the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] A learned woman [Earth]

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Cashmere

I've never been to the Veins of the Gods, but I realize that, entering this place, I never want to leave. It's beautiful. The blue lava that runs through the ground sends out light everywhere, and I stop by one of the rivers, staring at it in amazement. Absolutely gorgeous. Even the Voice is silent in awe. I smile and bend my nose to the lava, careful to stay away from its scorching heat, and the light shines in my chocolate eyes. My nostrils flare as my senses are overwhelmed by this new place. I straighten up again and look around. Can I stay here forever?

I walk a little further into this new space. Hesitantly, I raise my voice. It cracks, just like the rock around me. "Oh God of the Earth, I come with tidings of the quest you gave to me." I see nearby a shrine that has blue flowers all over it, over black veins in the ground. It's a sign of life. Is it possible that this is a shrine to the Earth God himself? I kneel down at it, and I sniff the flora. They smell heavenly, and are in such a way that I cannot describe the scent in any normal format. A scent that is just wonderful, but has no known descriptors. I close my eyes and enjoy the odor that fills my sinuses and lungs.

Walk. Talk.

The Edge: Aaron
The Throat: Sohalia
The Basin: Farenjer & Ulrik

What is BROKEN cannot always be REMADE
Image Credit
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

Dust to dust.

They were quick creatures, living out their lives in a hopeless frenzy of self satisfaction. They charged blindly ahead, plotting and scheming, trying to mold the world around their desires and wishes. But the world is a fickle place. Speed is not always the answer, not when dealing with the long task of creating something from nothing. Magic was not something to be tossed about as frequently as a summer rain upon the leaves. It was just as fleeting as the brevity of their existence, but was not given as lightly. Life, well...that was something that they could control. But magic.... Magic was not in their domain.

From the dusty shores that were constantly growing larger due to the churning and burning magma, a pillar of stone began to emerge. At least, you might be tempted to think it merely a pillar, should you be unfamiliar with the enormity and bulk of the God. Rock peeled away like molasses from the chocolatey shoulders, crumbling downwards towards heavily feathered and pitch black hooves. The God seemed to both emerge from, and be created by the rock simultaneously, for when he had fully stepped out of the stone, there was no fissure, or extraneous rock to be seen.

Cashmere.

The God's paternal gaze swept over her gently, as he stepped towards her. Bits of rock and dust fell from his thick mane, dancing along his hooves as he moved. She had returned sooner than he might have thought - Helovia was a great and distant land, and for one without wings, he might have thought her journey to be more arduous then it appeared to be. Even so, knowledge was a worthy price for the bit of magic that she desired. Knowledge, often more powerful than the gift of magic would likely take her farther and be more prosperous, if only she truly understood its value.

The question was, did she?

"You have returned, child. Now tell me, what have you learned?" Patiently, the God waited for her answer.

CREDITS

Adoptable
Cashmere

Magic is something special. And there is not an ounce of doubt of that in mind as something great rises before me. At first, I think that it might be a pillar, some stone creation come from the ground, seemingly from nowhere. But as the seconds tick by, I find that my initial perception was misleading. The stone begins to crack, and falls with small cracks and rumbles to the ground, revealing beneath it a figure that is not unfamiliar to me. A huge bay behemoth, a chocolately bay, horned and winged, is being unveiled before my eyes. Green tinges the ends of his black hairs.

Finally the transformation (apparition?) stops, and I find that there are no rock chunks from the pillar to be seen. Magic is something special. I bow my head to him and raise it again as he addresses me. To tell him all I have seen may take a few moments, but I gather from his soft, rumbling tone he is a patient God, and will hear me out.

Honor to thee. I begin respectfully, and already a smile is starting dance its way across my lips. I am excited by my travels, and by being here in front of the God that will be one to gift me magic, who is also the Patron God of my home. I traveled to the places you told me, and learned what you tasked me to learn. In the World's Edge, I met Aaron, a Glazier who crafts from glass. They use the power of the Goddess of the Moon, and can cover items in glass and create them from thin air. Much as I wish to do. I remember watching Aaron cover the branch in glass, and my great amazement at how easily he appeared to do it.

I continue on. My dear Sohalia greeted me when I went to Dragon's Throat. I met her when we were in the caves, and was delighted to see that she could craft from ore that she pulled from the ground. With the metal she forges, she makes statues, chains, sheets of metal, gates... She told me the possibilities were endless. I pause in thought, remembering now that it took a little more effort for Sohalia to pull the ore from the ground. That doesn't surprise me - to extract it from the earth must be difficult and require much concentration, just as I have to concentrate to work the stone in the Falls. Of course, I am not aware that now Sohalia is one of the leaders of the Throat.

And last but not least, I start to describe what I learned in the Basin. I haven't looked close enough to see if the God appears impatient with me and my rambling - I am trying to be as concise as I can. After all, there is a lot of information. He has yet to cut me off (or if he has I have been deaf to it), so I can only assume that is a good sign. I met with Ulrik and Farenjer in Aurora Basin. A strange pair, but they seem to work well together. They weave, and can make things like rope, tents, bags, the like. I do not dwell long on them - it was a strange experience for me, and I had a strange sense of unease while I was there. But my story of my adventures is wrapping up, and I look more closely to see if the Earth God's disposition is favorable.

Walk. Talk.

Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

Dust to dust.

As he listened to her retell the events that led her hear, the God silently sighed. Internally, he was reminded that she was young. Perhaps studiousness and diligence were not taught to her as a child, or perhaps she was fortunate enough in her upbringing to never have to learn such traits. Even so, she made her home in his lands, now; she was a child of the Falls, and under his care and guidance. She would have to learn that rewards were not given to those who merely complete their tasks to attain their treasures - the quests that he issued were purposeful. He did not send her on her way simply to waste time. He sent her to learn. But as she concluded, the great God did not feel she had learned what it was she was tasked with.

"Dear child," He began warmly, his kind eyes beaming down upon her. "There is more to know about the art of creation, than simply the source of the power and what forms it might take. Did you ask them how their magic made them feel? Do they take pride in their work, or take it for granted? Has it been a burden? Is it difficult? Do they enjoy it? Two of the crafters to whom you spoke - Ulrik and Sohalia - have magic that exceeds that given to them by their patron Gods. Even in our herdland, there are those who possess these abilities. Find two who possess the ability to craft and create - I have no preference where they call home. Find them, and try to truly understand what it is to be able to create from nothing. But do not rush, child. To wield such power is not to be taken lightly. I shall not grant you this gift until I believe that you truly understand what a gift it is."

His hulking form began to slowly waver. As he glistened, becoming more and more opaque, a warm breeze began to stir. It gently blew away his mammoth form, like a sand castle being blown aside, to rejoin the sands. "I believe in you Cashmere. Do as I ask, and you shall have what you seek." He offered reassuringly, knowing the the mare would likely be daunted and disappointed with his verdict. Still, parental tough love was a concept that the God was no stranger to. The inhabitants of Helovia might not always like his decisions, but they were always made in their best interest. Eventually his form blew away entirely, leaving only small fragments of dust and a few pebbles in the place where he had only moments ago stood.

The Earth God is unsatisfied with Cashmere's account! He has given her additional instructions to complete her quest. She must seek out two characters who can craft/create which does not come from rank magic. She must understand their ability, and return to the God.

CREDITS

Adoptable
Cashmere
I can't deny that I am disappointed. I have done what the honorable God has asked of me, and I thought I did a good job in doing so. But regurgitation of facts is not what he wanted, and looking back upon what I've told him, I can see that is exactly what I have done. I hang my head for a moment, feeling glum and guilty that I have disappointed him. Does this often happen, that equines complete the actions but miss the point of the quest? I don't want to think about it. I avoid eye contact, my eyelids partially lowered over my soft milk chocolate irises. In this moment everything is very still, and I wonder if I am still breathing, if he is still breathing. (Do Gods need to breathe? I suppose so... They are immortal but not undead.) As my head hangs, I can see the lava creating an eerie glow around our legs, including my already blue-purple-pink triad belly. It complements the colors there and makes them seem more alive, and less unusual.

This idea that maybe I belong.. somehow.. with something so supernatural.. only bolsters my spirit. This is no way to act around a God. Especially a God willing to give me a second chance. I lift my head, and though I am still unsure of myself, my resolve is gaining strength. I can accept responsibility for my shortcomings, I will be accountable for my actions. My ears perk forward and my eyes open wide, a new shine acquired in the past few seconds. I believe I understand now. Thank you, o Great One, for giving me a second chance. I shall not fail you again.

I bow my crown to him again, my dark gray mane falling in delicate lengths over my forehead and face, hiding my visage. As I raise it again, I find he has disappeared into the Earth again. I will never be able to do that, and I never want to: I want to be astonished and in great admiration every time I am able to witness such an amazing, great feat. Something that is probably as easy as breathing to one so great as a God of Helovia. With a smile and a heart beating hard in my chest, I turn and begin my journey out back to Helovia. I know where I will go first: I will return to my home in the Hidden Falls, and see my very own King Midas.

Walk. Talk.

WC: 417
OOC: I do understand my mistakes and appreciate being given a chance to do rectify them. Thank you!
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread