Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

destry</style>
the moment of truth and the moment to lie
the moment to live and the moment to die
the moment to fight for what’s right</style>

I eye Aurelia once the buckskin pegasus earns the egg and others begin to disperse, walking towards her. I offer a smile, despite the pain I felt. I had failed yet again. I'm beside her within a few moments, words slipping from my dark lips almost instantaneously. "Hey," I look into her pale eyes, trying to smile even though I had failed yet again at earning a companion, an everlasting friend. "What did the mare mean when she talked to you?" I ask, blinking at Aurelia and cocking my head to the side.

I assume this meant Aurelia had a companion at some point, but she didn't have one when I met her— or did she? Maybe I was just too wrapped up in her beauty to notice her companion? But— surely she would've mentioned it or... I would've noticed it. And it was dead? I frown at the thought. Aurelia must be going through a lot if her companion died— part of your soul goes to a companion, losing that would be losing a part of yourself. I open my lips again, ears laid back and eyes glued to my crimson hooves. "I'm sorry to bring this up—" I mumble, looking up and gazing into her eyes. "What happened to your companion?" I ask her, searching those pale eyes for something— anything. Was she sad, angry, upset? Was she okay?

I look out across the blue magma, shivering as I remember the blue mare screaming at the three equines only moments ago. She screamed at a blue pegasus as well about losing her companion (as I assume, that's what it sounded like anyway), and then to a little colt who thought she was hurting it. Thank Gods that wasn't me she was screaming at, or else I'm sure I would've sobbed and been so scared to do anything. That mare was quite terrifying.
"Talking"

ooc takes place after the companion drop in the veins | wordcount 314 | tags @[Aurelia] <3

image by aling_ @ flickr.com
lyrics belongs to This Is War by 30 Seconds To Mars
(modified)</style>

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
I had left Helovia. I had decided I didn't want this life. I wanted another, but when I tried to act like happy Kahlua, or interesting Mauja, people were offended. Was I too much of one thing? I guess I could be the melting pot of personalities, but then I would be called bipolar, or people would say I have multiple personalty disorder. There is no win for me. I only lose. That's all I am. I can't voice my thoughts anymore, I'm too harshly judged. Even if I do what I think is right, in some way it's still wrong. I can't help, but remember the incident with Leliel. He was blind, but I'd never seen a blind horse (not that I knew of, anyways), and when I tell Leliel he was trespassing, some painted stallion comes and makes me look like a fool. Perhaps I am a fool. No, not perhaps. I am a fool. It's undeniable.

I limp towards the Veins of the Gods. This is where the lava mare called me blackened. I'm not evil, dammit! I don't want another companion! I don't! I wanted to see what was happening and now I'm the evil one. I want to leave this land, I do not know why I came back. No, wait. I do know why I came back. I came for her.

Destry.

I can't help, but think about her, I abandoned her. Will she hate me like she hates her mom? As if fate planned for us to run-in again, I see her. It's.. Destry... She's talking to me. She's not mad? Is she pretending she's not mad? "What did the mare mean when she talked to you?"

"Destry! I'm so sorry about not picking you up when I said I would. What did the lava mare mean? Well... I.... I'm not a good mare. I have many enemies. I'm enemies with horses I do not yet know. I'm light. I'm dark, chaotic." I gulp down my saliva and wait for a reaction. Destry speaks one more time. "What happened to your companion?"

With a long sigh, I tell her why my companion is now dead. "I found an egg. I warmed it up, a snake hatched from it, and our souls became intertwined. The young snake was loyal, almost to a fault. One day in the World's Edge, I challenged the leader, and my snake tried to help. I didn't see her attack the leader. I say her limp on the ground. I lost the challenge for leadership. I got kicked out, and my friend died. I do not want another companion, I was merely interested in what was happening. When my companion, Shilva, died... Part of me died. Now it feels like there is a humongous hole missing from my life. Feel free to hate me. I've gotten use to the hate, in a way. Angels are not hated, this is why I told you I'm no angel when we met. I am like a siren. I draw you in, then catch you a wreck havoc. Except I do it unintentionally." I stare at Destry looking for a spark of emotion, even if it's hate. I like knowing what people are feeling.

"I left Helovia, but came back to tie things up with you. I want to leave Helovia, be it tomorrow or in a month. I do not think I can stay. I cause to much trouble for everyone. Not even my family likes me, actually I'm sure they hate me. I think our relationship will end up like your relationship with your mother, a horrible one. I don't want to bring more pain into you life, Destry." My gaze drops to the floor as I prepare for the screaming to come. This time, the words throawn at me will hurt worse because they have come from Destry, my one true friend--t he one who gives me butterflies and makes me feel like I'm walking on sunshine.

"Talking"
Aurelia

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

destry</style>

She's there in moments, standing beside me in all her radiant beauty as the others disperse, leaving but us. The two angels of the sweet story of which one has fallen in love with the other and is far too scared to reveal it. A true love story (still better than Twilight) that will melt the hearts and make the readers go "Awww" at every sweet, heartfelt moment.

But clearly this is not one of those moments, not yet anyway. She babbles, slipping over her words and swallowing hard as she finishes. "Oh Aurelia, you are a good mare." I smile, looking quite happy despite the fact that Aurelia wasn't looking as happy or content. "I think you are. And you're not evil, or chaotic. You're an angel remember?" I pipe up, looking into her pale silver eyes and letting loose a sheepish little grin at my reference to our first meeting, when I had found myself awestruck by her flawless appearance.

I listen to Aurelia speaking, listening and near crying as I stare at her. I can hear the sorrow in her voice, and my heart sinks. I walk over to her, reaching to embrace her, to get close. Let my dark skin touch her light, smooth skin that shines like gold, sprinkled in golden flakes all along her body. "I don't think I can hate you—"
"Talking" Butterflies flicker through my stomach, tickling at my sides and making my heart throb. "I like you so much... I don't know if hating you is an option" Stop. Wait. What. I take in a deep breath and pull my neck back, looking at Aurelia. Oh Gods what have I done. "I mean—"

"Oh Aurelia. I am so sorry. But—" I hold back tears as I swallow the knot gathering in my throat. "Please don't leave me Aurelia. Don't leave me. You're the only friend I have— " I look at her, the angel I've fallen not-so-gracefully in love with. Is it love? Or am I just crazy and thinking that it is? Whatever it is that I'm feeling, whenever I'm near her I just want to stay with her for eternity, lay with her and watch the world pass by us.

"From the moment I saw you— I just knew I had to be with you. And you are kind, you were kind to me and treated me kindly." I pause, looking deeply into her pale eyes, my own eyes blurred with tears as I gaze at the pale beauty before me. "You are the only one who's offered my kindness in all of my lifetime. And I cannot repay you for that— the only things I can say is.." A stuttering exhale as a tear rolls down my cheek, followed by a few more. I inhale deeply, I've only just met her, but— "I.. I think I love you—"

ooc <3 | wordcount 479 | tags -

(modified)</style>

baylee
Destry. I'm not quite sure how to describe her. I think of her one way, but she surprises me quite often. When I told her that I had burnt her mother, I thought she would be angry with me, but instead she was glad that her bitch of a mom felt her skin burn and blister. I thought she'd be mad at me now, but she isn't mad. Instead, she communicating feelings to me.

She says I'm a good mare and an angel, but if I am.. why don't I feel it? Then, she says she doesn't hate me, and that she considers me a friend. Is this how friends act? They forgive and forget? This is weird for me, because I don't feel like her friend. I feel like a mere passerby, but as our conversation continues, I realize that I mean much more to this electric girl (Who, by the way, has sparks shooting out of her hooves) than I thought I did. "I.." I pause for a moment, unsure of what to say, so I don't say anything else for now. What can say? I want to say I feel the same way, but do I? I told Mauja I loved him, but I felt different around him. Was that love? Is this love? What is love?

"I don't know what love is." The words fall out of my mouth before I can stop them. Do I know what love is? I've always said that I loved this horse and that horse, but was that just my mind playing tricks? Do I say I love because I yearn for companionship? When I had Shilva, I never had enough companionship, but now that she is gone.. I feel complete and dead at the same time. I understand what is like to lose a companion now. I've felt the cutting of the bond, I've felt true loneliness. Was Shilva all I needed this whole time? Something to show me companionship then have that taken away? I say I have no friends, but Shilva had no problem being my friend. Does this even make sense?

"You can't love me... you don't want to love me." I pause for a moment and shake my head back and forth as if to further my point. She had embraced me and began crying. Is this what love is? The warmth of her hot body pressing against mine is quite fulfilling. But as she backs away and the cold settles in again, I feel something in my gut. My legs are jello at the moment, and I am unable to comprehend what is happening. My mind is thinking of everything that will go wrong if I tell her I love her. My mind says no, but my heart says yes. Is love absent in the mind? Can love only be found in the heart? "I want to say I love you so badly, but is this love I'm feeling, Destry?" I step forward, wishing I could dry her tears and make her smile. I don't care if she shocks me by accident, I want to be close to her, even if it means getting zapped.

I pace closer to her. My firey gaze pinned on hers. One of my ears swivel forward, but the other stay slanted backwards. I halt once my muzzle is a mere inch from mine. Will she shy away? I hope not. I press my muzzle towards hers. "I think I love you."

"Talking"
Aurelia

destry</style>

I eagerly await her words, afraid that she may not feel the same way and nervous that she will. I won't know where to go after that, what to do once I know. How will we live? Do we live together in a herd or as outcasts? Do we have children or remain childless? Will we find ourselves falling out of love within the next few months? How will this all work out. So many questions stirring within my mind as she murmurs just one single word before falling silent again. My body is tense as I wait, the tears staining my dark cheeks. Gods I think I might just curl up under a rock and cry for a while I'm so afraid. What will others think when they find out I like mares? What will Azarel do? Or—

I have no one else.

I stop my train of thoughts, watching as it dips down into an abyss known as reality, blowing up in my face. There was no one else here in this big wide world that I cared for aside from Azarel and Aurelia. Why? Why did I only have two people to care for and that cared for me (so I hoped at least). How come I'm such an unsocial hermit? I'm so stupid and alone, here trying to fight a war that I was clearly losing. It was just me against the world right now, and I don't know if I'll make it without Aurelia by my side.

Her words aren't really something I was expecting, but I do understand her point. "Neither do I." I smile, trying to stay positive about this, although inside I was a mess of negativity and mixed feelings. "But maybe we can find out what it is— together." I look at her, into her pale eyes with a slight smile on my dark lips. I didn't know what love is, what it feels like to be in love. How do you know that you're in love? Is it just a certain feeling you get, or is it more than just a feeling?

"I- I don't think I have a choice." I murmur, lowering my head and looking up guiltily. This wasn't choice that I found Aurelia so alluring, so beautiful and charming with her sweet words and melodic voice that soothed me. "Every time I see you I just— I just want to be close to you. I want to know you and— I don't know how to put my feelings into words.." I trail off, taking a quick look up before averting my gaze back to my crimson hooves, breaths shaky.

"You tell me if this is love that you feel—" I raise my head up, stepping closer to Aurelia and staring down into those milky pools divided by a blaze of gold, her pale forelock falling down, parting the golden divide. My stomach twists and my heart reaches out, longing for Aurelia. I see that she's extended her muzzle to meet mine, and I let them touch. Her warm, pink nose touches my velvety black muzzle, sharing a warm, affectionate touch. As our muzzles are pressed against one another she whispers to me those sweet words that complete me.

"Thank you—" I murmur, feeling those tears of joy finally rolling down my cheeks, flowing down and dropping to the earth below. In a stuttering, soft whisper I tell Aurelia, "you have made me whole." I close my eyes for a moment, feeling the warm breeze sweeping my mane and tail up, ruffling my feathers and the smile creeping back onto my face. I can feel the tears blow away in the wind as I step closer to meet Aurelia in a sweet, loving embrace.
"Talking"

ooc hnnnnng ; - ; | wordcount 641 | tags -

(modified)</style>

baylee
Destry admits to me that she may not know what love is either, and that perhaps we can learn about it together. I smile at that idea and nod my head like a young child. Love makes horses feel young again, right? Have I already learnt what love is? Have I known all along? Destry continues, by telling me that she doesn't have the choice. I recall Mauja saying something similar to that sentence. He said he cannot choose who he loves, and that he can't control his feelings, basically. Has Destry learnt the same thing? She loves me and she cannot help it, right? She starts to explain to me what she feels like, and I must admit.. I do feel feel like that, in ways, but I fear my type of love.. is different? I feel like I love in the way a devout queen loves her herd, but I think Destry loves me like a wife does her husband. Am I just thinking too much? These emotions are strange for me. If she spends a lot of time with me, will the love end? Will our passion, our love, be swept away with the breeze or will it stick like gum in your hair?

She asks me if this is love and steps closer to me, allowing my velvet muzzle to touch against hers. I tell her how I feel. That I may love her. The connection between us is undeniable, there is a raging fire between us, undeniable sparks. As she slips away from my reach, our connection doesn't falter. In a strange way, this love feels like the connection I had with Shilva, the now dead snake. Will Destry find a similar fate if she stays with me? Of course, death is inevitable, but I don't want the spark-girl's death to come quicker because she is with the likes of me.

Destry thanks me for making her whole as her eyes begin to water with joy-tears. I smile softly, glad that I have found the mare that will be my other half (hopefully forever, too). "You complete me, too. You're my other half." Her eyes flick shut, and I admire her. She looks so beautiful and content. I am, too, but I also hold worry in the pit of my stomach. What if I let her down? What if she finds out about my other relationships (can I call them that?) What if Destry learns to hate me like everyone else has? What happens th--

My thoughts end abruptly as her warmth devours me. She embraces me, and I decide I should speak once more. "So Destry," I let my eyes flutter closed as I continue, "shall I finally take you to your home?" I smile as I slip out of our embrace. My eyes are wide open now and a content smile is widely worn on my maw. Shall we go to the Dragon's Throat?

"Talking"
ooc: so i'm thinking you post once more, and then i'll make a thread in the throat? is that okay with you? so adorbs! <3
Aurelia

destry</style>

There is silence, stretching on in a span that seems to never end. I wait patiently for something, anything from Aurelia, but I receive nothing. But I suppose that in this moment of bittersweet bonding we don't really have to talk, we can mere gaze into one another's eyes for a while and have an entire conversation. At least, that's what I hope to do one day. For now, we are but a mere two mares trying to figure out the ropes of our homosexual love, if you can call it that.

I can't help but want this moment in time to last forever, this sweet moment we share here and now. I want to hold it dear, this one joyous memory lurking in the abyss of hatred, depression and fear that has been my life so far. Maybe more of these happy memories can be made with Aurelia, memories that will last me a life time. I will cherish these times of smiles and heartfelt embraces, this love that I feel deep within my heart is something I won't be forgetting anytime soon.

I smile at Aurelia's sweet words, telling me that I'm her other half. Does she mean it? Is it true what she says, that she loves me and that I complete her? I would be heartbroken if it was not true, but she was just playing me for a fool, a young, stupid girl who was desperately clinging to some little hope that maybe she can find the love she's lost.

In our embrace, she pipes up about going home as she slips out of the loving hold. I want to reach back to her, to take in her sweet scent and forever hold her close to me, to feel her warm skin against mine. Her smile is brighter than the gold flecks on her coat, a loving, affectionate smile that I return with my own. I was so happy, not a glimmer of sour thoughts in my head (not anymore anyway). I don't think I've ever been this happy, at least, not in a long time. When our eyes collide, my crimson and blue flecked eyes meeting her pale silver pools, I tell her with a soft, dreamy voice. "Let's go home." I begin to walk towards the bridge, glancing back with a smile on my face to see if Aurelia was going to take the lead and take me to our home.
"Talking"

ooc <3 | wordcount 412 | tags -

(modified)</style>