the Rift

[OPEN] The light in the Dark

Athenä Posts: 23
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 [Bird Song]
Candy

athenä
The Fallen Angel

The sound of thunder, not from the heavens but from below rumbled in the soft velvet lobes upon the babes head. The voice of her mother calling out, Nato! Father? Panic quickly flooded the bones of the twins, as they were quickly backed away into the tall shrouding grasses of the glade. The dual toned stallion, her father that only moments ago had given her an amulet, was now shoving them into the cover of foliage and demanding them to stay. Her father gave her a sorrowful gaze and a gentle nuzzle, his words stern but loving. “I will be back for you, Athenä.. Ares. Stay.” He retracted away, and turned to gallop into the distance. Confused, scared and unsure, she cuddled against her brother and his new bear cape, the sounds of danger, squeals of pain rumbling through the air. Ares, whom was at her side couldn’t take the confinement anymore without his dam, and jumped from the cover of the emerald blades and into the direction of his dam.

”No Ares! Go back! Get away from here!” Her mother’s voice cried out, and in terror she backed farther into the grass, violet eyes peeking just above their pointed blades to see the drama unfold. In a bleat, a cry for help, for comfort I cried out to my parents, to my brother. A struggle, a fight had broken out between a group of strangers, Quinn being chased away while Nato battled against a stallion. Ares, having shown himself was now being confronted by another equine, thin and elderly the mare demanded the child follow her. It was too much, all this to take in- they were just playing a game and now hell had broken loose. As soon as the obsidian mare turned to gaze into the direction of Athenä, she tucked down closer to the ground, legs buckling as she lowered her head and plopped to her belly. Shivvering, praying, tears streaming from her vivid purple eyes as she did her best to muffle her cries.

They had been taken, they were running away, and without her.
Silence had settled in, the voice of her father ringing in the back of her mind to stay put, to wait for him. The sounds of night were approaching, crickets chirping, it was oddly peaceful. Exhausted, she staggered to her feet, hungry and bleeding emotions, tears swelling in her eyes as she gazed around to find herself alone. "Momma?" Her voice shaky as tears streamed down her dusty cheeks. "Ahwes?" She cried aloud, lobes flicking wildly upon her tiny skull as she listened to any response that might answer her.

Darkness shrouded the child now, the star covered blanket had stretched upon the sky as the sun set in the west. Alone and sobbing, the sounds of the night coming to life, she appeared stressed, walking in circles and turning every so often to gaze into the direction her parents, and brother were taken. Her stomach rumbled and itched with pain, she was hungry and tired. Reaching a nearby stream, she walked slowly to its edge, glowing violet eyes gazing down upon her reflection as a tear fell into the pool.

"Stay." She frowned, eyes closing as she turned away from the stream and walked steadily back to the tall grasses. ’Daddy will return for me… he must..'

"Talking."
'Thinking.'
tags // - Open to anyone that wants to momma a filly!
wordcount // - 580
ooc // -tears-

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily
Kiara
quote quote quote

The darkness was the perfect time to hunt, the perfect time to have time to himself. Carefully the panther, after letting his bonded know where he was going or course, slipped away from the Falls. He needed somewhere quiet to hunt. The meadow was perfect. He had seen this place in his beloved bonded's mind so many time. Often it was when she thought of her love Breeze. Either way, it was to this meadow the panther was going to hunt.

However tonight his plans were quickly changed. As he entered, the smell and sounds of a fight hit his senses. Something was not right here. Quickly the panther headed for the sound, but was to late. By the time he arrived, all involved seemed to be gone. It was only his keen sense of smell that told him otherwise. Quickly he called for Kiara through their bond. Something has happened. I am okay, but need you.. He could hear the sobbing from nearby, it sounded like a child. He followed the sound, while reporting what he was hearing to Kiara.

The roan meanwhile looked on, watching her own young as they slept. Another child needed her, and as Earth Medic she could not turn away. Even if it meant leaving her own young safe within the Falls. Quickly she responded, trotting at first until she was far enough away that she though the sound of her hooves would not wake anyone. Then she burst into a gallop, quickly covering the distance between the Falls to her bonded. He was hanging back, watching the child from a slight distance so he did not scare her. The poor dear. I wonder what happened to her mother... Slowly Kiara moved forward, nickering softly to let the little black and white filly know she was there. "It's alright little one, I will not harm you. Are you hungry?" Kiara kept her voice soft as she moved closer. "I know I am not your mother, but I have milk. You are welcome to it. We can wait together until your mother comes back." She honestly did not know what else to do. Especially if the child's mother did not come back...

