the Rift

[OPEN] party lights, late nights; [Festival Planning]

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
I L L Y N X
take a look in the mirror - see the truth in your face

Stepping away from the meeting as she had promised the others, she moves towards the lakeside and into the clearing that she wishes to use for the festival. She’d spent a good amount of time walking it to ensure the footing was mostly even and that her idea for a quickly made and easily taken down tent would work well in the gently rolling region of the Basin. The sun beats down against her metal armor and builds the sweat that had begun to grow on her during the initial meeting, and she feels the cloth draping beneath her and against her shoulders dampening as she walks; with any luck, this will go quickly and she can take a bath in the lake. This summer has been particularly pleasant, too pleasant as far as she’s concerned for all the blasphemous heat – and what they felt here in the north was surely less than the Throat, and also less than years prior.

She longs for the autumn to come in crimson and gold, to sweep away this devilish air.

Pausing with the crisp waters framing her chocolate body and a light breeze blessedly tousling the dark locks of her hair, she waits for those interested to follow her to where she stands, nodding to each as they arrive with a smile sweet upon her lips. Where to begin is simple to her – a timeframe is most crucial, something for them to pace themselves by, and then she will work her way into the other details.

In particular, the Bloodskald and her Weavers will be needed, but she is not daft enough to have missed the look of revulsion that had crossed her darling Ulrik’s face when he had been asked to help. If he does not come, she does not blame him – it is not really his style to work fabric when there are machines of war to be created, and with that in mind, she will approach him later to explain her actions if he does not arrive. If any would like to contest, she would placate them with pleasure; the Engineer was more hers than any of them were aside from her adopted daughters and her genuine son.

"There is much to accomplish between now and the completion of Orangemoon," she begins, feminine voice crisp and delightful as she discusses the final piece in her friendly façade, "including the construction of a party tent, the gathering of refreshments, inviting our horned brethren from outside our great mountain, and, if Torleik would be so kind, the creation of a song with which to entertain our guests. Should any of you be inclined in the art of dance or physical grace, such a thing would also be of interest to me." Raising her head and pausing to glance with a smile flitting across her lips at those who have come, she continues. ”First things first, of course, we have to have the festival mostly prepared and with a set day before we can begin inviting others. For such reasons I would ask the Weavers to create as soon as their schedules allow a selection of colorful fabrics long enough to reach from the top of a tall central post to the ground, creating a tent of sorts once the center pillar is raised and the cloth is tacked down to the soil," a breath takes her, enthusiasm lighting her features, "as the festival will be taking place in the evening, we will need light sources, perhaps the glowing mushrooms from the cave system or one of Ulrik's brilliant creations - and of course, we’ll need food. The Wyvern’s Breath should be dropping berries by then and I’m sure there will be many more things to provide. If d’Artagnan, Lena, or the other herbalists wish to have stands created from which to sell their wares, they may do so – but be sure to not harm our guests, only increase their enjoyment. We are to be among our kin, providing them entertainment and with any luck creating bonds that will stretch to even the furthest points of Helovia – a great thing indeed."

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
Lena
I'm buried and covered peaceful under millions of stars
While some visibly balked at the idea, the notion of a festival blossomed and bloomed in her fairy heart until it nestled and embarked on its own fervent, ardent aspirations; swinging taffeta strings and strands, harpsichord whims, reverent raptures and fancies. Her imagination sparked and ignited into wondrous waltzes, twirling and gliding to elegant, graceful finesse and the mellifluous tunes of birdsong amongst her brethren, her friends, her family, the midday sun casting a vibrant glow, or luminary fixation bolstering the incandescent poise. Perhaps tents and stalls would flap in the breeze, banners waving amongst the summer eaves, whistling their prestige, their might, their supremacy, spirits bolstered from the lengthy tirades of daunting tribulations and scorching demons, monsters laid to rest for the art of repose and silken ministrations. Laughter would ring, blessings and invocations would reach a monumental hum and hymn, and the sharpened spears of their blades, of their rapiers, wouldn’t have to be fixated upon dangers lurking, growling, seething. Illynx’s proclamations after the meeting only heightened the fantastic visions, allowed traces and sketches, outlines and diagrams to form and flow between her eyes like pointed stars, thrown confetti, and dulcet grandeur – she encouraged the discussion with a brilliant, ebullient smile, christening her purpose, volunteering through the curled masses. “I’d be willing to help gather the glowing mushrooms, and deliver invitations when everything is ready.” Imogen chirped in firm agreement (because she too could envision a world of ice, crystals, rime and frost suddenly emboldened by the prevailing strength of the Basin and its aurora bliss), wildly waving her ivory tails, swaying into the Tallsun vestiges. If the tasks seemed daunting, arduous and laborious, the belle and vixen paid no mind, eagerly awaiting the moments they could begin their quest, their crusade, glancing amongst the corridor, the open parlor, the wide venue, to see what others longed to do.

