the Rift

[OPEN] Mundane Job

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Sikeax
Given a relief from the endless agony of heat, sand digging into her skin and coating her eyes, waking early would make the task at hand a simpler one. Physically, but not mentally.
The name Andromeda left a taste to her mouth, one that caused her to shift about her resting places and snort at the thought. The woman had been one she could remember by beauty, and not much more. She'd been so dependent, so needy, clinging to the ghostly side of her mother to ensure a steady supply of milk to survive when she had come across the winged horse in the Threshold.
The whole incident was a nasty one she'd wish had been lost with her forgotten memories. It held to strong to her mind, gripping never giving way when the rest left like leaves on the wind.
Cool, gentle breezes pulled the wave inland with an easy tow. Her eyes never left the coil of the waves, body laid against the sand where the faintest amounts of heat taken in by the light of dawn pooled into her skin without the torture of burning her skin. She wanted forgiveness for any sin she had done, but found no savoir coming to her.
Reminded of the task she'd dreaded for so long on the thin idea that her mentor might still feel needle pricks at the thought of her dam, a weighed sigh fell. Blue eyes went to the sand, and never more had she wanted to shove her face into the sand like a bird of some sorts(though she lacked wings) and suffocate.
It'd be a failure to the herd, but who was to care? Not many.
Uncoiling beneath her body like spider legs, pushing outwards and rising to the odd position of standing where her height made her look down many and look up to few, her body moved in a rhythmic shake and sprayed sand. Locks of chocolate hair tossed, unsettled from the dance. Sunlight bathed her an orange shade, light blinding her until her gaze was turned away.
Strides gathered in the way they knew well, she drug herself across the almost endless sea of sand to reach the oasis.
Minutes that she had no way of keeping track of passed by, but when the Sun rose higher, the oasis welcomed her with open arm. Lazy with her head hung parallel with her spine, her steps came slower and her tail no long held itself high in the way she was raised to hold it. Bathing crossed her mind for a few moments, but she brushed it away.
This was for Africa and the herd, not herself.
"Andromeda! Andromeda!"
Silence, nothing but silence. It was a cold thing like the snow in the mountains boarding the Aurora Basin. She had temptation to yell, but patientance held strong and kept her from doing so.

ooc: Herb gathering, but any of those that wish to come in and help/watch are fine.

@[Andromeda]
In winter, some voices are like coats - Mosteghanemi
Image Credit
This beautiful table courtesy of the lovely Sevin

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
I feel as though I've been flitting to and fro nonstop, but perhaps that is simply a trick of the mind. Patrolling with Dalibor, talking to Sohalia and Africa. It doesn't sound like much, but at the same time.... I just don't know. Perhaps I'm acting like an old nag. Instead of wandering feeling sorry for myself, it is best I get up to something positive and proactive. I am already headed toward the oasis when I hear my name called. It's a voice that is vaguely familiar.. bringing distant memories toward the forefront of my mind. But my absence in Helovia wiped many memories from me, and what I was once familiar with is all a blur to me. I approach the form that speaks, and find myself face to face with a young filly. She looks like she has begun to fill out, but she is certainly not my age yet. I wonder if I can remember her... the only thing that comes to me is a name. Sikeax. A strange name, if I do say so myself, but not necessarily unpleasant.

I approach her still form. She waits somewhat impatiently, based off her body posture in the sun. I stop in front of her and bow my head in greeting, my amethyst and sapphire eyes taking her in slowly. There's a tension in the air, but I'm not sure what drives it. Do we have a bad history? Whatever is in the past is in the past, and I seek only to mend and forge new friendships. Softly, I speak. "You're.. Sikeax? Africa mentioned I would be gathering herbs with someone." I can't remember if Africa gave me her name or not -- maybe that's why I could remember it when nothing else came to consciousness. Very tenderly and reluctantly, I ask the question that is starting to bug me. "Do we have an.. unfortunate past?"

"Speech"
Tags: @[Sikeax], WC: 318, Other: herbs - Aloe Vera, Anise, Boswellia, Devil's Claw, Myrrh. -- Also, I don't even know Andromeda's history with Sikeax and her mama.. so.... YAY MENDING BONDS. Sorry it's so short. Very low on muse atm.