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

x - x

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Hidden Account
Candy

athenä
The Fallen Angel

Through all the confusion and commotion, the sounds and strange aromas that fluttered upon the breeze were things she didn’t know the dangers of. The distant howls of night hunters barking on their nightly escapade didn’t frighten her anymore than she already was. Violet eyes reflected the moon as she turned to gaze upon a black creature, gazing upon her. Frozen, she dare not move as the beast gazed upon her; huffs of oxygen bursting through her nostrils in her best defensive manner, for a two week old. It was then, that another equine strolled up behind the creature with golden eyes.

A funny looking equine with no horn; she was a beautiful sight with her flaxen locks glowing in the moon light. Maybe these were the angles her mother had spoken of in their bed time stories. The voice of the hornless mare was soft, and gentle- yin-yang lobs perked forth at the mention of food, delicate façade bobbing up and down to suggest the mare was correct about her hunger. With caution, lobes turning in every direction she neared the mare, gazing back and forth between her and the black creature at her feet. Grateful to not be alone any longer, she moved closer to the red speckled lady.

"M-momma was taken.." Her lips trembled, as she neared the mare, curious but aiding caution to the feline at her heals. "Daddy gone after her- Ahwez too." She breathed, feeling her heart pounding in her chest like beating drums in her ears. Tears clouding her vision as she gazed to the ground, stricken with this horrible emotion of fear and sadness. "Daddy said stay hidden." She snuffed through broken breaths as she let her glittering spark amulet dangle upon her limbs below her chest.

Violet rimmed pools gazed upon the head of the mare, tilting her own in wonder. "Where is your stick?" She inquired about the horn, or rather the lack there of upon her head. Her and Ares had always called them sticks, often play fighting with them- but this one had none? She was naked. She cringed slightly, painted features scrunching as her stomach rumbled loudly in demands for food. Ivory dipped limbs easing her forth with careful steps as her soft painted muzzle brushed into the chest of the roan mare, the warmth and comfort of someone else was the best thing she had felt, in hours.

"Talking."
'Thinking.'
tags // - Open - @[Kiara]
wordcount // - 580
ooc // -tears-

Kiara
quote quote quote

There may be others there to hunt, but as long as the panther was there none would harm the babe. Already he found himself growing attached to the little one. In reality, he always had a soft spot for the little ones. However he was glad when Kiara arrived, since she could speak to the child and look after her while he made sure everything was safe.

Kiara's tender heart nearly broke at the little girl's voice. She was so young, so innocent. To have her mother torn away, and it seemed from the sounds Keiran had heard the rest of the family as well... The roan could not imagine being taken from her twins. She did notice that the girl seemed very nervous about Keiran's presence. Go off a bit farther. I think she's scared of you. Without question the panther moved off into the night, but not to far that if trouble came he would not be able to help. He had promised Kiara he would not let her be hurt again.

She moved closer, longing to reassure the child that everything was alright. "Then how about we stay hidden together." The moonlight caught the amulet hanging around the child's neck. However she nearly laughed when she was asked where her stick was. The roan knew the girl must mean her horn, which of course she did not have. "I was not born with a stick. Some are born with sticks, others are born with wings, and others like me are born with neither one." The clear sounds of hunger came from the little girl's belly. "Come, I have milk. My children will not miss any. I can tell you are hungry. Can't have you starving when your family comes back." She looked towards her hindquarters, inviting the child in. She was a mother and a healer. Neither part would allow such a young life to go without what she needed. Not when Kiara was so easily able to provide.

x - x

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Hidden Account
Candy

athenä
The Fallen Angel

Pleased with her new found friend, the tears had finally subsided. Standing next to the stickless mare, a smile finally returned to her lips when the mare mentioned hiding together. Violet eyes beamed as her delicate crown nodded with contentment. As the mare spoke about not being born with a stick, her jaw dropped in amazement. As she continued to explain that some are born with sticks, wings and some are like her with nothing, she could only muse why such a thing was possible. She offered a big smile as she looked up to the mare. Convinced, she must be an angle like her mother had talked about. "It’s otay, you are still purdy wif-out a stick." She beamed with pride. "You must be an angel, like mooma talked about!" She said excitedly looking to the flowing flaxen hair that poured down the mares neck. There was not a doubt in her mind, that she wasn’t one of these glowing creatures from beyond ones imagination.

As the mare shifted her weight, and offered milk without hesitation the painted girl had already grown comfortable around this lady she dubbed as angel. Stepping with haste she took to the mares milk, listening to her as she continued, slightly frowning as she mentioned the return of her family. She had almost forgotten about them, she is right they would return wouldn’t they? She let her thoughts drown however as the sweet taste of the mares milk flooded her taste buds. She was rather hungry, and vigorously suckled for what seemed like hours- but was only a moments worth of time. Pulling away, her milk mustache lips turned to gaze upon the mare. She said she had children- others like herself but where are they. "Thank you." She said politely, walking around looking for the children. "That black thingy- was it yours?" She looked for it- just noticing its gone.

