Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud

And please remember me as in the dream
We had as rug burned babies
Among the fallen trees and fast asleep
Beside the lions and the ladies.

The world was beautiful and unforgiving; & Phaedra simply could not stand it a moment longer.

It was a blur, of both sound, sight, and emotion. The Gray. Ophelia's departure. The acrid taste of betrayal. The Invasion. Defeat. Promotion. Opulency. Retreat. Lakota's face. The Wraiths.

And then...well, and then nothing. The story ends. Phaedra runs away. She hides. She gives her title to Lakota, in a time when it is impossible to lead. What has become of her? Certainly she does not lead now. The Foothills has become something...else. The earth has rotted away, leaving falls where there used to be mountains. That was not the land she fought for...That was not where Stella had almost died, and her most precious secretes were buried. That land...wherever it was, was far away now. Was that how Archibald viewed the Foothills, when he ranked a mere General? Did he view it as some new bauble, and not the ancient place where he once ruled? Is that why Ophelia had left? Is that why...is that why...isthatwhy....

Thoughts trailed endlessly, but Phaedra could no longer take the sound of her own thoughts. Even Stella, her honest and faithful companion could not soothe the warring tides that sloshed again and again in her breast.

Tolio my darling cinnamon love. Where have you gone? Our daughters hate me, and you have fled. And Gaucho, what have you done with my unbleamished friend? Will she let me call her that, after so many seasons? And my Ru and Rae...what has become of you?

Normally, Phaedra buried such thoughts. It was not becoming of one such as She to dwell on her insecurities and faults. Phaedra, who had for so long used the sexism and easily-swayed minds of men against them, now alone and reckless. Phaedra, the golden girl, swayer of minds and stealer of hearts. Phaedra the Opulent.

Phaedra, the alone.

Phaedra, the absent.

Perhaps her wings would simply burn. Like Icarus...wasn't that the name? Hadn't his wings melted from their bones, causing his demise? Perhaps the same would happen to her. Perhaps the spots would fall from her wings - the stripes and the downy brown. Then the soft feathers, and finally, her sooty body would fall to the red sands below; swallowed up and forgotten. Were it fortold, Phaedra would still happily fly at this height. She would welcome her death. There was nothing more now. She hadn't the energy to do it again. To find a home. To fit in. To make friends. She just...couldn't.

And so, with Stella chattering angrily at her side, trying to rally her against the odds, Phaedra flew above the Throat.

The sun was sinking low, basking the area in a velvety violet. In the sky, Phaedra sparkled magnificently. Like a falling star, the golden-girl twirled haphazardly from the air. The gift from the Moon Goddess' bear - stars seemingly interwoven in her mane and tail - began to gleam and resonate in the dying light. She was beautiful and magnificent in her fall, as she cascaded towards the sands. At the last minute, her dainty hooves touched down, bracing the sooty legs against the inevitable crash landing that would have happened. Instead, the Opulent set off at a run, as if merely continuing her flight on earth. Let Gaucho come and stop me, she thought with a smirk, recalling back the oaf that Sohalia had fallen in love with. Would he be here to stop her? To throw her out? Ha! Let him try.

On and on the shimmering spark ran, until her lean legs brought her to the Oasis. Without a thought, Phaedra dipped her pink muzzle into the refreshing waters, drinking her fill. If she was to die her, at the hooves of a barbarian, her thirst would at least be quenched.

That called you what you like and even might
Give a gift for your behavior
A fleeting chance to see a trapeze
Swinger high as any savior.

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
We set fire to our homes,
Walking barefoot in the snow
</style>
The smell of sea salt stuck to his drying fur as the zealous boy bounced along the flaring red ground, bright blue eyes sparkled like the ocean he had just discovered for the first time and it added a wildness to his step. Folds of unruly mane fell in messy clumps on his lean frame that jostled along with his eagerness. If there was anything Sacre loved then it was finding something new something untamed, it had been the first time he'd been to the coast of his new herd, the first of surely many more visits to come! Inari, the bundle of vulpine joy, skipped alongside him with his tail resembling more of an unkept bush as the result of some keen water fun. All together they looked like a chaotic pair that needed some serious grooming although Sacre liked to think 'roughly handsome' fit much better. They resembled much more like their over adventurous selves like this.

