the Rift

[OPEN] He is a pretty boy who knows he's pretty and assumes everyone else knows it too [SUN]

Fraub Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

His frail hooves had never felt the harsh landscape of the veins. The terrain occasionally slipped from beneath him, sending him sliding a few strides. In the distance a brewing volcano met his curious eyes and although it was too far away to notice any details he could see bits of bright pulsing liquid. He was sure the active beast was much to behold but the volcano's presence is not what he desired. The tips of his tied locks swept along the ground and Fraub did not view this as nothing but instead with great annoyance. He halted himself and viewed his dirtied disgrace. The ends of his mane and tail, his prize, was dirtied like black charcoal. His hair was something he didn't always have control over and he sighed deeply in defeat. 'I will have to deal with that later' he noted and continued onward.

Fraub had convinced himself he wasn't sure why he was tromping around on this blackened land. His heart had tugged at his mind like a needy baby, always there, always whispering 'hey, hey I'm here'. These feelings he felt had only grown stronger since he had entered the Veins. Before this his desire for someone was washed away by his vanity. He needed no one. His beauty would surely get him farther than anything, farther than anyone. Fraub's steps became heavy and frantic and dirt flung upwards from the pounding of his hooves.

Thoughts of his past clouded his mind which deviously brought up feelings he wished to never visit again. Fraub's real parents had passed when he was but a few hours old. Questions about their death were never answered but he harbored no feelings for them since he does not remember either one. Memories of his foster parents tugged at his heart the most and their disappearance is what ultimately brought him to Helovia. Hopes were held high when he entered the threshold some time ago and he had reassured himself that he would definitely find them here in Helovia. That time had passed though and his motivation had ceased to an almost laziness.

Pounding hooves quickened into a messy gallop. The rocks beneath him scattered as he stepped sending him into worried off balance slipping. His pale coat was now speckled with dirt and his mane and tail dusted with a light layer of charcoal. Fraub halted, dust forming and dissipating around him revealing the charcoal stained shrine of the Sun God. Sitting there in disarray tears formed at the corners of his eyes and his ears lay flat against his skull. "Why am I so lonely?" he whispered. He knew his heart sought company, something Fraub rejected for many moons. Perhaps a companion was his cure. To quest for something so valuable would surely set his mind straight again.

tag; @[God of the Sun]
words; 473
ooc; using my VOTG pass here to hopefully get Fraub a quest for a companion. c:

There is something ugly about a pretty boy who
knows he's pretty and assumes everyone else knows it too

tabini!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
"Go away..."

The voice hissed across the wind. A few dried leaves and some dust whirled around briefly forming a pathetically small cyclone, as if to appear intimidating, before bursting into a pillar of flames. Which...yeah. That is intimidating.

God's can only grant regular companions: 8. Your character can receive a “Normal” companion by winning a quest drop or winning a prize. Any god quest can provide a normal companion. A normal companion can be any, realistic, modern day animal with any color or design that is within its realistic appearance. For example, you can have a brown, red or gray squirrel but not a pink one. Generally, normal companions consider themselves as inferior to the mythical ones. Normal companions have all of their natural abilities like clawing, biting and scratching, but magical skill must be earned just like a character would earn their magic.

Fraub's Wishlist indicates he would like a Cerndyr - would you like to use your pass for a regular companion? If not, he can leave and keep his pass.

Unregistered

'Go away'? his body crouched and sunk. The hissing annoyed him like a fly that would not go away. The wind whirled around forming a sort of twister that did not look intimidating. His eyes left the flurry of dust and pebbles only to be startled by a monster of fire and wind. Fraub's eyes widened with fear, clenching his teeth he could feel he was unwanted.

tag; --
words; --
ooc; Wasn't sure if I was supposed to answer the event in IC so I edited my OOC post to IC |D He will use his pass if that's alright.

tabini!

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

Although you might have suspected the God would appear from the newly created pillar of fire, he did not. Although he did love theatrics. From behind the pale stature of Fraub, a wisp of fire crackled in midair. A warm rush of oxygen gently tugged on Fraub's up-do, as air was pulled forcefully towards the flickering flame. As the wind increased and the flame grew wider, two pronged horns began to appear, as if permeating through the curtain of fire. A slender and handsome face was next to appear, a graceful neck, and finally lean, golden shoulders. The God's piercing stare looked at the horned creature with disinterest, not fully stepping all the way through the fire. Hadn't he told this creature to go away? And yet he stayed. Whining about being lonely.

Golden hooves suddenly pressed themselves through the fire, as the God nimbly leaped through his make-shift portal. He stood tall and regal, flaming wings tucked neatly against his flanks.

"Maybe it is because you live in the Hidden Falls of nothingness. Inhabited by lunatics and traitors." He sneered, answering Fraub's question. Oh he knew alllllll about his brother's little project. How the Earth had shuffled the hills to allow entrance to the falls. How he had called Midas to rule there. Midas who had lived in the Throat since he was born...And to what end? To watch over the Asylum? The Earth God would take those psychopaths under his wing. As he considered this, he wondered where Traub fell in the mix. Why did he live there? Was he a boring nobody? Or a crazy?

"You do not come from my lands. You could have gone to your little pool of water. Dipped a toe in, chatted with my brother. Could have groveled on his shrine. Why have you bothered me with your loneliness?" Fiery gaze narrowed with interest, as the tall stallion looked down upon the unicorn with a dangerous mischievous glimmer in his bright gaze.

CREDITS

Unregistered

A warm breeze swept through his silver locks, it's strength increased and tugged at him. Fraub watched with a sort of fear and curiosity as the features of a brilliant stallion arose from the growing flame. He could feel the heat glaring down upon him and two piercing eyes that Fraub almost did not look at. Surely this was the power of the sun wrapped into one being. The sight was magnificent.

Fraub's eyes gleamed anxiously at the flaming immortal and he listened with the intent to persuade. "Maybe it is because you live in the Hidden Falls of nothingness. Inhabited by lunatics and traitors", Fraub pondered the statement with displeasure. The Hidden Falls had scooped him up from the grasp of the Threshold. Its inhabitants were nice enough and that was alright for him. "You do not come from my lands. You could have gone to your little pool of water. Dipped a toe in, chatted with my brother. Could have groveled on his shrine. Why have you bothered me with your loneliness?"

"When I came to Helovia I met a racist from the Basin and a harmless pegasus from the Falls. I could not go with someone who bashed my kin so I left with the Pegasus." He did not see anything wrong with the Falls and he kept his opinion to himself. The God's second statement made sense but he had a reason for that as well, like all things he did even if it was dumb or stupid.

A weak smile swept across his face "I have come to you because you are by far the most magnificent to see". Who else would Fraub come to in his time of need than someone who was more beautiful than he was. "You see, I have slipped into a void of loneliness and seek fulfillment with perhaps a companion."

tag; @[God of the Sun]
words; --
ooc; --

tabini!

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God rolled his eyes condescendingly as Traub recanted his tale of entering Helovia. A Racist from the Basin. How shocking. Where they all so pathetic and narrow minded, that they needed to be claimed upon entering Helovia? It was a fact that the Threshold was the only pregnable point of entry into the lands, but surely they didn't then conclude that they had to go home with just anyone that they met.

Or did they? Were they really that stupid?

"Are you really that easily swayed? That you would simply follow home anyone who is not a racist, with no more thought than that? Without knowing anything about the God under whom you serve, or the policy of the home into which you enter? All because some nobody with nothing better to do than scoop you up, just happened to come along? You could have gone off alone. Explored. Learned something about these lands and made a choice on your own. But instead you just decided to follow. You aren't lonely. You're needy." As the God spoke, flames danced and wavered on his wings. Those comprising his mane and tail ignited and rose with the intonation of his voice, which seemed to be growing more and more displeased as he continued.

The God's golden nostrils flared at Fraub's compliment, causing his flaming appearance to die down slightly. "Of course I am." He responded arrogantly, his flaming tail lashing against his hocks.

"You might seek fulfillment, but I won't sentence a companion to a life of being bonded to one who is merely a follower. There is more to these lands than you could possibly know - especially if you keep yourself hidden away in the loony-bin, ruled by the golden traitor and the 'necromancer'. If you want a companion, be worthy of one. Leave the Falls - visit the lands. Fight someone, fall in love, make friends, help a healer, have magic used against you, steal something or someone, witness a miracle, gain some magic, kill someone, cut your hair. I don't care what you do, but do something with yourself, or you'll end up as crazy and boring as the rest of the Falls."

Was the God being nice? Under all of his gasoline and flames, was he trying to help poor Fraub develop into something better?

"Besides, you might just find there are places better suited for you out there..."

Nah.

[Fraub must leave the Foothills (become an outcast) and visit each of the three other herdlands. He must also do three of the God's suggestions.]

CREDITS

Unregistered

Fraub's ears perked forwards with slight interest and then lay back down against his head as he listened to the God's truthful speech. His reason for entering Helovia was not to learn about the traditions of the land or even the God's but to find his parents. Only after he achieved solace would he participate in finding a suitable home. Fraub's eyes danced with the flames that played with the God's locks which grew more fierce as his voice rose.

Fraub's tail lashed against his sides, whipping away bits of hot ash. Listening anxiously his ears perked forward with pleasure as the God took his compliment without backlash. 'There is more to these lands than you could possibly know - ', he was right, moping around Hidden Falls wasn't going to get him anywhere or any closer to finding his parents. Fraub picked through the list of deeds suggested to him and although a little reluctant towards a few he knew he couldn't possibly be asked to do all of them.

"Besides, you might just find there are places better suited for you out there..." Pursing his lips into a smile he anxiously half bowed, "thank you" he replied. Shifting his feet he turned around to exit the Veins, "I promise I will return with your request fulfilled".

tag; @[God of the Sun]
words; --
ooc; --

tabini!