the Rift

[OPEN] getting HIGH on clouds

Arvakl Posts: 66
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 (Tallsun) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
Arvakl
I have yet to find something really impressive. Of course, the equines I've passed haven't been all that bad. The golden stallion was interesting enough, and I rather liked Sheba. But everyone else? Passing thoughts, passing interests. Pretty much just a waste of my precious time. But as I left the steppes, I saw above me a strange cluttering of clouds. Not just your average formation, mind you, but something fucking interesting. YES. Those clouds look thicker than I would imagine, and I feel that I can see color beyond them. And then.. some of the clouds shift, and what I see shocks me. I have NEVER witnessed something like this before. This Helovia must be a pretty powerful place after all. Some sort of floating land mass is up there, and you can bet your ass I'm going to investigate at once. I spread my wings and take off from the cliff I've been resting on, pink feathers fluttering as I pump those flying mechanisms powerfully. It takes effort to raise my body that high in the sky. The elevation is high and I notice that my breath comes short, but as with all altitudes, you can adjust over time. I clamber onto the ledge of this floating island, and look around me. It's fairly big, or so it seems.. and I think I can see divided areas amongst it, with a big open area in the middle. I lope easily into the middle, my dark legs kicking up dust to surround my form. A desert angel in the floating sky island. What madness is this today?

MY kind of madness. And Arvakl conquers ALL! I screech, then cackle, sure that no one can hear me. Those who do come here will just have to find me first. Not just find me, but I think.. ask my PERMISSION to stay here! Hehehe.. this is mine. All mine. Fuck off.

Walk. Talk.

OOC: No idea distances, so I'm just ... messing around.
I'm so FANCY
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Arvakl excluding dismemberment and death.

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Cirrus
the Wind Dancer
I didn’t know exactly where the wind was carrying me today, but I knew I was only in control of its direction about ten percent of the time. It was numbing, to my aching mind and body (and soul), to simply sit back and focus that ten percent on not being driven into a cliff or too far out to sea. I always made sure that there was land of some description visible between the patches of cloud that separated me from earth below, no matter how far away I was from it, I still wanted to be a part of Helovia in some way.. Didn’t I?

A sigh ran through my lips, as it so often did these days. Thoughts were like raindrops, cascading through my mind by the gallon, barely able to process what insignificant detail one might hold before needing to move onto the next. I wondered, if I cried, would it start to rain, would my tears wash away the thoughts that plagued me? I doubted it, and so, I did not bother to cry. Not anymore. You were gone, you have left me, the life that filled your veins with blood had bled out for the last time – when would I learn?

Would I ever learn?

I didn’t want to ponder on the answer. Another sigh passed through my lips, stolen by the wind generated by the movement that kept me drifting towards –what, I didn’t know. But suddenly I did realise that it was in fact, something. Something solid, something strange. Definitely something new, that I hadn’t ever seen before. I looked to the ground below, just to be sure I hadn’t taken a detour in altitudes –nope, the wind was still strong beneath my wings, the true earth still far below.

A voice, loud and clear, rings in my ears. Arvakl conquers all! It reverberates about, and my tiara tilts at its meaning. Was this island called Arvakl? Or was something merely claiming it for their own? Curiosity (and perhaps a sense of recklessness bubbling to the surface as it so often seemed to recently) pulled me forth, with slender limbs and a smooth descent I found purchase upon the cloudscape. Sharp, electric eyes took in my surrounds, and I saw the Pegasus who I assumed made the announcement before. With a brow tilted I considered her briefly, before continuing my scanning of the area – the strange tents, the amazing, seemingly invisible way this land seemed to simply exist amidst its cloudy perch.

It had to be work of the Gods.

“Good luck with that.” I mutter, mostly to myself, though knowing my luck, my voice will carry and it will offend someone. Hell, maybe I’ll even get lucky enough to have someone try to take a bite out of my ear again. One can only hope.

@[Arvakl]
:)
x - x
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Lauren
    Arvakl
    I look around me, watching others slowly start to appear on the island. I snort and glare at them, my eyes narrowing as I shake my antlers at them. Of course, no one will really notice me, there is too much else around here to pay attention to. I see what I think is a hellhound romping in the middle of the arena as I stand closer to the edge. I sneer at it, annoyed at the idea of any canine. Before I can go exploring, however, I think I hear the approach of some other pitiful soul. This hint of approach comes in the form of the a voice on the wind. My ears twitch back, listening to the sound of a feminine voice, mocking my pronouncement. I snort with laughter. I don't need luck to get what I want. I turn my crown and get an eyeful of a pegasus that hovers in the air nearby, watching this new land - and me. My eyes glimmer with mischief and I turn my body fully to face her.

The sun lights the sky behind her, it's hard to see what exactly she looks like. Fine then. I spread my own pink wings and pump them once, ruffling them and showing their size in some sort of silly display. Come down then and give me some real talk then! I bark up at her, nostrils flaring. Can you interest me and bring me from this impending lull in entertainment? Please, I'm begging. I shrug my shoulders a little and tuck my wings back against my creme and white sides. I motion with my skull to the land next to me, inviting her down. Don't worry dear, I won't bite, at least not yet. Even if I did - you might like it!

Walk. Talk.
    @[Cirrus]
    I'm so FANCY
    Image Credit
    Thread Tracker
    Plot Thread

Whit
    Cirrus
    the Wind Dancer
    A sigh fills me. Evidently, I'm in one of my wistful, ancient moods, where everything that others do seems foolish and way too much effort. As my cerulean eyes glance over to the odd, brightly coloured mare (a hybrid, I note wryly), I watch her puff herself up. I resist the urge to yawn in her face, though I do accept her invitation, and meander closer to her. I am unperturbed by her display, by her words and her aggressive manner. Truly, I cannot even be bothered right now, but I let myself be pulled towards her anyway. If she wanted to engage in a physical tousle, I wouldn't deny it to her, despite my disinterest in her.

"So, what do you want?" My motion pauses several yards before her, my posture relaxed, to the point where I hope to demonstrate just how little her existence matters to me at this moment. One of my hindlegs hitches onto its toe, my tail rests against the ground as my eyes and ears scope out our surroundings. This cloudy landscape is like nothing I've ever seen before, and I'm not lying when I say I feel like exploring it.

I would have preferred to have you with me, Sitka. You would probably hate it here, on a land suspended so far above the earth's crust. You never did enjoy flying, I can only imagine how floating on a cloud-island would go down with you. The thought allows a small, wistful smirk to take up residence in the corner of my maw, though this daft, pink flamingo probably thinks it some sort of challenge. My tail rests down on the loam beneath, as my eyes lazily return to the hybrid. "Do you live here?" I add, trying to show some interest, though truly, I couldn't possibly care less. Secretly, I think I hope she might just up and walk away from me, so that I could fulfil what I did have curiosity in - having a closer look at this island.

@[Arvakl]
    x - x
    as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

Lauren
    Arvakl
    The pegasus mare comes closer, landing on the ground not too far away, and her pistons bring her ever nearer. As she lands, the position of the sun is no longer a concern in seeing her. I see now that she is a strange reflection of the sky. A beautiful clear blue, bright with the smiling face of the sun. It's rather strange, but appealing.... Her eyes electric blue, captivating my own emerald ones. I can't help but find her attractive. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! I squash the feeling like a bug. What sort of madness is that, thinking attractive one of the same sex. Perhaps all I really mean is that she is beautiful. One girl complimenting another. My lip curls, even as she remains completely disinterested by me. Disinterested, beautiful whore. She asks me what I want and if I live here. Ha! Although it is an interesting question. Who does live here? I think that I've seen the end of the island - is it big enough to hide some lonely creature up here? A curious thought, to say the least. The mare feigns interest in my existence, and I can't help but say that I'm rather insulted. Shouldn't I be the center of everyone's universe? Shouldn't she by DYING to get to know a most fabulous me? Hm. I suppose the island IS rather fascinating... perhaps fascinating enough to eclipse me. But just this once. After that, I sure hope that she will see the light. No, I don't. But it would be nice to. I concede the point, there is no doubt that this is a beautiful place to explore and learn about. I cock my head, letting a smile slide on my pretty lips. I am Arvakl. You are?

