the Rift

[OPEN] Your Beating Heart[Acceptance]

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
Déodat
And all the harm I've ever done, alas it was to none but me

Déodat led his new recruit toward his northern home, all along the way revealing information about Helovia and it’s inhabitants. “The Basin is only one of four herds. To the south is the Dragon’s Throat, which is composed entirely of pegasi. They live in the desert lands of Helovia.” He began, not entirely sure precisely how interested Liriope would be, but if she intended to stay it very well could be valuable information. “South east of us is the Hidden Falls, I believe they are a mixture of unicorns, equine, and pegasi. Last I heard we were on good terms with them. Lastly of the herds, is the World’s Edge, they lie to the west of Helovia. Again, we are on good terms with them last I heard.” He prattled on more about the gods and companions and what little he knew of both.

After his lecture he sighed slowly and glanced about at the familiar sights of the frost covered north. Finally, he had come home. Odette still toddled along at his side, occasionally wandering off a bit but she would always promptly return. Every now and then he would glance down at the pup, simply to ensure she was still near him. The fear of her wandering off and never returning was ever present in the back of his mind.

“We’re almost there!” He announced after his period of his long silence. Even with his well muscled body he yearned for the safety of his cavern or the warmth of the hot springs. Of course, there were still patrols to be conducted and training to be done, but he could always make those wait. It wasn’t as if fat would build up on his body if he permitted himself one day off. Finally they drew to the entrance of the Basin. Both sentinels standing at their posts, stalwart and vigilante. “Those are the protectors of the Basin, crafted by one of our members.” He said looking over at them as he led the way over the boundary. For a moment he feared them springing to life, so he simply kept his gaze on them.

As he drew inside he called out in a whinny, hoping one would come to greet the mare. For once he hoped it wasn’t the typical sight of the Gilded Blade based upon Liriope’s previous reactions to the claims of a queen. It was peculiar, a woman revolted by a woman lead. Silently he noted in the back of his mind to remember to ensure his daughter was empowered by her sex rather than weakened. His past self would’ve mocked any women not considered a soldier, but time and bonds had shown him otherwise.

@[Liriope]
x - x
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Liriope Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
LIRIOPE
she's the sea i'm sinkin' in, he's the ink under my skin
sometimes i can't tell where i am, where i leave off and he begins

With relentless waves of cold that pound and bite into her skin like the talons of some deeply wrathful and unseen beast, she is stained with the color of North. Her rust-brindled eyes fight to rid themselves of the toes of invasive snow dancers as her guide leads her ever onward, and though she dares not voice it, her confidence in this oh-so-selective Basin and its women soldiers fades with every cunning whisper of the frost-speckled wind that whistles though her skull, every shiver that devours her spine of which was untouchable in her humid southern lands of a time now buried, and she yearns to replace the unfamiliar numbness at her ankles with the warmth of the sand and sun of what once was. Her skin is red beneath the thin coat of chocolate wire that adorns her, and the white that paints her hind legs blends seamlessly with the wetness on the ground with each bitter slice, and when she looks to Déodat and the crimson fire that he so breathtakingly emanates in the small and graceless space they share, there is no beauty on her face, for she follows him now only because of the fact that he is worth following.

There is no rest for the lovers of man.

She will nod for his sake as he speaks of his lands, of his Gods and of the lesser of his country, but her ear is only half-turned. She vaguely catches him dabble into the dragon-pegasi of some desert or other, and she thinks to herself how foolish it is for the winged to believe themselves the same caliber as the horned as to reserve a corner of the world for themselves, as if they had something to protect, something cable of being sullied by the ignorant masses. For a while after his last hasty breath he is overtaken by silence; something that the gladiatrix readily appreciates, and she stretches out her neck from its oblatory coil as if the weight of his superior word had concentrated its presence upon her crown, and her curiosity moves with more freedom.

It is not until he speaks of the Basin's protectors that she returns to tedious reality's dreary looking-glass, and looks up at what could only be what he means to call her attention to in polite and waning awe. They are peculiar statues, beautifully crafted into the streamlined likeness of this planet's mightiest, perhaps even automatons, if she were to see them show any sign of moving, but for the moment here they stand; large and graceful guardians, embodiments perhaps of what secluded creatures lay in waiting just beyond, and even though she highly doubts they could respond, she feels the need to greet them, thank them, as she passes into the home of Basiners they so coveted. "Your people are talented," she comments after a time, peering about in hopes to catch some movement in response to his call.

I wonder what else it is that they can do.

</style>
Credits

Roland Posts: 230
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 8 yrs HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Glo

It was a dismal day in the Aurora Basin; colder than usual for summer, with a biting wind that tore and howled across the flats, ripping leaves from the branches of trees and casting a violent ripple across the lake as it went, leaving wintry discord in its wake. Roland had found shelter beneath the thick boughs of a fir, reluctant to make for the sanctum of the caves while the tempest raged on. A call echoed across the rocks, and at first Roland thought it was merely the voice of the wind, pleading and plaintive as it scraped across the rock and carved its way through the hollows; yet when he looked up, his gaze fell upon two figures emerging from the mountain pass. Slowly, reluctantly, he unhinged himself from the tree’s thorny side and moved to greet them, heaving a weary sigh that was quickly swept up in the northern gale.

The stallion he recognized immediately, a stalwart blood bay with a crimson crown atop his head. Roland had never learned his name, but they had both stood against the wraiths when they had entered the Basin, bringing with them their plague and shadow, taunting the valley’s denizens in their hollow, grating voices. The stallion had been infected, but Roland and the others- Mauja and a dark skinned colt- had managed to escape unharmed. The Thief repressed a grimace. He disliked being reminded of that time, when they had been forced to flee beyond their mountains and caves, into the sanctuary with its murky catacombs and mildewed halls. He had felt trapped, no fresh air to breathe and the only light being from the luminescent plants that grew sparingly amongst the corridors. The only time when he had felt liberated, while under the pressure of so much rock and earth, had been when Lena had found him. Beyond that, he had kept much to himself for the dismal weeks they had spent in hiding.

The Corporal’s companion, a mare with long flowing hair and a delicate frame, Roland did not recognize. She carried with her a myriad of scents, though none were distinctly from the Basin. A new recruit, then. There had been many new faces filtering in during the height of Tallsun. The Thief cast a welcoming nod to the dark haired stallion, an acknowledgement of familiarity even though they had never spoken. He turned to the mare last, smiling his brightest in spite of the unpleasant weather, and bowing his head. “Welcome,” he said as jovially as he could manage, raising his voice above the wind. “I am Roland, Thief of the Basin.

He suspected she was not used to the northern climate, which Roland could sympathize with. All his childhood he had known nothing but lush, green fields and sun drenched forests. Summer was a season that lasted almost year round, with only the lightest of snows falling in the darker months. “Hopefully it’s not too cold for you,” he added with a knowing smile, shaking his forelock from his eyes as the wind tore at the cliffs.

Push your luck if it makes you a promise
that turns con men honest.

Image Credit

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
Death threads and treads, marched to the beat of satanic reverie, the sadistic swing, the sinuous plumes, of a beast tarnished and lacquered by iniquity, by annihilation, by sedition. As he carved and whittled away the bones of persecution, he ruminated, he calculated, he wove machinations into the dark, vicious slate of his mind – to restoration and renewal of an empire quiet for too long. Their prior actions had been desecrated into seasons worn and long past, demons and infidels breathing down napes and slashing at throats, diving deep into caves, caverns, sanctuaries without ice, without chill, only the heinous silence of nothingness and decay. And thereafter, there had been threats, sullen, brooding Regimes wanton, begging for a toppling fortress, yearning for a falling, withering barricade, and for some moments, the slinking, inept cretins had mastered and absconded: Arah and her daughters, torn away from the fringe of their icicle sovereignty. Secrets had been unearthed, uncovered, shackled and tethered back together, and in pernicious, puissant silence, he’d stolen one of their own. But now, the solemn quietus ruptured his core, the undulating poignancy of his coiled muscles, the vehement pulse of his flesh, because they asked for peace, when all he craved was violence and revolution. Only content, only satisfied, when blood was shed and daises of war waned into the horizon, the brooding, brewing motions and movements of his Reaper potency wandered across the rime; a deadly wraith coveting carnivorous intentions. His wayfaring, soldier finesse ground him towards the borders, perhaps more out of habit now that the sentinels perceived threats and guarded the open portion of wall and glacier, and the penetrating, piercing scope of his stare resonated upon a gathering of individuals. Two were recognized immediately: Deodat, the painted, loyal Corporal, and Roland, the newly anointed Thief. The other, however, was entirely foreign, and the slightest prick of curiosity slid through his remorseless sentiments, engaged his roaming mind into immorality and atrocities; new blood arriving on the doorsteps of the Basin, and he’d followed to examine it.

He was no welcoming party. The devil’s King drew across the summer vestiges as a chaotic, bedlam beast, apathetic, indifferent, and reticent, simmering and scintillating below the dispassionate surface. The studious slant of his gaze, harsh, unrelenting, remorseless, flickered to each figure (a nod was given to the stags, respectful, thankful for their efforts), and then lingered upon the newcomer. A mare, but whittled and sketched in lines of war-blood and infidels, perhaps cretins of his own nature, embarking upon siege after siege, never quite done with their fury, with their wrath, with their outrage and villainy. Brutality, barbarity, bloodied, ruthless entanglements: he wanted them all, and he pondered if she would choose to follow the Basin’s furtive, odious creed. They always needed strength, ruffians of satanic bidding, minstrels of cold-blooded desires; he wove introductions with the blunt candor of a callous, merciless monster, blunt, unrelenting. “Deimos, Lord of the Basin.” Another examination shadowed, the harpooning gaze of his resolute stare, cold and aloof, before a chasm of inquiry. “Who are you?”

Mirabella Posts: 35
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Two Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

A new day, a new chance to explore away from Momma. I have been under her gaze and protection since I was born, and it's growing more and more annoying as time passes. I am growing fast, already bigger than I was at my birth. My horn is growing to, and a slight pink tint, the same pink that graces my frame around the big white patch is becoming clear. My Momma says there is no denying who my sire is, which makes me proud. I've onl;y seen him twice. Once, the day I was born. The second time being the big herd meeting that happened not to long ago.

So after I drained Momma of her milk supply for a little while, I set off to find him. I miss him and his pup. I can't seem to remember her name, only that she is white and fluffy and I want one just like her someday... Or maybe something even better. Who knows what my future will hold. All I know is I am a princess. At least in my mind. Not just any princess, but I want to be a warrior princess. Momma told me that Daddy is a Corporal, which is like second in command of the soldiers. I want to be one too one day, or better yet, first in command!

There is time for all of that later however. Momma has also been trying to teach me to speak. So far, to her frustration I keep messing up the words. I however am smarter than she thinks. I know the words, I just mess them up to make her mad. It's fun to make Momma mad since she's so annoying to me.

For now I find myself wandering the edge, curious about the world beyond the Basin. I find myself heading to where I think the entrance and exit is, only to get a very big surprise... There are four already gathered here, one I know is a herd leader. The other two I'm not sure of... But the last one my eyes blueish eyes set on is my Daddy. I should care more as to who is around, but I don't. With my tiara held high, I prance right over to my Daddy. When I am closer to his side, I finally say my very first word. "Daddy." Yep, I'm his daughter. I will be just like him one day.

"talk talk talk"

I'm braver, because I fought a giant and won.
I'm stronger, because I had to be.
I'm happier, because I've learned what matters.
I stand taller, because I'm a survivor.

[Image: 53924d1345a8c]

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

Sialia</style>

I wont soothe your pain...

I wont ease your strain...

I seek you out, flay you alive...

One more word and your wont survive.

I remember when I was a newcomer. I guess, it could have been considered terrifying. After all, others where arriving to meet you, to judge you. Who was this new creature, and how can we get her to break?

But, I stood tall, strong in the cold. Even during the summer, the chill was extreme. I am working my way to the sentinel. I had seen three of my fellow herd mates heading in that direction. Deimos was one of them. Terrifying Deimos. Paranoid Deimos. Handsome Deimos. But, I had only met the lord once. I did not know him. The lady? Different story. Illynx had my favor. She was not so... Well. Interesting. Lets stick with that.

Not that Illynx wasn't interesting. I wouldn't like her if she wasn't. I am a fairly disinterested creature after all. Unless your a gorgeous man. Like some of the stallions I had met. Like that ice king, who's true name is still unknown to me. But, his given name lingers. Liam. Mine lingers too. Aleshia. I feel a shiver course throughout my body.

Okay, no more thinking about that. Other than I would inquire Illynx later on the identity of that stallion. If anyone would know, she would. I wouldn't ask Deimos though. Not him. I didn't trust him like I did Illynx. Though her tongue was silver, and her words had hidden meanings, Deimos seemed like he acted on aggression, as if he could attack at any moment. It was certainly intimidating.

A red stallion and a foal had also gone the direction Deimos had. The red stallion was smaller, and the foal looked vaguely familiar. Like someone I knew. But at the same time I didn't. But I did not linger on it, as I came around the Sentinal. Even now the machine was magnificent. Our Engineer was very talented. Kudo's to him.

After I tore my gaze from the sentinal, I got a chance to look at the others around me. Deimos, obviously. A painted bay stallion, the red stallion, who's name was Roland apparently, the painted filly, and the new comer. She was a bay color, and pretty, in a way. I watched, my black form stark against the white. I listened, Deimos responding in his gruff way. The filly, calling out to her father, the blood bay paint.

I suppose it is my turn. "Welcome. I am Sialia, A soldier for the Aurora Basin." I dip my head, respectfully to the mare. But not low enough to be submissive. The ranks above me earned that privilege.

Walk Here "Talk Here"

Doug1021 @ flickr
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

déodat,

Déodat caught word of Liriope’s compliment and nodded his head slowly. “Yes, many of our members are skilled in their crafts and trades.” His mind of course drifted first to the Engineer, and then to his own notorious cousin, the Nightshade. D’Art was excellent at what he did, and that was eradicating the world of the inferior filth of the world. While he himself may be considered skilled in his own craft, warmongering and slaughter. Truly everyone had been gifted with something and the Basin knew how to utilize said gifts.

It didn’t take long for the faces beginning to pop up. First came a chestnut stallion who Déodat truly had only seen at meetings. He dipped his head in greeting not offering up much more than that as Roland addressed Liriope. Then came a face that surprised him, Deimos. The Reaper king apparently had decided to take to welcoming. Déodat dipped his head low in greeting to his lord. Respect was no thing to be handed out but the dark king had proven himself to the Blood Prince. Deimos was one even the prideful Déodat could kneel to simply out of fear if nothing else.

The next face that came surprised Déodat. He couldn’t conceal a look of shock as his daughter pranced toward him. No mother came after her though he thought nothing of it. Children were prone to wandering and he knew nothing would train his daughter more than experiencing the world. Mirabella spoke and Déodat himself was oblivious to the significance of her words. Truly that should’ve been a sign for his distance the past weeks.

Odette of course had flung herself forward and was trying to smother the filly with attention of her own. Whilst Déodat contemplated precisely how to react. Should he chide the filly for wandering from her mother’s side? Immediately his mind drifted to his father and the constant scoldings. Déodat refused to stoop to the level of his father. He didn’t want his daughter to live a life constantly striving for his approval. The love he had for his child would be known and he wouldn’t let the company of comrades waver his affections.

“Hello my princess,” he spoke in gentle tones, a rarity for the Blood Prince. Carefully he lowered his neck and reached out to brush his muzzle carefully across her cheek. He lifted his head and glanced about at the circle as yet another arrived to greet the newcomer. Déodat dipped his head at the other mare and his gaze flickered to those about him. “Pardon Mirabella’s interruption,” He said to the others around him. “Come to my side Mira.” Despite the demand hidden beneath his tones there was still a gentle edge to it.

Finally my gaze rests upon Liriope, giving her leeway to speak and introduce herself. Déodat had a child to watch apparently. Later he would seek out Esther to return the filly back to her side, but for now, he would let the girl have her fun. This would be a good thing to witness and it would hopefully implant ideas of diplomacy and the need of new recruits.

"Speech speech speech"

image credits
con by aihnna@dA

Liriope Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
LIRIOPE
she's the sea i'm sinkin' in, he's the ink under my skin
sometimes i can't tell where i am, where i leave off and he begins

There is a man, a brother, a second prince upon them, now, and he is lithe and elegant and lovely and beautiful in ways that Déodat is not, and yet, she thinks, this new one is not as fine a specimen, for his eyes are not cold and hard as the soldier-king's, and nor is his tongue. He bequeaths upon the thickening air a chime and softness that in some ways Liriope has been craving, for such is unknown to her, and she turns to him, this bright and cloven beast with his arch of a knife and moonlight smile, peering into the abyss of him as if he were some god-touched fool in the company of demons, and she admires silently the tender syllables his lyrical voice contrives - 'Roland' - and thinks it all the more befitting that his title is Thief. She returns his grin with her own mark upon her lips if only to ensure he and his accompanying gender are appeased, for his shrewd gaze has found her weakened against the elements and she wishes not to draw further attention to the fact, so her eyes dance for him her knowing and her jaw flexes in her silence and perhaps she is about to introduce herself, as good little half-girls do, but there is another asking, another instructing, and he has become them as quickly as death.

A king - no, a lord stands there before these three lesser, carved of some hellish ore so deep and so dark in color that she can hardly see where he ends. He has sliced through the tempest's gales and wind-ribbons as if they did not touch him, the frost and sheets of North and her mercilessness as if they did not exist, and she wonders if in his mind they didn't. He says little and still commands their absolute reverence, his desire for their attention hardly a plea but a tangible air that bleeds from him, his blue-velvet crown and oh those scars that echo in his booming and masculine sound; an air that demands to be felt, and Liriope feels it, tastes it, prays that it could be closer and yet also further away, take it away, for it is delectable, delicious power, but it is equally decay, and she is feeling a bit light-headed. Deimos, he has said, and she smiles to herself at how heavily irony has saturated the word, attempting to meet his gaze without betraying her masquerade, for her awe of him would have oozed from her every pore otherwise. "Liriope," she says, her own name painfully spartan in comparison, before she, blood-stained tiara slowly slipping, bends a knee and graciously bows at the reaper's charred and ghost-ridden feet, curls of auburn rivulets dripping from her neck and tangling with her lashes as they press against her face, and though the winds are harsher here, with her body coiled and mouth in a line, she will swear that she never tires of it.

There is a child's sudden voice on the wind, a brush against the taut and dimpled flesh at her side, but she listens to only the breath of the corpse as he stands living. The white and froth of the Basin's floor sticks to her when she stands, for she does not stand with haste, and when she speaks again - "I have come to serve you, my Lord." - she is purged of the whims of women, that is, of course, until this child; until there is a hollow body beside her blood-guide, her crimson prince - 'Hello, my princess,' - where there should be a son; until there is a woman, a stretch of porcelain and glass and ebon-skin with blue in her eyes and a voice where there should have been silence, standing, as if she is worthy, as if she is capable, inches from her Lord, from her fathers and brothers, from her betters as if she were one of them, as if she does not know the vast expanse of thick and warring space that separates they from she, but Liriope is only truly stunned, only truly disgusted not when she does not fall to her knees or kiss the earth on which her kings' hooves meet, but when she declares herself to be their soldier.

How fucking dare she.

"A soldier?" Liriope turns in a slow circle to touch every man's gaze with her own, removing herself from the space she shares with the hollow-child that clings, at least still, to her father's breast, watching to see if they mirrored her revulsion, lingering on the Thief, the sprightly and kind Roland, coming to a realization that they just did not see, and when she returns to this Sialia, this supposed gladiatrix, this oh-so-mighty war-farer with her white-faced welcome and her pretty little sword unsharpened, unused, she sneers, but says not what presses so quickly and burns so like bile at her throat, for to offend one of her superior's probable whores was not of the most suitable ways to gain their favor. "I would like to see how you earned such a title some day," she rasps instead as if her blood was not boiling over into her eyes.