"My name Athenä. You have childwen like me?" She questioned again, lord knows children could ask many questions- but perhaps they would like to play? Though with a full stomach she was growing tired, but at the same time to excited to sleep. Maybe she would call them from the shadows to come play!

"Talking."
'Thinking.'
tags // - Open - @[Kiara]
wordcount // - 395
ooc // -tears-

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
You're not welcome in the Falls, you're not welcome in the Beach, you're certainly not welcome in any of the other herds. So, if you're not welcome in any of those places, where exactly are you welcome? You're not entirely sure, in the same way that you're not sure how gravity works or how the rain knows when to fall or why ants also seem to have so many important places to go. Yes, despite trying... almost trying to kind of fit in a few different places, you're still not exactly sure what your place in this world is. And even though you think you know, it seems like the rest of the world doesn't care at all what you think. Because if they cared, you'd definitely be General Oxy the Addict by now.

Oh well.

After your meeting with Rainbow Vomit here in this field, you've been kind of wary to come back. Who knows what kind of hot mess might be floating around here now. Besides, she's looking for someone. And if she's looking for them they're probably looking for her. And then they'll want to know if you know her, and how to find her, and how she's doing, and a whole bunch of other stuff you don't actually care that much about. Except even though you'd rather stay away, here you are anyways, wobbling about not quite so steady on your hooves. Good plan.

Of particular interest to you, as you wobble about, is that you see a reasonably familiar mare in the distance. Her name and position are foreign to you, but you know that you recognize her. She was there the day you hollered at the group for making too much noise and being a general nuisance. Mother of two and yet.... the child she nursing is not one of the two that you remember. Entirely interested in causing trouble today, you decide to waddle on over and stir up some nonsense. “Two wasn't enough, you had to steal somebody else's too?” Except your voice isn't that full of disdain, because you kind of have a soft spot for foals. A little bit... until they're annoying.

Your companion, on the other hand, is very interested in getting to know the child and, because she enjoys annoying you, she flits down to the foal and morphs into the shape of a butterfly dancing about- a favorite form of hers ever since Bellona. Your lips turn down in a sort of frown, but you make no move to stop her... yet.

@[Kiara] Fell asleep writing this last night- whoops!
we all look for ways to make the pain go away
- bg - table - manip -
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Kiara
quote quote quote

Kiara could not help but smile at the young filly. So sweet and innocent. She could only hope that she would remain that way as long as possible. The world is cruel, but the child doesn't need to know that just yet. As the child began to nurse eagerly, Kiara's thoughts wandered to her own son and daughter back in the Falls. Nursing three little ones was going to be hard, and take a lot out of the young mother.... But made this was the Gods way of allowing her a second chance. She had royally screwed up with Malachi. She had hated and loved him all at once. But she had learned from it. Now she had the chance to raise a second beautiful little girl.

As the little one finished drinking, Kiara turned her head to make sure she was alright. "No need to thank me. Couldn't let you go hungry now could I?" The girl went on to ask a question. "That black thingy- was it yours?" "He is mine just as I am his. We are what you call, a bonded pair." Incoming. Big stallion from Falls. Emerald green eyes quickly look around. At least Keiran knew it was a herdmate. Being out here alone with a young child was not ideal. “Two wasn't enough, you had to steal somebody else's too?” Ah, this stallion again. He had arrived at her birth... When she and Delinne were chasing the "father" of her twins back out of the Falls. "Who am I to deny a child in need?" Keiran slipped back closer, placing himself between the stallion and the filly and his bonded. He watches the butterfly, unsure as to why there is a random butterfly this late in the night. She glanced to the filly, realizing that she had not caught her name. "Don't worry, he is from the herd I belong to." Since the girl had said her family was taken, the roan wondered how she would react to a strange stallion arriving.

x - x

Hidden Account
Candy

athenä
The Fallen Angel

As the angel mare spoke, her weaves of alabaster silk enchanting- welcoming; a soft sweet smile curved upon innocent lips. Violet pools shifting about, exploring the scenery, enjoying the company of another living, breathing soul. That short time alone; those hours that seemed like an eternity in blackness washed away with the arrival of a guardian angel, indeed her mother’s stories were true, and it delighted the child to no end to have met one. A shy yet delicate shake of her bi-toned tiara in acknowledgement to the angels’ question; as the lyrics continued to flow, she spoke of the onyx creature she claimed was her bonded. Naturally, the creature seemed to appear as if by magic at its mention, the majestic feline was very interesting- new and entertaining. 'Bonded.' She thought with a grin, turning her gaze to look upon the roan angel as she gazed off into the distance. She seemed serious, distracted- and the child couldn’t figure out why.

Fluffy cupped lobes flicked to attention upon her head, as the sound of a deeper voice rumbled behind her. Frightened and wide eyed as her tiny heart felt as if it was nearly about to explode from her chest. A squeal of sorts, soft near a whisper- perhaps what you would call a gasp escaped while in motion of spinning around to lay violet eyes upon the stranger. Chest heaving, the words of the angel responded to the stallion that stood before her. He was very, very tall and she coward a little till she noticed something, strange lobes flipped back, and then up again pinning on his position.

She froze for a moment, jaw dropped wide open in amusement as she looked at him as if she had never seen a beast before; dumbfounded and eyes alight wide with amazement she couldn’t contain her words anymore. "Yo-You have TEW sticks!" Unsure of what to be more shocked about, was the fact she had just seen someone with more sticks than herself- or the fact she could count to two; she beamed in awe before something else happened.

Out of the sky, came a beautiful butterfly dancing and mingling around the girls head as if to taunt and play with her. And of course, the creatures being her favorite creatures (so far) she giggled and extended her plush nose to the butterfly in a playful manner. "Flutterby." She said with her girlish voice as she turned to gaze at the angel, almost asking for assurance it was ok to play with a magical butterfly. As Kiara had assured her that the stallion was from her herd- she paused for a moment, curious. What was a herd?

"Wuts a hurd? Is that where your family is angel?" She questioned, head turning to gaze and look between the two adults, before letting her eyes rest upon the tall stallion again, noting the detail of his form, and the strange thing he had wrapped around his chest. Breathing deep their aromas; something sweet tingled upon her nose. 'what is that?.'

"Talking."
'Thinking.'
tags // - Open - @[Kiara] , @[Oxy]
wordcount // - 518
ooc // -<3-

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
You watch as the cat places himself between you and Kiara, protecting the mother and child from you. Of course, you don't blame him. You're not exactly the most reliable of creatures on the best of days and on the worst of days... well, like you said. You understand. As for the child, you almost feel bad that you frightened it. Almost. The world is full of terrors. If the child is to grow to be strong, it will have to learn to control its fright now while it is young. Closing your eyes for half a moment, you begin to remember too many lessons from your father and the guardsmen. How many scars on your body are from when you were young, and not from your battles as an adult? Many would hate their fathers for what yours did to you, but not you. You know that it made you stronger, a warrior- the fighter you are today.

In response to Kiara, you simply grunt. It is not an unkindly sound, but you've never been terribly social and you're not about to start being so now. In fact, you're about to turn and go with the small creature speaks. Two sticks? You furrow your brow in an attempt to figure out what she means before turning to Kiara for some sort of aid. Sticks, sticks? Oh- horns. Rolling your eyes, you turn back to see the violet-eyed filly playing with your boggart. You are torn between yelling at the boggart to stop her foolishness and letting the filly have her fun. You opt for the latter, just watching for a moment as the butterfly continues to flutter.

“Herds are where you go to follow orders you don't want to take,” you respond grumpily to the child, sure that Kiara will have something more eloquent to say. “But they're the only place to go if you want any respect.”

@[Kiara]
we all look for ways to make the pain go away
- bg - table - manip -
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Kiara
quote quote quote

Kiara could not hold back a small chuckle as Oxy was informed that he had two sticks on his head. She smiled and looked to the stallion, waiting his reaction. He looked to her instead and Kiara tossed her head a bit to try and silently communicate that the sticks were his horns. When she wasn't sure that worked the roan joked a bit. "I guess he got the stick I didn't huh?" She hoped that would give it away if nothing else.

When the coversation turned to herds, and the young girl asked if that was where Kiara's family was. "Yes sweet girl it is. Herds are also a lot more safe than staying out in the open. Perhaps until we figure out what has happened to your family, we should go back to our herd." Her eyes flashed to Oxy, concern for the girl's well being clear in her emerald eyes. His answer had been a bit, well, not that great for a young child. But what was she to expect when he yelled at them for making to much noise when chasing off an intruder.

She looked back to the child, wondering if she would balk about leaving this spot. After all, it was the last place her birth parents knew she was. Being here would be the best place for her.... But not the safest. If it was discovered that there was another, whoever had the girl's family could come back for her. The roan mother did not want to take that chance.

x - x