the Rift

too SEXY for my shirt [outcast]

Arvakl Posts: 66
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 (Tallsun) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
Arvakl

What are you doing? Where are you? What is this new hell hole? I look around and try to decide if this is a step up from my home or if it is just as bad at the places I've visited in my youthful travels. Huh. It looks halfway decent and at least there will be new prey. I lick my teeth with my slimy pink tongue. There is still a taste of copper from the last rabbit I tore into. Heh. That squeaking little varmint was a nice snack, very juicy.

I sniff the air, my nostrils flaring as I take in the summer smells. Everything is hot. Smelly. Anything dead reeks. Though I enjoy the flavor I'm not sure I enjoy the stench. Fuckin' disgusting. There are flies and other pesky bugs. Really I'm not interested in any of that shit. Oh and the shit - that smells too. I stop trying to smell as much as before, letting fresher air fill my nose again. Ok now maybe my eyes will stop watering. I look around me at the emptiness that I've entered. This is unimpressive. I look to the south - the forest seems to get denser and darker. Ahead of me to the west more forest, but not so dense. And north, not so dense and colder.

Does it matter where I go? No. My half-sister will never find me here. That twat, a needle in my side. I don't expect that she will follow me - she's not strong enough to get away from our parents. But that doesn't mean she might not try, and JUST IN CASE she does, I don't want her to find me. That and I just don't want to be found ever. Leave me the fuck alone and get out of my fucking way. I decide to walk forward, to the west. Might as well strike at the heart of this place and figure out where all the bitches 'n' bastards are - my targets and enemies. A sadistic smile spreads over my pretty face. They don't even know what's coming. Well, neither do I. Really, I just take whatever shit's in front of me and run with it. Isn't that how you're supposed to play this game?

Walk. Talk.

I'm so FANCY
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Arvakl excluding dismemberment and death.

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady
Ever since you discovered the entrance to Helovia once more, you find yourself lingering at the border, waiting for strangers. Maybe you like the idea of meeting newcomers who are guaranteed to know even less about this place that you do—knowledge is power after all, and your ego has no objection to the feeling of superiority—but part of you seeks to bring at least one of these souls back to the rotunda deep in the southern woods. For you have decided: the demon queen will have a following if you have to build it yourself. You have stopped questioning why your desire is so strong to feed her hunger for power, to attempt to appease her lustful imperial fantasies; you simply know at the very core of your being that if you succeed, you will be unleashing the power of immeasurable want on Helovia. And you have seen it all before: if anyone (and Confutatis is no exception) wants something badly enough, whether it be a lover or an empire, they will take it in the end or die trying. If you play your cards right, it should be quite the show. Besides, should she succeed, you wouldn’t mind reminding her who built her up from the beginning. You did prophesy that she would be great.

So the spools of thought unwind in your mind as you walk, looking for new recruits, however ragtag they may be. Bodies are all you need; in fact, the less dangerous they look, the better. Confutatis may be one for intimidation, but you much prefer a more…subtle approach. For example, who would suspect this sugar-spun confection of a pegasus who has just wandered into view? Your lips curl upward momentarily, and with liquid grace, you stride forward to greet the land’s newest addition.

“Welcome to Helovia,” you intone pleasantly enough, looking the mare in the eye. “Are you looking for anyone…or anything?”

Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Lauren
Arvakl

Here I am just MINDING MY OWN BUSINESS when this asshole appears out of nowhere. Doesn't matter that she didn't do anything. It's a fuckin' whore. How do I know she's a whore? They're all whores, whether they know it or not. I stop walking as she approaches me and pin my ears. Hmmm... to play it sweet or sour? On one hand, playing it sweet has such a nice game to it, but on the other hand, do I have the patience to play it sweet? The one that approaches is pale, similar to myself, and has a single horn protruding from her forehead. Her tresses are long and beautiful.

She speaks before I've decided how I want to approach our interaction. She welcomes me to Helovia. Huh, so this is Helovia. Hmm. Weird name, but no weirder than my own I suppose. Am I looking for anyone or anything? No. Well... meat? I dunno, I'm not that hungry right now. I stare at her, emerald eyes twinkling warmly as if I give a shit about her. Sweet it is. My lobes swivel forward again and the smile that appears is sickly sweet. If I saw it on myself I might vomit. Barf.