"The language of war is one of few I am fluent in." And I truly doubt that you can speak it.

</style>
Credits

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
The satanic, nefarious Lord, with his eldritch titan irreverence, with his seditious serration, with his noxious, unearthly, unattainable revere, became the Mephistophelean witness, the rigid, cold, calculating gaze of a hardened villain. Through devilish eyes, through abhorrent breaths, through chthonic decibels and doldrums, he studied, examined, investigated in raw, keen, sharpened silence. The fractious, teetering edge of a knife; others wandered into the curious reception, but the puncturing slate of his stare remained solely upon the banshee and all of the poisonous vectors, the toxic indulgences, the myriad of callous, cruel intricacies lacquered and embedded. The Corporal had found another of their kind, the brutal, the fierce, the undone and unholy, eager and fervent to distort, to maim, to destroy, and all of the feverish contortions, the coiled ministrations, the yearning, longing for bedlam reached through his soul and whispered immoral hymns. Liriope, drawn through the shades of the Threshold, and marched into the icy banners of their supremacist sovereign, could be the next bottled brew, the next enticed beast to roar amongst their avaricious might, claw and pierce the layers of repose and antiquity, glimmer amongst the gallows. For so long the wanton air of his hellish machinations had been worn and frayed away, victory only cast by few, triumph not experienced by his molten crew and their mislaid proportions, tempests unwound and blown over no-man’s land, pale, desolate, untouched, and the rapacious slide of their torrents unanswered. Like all restless barbarians, with their scorching, searing veils and their cloaks and daggers, they fought, allured and beguiled by the hellish convictions of their darkened, emboldened creeds – but for what, for who? Merciless, relentless, remorseless; with only the chords of his wintry empire and his licentious brethren nettled and nestled into the scintillating folds and veins of his terrible, blackened heart – they deserved the taste, the relish, the tang, the ambrosia, the sliding consumption of a kingdom’s entrails fallen by their hands. The Reaper recognized the conniving reveries, the devious raptures, the unwavering demands amongst her brambles and thorns, and permitted the most minute of smirks etched into a corner of his virulent mouth; he wanted it all, every corridor of every kingdom, and deep into the pernicious precision of his bones, he believed this mare would help them achieve that tangible, mutinous goal. Could she manifest revolution, tie sedition into her tongue, foster glory for the chilling ramparts? Could any of them?

She bowed; he was no god, no idol, no deity, only the infernal, diabolical statue of their cold, marbled malevolence, finessed forbidding, pariah to emotion, locked and gleaming in his hostile scabbard until annihilation awakened, brooded, and depravity seethed into the acrimonious concoction. But he permitted her reverence through the gales and distortion, remembered and harnessed the foundations of loyalty; she was another turbulent siege, Tartarean guile, in his predacious flock, and he’d allow her to descend and dominate amongst the heathen brushstrokes of their simmering lair. Even as others gathered, promised her service to his glacial throne, she snipped, she bit, she rankled, and he nearly snickered aloud (processing how the GildedBlade would respond to her snaps, to her growls, to her electrical current of ferocity and valor) – instead, the apathetic haze of his features doesn’t alter, doesn’t change, remaining taut, rigid, and unreachable, all but his lips, conjuring acceptance upon the rancorous brim of his cool tongue. “Welcome to the Basin, Liriope.” Amidst Sialia’s arrival, the burning flames of damnation heightened and relayed, or Deodat’s daughter resonating through the lines of snow, he stayed to watch the newest dog of war bait and lure, if the other femme would slip away from the trap, from the snare set by wily rasps; if he should release his hounds from their cages and pervade the world in gilded anarchy, in swindling bedlam.

Mirabella Posts: 35
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Two Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Oh yay! Daddy's white pup greets me happily. I stop a few paces off from Daddy to nuzzle her and return the affection. It is only when Daddy's voice calls out that my attention returns to him and those around me. “Hello my princess," I look up, careful not to hurt Daddy's pup when my growing horn. My eyes sparkle. I truely am my Daddy's little princess.... But what would he think of me if he knew I wanted to be like him. That I one day want to not only fight, but to lead the Basin's army as a General.

All that could wait until later. Daddy is speaking again. “Pardon Mirabella’s interruption,” Uh oh. Was I interupting something important? Am I in trouble? “Come to my side Mira.” Obediently I do as Daddy asks. I turn to face the same way he does, and lean a bit to the side to press against him. What can I say? I love him more than Momma. I just want to make him proud. I know I am not a son, which means I am not a true heir.... But I want to be stronger than my Momma, strong like him. I want to be the son I should of been.

But for now, I must be content in being the warrior princess that I can be, since I was not born a male. I look up at Daddy, a sheepish smile crossing my lips for a second. I hope I am not in trouble. After all, I just wanted to see him.

"talk talk talk"

I'm braver, because I fought a giant and won.
I'm stronger, because I had to be.
I'm happier, because I've learned what matters.
I stand taller, because I'm a survivor.

[Image: 53924d1345a8c]

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

Sialia</style>

I wont soothe your pain...

I wont ease your strain...

I seek you out, flay you alive...

One more word and your wont survive.

I watch the interaction between father and daughter. “Hello my princess,” He says to his small young daughter. I tip my head, watching them. It made me wish for the father I never met. “Pardon Mirabella’s interruption,” He says to us, but I truly do not mind. The filly was smart, and maybe she would learn things if she came to such interactions. “Come to my side Mira.” He says, and now I turn my attention to Liriope.

"I have come to serve you, my Lord." Though my eyes relay cold nothingness, I admit she can flatter. But she also knows how to fence. Her next words are sharp, and I swear the tip is poisoned. What to do, what to do? I watch her, And I am quiet. His lord Deimos welcomes her, and now it seems I must wriggle my way carefully out of the barbed trap Liriope has set for me. But I wonder what goes on behind those bloody eyes. She would love to see how I got that position one day? Oh honey, it wasn't the way you where thinking. See, because you and I know the same language. Just because I'm pretty, does not mean I am a whore.

"I never said I was a good soldier, Liriope. However, since as you stated, you are so fluent in war, maybe you could show me a few things?" Each word is tipped with my own poison, and I dance my way through the trap she laid. I put on a charming smile, and I want to grit my teeth. But I would show my true emotion, and I don't want to give her that satisfaction, that her barbs had gotten under my skin. Instead I laid that she had not touched me, instead that she had missed. My eyes relay nothing, nothing but there depth. I my dear am fluent in lying. Deceiving. Be careful to mind my own trap.

Walk Here "Talk Here"

Doug1021 @ flickr
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

déodat,

Déodat stood in silence as things unfolded before them. As the scene played out and others spoke his face remained unreadable and still. He glanced over at Mirabella briefly after she had obediently come to his side. He caught her smile and he returned it with a slight nod, displaying his approval. The child was in no, in fact, her presence would do some good as long as she remained within her place of things. The Blood Prince wouldn’t stoop to his father’s level. In the back of his mind he could imagine the scolding he himself would’ve received from the General for an interruption of such business. That hardness had done nothing but damage him and he wouldn’t inflict such turmoil upon his sons, let alone his daughters.

Liriope proceeded forward and her aggression towards the other female warrior confused him. Why would she question another woman’s ability? Didn’t most revel in fact other women were bold enough to bear arms? Goodness, mares were far too confusing, particularly the one he had brought home. At a later time he would have to seek out this Liriope and dive into her peculiar mind and views.

As Sialia threw back her own venom he gave out a long sigh. There needn’t be discord amongst sisters in arms. Finally he spoke.

“It is good to see you both so eager to prove yourselves,” Déodat’s tone held anger laced within his tense tone. “Discord and suspicion amongst an army can be it’s downfall, tolerance and respect are keys to it’s success. Should we not display the unity of our family to those that will one day take over what we have built?” His eyes drifted between each mare hard and cold. He had no desire for his daughter to intake animosity was tolerated within their home.

@[Deimos] @[Roland] @[Mirabella] @[Sialia]
Text text text text text text text text
"Speech speech speech"

image credits
con by aihnna@dA