Trey Ratcliff @ flickr
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Sikeax
Knot. Truly, that was the only word that had the power to explain exactly what Sikeax's stomach was doing when the mare came to her, not towering over her, but only a slight gain to her. She had a way to go, but the travel would be short. Her ears slowly twitched forward, thin smile that was more than just fake coming across her face. Andromeda doesn't seem to remember, or Adrixaura. The knot loosens a bit when she shakes her head. She's never found herself lying before, even to someone as important to her as the one standing before her, but she would need to learn. It held the chance that she could use it to her advantage later on in life.
The awkward would have to be taken care of in the future when she was more sure that lies could be useful to her.
"I am Sikeax, if you're Andromeda, you can call me Sia though."
Her voice is rough, bothered by the harshness of salt of the air when Birdsong allergies had bothered her some at the end of the last season. There is a job at hand and one she should find herself getting done soon. Her thoughts clot like blood platelets, depressing trying to get around one another. She knows so many herbs, but remembering the ones that grow specific to the Dragon's Throat put her in a twist.
"I think the herbs we need to gather are, uhm..." Embarrassment floods her with her stutter, trying to recite the names like a student in middle school who must recite a certain poem or speech in class. There weren't twenty other pairs of eyes bearing into her skin, but the two toned pair before her had more weight than a thousand. "...Aloe Vera, Anise, Boswellia, Devil's Claw, and Myrrh? We're supposed to pull up the roots as well, and Africa let me borrow her bag," She moves the limb that the bag is attached to to show it was there. "so we could put the herbs in there."
Thoughts over take her again, trying to remember places where she had seen some of the herbs in the past. She knew for sure the location of the first four, the last one putting an odd taste to her mouth.
"I don't know where Myrrh might be, but the rest I do. Aloe Vera and Boswellia are fairly easy to find."
Her eyes turn toward the oasis, where a few trees had fought the land and worn, small shrubs having grown up around the bases. "We can find the Boswellia around those trees, the Aloe Vera will be further out, so we can do that one last, Anise will be around the edges of the oasis, so we can get them with the Aloe Vera, and Devil's Claw will be out around the desert. Do you want to start with the Boswellia and work out, and try to find Myrrh?"
She's such a nervous little thing, look it at the winged with tired eyes. Myrrh? How was she expected to know them all when she had been raised where there wasn't such an herb?

OOC: Sorry, I was out on vacation! I didn't think our condo would have internet so I didn't bring my kindle. It ended up having internet, just my luck.
@[Andromeda]
Image Credit

you were angels,

Dragon's Throat Healer
Lauren

I stare in slight amazement as the lips of the child part and she speaks like a blue streak. I guess it's good that she speaks a lot - makes it easier for me to stay silent. My eyes widen a little - she doesn't hesitate very long between blurbs and my mind starts swirling to keep up. I blink a couple times, trying to figure out what has even entered my ears and lingered there for more than a second. Ok so we're friends, no bad history. Sikeax, or Sia. I'm not sure which I like better.. no time to think about that. She recites the herbs we are supposed to gather - her memory is good, but she's got a ways to go before she becomes a public speaker. Her tittering is distracting and someone amusing; I almost stop paying attention because I'm stifling a giggle.

Sikeax motions to the bag that she carries, previously unnoticed. It will be handy for carrying herbs, something I hadn't really considered. Smart girl. She's confident that we will be able to find all of the herbs, and she knows where they are. Myrrh is the one that she's not sure about. Didn't I see that.. somewhere? I ponder the idea. I think I have seen it, but I'm not sure. Maybe it will come back to me as we gather the others. WAIT! That's it.

"Myrrh is in the open, by limestone deposits." Limestone.. weird chalky stuff. But I remember seeing shrubbery and trees by those deposits. I nod to the rest of what she says and motion with my head that we should get moving, as this might take us awhile. I start walking toward the oasis, the logical place to start, in my opinion. A girl of many words, while I am the femme with few. A good match, we make.

"Speech"
Tags: @[Sikeax], WC: 309, Other: we'll have to figure out how to get the myrrh from the trees.

Trey Ratcliff @ flickr
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Sikeax
An odd expression comes off the mare, her pale eyes lingering, wondering to the back of her head exactly what she might be making that face for. She doesn't question; it only seems best not to when she isn't settled around this mare.
Her mentor wants them to go, her steps slow until she gathers an easy pace and mid-length stride, legs moving at a good trot. More than confident that Andromeda was still behind her, not a glance is given. There aren't much words to offer now, and she has none to think over that might be worth being exchanged between them. Strangers isn't the word that would describe, but she has a difficult time placing friendship to the shaded female. She's become so uneasy around others the list of friends has dwindled to low numbers, she's not as social as she once was, nor will she ever return to that point in time. The past wasn't heavy enough for her to dwendle in when it came to Andromeda.
The trees are odd, if not strange, different, and unnatural. Unnatural could be a world offered when it came from someone who had not taken trips to the Dragon's Throat, or any desert of some sort. Thin, twisted slightly, leaves opening up on top recreating the image of a spread umbrella. Pulling roots from it would be difficult, if not impossible. No trees would be shoved into the leather bag today.
Beneath, spread about the trunk, are fern-like plants, surprisingly green in colour. Desert sands and harsh climates refused to put a damper on the plant. Having studied for a moment, looking over every bit of the plant where she held her head, her attention went to Andromeda.
"I could use my horn to break through the harder earth, but it might be better after that if we use our hooves to the dig the rest out."
Ending her words to allow Andromeda to comment(if she was to feel the need to) , her head dropped, horn scraping into the earth with a thin trail of dust gathering around it, tipping it with a layer of rust that clung with vengeance in the winds. Her breath sent the remaining amount on her incision every which direction.
A single front hoof was lifted, held along the line that circled the plant. "Do you want to work on opposite ends, and work towards one another, so it's faster?" It comes down slow, grazing the ground and pushing in once she applied pressure. The heart gave way around it, climbing the height of her hoof and allowing itself to be pushed away. A few repeats had roots showing, their pale colour obvious against the desert floor. She smiled, thin, real, pleased she'd broken the earth and found what they were looking for.
"The side closest to the tree will be hard. Do you think we should tear the roots there?" She doubted they would mind, but she was no gardener. Killing the plant was the last thing they needed to do, and it would pay no good to the World's Edge once deceased.
@[Andromeda]
Image Credit

you were angels,

Dragon's Throat Healer
Lauren
The younger girl falls quiet as we head toward the oasis. I'm a little sad that she has grown silent - though she's a fast speaker, I enjoy listening to others and being in the company of social butterflies. Ah well, I'm sure she'll start up again soon. My mind begins to wander as I follow the trotting filly. Her stride is big enough now that I extend my walk to keep up, adding a few trot steps in now and then. I kick up sand as I move, and the granules softly float through the air to caress my ankles. The oasis gets closer, more shrubs starting to pop up around us, then trees, and desert flowers. I take in a deep breath, enjoying the earthy, healthy scent.

Sikeax does not fail me, and soon begins speaking again. This time it is even more productive talk, and I listen intently. Using her horn as a tool is great idea, I reflect. My wings won't do much good for anything like that. I have flame healing, but flame would only kill the plants. That would not be very helpful. After her second blurb, I speak up, my voice soft and melodic. "That sounds excellent." I feel like Sikeax is teaching me much more than I am teaching her. I wonder if she notices, and if she thinks poorly of me for it. I put a hoof to the sand and dirt and start digging. I look to the oasis, and to the tree as she mentions it. "I think we can break the roots; they will grow back as surely as the sun continues to rise." I feel guilt spread through my chest. It seems wrong to hurt a living thing, but I know that what I say is true. "Would it help to wet the earth a little and soften it? Or would keeping it try make it more likely to chip and crack?" I ask honestly for her opinion, unsure of what would be most effective. I keep digging with my hooves as I speak, occasionally switching to the other leg to keep myself from tiring too quickly.

"Speech"
Tags: @[Sikeax], WC: 359, Other:

Trey Ratcliff @ flickr
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Sikeax
Once, twice, clawing down into the earth with all intentions of getting the task done so that the plants waiting patiently for their arrival would not be affected by the Sun. Thin morning dew put a soft veil to the green but was fast to set to unseen fire beneath the heat. Rainfall was a saint that would not come in this task. White, fluffy clouds floated over head and any distant sounds of thunder would be carried across the waves inland from a sea-bound storm. The earth gasped to be refreshed, but got nothing but crumbling layers when she struck down and wore down the cracked edges of her hooves.
Her teacher speaks to her, a single ear that is closest to her other flicked with some speed into the line of Andromeda's voice. Curious, yet annoyed but the idea and how they would have to go about it, she casted a momentary gaze towards the oasis and the water that filled it's banks. "We'd have to carry it in our mouths. The bag has items in it and I don't want to ruin it and the bag. Maybe we could take turns: you could fill your mouth and use your wings for speed, empty it, we could dig together, and when the earth has had it's fill, I would go."
Eager to get it done, she chooses to let herself preform it first. There was a need for releasing tension from her leg muscles, feeling a surge of energy to be as useful as she could. "I'll take the first load, to make sure it wouldn't be a strain on us."
Then, she moves slow, careful, trying her greatest not add more dust and ground to their hard work. When she feels that the distance is enough, her heels are kicked up.
It takes more strides that she expects, her stride short but making up with speed. She drops down to a trot, slowing herself so that when she does come to the oasis, greeted by the cool water, her pace is nothing but a slow walk. Dipping her head down, she sips, taking in as much water as she could, before rotating on the right hind hoof to change her direction towards Andromeda.
Repeating the same process, pulling her strides beneath her barrel, dancing on her heels, her skull lowered and her lips parted lightly, letting a slow waterfall encase the plant. The earth around it darkened, becoming a muddy shade. Using care, more was taken away, until she felt that it could be taken up.
"Would you take it from the ground and put it in our bag? We'll move on to the next after you do."

OOC: So sorry for delays! I was forced out of town(again) and last week was a busy weekend for me.
@[Andromeda]
Image Credit

you were angels,

Dragon's Throat Healer
Lauren
The advice I over is taken into consideration with a bit of reluctance, evidenced by Sikeax's twitching ear and mouth. She's not sure that it will work and certainly, it requires a certain amount of effort. I can't blame her annoyance, but I respect her for being mindful of not showing it. I am not a harsh task master nor an unkind soul, but there are others in this world that are, and biting one's tongue is a useful skill to master. Should she look over at me, she will see me giving her an encouraging smile. It takes but a few moments for her to go to the oasis and return with a mouthful of water, letting it spill over the plant and the area around it that we are trying to churn up. As the filly carefully pulls the softened soil away from it, I see more of the roots of the plant exposed and feel my spirits lift. Despite my misgivings and doubts, my advice has proven useful. I feel a little bit validated, and certainly encouraged that we can complete the task set before us without too much difficulty. Of course, it will take time, but two minds and bodies working together can achieve many things. The filly directs my attention to the plant again and asks me to pull it up and put it in her bag. I nod a simple 'OK' and reach down, careful to place my teeth far down by the roots. It won't do to damage the stem which may be one of the most useful parts. I pull it gently, and after a moment's resistance, it comes free. I tiptoe over to the pouch that hangs at my apprentice's side and carefully place the plant inside.

"Very good, Sikeax." I try to recall what we have gathered, and what is left to gather. "What's next?" I sure don't sound like the teacher in all this, and I try to keep a frown from appearing on my countenance. Obviously, I need practice, and have little experience with herbs and plants.

"Speech."
Tag: @[Sikeax]
OOC: What was that we just gathered? LOL. And what's next?
ANDROMEDA
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Sikeax
OOC: That was Boswellia, and I'm guessing the Anise Will be next. How about in the order of Boswellia, Anise, Devil's Claw, Myrrh, and Aloe Vera?

Paying close attention to Andromeda, watching each of her careful movements to learn what technique is best for the task of herb gathering. Mentor and pupil finish the first task with some difficulties, the Boswellia placed in the leather bag and ready for their next plant. Flickering towards the dual-eyed female, a praise is offered that makes her feel good in her learning and eager to receive.
"Anise would next. It's kind of like a flower, it'll be more around the greenery."
She puts her mind to looking around, shifting the pale eyes around her head in swift actions, scanning the earth for the more green areas. Using her hoof, the unsettled ground was dusted back over. She moves around, lowering her head beneath the tree's branches.
Collecting her stride, a smooth canter had her moving, once more checking behind herself once or twice to ensure that Andromeda was still there.
What is green around the Dragon's Throat could be nothing more than grasses, cacti that could be found in certain parts of the desert, wild flowers hardy enough to stand the heat, and the occasional tree that had beaten the elements. Anything that stood knee height stood out like a sore thumb, waiting for attention to be poured upon it.
When she did come across it, slowly pace and beginning to get the feeling of dust hanging to her hicks catching on, the grass cushioning each of her steps and crushing their bodies beneath her hoof, it brought an odd look to her face. Becoming more patient in waiting now that her mentor had appeared, a few seconds time is given for the other to be beside her. Thoughts mash themselves together, and once more she's in need of other's approval.
"Does this look like it to you?" She motions to it with the usage of her horn, the blue glow reflecting off as it grew closer.
OOC: Excuse my muse, it's been horrible recently.
@[Andromeda]
Image Credit

you were angels,

Dragon's Throat Healer
Lauren
The Boswellia collected, I feel so naive and foolish. There is so much that I don't know. But can I be blamed? We are not herbalists here - we heal with flame. That should not be an excuse for me to prop my self-esteem on, though. What better way to learn than with an apprentice in an offering of herbs to a foreign healer? I should take advantage of the moment, and I will. Sikeax is kind to not point out my shortcomings, and my heart warms toward her. 'Anise would be next. It's kind of like a flower, it'll be more around the greenery.' I nod in silent understanding and lower my head to the earth, looking around the green growths that circle the oasis. At first I think I might have found it, and my ears perk forward - but upon closer inspection I realize it is just a weed. Though some weeds can have wonderful healing properties, the weed I have found is nothing of the sort. I raise my head as I catch movement out of the corner of my eye. Sikeax is off again, cantering away from me. I snort, scurrying to get myself organized. I pick up an easy canter behind her, my longer strides help my catch up easily to her shorter ones. Finally we stop in an area of longer grasses, and as I pull up to the pale filly, I see that she's gesturing toward a growth. 'Does this look like it to you?' Her horn points to it, and I look closer. The cluster of small white flowers are distinctive and I pull at my memory. I nod with a smile dawning upon my lips. "Yes, I believe it is! Excellent job." I pluck it gently from the ground, being careful to damage it as little as possible, and tuck it into the bag on her shoulder with the Boswellia. Two down, three to go. "Devil's Claw is next. Do you know where that is?"

"Speech."
@[Sikeax]
No worries, mine is too!
ANDROMEDA
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Sikeax
Andromeda does more than enough to stir thin dustings of confidence over top of a once worrisome Sikeax. With two herbs in her Africa's bag, Devil's Claw would become the next on the list.It's never a hard one to miss. Something as ugly as that is never forgotten.
"Yeah," She hints her annoyance at the plant well in her tone of voice, stepping away once the herb gathered was firmly secured. Desert opened it's arms to the females with an eagerness to burn their hides, or at Sikeax's. "It's ugly, how could not miss it? Nothing else looks like it either."
Finishing her words quickly, she pulls herself together and puts their movement to a slow trot. It never grew too far out, wanting to be a rebellious thing when in all reality, all that was ever gained out of it's attempts was becoming a hideous wart to the dry, cracked skin the Dragon's Throat's landscape wore.
It was there, exactly where she knew it would be. Dried clumps of grass dotted the area, nothing worth paying attention to. The u-shape was more of an Eagle's talon than a claw. The sharpened ends paid more the title.
"I'll scrap it out with my horn. The ends are painful if it you touch them, but they don't hold on too hard when it comes to removing them."
With that, her head is bowed, eyes focused on placing her horn in the best position to hit the plant in the perfect spot. Her first attempt is a miss, ending in her bringing her head up and stomping a hoof in frustration. A lone snort bursts from her nostrils.
You're as much of a bastard as you are ugly. She throws more stomps at it, hitting her hoof against in repeated strikes while dissatisfaction buried her face. A crack hits her ears. They're fast to flatten, her snorting as she shook her head.
Below her, clear as day, was the Devil's Claw overturned with roots exposed. Pleased, she smiled. "I guess frustation does get the job done." She ends her words with a chuckle, checking Andromeda's facial expression to make sure that her tiniest bit of anger episode hadn't landed in a location to be yelled at.

@[Andromeda]
Image Credit

you were angels,

Dragon's Throat Healer
Lauren
The confidence between us is growing, and I think that the task at hand is becoming easier and easier as we go. Though I am not sure where these herbs are, we are both apt at getting them out from the ground. With two of our herbs collected and three to go, I'm feeling quite optimistic about not only completing the task, but doing it with ease and efficiency. Sikeax warns me about the Devil's Claw, and as we discover it and stare it down, I see that it is appropriately named. I glare at the plant - I hope that its properties are magnificently beneficial, because otherwise this is totally not worth the time and effort. Sikeax works at the plant, but it's difficult. I can't blame her when she gets frustrated, and I think she does better to control it than I might have. She looks at me apologetically for her outburst. I smile sympathetically. "Do not apologize for being successful, or for feeling real emotions." I bend and very delicately gather the herb, holding on to the herbs' roots instead of the difficult, dangerous top. After placing it in the bag, I return my attention to the filly. This is working very well, with a nice routine of operation settling over us.

I look over her and find that she is becoming a little less self-conscious and more confident in our abilities - in her abilities. "Myrrh and aloe vera. Should we go to find the myrrh next? We should find the limestone deposits. I can take flight and search overhead?" Or, we could do the aloe vera first. I'm not sure what is the best course of action, so I wait for her response before I make any move. I don't know where the limestone is, but I am sure we have it here in the Dragon's Throat. It should be visible from overhead, and with my wings I can fly and search for it faster than we might by foot.

"Speech."

ANDROMEDA
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Sikeax
Two more are left, and she knows the exact location of the Aloe Vera. She could get there if she put her heart to, but Andromeda is worried as of the location of limestone. The amount of time she's spent wandering the desert is short; only specific places have her coming to them regularly, and there isn't much time left to explore.
"I know exactly where Aloe Vera is. If you're fine with it, we can split up. You can take to the skies to search, and I can get straight to where we need to go. I'll be in that direction," With the usage of her horn, she turns her head east, knocking through lifeless air to motion to the location of the Aloe Vera. "you can't miss it. You can carry the Myrrh in your mouth when you fly, and then when we reunite, two birds would be killed with one stone."
She gives her mentor a reassuring smile, trying to say that she could do this if Andromeda had faith in her. Without much more, she half-rears, turning with her front legs, and once her hooves hit the ground, is off in the best gallop that she could muster with the amount of energy she had.
Picking out a small one when she gets to them, she strikes it in different ways. First, her horn: it ends in a headache coming on, and an ache where her horn becomes attached to her head. She bows to her front knees, pressing her chest against it. It gives way slightly, but in return, adds a small mark to her chest that bleeds a low amount of blood.
Pleased by some change, she figures out a new technique.
Coming to lay of one side, her back pressed against the plant, her legs kick outwards in style that was much like running on her side. A loud noise, mainly to her ears when they're so close, tells the end of the plant rooting to the ground. She now stands, shakes the earth, dust, and sand from her coat. Sighing because a few scrapes have now taken home on her upper barrel, she waits, patient in how she knows Andromeda will come soon to load the last into the bag.

@[Andromeda]
Image Credit

you were angels,

Dragon's Throat Healer
Lauren
Sikeax is quick to jump on the opportunity to gather the remaining two herbs, and she seems to see the benefits of me taking to the skies. The filly encourages us to split, and before I can even say anything, she has taken off in the opposite direction. I shrug, and a smile creeps on my face. It is good that she is so eager and ambitious. I pump my wings a few times, and slowly my body begins to lift off the ground. When I get momentum going, I start flying over the desert land, looking for signs of limestone down below. It takes a little bit, but finally I see my target down below and gradually descend. When I reach it, I see that the trees with the myrrh are easy to spot. But the question is, how am I going to be able to get the sap from within? And how on earth am I going to transport it? I could use Sikeax's horn right about now. I use my healing magic - heat and flame - to warm the tree and start to burn it in one spot. Perhaps if I.... I concentrate hard and focus the flame into one thin needle. After a moment, I find that I'm getting exactly what I want. Resin from the tree - the myrrh gum - is pouring out onto the base of the tree. It pours faster that tree resin might normally pour, because the heat has turned it into a more liquid form. But upon landing on the base of the tree, it starts to coagulate and cool, hardening. I'm not really sure how this will be used medicinally, but maybe that's something that is just not for me to know right now. When I finally have enough, I knock it loose from the tree with the the edge of my hoof. I pick it up in my mouth, careful to keep only my teeth on it. Probably doesn't taste very good, but what do I know... I should maintain its integrity.

Getting a running start this time, I spread my wings again and take flight. Up in the air, I fly over and look for my apprentice. She's not the easiest to see against the pale sand, but eventually I spot her with her bags hanging from her shoulder. I wonder if it is getting heavy, or if she need some sort of assistance in carrying everything we've gathered. I land delicately next to her, and motion with my maw that I have the myrrh gathered there between my teeth. Of course it is hard to speak, my mouth full and all, but I hope she will understand that I have what we need. If she can just pull the flap up for me - it's rather hard with something hard in my mouth - I shall place it inside.

"Speech."

ANDROMEDA
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread