the Rift

[PRIVATE] One of us needs to get our ass in gear [Oxy]

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
Rostislav
Feeling a little better since my spar with Elsa, my body is recovering with the help of Kiara's healing. All the same, I feel pretty roughed up. That won't stop me, however, from having a very wonderful moment just for me. I will call upon the one and only Oxy. He and I have barely spoken for.. well.. for a long time. We saw each other last at the Asylum meeting, brief though it was. Asylum or not - whatever is going on with that - he is still a member of the Hidden Falls, and he needs to do something to contribute to his herd.

I stand by the pool at the base of the waterfall by the cliffs. Staring at my reflection, I can see my still bedraggled appearance and my mangled ear. It's better than it was, but I can remember the pain, and I know that it doesn't look so good. I raise up again and call out as loudly as my voice can manage. OXY! I beckon him to me, as a general speaking to one of his subordinates. (Of course, I am unaware of his battle with Eris, or his victory.) It's a rather nice feeling, bossing around someone who seems so resentful of me. But I wouldn't mind being friends - we have a lot to bond over, in my opinion. I hope to give him some task, but what that task is.. I haven't thought of yet.

Maybe it will be patrolling. Maybe it will be getting high as shit. I dunno... Whatever works, I suppose. Maybe I'll try to make him dance, just to get a little stupid joy out of it. Honestly, I'm not used to giving orders, but being a general, I guess that's something I'm supposed to do. Who knows! I yawn, bored, as I wait for Oxy to hear me and answer my call. I wonder how will he respond: politely, with respect? Disdainfully? Like an asshole? I'm up for anything.

Walk. Talk.

Tag: @[Oxy]
OOC: To give Oxy a task, unless he's general now, in which case Oxy can tell Rosti and they can conspire together as generals. Either way ^_^
Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
Oxy the Legatus. Truth be told, you think it's a stupid name for general. General Oxy the Addict. You like that one much better, but since Legatus is what they're going to call you, you guess you'll just have to deal with it. Whatever. Stupid name or not, you've finally got the title to prove that you're better than everyone else. Except the Golden Pegasus and the Glass Horn, of course, but for now you suppose you're ok with them being in charge. You had been plotting to take them down, of course, but that was before they showed a little respect. Since you don't really want their jobs anyway, you guess you can tolerate second best for now. But only to them. There's another Legatus in these lands and you suppose you ought to find him and remind him that these lands aren't big enough for the two of you... Or something like that.

Speak of the devil, the drunk bastard calls your name, apparently demanding your presence at some surprise meeting. Rolling your eyes, only to have your companion prod you with her frustration for it, you set off at a lazy walk towards him. Let him wait. You'll get there when you feel like it. You wouldn't even go to him at all, except that you've got to announce to him just how special you are and you can't do that if you're not there in front of him.

As you finally arrive before him, you purposefully reach into your bag and drag out a couple of the vines. Your supply is getting mildly low, you suppose you'll have to head back to the ocean soon, but in the mean time you can chew on these two and prove your point that your poison of interest is much better than his. Taking your time with the chewing, you widen your stance and lower your head a little to help you keep balance. Then, you promptly say... nothing. He called you after all, let him start. You'll get to the part where you tell him how awesome you are later. You want to watch him making a fool of himself as he tries to boss you around first.
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Rostislav
It doesn't take too long before I see my frenemy on the horizon. He's taking his good sweet time getting to me, but that's alright. I suppose I can wait a bit - it's not like I have more important things going on right now. Ha ha ha. He doesn't seem too interested in my presence even, except perhaps feeling some obligation to listen to me beckon for him. He's chewing on something as he approaches, and as he gets closer I wonder if this is his normal weed of choice that he enjoys to keep up his high. I wonder if he will share. Damaris reaches up my hindquarters, her claws digging into my flesh as she barks in laughter. We both know that that is an absolutely ridiculous idea.

He gets closer and plants himself in front of me. He's not thrilled to see me, not thrilled to be here, and has his mind focused on other things. I clear my throat. I'm not really a leadership type of guy, but I guess I'll have to try my hand at it. I got this position, I'd better do what I can to actually get all this done. "Oxy, I thought you might not have come." It was the truth. But perhaps Oxy has a little honor left to him, that's good. We're probably about equal on that level. "We should be gathering troops and practicing sparring, running patrols." I clear my throat. The look he's giving me is distracting and I find myself struggling to organize my thoughts. Damaris jumps down from my hindquarters and walks up next to me and stares at the unicorn brute and his boggart. Her green eyes glow as she evaluates the beast, trying to decide if she likes him or not, and whether he is a friend or an enemy for me. She's unsure, and continues to give him a leveled stare, her hackles raising silently ever-so-slightly.

Walk. Talk.

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Chew. Pause. Chew. Pause. Chew. Your counterpart clears his throat. What the hell is this, some kind of stupid game? You roll your eyes, social as ever. Crotchety is a good way to describe you- although Rosti's probably figured that out by now. “Well perhaps you're an idiot who thought wrong,” you offer to him, contemplatively, as though it's actually a question to wonder over. Truth be told, it's not really a question to wonder about at all, since you already knew that he was an idiot before you got here. Still, just in case he didn't know that about himself, better to let him know. At least you'll all know where you stand.

But he insists that you and he should be doing something together. We. You don't like the taste of the word in your mouth. To be associated with him... You almost spout something else stupid out- about how running scared from lava doesn't make him a general- but you can't be too gruff with him, you suppose. You doubt the Golden Pegasus would appreciate you harassing his pet general. And as much as you've decided that the Golden Man might be ok, you're still pretty sure that he would throw you to the dogs pretty quickly if it came down to being between you and Rostislav. You may be bitter, but you're not entirely stupid.

While you try to figure out where exactly you want to go with this conversation, you turn your head down to the dog. Raising an eyebrow to it- it's so small, after all- you look back up just in time to see your boggart playing games. No doubt, she is trying to undermine you in some way or form. At any rate, she has adopted the form of a flask. An empty one, apparently, as the flask is upside down and bobbing up and down, not a drop coming out. Rosti's greatest fear? You doubt it, but perhaps one of them. You smirk as the image disappears back into a nearly-invisible black wisp and flits back towards you. You do not usually find your companion useful, but at times she has proven beneficial.

“Practicing for what? I haven't seen anything dangerous here since... ever.” Of course, you actually think practicing is an excellent idea, but you're trying to be obstinate in a covert manner. Maybe he'll offer you some sort of useful information that you didn't know previously. “Do we even have any troops?” Truth be told, if you do have any, you haven't seen them. Clearly they haven't been honing their craft. Useless.
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Rostislav
God what an asshole. I think I'm bad, but really, I'm like Sunday tea next to him. Mostly it's the lack of respect to a superior. (Or what I am perceiving as superior - I'm not good at staying up to date.) First he calls me an idiot. I roll my eyes in return, not that you can really tell with them being more or less all the same white color. But it's the thought that counts! Even his companion is making fun of me, mocking my drinking. Damaris barks and starts growling, her hackles raised. I wouldn't mess with my hellhound - though she is young, her acidic spit is already starting to function well, and I certainly don't want any part of it. In my peripheral vision, I see some of it drip to the ground, and hear the grass singe and die. Yikes.

I return my focus fully to the stoner in front of me. He asks what we might practice for and if we even have any troops. Does it fucking matter? You're part of the troops. Go spar some more. I don't trust your stoned face to do any good for us. I spit in his face, snarling. Get the stick out of your ass Oxy and say what you need to say. But I don't give him a chance to say what he needs to say, because really, I want him to just get over it. Sure, I'll listen if he speaks up, but right now actions seems to speak louder than words. This twat needs to shape the fuck up and grow a pair. I think of the magic that was gifted to me by the sphinx. Perhaps this is a time to test it out.

I furrow my brow and my nostrils flare. I stomp the ground, and around me the earth ruptures, rock cracking and rising from below, sod joining it as it all hovers in the air. With a strange, disturbing bellow from me, it all flies at Oxy. I grin as it smashes against his face and chest, with sod falling over his back and to the ground. I grunt, and let my control of the earth stop; any remaining bits falling to the ground, once again inanimate. I don't have the time or patience for insubordination. Get your shit together, Oxy. Get it fucking together.

Walk. Talk.
OOC: Used my earth magic. If I need to edit it I can. :)
Magic (Earth): Can crack the ground with a stomp that allows him to lift dirt and rock and direct it at an opponent

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Ignorant as you are of... everything, you don't really notice his puppy's acid saliva dripping to the grass. You're not really worried about her, to be honest. You suppose that, even though she's useless, your boggart thing could probably take her. Whatever. It's not like you need to be doing any fighting right now anyways. You're clearly much better than the drunken fool before you. Whatever source you got that information from is questionable, of course, and yet... you trust your unreliably informants- especially when they say you're better.

But wait... now you're confused. Because he called you we and acted like you belonged together, but now he's talking to you like you still have to answer to him? He's a bigger fool than you thought. But whatever, you'll just have to set him right. Apparently after you get the stick out of your ass, though. But you don't really have any time to get a nonexistent stick out of your ass. He stomps the ground and suddenly you are faced with cracking ground and rising rocks. If there is one thing in this earth you don't like, it's floating rocks.

Well, you actually just made that up right now, but it's true, you're finding. Good thing you've gotten so used to overreacting. You barely have time to throw your head up, still catching several chunks of dirt across your cheek, before you are bombarded with soil and stone to the chest. You squeal in annoyance and surprise, not really sure what to do. It's an entirely unpleasant feeling, you decide, as you feel bruises begin to form almost immediately. Blood begins to trickle down your chest and your back and you stumble backwards over what dirt has fallen all around him.

A few steps later, when you finally gather your balance, you narrow your eyes and release your own sort of magic- your blood magic. He wants to play that game? You wait to watch him struggle to breath, to gasp for air and oxygen, where you know no amount of gasping will help. A mildly amused smirk crosses your lips as you shake yourself off, wincing from the pain of the new-found bruises, before stepping forward.

“Somebody forgot to tell you you're not the only asshole in charge, I see.” You sort of snort at him, waiting for him to recover from your magical assault, and then look him straight in those creepy ass eyes. “Anyways, I distinctly remember you calling me here, so you say what you need to say.” And then you can go back to hating him from afar. An odd couple you two are indeed. As for you doing any good for the herd... maybe not. But you'll do pretty good for yourself, you suppose.

OOC| Dark x Water Magic: Able to burst red blood cells, causing reduced hemoglobin levels therefore signs of anemia and oxygen deprivation. Symptoms include muscle cramping, shortness of breath, increased heart rate, disorientation and fade after 30 seconds.

Rostislav
The sick satisfaction that comes from seeing this... brute... in pain spreads through me like venom. Coursing through my veins, changing cells to death as it goes. Am I really that evil, that sick, that I take pleasure in another's suffering? Sometimes. That's that make me a bad soul? Maybe. Or maybe I'm just handing out what needs to be handed out. The seemingly uncoordinated oaf squeals and seems unsure of how to handle the earth that has attacked him. A few trickles of blood run down his coat, but the satisfaction that I feel inside does not appear on my face. We should not be fighting like this, but somehow it needs to happen. Constipated feelings is what we've got and there is no way either of us is mature enough to talk it out.

