the Rift

[PRIVATE] the one who used to be

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
It had been quite a while since her spar with Rostislav, and she was feeling more down than ever. It hadn't been her best spar, and it was due to a couple lucky shots that she had been able to come out nearly unscathed. Except now, he'd have something to laugh at should he wander along. Not only was she injured now... but she was a handicap. Just the thought made her cringe.

Elsa had taken the day off to go relax, she lowered herself into the spring near the center of their herd land. The water first tickled at her ankles before gently engulfing her entire body in cool, crisp water. She dunked her head under, doing the daily "cleaning" that must ensue until the eye was entirely healed, but it was on its way to being no more than an ugly scar.

Birds twittered over head, casting a beautiful melody that echoed across the walls of the Falls. A sigh of relief escaped from her mouth as she settled into the rhythm of life. It was so nice to finally feel. She hummed along with them, her voice gliding easily along with their repetitive melodies. She began to giggle as she listened, thinking of how she should've been a singer instead, maybe she would be appreciated more then!

Elsa continued humming as all seemed quiet and well. Honestly, it seemed like nothing could knock her down. A small, content smile settled upon her face. Faint rustling was heard behind her, and she turned and noticed a small fawn peering out from the bushes. She nickered to it, and it playful bounced towards her before running off again to find its momma. She laughed and turned back to submerge in the water, blowing bubbles from he nose.

"Talking"
@[Rostislav][if someone would like to join, i don't think we'd mind the popping in of your character! <3]
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
Rostislav
Motherfucker. Beat up nice and good, that's what I am. I've tried my hardest to buff up and practice sparring as one of the Legatus of the Falls, but damn is it hard. Even those that I would not normally see as a threat have beaten the crap out of me. I'm not sure if I'm too slow, or too drunk, but not many things have gone in my favor. Win, lose, tie, I'm a mess. Elsa left me bruised and beaten, and then like a dumbass I got into a row with that Sky Lady and now I'm bruised and beaten from her, too. I see the pool near the middle of the herdland and trot awkwardly toward it. When I reach it, I collapse in the middle, letting my entire body be swallowed up by the cool, refreshing water. I think for a second about letting myself drown, wondering what that sensation might be like. I hear Damaris barking at me from the shoreline, threatening to come in after me if I think darkness like that. It's all stupid anyway, I would never do something as moronic as killing myself. I have no desire to do such a thing. Well... not at this point in my life. I come up for air, drenched from head to toe. The water mostly feels good, except for the tender, more raw parts of me that have not healed yet.

I turn my head abruptly to the side and nearly unbalance myself. What's that giggle? Water doesn't giggle. It takes a second for my blurry vision to clear, but finally the thing nearby in front of me comes into focus. It's her. The one that was at the beginning of all this madness. Elsa. I suppose I can't hold any grudges - the spar was as much my idea as it was hers, and she is my herdmate after all, one of the Masons. I plug through the water, hooves scrambling on the slippery bottom to pull myself along. Damaris is enjoying the sun and does not feel the need to join me, but walks alongside instead. When I'm close enough, I call to the snowy white mare, not noticing what will soon become painfully obvious.

Comrade Elsa, how're you?

Walk. Talk.

Tag: @[Elsa]
OOC:Liquid time to after spar with Cirrus, before Midas spar. Ignoring outcome of Rosti/Cirrus cuz I dunno the outcome.
Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

When Elsa was interested, she was totally engulfed in it. It seemed to suck her attention and take every ounce to fully enjoy the happiness of the day. I mean, focusing on birds and water at the same time was a lot harder than it looked! She smiled down at some small fish that darted too and fro, their little fins desperately trying to push them away from the enemy that was Elsa. She playfully submerged her muzzle, trying to touch a scaly fish with her nose. Just as she was a few inches from a rather large sized minnow, a familiar voice made her head dart up into the air quickly.

She spun around, to look at Rosti, a sigh of relief and a friendly smile, exposing her full face. "Hey there darling, miss me?" She winked, with her right eye of course. Elsa was still as sassy as ever, and Rosti seemed to take the brunt of it. "Still healing, but wonderful now. This weather is so beautiful, although I do have to say the crystal willow the day we met makes all this pale in comparison. Ice is rather beautiful, and it's sad that we have to choose that, or this..." She motioned into the air, twisting her body around so she could get a three hundred sixty degree view before looking back to her "friend" if she could even call him that. "How've you been. Sparring?" She asked, only because he was kind of in charge of everyone. Oxy was probably not happy about that at all. In fact, she quite wondered how Midas felt about having him as leader, granted he was the fastest, but... Well, better not question it now.

"Talking"
@[Rostislav]
Elsa

Rostislav
The pretty lady raises her head and turns to face me. Her mane where I ripped it out seems to have grown back alright, although it seems maybe a little less lustrous than before. The striking difference, however, is very obvious. Her left eye is missing. Completely gone, with a nasty scar left in its place. Horror fills me at once, but it soon has faded, when I realize that this does not change her really at all. After all - aren't I a sight as well? Certainly I have not lost any body parts in my six years, but I am not very beautiful. Elsa, with her missing eye, is still arguably much more beautiful than I am or will ever be. She continues on as if nothing is to be noticed, but her wink indicates that maybe she knows what I'm seeing is shocking. Her words about the beautiful nature of the crystal willow and the wintry ice cause me to pause and wonder. Do I prefer winter to summer? No, I'm more partial to warmer weather, but not heat like the Throat might experience. I am much more in favor of autumn or spring - the less extreme the better. That being said, I'm used to the Russian winters, and can weather them better than many, if only from experience.

After a moment she asks how I am doing, and seems to know exactly what I've been spending my time doing. I grimace but nod. Aye, I have been doing quite a bit of sparring. Does me good to get practice, but damn am I sore. I let my bad ear flop a bit - that's her doing - and motion to my chest and side. Of course, those injuries are much less visible. My neck and withers have a few scars on them, but everything else is under the surface. Bruises that have sunk down to the tissue, that hurt me but leave me appearing as if I complain about nothing. Honest though, I hurt like a whining bitch. Good to learn and practice with the best, eh? Glad you're healing up though, don't need our crafters in pieces, unless you plan on crafting new bones and body parts. I chuckle at my joke, but I wonder if she will actually find it funny as well. A tad on the morbid side, but not all jokes can be fun and games.

Walk. Talk.

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

He's quick to speak and approach, which set Elsa a little more at ease. Considering they'd kind of just randomly decided to beat the living daylights out of each other, it's probably best that they at least let each other know they are still alive and moving. The last thing Elsa wanted to do was leave a fatal wound and kill someone without even knowing it. Although, it seemed she had a knack at accidentally shredding horses to death- it seemed to be her forte.

He motioned to his injuries though, and she cringed a little, offering a sheepish smile. "Sorry 'bout that. I get a little... carried away." She stuck out her tongue mockingly. "You did flaw my perfect body though. You know how long I had been working on these luxurious locks? You can't grow this silky swag overnight!" She giggled a little, hoping he didn't take the sass to heart. The last thing she wanted to do was piss off someone who was in charge of an entire army. A crafter can only make so many defenses in one day.

He continued though, and congratulated her. Then, making a reference to her having to craft body parts then narrowed her eyes. "Pshh.. i'd be the best damn cyborg you've ever met." Well, as much as a boss a cyborg horse can be. Hey, you never know. Bones of stone might come in handy if she ever decided to fight a tiger. Then, if she died, he'd have nothing but a tasteless rock to chew on. Great idea Elsa, now you just gotta figure out how to put rock bones inside a living horse. That.... may prove a little difficult. Oh well, it was only a minor detail. "No but like... how've you been? Get a girlfriend? Have some babies? Beat up poor defenseless women like myself? I dunno, just amuse me oh great Rostislav. I've got a lotta time and no where to go. So either you get talking or you're gonna have one rambling snowball on your hands." She then began to wade out of the water, approaching near him before deliberately shaking off, attempting to soak him in the mildly grimy pond water.

"Talking"
@[Rostislav]
Elsa

I have never seen a horse purposefully stick out his tongue, only on accident in the middle of a yawn. I'm not sure I want to see it again. Maybe Elsa is unaware, but it is not a flattering image, and I cringe a little bit as she does. She tries to sass me, but it is less sass and more just.. girly.. weirdness. I don't have any good description of it, because such interaction is not really familiar to my natural tongue. She considers my suggestion about making body parts, and joins the joke in good fun. A cyborg? I don't want to see an Elsa Cyborg. Though that might be fun for me. Interesting to look at, but I don't want to be part machine. Not ever. Put me down before that happens.

I'm in absolute shock when she starts to try to offer.. small talk. Seriously? Do I look like the kind of stallion that enjoys or makes small talk? My white eyes widen and I stare like a deer in the headlights as she lobs questions at me. Questions and rambling and .. what the hell is she even saying? First 'hey what's up' questions and then 'speak or I'm done with you!'. Not gonna lie I kinda don't know what to do right now. I try to speak but I don't know what to say. After a moment, words finally come to me. "Uh.. no girlfriend or babies. No defenseless women.." I think of the spar with Sky Lady. No, she is not defenseless, not even close. Even though I am engaging her in conversation, she moves out of the water and shakes, trying to get water on me. She succeeds, and sprinkles water over my back and head. I blink a few drops from my eyes and watch her. If she's going to be awkward in her conversing then I can, too. "And you? What the fuck happened to your eye?" Did she think I wouldn't ask? No, I'm not tactful and sensitive like that.

@[Elsa]
Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Cyborgs are pretty damn cool, especially when attached to an ultra-hot horse like Elsa. That would make for one literally explosive scene. Imagine all the sleek metal that would just fit perfectly with her white skin. It would look ultra awesome. Although, that day was far in the future, because as of now, her trust was not with the mechanics that may or may not be roaming around Helovia.

At least he replied to her, that was more than she expected. Most of the people around here hated talking, so she was used to just blabbering on about the stupid things. But of course, his answers left nothing but an awkward silence. So, nothing interesting had happened to him.. well...

Of course he leads into her eye though. She didn't really expect much less, she had actually begun to flaunt it, in the turn of events. It was not as weird flaunting it, then trying to hide it. But, in response, Elsa shrugged. "It got poked out by a very pointy stick that happened to be sticking out of the head of a basiner, ironic huh?" She said ever so nonchalantly. Elsa liked hiding her pain behind sarcasm and jokes, and it was much easier to brush off. Deep talks were not her thing at the moment, and she had no intention of sharing them with Rosti. Who knew what the heck he'd say. He could just be in the heat of the moment and yell out something like "Elsa told me that so and so is mean to so and so..." the types of conversation could be endlessly horrible. It was sad that Elsa really couldn't see a good way of being "deep" with Rosti. "Nothing I can really do about it now, but at least I can be a pirate." She finally added, hoping to add at least a hint more of humor. "If you ever get your eye poked out, I could probably help you. You know, not running into walls and stuff." Elsa, the conversation keeps getting more awkward, please stop. And she does, she kind of shuffles her feet and looks away from Rosti. Erm, this is going well.

"Talking"
@[Rostislav]
Elsa

You know, I always knew there was something strange about Elsa, but as I stare (awkwardly) at her and listen to her talk, I realize that.. she's stranger than I thought. Maybe not odd so much as.. different, and younger in thought. More playful than most Helovians, taking life much less seriously. And that's what makes her interesting, especially regarding our current topic of conversation: She's making jokes about crazy shit, being young and playful, and yet she just had her eyeball poked out by a Basiner. I make note to potentially find said Basiner and rip his (or her, equally opportunity reaper here) throat out. I think that she might not know the definition of irony, but could I use it any better than she?

I'm sure my dumbstruck look isn't encouraging to her, and perhaps she thinks I'm not listening. But I am. I am actually taking in every word. She jokes of becoming a pirate, and I chuff with laughter - that's actually quite amusing. I wonder if I could be a good Russian pirate? Hmm... devilishly handsome, rugged, gruff-y... use my horn as a sword. I'm missing the peg leg, the boat,... and I'm probably not quick enough on my feet to be a pirate. Oh well, lots of career paths still available to me, right?

I blink a few times when she mentions helping me with blindness. Does she know that when I drink, I sometimes see multiples of things? That I struggle to walk straight or even stay standing? True, I've been drinking less lately (not sure why, God knows I probably need my drink more than ever), but the effects are still there. True, I have two eyes and she has one, but I think I know how to watch myself. To my surprise, I don't say these thoughts running quickly through my mind. Instead, I placate her. "Should I ever have need, I will take it up with Comrade Elsa the Pirate." There's no sarcasm or mocking in my voice, only amusement. Helovians can be so amusing sometimes....

WC: 345
Tag: @[Elsa]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Stuck somewhere between her emotions, thoughts, and rambling Elsa began to feel the degrading part of her mind slip into her thoughts. It whispered about how horrible she was, how no one could ever love her when she looked like a mess. Even when she knew that those were all lies, the constant wearing away at her mind made her weary.

If Rostislav ever thought about a snarky reply, it was never evident in his voice. The calming, otherwise amused response actually brought her back to life a little. Even if he never sought her out for help, it was nice to know she had another connection open to go to. Not that he would want to listen to her, but Elsa felt that if she was ever in a lot of trouble, and Oxy wasn't there, he'd be a pretty good back-up for help. Funny how she likes to be friendly with the druggie and the drunk. Maybe Elsa, unlike herself, could see the flaws in others, and accept them as an enhancement of them. If only Elsa could do that... Her life would be miles better by now. Instead, she would continue to wallow in this pit of self-pity and fear until she found in herself the strength to move on. It was a tough thing to wait for, but she dearly hoped that it would come soon.

However, she could not ignore Rostislav for her thoughts. She nodded to him, and shot him a friendly wink. "Elsa the pirate at your duty sir Rosti." She says with a mock air of pretentiousness. However, the thoughts were falling into her mind again, and Elsa can only think of how she cannot break down in front of him. "Thank you for talking, Rostislav. I really do appreciate it, even if only for a few moments. Makes me feel like I'm needed around here sometimes." She said with a sideways smile, but in a sick way she meant that. Often times the thought of leaving had crossed her mind, but she just couldn't She knew she would just be running from her fears then. "But as a pirate I must go find some treasure or ship to plunder, so ill see you around sometime?" Her question wasn't meant as a rhetorical one, she did want a legitimate answer. Listening for his answer, she then turned, and began to wander away. Where can one go to be alone? Here, she knew, was not the place.

"Talking"
@[Rostislav] :: sorry i have been so late on these D; but I <3 Rosti, and I thought this was a good wrap-up.
Elsa