the Rift

[DROP] Carpentry Lessons

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The CARPENTER was nearly done. He had dug an ENORMOUS pit, and filled it with water. He was actually quite proud of his giant SQUARE pit. In the CENTRE, he had left another SQUARE of land, which, just in case you were interested, was 30 FEET from the edges. At the very center of this square, was a small GLOWING EGG. Picking up two planks of wood, the CARPENTER scurried onto his pseudo island, quite pleased with himself. As he sits down with the egg, a magical barrier is created all around the water, preventing both magical abilities, and flight. The planks that he used to reach the island, float back onto the shore, to be used again.

On the shore, he has left you two planks of wood as well, identical to those that he used. Each piece of wood is 29 FEET LONG.

Can you reach the island, to claim the egg for yourself?

This is for a Common Non Specific Mythical Companion: Kitsune, Boggart, Hellhound, Cerndyr. This drop will close in 72 hours. Please post all prior refusals at the bottom of your post - wishlists are not needed. Also, be reminded that the 1-month waitlist rule is still currently revoked. You may enter this drop, even if you do not have the specified companion on your wishlist. Please read the rules of the drop very carefully. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.

This is a PUZZLE drop. Please post your characters arriving as you normally would, however DO NOT post their answer - PM the RE account with their solution.

Things you know
  • Both the water and the land in the center are square.
  • The distance between the outer edge (where you're standing) and the mini-island, is 30 feet.
  • The Carpenter has given you each two planks of wood, which are 29 feet long. You must use these to reach the center.
  • Pegasi may NOT fly. No magic is allowed.
  • This puzzle can be completed on your own. You do not need a partner. Though you are allowed to work together.
  • The planks cannot be attached to each other.

If you have any questions, please PM this account.

Questions asked
"How wide are the planks?"
- The answer is irrelevant to the solution. Assume they are widen enough to walk on.

"How thick are the planks?"
- The answer is irrelevant to the solution. Assume they are thick enough to support your weight.

"Do we each have our own set of planks?"
- Yes. Each participant receives two identical sets of planks. However, even if you decide to work with someone else, a correct answer may only use two planks

"It says the planks cannot be attached. Can they be stacked?"
- Yes. But keep in mind, the normal laws of gravity will apply.

"How deep is the pit?"
-The answer is irrelevant to the solution. We'll say it's 30 feet deep.

"Does our response to the RE have to be IC?"
- No. Just make sure your answer is clear.

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

Moping around the Rotunda, I move slowly, feeling something begin to call me. It was a magical pulse, echoing through my bones. I perk my ears, feeling it tug at my fractured soul. I begin to wander forward, weaving along until I run upon a large trench, filled with water. I look at it, surveying the layout of it. It was square, with a glowing egg in the center of a small island thirty feet from the water's edge. I frown, looking at the egg. A companion? Another soul? My heart flutters with excitement as I look out towards the egg and the being that's sitting with it. I open my wings to fly but some magical, unseen force folds them back to my sides. I sit, awestruck. What am I supposed to do now? I can't fly to the island... what am I going to do? Swimming... well.. I don't think I could stand swimming that far.

Walking around the square, my mind whirls with ideas. I find two planks sitting, waiting for me. I approach them, hurrying along for I am the only one so far. Maybe I could get it! Oh I was so excited, so prepared to get this little egg and call it my own. Never again would I be alone, never would I have to feel the awful, feeling of being alone. Sure I had Aurelia, but.. she wasn't around all the time. And she didn't understand me very well. I wanted someone who did, someone who didn't even have to talk to me to know I was in pain.

I dip down and pull the planks from the water, nudging them along with my hooves. I had a plan in mind, but I didn't quite know if it was going to work. But it was worth a shot.. wasn't it? I want to get to the egg before someone else does, because then someone will have the chance to take it away from me— as it has been every single time I've come across an egg. No matter how many times I've tried, I have never succeeded.

"These soldiers are not here to kill you; They're here to protect you."
ooc: Destry wants a Kistune with Electric ability :3
previous denial
word count: 354

Picture by lieveheersbeestje

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Taking the little time that she had alone the pale mare leapt at the chance to take a break from her colts. Yes she did love them and all but everyone needed a break now and again, thankfully the Edge was full of kind souls willing to watch them for a couple hours. Trotting along the Rotunda became her venture for the day, she had not spent much time here so she figured what the hell she might as well explore. As she got closer she began to feel something drawing her deeper, guiding her progress. Curiosity fueled her actions as she gave in and started letting the unknown help her to find her way to whatever would be waiting.

The last times she had felt something like this was when the gods had visited the earth and left behind one of their precious eggs containing something incredible. Perhaps this would be her chance to finally be on the receiving end of one of these events. Each time she had managed to show up for one she was found unworthy and turned away disappointed. Finally her eyes caught sight of the precious item but a problem stood in the way of her reaching it. Since when had there been an island here? Looking around she found another stallion seeming to be trying to find a solution to the same problem. Instead of watching his attempts her hooves carried her around the perimeter of the water searching for what her options could be.

Would it be possible for her to jump across the gap? Maybe but there had to be an easier way she mused stopping to gaze down into the water deep in thought. If she had wings the solution would be simple but since she was stuck to the land she needed to make use of items she could find laying around. Thinking back to the stallion an idea began forming. Those boards he had been fiddling with, that had to be the solution! A smirk crossed her face in delight at her potential solution, now all she had to do was wait for him to either give up and leave or figure out the solution himself. Walking slowly back to where he stood she mentally calculated the distance they needed to cross before figuring in the size of the boards, yes this was going to work or so she hoped. She wanted to be the successful recipient of this challenge, if only the creature inside would deem her worthy of becoming its friend and adoptive family.

Brisa is hoping for a Kitsune [Electric Ability]
Denials:
One
Two

Brisa talks
Aeolus talks
Levex talks

•• TAGS: -- •• NOTES: -- ••

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
Hotaru

How she ends up at the Rotunda, she doesn't know. She had been wandering Helovia ever since her pregnancy, debating where her future would take her and what choices she should make. But whatever drove her there, she thanks the Gods for leading her hooves. The familiar tingle of a magical presence pulls at her skin. She'd been at the hand of multiple failed attempts at fixing her loneliness, but Hotaru didn't know the meaning of giving up. She would pursue a companion as long as she could, until she was finally awarded the gift of love and a soul intertwined with hers. It was all she really wanted in life, and she would chase after it with an intensity she normally did not apply to anything else.

Her eyes took in the surroundings quickly, eyeing the orb and the guardian beside it on the island. She had to act fast, her plan already forming in her head. She wouldn't allow the other two mares to steal a life of happiness away from her a second time. Despite the swell of her stomach impeding her speed, she quickly collected her two planks and ran off to start setting them up how she planned. It was all she had ever wanted. She would get a companion no matter what. She would do it not only for herself, but for the little soul in her belly.

She couldn't guarantee a sibling...but maybe she could give her foal something else, a companion to lean on and befriend, a guardian for when Hotaru couldn't keep an eye out on her child. So she grit her teeth in determination, sliding the planks around and eyeing the other two warily. She wasn't going to lose, not again.

---
Previous denial:
One
Two

She's wanting [Companion: Common/Royal Hellhound | Acid]

Image Credit
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Rei

Rei dipped and glided on the lazy wind that blew in the direction of her home. As the wind kissed her feathers and ran its cool fingers through her mane and tail everything in her world felt right. Her heart still ached for her mother and father, but it also rejoiced at her new-found friends and leaped with excitement at the limitless possibilities that Helovia offered to all of its inhabitants, regardless of their outward appearance. Here in her new home Rei was an equal.

Her flight pattern changed from a frivolous meandering course home to one quickly veering off course. She had spotted a group gathering, during her time in the sky she had glimpsed other pegasi, unicorns, and equines; but they hadn't ever gathered in such a way. Unable to return to her content state of being until she had investigated Rei landed a short distance from the others who had already arrived.

Curiously she made her way to the mix matched group to inquire on what the ever growing crowd was there for. Before even asking her question she heard the word companion uttered from a few mouths. Thinking of those she had met with companions her ears flicked every way listening to the bits of muttering and eager conversations that were passed throughout those gathered. She wanted this. Anxious adrenaline coursed through her veins. Rei was filled to the brim with endless possibilities involving herself and her own companion.

She could just glimpse a faintly glowing egg sitting in the center of the island. A cocky grin spread on her face as she moved into a bouncing trot with her tail whisking from side to side thrown up like a flag of victory. The mottled pegasus tossed her head in pride as she moved to spread her wings. All to soon the movement was turned to a frustrated shaking of her head. Standing still in bewilderment she once again tried spreading her wings but it was to no avail. It was if they had been bound to her sides. Highly embarrassed she kept moving forward, trying to play off her moment as something she had intentionally done. Helovia was a land of magic and mystery, slightly nervous at her inability to take to flight, she comforted herself in the fact that it was most likely only an affect in the area. Getting to the egg was meant to be a challenge.

The thought sent a wave of relief through her along with the determination. With the two elongated stick like objects she would make her way across the water and onto the island.

"May I try?" Patiently she stood back and furrowed her brow in concentration. Torn between cheering each that went before her and wishing for their failure she felt guilty. To make up for her somewhat selfish thoughts she smiled at each as they moved forward to take their turn and offered them words of encouragement before taking her own chance.

OOC: Rei would like to have a Kitsune with the Dark Illusions ability. This is her first attempt, she hasn't ever been denied.

Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
She needed to get out, that much I was certain of. Seele had been locking herself in her own little corner of the Falls for far too long, and it was about time that she actually ventured outside the borders. I could tell that she was physically stronger - but that is not what I cared about at this moment. No, it was her mental strength. She may not feel the anger, the disappointment, the betrayal which could seethe through my veins, but she was not in the same state of mind she had been prior. Paranoia was leaking through her brain and everything around us seemed to be a threat - even if it was only a branch swaying in the breeze. It made no sense to me, but I would not fight her about it - not yet at least.

Alas, as we came closer and closer to where the Marsh was, we saw a building of magnificent proportions. It was one that shocked me and threw more of Seele's paranoia into the air. However, as I took a closer look while Seele inched in closer, it was the sight of a stallion crossing over onto an island that drew my attention. With a gentle nudge in that direction Seele took off, sliding to a stop beside the four horses whom have gathered thus far. Her calculating eyes taking in the planks for which she could use to get to the middle. Perhaps it is time that you find a friend who is not only in your mind, I offer to the mare who has called me Liebling, dawned me as hers to protect. She deserved someone who would be there for her physically as well as mentally - and perhaps this time it would actually happen.

Normal
Voices
"Speech"

Seele would like a Common Bogart with the Haunt ability
No previous denials
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Athenä Posts: 23
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 [Bird Song]
Candy

athenä
living with a ghost

It felt good to escape every now and then, every day becoming older; more experienced with what the world had to offer. But you had never seen anything like this before, as you stand upon the hill and gaze upon the horizon. How unusual to see an island cut into such a strange shape, and others gathering around trying to cross the mote that borders the islands edges; no doubt they were after the glowing sphere within the center island- but why? Intrigued, you move your growing physique with no rush, walking up to the group of mixed elders scuttling around with long wooden planks. You smile, excited to see such silly antics going on about the afternoon; what are they after? Continuing on your journey, you too reach the edge of the waters, gazing as if drawn like a insect to the element of light, staring as if a god had appeared before you.

And just like everyone else, you wanted it too.

So with your violet eyes alight with joy, you turned with determination and struggled with your wee bodice to move those rather large wooden planks around. Dusting up your plush peach muzzle shoving them into the water, and with thought you stand, and look upon them. And idea rumbling about in your mind; unsure If it would work you take a nervous breath and gaze to the fellow equines around you. Perhaps you reconsider your thoughts, and return your hungry gaze to the glowing sphere upon the island. This was going to be difficult, good luck child. 'You’ll be mine.' Now, now let’s not get too ahead of yourself. But get to work- the race is on for the glowing prize, what will you do?

"Talking."
'Thinking.'
tags // -
wordcount // 290
ooc // Seeking Boggart with Haunt Ability | No Previous Denials

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
 Adelric 
The half-child and his curious mind are always at work, always wondering and wandering and wavering about. Today, he watched as his new step-sister left their home and began to wander. Eager and curious, the half-child had given a glance back to Zunden before following after Athena. Today, he attempted to stay quiet and hidden- for what reason, he did not yet know. He just wanted to try his skill at being sneaky, hidden, clandestine... A child makes mistakes, of course, so he was certainly not silent as he moved, but in the end he was quite proud of himself. Even if Athena had noticed he was there...

As they come to a place he has never seen before- a beautiful structure that he thinks the gods themselves must have build, he gasps in awe. In the center is a glowing orb and instantly his curious mind wants, no needs, to know what it is out there. He sees that Athena has already gotten to work with two boards she has found floating in the pond. He finds two that seem unoccupied otherwise and excitedly he bobs his head. “I bet I can beat you there!” he cries out to her as he begins to nose the boards, eager to cajole her into a game. Secretly, if she accepts his challenge, he will try to let her win. After all, if you let others beat you they like you better... right?

At any rate, he begins to nose the boards about in the water while he thinks. But he has been thinking every since he has been born and it seems destiny that he came upon this puzzle now. An idea come to his mind, he begins to work, a spring in his step as he keeps a cautious eye on his sister.

OOC| Adelric would like a Cerndyr with the ability Lamplight
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Rhiannon Posts: 76
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
I ignore every other bedraggled person who has arrived, save for the sight of the egg nestled comfortably in the midst of the little isle.

My eyes, curious gold and silver oculars, gaze across the expanse of the water to the island of greenery, and I heave a deep breath. Interesting... So, this mythical egg was free for the taking for the one who would reach it? Very well. I was never one to back from a challenge, and quite honestly, the idea of seeing what was inside of that egg was terribly appealing, and I couldn't possibly walk away now.

Memories assaulted my mind as I stood upon the shore of the man-made pond of the Rotunda, recalling all of the times in my youth when I had played and wrestled with Talbot, my father's Hellhound. He had been like a protector over me as I had grew, always there, following my steps and making sure that I stayed out of too much trouble, and defending me when I couldn't defend myself... Could, perhaps, a Hellhound of my own be waiting within the confines of that thin shell?

I had to know. I had to have it.

A snort worked its way up from my throat, coughing through my nostrils as my eyes finally diverted from the egg situated across the water. It was much too far to jump, I knew that for sure... And I wasn't the most nimble of creatures, unfortunately, due to the dastardly breeding from my birth mother, so I truly couldn't make the jump, nor did I trust my abilities to swim that far...

"Well, damn it all," I grumbled, far from ready to give up just yet, but that was when the keen gold and silver of my dual-toned eyes spotted the two pieces of wood floating nearby. I wonder... Could I possibly? Slowly, my dark-tinted lips stretch upwards in a devious grin, and I meander towards the planks with an emotion best described as yearning desire shining in my gaze. "Perfect..." My lips form and caress that singular word, much like how I would soon be caressing the shell of that egg...

Gently, lovingly, adoringly... It would be mine.

[ooc: Nonnie would like a Hellhound | Energy Drain, pleasums?
Previous Refusal. ]

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

It had been several weeks since. The golden beast had no really desire to remember the feeling of not answering the call. Racing along the golden sands towards that strange, yet wondrous stone. He’d discovered, after another claimed the prize. What came from the stone or controlled his mind that day the golden boy still did not know. It had not exactly been pleasant to find himself so out of sorts after that incident. After that race the beast had shook his Spanish head. He would not look for an experience like such again.

The thought was rather unfortunate, for the golden had no say in the matter. It was not he who decided what called him, but his own curiosity that day. Gathering himself to return to the mountains in the north Thranduil began to walk from the still errie stone building, when he sensed a gathering of creatures. Curious the beast slowed and watched even more head in the direction. Hark leaned in and the gold coat tickled with tension. Slipping into the shadows he crept towards the opening where the others had gathered.

The shadows did little to hid him but he felt more secure there. Coming to the opening he felt that familiar pull. Harks leaned back when he saw the prize, but it was too late. The call pulsed through his ear and rang in his chest. Stepping out without much more concern for the others the twin horned moved to make his own try. The call was ever so loud, it was even stronger than the previous one. So much so the brute’s guts began to twist as he eyed this most curious moat and island. Mind began to spin in action. Though the golden son was a whip when it came to the minds of creatures and their words, this puzzle did cause him some thought. Oh but the stone which rested ever so carelessly on the island. Two planks of wood, each long but not long enough slipped his way. Hark leaned back as he nosed them and the water. No, it was not worth the effort to sweat his back and stain his hide. Snorting with the unlikeable feeling of that call the golden turned his leafen starred head to leave.

That was not his call to make though. It slammed with a harsh word and the gold found he could not move away. Earth eyes starred at the stone sitting there so still and quiet. While the call still echoed in him he narrowed his vision at it. He could not explain it, (he did not like things he could not explain), but he would try. Coming to the edge again, while the stone still gently calling soft whispers, the golden son got to work.

OOC :: Thranduil desires (and I beg) for a Cerndyr, with Dark Mist.
Previous Refusal
"speech"

Because of this hard puzzle today
I can rhyme no more poetic phrase,
I hope your happy with what you have done,
I've had to make a few Tylenol runs.
credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie

Jorogumo
The hurt the head forgets, The heart will always remember

She had wandered so far from the icy haven of the Basin. Jorogumo’s adolescent tantrum drove her into unfamiliar territory. Around her she spotted strangers, and curiosity drove her closer. There she saw a most peculiar creature with something in it’s clutches. All Jorogumo knew was that she wanted whatever the carpenter had. One ear pinned back against her skull as she walked over to the set of planks, studying them intently. Her gaze drifted out to the water and then back at the planks. A slow smirk passed over her lips. Yes, she would show Kisaki that she was no child.

The spider knew not of the egg and what it held. Perhaps her ignorance would be her downfall. Though her mind was brilliant and she could toy with various strategies in her mind. Riddles had always been fun games when she was a babe, and she viewed this as nothing more than a game. The craving for companionship that the others held was nothing to her. The young life brewing within the egg was insignificant for her desperation to prove her superiority. Jorogumo would revel in the defeat of all the adults around her. It would be oh so sweet to rise up the victor. She had failed once at such an event, and she wouldn’t fail again.

Carefeully she drug her planks and analyzed the water. Her expression was calculating and her eyes constantly drifted between the center island and the shore before her. Yes, this would be her victory.

[Jorogumo seeks a Kitsune with Dark Illusions
Wishlist

"blah blah blah."

Image Credit

Icon by Bronzehalo

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
You are flying over another section of this boundless land in search of Th’orqui when it happens. Suddenly, you feel the strangest sensation in your wings; it is as if they have turned to lead. Frantically, you try to flap them, but you find that you can no longer move forward. You begin to plummet towards earth, and your mouth opens in a terrified scream, but it is ripped away by the wind. So you fall, a silent churning explosion of copper feathers, sure that this is the end.

But somehow, it isn’t. The closer you get to the ground, the more slowly you seem to fall, until you are just drifting, cushioned by some invisible force. Cautiously, one grey eye opens, and what you see surprises you greatly. Beneath you, several others have gathered. Curiosity coaxes your other eye open, and as the invisible hand settles you in a shaking heap on the ground, you wobble to your feet, craning your neck in an attempt to see what they are doing. There is a moat, and an island, and most interestingly, some sort of egg rests in the center of it all.

You are still shaken up—you almost died a minute ago, for heavens sake—but something about this place has an eerily calming effect on you. The very air seems to be steeped with something otherworldly, and its essence surrounds you like a warm bath. You are at peace here.

Besides, you have no time to reflect on what just happened. Your attention is captured by the orb on the island, and something tugs at your heart as you gaze at it. You need to reach it. As if in a trance, you lift your wings to fly over the water, but no sooner do you spread your feathers than do they feel heavy again. Confused, you try again with the same results. What is wrong with your wings? Breath quickening, you shoot a worried glance at them and walk forward. If you cannot fly, then perhaps you can cross on foot.

But the moat looks deep, and as soon as your hooves touch the water, that familiar force springs up again, allowing you to go no further. Slowly, it dawns on you that what is happening must have something to do with the magic; there is some kind of barrier that is preventing you from moving over the moat. A tiny sigh of relief escapes your lips. The thought of losing your ability to fly is so unsettling that even the magic air in this place hadn’t been able to fill your lungs fast enough. Heartbeat slowing, you look towards the island, perplexed. Some have already reached it, but how?

As if a tiny silver bell has chimed in your brain, something prompts you to look down. Lo and behold, two planks lie at your feet, and your face lights up in a brilliant smile: that must be the solution! Happily, you shove one into the water. It looks long enough to reach the other side, and you carefully wiggle it towards the opposite shore…but to your disappointment, it falls just short of the island.

Perhaps at any other time and in any other place, that would be enough for you. You aren’t usually one for puzzles, and normally, you would simply drop the boards and return to your search for home, but something compels you to keep trying. Over the next half hour, you rearrange the planks over and over again, biting your lip as your struggle to find a solution, but nothing works. Just when you are about to give up, something to your left catches your eye. Hoping against hope, you drag the boards in that direction. Could this combination be the one…?

OOC: hopefully it’s okay that I took some liberties with how the magic/no-flight boundary affected her!

EDIT: Forgot the important part XD She would like a Cerndyr with the Earth Spirit ability! No previous denials.

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The solution was to place one board across the corner of the bank, and place the either perpendicular to it. This makes up for the lack of length in the planks. It should have been completed as such:

Congratulations to ALDERIC

Destry; The CARPENTER looks to Destry, impressed. "You are very young to be so clever." He begins, crossing his arms. "But...you are still young. And so is this egg."

Brisa; As Brisa arrives on the island, the CARPENTER again smiles. "Don't you already have two young ones? How will you have time for a third?"

Hotaru: As the pregnant mare waddles across the boards, the CARPENTER frowns. Was his puzzle too easy? "You will soon have new life, unicorn. But it is not this life."

Rei: As the pegasus tried to fly to the island, the CARPENTER cackled. He did so love making them think, instead of fly. "Perhaps next time, winged one."

Seele; The CARPENTER tutted as Seele's hooves left the second board. Her body froze in midair, and was promptly sent back to land. "I made it here without jumping Necromancer. You should have been able to do the same."

Athena; As small as the filly was, she was still far too heavy for the boards to remain afloat with her walking upon them. Her body weight pushes the boards under, causing the CARPENTER to burst into a peel of laughter, as she splashes into the water.

Alderic: The CARPENTER looks curiously over at the horned creature, who is calling to the one having just fallen into the water. He liked his spirit.

Rhiannon: The CARPENTER looks up at the unicorn, frowning. He sniffed the air, and shook his head. "The life of a soldier is no place for a baby" He replied, patting the glowing egg lovingly.

Thranduil: As the golden one approached, the CARPENTER scuttled back slightly. With wide eyes, he shook his head, no.

Jorogumo; "Didn't you see Athena fail using that method?" The CARPENTER cackles, watching as she too fell into the water.

Nasreen: "Sorry dear," says the CARPENTER. "Snooze you lose."

The CARPENTER turns back to Alderic, broadly smiling. "I like your spirit, horn-face.Take this, and protect it with your life." Picking up two boards, he menacingly clapped them together: "Or I'll find you." But the CARPENTER was only about 2 feet tall, and so this threat wasn't really that intimidating. Still, he had made this puzzle all by himself...so you never know.

Notes
Please be reminded that regardless of how the CARPENTER responded to your character, the decision was purely randomized based on correct answers as shown here: List, Random, Dice roll.

Also:
Destry - You actually had 3 previous denials.
Shady - Nasreen actually does have a prior refusal- from the last drop!

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
 Adelric 
The half-child, a thinker at heart, becomes so engrossed in the idea of placing the boards in just the right place that he forgets to watch to see what his new sister has been up to. Unfortunately, by the time he notices that she has fallen into the pool of water, he is already across his boards and onto the island. Silently, he curses himself- it had been so important for her to win, he was certain of it. Frowning, he is about to turn back when the CARPENTER speaks to him. Surprise widens his eyes and he returns his gaze to the small creature that has addressed him.

Obeying orders, the half-child gathers up the egg between his hooves, only to scuttle back slightly as the curious CARPENTER beats two boards together. When the creature is done with his instructions, Adelric only nods, in disbelief that he has been chosen. Surely he, the half-child, is not worthy of such an honor as... well, truth be told he's not entirely sure what it is he's guarding. He'd just thought it to be a fun game until now. It turned out to not be so fun, of course, when he managed to win...

Still, whatever it is he's been given, it seems that he cannot pass it along to his sister in an effort to make her like him. The CARPENTER had been clear on that order. Subsequently, the half-child begins to inspect his prize, nosing it and rolling it about, enjoying the way the gentle yellow light emanates from the orb. He tries to categorize as something he already knows about, but ultimately fails. The only thing he can think of that is yellow and radiates light is the sun. This is clearly not the sun. But the child will have many days in the future to consider what it is he's been given. He nods again to the miniature CARPENTER and then begins the tedious task of carefully rolling the orb back across the wooden bridge that he built.
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post