the Rift

[OPEN] I Pray for a Sunset [Moon]

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper
Cheveyo

A nervous sigh shook through my painted frame as I strode closer to the Vein of the Gods, where the shrines for each of the Lords and Ladies that us Helovians prayed to stood. Orchid eyes danced about with each movement of my yellow painted hooves, this was something I had been deciding over for quite some time. The idea of having someone so bonded to me as Kwahu had once been was painful and terrifying, the idea of losing someone who was bonded to me like that once more was so horrible that for a moment I thought it would be easier to just adjust my path a little bit and walk into the brine that waved and crashed around the narrow land bridge.
But that would be a cowards death, only the weak died on their own hands. Chestnut harks flicked back for a moment as memories of what once was flashed to the forefront of my mind once more, the image of the brown boy spread out across the dusty ground, the wooden stick tied at the end with feathers and various small animal bones sticking perpendicular from his muscular painted chest. A warbled cry tore from my chest and into the light breeze that had been picking at the ends of my blonde mane and tickling my painted body, it was so wrong that a life had been ended so early. I should have protected him better, I knew that, but he wouldn't have wanted me to beat myself up over something that had been written for him by the gods themselves.
Long ivory lashes fluttered over my high cheekbones momentarily as I pushed the thoughts back into their filing cabinet for the time being. I was here at the Vein on a mission, I needed something to fill the void, something that I could do that would honor the spirit of Kwahu. Orchid pools wandered momentarily, lingering on each and every one of the shrines before drifting slowly back to the wind worn shrine that had the blackened symbols of darkness. Yellow painted hooves carried my war torn frame forward, closer and closer to the shrine until my two toned knees hit the ground as I knelt before the Goddess who watched over the home I cherished so dearly.
"Kokomikeis, I wish to speak to you. If you would allow it." I hoped, prayed, the patron Goddes of the Edge would hear my words and respond. It was high time I filled the void that losing Kwahu had left in my soul.

"Speech."
Tag;; @[God of the Moon]
Words;; 428
OOC;; Using my VOTG pass in order to get this pretty girl a companion!
Translation;; Kokomikeis - Blackfoot for Goddess of the Moon

like an arrow to the heart
Image Credit

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky
It was truly interesting, how even after She and her brothers had destroyed these shrines so many seasons ago, that even new comers to Helovia prayed and called upon them from this place. Didn't they see the ruin, the destruction? Who told them to keep returning, to keep kneeling and whispering words into the stones? Intrigued by the call of one from the Edge, the Goddess materialized with a breezy whoooosh.

Her lavender from seemed to part the air currents, almost like slicing a veil with a sharp blade. Silence fell as her lavender frame gently stepped down onto the stones, leonine tail gently resting on the ruble.

"Such a pity...." She mused coldly. Thoughtfully. "These shrines used to be so beautiful..." She paused, pupilless gaze falling upon the painted warrior mischievously. "...That is, until we destroyed them." Her pale lips twisted upwards in a cruel grin, as she squared her delicate frame to that of the paint.

"I am here, daughter of the Edge. What is it you seek?"

Of course the Goddess knew - she could read Cheveyo's thoughts just as plainly as her face. Still, she did so like to here them ask her for things. How they chose to phrase their requests...whether or not they tried to compliment their way into her favor, or if they thought haughtiness was the way to go. Respectful? Or snarky? She'd seen it all, and it always amused her. Mortal minds simply couldn't comprehend what it was like to be immortal, must less how to speak on the same level as one. Still....it was fun to see them try.

Image Credit

Semper
Cheveyo

Moments, possibly even less than moments had passed since the words had left my vocal chords before the odd scent of lavender introduced itself into the light breeze that was still playing with the ends of my now slightly tangled tresses. As ivory lids pulled away from my orchid pools, the soft violet frame of the silver haired Goddess came into view, suddenly appearing from the starry sky and stepping lightly onto the ruins of the shrine that still honored her.
A feeling of awe prickled at the very core of my being as I remained knelt before the shrine as the lavender mare began to speak, her lyrics just as light and melodious as I had expected. But with an edge that was surprising but welcomed...I wasn't sure if I could deal with a happy-go-lucky Goddess at a time like this. I wasn't one that would accept "I'm sorry"s and "that's so horrid"s when it came to what had happened to the two leg who had once been my rider. "Such a pity....These shrines used to be so beautiful..." The unnaturally colored mare seemed to talk to herself while she stared upon the cracked and worn shrine that I assumed had once been as stunning as the creature it was built to honor. "...That is, until we destroyed them." She continued to speak as her pupiless gaze turned on me, it was met by my own orchid pools as I wondered for a moment just why they had destroyed such beautiful creations rather than enjoy them.
But I wasn't here to carry on a conversation with the Goddess, I had came here with a purpose and it seemed the Goddess had grown tired of her small talk anyway. "I am here, daughter of the Edge. What is it you seek?"
She spoke as I pulled my knees from the ground, dents and a couple scrapes from the pressure of the hardened lava pressing against the skin now decorated the white hairs that painted the lower halves of my limbs. My tongue clicked against the roof of my mouth in typical nervous fashion as my orchids settled once again on the holy mare who I was sure knew exactly what it was that I was here for. "I seek a companion to fill the void the loss of my rider caused, Kokomikeis." My voice came out stronger than I had expected when speaking to a deity, there was no nervous quake or any stumbling over syllables. It had all gone smoothly as if I were talking to the Stormbringer or Dragomir, hopefully she would find it more amusing rather than offensive. But legend had it the Goddess of the Moon was a mysterious one, you were never sure what side of her you would get.

"Speech."
Tag;; @[God of the Moon]
Words;; 467

Image Credit

please tag Cheveyo!!

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky
The pale tresses of the Goddess stirred as she listened, guided by invisible winds that gently wove and danced around her frame. A companion? Usually Helovian's visited her brother, Earth for companion quests...He was so much easier to deal with. Always handing out mundane tasks to try and better the soon-to-be bonded. The Moon couldn't quite understand it. Why better them? If they weren't worthy in the first place, no quest was going to change that. What they needed to do instead was prove themselves - and oh, how the Goddess would make them do so. Her quests were created specifically to pick out the strong from the weak - but they would get to encouraging words of advice from her. They would either succeed, or they would fail. If they failed, they would never receive audience with her again. If they were successful, well...they got what they deserved. And so, the Goddess was mildly surprised, though pleased at the same time. As a member of her patron land, the Goddess would surely have looked down upon the paint, had she tried to take the easy way out by seeking the Earth..

"You've already lost one who was bonded to your heart, because you could not protect them." The Goddess began. Perhaps her words were slightly unfair - the pair had been out numbered at the time of Kwahu's death, but had Cheveyo been stronger, perhaps the outcome would have been different. "Take this, and protect it at all costs." An orb of light appeared out of the air - glowing and spiraling as it made its way towards the paint. Soft violet smoke bled from the orb, as if wicking away from something within. The orb settled upon Cheveyo's mane, near her wither. As more smoke dispersed, a white flower began to take shape. It appeared like a lily, with long petals gently curving outwards. The white was interrupted by brilliant lines of violet, that pooled near the center. "This life is delicate, as will be the new life that you seek. Take this flower into battle - in order for you to be worthy of an animal life, you must first be strong enough to defend this life, and be victorious. When this task is complete, bring to me a moon amulet and we shall see about bonding another to your soul..."

Cheveyo must protect the flower during a spar! However, her defense/attack will be compromised. When sparring, either your defense stat, or your attack stat will be reduced by 2. At the bottom of each spar post, please indicate clearly which stat should be reduced for that post. Cheveyo must win the spar, and must keep the flower safe.

Then she must return with a Moon Amulet.

Image Credit

Semper
Cheveyo

Again it seemed as if the purple mare knew what was going to be said before it was uttered (probably one of the perks of being a god) her reply came quickly and right to the point. "You've already lost one who was bonded to your heart, because you could not protect them." Her voice was cold, like a knife digging in between my ribs as bile rose in my throat at the thought of Kwahu's slain body against the dusty ground once more. Everything reminded me of him lately, everywhere I turned I saw him. I saw the feathers of the arrows on the wings of pegasi who lived in Helovia, the strength and determination in the faces of the warriors I fought alongside. Even though I had left the lands of Helovia for a short time in order to find some kind of closure from the horrors of losing someone that had been so near and dear to my heart, it seemed I would be haunted by that day for the remainder of my life.
But she was right.
I had failed, I had been unable to protect the one thing that I held so near and dear. Maybe I could have done something different, held my white washed skull higher or been running just a little bit off to the side and then the arrow would have pierced my flesh rather than the brown boys. The millions of different possiblities in my mind were interrupted by the mare's voice once more. "Take this, and protect it at all costs." My orchid pools widened slightly as the glowing orb suddenly appeared and drifted easily in my direction, right to the roots of my blonde tresses where the light turned into a flower of stunning qualities. Ivory, with purple veins that seemed to nearly match in hue with the coat of the silver maned goddess. The corners of my kissers twitched upwards ever so slightly before I looked back to the mare, knowing that there would be more to my task than just taking care of a pretty flower.
"This life is delicate, as will be the new life that you seek. Take this flower into battle - in order for you to be worthy of an animal life, you must first be strong enough to defend this life, and be victorious. When this task is complete, bring to me a moon amulet and we shall see about bonding another to your soul..." I swallowed hard, the flower was to be guarded as if it were a child, some weak, innocent, defenseless creature that needed me. My white washed skull lowered in a slight bow to the goddess who stood before me as my kissers began to part, "I will not fail you." As I finished speaking I turned away from the mare, heading away from the ruined shrines and towards the mainland where I would find someone who would assist me in completing this quest.

"Speech."
Tag;; @[God of the Moon]
Words;; 498

Image Credit

please tag Cheveyo!!