Life recently had been a tangled web of strange and wonderful events. He'd met both savoury and unsavoury characters, found duty in newfound loyalty and still missed his brother dearly. Yet, even now he didn't know if the path he buoyantly laid his hooves upon was the right one and naively he continued onwards, as if daring the world to alter his course, show him clarity and not confusion. His gaze was still far too young to understand wisdom or guile, only time would make him a better or worse stallion. Together, horse and fox, they carried on still, seeking answers and ways to create the land of dreams of him and his brother.

Presently, however, the boy's sharp attention was drawn quickly to the Oasis and to pale winged mare whose coat seemed to glitter in the glow of the Throat. Sacre brightly made his way over with Inari bounding along beside him, noticing a gangly looking bird nearby as he got closer. "Yo" he greeted with his usual confident, warm voice as he fell to a halt nearby to watch the strangers drinking form. There was no recognition from memory and as a result he remained a respectable distance away, still smiling like the happiest idiot in the world. "Who are you?" He asked with his silvery tone.

[ooc: does aud like being tagged?]
Image Credits

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Deceased

The sound of hooves upon the sands, caused the golden girl to twirl delicately upon her haunches. Water trailed from her lips, catching the last rays of flight as they fell onto the bloody sands. Adding to the flurry of movement, Stella's wings beat gently as she glided higher into the air - bright orangey yellow face looking down upon the stallion and his companion with interest. Trilling softly, she hovered in midair, as electricity began to spark from her outstretched wings. Friend? We've never seen them before... Stella mentally thought, tuttering softly. Phaedra shrugged silently, as her dazzling sea-green gaze fell upon the stallion.

Alluring, she let her gaze drop, inspecting his dusky coat, and splattered flank. Such an odd marking...yet her own bird catcher spots were equally odd, she mused as her gaze continued to wander. He was handsome, in a rugged boyish way - or perhaps the ruggedness was merely caused by his tattered appearance. Still, Phaedra found it rather charming.

That is...until he opened his mouth.

Her ears flicked back momentarily at the casual greeting he offered, though her annoyance was quickly replaced with a mask of flirtation and charm. Phaedra was as fake as they came, although she liked to think of herself more as an actress. Long eye lashes fluttered slightly, as she tossed her head, sending waves of glistening mane cascading down her delicate neck. "Who am I, sugar? I think the real question, is who are you."

He was just her type. Young, handsome, impressionable, and flightless. Stepping forward - her strides easy and smooth upon the sands - Phaedra tried to bring herself close to the boy - nearly shoulder to shoulder. As she moved, the glistening in her mane and tail seemed to bleed into her coat, causing a subtle sparkle to grace her sooty pelt. She hadn't had the opportunity to use her magic for some time...and if she was to disappear from Helovia forever tonight, she might as well leave with a handsome youngster longingly watching her go. But would her magic work on one so young? Ha! What a silly question. He was a stallion wasn't he? No matter how young, they could always be counted to concern themselves with the fairer sex.

As her magic slowly bubbled to the surface, causing her coat to gleam even more brilliantly, Phaedra tilted her head to the side demurely. They always liked being the hero, didn't they? Of course they did. With a weary sigh, Phaedra's long lashed batted once again, her crisp gaze peering flirtatiously towards Sacre. "Tell me sugar, what do you do around here? Let me guess...warrior?" Her voice was like a melody as she spoke, hoping that her magic would enrapture the colt and liven things up a bit.

[Up to you if and how the magic effects him! And yes! ALL THE TAGGING! Do you want to be tagged?]

