their place inside the basket. And so, Resplendence began to grab some of the Anise in the area as well. Strained eyes did catch the site of some Blue Cohosh, though, across the water on one of the small islands, only about 10 feet away from where she was standing. "I think there's some of the Cohosh over there," she said before tossing, "I'm only looking for about a dozen of each. W-would you mind grabbing it?" she asked, quiet eyes glancing up to try and meet his gaze for a second or two to try and be sure that he had heard.

It was nice, for once, to be around someone with a better knowledge of herbs. Perhaps she could grow used to him - get over the sneaking idea in her head that he was dangerous from past actions he hadn't really wanted to do. Perhaps she would gain another friend?
Resplendence
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Quietly Apollo committed the name 'Quilyan' to his memory, just in case Ktulu nor Resplendence would be around when he decided to show his face to the Edge... If he could bring himself to do so, yet. Still, Ktulu had been forgiven and had been allowed to call the Land of Mists her home... Perhaps they could do the same for Apollo. The stallion's honey-brown orbs lingered upon Valiance, watching in a slightly awed way how the Dragon's wings worked, or how he curled around Resplendence with obvious adoration. The bond between Companion and Bond-Mate were truly great, and Apollo hoped that soon, he could have a bond so precious as that.

"Ah," the Merciful murmured on a chuckle, his lips still upturned even at Valiance's display of displeasure, eyes alight in genuine, heart-felt mirth, "My apologies, friend. My eloquence sometimes gets me into trouble, you see. Very well... You are a handsome fellow, then." At Resplendence's kind words of perhaps spending more time with Valiance, and thus the rabicano herself, Apollo tilted an ear, but his smile broadened. Perhaps they could forge some kind of friendship?

"Perhaps, Ma'am. I think I would enjoy that very much."

Turning his head then towards the location of the Blue Cohosh, where Resplendence had directed, he eyed the herbs from a distance. A safe distance, mind you, safe on shore.... And not in the water. A nervous sense of trepidation began to rise from his breast, making the horned stallion shift his weight from one hoof to the other in an obvious sign of discomfort. It had been a long, long time since Apollo was confronted with one of his most irrational, deep-rooted fears... And of course it had to be now, when he would potentially look like a fool in front of Resplendence and Valiance.

"... Very well, Miss. I'll fetch some Cohosh." Oh, how the Gods enjoyed watching him struggle.

Swallowing thickly, Apollo stretched out his right hoof towards the water and paused for a breath before plunging it into the cool liquid of the grove. The moment that he felt the water swell upwards and caress his hoof and canon bone, the black and white over froze in place, nostrils flaring, eyes nearly bugging out of his skull. Oh, God. Still, he pressed on, lifting his left hoof and doing the same, planting them both in the innocent-enough looking water... But Apollo had never been fooled. Still waters ran deep, after all.

It wasn't far, the Cohosh... Just ten feet. Just ten long feet. Ten long miles of feet. He just needed to shuffle forward, awkwardly, almost like a duck-unicorn hybrid, and grab them. Maybe stretch his neck out far enough... And just pluck them, right? A dozen? Psh. Apollo could do that. Easy. He could do that with his eyes closed. He could do two dozen.

Sucking in a loud, wheezing breath, suddenly forgetting about Resplendence and Valiance, both of whom could easily see his little episode of traumatized fear, Apollo begins to shuffle forward, his hooves slipping and sliding in the muck and sediment. He waddled through the water, wide honey-brown orbs locked only upon the sight of the Cohosh sitting innocently a few feet away... And he slipped.

Slipped. And Apollo was pretty sure he was going to die.

An un-masculine scream tore itself from his throat as his front left leg suddenly buckled, sending him sprawling in the shallow, sloshing waters, and the stallion twisted and turned and frantically tried to heave the bulk of his body upwards and out of the terrible, horrible, blood thirsty killing machine that was water. Oh, Gods, I'm dying, his mind screamed, even though words wouldn't form themselves from his lips that were far too frozen in fear, Oh, Gods! Ktulu! Lakota!

But then, in the next moment, Apollo had lifted himself from the shallow water and practically leapt onto the island. He snatched up a mouthful of Cohosh, careful not to damage them, and trudged his way back through the water and to the other side, so that he was standing close to Resplendence once more. Slowly he dropped the needed herbs onto the ground, the sides of his barrel quivering and heaving, dripping with excess water, and Apollo spoke with a high-pitched, trembling voice.

"I, uh... G-got your Cohosh, M-Miss."

He laughed, apologizing to Valiance who finally gave a nice chirp-like trill of approval. Though, it was obvious he wasn't too pleased about being offered up as some kind of dummy to prod around with, Resplendence only pressed her maw up against his scales and blew upon his chest as Apollo said he might enjoy it.

However, as she asks for him to grab some of the Cohosh, she can see the shifting of his hooves the way the panic seems to settle on his skin. Yet, he seems to agree. Valiance, pulling to the air from his position upon Res's withers and tracking the sky above Apollo as Res watches from the corner of her eyes, still pulling her own herbs from the ground until she has about a dozen. Valiance, sending images of the Blessed Thistle from his view above which has her edge in closer towards the water to see the panic that is taking over his system. Sadness radiated through her bodice as she watched the poor stallion proceed to have a panic attack much like her own episodes which were brought about by basically anything.

And, as he slips Valiance shoots forward as Res slides to the edge of the waters, front two hooves in as the scream from his lips cause her to stumble backwards, audit pinned. Valiance instantly trying to weave his claws into Apollo's mane and tug him upwards - back to his feet, and trilling comforting sounds to the stag who was suddenly back upon his feet, leaping onto the island. Claws just managing to unweave themselves from the lock of mane which they had been knotted into earlier before he trudges straight back through the water and arrives back at Resplendence's side. He drops the herbs onto the ground, and Valiance swoops down - picking them up one and at time and depositing them in her basket before Res allows words to fall from her mouth.

"Thank you," she offers to the paint, head tilting a little bit to the side before she rummages through her herb basket. She always carried around Chamomile, afraid that she'd get into an anxiety attack which she couldn't stop. "Would you like some Chamomile - it helps, I promise…" she whispered, dropping a few of them at his feet before carefully reaching out with her maw to brush it against his now soaking pelt. He was shaking, as she had been, and she felt so terrible. Her ear flopped to the side in a guilty manner as she went to reach his gaze with her own. "I'm sorry… I didn't know - you didn't have to. You could have said no…" She was calm now, knowing that he wasn't some big scary monster - but at the same time, she knew that she had caused his own panic and it didn’t feel right. Not in the least.
Resplendence
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Apollo is drenched with grove water, his body quaking and heaving and shuddering, and as the panic slowly begins to ebb from his shell-shocked brain and he realizes that he is quite alive and isn't in the process of dying a terrible, damnable death by water, embarrassment begins to flood his system. His eyes go from the Cohosh that he had risked his life to obtain, honey-brown orbs watching as Valiance tenderly plucks up the stems of herbs one by one and deposits them in the odd carrying-device that Resplendence had with her. Slowly, with shame, Apollo's eyes seek out the pretty gold shade of the mare's eyes, but he does not see mocking humor or disdain for his weakness, just a simple stare of concern and understanding.

"Oh..." The Merciful murmurs as Resplendence produces some Chamomile from within the carrying-device, and the stallion stares down at the herbs for a few moments of silence before a small smile forces itself upon his lips. "Thank you, Miss..." He was still very much wet and soaking, and the chill from the water was highly unpleasant, but Resplendence's warm touch, gentle and reassuring, did wonders to calm him. "You're very kind."

Slowly the horned stag lipped at the stems of Chamomile that lay at his hooves, munching on the herbs and letting the taste settle on his tongue almost thoughtfully before lifting his head and regarding Resplendence with an odd look. Distress flooded his features, but only because she was now bothered. Swallowing quickly, Apollo takes the smallest of steps forward, wanting to act and soothe her dejected spirit. Such a pretty, cherubic face shouldn't hold such tumultuous emotions, and Apollo detested that he had caused her spirit to dwindle.

"No, no, no, please Miss Resplendence, don't apologize," he stated quickly, the gentle brown of his eyes seeking out her gold irises, ears swiveling forward in a display of genuine worry and apology, "Please... You weren't to know. It's a rather humiliating affliction that I've been cursed with since colt-hood, I assure you." A warm, reassuring smile spread on the overo's lips. "It's at no fault of your own, and I'm quite fine... A little damp, I'm afraid, so I apologize if I drip all over you and make a general mess of things, but I'm alright."

In an attempt to alleviate some of the tension, Apollo went on, hoping to convey that all was well. "What other herbs and the like could I assist you in finding?"

He seemed completely gone, ashamed at the fact that he dared to have a weakness. Everyone had one, but she seemed to have almost all of them. She had, of course, been hidden in her own world for so long that she just would never be able to adjust to the circumstances. He thanks her, though, for the calming herbs she always carried around. A gentle nod of her head was all she could muster as she watched him eat up the rest of the Chamomile she had offered.

But, as her own demeanor seemed to dwindle from the concern he began to speak up again - distress in his own limbs as well. He said not to apologize, saying she couldn't know and explaining further. And then he apologized for being damp and making a mess of things which managed a small laugh from her lips. Then, upon the completion of all the Blessed Thistle being placed in the basket Valiance flew over towards Apollo, thanks to Res's mental nudging, and snatched his tail - attempting to wring it out for the painted stag.

A gentle smile graced her lips before she answered his last question. "I'm still looking for the Thistle or Cohosh if you'd be willing to help search," she said as Valiance pulled back up to her withers and gave a gentle chirp of reassurance to the forever spooking mare. "But if you don't wish to help I don't blame you," she finished before starting to nose around at the vegetation near her in hopes that she might find some of those herbs hidden near her.
Resplendence
x - x

@[Apollo]
When I'm ready to fall
With love