the Rift

[OPEN] excuse me, while i kiss the sky

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
ELSA
I can fake a smile, I can force a laugh. I can hold the weight of worlds.

For some reason, the air offers her a quite peace today. Darkness still blankets her left side, but she takes to ignoring it. Ignorance was sometimes the best medicine. Days had passed since the incident, and her wounds were coming closer to a mend. The bruises that had purpled her left side faded to an ugly yellow, and her eye, although infected, was returning (to her ignorance) to a milky, colorless ball that would eventually sit blank in it’s socket.

The summertime air was warm, but the air wafting over her wings kept her otherwise cool. Clouds blanketed her body, hiding her pale, disfigured body from the rest of the world. She felt like the beast, purposefully tucking herself away from the rest of the world to hide her shame.

It wasn’t long before a peculiar sound caught her ears. It sounded like that of the falls, but the rushing came from above. She tilted her right side down, attempting to look below her. Apparently, there were now falls above the Veins. How odd. Elsa then felt a light sprinkle over her back. It was cool, crisp water. Her head tilted up, and above she could see water peeking out from the clouds. She smiled a little, the first time she had smiled in a long while.

Her wings tilted, and she began her ascent. Clouds whooshed passed her, and before her opened up a great expanse of land. It was beautiful lush, and filled with life. Small animals danced around in the flowing grasses, weaving their small furry bodies in various games of tag.

Elsa’s feet alighted the ground, and she halted, desperately trying to take in the scenery. She moved in a circle, breathing in and out slowly, basking in the fresh sunlight. For how close they seemed to the sun, Elsa was cool. It wasn’t too hot, and it wasn’t too cool. It was perfect. A utopian society that seemed untouched by the mark of evil yet.

She traveled to the center, still marveling at the beauty. She closed her eyes, and although painful, she felt alive again. This mysterious land invigorated her, and made her feel welcome. A sigh, audible from a good distance, was released from her body. She felt completely safe her, and embraced it. She ducked her head, and began to munch on the soft grasses. It was sweet in her mouth, and she relished in the flavor. For so long she had felt alone in a dark corner, but now, she felt like she belonged….

How long had this place existed before she had arrived? Was this meant just for her? She quite doubted the latter, but wondered about the first. Did this place exist since Helovia had been around? Or was a higher power trying to thank the Helovian society? Whatever it was, she whispered a small, quiet thank you too, and settled in. She could live here, she could be by herself all alone up here.

"Talketh."
[ooc;;// for anyone!]

I can dance and play the part if that's what you ask.. give you all I am.
but i'm only human. and I bleed when I fall down.

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Samael Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Samael
I had only been in this weird fucking land for a short time, but already I was completely sure that it was completely outlandish. Mind you, I was still learning the way of these mortal creatures, despite my years spent being a Fallen... But floating islands with waterfalls draping from the sides like celestial, liquid-y banners wasn't particularly what I had in mind for today. Still. I'm an impromptu guy. I enjoy little surprises every now and then, so I alter my aerial path and head towards it.

You see, I was flying through the skies of this land, this... Helovia, as Hamaliel had named it, when this particular sight crossed my eyes. Was this land known for its oddities? The floating island looked relatively peaceful, but I was immediately skeptical. Was it a trick of the Father? It certainly seemed like it... A creation so beautiful, so peaceful looking, but could spell a certain, painful, and prolonged demise the second that my hooves touched down upon the green grasses.

In the back of my mind I'm reminded of Ainnir, and so when I land gracefully and I tuck my wings close, detached icy-blue oculars narrowing at every sight and distaste of the land around me. I'm skeptical. Damnit, I think I have a good freaking reason to be skeptical. If this was a trap, I was walking right into it... Why did I come here? I should just leave, just go search for the World's Edge to find Hamaliel...

But it's in my visual observation of this floating land, with it's trees and waterfalls and flowers and wildlife and genuine beauty that I see a splotch of white in the distance. White as I am black, I observe the creature, distrust apparent in my gaze... But hesitantly I approach, because I'm not buying this bullshit in the slightest.

"Well... Nice to see I'm not alone up here." I beckon to the stranger, head tilting upwards and allowing a breeze to play with the strands of my ebony mane, my icy-blue oculars narrowed slightly in suspicion.

And it was. The silk-like feathers upon my wings ruffle as I spot another of my kind, er... As 'of my kind' as these mortals could be. As a Fallen, I wasn't really one of them, but at least we looked similar enough. Still, back on track... She had wings, this white mare, like myself, and was a genuine creature of beauty... But her looks paled in comparison to my land-bound lover.

"What do you think this place is? A trap? I bet it's a trap..." And I was one-hundred percent it was. "Nowhere is this peaceful. This... Heavenly.." And my lips spat out the word with obvious disgust and distaste, because Heaven was a pile of wolf-shit.

@[Elsa]

the Fallen
Image Credit

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Taking advantage of the glorious day the young colt managed to sneak away with his twin to yet again go on some sort of adventure. Their antics were never appreciated in the eyes of their mother when she discovered they were missing but they just couldn't help themselves as there was so much too see. Today's trip found them both standing staring up at the massive floating island that had seemed to appear out of thin air. Both colts had been to the Veins or at least around them a couple times and they were certain that this strange island was never there before. As they neared the mist that seemed to surround the underside they could feel a light mist rain down upon them from what appeared to be waterfalls high up above. Where did it come from?

Aeolus turned his head nipping playfully at his brothers neck as he threw himself forward into a puddle of the refreshing liquid splashing his brother in the process. Laughing with joy he turned his head just in time to avoid the returning splash from Levex as he eagerly joined in on the fun. As they moved further underneath the island into the thicker mist whisps of fog began to grow thicker beneath them catching their long legs like mud. Not thinking much of it the twins continued to fool around until light suddenly surrounded them and they found themselves looking down upon the ground that they once stood. Glancing at each other in sheer bewilderment and awe they stood stalk still watching as they were carried higher and higher by what seemed to be a cloud. "What is this place?" Levex finally asked as the island's ground appeared beneath their feet. Standing on splayed legs fearing the ground would give out underneath them Aeolus gazed around in wonder.

Nearby cherry trees grew tall with their branches decorated thickly with blossoms while rich green grass carpeted much of the landscape. A little ways off they could see the spray of the waterfalls as they shed their water over the island's edges. Shaken slightly by the experience he couldn't help but feel a little exhilarated by the feel of looking down upon the world. Was this what it felt like to fly? It was AMAZING!!! Casting his blue gaze over to where his brother stood he couldn't stop the smile from spreading from cheek to cheek. "Whatever it is it is awesome! Come on let's go see what else we can find." He commented finally feeling safe enough to bound off away from the cliffs.

"Nowhere is this peaceful. This... Heavenly.." The male's foreign voice caught the colt's attention making them want to see who else had come across this strange place. Bounding forward as he threw in a playful buck he spread his wings enjoying the feel of wind beneath them, behind him Levex did much the same as they trotted towards the strangers. Was this place heaven? Aeolus wondered as he slowed so not to run into the much larger male and mare before them. "Ex.cuuse me.. Do you know what this place is miss?" Aeolus asked politely directing his comment to the pretty white mare as the stallion was a little intimidating to him. Levex pulled up beside his brother nodding along in agreement but not speaking.

Aeolus talks
Levex talks

•• TAGS: @[Elsa], @[Samael] •• NOTES: Hope you don't mind me joining in ^^ ••

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
ELSA
I can fake a smile, I can force a laugh. I can hold the weight of worlds.

It wasn't long before another joined her, and he seemed almost like her foil. Her was black, contrasting in harsh comparison to her own pale skin. He spoke, and seemed a bit on the cynical side, eying her suspiciously. She offered a small nod, hoping to calm his nerves. He too, thought that this paradise was too good to be true. "I have yet to figure that out, although I would prefer it be leaning on the side of good. Too long has Helovia been drenched in darkness and trickery." She paused for a moment, remembering the dark, cramped corners of the caves, all the emotions spilled. As much as she hated that place, she did have to admit it brought her closer to a lot of others, and helped her "see the light" so to speak. However, she'd much prefer meeting acquaintances under this circumstance. "Well if it is a trap, i'd much prefer to die in the company of someone I know." Smooth Elsa, learning peoples names since the dawn of time. "My name is Elsa, may I be so honored as to know yours-"

She stopped her words as a pair of colts approached. Both beautifully colored, and no doubt twins from the looks of their age. Elsa smiled, and dropped a soft muzzle to the pair, offering quiet, wanna-be mothers greeting. "I have yet to find out, a gift from the gods maybe?" She winked, hopefully to not fear the colts if something much darker lurked. Speaking of which... where were their parents? Elsa looked around and then soft blue eyes landed on the colts. "Where are you parents young ones? My name is Elsa, Mason of the Hidden Falls." She smiled again, really hoping that the colts were not so alone like this all the time. She remembered as a filly how her mother and father were by their side nearly all the time... granted back then she was royalty, but... aren't they practically the same as the commoners here?

"Talketh."
[@[Samael]]

I can dance and play the part if that's what you ask.. give you all I am.
but i'm only human. and I bleed when I fall down.

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.