the Rift

[PRIVATE] Shed no tears (Closed)

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Satanic Silk

It's with joy in my heart that I walk back into my homeland, coming just now from the area just outside the Heart Caves. It is there that I found my sweet love Africa. That reunion was a glorious moment for us and I will certainly never let it from my mind. But of course, finding her means a great change in my life. Is it a full year that has passed since we parted? If not a year, then close. Not so long that I've been in the Falls. I stop toward the border of my current homeland and call out for my king, Midas.

He is like a brother to me, and I owe him a great deal. He's taught me a lesson or two in respect, and saved my life. Of all those I've come across in Helovia, none I respect more or owe more than Midas. And I hope that he understands that I would never want to do anything against his will or to cause him any harm. That being said, I must follow my beloved. I do not know what function she has in the Dragon's Throat herd, but I know that she is living there again. And I will be with her. She asked me to never leave and I never will. Only in this short visit to see my King - ex-King. Though I will be sad to leave Midas, no tears will be shed to go live with the beautiful dapple mare who's stolen my heart.

Walk. Talk.
@[Midas]
hungry for life
Image Credit
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
take away the pain inflicted on me, the hunger you're letting me feed
Love could make a man do funny things, crazy things, hadn’t I learned those lessons firsthoof? And hadn’t they scored a crater size hole in my heart because of it—a wound I mended with lots of distractions. This wasn’t to say that it didn’t still bleed or yearn; sleepless nights were further proof that I was yet mortal, painfully a mound of flesh and bones.

The sky loomed above, wide and beautiful. A seemingly perfect canvas that was unflawed by taint or murk. It was in this peaceful atmosphere that I’d been spending a good deal of my time, and here that dark ears caught wind of Silk’s voice vibrating across the valley. We didn’t have more than a mile separating us, direction shifted toward his beckoning vocals and within a few minutes we were face to face.

“Hail!” I called down to my brother that stood on the threshold of his home, “Pleasant day to ye!” Feathers spread wide and beat strongly; I was enjoying the fullness of wind. They thrust hard, purposely keeping this flesh aloft, obviously with only the intention of a momentary greeting and perhaps a word on reports from the outer lands. I was clueless of his purpose for remaining on the outside and of his lust for Africa, though I’d been aware of previous affections the stud had for said desert lass. Africa, the dear woman was like a little sister to me—just another of my family that I’d traded for the forked tongues.

Table by Neo, Art by Dark

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Satanic Silk

I can smell his scent on the wind as he approaches, and in the clear skies his painted form is not hard to distinguish. I wait for him to approach. It doesn't take him very long, but it seems like hours. Being apart from her is harder than I thought it would be. Silly, perhaps, like lovestruck teenagers, but I can't help it. I wonder if she is feeling the same was as I am now, waiting for me to return to her side. I said we would never be apart, but here I am without her. I pang of guilt fills me, but it ebbs as I realize that is mission may be faster if I am alone.

Midas does not land before me, but instead hovers in the air, his mighty wings pumping to keep him in just one spot above the ground. I feel like I should tell him to pull up a chair and have a seat, and a small grin passes over my face. I am like the rogue, difficult child, delivering my dad the news that I've gotten a girl pregnant and we're running off to get married. Close enough! Oi...

Midas! I call up to him in a deep baritone voice. A genuine smile spreads over my face; I'm pleased to see him. Of course, I wish that I had better news for him. Midas.... I start, unsure of how to tell him this news. Best to just be blunt about it. I found Africa, and I am joining her in the Throat.

Walk. Talk.
@[Midas]
hungry for life
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
The reason behind this calling became painfully obvious only moments after our reunion. I visibly stiffened when Silk announced that he was leaving this place—leaving me behind to deal with the repercussions of leadership. Brows drew themselves together and my previous smile faded into a dimmer grin; Silk had become a trusted brother to me and I valued his wisdom…considering I still lacked the majority of friends in this place.

His departure would leave me one less soul that could be relied upon.

Wings slowed their steady beat, each thrust growing shallower as I dipped toward the ground. Hindfeet first brushing the soil below, body lowered easily and gently. Concerned pools shifted to his, “Thee is free to travel to her, and though it grieves me to see ye go…I grant ye my blessing.” Satanic Silk had the freedom to do as his heart demanded; perhaps if I’d had the strength to travel to Ktulu when she’d bid me—our fate would have turned out differently. We couldn’t send the shadow of the sun in reverse any more than I could step backwards though time.

I tried to smile wider and succeeded in only stifling my sadness with a soft smirk, “Thank ye, for your service.” He’d grown so much and there was more yet to be seasoned into his skull, Dragon’s Throat was good at molding rouge stallions into fine young men of worth. I had every confidence that this fellow would do the world fine—perhaps even sire more like him.