Walk. Talk.

I'm so FANCY
    Image Credit
    Thread Tracker
    Plot Thread

Whit
    Cirrus
    the Wind Dancer
    The air swirls around us, filling my nostrils, my lungs, even teasing my wings open slightly. Its fingers run through the silky hair that lines my long, leonine tail, and lifts the dreadlocked mane that sits hotly against my warm nape. It smells of the high altitudes we are inhabiting, a smell I usually associated with flight, with motion, with travel. It was strangely refreshing to feel its cool, thin touch without exerting any effort.

My indifferent self felt pulled towards a more tranquil state, especially as the mare before me seemed to settle down as well. She seemed slightly less likely to attack or challenge me for breathing too loud, at least. Her anger, her emotion, reminded me of myself, before you left me. You had always tried to keep me steady, to temper me, and you succeeded most of the time. But I was still blunt and brash most of the time, though my heart was pointed in a generally kind direction.

Where was it pointed now?

I sigh, exhaling the air. Clouds crawl across my hide, just as they crawl across the sky. I was still me; it was impossible to take that away - but I was broken. The parts of my left behind by your departure were fragments, shards that seemed to show a different face at random. Today's delight was tired, disinterested indifference. An aloofness had found its way into my heart, an urge to explore, to fill my heart with the world, for surely that is what it would take to replace your absence.

"Surric." I say, my nose crinkling in a small, wry smile. I had no interest in being myself today, so Surric would do as a name. "Where do you live?" I ask quietly, cerulean eyes looking over her frame in quiet observation once more, noting the tones that reminded me of a rich sunset upon her wings, and the subtle markings that lined her hide. Her horns could be considered intimidating, for someone less reckless than I.

I saw them as something I might like to challenge myself against one day.

@[Arvakl]
    x - x

• I enjoy being tagged.

Lauren
    Arvakl
    It's not like me to keep to myself after making a stand, or after feeling so conflicted inside. Conflict. I like causing it - I don't like feeling it. But the pegasus (who introduces herself as Surrie) seems to be disinterested in the aggression that I initially posed. Instead of forcing my way, I decide to try a more laid back approach. We're not arguing, so.. I guess we're not arguing. Well fine then. My young, immature mind isn't sure how to handle this. What does this older mare want? Well... it's obvious what she wants.. To explore the island and get me out of the way. But really, what's the hurry? The clouds that float across the sky, breaking up the sun, float across her hide. Hmm.. who wouldn't think she is beautiful? My cheeks grow warm and a dark look passes over my countenance as I struggle to maintain my irritation. I watch her closely when she says her name. There's something.. odd.. about her when she says it. I wonder if Surrie is not really her name. But how should I know? And what does it matter what she calls herself? I may make up my own name for her anyway. Who knows. I accept it and leave it at that. She asks me where I live, and I almost get defensive, annoyed at her presuming to ask me a personal question. Then I realize I'm being really stupid. I huff a little, just for funsies. I wonder if I look pretty when my nostrils flare. My ears twitch a little as I look around at the island. Would it be interesting to live here? Probably. I'm not sure how big the island is - I hope it is quite big. If I were to live here it would have to be. I turn back to Surrie. Her aloofness has rubbed off on me, and when I speak, it comes out rather mysteriously. More so than I have anticipated. I do not live anywhere. I take my head out of the clouds and my visions refocuses on the winged lady. And where do you live?

Walk. Talk.

*cries* im so sorry it's terrible. my brain.. not here.
    I'm so FANCY
    Image Credit
    Thread Tracker
    Plot Thread

Whit
    Cirrus
    the Wind Dancer
    She was an interesting creature to watch. Something about her seemed off-kilter, out of balance, and yet, there was something endearing about her too. Was I like that, once? More than once? Perhaps, before you saved me, I was like her, bold and hotheaded, acting without thinking. It was amusing for me now, to see the thoughts cross the girl's mind, for she did not guard herself very well, even as she did all she could to contain her temper. I wondered what stopped her from simply acting on her desires, from simply striking out at me for offending her in whatever minute way I had done. I am not sure what causes her change of mood - I see the promise of serenity upon her countenance, the chance to simply be at peace with the world and its steady pace around us, and then I watch as her stubborn want for chaos rears its head and chases that away.

Her huff of annoyance causes my smirk to simply become more permanent. It is devious in its nature, hinting at secrets untold, at mysteries unsolved. I do not mean to taunt her with it, but that is probably what happens, as my faux relaxation takes on a bemused edge. I listen to the words she speaks, unsurprised - she seems far too unruly to ever wish to bow her head down to authority. It makes me wonder why I am yet to return to by homeland, or another herd, to find that security of familiar ground and surrounding myself with known souls, to find comfort and a desire to work for a cause - wondered if I even wanted these things any more. The Sun God had reawoken some of these desires within me, though I was yet to act on them.

"Where every pegasus lives." I reply quietly, stretching my wings upwards from my back, indicating the great expanse of sky around me. One was never truly alone in the sky.. Were they?

@[Arvakl]
    x - x

• I enjoy being tagged.

Lauren
    Arvakl
    The smirk that had glanced over the fae's countenance settles there and shows no sign of moving. Instead it spreads to her eyes, and those electric blue eyes (had I really not noticed those before?!) seem to be quietly laughing at me. My ears twitch back, nostrils still flared, and my annoyance is definitely still there. Though, perhaps I've managed to temper it a little, and keep it from bursting out like unruly flames. I stay still for a moment, letting swirling thoughts settle in my mind, not sorting through them as I might normally do. When they finally quiet, the thought in my mind is that I should not be so uppity or sensitive in this moment - not this way. I take a step closer.. nearing the sky lady who calls herself Surrie. My ears move forward again and I lower my head, relaxing the tense posture of my neck. I love the way her body reflects the sky. What more is this lady keeping from me.. I just wonder... I blink a couple times and my gaze softens. These feelings.. they're not okay. They're not. But maybe.. that's not what I'm going for at all. It's just a show, a façade, a game. Whatever happens I can repress it from my memory, deny it, make it go away. I can and I will. I reshuffle my wings and tuck them neatly against my creme body. "Where every Pegasus lives." I delicate, soft smile slips onto my face, and it is surprisingly genuine. "Then we have something in common, dear Surrie." I savor the name on my tongue. Even if it is not her true name, I rather like it. I'm not sure I'd mind calling her that all the time even if I learned her true identity.

I sidle my body a little bit closer, until we are only a few feet apart, and I hope she does not move away. How will she take my advances? Advances? A game, girl, a game, do not forget that. This is the face, the makeup that we dab gently over our face. Do not mistake that these could ever be real feelings or anything more than a day of fun. I must remember that. I must. Or else shoot me in the skull where I stand, damn it all.

Walk. Talk.

I'm so FANCY
    Image Credit
    Thread Tracker
    Plot Thread

Whit
    Cirrus
    the Wind Dancer
    Games. They were an act of jest, meant to be fun, recreational, to amuse and past the time. Why was I entering in one now? Why did I feel the ned to hide all of my identity, to behave so blasé, to see what buttons I could push? I reflected on my return to the lands, on the interaction with Rostislav - I was glad to have the wounds he inflicted healed by the girl from the Throat - I had deduced that he was one I could manipulate, twist to suit whatever whim I desired at the time.. Now I had seemingly done it again, though not with direct intent. I simply was in an aloof frame of mind, one where I felt like floating amongst the sky, joining the clouds in their lazy meandering across the blue blanket of atmosphere, and nothing more. Perhaps that was why I was behaving so strange, and had no desire to change it. Today, I was simply a cloud.

The way she says my name, (or at least, the name I gave her), with the endearing word before it, gives me a second of pause. Though I am well guarded, my smirk slips for that second, soon to be replaced by a raised 'brow and curious smile. My weight shifts as the magenta-winged creature nears me, always prepared for a physical altercation that I was. The space closes between us, until it feels almost intimate - which I supposed happened when one fought too, as the closer you were, the more accurate your attacks could be.

Were we playing a game of strategy, where accuracy was key? Did she need to get closer to me so that she could lay her best offensive weapons against me, with hopes of crawling in beneath my own defenses?

Was she even aware of the game I played?

My tail sweeps the grasses behind me, my wings folding tightly against me, so that even as the breeze blows between is, my feathers do not ruffle, do not touch her. We weren't friends, I knew nothing of her and she of me - and I was more than happy to keep it that way. I sighed, and rolled a shoulder into a shrug, indicating my further indifference to her existence. It was probably rude of me, but the desire to explore was still within me, and I suddenly found the surrounding island far more interesting than her. "Suppose you won't mind me grabbing a quick snack to eat and exploring then.." I say, lowering my crown down as I cocked a hindleg, lips nipping at the grass between my fores, tasting but hardly swallowing.

@[Arvakl]
    x - x

• I enjoy being tagged.

Lauren
    Arvakl
    As the seconds tick by, I feel the wind changing. Am I always this moody? Yes, I am. I wait for something, anything, to tell me that she may be catching me drift, accepting my advance. Tick.. tick. Clearly she is not getting the idea, or if she is, she is choosing to deny it. The stonewalling is not attractive, Surrie. Not at all. I step away, letting my tail swish back and forth, the only outward sign besides my silence that my mood has changed again. She says little, only that she wants a snack and to explore. I want to explore to, but no longer with Surrie. I move away from her and stay facing away, taking my time to finally look back over my shoulder at her grazing figure. Yeah I like how you look, but not enough for your game. Whatever feelings I started to have are rapidly disappearing. She's not interested in the slightest, and I wonder if she's been trying to get rid of me this whole time. Perhaps, and now she is going to get her wish. Congratualions Surrie.

My game has changed, and it no longer includes you. I think I'll pass. I speak, still not turning to face her, with only my head turned around. My voice is distant, but my eyes scan over her again, trying to figure her out. Another time, Surrie. I surprise myself, by saying nothing nasty or rude, but parting quite peacefully. I trot away from her, wondering if she'll send parting words in my direction. I spread my wings, flapping them gently to fan myself as I head toward the center of the island.

Walk. Talk.

I'm so FANCY
    Image Credit
    Thread Tracker
    Plot Thread

Whit
    Cirrus
    the Wind Dancer
    A breath of relief passes through my lips as the strangely hued hybrid finally puts space between us. Tension I hadn't realised existed released, as the magenta girl took her steps away, swishing her tail in a little huff as she does so - she was so easy to read, though I'll admit I was ignorant to what exactly she was wanting from me. Clearly, she wanted attention from me of some kind, and my determined disinterest did not appeal to her.

I shuffle my wings, the feathers standing up on their ends and resettling as I throw a parting glance to the horned, winged belle. A smirk reappears upon my maw, and I nod to her as she departs. I allow her to put distance between us, before raising my crown, and calling out a loud, ringing whinny to her fleeing form.

"Hey Arvakl!" I call, turning upon my haunches and pushing myself forward - closing the distance I had just been so relieved to receive. "Next time we meet, let's spar." I offer a quick smile, as I then make to trot past her. I roll easily into a canter as I overtake her, and spread my wings wide to cup the airflow generated by my movement, and take to the skies.

I laugh as I depart the hybrid, looking forward to testing myself against her horns and wings.

@[Arvakl] Cirrus is out :)
    x - x

• I enjoy being tagged.