the Rift

[OPEN] Labyrinths of the Heart

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Rei

Rei knew that it was probably too soon for her to be wandering from her new-found home as part of the Dragon's Throat herd but since flying over this section of Helovia this place had called for her. Her heart had ached with the need to venture through the Heart of Helovia.

Coming to the opening of the cave her senses were on alert. Her ears stiffly tilted forward towards the cave before swiveling in all directions listening for what she was unsure. Maybe an excuse not to go in. What had before seemed a grand adventure was now unnerving. While in the caves she wouldn't be able to see the sky.

Shaking her head she turned from the gaping mouth of the cave. With a running start she pointed herself towards home and lifted herself from the ground with a single powerful leap.

The apprehension that had curled itself around her heart slinked off into the dusk as the wind caressed her wings lifting her higher and further away from her fears.

You're running from them. Your fears cannot be out ran.

She knew that. Her conscious wasn't telling her something that she didn't already know.

They will find you. Maybe not here in these caves. But later they will return.

She was also aware of that.

What will you do then Rei? Run again?

She knew that she wouldn't do that. Banking sharply Rei turned back in the direction of the caves. With only a moments hesitation she flew into the lip of the cave and the spotted pegasus was swallowed whole.

Once inside she landed, while in the air she had felt more natural and therefore braver. Entering in such a grand way had made her feel much more bold than what she was. Looking back towards the opening one last time before going forward she saw one of her ebony feathers floating towards the ground. After watching until it settled on the still warm ground at the edge of the entrance she turned and walked further into the cool cave.

As she moved forward she experienced the strange sensation of the cool ground under her feet, the cool air that settled around her, but also felt an intense warmth emanating from deeper within. Continuing forward the warmth grew to be stronger and a light sweat began to form on her freckled brow. While carefully placing her hooves on the wet ground beneath her Rei slid down a slope before entering a room unlike anything she had ever seen.

"Wow," it was more of a breath than a word whenever it passed over her lips. She had her breath unexpectedly taken by the grand space she now found herself in.

Her ears quickly flicked back as rocks from the slope behind her clattered from their resting places. Excited at the thought of possibly meeting another Rei glanced behind her, but spotted no movement. After briefly stretching her wings out she settled them back into place and eagerly continued forward.

Rei walked dreamily through the room filled with stalactites and stalagmites. The otherworldly glow cast by the beautiful formations reflected brightly in her wandering eyes. Her wide eyes didn't rest in any one place for long. Slowly walking through the room she stopped and marveled at a towering stalagmite. Gingerly the pegasus reached out and brushed against the ancient giant with her nose. The warmth from its inner light warmed her sensitive skin. Pulling away she craned her neck back taking in the stalagmites full stature before continuing forward.

Four different paths sat in front of Rei. Four different adventures were imagined in her head. Lost in a day dream she stood with one of her back hooves resting putting the rest of her weight on the other three. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the silhouette of another pass against the molten yellow backdrop of the wall of falling lava. Jerking upright she cautiously began to head in the direction in which she had thought to have seen the other.

Suddenly realizing that she had left a home that she barely knew, into a system of caves that she didn't know at all, with someone that was an apparent stranger Rei spun and galloped in back in the direction where the four caverns branched off.

Continuing her panicked flight she ran into the first entrance that she came to. She skidded through a winding labyrinth with glinting crystals lining the walls. Coming around one corner too quickly Rei crashed into the wall. Breathing heavily from her reckless dash she stayed where she was for a moment.

"That was stupid!" Rei grunted as she heaved herself back to her feet. Gently she shook herself and by first stretching out each fragile wing she checked herself for injuries. Luckily she was unscathed and only slightly sore.

Observing her surroundings for the first time her breath caught in her throat. The crystal studded walls winked at her with colors that webbed out slowly altering their shades of color. The marvelous light show soothed her unlike anything that she had experienced in all of her five years.

Mellowed out Rei strolled through the twists and turns of her crystal cavern. While glancing up at the ceiling, admiring the way the soft lights danced on her hooves, and smiling at the walls around her the naive pegasus didn't bother to remember the path in which she took.

After hours of strutting through the cavern she had grown to adore Rei yawned and turned to head out. It wasn't until she had wandering in many circles that denial wore off and her plight dawned on her.

"I am lost." It wasn't a whimper nor a shout. Simply a statement that fell bluntly from her lips. Despair was never her first response calmly she once again moved to attempt to retrace her steps.

In the time that Rei searched for the path out the crystal's colors shining from the walls changed many times over. Rei had been searching for her way out for another hour. Moving at a brisk trot she turned corners trying her best to suppress the panic that was now threatening to take hold of her.

Deciding to take one of the turns at the last moment Rei bumped into a figure. Too optimistic for help and too tired to be fearful she lifted her head from where it had bumped into the other's upper neckline, "Hey there, I am Rei. And I am terribly lost."

Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo
Tangere had no clue what time of day it is, all she knows is that she’s been wandering the caverns for quite a while now. It was daylight when she first arrived, but since then she’s gotten mightily distracted trying to pick apart the symbols randomly (but not really randomly) carved into the cave’s scarred walls. She was done studying for the day though, the temperatures in the center of the cave’s roads was getting intolerable. Sweat gathers across her back and shoulders, leaving her silver fur salty and browned – the caves were rather hot once you traveled farther and farther inward, the veins of melted rock keep the cave’s sealed rooms very warm all year round. The only way to avoid the high heat is to find a rare piece of the cave system that does not have lava flowing through its walls. Phrixus begins to breathe with his black beak agape, panting to relieve whatever he could of his rising body temperature.

The painted mare moves toward a familiar place, she knew just how to relieve the pesky itch of drying sweat and the feel of sticky heat across her skin. The bird would enjoy too, she was sure.

Speaking of bird, why was he screaming? Franticly he flaps his wide white wings and grabs haphazardly at her silky, thin mane. She is utterly confused for only a few seconds before a collision wipes away the fog. She snaps her attention to the speckled pegasus that has bumped her, causing her body to roll backward a few steps, luckily her long limbs seem always ready to react and she moves without hindrance to absorb the shock. The bird swoops away after impact; he makes a few circles and finds his place across her withers, watching the winged horse carefully.

“Hey there, I am Rei. And I am terribly lost.”

Tangere’s lips curl in a rather entertained smirk. “Aren’t we all, Rei.” She chuckles lightly and quickly moves on, no need to leave the air lingering with such a phrase (wouldn’t want anyone to think on it too long). “Do you want further in or out?” Her head slants sideways to dish a half-lit hazelnut eye toward the pegasus. “And I’m Tangere…this is Phrixus.” They watch her silently, the unicorn smiles only slightly, enough to not appear cold but not enough to appear false.

CARS CAREENING FROM THE CLOUDS
BRIDGES BURST AND TWIST AROUND..
AND WANTING SOMETHING WARM AND MOVING

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Rei

Rei slightly cocked her head to the side taking in the unicorn in front of her. It was not until coming into Helovia that she had ever seen one of the horned creatures. Not only had she discovered the existence of unicorns, but also horses. The horses were without wings or horns. With the disconcerting thought of being unable to take to the bright blue skies her feathers ruffled themselves in protest. Slightly extending her wings she daintily she flapped them before settling them back into place.

"I was looking for my way out," lifting each hoof in a dance of slight release she smiled tiredly. " This place had been calling my name ever since I flew over it. I have been here for ages-" her words were briefly interrupted by a yawn. "I came in hopes that this great adventure would play out. It wasn't quite as adventure packed as I planned, but it has been much more grand than what I could have ever imagined. My body is more than ready to leave, but I cannot say the same for myself. I could stay in here for days and not have it fully explored."

Rei continued to marvel at their surroundings watching as the soft light from the crystals glinted on Tangere's light sheen of sweat. She tried not to gape at the gorgeous bird that the mare called Phrixus. He was certainly an animal that was breathtaking at any given time but at the moment with the lights dancing on his creamy white feathers he looked like an animal from her favorite foals' tale.

"In this lighting with the light casting colors onto his feathers your friend, Phrixus, looks like a bird from one of the tales from my homeland." Dreamily with half lidded eyes she told the story. "My homeland is called Lytninia, and whenever the land was created it was carefully sculpted with the utmost care. In that time there was no color in the world and the creator of Lytninia had developed the colors of green, red, blue, green, and yellow. He wished for his creation to be like no other.

The creator had a booming voice that shook the surrounding area to his like thunder. In this surrounding area was the kingdom of the birds. Late one night the bird king was awoken from his slumber by the voice of the creator. As curiousity is in a bird's nature he sat on his branch and listed to the plans the creator had made to bring color to his new land and listened to him rant over his frustrations in not being a very good painter.

Jealousy tinged the bird king's heart and while the creator slept he stole the colors. Whenever he returned to his own home with them the birds began to sing brightly with excitement. It was the first time anyone had ever heard birdsong. The bird king was amazed that his people could bring such sounds into existence and while he was strutting around with pride a young bird swooped from her perch in the tree above and soaked the colors into her feathers in order to fly them back to their rightful owner.

In return for her kindness towards the pegasi the young bird was awarded a dash of each of the colors that she had brought back. The colors had been intended for the bird to paint her own plumage as the creator had enjoyed looking at the bright feathers. But instead she remembered the un-containable joy the colors had brought to her family and friends and she used all of the color she was given to sprinkle the flowers of her own home with the colors.

Seeing how well the bird had painted the flowers the creator pleaded for her to paint Lytninia. She agreed to the Creator's request but would only agree to do so if he granted her as much color as she asked for. From that morning after in the early hours, after the nighttime had soaked up the color leaving the word cloaked in black and white she flew across the world, and with her flight she dribbled the color into all of the lands."

Rei finished the story and closed her eyes briefly holding onto the imagery the story brought along with it.

"From it comes the moral that no matter how small you or your actions may be, your kindness will bring brightness into those you meet and the places that you go. My parents used to tell me that story. I can still hear their voices whenever I think back. My mother's bell like tone dancing with my father's baritone. I guess that this is a bout of homesickness showing itself," she laughed but it didn't hold the same amount of lightness that her laughs normally bubbled with. How could she miss a place that had so much prejudice in it? "Are you originally from Helovia?"

Maybe we could speak while we make our way out of here? Rei blushed realizing that she hadn't even really asked if Tangere would or could show her the way out. That's if you aren't busy, hastily she amended. Stepping to the side the spotted pegasus made room for the unicorn to step forward. "What brought you into the caves?"

Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

Tangere threw her head back with bubbling laughter, not mockery laughter, but instead genuine joy. She is rarely of assistance to anyone – lately she has only been a vagabond or a pupil, both things require you to receive the help rather than dole it out, usually. She nods her head and flicks her nose in the direction of the southern hall. The biggest arch of the four-way they stood amongst. “Follow me this way, Rei.” She chuckles, “We can exit together.” As they moved into a matched pace (assuming) the speckled pegasus began to tell of a story. Phrixus moved the the middle of her neck as to listen to better, and both the silver unicorn and her companion hung on the milky words of the wild winged mare.

Tangere remained mostly silent except the occasional gasp or ‘ohhh, wow’. When the mare finishes Tangere’s eyes are wide and her smile is curved almost wickedly. Phrixus stirs in the tangles of her silky mane, letting the details of the story sink into his mind, spreading out his wings to examine them while the mares walked on.

No, I was not born here.” She avoids delving into that whole thing, and thankfully the spotted girl asks another very answerable question. “Well, I am a medic in training for my home, Aurora Basin; there are funny fungi in here with scribbles that tell what they are and best used for…I come here often hoping to unravel the mystery of the writings and the fungus.” She chuckles to herself. “Today though, no luck, too hot and too crowded.” They approach another curve and fork in the hallways, the painted unicorn confidently veers to the left…a breeze can be felt as they turn the corner, the entrance is not far off.

The raven does not intend to wait and dives off of the mare’s neck, silver hairs clinging to his black scaly feet as he flaps away gracefully. “Just ahead, where he just disappeared to, is the entrance.” The room opens up and now they’re in the back of the big cavern where the hole in the earth leads to the warm caves. “Where to next…the river, maybe?

CARS CAREENING FROM THE CLOUDS
BRIDGES BURST AND TWIST AROUND..
AND WANTING SOMETHING WARM AND MOVING

@[Rei]

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(: