the Rift

Metamorphosis

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

Lace

Afterwards, he could never quite remember what he had been doing during those long months of madness. What few memories he had were faded and vague, not unlike scenery beheld from a distance. Hazy, indistinct. Whenever he tried to recall places, faces and names he was left dissatisfied with a bad taste in his mouth, the way a spoiled apple haunt taste buds with a sensation that should have been pleasant but ended up disappointing. What he could remember were scenes of fire and destruction, pain ghosting through every limb and muscle and a distinct feeling of having aged - though nothing in his outward appearance would suggest that. No, on the outside Lace looked the same as he always had; scarred and branded, god-touched and with the vigor and strength of a stallion in his prime. If anything he was a bit thin over the ribs, but it was nothing compared to how he had looked this winter past, the slight fever that dimmed the amber eyed nothing at all when considering how only a season ago he had been ravaged by a raging inferno determined to consume him from the inside and out.

All things considered, he was lucky to have survived the plague. As Birdsong faded and the sun rose higher and hotter in the sky the grullo began to search his way back to his old stomping grounds. Succumbing to a sudden longing for familiar faces and well known terrain, he turned southward and roved through the deep forests, following winding animal trails and seldom used paths. He didn't hurry his steps, didn't run headlong beneath the shaded canopies - the pace was steady, slow, almost hesitant. While Lace did miss his friends, the horses he had considered as his family and home, he wasn't altogether convinced that they would be glad to see him. Hadn't he failed them? Hadn't he been in a position of power and responsibility only to leave them behind and run to save his own sorry ass? Guilt and shame were his constant companions, and never had he felt them weigh so heavily on him as they did now. Not even Fajira could manage to reassure him, because the white dragon felt just as irresponsible and traitorous as he. For one short season she had been a queen, ruled alongside her golden sister like an equal - there was no way a fall from such heights would leave them unscathed, the same as before.

Nevertheless they returned, because the alternative was too painful. Neither horse nor dragon felt any longing for the open road anymore, they weren't as young as they once had been. They longed for different things now, for peace and quiet and that fleeting tranquility that only came with stillness of mind. When the nights aged and sleep deepened they dreamed new dreams, of eggs in a nest and long legged foals prancing over flowering meadows, of someone to love and hold and stand by... None of that could be found without effort. None of it would be attained if he kept running away when things got rough, like he had so many times before.
This time they would return to stay, to make peace with themselves and others, and maybe manage to move on to something new, something better.

It was with mixed trepidation and anticipation they emerged into the forests of the Threshold, once more surrounded by the mingling scents of horses. Fajira warbled excitedly as she kept flitting to and fro among the tree trunks, pointing out tracks on the ground, every sign of movement in the shrubbery that might belong to a loved one. Lace nodded and smiled, and all the while his heart kept pounding furiously in the chest, a rapid beat urging him to forget all reservations and just charge on... It was just as well that they didn't come across anyone just yet, he wasn't even sure that he wasn't contagious anymore.
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks
Heartbeats race. Pulses rise. Hooves tear into dusty earth, furrows of frenzy beneath the sound of distant thunder and the cry of snapping trees. In the shade and through the light a smear of crimson can be seen, vermilion, silver, gold, shades of fire and metal, the figure darts from tree to tree, crashing through clearings and dancing over creeks. One might wonder why she runs, what demon rides, laughing, at her feathered heels; and one might keep wondering, for they would find themselves hard-pressed to stop the flying filly.

And even if they stopped her, they would reach no satisfying response. Why the fire girl runs is beyond even her, she merely knows she must, that there is something waiting for her, something vast, and exciting, and good. No rationalism, no reason- instinct pulls the muscles now, playing with sinew as a child in the sand. She trips, stumbles, catches herself and laughs, excitable legs scrambling to maintain composure, articulate eyes telling a story of joy. Somewhere behind her a large-eared fox barks, his voice the echo of her ripe, bursting heart. In that moment she is a child, a youth, not a too-grown-up filly who has forgotten how to smile.

But every moment must past, and if you watch very closely, you can watch this one die in the girl's eyes.

"Lace?"

Heart still races. Pulse still pounds. But the casing of it all is suddenly still, broken, a frozen moment in an infinite space that threatens to combust at the slightest touch. A spinning leaf released from the tree but afraid of the ground, the girl stands in emptiness and her mind reels, her emotions churn. I look a mess, one voice muses; he looks... less dead, another offers unhelpfully. He must be shocked, floats by on absent thoughts, and above it all, beneath it all, inside it all is the fervent cry of one word.

"Lace."