Oh well thank you my dear. I step closer to her, trying so hard to keep my urge at bay to strike at her with my hooves and teeth. I'm not looking for anything, just wandering. What is your name? I'm Arvakl. Yes, my name. Arvakl. Remember it, and tell other people. Just remember - you stay the fuck out of Arvakl's way. My tail twitches as I try to keep myself calm. I keep my pink feathered wings tucked against my cream sides, and wonder if my antlers need sharpening. Could I stab her with them? I haven't used them as a weapon in quite awhile, they might be too soft and gentle. No, they're just for decoration today.

Walk. Talk.

I'm so FANCY
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
I've been tasked to pose no threat to the Dragon's Throat until the last leaf falls before Frostfall. I think that was the time? In all honesty, I was too preoccupied wondering why Africa was being so harsh on me. I'd left the Throat when I was a fall, and that's all I've done to her. Of course, there is a lot of other shit I've done, but I don't even want to remember it. All I want to remember is the sweet, young, Africa. The one who saved me from the Threshold. The one that was warm and cuddly. She's the one I like, not this cold, distant, mare.

I stumble upon this meeting. I'm all alone. There is no Shilva wrapped around my head like a crown. The golden serpent is no longer living. She died because of me, and just thinking about her makes me hate myself. It makes me hate everything I've become. I admit it, my morals are quite fucked up. I guess it took me a while to realize this, but I'm glad I have. Maybe I can be normal for once. That would be a pleasant change from my fairly chaotic lifestyle. I'm positive I can become something better. Normal is better, after all. I want to be the one horses like. I don't want to be the one their scared may attack them with fiery blazes.

What is your name? I'm Arvakl. I am able to only catch her last two sentences. Arvakl? Such a strange name. I slide to a halt and glance around with weary eyes. "Miss and Arvakl." My voice is light and cautious. It's as if I'm walking on egg shells, and if one breaks, I shall be slain. I let my head drop down a little. It's a common gesture here in Helovia to do this. It means 'hello', I believe. As my head rises back to it's normal position, I offer the pair a smile. Let's get on a good note, right? Perhaps they can be possible recruits.

She replies to your welcome, but her emphasis on her thanks is not lost upon you—is that a touch of sarcasm you hear? Perhaps your candy-coated stranger isn’t as sweet as she appears. Your honey brown eyes study her thoughtfully. You are tempted to snip back at her rudeness, but maybe you’d be rude too if you had those downright unnatural flamingo wings attached to your back. So you say nothing, the only sign of your irritation a slight steeliness of the eyes.

She steps closer, introducing herself as Arvakl. Well that’s quite a mouthful, you think, knowing that with your accent, you will probably butcher it. “Sheba,” you return casually. Your tail flicks with a bored manner as she explains that she’s “not looking for anything, just wandering.” Merely out for a little stroll, is she? Her vague answer leaves you unsatisfied—either she’s some purposeless fool who has accidentally wandered into Helovia, or she’s a liar. Which she is, you don’t know yet, but you suspect that you will soon find out.

Before you say anything else, you are joined by another in the clearing. The newcomer is much prettier than the foreigner, with gold dapples on cream. It’s too bad about those white eyes; they lend her the appearance of an alien, though they’re probably just indicators of blindness. All the better for her that she doesn’t have to see the violent pink feathers on this one, you suppose. She bobs her head at both of you, addressing you as “Miss” and Arvakl by name. Does she know her? If she is blind, there is a chance that she could have heard the introductions, but in that case, she must have missed your name. For a member of those supposed to have such sharp other senses, she either makes a rather incompetent blind horse, or she’s not blind at all, she just looks like some creature who crawled out of a cave with eyes unused to the light.

You dart a glance at Arvakl—does she recognize this mare? Her face has betrayed no emotion so far however, and you have a feeling that now will be no different. As it is, you don’t offer your name to the newcomer yet. You will wait and see how miss Arvakl handles the situation.

