the Rift

seeking the gold [mirage, open]

Leliel Posts: 55
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 9
ali

As soon as the trees broke and he was in open land, Leliel took to the air, his four wings beating powerfully in time to take him high above Helovia. Looking down he watched the change of landscape. He flew high above a meadow before banking left to explore more toward the south where the cryptic mare, Mirage, had said the Deep Woods was. He did not particularly care for the way she spoke in riddles, nor did he seek the "gold" but he was curious. There had to be a reason for her to be cryptic and whisper only to him where to find her and not his brother. His other reason for following her was simply because his brother would not approve and hopefully would not follow him.

Leliel's decent began when more trees began to pop up in the distance. As he neared the ground his wings flared out to slow him farther and his legs began to move to lessen the shock. Instead of hitting the ground at a stand still he was trotting and eventually slowed until he was stopped and standing before the entrance of the Deep Woods. It was ominous, to say the very least, but he liked the darkness. The stallion tucked his four wings close to his sides as he peered into the forest, hoping to catch a glimpse of gold flittering among the branches.

Finally, he stepped into the forest, his dark form easily blending into the darkness. The stallion's ears rotated atop his head as he listened for stubtle steps other than his own, or the steady beating of wings that would herald the gold's arrival.

Picture Credit

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

It was not often that the mare felt uncertain as to whether her devious ways would lead one astray. The fate of the intriguing, four winged pegasus had tickled the thoughts of her mind only briefly, but that is a far greater amount than normal - for Mirage's cranium is full of many other things, to spare a thought for some unknown newcomer was notable to say the least. She knew so little of him - perhaps it was merely her thirst for knowledge urging her to ponder his whereabouts, his decisions in life. She had given him an option, one that was open ended, his to manipulate and shape to his will. The others that had arrived meant well, she was sure - his brother, the supposed Prince of their homeland seemed kind enough, if a bit pompous, Mirage spared not even an entire thought to his shining form, lumping him with the good fortunes of the Dragon's Throat. Perhaps Lelial would follow them there, perhaps Mirage needed to pay the desert realm a visit in order to find him again, to make clearer her purpose for finding him in the first place.

Nose lifted, testing the air curiously. The golden dragon that was forever entwined with her mind and soul fluttered in the trees above, preening her scales so that they might catch and reflect the Sun's brilliant rays all the better. The metallic, golden marking upon the mare's nape glinted in the dappled light that dripped down through the canopy, curving with the elegant line of her serpentine-like neck. A soft snort fluttered through her nostrils, the scent of the Throat was upon the lands, she stood at the borders of the Deep Forest now, the parched, dry lands were not far from the Forest's treelined edge. But she paused in her step, before venturing further still, a strange shape ahead catching her interest, altering her path. Hope prickled within her, and silent as a wraith she weaved her sleek form about the trees, moving swiftly upon limber legs towards the form that she was growing increasingly confident was Lelial. She had offered him cover from unwanted eyes and pleasant company - help, even, should he come seeking the gold within the Deep Forest.

The question that was posed, of course, was whether he was here, seeking the gold, at all?

Though darkness enveloped them all, light did filter down through the trees. No magic cloaked her form now, she did not need it, in these woods that had become as much a home to her as any herdland might recently. Nape held the refined, chiselled tiara at an attractive angle, the strong curves arching from her smoothly sloping shoulders with athletic ease. Footsteps become more purposeful, more definitive against the background noises that creatures of the forest might orchestrate, and the mare stepped before the stallion, the metallic marking upon her nape obscured somewhat by the silken mane that decorated the rim of the archway. A hidden treasure was still subtly suggested as with each step she took, the mane would ripple invitingly, the sun's rays playing gently with her coat. Akaith was nowhere to be seen, busy distracting herself with dragonly matters for the moment. Accented tones dared to grace the ears of the beast once more, that same whisper of a smile colouring her voice.

"So we meet again, Lelial."

sxc.hu

Hidden Account
ali

Her steps were unnaturally quiet, but they were not completely silent. Thanks to the leaves and twigs that littered the forest floor he heard the telltale sign of her approach, or what he assumed was her approach. There were many animals that resided in the forest, it didn't take a genius to know that. He did not smell anything threatening, however. He shifted his wings, the feathers rustling quietly against one another as his advance stopped and he waited for the mare and her golden dragon to reveal themselves.