Satanic Silk

I never saw myself as the romantic, loving type. I came to Helovia as an arrogant asshole, looking to make my way and show everyone up in the process. Clearly I've changed. As I watch Midas land before me, I can't help but think that the situation I'm now in is uncharted territory. Having another male that I care about like a brother, a female that I love with all my heart. Who could have guessed this is where I'd end up? Midas lands delicately, and his sadness at my imminent departure is tangible, as much as he tries to hide it.

The painted stallion grants us his blessing, and I feel my heart swell and warm. Though I had not asked for it, without it I would have felt incomplete, like a disappointment to this great parental figure. A parental figure I never thought I'd have. He thanks me for my service and now the smile that is on my face saddens a little, too. You are more than a leader, more than a friend to me. Being around Africa has been making me into an even bigger softie, it seems. You are like my brother. It's not just service, Midas. Whenever you call, I'll be there. I reach my nose out to him, wanting to somehow physically communicate the brotherly affection I feel.

Walk. Talk.

hungry for life
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Midas
His omission tugs at my heart in a painful way—I smile, though the grin comes as more of a grimace. Muzzle extends and ebony brushes across ebony to solidify our bond, he had grown into a trustworthy friend and brother, I didn’t doubt his vow to come whenever aid was necessary. There were only a few that could be so readily counted upon, “Ye will always have a home here.” I whispered, knowing that Satanic didn’t need to be told what we both already knew.

“Fly straight brother, may ye grow stronger still.” I withdrew and pushed out a genuine sigh of contentment. Nothing was ever certain, bonds broke, lands changed, magic faded and our lives were blown out by the simplest of disasters. My parents, mentor, leaders, they had all eventually left me alone in this world. A mate and child could do just the same; I had claimed three offspring in this short life. One born from blood, one from a mating that failed, and another from the grief and misfortune of his true dame and sire.

There was one thing that remained, the bonds I held with various fellows. Most of them born as soldiers. Those alliances had been woven from a different cloth, we had seen blood spill upon the sand; heard the groan of death and felt hot sweat cake our bodies. We trained together, joked about life and death—taught each other wisdom. Warriors and their brethren were created from some of the most unbreakable threads.

Satanic Silk
We touch muzzles, and the contact solidifies the feelings that are swirling inside me. He pulls back, and I do, too. I hope only that he will be content. As I hear him sigh, I hope that perhaps that is true. If I could stay here with him, I would. But I must be with her. There is no doubt in my mind that that is my true path. Were it not so, I would stay in the Falls, loyal to my brother and king. I take satisfaction in believing that he knows this is true. He knows Africa even better than I do, certainly longer. He may understand how I feel - he has loved before. Whatever his feelings, I remind myself that I will have to see him again soon and see how he is doing. Though I can see the sadness on his face, he is strong for me, like a parent encouraging his child to leave the nest. After all, I have followed Midas through the darkness and after. Now that I've found Africa, I'm striking out on my own for the first time really since I came to Helovia. I'm sure that spunky kid is still somewhere inside me, but at the moment I am much tamer, with a dollop of wisdom shoved inside my cranium. Thank goodness for Midas. Without him I would have been a loose whirlwind in this big land.

He gives me parting words of godspeed and strength. I bow my head to him one last time, respectful of the great stallion that I know and care for. Thank you Midas. His words touch me, and I take them to heart, promising myself that I will remember them and do him proud. I will see you again. Soon.

I allow for him to pass along any last farewell before spreading my wings. I take a few steps back to give myself room, and I pump the massive leather against the air. Most of it catches, with a few wisps sliding through the tatters in the material. A few seconds later, I'm secure in the air, and am heading toward the desert that I first called home. My first home. My new home. My Africa's home. My Africa.

Walk. Talk.

hungry for life
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Midas
He would be alright. I lingered until the lad had trailed back into heaven, tilting crown toward his direction and watching as the southern tip swallowed his pitch black frame. Home. Gaze shifted, turning toward the overhanging cliffs and distant thundering of water—the rocks and water had become my haven. But I’d never forget the love of sand that ran though this blood of mine, much like a child never forgot the valleys and hills that he ran in wobbly gallops. Earth had chosen well in this, waiting until I’d matured into a stallion of true worth before calling upon me to guide his family into a better world. A world that some of them had denied with pitched head bent toward gashing my ears off.

Still. I remained, Seele remained, and we would fight for this family no matter who walked from its cliffs to seek elsewhere. No matter the threat and pressure received from traitors or basin wolves. It was prideful boasting to say I’d dealt with thrice times ten the threat before. Satanic Silk would make a fine warrior and I had to trust that our friendship and brotherhood would stand a test in time—and that his bond with Africa could turn into a true mating. She deserved that much, Africa needed some small measure of happiness and sanctuary in her life. From the gangly youth I’d met on the heavenly hills, to a time when we both wept for the loss of flight. I couldn’t be more proud.

“Goodbye, Satanic Silk.” Feathers opened, spreading to heaven in a powerful arch. I lunged toward the mountain and caught a warm updraft to send this body rocketing over the lip.