the Rift

[OPEN] Home to Roost [Bellona, Acceptance]

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin

Another question to ignore- what idiots? You know, you suppose that Rainbow might not actually be so bad except that she keeps asking things. But she's got a fighter's spirit and you've always been able to appreciate that so you'll let it slide... this time. But, for the third time today, you also ignore her question because the answer is still that you don't know. Whatever idiots led that land before- because you're sure they're idiots- was never revealed to you in any conversation. And the fools that lead it now... well, you have no idea what their names are either. Golden Asshole. Glass Horn. Something like that. Good enough.

Of course, you are thoroughly amused at having finally gotten the peahen to rouse herself to anger. Creating chaos is always so much more fun than fostering peace. And though you would not outwardly label her a warrior if someone asked, you can see the start of a battle-minded creature hidden beneath vibrant feathers. Her nasty words that follow only cause you to chuckle and shift your weight, still pondering- until she descends upon you, that is. Raising your head and snorting, you back a step away while bobbing your nose up and down. Too close, too sudden... You gather your wits about you while she inspects you.

Still trying to make head or tails of what she has said about demanding as she sees fit, you're assaulted with a new question. What gives you the right? That one you know. You're bigger, you're stronger, you're smarter. Or at least you think so. Only battle would tell but now is not the time. More words are being spoken, you must will your hazy mind to focus. In the end, you are bemused. Does she know that you strive for something greater than wandering uselessly about the plains? You furrow your brow, having just considered the fact that she may have some sort of mind infiltrating magic... But no, surely you would have felt such a presence... right?

Lowering your head and horns so that they are of equal height to hers, you lean forward just a little too close, daring to invade her personal space. “You will owe me and when I call for your services you will repay me. Come on.” Even you're not entirely sure what you're talking about, but it's never bad to be owed a favor anyways.

*traveling to the Falls*

As you finally arrive upon the borders, you offer a brusque introduction. “It's called the Hidden Falls now.” You don't bother to look back or see what sort of reaction she has- she'll take it or leave it because it was her stupid demand that got her here in the first place. Screaming out obnoxiously, you wait for somebody more “important” than you to arrive on the scene and declare the peahen fit for life here in the Falls. As if you couldn't do it yourself. You snort in dissatisfaction with half a mind to just drag her into the place anyways. But not yet- there's no point in ruining what little bit of trust they might have for you.

@[Bellona]- Just continuing this at the Falls as it seemed like the best option, hope you don't mind!

Image credits
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
BELLONA
Where she had once been concerned of the shire's lack of conviction, the bird can now be assured that her worry is for naught. Her direct ascent towards the giant has finally caused him to stir, and the nasty maiden is enthralled to find that her heartbeat has quickened in excitement. The thrill of the chase is pulling her into its unrelenting grasp, preventing her from perceiving the bay's laughter in a negative tone.

Normally a quiet creature, the peahen succumbs to the joyous chaos that her mind has become, allowing her feathers to flare up and pulsate in time with the beat of her heart. Has she finally found someone that she is willing to plot with? Someone who is deserving of prying into her deceptive mind, and sharing in her elaborate thoughts? But that is the extent of her celebration, for the bear's words have caused her usual brutal self to breach the surface of her pool of emotions.

You will learn soon enough that I only owe who I wish to owe. It is a silent threat that she is not quite ready to make, although she has a fierce desire to put the brute in his place. The hybrid is far too cunning to dive into such dangerous waters, however. There will come a time when the unicorn's demands will not be met by the bird, but she has a mind to keep her only ally. The pair of them still have much to discuss.

Postponing that conversation for another day -- perhaps when the bear has sobered? -- the peahen spreads her wings and launches herself towards the heavens, wrenching her tail free from the bush that has captured it. Just because her new companion has to struggle through the purple-tinted field does not mean that she has to suffer.

+ After a long, and perilous journey to the Falls... +

The bird has reacquainted herself with her land-bound guide, her wings tucked in neatly at her vibrant sides. She has taken in as much of the scenery as she can in an attempt to imprint any important landmarks on her mind. Too many days have been wasted in search of this very place, and the chieftess has no intention in throwing away any more of her time. It has been moons since she has last taken part in battle, and she fears that if she is to be challenged now she may not be capable of defending herself. Perhaps it will be best to turn away from spars for a time, or at least until the warrior regains her prowess.

It is weakness to win the war yet flee the battle. Alecto's words ring clearly through her cranium, and Bellona is disgusted with herself for entertaining the idea of denying any challenge. It is simply against her nature. Gods do not cower in fear when they think they have lost. My people did not flinch at the thought of death when they chose to protect me.

The peahen's eyes burn like the flare of the sun on that day. Even the briefest of memories can cause her blood to boil. It is a good feeling, this rage, but she has no need to be angry now. The Addict has brought her to the Falls, and he has already announced their arrival.

Her orange stare scrutinizes the area, taking in the lush green foliage and mist-stricken air surrounding them. The spray from the barely-visible waterfall ahead of the waiting beasts carries the broken image of a rainbow, but the maiden does not welcome it. It is far too hot for the moisture to be appreciated, and the humidity of the air makes the bird's feathers droop. The scenery is lovely to look at, but there is no comfort to be found from the illusion.

What a suitable residence for those with brutality hidden beneath beauty.

Walking "Talking"
Image Credit

@[Rostislav] @[literallyanyoneelseXD]

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
Rostislav

Coming back from the meeting in the Basin, I feel a little less than cheerful. All this "No I don't wanna be your friend" and "You'll regret it" business can be very exhausting on a poor old man like myself. Not that I'm that old. I'm really not. I CAN STILL GIVE YOU A GOOD TIME DAMNIT. I groan - the alcohol is not doing its job as well as it should. Or maybe it's doing it too well. My mind's ability to work properly is definitely compromised, but I can still feel the pain in my wounds from my spar with Elsa. They're getting better, healing into scars, but the bruise on my chest is still very much real, and it hurts to walk.

In the distance, near the border, I see two figures. I pick up an awkward, unbalanced lope, swerving a few times on my way. Damaris runs easily behind me, picking out the straight path in my curvy one. As I approach, I start laughing this awkward, gurgly laugh. I nearly fall over - I'm too drunk to be loping and laughing at the same time. SOBER UP MAN YOU GOT SHIT TO DO. I try to yell at myself but I'm not sure it's going to have much effect. There before me, as I pull up a halt in front of them, are Oxy and some.. thing. Oxy, my frenemy, looks volatile and threatening. Good for him. He could probably kick my ass if it ever came down to it, but I'm not afraid of him. Then next to him is a mare. A very, very strange mare. In fact, she might not be all equine. I stare at her for awhile. She's got peacock feathers on her back, and some mighty strange coloring. All over.

Oxy. I greet him first because I know him. And... Miss. Welcome to the Falls. Is she a new recruit? Is she HIS new recruit? Well that will screw up everything, won't it? Unless we can be friends? Maybe? Come on Oxy, whad'ya say? Damaris sits at my feet, thumping her tail upon the ground as she stares entirely at the strange peacock lady standing there before us. I'm not sure she knows what to make of the hybrid either. That makes two of us...

Walk. Talk.

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
Maybe someone should stop hanging around the north part of the lands and get down near the border! I snapped at her, not pleased at all with my daughter. She needed to do more work. She needed to build up her muscles again - be the assassin I had trained her to be. So, with a snort of distaste at my commands she broke into an easy trot. Her legs hips swaying in graceful mannerisms until she arrived nearer the border. And, when she finally got there she allowed her frame to pull out from under the waterfall and into the open.

Hair just barely damp from her manevours around the waterfall, only getting the spray upon her coat as she looks at the drunk, the high one, and this new Pfau. A grimace slides across her maw as I groan in her head about the strangeness of those she calls family.

A short laugh escapes her maw, "Oxy found someone who didn't mind his presence I see?" A smirk replaced the grimace as she flicked her forelock from her eyes and began to take a look over Pfau. "Pfau, what would you like from us? A home? Or are you simply here because Süchtige wants a playtoy?" she questions, tilting her head. There were plenty of jobs that were needed here - like the spies. They were severely lacking and more of them could be trained to be assassins. Yes, that's what we needed. More assassins -then I would be proud.

She does not offer her name, nor do I prod her to offer her name or title. That will wait until she knows what it is they want to do here. After all, I'm not really in the mood for games…

Normal
Voices
"Speech"

Pfau - peacock
Süchtige - addict
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin

You give half a glance to the peahen behind you, watching her reaction to your home more for knowledge's sake rather than curiosity. However, she does not seem particularly impressed with what you have shown her. To be honest, you're not all that impressed with it either. Lots of the horses seem to call it beautiful or lovely, give it some sort of qualifier that imply that it is a good place. When you arrived here, you promptly called it ugly. That said, many of the inhabitants have made it as ugly a place as you perceived it to be. Half of them aren't worth the oxygen they waste and the other half... crazy.

Speaking of crazy...

Your alcohol consuming herd-mate arrives and any sort of good mood you might have been enjoying flies out the window. The mere sight of him sends you to grumbling and glowering, shifting and swaying and wanting to fight. You don't like him. You don't have have an exact reason, you've actually never spent more than a moment or two talking to him and none of those words have ever been nice and yet... you have no desire to befriend him. Whatever your reasons, they are your own. “Drunk,” you respond curtly to him, stamping your shodden rear hoof to the ground.

Just to mock you, perhaps, your wispy boggart flits down and attempts to wisp about the pup's whiskers, in an endeavor to cajole the hound into a game. She briefly morphs into the image of a miniature cat running away from the pup before becoming invisible once again, hoping that Damaris will follow her in a strange game of tag.

You are just opening your mouth to bark some awful command at your companion when the lady Glass Horn arrives from behind the waterfall. You turn your glowering gaze to her and snort. She is still not in your good graces and never has been. Still, for the sake of appearances and keeping your identity as a dissenter among their ranks intact, you remain silent. You have half a mind to magic her into anger, get her to steal your soul again... But another time. She was not so pleased with last time you attempted that, and you will not be kicked out of this herd now. Not when you're so close...

@[Bellona]- Just continuing this at the Falls as it seemed like the best option, hope you don't mind!

Image credits
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Hidden Account
BELLONA
They flock to the unlikely trio of comrades like birds to seed, and the lean figure of the winged maiden sways as she shifts her hooves. It has been so long since she was last in the presence of a crowd, and her only memories of the people that reside here are of a purple lady, a wolf boy, and a clumsy tiger. As the warrior's orange eyes take in the figures that have approached her, her lips draw tight in disappointment. Although she is indifferent to their company -- she almost welcomes it, strangely enough -- the color-stained mare cannot help but frown at the lack of uniqueness before her. The woman with the glass horn is interesting to look at, but the chieftess finds the notion of summing up any form of respect for her inconceivable. The petite unicorn's movements are precise and her gait is quipped; it is either a sign of frailty or vanity, and the brutish lady has no interest in befriending such a pathetic specimen.

The peahen is just about to display her distaste for the blood-dusted vixen when she speaks. Pfau. What the hell does that mean? She casts an uncertain glance towards the mountainous bay at her side to find that his expression has not changed. If the bear cannot move himself to greet his herdmates, then the bird will do the same.

Now that the other mare has captured her attention -- for she has settled on completely ignoring the male with the twisted horns -- Bellona parts her sapphire lips to snap at her with a toss of her head, "I may not know what your words mean, but I can assure you that my intolerance stops there. I am no one's play thing." The restless bird wrenched her head back down from the sky and snorted, hoping to get the point -- and perhaps a bit of mucous -- across.

She is no mood to piss off any herdmates today, however, and so the hybrid prevents herself from provoking any further feelings of distaste.If the peahen has learned anything from her encounter with Oxy it is that looks can be deceiving. The bird rolls her wings back in a casual shrug. Maybe Iohuitzin has something more behind that mask of hers? Besides, she knew better than to turn down her offer. She has already denied such a proposal once before.

"It is a home that I seek, yes. And I assume that you will want something in return for that?" Her feathers twitch at the observation; it has become almost a nervous tick, or perhaps even a form of punctuation, when she speaks. "I have nothing more than that which lies beneath my hide. I left a land that drowned in blood. And I helped add to the waters that choked the life from it."

It is only a brief account of the maiden's history and it does not do it justice, but it is also the first time she has ever spoken aloud about it. Her heart quickens at the thought of Arto and the life that she once had; her feathers droop at the images of her family and those who served them. But she does not allow grief to snuff out the flame of their memory. She will not drown in her sorrow as her ancestors drowned in the River of Souls.

Now is not a time to show weakness. Now is a time to live on.

Steeling herself against the questioning stares that are sure to follow, the brightly-hued maiden forces her amber stare into the other woman's yellow one. "Although it looks as if I have nothing, I can assure you that I have plenty. As long as there is a heart to stoke the flames of my fury, I will fight." A broad appendage shifts to beat against her red breast, testifying that there is indeed a heart still in there. "I am a warrior. Make use of me." While I will let you.

{Iohuitzin- "his little dagger"; roughly translating to "little dagger"}

Walking "Talking"
Image Credit

@[Rostislav] @[Seele] @[Oxy]

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!

Rostislav
No one here seems to be interested in giving me an ounce of respect. You know what, fuck all of you. Seele pulls up next to me and I give her an appreciative glance. I haven't seen much of her since.. well.. whenever. It's nice to see her around, even if she's stealing my thunder. Oxy is up to no good, of course, and seems to think it is just good sport being an ass. Though, I do the same to him. He calls me a drunk.. well, at least that's accurate. I want to call him a name back (stoner, also accurate), but I've already greeted him and I don't want to be repetitive.

Oxy's companion - a boggart? - swirls around Damaris and tries to entice her into a game. She falls for it and yips, chasing the boggart around. I smile down at her. At least she enjoys this, and enjoys it much more than I am enjoying it. I turn my attention back to the pair of equines. I thought the new peahen type lady might be a nice addition, but her attitude is less than kind. She completely ignores me, and I glare at her. She claims herself to be a warrior, which would make me her warrior leader. I have no intention of having an asshole as an underling - I already have one of those. Oxy the Stoner. I snarl quietly and speak more.

I am one of the Legatus who lead our troops. Your name? My voice is graveling and grouchy. Of course it's gonna sound like I'm speaking up just to get noticed. And maybe I am. But ignoring me is well.. kinda pisses me off. I want to say something else, but can't decide what that should be. Fuck it.

Walk. Talk.
@[Seele]
Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Abba
She shuffles her feet, taking in the glowering that she receives from Oxy. It doesn't phase her though, as she simply turns to give a gentle nod to the 'drunk'. Really, I would definitely call it true, and I had no clue how our Legatus got crowned. But, that didn't matter at the moment - what mattered was the new recruit possibly standing at the door.

A deadpan laugh escapes Seele's mouth as the mare assures her that she is no one's plaything. "Pfau means peacock, and since I've yet to learn your name I believe it to be fitting." A gentle snort escapes her maw before she allowed a sinister looking thing to place upon her maw - somewhere between a grimace and a grin. I seriously needed to teach her how to smirk, because this wasn't working. Maybe it even looked more like a growl? I didn't know - all I knew was it looked a bit more sinister than was actually necessary. "And good - someone who can possibly put Oxy in his place. You'll fit in well,"

There is a casual shrug along the Pfau's frame before the soils of her past were allowed to fall from her mouth. Intelligent too. Perhaps she could be of use then. Carefully, I prod Seele forward at the next few words, locking her gaze upon the Pfau's. And, as the appendage presses against the mare's chest, the grimace/grin only widens. I can tell, though, that our Legatus is not pleased. He should understand that the two daemonic mares would like to get along. Alas, perhaps he won't. He states his purpose, and asks for her name, and then Seele speaks up. "Should you have more grace then our resident Süchtige, I might be able to use you in intelligence," there is a pause as she looks her over again, "Alas, if you wish to start out assisting in the training of our troops - and of yourself - then feel free. If my offer sounds to be of any interest, we can work on the side in preparing you for what a spy might be," Her consonants harsh, sharp and definitely crisp enough to slice into something. Perfection, as I had taught her, was the only thing accepted.

Normal
Voices
"Speech"

LOLOL. Seele can't figure out how to smile, and is such a creeper ;3
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Hidden Account
BELLONA
Her mountainous companion chooses to remain silent, and so the bright creation chooses to take it upon herself to proceed with the conversation. An orange gaze snaps onto a milky one, and although the warrior yearns to anger the stag, she allows her name to slide off her tongue. ""Bellona. From Arto." The glass-horned vixen had given her a nickname that she is none too fond of keeping; it is best to get rid of it right away.

Again the foreign word reaches her harks, and the members dance across her skull at the memory of it. Peacock. She has never heard of such a creature, except for when the striped stallion had labelled her as one as well. Why do people insist on calling me that? The thoughts are more bewildered than they are annoyed. My people are born like this. We do not resemble others. They resemble us. A green tail slaps against a colorful hide as the bird bites back a retort. It already looks as if she has angered one horned beast, and she has no desire to upset another. Quite the opposite, in fact.

At the mention of fitting in, the feisty vixen decides that she likes this blood splattered fae. She shows her new appreciation for the like-minded woman with a flick of her feathers. Let her interpret that action as she sees fit.

""What do you mean? Do you not have a clan full of warriors, with the odd healer?" The dynamics of her old tribe seemed to differ greatly from this one's. ""As intrigued as I am, I am unfamiliar with your spies." Her words are not so harsh as they are usually, for the maiden is genuinely interested in what the white-masked unicorn has to say. An orange stare flickers to the bay, trying to read his reaction as for what he makes of this offer. She cannot gain any information from his expression, causing her mood to darken. Are they not allies now? Isn't he supposed to help her?

Deciding that she doesn't need his opinion in regards to choosing her future, the peahen goes on to state, ""I have trained as a warrior all of my life, but my mother was the Oracle for our tribe. She taught me the skills that are required to reach out to spirits." The maiden mulls over her words for a moment, tossing her head to move her hair from out of her eyes. The warm air is starting to make it stick to her face, and it is not comfortable. Is it shameful to tell her I have lost contact with the spirits? That I have been unable to do so since I came to these lands?

Her words settle the matter for themselves." "But it has been many moons since I have done so. I am not sure I will be able to do it again." There. Half the truth. " "Other than those two skills, I know nothing else. Healing was not something I enjoyed. I preferred to make a reason for healing."

A wicked smile dances across her lips at that statement, and the beauty shrugs her wings again. ""As I said earlier, use me as you see fit. As long as I can continue to battle, I think I will be willing to aid with your intelligence."

{So rushed, I'm sorry! It's late, and I wanted to get this up! Sevin skyped me saying I can skip Oxy. @[Rostislav]}

Walking "Talking"
Image Credit

@[Rostislav] @[Seele]

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!

Rostislav
Of course none of this is going how I might have imagined. First of all, Oxy is here. Second of all, this mare Bellona seems to be an asshole. At least to me. Third of all, and the most obnoxious of these, is the newest development. Seele asks her to be spy, and the peahen accepts! For fuck's sake, I don't even need to BE HERE then! Damaris scratches a paw at my leg, complaining about my piss poor attitude. I stand silently as the two mares exchange words, and find that I am less and less happy to be here. Oxy stays quiet, which surprises me. Doesn't he have some smartass reply to give, especially toward me? Don't mistake my surprise for disappointment; I'm grateful that he keeps his big trap shut. The wickedness that dances around Bellona the Peahen is nearly tangible, and with a quick glance at Seele I can only imagine the fun these two might have together. Perhaps it is best that she becomes a spy instead of a warrior. I have no desire to be bossing around someone who loathes me on sight, and I'm sure that Seele could use more spies. Better for them, and better for me.

After a few seconds of zero brain activity, it dawns on me that I don't actually need to be here anymore. My body groans as I awaken it, moving to say my farewell to all present. Oxy - a gruff nod. I'll be polite today, but don't read anymore into it. At first I think I will give Bellona the same, but she receives a more sarcastic bow instead. Suck it, princess. And finally to my queen, a more sincere bow of my skull. I shall leave you then, as I see I am no longer needed. I send a quick glance at Oxy, daring him to make a snarky response. Oxy, Bellona, my Queen... until next time. I turn tail and begin my journey to wherever is not here, Damaris trailing me at an easy trot. I don't care where I'm going, as long as it's somewhere not dealing with whatever that shindig turned into.