It was quite sudden when she stepped in front of him even if he was expecting her. The way she could just disappear and blend with the surroundings and reappear at will was quite unnerving. It was an interesting ability, one that he wished to understand the mechanics of. His expression remained neutral as he looked at the dark mare, taking notice of the absence of her golden companion.

Indeed we do, Mirage." Leliel spoke after the mare addressed him. He said nothing else, instead giving Mirage the chance to speak and explain why she had planted the seed of traveling to the forest and meeting her there. Seeking the Gold as she so aptly put it.

Picture Credit

The stallion acknowledged her, though he was still guarded, still mistrusting of her. She could understand why, but only from the perspective of a stranger thinking she knew another stranger. To her, he was guarded because he was afraid of the unknown, but his showing up here proved that he was willing to learn, that he had potential. A multitude of things could have led him to be afraid of the unknown - she reflected on the interaction she observed with his pompous brother, the alabaster steed Shamsiel. Oh, how the mare longed to know more of this stallion!

But she knew her devious ways would not work on him, she knew that it would take a different technique entirely to ease the discomfort he felt around the new, terrifying world that engulfed him. She welcomed the challenge.

"This Forest can hide many things, Lelial." She says kindly, quietly amused that they had learned each others names by listening to words dropped from others' lips. Hers had been divulged by Onni, his by his brother. "I would like to know your reason for seeking out its depths." She stated clearly, knowing that it was unlikely for him to fold to her will this early on. If anything, she respected him for that, respected his secrets, his privacy; of anything in this world, he was entitled to those. She nodded, acknowledging his rights to his privacy, making it clear that she did not wish to force it from his lips.

"My kin call me their WeyrLeader. We offer protection to whomever requires it; and in return we are protected." Though sunlight filtered down from above, the shadows did obscure her vision, the thickness of the canopy truly creating a barrier from the Sun's almighty light. Mirage stepped closer, to better view the stallion with her deep, knowing, golden gaze.

"Before we go any further, I would like to know one thing; do you come here to be protected, or to offer your protection?" Or do you come seeking both?

sxc.hu

Hidden Account
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu</style>

Leliel forced his body into a relaxed stance, resting one hind hoof on its tip as the mare spoke of the forest. Judging from the density of the trees and the little light that filtered through the treetops he could tell that the forest was full of secrets. Secrets he found himself growing curious of, but prevented himself from asking the mare. He doubted she even knew the depths of the secrets she mentioned.

"I am here because of you." He finally spoke. "You succeeded in making me curious." He was honestly, at least. He had no reason to seek out the forest or the mare other than the fact that she had made him curious in her departure from the Threshold. The dark stallion left it at that, leaving it up to Mirage to proceed with the conversation or just let the both of them standing in silence. He had no problem with silence and welcomed it most of the time, anyway.

A few moments of silence lapsed before Mirage spoke again, introducing herself as the WeyrLeader. One of his ears tilted, a testament of his curiosity at the title, but he remained silent as she continued to speak of her kin, but giving them no real name. Her next question caused the stallion's trademark glower to settle itself on his face once more. So that was the whole reason she'd brought him here? She saw a stallion that she could use to defend herself and her family.

"Did you ask me here only because you desire protection?" He posed his own question to the WeyrLeader before falling silent again. He would not answer her question until she answered his.

NIGHT FALLS AND I'M ALONE.</style>

"You jump to conclusions, Lelial."

The mare pointed out, inwardly exasperated, but outwardly showing nothing but dry knowledge, fact without emotion. That she held his curiosity was good to know, it had been the little shadow's aim all along, to stimulate a yearning for knowledge so strong that he even sought her out. She had controlled his actions without him even being aware.

"I did not ask you here." Once again her dry toned informed him, pointing out a clear truth - Mirage had neither asked the stallion to come here nor had she forced him to come here. She had laid a seed of information in his crown, and he had used it in the manner her saw fit - to seek her out and help that seed to grow.

"You came here seeking gold, Lelial. But I think you seek something more. Until you know what it is you seek, how will you know whether you have found it?" Probing eyes narrowed upon him, the question burning with a million possible different answers. He grew angry at her, assuming so much, assuming that she wanted him solely for her own reasons. Perhaps that would have held truth in the past, but this little mare was a different creature entirely to the one that first crossed the Threshold of Helovia.

"To answer your question, no, I do not desire protection; rest assured I am more than capable of providing that for myself." A glint of amusement might have flickered behind her eyes, many things amused her about that particular statement. That the stallion thought she needed protection, and thought himself worthy enough of providing it? Oh, to have her mate step through the trees and stand by her side now.

"Remember stallion, I asked too if you required protection. Trees and forests are handy to hide one's shadow within, but they do little to alter the footsteps of one's future path."

sxc.hu

Muriel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

image by pinksherbet @ flickr.com</style>

Wings of pink and white soar through the air, cutting the clouds and making them dance. Her feathers sing the air, and there is a faint whisper that dances along behind the mare coated in pink and gold. How long had she been looking for him? The mare did not know, but she kept pushing her wings, her luck, until finally she began to spiral downward, barely catching herself in time to pull up on her four wings to slow the descent, only to crash into some thinned branches of the forest. She lands with an almost crash, more of a slunk of her knees as her long tail drapes the ground in lines of gold and magenta. She looks around with bright purple eyes, ears twitching atop her skull in the darkened light of the forest.

Then, she hears him. Did you ask me here only because you desire protection? She was certain that it was Leliel. She would know his voice if he was half alive, sleeping - always. Regaining her poise, the light pink girl folds her wings and takes off at a canter, her hooves digging into the terrain, multicolored mane waving behind her like a girlish banner. The feminine voice accompanying Leliel's was not registered, not until the tall mare skids past the shadowy form of Mirage and straight for the blue gllinted body of her true love. "Leliel!" she squeals with delight, coming to an abrupt stop beside him, and swinging around at the tail end of Mirages words to be standing parallel to the stallion, facing the same direction. A glance with catty attitude from beneath golden eyelashes is thrown toward Mirage, deadly yet still very, very beautiful. Face of brilliant structure and pale poise looks up toward the familiar stallion, a smile pulled across her now coquettish lips as she moves her muzzle in to touch his likely disgruntled face.

Oh, how she loved him.

A shoulder turns closer toward the black stallion, purple eyes locking onto his own eyes of blue even as she tries to weasel his way even further to his side. "I missed you so much! Why did you leave Janat? Your parents are terribly worried!" She exclaims, glancing back at Mirage only to give her an impudent look before turning her eyes innocently back toward Leliel. "Next time you should tell me where you're going silly. It took me forever to find you." She turns an abrupt glance from behind locks of gold and magenta toward Mirage.

"I'm Muriel, Leliel's girlfriend. Please don't assume that you know him, okay?"
""

MURIEL</style>
 i tried to make the words become a kingdom to your soul.</style>
Muriel is up for adoption.

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
It was surprising, perhaps, how the largest of creatures could be hidden in almost plain sight, standing just beyond the edge of view. Such a thing took practice, but what else had the hybrid stud to do but practice such while patrolling the forest in which the band who he helped protect lived within? Sometimes, he could stand unnoticed by even the most observant, but that was rare. Yet was such today.

Golden eyes watched in amused silence as his ebon mate shifted from the forest's embrace to greeting the stallion with two sets of wings. Absently he wondered as to the flight dynamics of such a build while he listened to the pair talk. Words dallied back and forth and around the subject at hand. His ears twitched at the other steed's words. Curious, eh? He thought silently, then smiled ironically when Mirage politely refuted the possibility.

A chuckle was just beginning to rumble in his chest when he became aware of another approaching... just in time to hear the delighted and feminine squeal that pronounced this interesting stud's name. Bemusedly he watched the odd colored mare - with the same number of wings - race toward the stallion in question.

Deciding this moment of distraction was just perfect for making his own appearance, he stepped from the trees with only the heavy tread of his hooves and the rustle of his leathery wings to announce him. In the bright mare's wake he crossed to Mirage, circling around behind her with the light touch of his muzzle grazing her back. If their closeness highlighted the extent of his towering frame, if the path he chose happened to display his enormous wings and long, sharp-tipped tail, if the arch of his neck displayed the gleam of scales at his chest to advantage... well. That wasn't necessarily intentional. Or perhaps it was.