Lauren
Arvakl

This pale unicorn seems to be playing a game as much as I am. Maybe not as much - I love games. The look in her eye hardens - so she caught my sarcasm, eh? Good. She provides her name - Sheba. "Promise." I promise to be an asshole to you. I stifle a giggle, what a funny! She doesn't say anything else, but approaches me just a step at a time. I keep my demure, innocent appearance up, though I'm not sure this Sheba is falling for my disguise.

Out of the darkness of the forest another body appears, interrupting the budding conversation that Sheba and I are having. She is a golden colour but not overwhelming, dappled and beautiful. Hmm.. I could fuck up that beautiful. Could wear those feathers in my mane next to my own pink feather. I'm not sure she would like that. She bobs her head in greeting, and says my name and 'Miss' for the one opposite me. Musta missed her name. Her politeness is well-managed, but clearly practiced. I wonder what sort of rudeness she typically brings along. I give her a once over.

Sheba, Twinkletoes. What? It fits. Twinkletoes greets us but doesn't provide her own name. Not practice enough I think. I stare at them, eyes still warm and smile still fixed in place. But my patience for niceties is wearing thin. I didn't come here to this 'Helovia' for small chat.

Walk. Talk.
@[Aurelia]
I'm so FANCY
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Twinkletoes. You smirk at Pinkie’s nickname for the newcomer—a sharp-tongued thing she is, isn’t she? Delightful. But when the gold and cream mare makes no response, you mentally shrug. If she isn’t going to be any fun, why bother with her? So, without so much as a nod in her direction, you carry on without her. It’s almost as if she isn’t there.

Your eyes meet Arvakl’s again, and as if nothing had interrupted you, you turn the conversation back to the mare’s last response. Though you are less and less inclined to believe that she “just wandered” into this place, if that’s the story she’s giving, you’ll play along. “Well,” you reply lightly, “if wandering is all you seek, I’m afraid that I can’t help you there. I find that it no longer brings me the satisfaction that it did in my youth.” You let the last word linger between the both of you, large brown eyes innocent enough as you gaze at her. But your tone implies that you find her plans boring at best, a pastime best suited to the young and foolish. It is subtle—you doubt that a pretty little thing like Arvakl’s aptly nicknamed Twinkletoes would catch it—but something about this pink lass makes you sure that she will understand the underlying message.

Having made your point, you laugh softly. “All right,” you tell her, “I will leave you to your wandering then, Arvakl.” As you predicted, your accent twists her name; you sound like you’re gargling saltwater. You begin to walk away, tail swishing lazily. It is only when you are a few steps from the edge of the clearing that you turn to regard her over your shoulder. “But,” you inform her quietly, “if you change your mind, perhaps I can show you something more…interesting.” Your gaze locks on hers for a moment, giving her the chance to reconsider. Then you turn again and walk into the trees. Let her come to you if she suddenly decides that she has a taste for a real adventure.

@[Arvakl]

Lauren
Arvakl
I look over at the golden mare. Twinkletoes. Yes, that's what she will be forevermore. (Unless I like her given name better, but I think that's an unlikely outcome.) This Sheba amuses me though. She smirks just as I do - two ladies having a little fun out of the limelight. Not that I'm a fan of mares, I rather hate them. But I can respect a good game of trickery. She clearly sees through my lies - good for her. She's not impressed with them either. With the implication that she is bored out of her mind by my story and has no interest in me anymore, she tells me that wandering is no good for her.

Oh yes, she has definitely called my bluff. Her eyes are innocent, but there's no doubt in my mind that she's playing with me. She turns to leave, and I watch her, not one part of my body or mind interested in following her. She stops though, and offers me an adventure. Now, I have no interest in someone trying to recruit me to a cause. But an adventure... well, I do like a bit of fun. I chortle as she leaves, and it comes out as a raspy sounding cough. I turn one last time to look at Twinkletoes. Cat got her tongue, I guess, and she seems to have just been watching everything going on. Hmm. Well I'm not going to wait around for her to find her voice again.

I walk away from the retreating form of Sheba, and the boring, uninteresting form of Twinkletoes. Adventure or no, I need to find something to munch on first....

Walk. Talk.
OOC: ARVAKL OUT
I'm so FANCY
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread