the Rift

Flutters and Welcomes

Dsiox Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Dsiox

Vines rippled around the forest, intertwining with the moss on the floor and the ancient trees. Some smaller saplings were interspersed with the older trees. Spanish moss hung tightly to the lower branches and swayed in the breeze.

The sun blazed through the gaps in the foliage and illuminated the forest floor which was full of small life. Dsiox sauntered lithely on top of the moss. Her head was slightly outstretched and tilted to the right. Eyebrows lifted and eyes batting, she saw a wonderful and majestic forest. Vibrant greens of every color covered every inch of the wonderful forest. Though there were none present she saw butterflies appear out of the distance. Her whole body was engulfed in them. With every step she took, they gathered by her slim legs. She felt as if they were helping her walk lightly in the forest though she was doing it without assistance. These gorgeous, butterflies of all shapes fluttered around her and she was intrigued. A few of them started to fly away and seemed to beckon her. They flicked their heads in unison toward the direction that they were headed: and the one that they wanted her to follow.

As the butterflies started to drift away from her at a faster pace she picked up hers as well. She picked up a trot and stretched out her thin legs to follow the peaceful winged insects.

The sun passed over her back as she meandered through the forest. The egg that had become her imaginary companion floated around her withers and absorbed the sun. Her blue eyes glinted with the yellow light. Though her eyes are almost always half closed she could see the butterflies in impeccable detail.

Many smaller ones of a brilliant blue hue surrounded her legs still and it felt like they were giving her a big hug all around. It made her feel warm and welcomed. A smile tug at her lips as she looked after the butterflies she continued to follow.

As a collective voice of all of her companions she heard, "welcome." It was barely a whisper, she strained to hear it. Wind passed through her coat and it was refreshing. She felt embraced in more ways than one.

"blah blah blah."
text text text.

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Deception and perfection are wonderful traits
One will breed love, the other hate

The world had fallen to a brief moment of peace and the cadaverous banshee was growing ever bored, her mission list came to the number nought and her mind was numbed by tedium. To chase away lethargy, Ghost had travelled not too far to the south of her home and into the dark forests of the Threshold, seeking solace in shadow. She had patrolled the border enough and it was time to venture out into the wilds again, seeking knowledge and obtaining recruits. The banshee still had the duties of her herd to fulfil after all, no matter how the doldrums played heavy on her mind. Perhaps Seele would be kind enough to give her another mission, something other than patrolling and recruiting to fill her time, though whilst the world sat in peace the chances of that were becoming slimmer. The juice filled summer grasses soon turned to short, moist moss that littered the floor of the woodland that she stalked quietly, her starved gaze looking for something or someone to take up her interest.

It was after sometime of travelling at a fairly sedate pace that Ghost came across a greying mare. Her mane fell on folds of various ashen shades that framed her light form that was smaller than the sprite's own. She was nothing to write home about and her normality was almost quite a novelty in a land that seemed increasingly full of the weird. Her possessions did not include a wing nor a horn nor some strange genetic twist that might cause a stirring whisper. No she was simple, delicate and pretty in the sunlight that clasped against her granite body. Summer's insects fluttered around her in a beautiful way that was easy on the eye, but Ghost was here for different reasons.

The spy moved in and walked carefully out into a stray bright beam that cut through the forest to illuminate her lithe bodice decorated in various mutations, clear in the full light of day. Her gaze portrayed nothing, no suspicion and no joy, just a mare approaching another mare. "What brings you here, may I ask?" Her voice drifted across like a cool breeze and was presented in a simple curious way.

Himalayan Trails.flickr

Would you like to be tagged?
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady
All she ever wanted was the world.

You linger in the threshold, unsatisfied. When Arvakl walked away from you, you could have kicked yourself. She hadn’t taken the bait, and her casual defiance irked you to no end. You curse the mare in under your breath in your native tongue. You may be rusty, for no one seems to understand the beautiful fluid language here, but at least the profanity is fresh on your tongue—you have found quite ready uses for those words here.

But it won’t do to dwell on your anger. She is gone now; it won’t help. So with a final harrumph!, you push Pinkie from your mind. She may have gotten away, but you won’t give up so easily. You’ll leave this place with a body for Confutatis yet.

In fact, here are two. As you emerge from the trees into another clearing, two young mares meet your keen eyes. One is plain, but the other is rather pretty, if in a young and gangly sort of way. Briefly, you wonder which of the pair is the foreigner—or if not both, perhaps neither? You are quickly learning that members from all of Helovia’s herdlands seem to gather here in search of new members. A small smile passes across your face as an amusing thought strikes you: what would happen if you returned here over and over again, pretending to be new? Surely you’d get a grand tour of Helovia with all of these overeager scouts jumping at the chance for fresh blood. Now is not the time to test out the scheme, however, entertaining as it may be. You’re here on a mission, just like everybody else.

“Ladies,” you greet the pair, nodding at the two of them. Still unsure about whether or not they are new here, you delay your welcome, but keep your expression pleasant enough. There will be plenty of time to find out.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Rei

Rei smiled at the place where Africa had welcomed her into Helovia. It was in this wooded area that her life had been changed. A fondness for the land would always ran through her heart as deeply as the ancient trees in the Threshold sank their gnarled roots into the soils of Helovia.

What stories would you tell me if you could talk? deeply lost in her own musings she tilted her head back to take in the full grand expanse of one of the larger trees before her.

It was one of the mare's quirks, she adored trees. As a young filly whenever she was just learning to fly a few of the older colts dared her to play a game where they scrambled to the highest spot possible and leaped from the spot with their wings held tightly to their sides, the last to spread their wings and fly was the winner. The spot found that day was off of one of the spiraling paths worn into the ground by those traveling to the castle the ground was a good ten feet from the edge of the path. Scared and inexperienced but unwilling to turn down a dare, especially one issued by colts she swallowed and jumped on the count that they had all agreed on.

With the wind whistling in her ears and her good judgement begging her to spread her wings Rei plummeted towards the ground. Fear eventually dug its clutches deep into her and she scrambled to take to flight. Unfortunately panic made it impossible for her to balance and to angle herself correctly. Images of herself as no more than a splot on the ground made her eyes widen with desperation. Luckily a tree had been between her and the ground and she had landed in its sturdy branches.

While she laid in the tree branches catching the breath that had been knocked out of her one of the adult pegasi known for their strictness had passed by and seen the colts and their reckless behavior. The elderly pegasus had bared down upon the pair with a tongue lashing while Rei had stayed hidden away in the lush tree branches.

Jumping quietly from her tree branch Rei had pranced towards home looking back over her shoulder to cheekily wink at the colts being scolded while adding further insult to injury by sticking her tongue out. In her young mind the tree had been her savior that day saving her from scraped legs and also from getting in trouble. From that moment on all trees were added to her undiscriminating list of dear friends.

Rei was brought back to the present by a dappled grey mare that managed to somehow crash through the Threshold while still doing so in a graceful manner. Shaking her head and gently laughing at the oxymoron she had just witnessed she moved to follow after the dreamy eyed stranger.

It wasn't a hard path to follow. In her wake the grey mare left tree branches swaying from her touch, and all manners of signs left by one who was traveling while lost in their own. At one point Rei passed a family of disgruntled squirrels that chattered in confusion that moved into calls of intense frustration as Rei also made her way through their domain. Dipping her head and holding in her laughter Rei dipped her head in apology to the squirrels.

After her run in with the squirrel family she spotted the newcomer up ahead where she had met a pegasus and a unicorn.

"What brings you here, may I ask?" Rei picked up her pace with her ears craned forward, eager to hear the dainty mare's response.

"Hey there!" she quickly called out to the group in an attempt to avoid interrupting any of their words. "I saw you pass by, and I simply had to say hello," she directed her words at the grey mare. Putting her best self forward Rei smiled brightly at both the equine, the unicorn, and the pegasus, "I came to meet one and I am able to meet three. It must be my lucky day." Rei thrived off of making new friends. In all of Helovia she had not met a soul she didn't like, and it only encouraged her friendly spirit to reach out to those she met. "Oh! I forgot to say; I am Rei of Dragon's Throat. It sent shivers down her spine being able to refer to somewhere as her home with unmarred pride."I am sure that it will be a pleasure to have meet you three."

Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Unregistered

Dsiox
;

[ Ghost: the butterflies aren't real. She is kind of insane and hallucinates. She thinks she's in a wonderful majestic world and imagines up all sorts of things but none of them actually exist. I put everything that she hallucinates in grey so that it may be easier to differentiate? It's real to her so she's not just making them up. They are completely real to her.]

The butterflies continued to flutter on and trailed Dsiox through the forest. Though she was the only one who could see them and they were but a mere projection of her own imagination, they were completely and utterly real to her. Most of the time she didn't live in the present and stayed in her own head. Whether this is by choice, or it is the only thing that she knows is a mystery. For after all, how can one choose to be insane? Any rational being would choose reality, would they not?

