the Rift

Lonesome [open]

Avigail Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Avigail lifted her head up towards the azure sky, and sighed. She had been travelling for days, and so far there had been no sign of the Dragons Throat herd, or any horse for that matter. Of course, it didn't bother her, being alone. Infact, she truly enjoyed the moments that she was just her by herself. And today was no different, even with the territory was new and alien to her.

The dusty sand had gotten to Avigail's dappled, ashen coat, making it appear dull and dirty, and she dared not to fly encase she was thought of as a spy or enemy. She was just about sick of this barren landscape. Though gradually, here and there sprigs of grass began to appear and soon enough she was walking through thick, lush grass, wet with morning dew. Eventually she came to a tree, standing tall and alone amidst the green. She remembered trees like this from when she lived here, before the war.

Assuming it would be safe from here, she unfolded her wings, stretching them out to their full length proudly. With a few powerful thrashes she took flight, climbing higher and higher into the air until she was level with the top of the tree. Her dark mahogany orbs then scanned the area, searching some sign of active life, and she found it.

There was a herd of about 30 horses, spread out around a large lake.
"Finally." she nickered to herself. She flew out from behind the tree and swooped down, about halfway between the horses and the huge tree. From here Avigail whinnied, loud and clear, calling out to the herd. Surely they would hear her from there.

She shook herself violently, trying to remove some of the dust and dirt she had collected on her journey. Then the mare sighed, this place had offered solitude for a while and it faded away all to soon.

Adoxa Posts: N/A
Unregistered

I hear a call in the distance, the whinny of another who seems to want an answer. I had already gotten up before my brother and mothers and decided to stretch my legs. I now hesitantly glance in the direction the call came from. I am not one to leave my family’s side; I know it would worry them too much, but again I feel obligated to answer the other’s call. My greenish orbs flicker with indecision, and I know that the safest option would be to run along back to my twin and parents. I would be reprimanded for sure if I scurried along to this unknown horse. Still, the curiosity and need to heal the other’s lonesome howl draws me closer to the source, until I see an ashen winged mare.

She looks out upon the lake, searching for the one to answer her call, not knowing I had and am right there behind her. Suddenly, my vocal chords are frozen and I do not know what to say. I stand there mute and invisible to the dappled beauty, my chartreuse eyes wide with fear of the unknown. I know it is not too late to hurry back to my family before they wake, and the mare will never know I stood behind her. I also know that leaving her here by herself would eat away at me for a while. I will have to converse with her; my healing nature would never let me forgive myself. Slowly and silently, I move up beside her and stand in her shadow. I inch my nose out to her side, reaching up and gently prodding her, grabbing her attention with my bright eyes and soft nose. "Hello, I heawd youw call?” Embarrassment flares under my cheeks, making them feel hot. I hate my voice. Will I ever talk right?
stock

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
Hector looked around his surroundings with a vague perplexed expression on his face. Even for morning it was so serene. No hustle and bustle, no one shouting orders and most of all... No one had yet called him a name or even looked at him funny. It was nice, so nice to live in peace but still the mighty stallion couldn't help but think it odd. He wondered often if they did not feel... vulnerable? In his former home the citizens did not feel well protected if they didn't see at least a dozen soldiers, or a General snapping orders to make sure the borders were protected. No. Hector's new herd mates lived happily which drove his thoughts to wonder about Kri. What kind of leader was she? A quaint half smile appeared on his lips as he thought about the Resolute and her herd. She must be very convincing he thought idly to himself. For a place to live as peacefully as this... Very convincing indeed.

A rather loud whinny pierced his musings and Hector quickly smothered an annoyed look to gaze upon the slender mare. Her fur was dappled and still rather dark although the brute pinned the femme down as being older than he. She was tall although not overly huge like Hector but shared the same leonine tail, except hers was covered in feathers. Shifting his sun beaten hooves, Hector decided it was time to meet others of this land that was called Helovia. Maybe she would be of the same herd, or have some interesting story.

Upon reaching his destination, Hector noticed there was another present. A child only with a friendly curiosity. He too possessed a similar tail that would eventually grow long and strong. The steed gazed at the pair, one his junior and the other his senior. One a boy the other a mare. Hector smiled brightly, trying to take the edge off his towering appearance. "Good morning" he offered with vocals deep and powerful.
[Image: hectortable.png]
image © rmlowe@flickr

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Unregistered
Avigail looked out over the lake, waiting patiently for her call to be answered. At the feeling of something nudging her leg she whizzed round to find another Pegasus, except, this one was a foal. The mare groaned inwardly. She would have much rather be left alone, than in the company of a child. Avigail smirked, especially a child that couldn't even talk properly. The little colt had a thick build but was very plain in appearance, completely black with a leonine tail, a trait he shared with her.

"Yes," she replied "but I'm afraid you are of no use to me at the moment, I need to speak to an adult." As if one of the Gods had heard her, a deep voice sounded behind them. Finally, some adult company! The mare thought to herself as she turned around to greet what presumably a stallion. Avigail stood there in pure amazement for a few seconds, just staring at him, speechless. This liver beast appeared to be a mixture of all three species.

Two horns protruded from his head. The first was the usual place for a unicorns horn - the middle of the forehead - and was easily the same length of his head. The other was just a fraction of the size and sat just above his nostrils. Then there were his enormous wings, each one as big as him, and this stallion was big. She cleared her throat and stopped herself from gawping at him any longer. "Hello, my name is Avigail, may I ask yours?"

Lloyd Posts: N/A
Unregistered
(bump)

Unregistered
( buuump :') )