Taking his place beside Mirage, Vikram indulged in a chuckle, the sound rich and deep. Deeper than that of the other stud's, and constrasting sharply against the excited tones of the mare's. "She has more protection than she wishes for, good sir. So I can't imagine yours being entirely necessary." While spoken with polite tones, there was every implication to his words to imply that the protection referred to was his own. The glance he cast toward Mirage was quietly fond and almost innocent, as he fully expected a meaning-laden glance for his troubles of standing up for her.

Then those golden, cat-slitted eyes fell on the self-proclaimed Muriel, girlfriend to this Leliel. A smile quirked at his lips. "I am Vikram, Mirage's mate." Perhaps there was a mild attempt at a dig there, but his gaze moved toward the other stallion at the end of his statement, and it would be difficult to say if it were a mere dig or a warning. Or both. Perhaps both, perhaps neither.

Hidden Account
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu</style>

The mare was condescending and it did not sit well with the black and blue stallion. He had left his home because of the abusive ways that the elders and his own family treated him and the condescending ways they spoke to him. He would not stand for the same treatment in a place that he had run to in hopes of being free. "I came here because of you." Leliel repeated. "You planted the seed of curiosity. Why did you do it?" She wasn't going to be the only one asking questions if he could help it.

There was a sudden squeal of his name that made the stallion visibly cringe. Why? Why, when he had traveled so far from Janat had she been able to find him? Why had Shamsiel been able to find him? Did the gods really dislike him so? Were the elders right about him being so hated? He gritted his teeth as the mare pushed her muzzle against his face. He wanted to snap at her that he had not asked for her to touch him nor had he said she was allowed to.

A second arrived on the scene, this one a stallion of bronze that looked nothing like any pegasus he had ever seen in his homeland before. "Be quiet, Muriel." He said to the mare as Mirage spoke again followed by the dragon stallion. Their words, again, did not sit well with the stallion. "I require no protection other than my own, mare." He replied cooly.

"What?!" His head turned to Muriel, his blue eyes a tad wider. "You are not." She was not his girlfriend. She never had ever been his girlfriend and as far as he was concerned she never would be. Ears laid back against his head as he caught the stallion introducing himself as Mirage's mate. Yes, he took it as a dig and it only fueled his dislike of the situation the black mare had put him in when she whispered in his ear.

NIGHT FALLS AND I'M ALONE.</style>

Another arrived, and Mirage had to admit at the easy, natural beauty possessed by this mare who so passionately declared herself Lelial's - or rather, declared Lelial her own. At the glances thrown her way, Mirage's gaze did not shift, her expression forever clear, impassive. She observed their interaction with silent amusement, though did well to remain as still as a statue as they squabbled - much like an old married couple.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Muriel." Honest tones leaked from her maw as she inclined her tiara a smudge to the mare, a simple greeting. The presence of her mate was something Mirage always had an inkling of, a sneaking suspicion that he was forever watching her, ready to jump to her defence at any given time. It comforted her, to know that he would put his efforts into looking over her even when they were not curled up sleeping side by side on those rare occasions that both of them allowed themselves some respite.

An ear tilted towards him, that was all the mare gave him in greeting. She knew he would understand, he always did. Her subtle, nearly imperceptible ways allowed no more of an open greeting to him, though he stroked her back with the softness of his muzzle, she did not dance away from his touch like she would have if another stallion tried similar. That was perhaps, the greatest gesture she could give; silent acceptance of his presence, and the words that followed his arrival.

At this moment, the little shadow mare may have felt slightly sorry for Lelial. He had come here, seeking what? Her? What had she promised him? Information? A small sigh passed through her nostrils, invisible to the others, as she considered what she could do to resolve his upset. Everything else aside, the little charcoal mare did want to help.

"Life is full of choices, Lelial. You chose to be pulled by the seed I planted. You chose to seek me out." A small tilt of her head, a fortunate ray of sunlight lit up the golden marking upon her nape. Mirage was the gold, of course, but would Lelial be observant enough to realise this? "I saw potential within you, Leliel. But potential for what, I am still unsure. What is it you wish to achieve by coming here? I ask, only so that I might know whether I can offer my aid to you after all." Her voice was strong, steady, her eyes boring into his own without breaking the stare, her entire demeanour screamed that she only longed to help him. But she could not help him, if he did not wish to accept it.

sxc.hu