She followed the butterflies, trekking through the forest and disrupting the critters that were in her path. Her turquoise eyes glinted through faded eyes. For it was a rare occasion when she could fully focus on reality. The energy that it took her to escape from herself was insurmountable.

She would have played in the sun with the flirtatious insects all day but a dark thing with blood on it's skin startled her. The thing had a knife sticking out of it's head and large arms coming out of it's sides. They looked monstrous. Dsiox could see the ground starting to kindle underneath the hooves of the emotionless thing. It started to move into the sun and Dsiox backed away. This...this hellion looking thing. What was this. This...this isn't right. The egg that was floating by her withers pressed itself against her neck. It was shaking. The butterflies had all vanished into thin air. The sun seemed to darken as she stared into the piercing eyes of the beast. It was a nightmare.

""What brings you here, may I ask?"" The creature asked Dsiox in a cold voice. She was scared. She wanted the sun back and the butterflies. What was this thing in front of her?

""I... I...was just playing with..."" she looked off toward where the butterflies had been but was cut off by another horse. This one was a beautiful grey thing. A knife also stuck out of her head but it was much less menacing. Perhaps it could be described as a sort of physical marking? Not like the scary dark thing on the other horse. Her light coat and long mane and tail were welcoming. Her amber eyes sparkled at her as she slowly approached. She nodded toward them and said, "ladies." Her greeting was much warmer than that of the former.

Yet another horse approached. This one had the strange arms too but also had a smile on her face. She was a beautiful black speckled thing. She seemed very sincere, however. And the creases in her eyes showed a kind of honesty. Dsiox saw little birds appear around her. Sparrows she should think. They were just tiny little chirping and happy fellows. They flew around the mare and a few landed on her back. She counted six of them of all different colors: white, yellow, blue, red, white and black, and yellow and white. Then she spoke, ""hey there! I saw you pass by, and I simply had to say hello. I came to meet one and I am able to meet three. It must be my lucky day. Oh! I forgot to say; I am Rei of Dragon's Throat. I am sure that it will be a pleasure to have met you three."

"Dragon's Throat," Dsiox thought to herself, "well I'll make sure to keep clear of any throat of any dragons." She envisioned a massive and cruel dragon who's land was scorched beyond repair: a cruel and terrible leader.

Dsiox started to back away from them, just a few steps. The fire mare, the knives, the arms, it was a lot for her to see. For someone who is used to being in her own head this crash to Earth was pretty startling. Not that she was ever exactly completely 'down to Earth' but this is as close as she would ever get.

"Hello all." 

text text text  
"blah blah blah."
dsiox's hallucinations  

Like hounds closing in on a prize to give to their masters back home, two more came to linger and watch the dappled bounty. First was a dainty girl wrapped in the colour of purity, a sandy horn protruded from her head and her voice greeted with one word. Ghost nodded back to the mare in graceful acknowledgement, but offered her nothing by way of a smile or a sneer, for she was yet to know this ones true personality. The other was an odd looking pegasus, her fur white and blotched in black, like she'd been rolling in a patch of soot. She seemed to be all spirit and words, her name Rei and her home the Dragons Throat. A herd she had heard of, but never visited. Ghost met this one with the same nod as she had met the snowy girl except her eyes were shining in interest as to the strange company she had found herself in.

The subject that they were all interested in, however, was rather oddly backing away. Like she'd seen something scary. Perhaps this was her first time visiting a place like Helovia that was home to the weirdest creatures. Ghost was not unused to this reaction, even the weirdos here found her even weirder sometimes. Some jeered at her, some whispered behind her back, some simply stared and then there were the odd few who accepted her. It was always amusing to watch their expressions when they came face to face with a hybrid. Though this one seemed unsure of everything around her.

Ghost looked to the other two before making a move to speak herself. The sandy horned mare had yet to give much away though only time would tell if the sprite would learn any more of these creatures. Instead, like Rei, she introduced herself and where she came from, in a neutral manner. "I'm Ghost, of the Hidden Falls" she aimed it more toward the blotchy pegasus as she too had already introduced herself, but her words were loud enough for all to hear.

Lastly, she turned her attention back onto the dappled girl with a confused look. "Are you okay?"

[ooc: Ahh! Sorry xD I couldn't make my mind up if they were or not. Thanks for the heads up ^^]

Himalayan Trails.flickr

@[Sheba]
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Let them fire the gun

❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

It is not long before another mare joins you in the clearing (surprise, surprise, you think drily, displeased that you have an additional one to contend with), and this one is quite the chatterbox. From her long-winded explanation, you gather that the speckled pegasus’ name is Rei and that she hails from the Dragon’s Throat. This coaxes a reply from the lips of the dark one—her name is Ghost, and from her introduction, you discern that she is not new at all. This “Hidden Falls” of hers you have never heard of, but her style of speaking seems to very much match what you are learning are traditional Helovian manners. Rule number one: state your name, your herdland, and perhaps throw in a few niceties for good measure. How lovely.

But you are no traditionalist, and besides, you don’t have a herdland. “I am called Sheba,” you tell them, speaking mainly to the grey foreigner, for it is she who holds your interest. “What brings you to Helovia, my dear?” The term of endearment lacks true warmth, but it is your attempt to soften your words, for the stranger is backing away—overwhelmed, no doubt, by the three who have come to claim her. It wouldn’t do to have her run away before all the fun, now, would it?

Briefly, you wonder what this girl’s story is. Did she “just wander” here, like the last one you met? Or does she have a more…colorful past? Running from something—or someone—perhaps? But from the way she’s retreating, you doubt that she will tell you. Ah well. It doesn’t matter for now what her past is, as long as her future’s with you.

@[Rei]

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Rei

Rei felt protective over the grey mare and took a few small steps back, trying to ease the discomfort that she was showing. It dawned on her that like many that came to Helovia she may be from a different land. In Lytninia there had been no unicorns and seeing a unicorn for the first time had thrown Rei off, could it be that this was the mare's first interaction with others that weren't of her own kind? Where did one with such a dreamy look in their eye even come from? The world normally grasped at a dainty being like her allowing the practical mind to overtake and hold the the dreamer's mindset hostage.

"It's okay," she murmured the words gently, "we don't mean you any harm. If you are new here we just have homes that we could offer. Dragon's Throat has a fierce name, but the leader is kind and gentle hearted." Looking to the other two who had greeted the grey mare along with her she smiled in their directions before directing her words back towards the newcomer, "But don't leap upon any of our offers too hastily, make sure you choose to go where you believe you will be the happiest. I too am newer here, and Helovia is teeming with opportunity at every corner I think that you will love it here."

"May I ask your name?" Rei patiently waited for a response and instead of letting her mouth run rampant she stood quietly flicking her tail at the pesky Tallsun flies. She wanted this mare to be her friend, there was a quality in the mare that she had not seen in anyone else. It was a kind of childlike light that glowed from within the newcomer. Everything in the vicinity of the grey equine seemed more vibrant. A personality that strong was a rarity, even in a place as magical as Helovia.

@[Dsiox]

Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Unregistered
table

Dsiox
;

Dsiox was quite unsettled. Just an instant ago she was having a lovely and peaceful morning with the butterflies and now there were all of these resemblances of horses gathering around her. Their eyes were tracking her every move and they seemed busy in thought about her. Their bodies stood in a contemplative stance and every now and then they tilted their heads at her. The spanish moss hung around them in a ring and the forest engulfed the for beings. They were the only creatures to be seen and the tension between them and Dsiox was palpable.

"I'm Ghost of the Hidden Falls.""I'm Ghost of the Hidden Falls." The obsidian one declared. Her words drifted towards Rei but were spoken to all in the vacinity. She was a beautiful thing once Dsiox could look past the embers at her feet and the strange knife and arms. She seemed very pleasant and sure of herself. Her blood-tipped arms glared at her but Dsiox squinted her eyes and saw past the off-putting appearance. After all, they can be deceiving. It had taken Dsiox by surprise and she wasn't sure how to react. Now that she had seeped in, Dsiox kind of liked the mare and the strength that the embers brought her. Maybe this mare is the kindest of them all. Her dark body read of someone who was welcoming. Never did she take her eyes off of the newcommer. "Are you okay?" Dsiox took a step toward her. The embers now kindling underneath her and warming her body. The rose grey mare closed her eyes and nodded slowly just once toward Ghost. She lowered her head and looked up through her half-closed turquoise eyes at Ghost. Seeming to look for acceptance.

The white mare interrupted Dsiox's thoughts by saying, "I am called Sheba. What brings you to Helovia, my dear?""I am called Sheba. What brings you to Helovia, my dear?" Her words sounded of a forced kindness. She was looking at Dsiox like she was a prize and it made her feel very uncomfortable. The white mare's gaze was one of which Dsiox tried to avoid. She turned her body away form her in an attempt to escape the mare's scrutiny.

The black and white mare with the strange arms that Ghost had took a step back from her. "It's okay. We don't mean you any harm. If you are new here we just have homes that we could offer. Dragon's Throat has a fierce name but the leader is kind and gentle hearted. But don't leap upon any of our offers too hastily, make sure you choose to go where you believe you will be happiest. I too am bewer here, and Helovia is teeming with opportunity at every corner. I think that you will love it here. May I ask your name?" The mare's mouth let out word after word. So many that Dsiox tried to shake off the sound that it made. Too loud. Too much excitement from others and too many words. She seemed like she meant well and was a happy thing. The birds that floated around her and chittered seemed to tell her that. But yet...Dsiox wasn't drawn to the spotted mare.

Her lips parted ever so slightly and she whispered, "Dsiox." She directed it toward the black mare and took a few more steps toward her. She nudged the air toward the beautiful black thing and in that moment she had chosen. The embers called her toward them and there was a hopeful glint in Ghost's eye.

text text text  
"blah blah blah."
dsiox's hallucinations  

Concerning times of odd conversations with strange souls, this one surely had to make the top. The mare in question, the demurely dappled girl whom everyone was the most interested in, looked as if she'd walked into a ring of clowns all staring at her. Reeling her in. Whatever the reason was for this shy-like nature she seemed to be portraying, Ghost concerned herself little over it, her reactions appeared... Natural. After all, she was surrounded the abnormal. The mare with the dusty horn, Sheba, she spoke little and in turn gave not much away. A name to call her by and a question to poke the newcomer with. Rei, the black splotched mare on the other hand, liked to waffle on considerably and the banshee awaited her turn. A gap in proceedings to take advantage of. Rei wisely told her to be careful before she picked the direction in which to take her life, though Ghost was not sure whether she would love it here. Many had different views on that matter and the sprite had only recently found purpose in the land.

Finally the world fell silent for all accept the little tenderfoot, her time had come to answer the questions or to at least say something. However, in the end, she only managed a nod to Ghost and a whisper of a name. Dsiox. Before finally she started taking steps towards the spy and Ghost frowned until she made a movement, a nudge, a silent wish to walk beside her. To the Hidden Falls?

The sprite turned her bodice and nodded to each, Rei and Sheba, in a notice of farewell. She had no idea if this Dsiox was going to follow her, the lack of words was hard to understand though her movement suggested she had chosen quickly. Ghost shrugged it off, perhaps she would become more confident the longer she lingered in this land, but, first things first. "I will return home now, I don't like to idle for long. You may follow me if you wish, Dsiox" her cool voice added approval for the dappled belle to come along. Normally the conversation might've lasted longer, yet this poor child seemed rather tongue tied, like a rabbit thrown to a pack of wolves.

Feathers ruffled as she flexed her wings though she remained on the ground just in case she had a companion to follow her home.

Himalayan Trails.flickr

@[Sheba]
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Let them fire the gun

❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

A stab of irritation strikes when the mousy little mare turns away from you. Transparent, are we? She does not favor you, that much is clear. Her lack of subtlety irks you—perhaps she is shy, but has she no manners? But maybe you intimidate her. She wouldn’t be the first that your mere presence has rattled, you think smugly. Satisfied with this more favorable explanation, you decide to forgive her this breach of etiquette.

Unsurprisingly, she does not answer your query either, only turns to Ghost and whispers her name in a voice so tiny that your cupped ivory ears have to strain to catch it: “Dsiox.” A pretty name for a rather plain mare, you muse, turning the title over in your mind. Now the question is how to get her to follow you—she certainly hasn’t given you much to work with, tight-lipped little thing that she is. You are mulling it over when she breaks the stillness in the clearing, raising a delicate charcoal muzzle and nudging it gently towards the jet-black mare beside you.

You get the sense that it’s is going to happen all over again, with your thrall leaving you empty-handed and alone in the clearing—another Arvakl moment. Well, not if you can help it. Notions of bringing this mare back to the rotunda evaporate in the heat of your scorn. She won’t be leaving you if you leave first, will she? So at Ghost’s announcement that she will not tarry, you turn to go as well. “It’s been a pleasure,” you intone flatly, addressing them all before moving off. And with that, you disappear into the woods, leaving the field mouse to do what she will.

@[Rei]