Although I feel I've delivered a nice, even blow... Oxy is not without his own tricks. The look he gives me would make a lesser beast shiver with fear, but I stand my ground. Standing my ground, and finding it harder and harder to breathe. The oxygen that I'm taking in... it's like my lungs work fine but the air is dying inside of me.. I feel myself growing fainter, and my legs tremble now. A panic rises inside of me and Damaris starts to whine, worrying for me. Oxy does not let me suffer too long, only long enough to make his point. Soon I am gasping for air, finally feeling it rush into my lungs and stay there, satisfying the ache that as permeating every pore of my poor body.

Once I am steady again - and he is as well - we can speak like more than petulant children (or attempt to). The news he first presents me with is indeed surprising. He's right, someone did forget to tell me that Oxy has taken the place of Eris. He's also right that we are both assholes. A smirk begins to find a home on my velvets. He moves to the point of our gathering quickly, and as he finishes, the smirk is fully set in place. Very well Comrade. Can we set our differences aside then, and work together? Trying very hard to move from frenemies to friends, but I'm not sure Oxy's got it in him to make that leap of faith. We need to whip our.. army, or whatever.. into shape. Find our soldiers and get them fit and fighting. Will you step up as Legatus and assist me?

Walk. Talk.

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

The throbbing and bleeding caused by the sudden, surprising earth attack continues to wreck your body. The pulsing is rhythmic, but deep, and your muscles tighten in protest despite the fact that they have been assaulted many times before. Despite the fact that you don't like him, you can appreciate that Rostislav's magic is powerful and dramatic. Clearly, however, you are showing him your own power. As you continue to shake yourself free of the remaining rocks and stones that are settled around you, you watch the Drunk's face turn from one of smug satisfaction to a gasping panic. Good. Let him suffer.

But in time your magic effect fades and your counterpart is allowed to return to normality. You frown. A shame, really. You'd love to see him just gasp to death on the ground, flop about like a fish out of water, until he cannot move any longer. But ah, it is not an option. You're convinced you're the only one in this stupid herd that could do the duty- not because he's so much better than the rest, but because so many of the herd members are weak. Therefore, if the fool dies, you know you'll be blamed for it and subsequently relieved of your duty and home. Shame.

In response to his first question, you obstinately lay your ears back and grunt, but provide no indication either positive or negative of your intentions. As for getting your army into shape... “Whatever.” But your voice is not biting or hateful. You hope nobody makes any mistakes in thinking you actually like him- you don't- but you've considered the possibilities if you don't try to get along and it doesn't make your future look bright. You decide to assign yourself a task, if only it will get you away from Rostislav. “The Glass Horn wants to train with the Throat. I'll set it up.” Furrowing your brow, you shift your body about like you're ready to leave, ready to go anywhere but here, but you wait to see if the Drunk has anything else to say.

Rostislav
I stare at him, watching the blood trickle slowly down his sides, the flow slowing. Neither of us are good at this, are we? And yet, a necessary evil. Try as we might, we can never seem to stop acting like children. Oxy seems pretty resolute about keeping up our immature feud. Though I'd like to move on, I can't do it without him moving on too. So be it. Damaris rubs her head against me, and I can tell she wants this to be over - perhaps even more than us two stallions. Though it's clear he's reluctant to participant in any joint effort as generals, he seems to finally decide that maybe, perhaps, he can put in a little effort. Thank goodness for that. I'm not sure I want to do anymore leadership-y type of business, and this whole working with my frenemy thing is kind of a pain in the ass. He's completely noncommittal to working together, "Whatever". And yet, he does manage to contribute something. Sparring with members of the Throat? Not a bad idea. Getting all of the members of an alliance together to build their fighting skills is a very good idea, in fact. Unfortunately for Oxy, I cannot credit him with the idea. The Glass Horn (Seele, I guess, she does have a glass horn after all) gets the credit for that, and I make a note in my head that maybe she's not just all words. I nod in agreement with him, and let him go his way. Damaris and I will find something else to do, what that is.. I really have no idea. Not in the slightest. Maybe I'll let Oxy do the work for once, and I'll go take a nap....

Walk. Talk.

OOC: that post might have been like.. extremely redundant.
Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread