the Rift

[PRIVATE] better run, better run

Chernobyl Posts: 134
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: Nine | Tallsun HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Psilo
[Image: 50c3cfe45dfd7]

Chernobyl

She slipped away under the night sky – lit up by purples, blues, pinks and greens. The illuminated dust rolls under a cheshire smiling moon, making the feathers tightly tangled in her mane glow and reflect a billion (slight exaggeration) iridescent colors. She moves away from the caves, the hot springs, Ulrik’s bronze guard and all the rest. Faces turn to watch her leave but she pays them little heed, slithering through the brambles and branches.

She aches for something, for someone. It has been that way since she’d disappeared and now she was ready to quench the thirst.

Murdock.

She set forth ahead to the frosted peaks just below the highest cliffs on this side of the Steppe. She moves far from the secret entrance of the Basin, she may ache for her winged lover (oh dear, it’s serious), but her ache will not blind her from treason. She will not dare be responsible for showing an outsider the gates, regardless of who they may be. Loyalty is not what she thinks about now though, he is all that greases the cogs of her ever turning mind at this very moment under a blanket of stars and bright colors.

She perches amongst the spiny stones looking out over part of the vastness that is the Steppe. As she expected he is not here, readily waiting for her return. She calls out, loud, cracking like thunder across the open fields of patchy frosts. This night is particularly warm in the hillocks of the Steppe. Small patches of grazing and shelter, but mostly snow and frostbitten moss spread across the rocks she waits among. She calls again, this time her whinny is drawn and followed by a repetitive nickering. She’ll do these calls several more times throughout the night before finally giving up and letting herself drift to sleep if he does not show up.

But oh, I'm staring at the mess I made
As you turn, you take your heart and walk away

@[Murdock]

crushed and filled with all I found
underneath and inside, just to come around
more, give me more, give me more

pixel is by RELI<3

• Feel free to magic on her, but no murder.

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

It is a calm night; the sort of night that would usually find Murdock hundreds of feet above the ground, surfing the tops of low, wispy clouds and bathing in the pale light of the moon. Such energy does not find him now, however. He walks along the smooth surface of the Steppe, as he has done countless times before, glowing hooves slipping softly across the snow. The heat of summer chased him from the forests and fields he has haunted for many months now, driving him north towards somewhere familiar and comfortable. The cold bites through his thin coat, searing the tender flesh of his muzzle when the bitter wind picks up, but it is not enough to send him away.

Fond memories linger here like the snow that so stubbornly refuses to melt, despite the heat of the season. In places, the ice has been burned away by the light of the sun, revealing pale grasses and a chalky earth below, but still the land is encased in frost. The Steppe is not so unlike the home he’d had before, save its flatness, which is very much the opposite of the cliffs of his birthplace. Perhaps, if it was not regularly crawling with the unicorns of the Basin, this is the place he would make his home. But the danger is too great, and the risk not worth the powdery snowdrifts and dense, crisp air.

Nonetheless, it has become a regular haunt of his. Time and time again under the cover of night he has slipped beneath the shadows of the mountains to take in the fullness of the sky, the brightness of the moon, and the colours dancing in space. It makes him feel small again, so insignificant compared to all that exists around him when he is so used to seeing the world from above. It is so humbling in nature that tonight he finds himself immersed in the endless winter once more, searching for himself among dark cliffs and jagged ice as if he might find all that he has lost hidden beneath some stone.

Her voice is haunting and shrill like the call of a raven. It startles him from his reverie, lost in studying the heavenly lights that danced like ribbons in the sky. Instantly, he freezes, searching the emptiness of the Steppe for the source of the song. He knows it is her voice. No part of him could ever forget the even tones of her speech, the sound of her laughter, the pain of her cry. Desperately he searches for her, twisting about in the snow until his heels leave deep wounds in its smooth surface. She calls out again, and blindly he runs toward the sound, wings held tightly to his sides as his stiff legs pull him faster through the brisk air.

Chernobyl.

Certainly, this is not real. She cannot truly be here. She cannot truly be standing before him, separated from shadows by the glow of the northern lights across her back and the luminescent feathers in her mane. Surely she is just another ghost conjured up by the wildness of his imagination and the pain of his loss. Wordlessly he slows as he moves toward her, his heart a war of emotions that have chased words from his lips. Disbelief settles upon his face as he comes to a halt before her, inches from her dark face and the horn that so threateningly rises from her forehead. “You cannot be real,” he breathed, searching the endless depth of her black eyes for confirmation.

How many winters had passed since last they had been together? How many miserable days had he spent alone in the darkness since their final goodbye, praying to whatever Gods may pity him to return her to his side? Too many. He couldn’t bear the thought that this apparition before him could be some trick of his mind, but how could she have truly returned? What had changed her mind and brought her back to him? “Tell me you are really here,” he held her gaze evenly, every muscle in his body quivering for fear that she would dissipate into the darkness before his very eyes. Tell me you are never going to leave.

"talk talk talk"

If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?

Image Credit
x

Psilo
[Image: 53b89df1e40f7]

Chernobyl

You cannot be real” his sharp voice murmurs over the wind and her chest twists into a melted pile of relief. She cannot remember a moment like this ever, not even in her dreams when she finds her sister again. Her skin becomes hot and cold at the same time; her bones feeling like swampy earth is suddenly breaking beneath her. “Oh but I am, my Murdock,” She straightens herself to face him, a smile adorning her soft black muzzle. “I am very real…” She purrs to him, advancing a few slow, dragging steps. She reaches out to him as if desperate for his touch, her lips stretching tightly to gobble him up as soon as he moved into her affectionate nuzzle. “I am here, come closer; I have pained for you ever since that last time, my Murdock.” Breathing in softly and then exhaling onto whichever part of him she manages to touch (nose, face, cheek whatever).

I doubt I will be departing again, not without you anyway.” She cannot ever promise him completely and honestly that she will stay, but she’s sure he knows that – no need to rub it in.

The Steppe is eerily quiet aside from them and their beating hearts, their entwined breathing against the bitter wind. She watches him with her dark eyes, unblinking and reflecting the solar cascade of colors waving above their heads. The mare declares she will not peel her gaze away, so steadily she keeps her promise to herself; searching his eyes for anything she can see. “I’ve just missed you so very much.” The words fall heavily from her hardened mouth, it’s not every day she feels something (or anything) for someone…

beh, not my bestwork, but still, i can't get enough of these friggin two xD
i'm tagging you because i took forever, sorry honey. @[Murdock]

pixel is by RELI<3

Gaz

It had been so long since he had seen her, so long since he had been able to look into her eyes that he had forgotten what it was like. He had forgotten what it felt like to stand near her, to know she was close to him and he was not alone. Her voice was like music to him, a sound he had not heard in so long that he thought he had to be dreaming. Could she truly have returned? He studied her face, breathless and lost in the depths of her eyes as she stepped closer to him.

He didn’t hesitate as she drew closer, reaching out his muzzle to bump against hers before stepping toward her. He leaned forward, stretching out his neck to wrap it about her shoulders if she would allow him to do so. He breathed in her scent, letting silence wrap its arms about them as the wind pulled at his tail and played across his feathers. He never wanted to let her go, he never wanted to step away as if breaking physical contact might make her melt away into the shadows once more. Like a child clinging to his mother, Murdock held her tightly and let the hurried pace of her heart soothe his anxious soul.

“I missed you too…” he sighed into her shoulder, leaning into her warmth. Finally, after all these months, he was no longer alone. He had lost his herd, the only family he had, and he had lost her. He had felt truly alone, wandering across Helovia in search of something he was sure he would never find. But, he had promised himself he would find her again. He promised himself that he would never simply give her up, declare her a good memory and a part of his past. What if he had not decided to visit the Steppe on this night? What if they had not met and she disappeared once more? He couldn’t bear the thought.

Murdock finally withdrew from her, releasing her from his hold and stepping back so he could look upon her once more. She had not changed a bit since last he had seen her. She still had his feathers knotted into her thick mane and she still wore that crown of thorns upon her head that, on their first meeting, had almost scared him off. He smiled at her, a broad grin that he had not had the energy to produce for some months. How had he gotten by without her?

“What made you come back?” He asked, recalling her reason for leaving. The supremacy of her kin had forced her to depart, afraid that they would discover him and cast her from their ranks with bitter consequences. He never would have let them touch her, but what chance did he stand against an entire army of unicorns? They would have to be careful, as they always were, but he would not let a fear of her family prevent him from seeing her. “I hope you have been received well.” He remembered how she had told him of her desire to leave the Basin, to come with him to his home and leave the north behind. Did she still wish it? Or had the hospitality of her brethren improved to the point she finally felt comfortable amongst them?

"talk talk talk"

Image Credit
x

Psilo
[Image: 53b89df1e40f7]

Chernobyl

When connect into an embrace she almost feels as if she could be instantly lulled to sleep, or into a meditative state at the very least. She absorbs the connection as if it is a life force, sucking it in with every breath; her nostrils buried in his feathers and fur. Her heart as always beats hard and fast, warm in her chest as it rubs against him. He smelled of solitude and snow, empty, crisp air is trapped in his coat. She on the other hand smells like a herd mare, though they pretend to be more complicated, that is all they are; a band. She has outgrown the rebellious need to leave them behind, for now anyways. The powers have shifted and so she’s decided to let go of angst and remain loyal to them…to a point. The idea of her and Murdock’s relationship being challenged by the unicorns is unfathomable – and intolerable. The thought drifts and his voice brings her ears and full attention back to him. Her black eyes appear happily sleepy, almost dazed looking, though she is very much alert.

“What made you come back?”

She smiles quaintly, as if entertained by the question. She is a bit of a sicko, as he well knows, and not always as soft to the rest of the world as she is to him. “You.” She peers to the ribbons of bright space-dust illuminating the night sky, the wind playing with the loose ends of her thick black mane. “It is not solitude I want forever, I know that now.” She exhales and slides her eyes affectionately back to his face. “I am capable, I’m glad to know that, but I’ll never intentionally exist alone again.” Her grin deepens at the edges, “Not without you.” She reaches for another bump of their muzzles now that they have peeled away from one another. She enjoys reminding herself that his is not a mirage, touching, poking, licking, chewing, breathing on him etc. Like a smitten filly; if she were outside herself watching she’d want to bash her own face off for acting so ridiculous.

She doesn’t let on that she even recalls the fear of the unicorns finding them out, or even caring. For now it seems they do not feel like delving into her private life – and if ever they did, she’d promptly tell them to go fuck themselves with a sharp stick. She simply keeps smiling at him, lipping the end of his muzzle and his soft nostrils and very gently caressing some of his feathers. “Do not worry about me, my Murdock – I have been received as if I never left…” Again she lightly discharges a breath onto his muzzle, the frozen air turning it to white smoke instantly as it billows over his dark nose. “And what of you? How have you been?

pixel is by RELI<3

Gaz

He cannot quell the feeling of elation that swells within his chest as he looks at her, his every nerve set on fire as if by lightning. He never imagined he would ever find her again, though he would never have given up searching, and to see her now before him, whole and real as the earth beneath his feet, seemed as though it could only be a dream. For a few more moments as they step away from each other, he can do little but watch her. He had almost forgotten the way she moved, the way her dark eyes reflected the glow of his markings like stars, and the way her voice sounded when mixed with the song of the wind. It was all too good to be true.

However, Murdock decided he had to believe that it was true. She was here. Finally. He was not alone anymore and he felt as if he would not be able to pry himself from her side for days. He never wanted to lose sight of her again, to risk losing her once more. He smiled broadly as she spoke, studying her face as every conceivable emotion of happiness and relief swarmed within his chest. He reaches out toward her once more as she tenderly bumps his muzzle, his skin warm and quivering where the fog of her breath grazed his flesh. How had he survived without her?

He wanted to ask where she had gone beyond the shores of Helovia. Where had she found refuge in the months that had past and what had she done to pass the time? Had she returned home? It occurred to him that he did not even know where that was. He knew nothing of her family, nothing of the dark memories that haunted her except that he knew they existed. He wanted to know, he wanted to ask her everything, but there would be a time for that. For now, he was content with the fact she was here, and he wasn’t about to let her go.

“Me?” He hesitated briefly, distracted as she once again moved closer and brushed the velvet of her nose across his muzzle, her breath turning to silver vapor in the still air around them and her proximity causing his legs to feel numb. How had he been? Much had happened since she had left; almost too much to remember. He had been attacked and robbed of many of his feathers and his ability to fly, and the sun had risen once more after months spent in darkness. He had been reunited with an old friend, Roland, and then the wraiths had taken over, driving him underground. He had been separated from the Foothills, and now lived on as an outcast, belonging to no one and nowhere.

Perhaps it was not such a bad thing that she had taken a little vacation, if you will. Helovia had not been the safest place to be over the recent seasons and he would have been distressed to no end to know she was at risk. Here she was, though, and they were both safe. “I have been alright. Much better now, though,” he smiled broadly, finally beginning to appear as his old self as troubles and tribulations were forgotten. He moved closer to her, twisting so he stepped up along her side and lifting a wing to wrap it about her back. He leaned toward her, seeking to rest his chin upon the crest of her neck and hold her tightly to him.

“Tell me about your travels,” he breathed softly into her mane, looking out toward the dark horizon where the planet carried on forever into oblivion. “I want to know what you learned, what you saw out there.” They had still not been exploring together, as she had made him promise they would someday, but the time for that would come. He would be content to hear her stories, what she had found along the way and what strange conversations she may have had with strange creatures in strange lands. He had seen nothing but the same hills, the same trees, and the same sky, and he was eager for his Scholar to paint a picture of foreign lands within his vibrant imagination.

"talk talk talk"

(So sorry for the wait!)

Image Credit
x