Walk. Talk.

OOC: Wuuut.. legit falling asleep as I'm writing this. Rosti out <3 xoxo
@[Seele]
Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Abba
The mare speaks. Finally, a name given. Still, though, it was obvious Seele had no qualms against the use of Pfau. It was a lovely name for a creature so full of colour, and it probably would have been used even if she had not resembled one. Alas, it didn’t matter for it seems as though she did not enjoy the name with the flick of her tail.

And, with the flick of her feather's Seele's half-smile half-grimace only widens. The mare asks about the clan of warriors, an odd healer. And with a snort Seele only shakes her head. "We may only have an odd healer, but we have Warriors, Masons (those who build our creations from rock), Sneaks, and our Storyteller (who converses with the Gods). As for the spirits - I am the Necromancer. I can speak to the dead souls of just about any whom you may miss." There is a pause as Rostislav seems to get too anxious to stay there. It was his gracious bow, though, which kept him in her good graces. "Stay well, Rostislav," she offers at my prodding to keep our Legatuses relatively happy.

So, she turned her attention back to Bellona. "It requires attention to detail - the desire for knowledge and the ability to keep it. You see, we must have information if we want to fight. Mainly because we should not waste our warriors on frivolous things. You may still fight as much as you wish - keep your training up. In fact, I encourage you to spar with the other sneaks, to raise their levels. It is important that everyone stay fit. If you have more questions you may find me later."

She turns on her haunches and starts to head back towards the covering of the mists. "This way into the lands. I am Seele… Necromancer, and one of the leaders" she explained before disappearing behind the waterfall and allowing her voice to be all that was left in the tower of stairs. "Make yourself comfortable - and get to know some people. Not all of them bite," and then she was gone, moving up the stairs briskly and down into the Falls herd before disappearing off into the trees without another sound.

Normal
Voices
"Speech"

@[Bellona] One more post from you and thread is done - then you can find Seele again if you'd like more info to be explained, etc.
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Hidden Account
BELLONA
The bird has to suppress a contemptuous retort as she watches the mangy stallion turn and leave. Her hard stare rakes across his departing figure as she tries to make up her mind about the horned beast. He has not impressed her so far, and so she places him in the steadily growing ranks of those she is indifferent to. If she is to have no reason to loathe him, then the warrior will foster her ambition elsewhere. That sarcastic bow of his will do him no favors however, and the battle-lusting maiden will punish him for his disrespect.No one asked for you to be here anyway, she remarks silently to his retreating form.

The petite unicorn's dark tones touch her ears again, and the peahen looks down at the woman to hear her speak. She is listing off the duties and ranks of those who live here, and although the Chieftess takes in this information, she is disinterested in its contents. A spark embeds itself in her colored walls when Iohuitzin speaks of spirits. The hybrid stores this slice of knowledge in her cranium to be used later. Even if she cannot speak with them in person, perhaps this fae can bridge the gap between the beauty and her ancestors. She pushes the thought aside for now, no matter how much it begs for her attention. Just give me what I'm here for.

As soon as the blood-dusted woman confirms that she may fight, even encouraging it, the brightly-hued bird is sold. "I think you may find me suiting of this position, Necromancer." And I have questions for you later. The stress on the unicorn's title is not meant to be disrespectful, but instead it is meant to show respect. There are not many who have earned it from her before, and especially not in such a small span of time. Seele did offer her home to a stranger though, and as much as the peahen refuses to show it, she is grateful for that. This land is far too foreign for her to be seeking refuge elsewhere; at least for now.

The hybrid watches the vixen as she descends the stairway and disappears from sight. She considers conversing with the stag that has brought her here, but she owes him nothing for his actions, even if he seems to think so. Nevertheless, the maiden turns an ear to him to acknowledge his presence, offering only a snort as a way to say goodbye. There will be plenty of time for the two to speak later, but for now the bird is content to just be. The lonely creature is not so lonely any more.

It is without another word that Bellona follows after the horned mare, her feathers trailing after her as she moves.

{Complete.}

Walking "Talking"
Image Credit

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!