Image Credits

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani
Just a Dreamer in the Skies

I am finally back home from patrolling. Man am I tired. Who knew being a good herd member and patrols could be so, tiring. Then again, once I learn to fly it won't be so hard. I really do need to find someone to teach me, before my body gets much bigger. After all, I would hate to be grounded for never learning to fly. Wish Momma had been around long enough to really teach me. Then again, she told me she figured it out on her own. Maybe I will too? The moonlight plays across my super clean coat. I know now I must of inherited Momma's beauty magic. One day I will be just as beautiful as she was, if not more so.

For now i'll just setting with sleeping in the oasis for a bit, before I seek out Cera or Dalibor or any other pegasus I run across in this desert to teach me..

But wait, what's this? As I move in closer to the oasis, I see that I will not be alone. A strange mare and Sacre are already here. Eagerly I move forward just in time to hear Sacre ask who she is. So that must mean she's not from here. An intruder?! Oh hell no, not in my home. Her voice is sickly sweet, as she calls him sugar and asks who he is. Something about her I just don't like.... I can't place it, but I just don't. My eyes narrow onto the mare as she goes on to ask what Sacre does around here. By this time I am slipping up to stand near Sacre and Inari. "I believe he asked you a question first." I snift the air, and I don't smell the same scent that lingers on Sacre's and my coats on her's.... I don't like this one bit. "So how about you tell us who you are, and why you are so far into Dragon's Throat herdlands." I can feel my anger boiling, and with it my own personal magic rising within me. I almost dare her to try something. Give me a reason intruder.... Just give me a dang reason....

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

@[Sacre]

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

</style>
Sacre watched the bonded pair, his gaze wavering a little as she almost seemed to intimidate him. What was she doing so far in Throat territory anyway? The fact she was at the Oasis without even a hint of confusion in her face as to where she was made the boy suspect that she'd been here before. Or perhaps she was just exceptionally good at acting to which she had already fooled the boy who found himself shuffling in discomfort. Youth had taught him nothing of the troublesome nature of mares, of treading carefully around their minefield of trap doors triggered by words. Of allure and lust, how a man's pride could be lost in a heart beat. She responded to his question with yet another question, frustration flickering across his young features that looked at her with conflicted opinion. "I-" go on "I asked you first!" He said, with less conviction than he might've liked. Inari peered from around one hairy leg, gaze flicking from the mare to his bonded.

Her bodice shimmered in mesmerising ways that made it hard for Sacre to keep his composure. Hooves shifted closer and the boy nervously danced to one side, staring at her with a wildness to the edge of his eyes. "What are you doing?" He spluttered nervously, feet fell over one another in tension and Inari followed the awkward dance with clear confusion as to what exactly was going on. This day, however, was to take a twist.

The shimmer to her coat appeared to intensify and like a hit from cupids blushing arrow, Sacre felt a wave of attraction fall over him. All of a sudden he didn't quite mind if her shoulder brushed with his and in fact he'd quite like to touch the creamy cascades that fell so alluringly down her beautifully carved neck. He almost didn't even register the arrival of Amani as his ocean blue gaze hovered over the pearl coloured mare with a look of complete adoration and need. Foreign feelings. The growing, tender affection he had every time he met Tandavi was not like this. He was a train wreck of wild emotion that had fallen completely under her spell, as if there was for this moment nothing else in the world he needed but her. "Amani don't be rude to the beautiful Lady" he said absently, his mind was clearly captivated by other things.

In the meantime, Inari had shuffled his way closer to Amani with a look that spoke volumes, as if he was almost saying "don't ask me".

[ooc; Sacre's gone with the wind xD Please tag meee!]
Image Credits

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Deceased

For a moment as the boy continued to adamantly demand her name, with the insistence of youth, Phaedra was concerned that her magic hadn't worked. Her golden ears flickered with hesitation, as she tried to formulate what she would do, if her magic had indeed failed to take hold. Certainly, she could fly while he couldn't. She could escape to the skies, should some unbecoming situation begin to arise. Certainly it seemed to be looking that way...

As Amani approached, her gaze full of mistrust and vinegar, Phaedra stifles the desire to roll her eyes. Mares usually didn't like her...Fillies however, usually weren't so rude, but the golden girl was unsurprised. The young pegasus was remarkably plain, at least compared to Phaedra, who glittered with the light of the stars themselves. Further, from what Phaedra recalled of the rules governing the Throat, so long as Phaedra wasn't hostile, the painted girl was not allowed to use magic upon her. That was so long as Gaucho and Midas were still in charge. They were still in charge, weren't they?

Before Phaedra was forced to respond to Amani's childish challenge, Sacre did so for her. Ahhhh...so it did work, Phaedra thought, quite pleased. She turned her lithe form to face the blue-eyed stud, sea-green gaze flickering as she batted her long eyelashes. "Why thank you sugar." She cooed. Turning her head to Amani, the flirtatious and sweet facade immediately dropped. Her eyes glinted dangerously, as she smiled condescendingly. "Oh we were just getting to that part, little one." Her voice was sweet, but her gaze seemed positively laced with poison as she addressed Amani.

Looking back to Sacre, she shifted her weight, ever so slightly bridging the distance between the two, in a suggestive way. Her wavy forelock trailed down the center of her nose, as she delicately tilted her head to the side with a sigh. "I'm Phaedra, sugar. Here to see my best friend Sohalia." She replied to Sacre and Amani's question, unknowingly name-dropping of one of their Sultana's. "And I'm so far in, darling, because I'm allowed to be. Why don't you go...play in the sands-" Trailing off, Phaedra turned away from Amani, trying to completely block her from Sacre's view, such that she would be the only thing in his line of sight. "We have some things to ... discuss." Coyly, Phaedra reached her nose out, to try and nudge his shoulder.

@[Amani] lololol this thread.

Image Credits

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks
She is not confrontational by nature; So what, the boy wonders, Are you doing here? She frowns at him, refusing to answer a question he knows has no real purpose except to aggravate. Charcoal hooves kick sand at the fox, who scurries away with an indignant yip, running to reach the group who they have come to investigate, drawn by an acidic taste of magic which drifted across to Oasis to where they though to graze. Natraj leaps gleefully through the grass, a shadow in the brush hunting his prey. From the fronds that grow around the lake he leaps, oversized ears flapping gloriously in the breeze. His prey is Inari, and he hopes to take the younger fox by surprise.

Behind him his sister is less amused, for she can hear the anger of an unknown filly, and smell the magic rising in the air. The filly and Sacre face away, their backs to the girl as she makes her approach, and her black gaze shifts to the source of the conflict, an opulent mare of gilt and cream. She reeks of the the magic that tastes like thistle, glitters with something surreal and mature- but so does the younger girl, and they both make the crimson child feel a deep pang of shame. Lacking wings, lacking beauty, lacking the mature and soft lines of the mare, Tandavi is nothing but a gangly girl quickly loosing the benefit of youth.

She pushes down this rising doubt, forcing her head to rise high, striding toward them with an illusion of confidence. Despite the beauty of the starry mare, she is unimpressed with her treatment of the little filly, and even less amused by Sacre's failure to defend the child. She thought her friend(?) to be better than that; sure, the mare is a beauty, but that should not be enough to make the boy lose his wits.

"Your cruelty is not appreciated." She has placed the filly between Sacre and herself, unwilling to even look at the bloodstained boy, for to look would mean to see the disgusting adoration with which he regards the mare, and to confront the latent jealousy which rides within her breast. Instead she keeps her gaze on Phaedra, black eyes burning but face composed. "You are welcome here-" she glances at the filly "-so long as you bear us no ill will."

It is the first use of her newfound authority, and she wears it like a too-tight glove, not quite fitting into the position but not falling out, either; a passable ruse. At the base of her neck she can feel magic rising, and becomes dimly aware of the mare's powers leaking into her, of a blanket of something leaking onto her coat. She wonders if she'll now sparkle like the mare, and wonders if Sacre will notice her for it, and then she pushes both ideas away like errant flies, refusing to acknowledge the thrill that fills her at the thought. Eyes still trained on the golden mare and voice still full and deep and light, she finishes, "If Sohalia is not here you may wait." I'm sure someone would be happy to keep you company, but she does not say this out loud, her ire with Sacre playing lines around her eyes.

@[Amani], @[Sacre] | Hope you don't mind if I jump in! Tavi's accidentally replicating Phaedra's magic.

Tandavi

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani
Just a Dreamer in the Skies

I am stunned that the boy I thought my friend does not defend me against this intruder. Instead he seems to stare at her, as if something in her beauty made her better to look at. I have to admit I am hurt even more by this. I am not made of perfect ivory and rose gold like my dam with two sets of wings, nor am I made of dirt and darkness like my sire. They had truly been the perfect offset of each other. If only I showed that. A tiny part of me longs to slink away, and let the "adults" handle whatever business they had. The rest of my screamed to stay defend my home. Since that part spoke louder I did just that.

However before I can find a retort for the rude intruder, another arrives. She is joined by a cute little creature that is similar to Sacre's bonded, but who has more tails. I am comforted by the fact she carries the smell of the desert upon her coat like Sacre and I do. That just means she is family. I assume she is family that is, after all, we have never met. She places herself so that I am between her and Scare, which gives me confidence. "Your cruelty is not appreciated." I smirk at the unwelcome mare as if to say "You got in trouble". That soon passes as the new arrival continues to speak. "You are welcome here-" She looks at me, does this mean i'm in trouble now for protecting our home? "-so long as you bear us no ill will." Clearly she does, after all she's rude and just making herself right at home deep within our home. She doesn't belong here! I long to scream that at the top of my lungs, to kick Scare and knock the stupid look off his face while he stares.

However I do none of that. Instead I stay beside the two older herd members, listening as they talk. "If Sohalia is not here you may wait. I wonder who this Sohalia is, and if she's nice. Clearly she lives here. Maybe I will get to meet her today too. I like meeting more herd mates, I mean, family.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

@[Sacre]
Yay!!! So glad you jumped in!

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

</style>
Sacre was oblivious to the increasing female danger that was beginning to surround him. His senses were ensnared by the voluptuous mare that stood in all her glittery glory before him, slowly stealing away his innocence. If there was any niggling doubt that something wasn't right, that he was acting strange, then the boy all together ignored it. The clutches of this magic was too irresistible to put up a fight. He mumbled something incoherent and smiled goofily as he vaguely listened to the conversation that was taking place in the midst of all this beauty. It took the arrival of Tandavi to all together change the direction of the events that were slowly unfolding without Sacre coherently knowing.

At first, the boy all registered here arrival with a swift nod, his gaze not leaving Phaedra's. Her tempting soft nose reached out and connected with his shoulder sending a thrill up his spine. Emotions, feelings, things he had never felt at this kind of intensity before. The familiar voice of Tandavi entered his senses and just as he turned to berate her speaking to the pretty lady in such a manner something shifted. For a split second all influence disappeared and the colt's expression turned to one of confusion as he blinked away the magic. "Wha-" the words what's happening? Never managed to escape his lips as the familiar magic leaked back into his mind again, but this time from a different direction.

Beryl eyes turned onto the fiery filly with soft braids and a dagger like expression. The merry-go-round twisted again with poor Sacre caught in the middle, his adoration for Phaedra shifted to Tandavi, the filly whom he would call friend was suddenly seen in a different light. Had she always been this pretty? This tempting? Had he been living his life blind? The boy carefully attempted to take steps away from the golden pegasus, around the slender frame of Amani and to the side of Tandavi. With a fond movement, he tried brushing his shoulder with Tandavi's own, his face a beaming light of warm smiles as his eyes looked at her with infatuation. Waking up tomorrow was certainly going to be a bothersome experience.

In the meantime, Inari had been captured and pounced by Natraj, the fox with a depressing amount of tails. However, the vulpine jumped quickly back to his feet only to try playfully battering the darker ones face, happy to have a distraction from the confusing and strange actions of his own bonded friend.

[omggg all these femaleees]
Image Credits

@[Phaedra]

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!