the Rift

[PRIVATE] Breathe Me [Destry]

Rhiannon Posts: 76
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
You know, come to think of it, I really should have started to grow alarmed by now from the number of times I've been gripped by a strange, uncontrollable rage. It would build in the bottom of my breast and seem to crawl upwards through my throat and into the tiny, minuscule crevices of my brain, gripping me in a fit until I just snap out of it. It's strange, it's different, and it's really alarming... But at the same time I just don't particularly care.

I'm sane, I can think for myself, and I don't freak out and attack anything at first sight, so I'm really not concerned. Normally I can snap myself out of those mysterious fits by grumbling and cursing to myself, hiding away from the rest of the Basin's population and find a nice quiet place to brood. I haven't always been like that, not before I spent so long underground and by myself with only the shadows to keep me company.

What can I say? It's been awhile since I've been around others like me, who breathe, eat, think, and speak. Still. Enough about my quirks.

It's a nice summer day and I'm taking advantage of the weather and stretching my legs, which never seem to stop growing. I was getting tall in my age and filling out quite nicely, my ebony and brindled body broadening and my chest growing muscular and taut. The thick, frosted tresses of my mane and tail seemed to grow just as quick as the rest of me and hung in thick curls and crimps about my neck and shoulders, framing my figure quite well... But I wasn't a vain creature, no, so my looks hardly mattered. They were a tool for seducing, for taking advantage of those who may think me weak for my sex. I was a soldier. A warrior. A machine bred and being molded and built for battle and bloodshed... And that was okay with me.

I enjoyed the opportunity. I craved the opportunity, the power, the urge to dominate and control through strength and capability. It excited me, empowered me... And that desire drove me to yearning for something greater than I was. That, however, would come with time and experience that I desperately needed to gain.

"What says you, Father?" I ask the air around me, my hooves sinking into the soft blanket of grass that stretched out across the expanse of the Thistle Meadow. It had been a long, long time since I had last come across my father, Crowley, and that reminder only served to depress me... But I still tried to speak to him, to his spirit, to any part of him that my words might reach. "I wonder if you would approve of me now, like this, like a soldier... This madness that lurks inside me." But it wasn't madness, not for me. It was... A gift? No, no... Not a gift. It was just a part of me now, and I had to learn to understand it. I was not sick, I was not ill... I was just different.

... And that was also okay with me.

@[Destry]

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

I had to get out, to breathe in air that isn't intoxicated by the breath of the mentally disturbed. I had to stay away because I might catch whatever sickness they have. Clearly I'm not immune because Delinne was sick and twisted too. Lucky for me I won't have to deal with her anymore. I haven't seen her since the birth, and nor do I want to see her. I don't give a rats ass about her anymore, I'm quite glad Aurelia burned her. Delinne deserves it.

Over the past few days it hasn't been tears, but frustration and excitement. Every night I would sit in wait for Aurelia in case she came early, but never did she appear. It had only been three days—

Maybe I'm just a little too excited?

Ah well, I'm away from the Falls today, taking a stroll through the Meadow. It's sunny, bright, a perfect day to take a stroll. I walk at a leisurely pace, wings tucked by my sides. I hear a faint voice, hurrying forward. I spot a black figure, but no other living being around her. I raise a brow, walking down to confront her. She has white brindle along her body, horns sprouting from behind her ears that twist and twirl.

She's talking—

To herself.

I roll my eyes, done with this. "Well well well another psycho. Can barely walk two feet without tripping over one of you—" I stop, focusing on her. "What do you have? A daddy complex?" I had heard her say the word father, so I assumed she was talking to her father— either dead or missing from her life. "What are you supposed to be? Daddy's little girl?" I spit, brows narrow.

I really didn't care right now. I need somewhere to put my anger, so on this girl it goes. I lay it down with annoyance in my voice, ears flattened against my skull. I swear to god there are three things I hate in this world.

Psychos—
The Aurora Basin (well, the horses in the Aurora Basin)
And Delinne—

This girl is already a psycho, and I can feel the hatred burning passionately inside. I ruffle my feathers, dual tone eyes narrowed, focused on her eyes of two colors. I feel like I might get sick even standing a few strides from her, breathing the same air she breathes.

"blah blah blah."

ooc: angry des is angry cx
word count: 397

SquirrelyTodd.deviantart.com | TwiWolf.deviantart.com

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Rhiannon Posts: 76
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
I'm interrupted from my personal monologues and mind-boggling thought processes by one of the most hideous sights to ever cross my path... And that was saying something, considering the amount of times I had strutted into Crowley's cave as a youngster and had caught Talbot cleaning himself. The... Thing, whatever it is, approaches me without warning and spits venemous words in my direction with no preamble from my part, mind you, and for a long time I just stare at it, as though my mind couldn't comprehend just what I was seeing. It could have gone around me. Last I checked, which had been less than two minutes ago, this field was big enough for It to not run into me.

An ear flicks forward, the other tipping back steadily towards the dome of my cranium, and I lift my head higher to regard the clueless imbecile with a sneer. "What the fuck are you supposed to be?" I ask It with a lewd undertone, the harsh gold and frigid silver of my eyes staring icily at the cretin that dared traipse into my path like it fucking owned the place. Did the Thistle Meadow have a sign that read 'Cretin Property' on it? I must have missed it during my moments of being a 'Psycho'. "Could you not decide what you wanted to be when you rolled out of the dung pile this morning?"

It wasn't even that The Thing had wretched, ugly wings... Not completely, anyway. It had been how she had spoken to me, walking up to me and popping my pleasant little bubble with her crazy fucking words, calling me a 'psycho', asking about my 'Daddy'... Fuck. I'd show her 'Daddy', the little harlot, when I pushed her face into the dirt and pulled the wings from her shoulders.

My teeth began to gnash impatiently and I resisted the urge to try and bite onto the fool like a dog, my ears slowly pinning back against my skull. Normally I felt a deep-rooted desire whenever confronted with one of the same sex as I was, but with this thing, well... I felt nothing but repulsion. Disgust. Loathing.

"If anyone's a 'psycho', strumpet, it's you. I don't believe I was doing anything to bother you, and this field is plenty big enough for you to carry on your regular, mutated way. So... Go. Shoo. Scram." Fucking tramp. "Vamoose."

I should have just stayed home.

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

I look at her, and frown, ears plastered to my skull. "I don't know you tell me. Surely you have to be smart enough to know what the fuck I'm supposed to be." I sneer, looking at her with a burning hatred. So what if I burst her little bubble? Someone needed to do it before she went on some psychotic rampage. And I was lucky enough to be the one to do it. It was her lucky day because today, she was going to get her ass beat.

"Could you shut the fuck up?" I spit at her, brows narrowed and body tense. I clamp my teeth together, ears pinned and tail swishing back and forth as I see her flatten her ears as well. I was ready for her to leap, ready for her to spring at me. I was going to show her how I felt about those who trash talked me, and those who decided to waste our precious air talking to her non existent parent. "Come at me, bitch." I snarl, muscles tensed to the point where they've begun to quake.

Did she just call me a psycho?

Did she just call me a psycho?

I snort, nostrils flaring. My teeth were clamped so tight it was beginning to ache, and my hooves were planted firmly on the ground. She had absolutely no right to call me a psycho! I did not act like one— if anything it was her who was a psycho, talking to her 'daddy'. My Gods she made me sick to my stomach to look at her. I think I might shit all over her in a moment if she doesn't shut up.

She tells me to go. Huh, yeah right. I shake my head. "You must think I'm crazy if you think I'm going to take shit from a bitch like you." I spit back, done taking this little girl's insults. There was no way I was going to be leaving without breaking at least one of her bones. But despite my rage— I cannot waste my strength. I relax myself, preparing just in case she was first to attack. My body no longer is shaking uncontrollably, and my muscles aren't clenched any more.

"blah blah blah."

ooc: des is being a potty mouth :x
word count: 374

SquirrelyTodd.deviantart.com | TwiWolf.deviantart.com

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse