the Rift

[OPEN] I have a fallback now.

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis
Serenity
Feel the wind pass through my body, I am one with your soul...

I had a home now. I had been introduced to a leader, and they were all winged, like me. A leader, a queen, was a pegasus. That had given me so much hope for this place. I felt confident, comfortable. Helovia was a land in which my kind were not only tolerated but powerful, and I felt alive now, more myself. I still have quite a bit to learn about who I am, but now I have a safe place to start. No one here could enslave me anymore. No one could take the sky from me.

So, after a rest, I made my way out of the Dragon's Throat, proud to fly. I spread my wings without fear, shedding the doubts like the sky shed the rain. Even should I meet the ill-tempered and foul that poisoned every land, at least I would have a home now to return to - a new home. This home did not have my parents, but in away, it had something more. My new home had power, and it gave me strength and courage to face the unknown once more. How long had I been waiting for a chance like this?

Thank you, Dalibor.

My blue hooves landed in the grass of a meadow I had seen from the clouds above, and I looked out across the expanse with my hawkish eyes, not bothered by the heat of the day. My starry pelt shone in the sun, a beautiful, palomino gold, and I tucked my wings to my sides as I took a drink from the river. Suddenly, I wanted to explore, and I wanted to meet others like the demon-horned cow... Where was he from?

Maybe if I picked a longitude and continued to walk, I would see more? Meet more? So, I took a deep breath and walked with confidence, heading north. With every step I took away from the Dragon's Throat, my old fears started to return, but I shook them off like dust and let them tumble away. I am a leaf on the wind. Time seemed to move so slowly as I walked, the sun now a few degrees from its precipice and on a decline.

"I have no place, I can be..." she whispered in song, looking up at the sky. "Since I found Serenity..." The words filled her heart with the vigor of new freedom.

"You can't take the sky from me."
She continued to hum as she walked.

I-mi @ Da

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Arathea Posts: 56
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Other :: 11/17 hh :: 12 HP: 56.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Raven
It felt nice to be back in the familiar place that was the Thistle Meadow. It had sort of become her place in the past. The warmer weather, the grass where little rodents scurried around for her to hunt and the occasional rocks she could sunbathe on. Today she had found one of those rocks, sticking up over the grass and she laid stretched out on her back with her belly exposed to the beaming sun. It was almost like back home. The home that was no longer ago. The desert she had left. She did not feel too sad about it, though. This was equally as good. Sun and heat was generally no problems for her.

Though her slumber was soon disturbed by the smell of horse. Of course. It was always faint wherever she went, but always grew when one of the hoofed creatures were close by. Arathea moved her ears around and sniffed in every other breath, but kept lying where she was and did not seem bothered by the horse's presence. However, soon the curiosity got the best of her Again, and she rolled over onto her belly to have a look around.

The horse was off in the distance and the wolf narrower her eyes as she spotted it. One of the winged ones... And the way it seemed to shimmer in the sun irked her curiosity even more. She tilted her head to the side and sniffed the air in the horse's general direction. Yes, it smelled real... Was not the sun playing any tricks to her eyes. She tipped her head and remained silent for now, lying on her belly with her hind legs stretched out to the side. Just watching for now to see where the horse would go.

((@[Serenity]))

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis
Serenity
Feel the wind pass through my body, I am one with your soul...

The sense of being watched hit me suddenly like a kick to the gut, and it shook the thin layer of confidence I had just starting construction. I stopped my movement, lips hushing my song as my golden eyes searched the horizon, looking for the source of the prickle on the back of my neck. My wings pushed away from my body on instinct, feeling the wind start to push against my feathers. I tried to tell myself to be brave, but suddenly, the sands of the Dragon's Throat seemed much, much more inviting. Maybe I should just go back...

stop.

I took a deep breath. This would would not make a fool of me anymore. I had a home now, people who cared about me. I couldn't let myself down again, and I did not want to be alone anymore. If I was to truly give this place a chance, I had to venture out of my comfort zone. Living on the run was no life at all, and I couldn't let myself squander this opportunity. Even if everything didn't work out, no one could take the sky from me. I tucked my wings back into my sides.

I pushed northwards, wondering if I would run into the cow-stallion on my way. Maybe he lived in the white-capped mountains in the distance? Snow was always so interesting, and I would enjoy a respite from the warmth. I had not seen snow in a very long time, and this land seemed to sequester its chill some distance ahead. So, after shaking loose the feeling of being watched, I continued forward, having not seen the wolf laying in the grass some distance away.

I-mi @ Da

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Arathea Posts: 56
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Other :: 11/17 hh :: 12 HP: 56.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Raven
A slight frown formed on the wolf's brow as the horse stopped and seem to hesitate. Maybe it had noticed her scent now too. She moved her ears this and that ways, then slowly lowered her head to rest on her front paws while she peered curiously at the winged horse. She hoped to be hidden against the stone and the grass.

The horse moved again and Thea kept her eyes steady on it, watching its movements and where it went. Then very slowly and carefully, she slipped down from the rock and sneaked after. She moved very silently and maybe the wind would wave the tall grass enough to make it difficult to spot it moving aside as her body passed through. Being down in the grass, she could no longer see the horse but had a rough idea on in which direction it was and she also followed its scent as she carefully placed one paw in front of the other.

Maybe it is the sun after all, playing tricks. Horses usually do not shine like that and maybe its scent is just the imagination using all the other horsey scents in the area. Hm, maybe this one has gone insane after the time of loneliness... Well then, let's play with the sun.

A small smile tugged at the corners of her mouth and she set off into a trot for a few steps before taking a high leap up onto another rock. She would be well within sight now as she stretched her neck to locate the horse properly and see how much she may have frightened the poor thing with her stalking. It was just that the way its fur glittered in the sun, she was not sure if she actually dared approach. But the curiosity had pulled hard in its chain and dragged her along to investigate anyway.

((@[Serenity]))