Farenjer Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Loulou
farenjer

The quenched minds of my horned brethren were quiet and well onto different matters as their many eager forms wrestled each other to split away from the crowd. Either that or they would halt there, like how the Frostfall winds reach out to pluck the remnants of a birch's leaves yet its attempts are all failures. I was one of those frost kissed leaves for a moment... softly gazing onto her graceful yet strong form as she wove her way down from the central hill within the valley and pointed in the direction of the lake's shore. My unused lips twitched for a moment as the gentle breeze brushed along my dark coat. I tipped my head to rest a glance upon Lena, who followed behind Lady Illynx with a same breezy-like posture, yet the way she strode with the silver kitsune accompanying her was much... how to say it..? With much more excitement. Could it be the festival? Is this what made her happy...?

I picked a quick pace myself, and wove my way through the tundra grasses towards the two mares. While the prickling sound of the stems crushed beneath my hooves, the dry vegetation brushed along my blackened legs with a slow, cool wind. Peeking down onto the grassy terrain I could picture the radiant sight of the silver snow, blanketing a thin veil, while creating a thick, untouched surface of ice upon the mountains that hugged this cold land. Honestly, this valley could likely be nothing more than a lot like the other herd's lands within Tallsun. A hot sun sluggishly moving along by the day... some grass over there and some grass over here... Basically a grassy haven for herds. My lips pursed a little at the thought of 'but by Frostfall...' and they immediately were brought down back into my casual, small frown. Unready for anyone to see a positive sign upon my face for today.

I approached the small group of party planners with swift steps and planted my hooves near Lena with a nod to her and Lady Illynx. My ears flickered forward as I heard the yellow streaked mare beginning to speak her ever so focused voice. My un-horse like eyes reached to grasp the sight of her as she spoke to me and the rest. Lets see... a large tent..? Not much of a problem, but still, tents needed to be well crafted and sturdy in these tundra lands. I would hope that Ulrik, if he is around, will assist me with establishing blue prints for a suitable 'party' tent design. Of course, and to help with the weaving part. My mind was so deep into thinking of parts of the tent that my ears only would now pick back up upon what Lady Illynx states, and I hear... dancing... Right. Have I ever danced...? No? Well I suppose it isn't too late to learn now... I swallow a lump in my throat at the thought of when that comes up within the Basin festival. How I will be standing in the unlit part of the grounds and watching with a lonely gaze upon the mares and stallions who will prance around each other. Sometimes I really hate how self-conscious I am.

I listen intently to Illynx's instructions with several brief nods in understanding and my saddened heart soon increases into a faster beat as a small grin picks its way upon my face. Of all the stallions. But I was excited, perhaps even as much as Lena, or the Basin foals who's faces lit up at the announcement of a festival. I had no clue, all I knew was that I couldn't wait to wander back within my retreat and begin turning raw materials into readied tools. I simply state at the small meeting, with a quiet, but sturdy voice "Of course Lady Illynx, I will begin preparations as soon as I get back. Lena..." I look over to her with a warm gaze "Would you perhaps be willing to assist me in collecting the plants we'll need? Perhaps getting a small party together to help?" After a moment, I wanted to add in that it wouldn't just be a scavenging group for fabric material but for herbs as well, so we could both benefit. But... I couldn't seem to find my voice as I waited for her answer.

[Image: farenjer_by_foxyfirewings-d6t57ac.png]