the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Maps [Phaedra]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

Uncertainty. Useless emotions swarmed around the indecisive upheaval of unrelenting images. Ultimate images of what had once been urgent ushering towards a goal of utopia-like proportions had been rid from her mind. But the uncertainty of her existence lingered.

Resistance. Reckless reminders of rash decisions and ruined lives rushed through her rallying mind. Racking through each level for ways to make the ruckus stop for a few moments of ritualistic silence. Of course, her reliance on these such methods has never proved the most rewarding, and so here she is racing through the fields to try and right her mind once more. The resistance to the pain is still present though.

Walls. Even wise ones know that the walls will eventually crumble with one whack in the right location. So, when her mind begins to crumble and she falls weary again, it is a miracle she can even place herself in the right frame to not beat up her wasted frame even more than it already is. She may have waited until she was weary to start to eat, to drink. She may have tortured herself and gifted her bodice with heatstroke. But it was all to rid the memories from her wild mind. Weakened walls were not rebuilt.

Tears. Terrible memories take over as she wallows in her pain. Trembling limbs tear each last bit of her strength from her tortured bodice and she teeters back and forth until her barreling frame comes to a treacherous halt and she tilts to her right. Two seconds later she is crumpled up on the ground. Tears staining her cheeks, but when one tosses in the sweat from the run one cannot tell if it is tears or simply her torturing herself. She'd begun to lose weight. In fact, she knew Alleo would force her to eat when she returned. So, she tortured herself for a little bit longer, telling herself that she'd be okay as long as she could get back into the Falls before collapsing. So the tears kept tumbling down.

@[Phaedra]

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud

Phaedra
All that glimmers

Phaedra didn't care. She didn't care that they called her names behind her back - accused her of sleeping her way to the top, and being unfit to lead. Regardless of the truth, their words simply slipped off of the golden girls' delicate shoulders. They could talk all they wanted, but it didn't change the facts. It didn't change that she had been the best spy that the Grey had had. The she had been sent into battle rather than that she-dog Archibald liked to keep around for when he got tired of beating up stallions in the battlefield, and wanted to beat on something else. She had taken Ophelia's place when the Foresaken abandoned them, and she rose to stand beside Apollo as Queen of the Foothills. What did it matter what happened next - that she had done a poor job of ruling, and had simply left them with things got too tough. She had made it there. So let them tell their jokes, to scoff behind her back. Had they bested the Moon Bitch's challenges, and received magic? Had they been gifted with the sparkle of the stars, from a creature made of light? No. So fuck you twice, sugar.

Even so, Phaedra really had no desire to go back. Was Lakota still in charge with Apollo? Was Ophelia still aimlessly wandering? Had Locket ever finished his quest? Maybe she would find out...or maybe she would find Soh instead. Well. But if she did that, surely her friend would ask about her children, and that was one past mistake she was not ready to deal with.

Walking softly amongst the flowers, the Opulent folded her oddly-patterns wings to her lithe flanks. Her mane and tail - a symphony of starlight and pale curls - bounced delicately against her sooty hide. Her sparkling sea-green gaze froze, as did her lean form, as she spied Rasta collapse into the grasses.

Dead? Inquired Stella from the air, her bright orangey-yellow face twisting in concern. Phaedra shrugged her spotted shoulders, as she turned to leave. "Not our problem Stella." She replied, her sing-song voice cold and distant, as she cast a sidelong glance towards the mare. From the air, Stella trilled unhappily, glaring down at her bonded. Phae...Maybe she needs help. Rolling her eyes, the Opulent looked back towards where Rasta still lay. Phaedra disliked mares - except for a handful. Well, maybe just two. She had liked Ophelia, until the Foresaken had abandoned them...though after having ruled in her place, Phaedra understood why she had done it.

Sighing, Phaedra turned on her pale hooves with a grimace. Fine, she mentally grumbled. Trilling happily now, Stella glided swiftly towards Rasta, as Phaedra followed on foot.

Her sea-green gaze washed over the emaciated form of the mare who carried a similar colour-palette and build to herself. She noted the sunken ribs and the teartracks down her cheek. Grimacing, she was reminded of the quest that the Moon-Bitch had sent her on, so many seasons ago. Her beauty was forcefully removed, and the golden girl was forced to carry and deliver her twins while being imprisoned in the body of an emaciated hag. It had been the worst season she could recall, and the state of Rasta was an all too sudden reminder of what that experience had been like.

"Did the Moon Goddess do that to you, sugar?" She cooed softly, warily stepping around Rasta lest this be some sort of trap. Stella landed on Phaedra's wither, careful not to dig her talons into her bondeds soft flesh. The bird cooed as well, expressing her own concern.

grey @ shine

HP: 45.5

Memories. Magnificent murmurings of past moments that can only be marked in the minds. A martyr for the weak - she would map out the pain and muddle her way through it until she had mastered each of the steps to making a new life. Memories do not make a life.

Birds. Battle weary eyes were blind once more, but the batting of wings caused her audits to perk. Beckoning calls of what had befell blissfully bounced through the air from the lithe frame of the mare near her. Before she turned her head, she blinked a few times. And, then she allowed her blind gaze to lock upon the face of her new 'companion' for the moment. But there was another bird- and it made her heart soar and sink at the same time. She wished for her bird back.

Goddess? Gently the mare shook her head, "No, ma'am…" she gave, trying to grip the ground and fight gravity to return to her feet. "More than likely I've done this to myself…" - after all she deserved it for barely grieving. Didn't she? However, the gracious gold was grappling with what specifically the mare was referring too. Weak muscles giving as she allows the gaze to stay in the mare's direction without ever locking and focusing. She doubted even the Goddess could fix all of this…

Hesitant. Harks flicker as she allows hollowed tones to slip from her maw. "Is there, per chance, a bird companion near you?" a pause, as her head flicked towards the heavens, "Or did I just hear the sound of a passing avian?" Forever hesitant.

So sorry if this sounds disjointed |:
I started to write, and then managed to fall asleep in the middle of it, got woken up for dinner, and came back to finish. Tried to look over it - just out of it. XD

Deceased

Phaedra
All that glimmers

Her eyes, thought Phaedra with a certain melancholy wonder. The golden girl was filled simultaneously with relief, and annoyance. Phaedra's dazzling appearance was one of the features that was most noteworthy, and one that was both her best offensive and defence against the troubles of this world. Her sooty coat adorned with odd and intriguing spots that lingered only on her shoulders, neck, and around her eyes. Her creamy mane and tail were filled with starlight, as if she had somehow captured the sparkle of the night sky, and wore it as a trinket. And yet all of this - from the sheen of her hooves to the dazzle of her eyes, were lost in the milky blindness that was Rasta's stare. And yet...Phaedra felt almost relieved. She had lost the ability to become invisible when she turned over the crown to Lakota, and the Opulent found that she enjoyed being invisible once again.

At the sound of Rasta's words, Phae's ears flickered. Was that self pity she heard, lacing those words? That was an emotion Phae rarely dabbled in, although she surely could give Rasta a run for her money, when it came to that department. My past? Awful. My only love? Disappeared. My children? They hate me - they've gone. My friends? Well, I haven't bothered to visit them. Where do I come from? Oh no where now - but I used to be somebody not so long ago... Oh yes, and like Rasta, she had done it all to herself. Even so, the Opulent failed to linger on her past mistakes; failed to bother correcting the flaws in herself that were likely the cause.

"You did sugar. Her name's Stella. She's a secretary bird, if you've seen one of those before-"

Realizing that she couldn't know for sure if Rasta had ever seen anything before, Phae coughed with embarrassment, swishing her tail. "You've got rather good hearing for -" a blind mare. Pinning her ears at having talked herself into this corner, Phae swished her tail once again, sighing lightly to herself. "-someone with one ear in the grass." Nice save.

grey @ shine

Flickering. Thoughts flickered in and out. Flying masses of figments dared to find their way to fantasy far more often than reality. The fissures were not farces, no they were fracturing her frame very slowly. Still, the way the other's audits flicked at the floating sound of Rasta's voice caused her to focus almost completely upon the pegasus before her. Flickering images of colours flashed through her skull. It was flickering like her hope, though.

Awkward. She spoke, allotting Rasta with the name sugar despite the fact that she was certain she was not a sugar. She tried to ascertain her surroundings as the pegasus stumbled over her own words. Perhaps assistance would be necessary to allow her a moment of reprieve. Alas, a cough of embarrassment concocted a wide, yet forlorn grin from Rasta. More awkward assessments fell from her maw, pinning her ears in distaste with herself and then the sharp swish of her tail. Definitely an awkward moment.

Heavy. Is her heart supposed to feel this heavy. Harder, every moment was harder. "I used to have a companion - a red tailed hawk." she allowed the words to hang in the air, harrowed soul had heaved its way to the top, trying to hide all of the pain. "A girl has to get around somehow," she responded to the comment about her harks in the grass, knowing she had meant for someone blind instead. After all, heathens never changed so why would anyone else? "You are quite observant for someone with their head in the clouds," she added, making note of the wings that were held at the mare's shoulders. Life was heavy on her shoulders.

Probability. Passive minds could reunite in pragmatic manners, couldn't they? But problems always prevailed. Information pertaining to situations could completely cause the course to fade to the perpendicular track. The sad smile was pinned to her malnourished frame. "There is always a hole when the possibility of vividly coloured memories are pushed from the scenario…" She finished, heart hanging on probabilities.

Deceased

Phaedra
All that glimmers

Phaedra suddenly was definitely regretting coming over to investigate. This mare seemed...wordy and worldy, in a way that made the golden girl feel inadequate and annoyed. Her disapproval poured over her dainty features, as she cast an impoverished glance towards Stella, knowing that Rasta couldn't see this unhappy display. The bird merely fluttered her wings delicately, as if shrugging nonchalantly. '

Phaedra turned her dished face back towards the mare who was still contentedly laying in the grass. Her star-bright coat glittered beautifully, as she waited to see if any more cryptic phrases would be sent her way. As they appeared to have stopped, Phaedra shifted her weight casually, as Stella mentally urged her to ask what had happened to the hawk. A far distant cousin of hers, the secretary bird was confused as to why the mare was speaking in past tense. Typically when such a bond was broken, both parties died. Both Phaedra and Stella were well aware of what that separation had the potential to feel like, and both shivered in tandem at the thought. It was still vivid in both of their minds - the childlike name-calling that had led to a full on spar between the golden and the shadowmere. How that darkened bitch had senselessly targeted Stella, sending the (then) younger-bird careening into the grass, white body broken and unmoving. Phaedra could still hear Stella's gentle voice, asking if she should go into the light, and the ensuing panic that had flooded her system so completely.

"What do you mean used to have? Where is the hawk now, sugar?" She purred; sing-song voice filled with well-practiced faux sympathy and interest. It was one of the many talents she had in her arsenal, practiced over her years on her own and on the run. And while Phaedra might not be that interested in the answer, Stella certainly was. The yellow-faced bird gently glided from Phaedra's wither, onto the grass about two feet from Rasta's nose. She trilled softly, head tilting back and forth curiously.

grey @ shine

Protection. Could any polite form of penance protect her from the pain that pulsed through her veins? No petite imagery or passionate minds could possibly partake in the panic that was who she was becoming. Pain did not allow her to work. There was no form of protection left.

Hell. Hot and harrowing. It felt as though her insides were being burned alive. Hollow souls hurt minds, no matter how hard they had become over the years. Had she allowed herself to fall into the hole she is in? The one with the burning coals? The hell she had created for herself? She hadn't tried hard enough to keep him - to hold him, and now he was gone. Gone and never coming back to her. Her life is a living hell now as the repayment.

Explanations. Exaggerations and endurance are all she really has left. Examples of the pain that has engraved a place upon her hide and can glow at night should be explanation enough. "He died. Our bond must have been ripped when we crossed the borders for our communication was ripped and he wouldn't come back. I doubt he knew how to live on his own… I've got a hawk marking on my haunch that glows - those in my lands used to have them when their companion died, as a symbol of what they once had…" she explained, staggered to her feet in the exhaustion of fighting. "I doubt one would understand unless they have almost lost their own." Too many explanations…

Deceased

Phaedra
All that glimmers

Stella, raising a wing gently, reached it out to try and pat Rasta awkwardly on the shoulder. Although the secretary bird was large, with a lengthy wingspan, because she feared getting too close to the mare, she might have ended up brushing her leg instead. Still, it's the thought that counts. The bird trilled softly at the conclusion of Rasta's tale. Why don't you have a marking of me? The bird asked, half jokingly, have serious. Diverting her gaze to where her companion stood in the grass, Phaedra raised a skeptical brow. Because it's tacky. Besides. You aren't going anywhere, are you? Again, half joking, half serious.

Phaedra, not normally one to share her pain with others, also did not like to be out done by them.

"Before...When I lived in the Foothills, there was an Invasion. I was sent to fight, while one of our warriors was allowed to stay at home. I know you can't see sugar, but I'm not exactly built to fight. A few days after I returned, we...er..had it out, you might say. I don't think she liked my suggestion that our leader only let her stay at home, because she was his fuck buddy." Lost in her own thoughts, Phae suddenly realized the harshness of her words. She winced apologetically. "Sorry sugar. So we sparred. I guess she wanted to prove to me that she was more than just...just a toy. But she attacked Stella, who was much younger then. Nearly... For a moment her lip trembled and the words were caught in her throat. She could only see a ball of white feathers, hardly breathing, and an yellow face that wouldn't move. Rage boiled within her breast, and had Circe strolled through the meadow at that moment, Phaedra would likely have attacked her again.

Still, as reality rolled back through her mind, Phaedra regained composure. Stella, sensing her concern, had hopped into the air and glided to land upon Phae's golden wither, burrowing herself under her mane as she had done when she was a chick. "She nearly killed her. If our healer, Apollo hadn't been nearby, I don't think she would have made it." Steeling her resolve against the anger and anguish that still threatened to overtake her, Phae raised her chin. "So yes. I know the feeling. And I won't let anything ever make me feel that way again."

Pausing again, Phae's golden gaze softened considerably, as she looked down at the golden mare. "I am sorry for your loss, sugar. Do you think you'll ever find another? Is it even possible?"

grey @ shine

Touch. Light, flitting touches of feathers to flesh ghosted across Rasta's flesh. From her hawk, no. But, it could have been from Stella. The light trill caused Rasta to gently reach out, to press her maw against the feathered creature in a sign of thanks. It was more comforting than the little one could know - to feel the ghosting of wings across her flesh when she could have sworn she had lost such a gift so long ago. Just one touch.

Recall. Recital of previous events which had been regarded enough to resurface at this point in time. She spoke of her past, of residence in the Foothills. Jabs at her blindness, which she simply shrugged off - uncertain of whether this mare was naturally crude or just reliving a bad day. But, it seems the pair would only recall pain.

Shattered. Both the mares were shaken, sorry in many ways. Should things had gone differently the mare before Rasta would have understood the hole that had been torn through her heart. Silence was all she could muster for the moment as the mare stumbled through her words, strength seeming to radiate through her. But Rasta's soul was still shattered.

Apologies. Apathy and wonders of if she would be able to get another. "I went almost three seasons ago. The God of the Earth came, granted me sight for two seasons but took away my voice. Told me to grieve. He said, that once my voice returned, had I spoken to three whom had lost or nearly lost their companion. He said, if I understand what might happen should I be granted another, that I may be able to be gifted with another," she explained, her blind orbs shifting up to where she believed the mare was standing. A break in her voice as she allowed the word's to sink in. "Would you be willing… To possibly explain what you were feeling when you almost lost Stella?" she questioned, staggering a little upon her feet in order to keep herself steady. Even apologies wouldn't be enough.

Deceased

Phaedra
All that glimmers

Phae's golden ears flicked with the question. Would it be possible for her to describe such an event? Could she do such a thing? Looking to Stella, the sooty once-spy sighed softly. In return, the bright orangey-yellow face of her companion trilled helpfully, spreading her wings encouragingly. Still here. Stella chirped mentally. Not gone. Not hurt to talk about it.

"It was like...a bridge. Stella was on one side, and I on another. It was as if my life depended on crossing the bridge, but the boards had all fallen away - there was no way across. And my wings...they...they were heavy. Useless. I was useless. There was no way across, but...but Stella was on the other side. She needed me, and I couldn't get to her." Phae's sea-green gaze began to glaze, as she envisioned the sort of scene that she was describing. She could feel the pull of Stella's fading heartbeat, and was once against transported to a moment within which she felt more useless than ever she had before.

"Almost losing her felt...it felt impossible sugar, like a moment that was never supposed to happen - one that couldn't possibly happen - suddenly was. It was like watching myself die. Feeling it." The golden beauty paused with another sigh, her muzzle lowering to the ground, where Stella reached out. White wings wrapped around the pink muzzle, as the small creature nodded encouragingly. Sohalia find love for you to have me. You tell blind-girl this, so she can have hers.

Although Phaedra knew the small creature was right, she still wasn't convinced. "If I lost Stella that day sugar, I'm not sure I would want another. Once you've lost them well...well you know what it feels like. Before I had Stella, I had no idea what it could be like to lose her. I do now. And if she were gone...I'm not sure I could risk it again.."

Her voice trailed off, and she realized rather selfishly that while she hadn't lost Stella, Rasta had lost her companion. How rude she was, to preach to someone who knew better than she what that pain would be like. Was like. Shuffling her feet uncomfortably, Phae shrugged. "The Earth God sent me on a quest too...for Stella.. If anyone can fix things, I'm sure he can.."

grey @ shine

Hesitation. The harks of the mare flicked and a heavy sigh fell from her lips. Perhaps the mare didn't wish to explain. There was no guilt trick that Rasta would dare to use upon the mare who she doubted had little less than beauty and a healthy companion. For, the feeling of hell surrounding this golden mare was not one she was certain she could explain should she be given the opportunity and had the overwhelming desire to do so. But the hesitation does not last long.

Imagination. As the mare speaks, Rasta allows her mind to slowly form the image. The deep cavern below the inescapable bond. The way that each of her limbs ached and the bridge was broken. That need, that desire. It hurt - it added fuel to the fire that already threatened to pull her under, to burn her. She says she's not sure she'd want another - unsure if she could risk it again. However, her last words were a bit of a comfort.

"It feels like I'm burning alive, drowning in flames. It was my fault I lost him - if I hadn't crossed these borders he would still be here… I just probably wouldn't. It's a hell I placed on myself by mistake - and I was in denial for so long, blaming the hole on the distance we must have had and not the truth. I've finally grieved, but I still blame myself. And this time… if I'm ever given that second chance to not be alone… to have someone who understands - well, let's just say it will be my life before his that will leave this earth…" Rasta explains, knowing that the mare must be judging her for even risking this kind of pain again. But she knew she wasn't risking it - because if her new companion died she would die too. He did not die in vain - she would allow him to rise again in whatever way he wished to. And she would have someone who could understand her without the words ever having to leave her mouth - the pain having to radiate from her limbs. That was what she needed, if she was going to grow stronger.

Her mind paused, as she glanced back over with blank eyes towards the pegasus mare. "Thank you, so much Miss…" A pause as she realizes they never swapped names. "I am Rasta… I cannot thank you enough for being willing to speak like that - if you or Stella need anything, do not hesitate to ask, I will do the best I can to assist… May I know your name?" she finished with, finally steady upon her feet and offering a delicate bow of her head - one of sincerity and respect which few had garnished from her in these lands. If one was willing to show their deepest pains so out in the open she believed that respect was only warranted…

Deceased

Phaedra
All that glimmers

This little intimate chat had gone on a little too far for the Opulent's liking; things were a tad too personal. Rarely did Phae let anyone get this close - to know such painful and memorialized details. Sharing time was most certainly over.

As the mare spoke, Phae continued to shift on the spot. Rasta's description was...vivid. Her words seemed to linger under Phae's skin, where they began to fester and metaphorically burn. She hated the feeling. Hated having recalled what had happened to Stella, and the description of what would have happened to her, if Apollo hadn't gotten there in time...A shiver ran down Phae's golden spine as Rasta concluded. So lost in her own thoughts, that she barely heard the mare offer thanks and ask for her name. As if in a trance, Phae's delicate ears slid forward, understanding slowly bleeding into her sea-green gaze.

"I am Phaedra, sugar. Former leader of the Foothills, but now just a wanderer." Her voice trailed off, as she cast a glance over her shoulder, sighing softly. "I hope the Earth God can grant your wish sugar. " She offered sincerely, though distantly, still harboring reservations about whether another companion was a good idea. Still, the God wouldn't give her a companion if she wasn't ready for it, deserving of it, would he? The golden girl thought not. The Earth God had seemed wise and caring when she had met him - not at all like the Moon Bitch who had cursed her all those seasons ago. Lucky for Rasta it wasn't She who had answered her prayers...assuming that she did pray for this creature? Quests had always just...fallen into her lap. The God's had always been there when she needed them - was it not the same for everyone? The girl didn't know, nor did she care. The thought quickly bled from her mind.

"Good luck Rasta. I'll be around if Stella or I can do anything else." Unfurling her oddly patterned wings, preparing to take flight, she paused, looking solemnly at the mare. "Good luck.." she whispered, voice full of trepidation and worry.

grey @ shine