If she could be paler, she would; if her eyes could be larger, they would, and if she could say anything else, anything better, well, she would do that, too. But this, this is something different, something she cannot contain, something she cannot express, this swarm of emotion and relief and rage, guilt and love and hope and fear. She blinks, blank, her expression empty, and tries again to make words form on her leaden tongue. A grunt. An "Ah..." Nothing of use. She stops, and swallows, and as she does a shadow races past her feet to project himself at the silver stallion. Natraj's happiness is palpable to her, and as he presses himself against their lost friend, the girl breathes deep, and feels a tear form at the edge of her eye, then another, and a third. She swallows, again, and speaks. "We thought you were-"

She chokes. In her mind, the confession plays out, the words she has dared not speak echoing in her head. I thought you were dead. I thought everyone was dead.
Image Credits

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Lace

They heard her coming long before she broke through the underbrush to appear before them. At first they had tensed, Lace slowing to a near halt and readying to face whatever charging beast it might be, but then a rapid succession of images and sensations from the dragon made him shift; not quite relaxing, but at least not prepared to fight for his life anymore. Fajira gave off a jubilant screech as Tandavi and the kitsune appeared, swooping down to do loopy the loops around the moon-touched filly and blowing little puffs of fire and sparks in celebration of the reunion. The gold-backed stallion gave the red girl a smile that wasn't entirely effortless as she skidded to a halt in front of him, all while the feverish, haunted gaze roved hungrily, almost greedily over her youthful frame. Again and again he looked, taking in the sheen of her coat and the sandy grains that teased inky nostrils with their dusty scent, a telltale revelation of where she had been until just recently. She looked well, at least physically.

"Tandavi" he breathed, the soft tunes revealing relief and elation and that deep, bottomless tenderness reserved for the oh, so few mortals who had managed to nestle themselves into his heart. "I hoped you were... but I wasn't sure, couldn't be after..." His smile faded at the memory of the night when they had been separated, remembering how fire and death had descended upon them and her fleeing form as he'd stepped up to dance one final time.

Natraj lunged towards him, but Lace quickly backed away so the little fox couldn't touch him, expression wary and apologetic.
"Better not" he said to the kitsune and threw Tavi a quick look. "I don't know if I'm free from the disease, I don't want you to be infected... By the gods it's good to see you again!"
The Store | The Warden

Alija Posts: 58
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Sara95

The mare wondered slowly back to where she had first arrived in Helovia she assumed this was where all newcomers were welcomed to the land. Her tall antlers made it difficult for the purple and pink striped draft to move through the forest. smiling to herself she hummed a list of healing plants as she wondered searching for souls to meet. She loved to meet new people even if it was dangerous for a healer, sworn enemy of fighting, would enjoying getting to know strangers. She shrugged her shoulders the two leather bags on each shoulder squeaking softly. The pendants hanging from the thin golden chain jangled softly as she moved on through the thick trees.

The scent of a stallion and some strange creature wafted into her muzzle drawing her up short. Pausing the golden haired mare stared around with bright steel blue eyes. The draft mare pondered silently as she gazed around looking for the source of the smells. Her voice was warm, clear, but hesitant, "Hello?" Alija stood still antlered head up ears pricked curiously and swiveling to try and catch any sound of an answer. The mare would make a stunning sight standing bold as purple brass in the field her wavy golden locks, feathers included, waving slowly in the wind. The healer had no interest in her looks or really anyone's physical appearance. Yes she would enjoy looking at a handsome brawny stallion just as much as any mare, but to win her heart he would have to be a sweet and brave stallion. A flash of white drew her from the trance listening so intently had pulled her into. 'What in the world was that?' She stepped forward quickly, unbeknownst to her, she was close to stepping into a private meeting.

A voice no a name drew her ears and draft body forward curiosity drawing her attention. As she pushed through a few trees she came upon two horses, one silver with gold a spider's web marking on his face was being spoken to by a pretty young copper and golden mare. Her smile faded slightly as she gazed between the two, something wasn't quite right here, and she thought of retreating into the shadows, but she was frozen in place like a deer in the headlights. She couldn't just barge in on something like this without at least saying sorry. Her voice was soft, slightly shy, ""I.. I'm sorry."

"Speech." 'Wonderings'
Words: 406

[Image: 53a4c3e87d453]
Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
Rostislav
He said new members, I'm going to get myself some new members. New recruits. Yes, I will take them and bring them back to the Falls with me. But maybe I can do it nicely and have them like me, too! But I'm not sure I should get my hopes up so high. Wandering through the threshold, I let my blurry vision scan through the trees. It's hard to tell what's a living creature and what's trees animated by bad eyes and a bad headache.

Eventually, I find something that appears to be a living creature. Not just one, but a few. I don't recognize any of them. A stallion, a mare, and a filly. I have no idea which of them - if any (or all?) - is a newcomer. I pick up a trot and find a path through the trees toward them, coming up from behind. Greetings! I cough more gruffly than I mean to. As I approach I hear the end of their conversation, but it doesn't give me much information at all. A stammered apology from the mare. Eavesdropping isn't working out for me. But perhaps an upfront conversation will. If these are members of other herds, then I will have to steal the newcomer out from under them. But who is the noob.....

Damaris barks in the distance, calling me out for being ridiculous. She's hunting for small game while we look for recruits. She, too, has been looking for new bodies to take back to the Falls. Living bodies, that is. She keeps her distance now, letting us do our thing in peace while she keeps hunting. I smile and send encouragement and feelings of happiness her way, knowing that she will be successful with hunting. She's been getting better and better, and I wonder if we'll have to start moving around more for her to not overdo it in one location. Gotta keep the prey thriving.

Walk. Talk.

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

He steps back from them, and they freeze, suddenly afraid. Rejection, disgrace, loathing, failure, failure- they failed him, and now they are to suffer for their sins. Too wrapped up in the heat of the moment, their emotions rage and dance unchecked. What light was left in the girl's eyes, fades, and happiness dies in the back of her throat. She blinks, and the salt on her eyelashes stings; she pushes her ears down in anger and shame. What did she really, truly expect? Warmth? caring? Love? She deserves none of these things.

Her face grows empty. What does she deserve?

But Fajira and Natraj are testament to her mistake. The boys claws sink eagerly into her unstained leg, drawing her out of her abject despair. Happy, he tells her. Needs healing, he adds. The sting of rejection leaves him quicker than her, replaced by a youthful and pragmatic joy. He knows just how much it has tormented her, the failure to heal her friend, the way she fled on that dismal night... he has lived through her pain, and now, he thinks, she has an opportunity for redemption.

She blinks, and realization lights her face.

"I can heal you!" She cries, suddenly alive again, young voice cracking in the emotional strain. "I'm a- I'm the lead- uhm-" she struggles, unaccustomed to this new feeling (pride? is it pride? she wants him to be proud of her, she thinks, needs it), unaccustomed to words. "In the Throat, I'm the-"

I'm sorry.

She whirls around, and her eyes open wide, for there's a purple mare standing there, with elk horns and yellow hair and a pink face and...

...and the girl and her brother can do nothing bur stare, not sure whether to be angry or amazed. They are too shocked to react to the other's approach, or to do more than flick their ears at his overly enthused greeting, or to smile. They sit at a loss, confounded by the ugly mare and obtrusive stallion, and in the pit of her stomach Tandavi feels her ire start to rise. She does not speak, only stares, and at the back of her hocks she can feel Oxy's blood magic rising, pressing, aching for her to throw it in their faces and make them leave.

[ ooc | @[Lace] Sorry for the wait, please tag me!

Tandavi is using Dark x Water Magic: Able to burst red blood cells, causing reduced hemoglobin levels therefore signs of anemia and oxygen deprivation. Symptoms include muscle cramping, shortness of breath, increased heart rate, disorientation and fade after 30 seconds. She's not projecting it very strongly, or at a specific target, so whether it affects your character or not is totally optional. ]

Image Credits

Lace

He sees the light die away in her gaze and hates himself for killing that rare smile. Lace gave his young friend a pleading look that urged her to try and understand his concerns, his fear of being the spark that kindled the flames of chaos once more. he didn't want to bring death and madness onto anyone, least of all to these two youngsters who had already seen too much. Fajira echo the sentiment by coming in to land on the filly's red back, careful not to nick the supple skin with her talons should she be allowed to settle; a soft purr spill from her half-open mouth, soothing as she tried to reassure Tandavi. There was no way they wouldn't be happy to see her, no way Lace would refrain from pulling her into the tightest of embraces - if he just could.

The stallion's worried expression brighten into a surprised smile however as the blonde filly burst out talking, stammering while revealing her gift.
"That's great" Lace said warmly. She doesn't have to finish the sentence for the horse and his dragon to understand the message. "I'm happy for you. Why the Throat though, why didn't you...?"

But he broke off before he had time to finish the question, distracted by the appearance of the strangers. Sooted ears ticked backwards ever so slightly as first an abnormally colored mare appeared (seeming suitably embarrassed at having barged into this rather private conversation) only to be joined by a stallion that smelled of predator and some odorous liquid that made the Silverthorn wrinkle his nose in distaste. The greeting of the stranger was met with a curt nod and a suspicious scrutiny that would have made Lace scoff indignantly had he received it from another - he could hear the White hiss faintly, barely able to contain her displeasure at the interruption.

"Can I help you?" he said quietly and slipped forward on quiet hooves, intending to move between Tandavi and the strangers. But as he did so he felt a sudden pressure start to mount in the head, a high pitched tone growing louder in his ears; he sucked in a breath but couldn't seem to chase the sensation that he didn't get any air. In sudden suspicion the seasoned old horse stared around, moving his gaze from horse to horse to see who was casting this magic - for surely that's what it had to be, it was the only explanation he could find for this peculiar sensation. He looked from Rostislav to Alija, then noticed the intensity of Tavi's gaze as she stared at the newcomers.

"Tandavi,!" he gasped sharply, the reprimand sharp and clear even despite his obviously winded state.
The Store | The Warden

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
They say there was once an ugly duckling, who turned into a magnificent swan. Once an awkwardly constructed, lonely and misfitting belle, a new creature rode upon the winds today. Wings stretched out from her sides, glittering in the sunlight that bathed her form. All around her appeared glowing, dragon-shaped souls, who sung and laughed a magical symphony, filling her world with the warmth and love she needed to carry on. The time spent wit her father and his homelands had been wonderful, the knowledge she had gained was second to none - except perhaps, if she had had her mother by her side this whole time. Silence and wind pounded her ears as the thought cascaded through her mind, rebounding from her and onto her magical companions as well. They crooned a sad song at it, a song which morphed once again into something happier, as they attempted to change the young girl's mind, to focus upon the journey that laid before her. Yes, it was time to return, time to discover that which she loved anew, time to live and grow in the lands of her own birth.

Creme flesh pulled taut over lean, defined muscle groups as with each beat of her wings, the creature came closer to the lands she could truly call home. Though happiness did fill her soul, there was still a sadness within her, a hole that was yet to be filled. Amaris thought it to be the absence of her mother, the unknowing status of whether life still filled her lungs or not -how does one decide when it is time to move on, or when it is time to hold on still? Deep, amber eyes searched ahead, as her altitude dropped down below the cloudscape, her heart filling with warmth once again at the familiar surrounds. The dragons around her danced gaily and surrounded her in a cacophony of cheerful noise - a racket she was well used to, for they were her constant companions these long months away.

The girl wondered whether she might see her sister again, knowing the impatient lass had left for Helovia sooner than she, and the golden one sincerely hoped it would be so. But there were others too, others she cared about almost as much as her immediate family -for they were all family, too. With a sweeping motion of her wings, the belle dipped into a dive, her laughter stolen by the wind, her mane and tail hairs swept away in a haphazard mess, before her strong limbs caught her bodice and carried it forth into a rocking canter. The long, whip-like tail flicked behind her, the sharp scythe cutting at the tips of the long, dried blades of grass nearby. Soon though, she fell into a silence, as her spirit dragons informed her of excitement up ahead. They all rushed away from her side, and she was pulled into following them, only to see;

Family.
bg - table
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Sara95
ALIJA
Alija stood silently feeling terrible about walking in on such a private matter. She jumped as a third stranger walked into the meeting. He smelled very odd and had a weird slur to his words, which put the purple mare on edge. A shiver of unease quivered up her broad back. She was not welcome here, but maybe she could make emends for it. She had heard the mare say something about the Throat so she was inclined to think she was a herd-mate, but now was not the time to ask. Smiling in an almost guilty way she watched the three before an odd hateful expression crossed the golden mare's face.

The purple maiden's smile slowly faded from her girly features as an odd feeling started within her body. Her heart started to pick up it's pace like a child trying to work a toy from a space it shouldn't have been and becoming more and more agitated until it was pounding. Her muscles all seemed to seize at once pulling her body to the ground with a mighty thump. The air gushed from her lunges, and she couldn't seem to get it back. A sudden and wild thought appeared, 'So this is what a fish feels like when it is scooped from the water.' She would have laughed at the stupidity of her thought but air was in very short supply. Gasping she struggled against whatever odds were at work here. Her muscles rolled in painful spasms making her body move in strange writhing ways.

Steel blue eyes shifted painfully from face to face pleading for help as she gasped her mouth opening wide in an attempt to breath. If only she could reach into her pouch and pull out a herb to help her, but every time she struggled to reach into them a spasm drew her thick neck away leaving. She was sure she would die here, she thought she saw a white dragon and a black any tailed fox, but she marked it to hallucination from the lack of oxygen. The strangest emotion was pouring through her soul as steel eyes found the mare; sorrow. She was sad that she had brought this upon herself by intruding on these two. How would she ever make it up to the golden and silver horses. The sadness was clear on her face, around the pain that is, as she stared up at the faces around her.

"Speech 'Wonderings'
Words: 409
OOC: @[Lace] @[Tandavi] @[Rostislav] @[Amaris]
The soul is healed by being with children
Image CreditQuote Credit
Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.

Rostislav
Whatever I have walked into is clearly much greater and more complex than I anticipated. My presence is apparently not welcome, as I am instantly greeted with.. a lack of oxygen. At first, I feel like I am just growing short of breath, as if I had just run the race to win the position of Legatus. The one that I gather is named Tandavi, the golden girl, has a stare of death directed at me and the purple one. By the shriek of the stallion, I'm guessing that not only is he not pleased by this magic cast by Tandavi, but he might also be the newcomer. Or is Tandavi the newcomer? I can't tell, and perhaps that is because the oxygen that powers my brain's thinking is coming in less and less. The purple mare falls to the ground. It's a loud thump - she's at least part draft, like myself, though I sense we are not exactly the same. I, too, am finding it hard to stand, and that's when I realize that I am gasping for air. I don't even notice the arrival of another mare - I'm lacking in what is essential for life. Panic begins to rise inside me. Have I really gotten through all the shit in my life just to be snuffed out like a little bedside candle? I fall to the ground now as well, my body thudding loudly. Panic is full throttle. I struggle to pull myself to my feet, like a horse trying to escape a wrecked cart. But like feet on ice, I can't seem to get traction, can't get a foothold and get my body to work. In my mind I can feel Damaris panicking. She's never seen me approaching death this quickly before, even in the spars I've done. She runs through the forest, trying to reach me, to save me. I hear a howl go up as she urges me to hold on. But I'm fading already... so fast I'm fading. I fall on my side, my nostrils flaring as I try to breathe, even just short shallow breaths. I try, but the oxygen just isn't there. My eyes close finally as I fall unconscious, the last thing I remember is another howl, full of anguish.

I'm sorry Damaris, I love you.

Walk. Talk.
@[Tandavi] thanks.. gonna kill rosti i see?! XD
Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Tandavi!

Lace's voice cuts sharply through her haze, slicing away the layer of confusion and piercing straight into her hurt. She starts, blinking, and becomes aware of Natraj's claws and Fajira's talons, aware of the weight of the air around them and the horrible taste of that toxic magic on her tongue. Did she hurt anyone? She does not think so, hopes she does not- she looks up, black eyes wide and hopeless, and realizes that the ugly mare and the gruff stallion are falling to the forest floor. Did... did she do that? A sharp gasp pulls at her throat, and she whimpers, shocked at her own lack of control. She has never hurt anyone like this before.

But then, she has never been so hurt.

She wants to return to Lace, to have him tell her it will be alright. She wants him to help her, to teach her control, to be the family she has so utterly lost. She cannot draw her gaze away from the prone forms. Why did they have to come here? Why couldn't they have just stayed away? Constricted, her throat is dry with distress, heavy with doubt and hot with fear. She could heal them, she thinks, but she does not know what's wrong; she takes a step forward, uncertain, and stops, turning at last to look back at Lace. She is a dancer on a precipice, a tightrope walker on the edge of falling into the abyss, a child who does not know the answer to a moral question; she is lost.

The girl turns to look at Lace, but before her eyes can reach them, they are caught by something else, something bright and recognizable. Something which shatters her heart.

Tandavi stares at her cousin, and does not speak, mute for once not by choice, but by her inability to process the emotional strain being placed upon her, the cruelty of the fates who take away and return. She cannot speak, but her face says enough to fill novels. Where were you? it asks. Why did you leave me?

[ @[Lace] | Crap, sorry >.< ]
Image Credits

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

Black light dances before his eyes, blotchy and dizzying, but as his voice reaches the red filly the pressure fades and Lace finds himself able to breathe again. Gasping slightly he stares around wildly for a moment, taking in the two strangers on the ground and the shocked, bewildered look on the face of his young friend. She hadn't done it on purpose? This notion made him frown slightly; it was bad enough if she decided to attack people just because they interrupted a conversation. The thought that the moon-touched lass wasn't able to fully control such a power was chilling, enough to send a shudder of misgiving down his spine. Yet the grullo made sure to hide this thought carefully, instead stepping closer to Tandavi.

"What about the illness?" Fajira thought quickly as he reached out to pull the sorrel into an embrace. "It can wait" he returned, more concerned about responding to the lost look she wore and the way she turned towards him as if in search for support, guidance... something.

Lace didn't see the golden filly until after he'd moved to sling the neck over Tavi's whithers, realizing perhaps for the first time how tall the girl was; a hand higher than himself, if perhaps not as well muscled. It takes the sudden stillness of her for him to realize that something was wrong, and as he let the gaze follow hers he felt the breath leave him once more for a short, dizzying moment. Who was that? So familiar, yet he felt sure that he had never seen anyone with such natural, elegant beauty before, such strength and grace... Then the grullo spotted the dragons, noticed the shimmering scales on her hide and the leathery wings and realization crashed upon him like water breaks against a cliff.

"Amaris?" he breathed incredulously, staring as if he couldn't believe his own eyes. It was her, but how could it be? It felt like he had seen her last just recently, so how could the dainty, lanky foal with the oversized wings have turned into something so... mature? Questions rose like bubbles from the depths of his mind, but before he succumbed to them there was the reality of the situation to consider. Throwing another glance at the two strangers, Lace reluctantly broke away from the two cousins and stepped carefully in the direction of the stallion and vibrant mare, eyes darting over them to see whether they were alright.

"I apologize for that" he said quietly to them, "I think you must have startled her. Are you alright? I don't wish to be rude, but it might be best if the two of you left... I and these girls haven't met for a long time, and we could use some privacy."

He gazed at them seriously, waiting with well hidden impatience to see what they would do. It wasn't something he normally would do, but this situation was... precarious, to say the least. Maybe it would be safer for all of them to disperse until Tandavi had calmed down.

@[Alija]

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
The Store | The Warden

Golden eyes shimmer with surprise as they digest the scene before them. The girl takes a step back, retracting her bold entrance to allow the surrounding brushes to fold over her shoulders again, her chiselled tiara tilting from one soul to another, her eyes widening in alarm at the two who lay on the ground gasping for air. It was like a shimmer, the magic that her cousin then retracted, at the terse command of Lace, both creatures a sight for sore eyes to the belle.

But then she sees the look Tandavi gives to her, and she is stunned at the ferocity that radiates from her cousin's gaze. Hurt crosses her face, but only for a second, so trained is she in the art of hiding all that might give away her inner turmoil of emotions. The golden girl had little control over the events that had unfolded, small and still dependant on her father and sister as she had been, afraid for the life of her mother and family, afraid for the wellbeing of all she knew as the shades took over the lands.. What choice did she have?

All the choice in the world.. The thought rung sadly in her, as she looked at the cousin she had left behind, the cousin whom, despite her best efforts, couldn't be found in time to take to their father's homeland. My best efforts were not effort enough.. I never should have left. Sadness furrowed her brow, as she glanced from her golden cousin to the silver-streaked steed who worked so hard to regain control of the situation.

The dragon-girl stepped forward again, her scaled muzzle reaching out to the cousin she longed to comfort, to embrace, to reassure that she was here, now, and how sorry she was that she wasn't there, back then. Draconic companions fluttered around her, their lights winking in and out as her attention held solely onto the girl who she had left behind but never forgotten - how could she try and make Tandavi understand? "Tandavi," her voice was deep and melodic, a memory of her own mother's tones, as it reached out to the newly blessed Throat Healer.

"I was so scared Tandavi. I thought you were dead." The words were quietly whispered, but earnestly, the honesty behind them colouring the words more than she could ever convey through mere touch of expression upon her scaly façade. "Please, Tandavi." She says the name again, moving closer, wanting to embrace, wanting to cling to and never let go again.
bg - table
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Sara95
ALIJA
Welcoming warm black was slowly creeping into brain taking over her steel eyes. The doe was slowly watching herself losing conscience as if she was a spirit watching above the scene. Already she was going through the list of herbs she would need to pull from her pouches to help bring her breath back. It would be futile though, there was no way an unconscious horse could do anything for anyone. Her last breath was leaving slowly like a snow melting or grass growing. Then the pressure was gone, gasping the purple doe drew air in to starving lunges. After what had seemed like ages the antlered mare could breath and think clearly. Her muscles relaxed, but were very sore and lose. Once the mare was able to lift her badger marked face she turned to her pouch and picked out Chamomile. Chewing slowly she tested her legs flexing them carefully before rocking to her feet.

She staggered for a moment before steadying herself. Ignoring the others she turned to stallion passed out on the ground. Stretching her neck towards her right pouch she plucked more Chamomile out. Lowering her head to the stallion she checked his breathing before carefully trying to nudge the plant into his mouth then gently shoving his head to hopefully rouse him faster.

As the grey stallion spoke Alija swiveled her thick neck to look at the three behind them. One mare she had not noticed was mostly concealed in the trees. Harks pricked to catch every word he was speaking before letting her warm voice bubble forth, "No I am sorry for interrupting. I understand how being startled by my appearance can bring forth trouble." Smiling softly her eyes heavy with sorrow she directed her attention to the golden filly. "I am very sorry miss. I will leave maybe one day we can meet on better terms." Inclining her antlered dome for a second she moved to leave, then paused, "My name is Alija, and both of us will be fine, do not worry I've given both of us Chamomile to ease the breathing and muscles." Rotating her neck once more the doe smiled warmly, there was no hard feelings within her kind heart. Keeping her limping under-control until she was out of sight, the sore unicorn limped towards home.

"Speech 'Wonderings'
Words: 386
OOC: @[Rostislav]
The soul is healed by being with children
Image CreditQuote Credit

Rostislav
Nothing. Absolute nothing. That was the 'experience' I had being passed out. As I began to came to, I wondered if I'd died. No.. no if I'd died there wouldn't be.. plant being stuffed in my mouth. What is that? It's.. weird. Weird as in different. I'm not sure yet if I like the taste, but it does seem to be helping me awaken. I groan as only a fatty stallion can groan, and my eyelids peel open. A strange purple mare stands over me, concern and pain chiseled into her face. Err... what the hell is going on... I grunt and when I think she has cleared the area enough, I clamber awkwardly to my feet, hooves splayed slightly as I try to balance myself. Passing out from lack of oxygen is not exactly what I had in mind for the day. I thought I was going to be taking a beast home with me, but right now I want nothing to do with any of them, really. Except the purple one. She's helping me out like a bro, and I appreciate the fuck outta that.

I look up at the two that I had seen before, and now... another. This.. Tandavi.. is quite a handful. The look on her face is full of emotion - shock, joy at seeing this mare called Amaris, longing, sadness. All the feels on that little one's face. The stallion next to her.. he seems fine enough, but I still can't figure out who is the "newbie". He's got a strange spiderweb pattern on his face, and I decide to name him Spidey until I figure out what his real name is. He recommends we leave and I can't help but agree. Clearly this is not my place. This reunion does not include me or Alija here next to me. I murmur an apology and goodbye, and my thanks to Alija. She leaves, and I am close behind her. There is no need to stay here and risk my lung function any longer.

Walk. Talk.

OOC: rosti out!
Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

She barely notices as the mystery pair pull themselves from the earth and leave. Purple words fall on deaf ears, white eyes mean nothing to the girl, whose heart is ember, straining to burst to life. She does not feel Lace's embrace, does not feel the flames which seep from her nostrils to find his face, slinking, unbidden, across his skin and searing away the remaining infection, flickering and dancing and vanishing in the light. She is oblivious to the electricity which crackles in the air, the conversion of dust motes into tiny silver sparks. She fails to notice Oxy's magic leave her as Lace's flows in, a river of fire and earth and sun.

All she can see, all she can hear, and all she can feel is Amaris.

There is nothing in her eyes but a still, cold fire. Tandavi; the girl flinches at her name, the melodious voice that once soothed her in the night piercing daggers through her pain. Motionless, speechless, she watches the hybrid and does not react but for the flicker of an ear, golden spire falling back at the memory of Mirage's voice, of her mother's. Inside her mind is a torrent, a scream- No! it howls, You left! You all left! What cruelty, now, that they should come back just as the girl is finding her feet; what providence, what wickedness, that the stability carefully groomed should be so carelessly swept away.

I thought you were dead. "No." The girl balks at her cousin's approach, stepping back against a tree, feeling the reassuring scrape of bark on her rump. She is not unconvinced that Amaris is real, that the golden scales will not fade into nothing should they come into contact with ashen skin. "You left me," she whispers, and beneath the ferocity a well of sorrow threatens to spill forth, anger a thin shield for misery, loss, betrayal and hope. Had her mother not told them that she was alive? Kali had found her, given her gifts- did she never reach Rishima, never convey the truth? Or worse-

And she stops here, unable to go on, unable to face the possibility of her mother's demise. Tears again well at the edge of her eyes, hot and unwanted, salty and cruel; her mane flies inelegantly as she shakes them away, and even as she still she finds she still trembles. She wants to wake up from this horrible dream, to return to reality where she is alone- and she needs to touch, to be close, to find out it's true, that her cousin is here and she's not just imagining, hoping so hard she fools even herself.

Image Credits

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

After bowing the unwanted strangers out of the way with streams of apologies and reassurances that he would make it up to them, Lace turned back to look at the girls. His mind still reeled with the sudden turn of events - first stumbling upon Tandavi, then finding Amaris too within the span of mere minutes! But as the grullo look between them the smile dies away, replaced by a blank mask that effectively concealed the mingled irritation, understanding and worry he felt.

He couldn't blame Tavi for being angry. She had been left behind, just like himself. Mirage hadn't offered to take him along when she disappeared, hadn't let him know with so much as a word that she intended to leave at all. Lace remembered his feelings of worry, of panic at the thought that the shadow mare might have succumbed to the shadows, of anger and sadness and abandonment - even now he was lost for words to describe it. Heck, he didn't even know whether any of the others was alive because there were no evidence of their presence to suggest neither life nor death. All he had was hope, and a nagging suspicion that shadows and death wouldn't be enough to conquer the DragonHeart and her kin.

A frown creased the skin around his eyes as the stallion watched the moon-blessed girl back away from her cousin, spluttering stubborn words of refusal. Swinging the head over in Amaris direction he watched her with narrowed eyes, appreciating the attempt at closeness but not knowing whether it was truly a good idea or not...

"Let them sort out themselves" Fajira suggested and flapped in to settle on his back, her weight and warmth welcome against Lace's skin. "You're right.. but how to make them talk it out?" He could feel the dragon smile toothily in his mind, then a stream of images and suggestions flooded over into his brain. The solution she offered was odd, yet it made the stud suppress a smirk of amusement; agreeing quietly he turned back to the girls and watched them with slightly narrowed eyes while reaching into himself and summoning his magic.

It was barely noticeable at first. The branches of the shrubs and trees swayed and shifted in a quiet summer breeze, leaves rustling in soft melodies. To someone swept up in the torrents of thought and focused on another horse, it might be hard to notice that the wind wasn't the only thing that made the bramble move. Indeed, Lace worked both quickly and quietly as he manipulated the forest, intending to spring a trap upon both the young mares - he wove roots and twigs together, braided them with his mind and then reached out for more... Then, in a sudden flurry of movement he made the trap spring close. From everywhere thin wickers sprang forth and begun to weave themselves together, hopefully trapping both fillies within a tall dome of plant-life. It was loosely strung together and allowed both sound and light to pass through, yet it would keep both equine and dragon-kin from running or flying away - and provided quite the arena should they decide to fight their differences out. Should they try to blast it open with magic Lace was there to weave it shut again; there wouldn't be an exit until he decided to make one.

"I suggest you stay inside of there until both of you have said everything you want to say" the gold-back said sternly. "Don't hold back, by all means. Let it out, scream or shout or bang your hooves against each other if you have to - I won't let you out until you've worked this out."

And with that he turned his back on them and started to graze, blatantly ignoring any protests that might come. It wasn't as though he wasn't listening intently at what was going on - he just pretended not to give a damn, in case the girls felt it was awkward to row while he was there.

@[Amaris] lol Lace... Feel free to skip him until they've made up. ;D

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
The Store | The Warden

No, the words bounds from the lips of her cousin, sad and though it was without the tone of accusation, Amaris felt it anyway. Others left, unseen, unnoticed by the golden youth as her gaze pleaded with her cousin's, her regret, sadness and simultaneous relief at seeing Tavi alive again rolling haphazardly across her features. Guardianship over her expressions was forgotten, and now the jumble, the confusion of emotions played across her face, a book not just opened for all to see, but with its pages flying out in a maelstrom of chaotic, unidentifiable feelings. The girl was blind to the creping of trees around her, oblivious to the cage that encircled them until the voice of Lace - whom she felt overwhelming relief at having found alive rise in her heart - informed them of their predicament.

Then her cat-slitted eyes peered around her, leaving the bodice of her cousin for a moment to assess the impenetrable fortress he had created. Dragon-shaped lights flickered inside and outside the branches as her spiritual friends informed her of their intent on burning her out of there, but the girl hushed them silently, with words sharper then she intended sternly quieting the dragons to simply roost upon the top edge of the forested cage. Though she was not fond of being enclosed, as equines were wont to object to small spaces, she knew the stallion meant well by his actions, and turned her attention back to Tandavi. A longing appeared upon her confused façade, a desire to embrace the girl, to feel her living, breathing, beating self, so that Amaris could ensure she was real.

The dragon-girl took a step towards her cousin, neck lowered as her eyes pleaded with her. You left me, the whisper utters, and at it Amaris does indeed weep. Tears spring forth from behind her eyes, and she nods sadly, accepting the truth for what it was; horrible, unthinkable, and yet undeniable.

"I did, but I did not want to." Sad, quiet tones replied, desperation for her beloved cousin to understand that if they had known, if hey could have found her they would have taken her with them, or otherwise resolved to stay behind - to somehow have worked out how they could simply be together.

"I am so sorry, Tavi," she said, taking another step, breathing a shaky breath in as her nose reached out to touch her cousin, her first friend (aside from her sister), her warm breath then releasing from her nostrils as she hoped to feel the smooth skin of Tavi's cheek against the plush velvet of her muzzle. "I wish I had never left, and I never want to leave you again." Honest words spoke out, the girl oblivious to the fact that Tandavi now resided south instead of east, in the lands of the Sun instead of the Moon. It mattered little to her in this moment of ignorance, though perhaps when time passed and thoughts had a chance to think, she would think differently.

@[Tandavi]
bg - table
I like being tagged!