the Rift

[OPEN] All of your dreams are made of strawberry lemonade

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
she's got a pretty face,.
but no heart to match

Annoyed, possibly feisty, over the amount of sand collecting to her coat, rubbing her muzzled across her skin to loosen the particles that clung with intense vengeance and fell to the water she stood. Leaving may of been her good idea for the idea, going to the river in the meadow and enjoying the feeling of currents against her body. Becoming more relaxed with her current state, rough feeling of sand particles clinging to her skin having faded away, a snort flared from her nostrils. Air temperatures gave her a trick when a shadow casted across the ground, passed off as nothing more than a cloud playing peek-a-boo with the Sun, feeling a cool breeze touch her and caress.
Only, the cloud did not pass. Patiently, she waited, wanting nothing else than the Sun to reign down on her and begin the process of relieving water weigh. She'd pulled herself out from the water, shook, and began heading home. No sunlight.
Now, finally becoming a bit irritated with how the breeze was chilling her, her eyes struck to the sky. Having found their point of interest, she spoke loudly to herself. "What is that?!"
Drilling holes with her eyes, her gaze hung with her mouth open. Kicking into immediate action, her legs gathered themselves and pushed forward, each moving away from one another in short strides. Speed paid her some worth, though none of her breeding gave it fierceness. In a lonely night where she was left to herself, she gave herself the rule that she could either stand and fight, or use words in case of an issue. If she ran, they'd be more than likely to catch her.
It rose up behind the veins, her eyes at the shrines when her canter became a slow trot, moving down to a walk. Altogether, everything about her halted. Muscles buckled and all went forward in a lurching motion, but still she did not budge
Moisture teased her hocks, lefting one up without making much thought to it. Instead of rising, it hung. More pulls were done until she was yanking desperately. Groaning, she turned her face down to her legs, finding clouds. Clouds that had her moving, lifting her upwards towards the island.
Repeatedly bellowing screams outwards, filled to the brim with fear, her body weight went to the left, falling down. Her eyes we're clenched shut when she did hit the cloud, surprised by the feeling. Relief flooded her veins when the cloud hit the island, dissipating beneath and leaving her eyes to look at the land.
Unique in every which way, a sweet scent of cherry blossoms filling the area and rolling into her nostrils. She sneezed once, finding her knees and pushing her weight onto them as her hind legs straightened behind her.
"What is this place?" She'd gained a nasty habit of talking to herself, always half-expecting someone to be there to reply to her. It was empty for the most part, finding no others to populate the area. Enjoying the emptiness and great amount of wildlife, who spent no waste in staring at her and then leaving, finding no interest in her, she cocked a smile.

@[Cera]
darren criss. @ shine

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Despite the haven of the Shrine in the Throat, the Diviner found no solace in his homeland that day. Though he was aware the shrines had been destroyed, the Gods had always answered him no matter what he sought, and should their absence reign he nevertheless found solace in the footprints they had left etched forever into the warm rock. Once upon a time, he had even met a talking tortoise with wisdom far beyond what Cera could ever comprehend. It was a secondary home, one he worshipped as profoundly as the Shrine of his Lord.

He had started out early, when the sky was a vibrant purple of awakening. The sand had trailed into compact earth, and with the tick of the hours birdsong and the rustling of life had greeted him like a long lost friend. Such sounds were not prevalent in his desert home land. It would be a few hours more until he would reach the Veins, so he enjoyed the solitude and the time it granted him to think. The path was sewn into his heart with silver threading looped through a golden needle, spinning a compass upon his heart onto a lane of memories and well-traveled flights of desperation and confusion. Nothing had changed but the passage of time wearing down the stone altars, a comfort of degradation.

Only, there was something beyond, something new. Wholly unprepared for the sight of an island perched in the sky, Cera stared for many moments in shock. All that uprooted him from his stunned passivity was the movement of another body, the flow of scent into nares that recognized a Throat kin within a moment. Unaware of the name of the other Throatling, he nevertheless moved forward as he saw her form begin to struggle against the clouds that had clung to her ankles. Staring in wordless shock as it lifted her bodily from the earth, taking her to the surface of the island in the distance.

Cera shied away from the untrustworthy substance, eyeing it warily. The sky was meant for those with wings, with currents and drafts and experience to navigate them. It was delightful that others could enjoy the experience, in a way, but Cera would never have a contraption- magical or not- replace his wings. Racing for the edge, still worried for his sister in arms, pale hooves lurched against the precipice of rock and angelic wings snapped forth to carry his weight into the nothing. Ilaria chattered nervously from his shoulders, eyeing the island with a mixture of curiosity and displeasure. It could either be a formation of the Gods, in which Cera would trust its intentions, or it could be a ploy to trick and ensnare the naive citizens of the peninsula.

Landing hesitantly, muscles straining to keep from placing his weight fully upon the earth until he was sure it would not crumble from beneath him, the painted boy continued on until he heard soft musings from ahead. Sighing in relief that the fae was unharmed, he jogged forth to join her. "I have no idea. You're from the Throat, aren't you? My name is Cera, son of Midas and Diviner of our land. May I know your name?" Pleasant smile warmed his pale features as he gazed upon the lass, happy simply because she was well and his worries had calmed to a degree concerning her health. Looking out at what lay before them, he frowned softly. "I don't see much activity. Would you like to explore with me? We can report back to Sohalia and Africa, I suspect they'd wish to know of this development." One wing extended from his shoulder as if bowing and extending an arm in invitation of a stroll on this new terrain that held so many secrets.

WISE</style>
Knowledge is the key to all things.</style>

image by mandj98 @ flickr.com
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
but no heart to match
Life was meant to be filled with surprises, things that happen daily but you don't expect to have happen to you. Words had spilled from her lips with intentions of speaking only to herself, for the wind to carry off and for all of it to be ignored.
Instead, a voice came from nowhere and answered her question.
Shivers sprung along her spine, jumping in surprise which led to a loud snort and her stepping to the opposite side of the voice. Still firmly startled, she looked over to the one who spoke to her. Cera was clearly no spook, ghost, spirit, whatever you wish to call them, but a fellow member of the Dragon's Throat. Embarrassment threw her startledness out the window.
A slow nod answers his question, leaning her head towards him with her eyes locked to him. "Sikeax, but you can call me Sia. Hi..." Her words tumbled across one another, stumbling when she whispered them out to him. He speaks again, talking about exploring the land in the name of the Dragon's Throat.
She looks away from him, scanning the distance for anything odd. Nothing seemed odd, the wildlife had given into their presence and didn't seem bothered much. Cherry blossoms came off the trees when the upper winds blow roughly, coming in through a strong draft. Squeezing her eyes shut and turning her head away for a moment, she allows a few to strike her skin
"Sounds nice... Let's head inland, see how far it goes."
Hungry, and hopelessly hoping he isn't watching her with too much interest, she dipped her head quickly, taking a mouthful of grass. She chews fast, swallows, and enjoys the feeling of food in her stomach. She'd forgotten to stop and graze along the way, and with a belly complaining, she hoped he got the idea when she did do it.
His wing haunts her for a moment, watching it with a curious eye. Confusion covers her face. She wants to ask, but takes it in a manner that he knows what he was doing and that it would be something she'd have to learn.
Embarrassed, lost, and trying to figure out what he was doing, she tries the best thing she can do for him.
"Uh..... Cera? Is your wing okay?"
Genuine concern dots her face, looking his wing with worried eyes. It looks fine, really it does, but there were always problems that appeared internally, never striking the surface. It's odd position is one that she's never watched Amara make, or any other Pegasus. Something must be wrong.

OOC: Forgive her, Sikeax has never been around male Pegasi up close, and surely not anyone like Cera. She might be a odd at first.

darren criss. @ shine

you were angels,

Ashamed that he had startled her, the painted youth stepped away to give her space and sheepishly lowered crown with an apologetic smile. He should have thought before speaking, but worry warped even the most honest of intentions. "My apologies, I didn't think to announce myself." Ilaria barked softly from his spine in agreement, as if apologizing for her bonded's thoughtlessness. Whether or not it was his apology that soothed her or some sort of internal realization, the young dame turned her oceanic eyes to meet his. Cera smiled as she introduced herself, bowing his head respectfully in greeting to her, knee dipping elegantly. "A pleasure, miss Sia. I'm afraid there aren't many ways to shorten my name, but feel free to call me however you wish," he professed. His name was short by nature, with too few syllables to turn into anything cute or friendly, and at times he regretted such a thing.

Sakura blossoms drift as if suspended in time, swirling around them on zephyrs that caress his skin. Petals twine into his mane and tail as they kiss his canvas while they drift past him. They seem to do the same to Sikeax, playing around their hooves like foals, demanding action despite already having fallen to the earth. It is a carpet that invites them further into the suspicious, beautiful island. He spies her dipping her head to indulge in the grass, and looks away to ensure her privacy, instead busying himself with stepping forward to feel the luxurious silk of the petals beneath his hooves. It's almost entrancing.

Ilaria is who reminds him of her words, and Cera cannot help but to laugh gently. "I am often expressive with my wings, I apologize. I was merely motioning for you to walk with me, an invitation of sorts." It had been so long since he'd been around anyone devoid of the feathered appendages, he hadn't had to explain before his intentions when it came to his actions with his wings. It was endearing, in a way. Shuffling his wings back to his sides with an understanding smile he slowly walked forward. "Do you explore often, Sia?" He desired to know more of his herdmate, and simple chatter seemed an appropriate way to achieve that.

WISE</style>

but no heart to match
He, or shall she say they, the small bark resulting in her ears moving about in rapid movements before turning her head fully, offering a warm smile and soft laugh, almost a giggle, to the small creature, seem of the better side of personalities. Cera has gentle words, ones that allow tension and uncertainty to seep from her and pool upon the grasses much like the petals. Instantly, they've won her over.
"As it is here. I'll have to call you Cera, then. Who is your friend? I've never seen one like..." Having no idea of the gender of the red animal, she worried as of misgendering the companion. "her? I apologize if I am wrong."
Nervous in her own skin as of mistakes, of how the comfort he has given her is something that cannot drown all the cautious and worrisome actions she is prone to make. Speaking of his wings, she thinks about to how none of the other Pegasi she knows have never used them much. At first, she see's now that she knows more of them than she does her own kind. He steps forward, his hooves moving the blossoms. The original concern landslides off her face.
Questions taunt her for seconds, her mind fast to swarm her with the blurred, and distorted memories of sweet, innocent, carefree childhood. Promises of adventures with other foals come back. Each is bittersweet with a pungent after taste that murders any sweetness of it.
"I did as a child, it doesn't seem like a good idea anymore for me. Do you?" Sure as of to keep pace with him, she pulls herself together, almost held together with vines strung around shattered pieces, ignoring the memories to ensure she does not put pressure to her herdmate.
Gazing forward, she keeps her eyes to a large silhouette in the distance. Mountains rose around them, telling her more as of how small she is to the world. In the back of her head, she wants to turn her head to see what the world looks like this high. A question caresses her brain, and she feels her tongue twitch.
"Cera?" Her tone dips in, soft and low, a lady like thing that is wary of if she has grasped the attention of the male. "Being this high up, is it the same view that you get when you fly?" It is an odd question, but permanently grounded with the absence of wings, feathers, sheath, whatever builds a flight giving structure, she was blind to the experience of flight. The whole idea was foreign to her. She had not heart to ask Africa, scared that she'd bother her friend when asking of flight when a lone wing gave a warning it was not polite to ask, and Amara never spoke of flying.
Then again, she'd never seen either of them take flight, so it was believable that neither of them found the idea useful..

darren criss. @ shine

you were angels,

At the attention from the lovely lass, Ilaria wiggled her little body joyously and yipped further. If Cera was a friendly face to most who knew him, Ilaria was even more so, often forging a deeper friendship with others than Cera himself. Instead of becoming upset by such a conclusion to most meetings, Cera found it more amusing than anything that his companion was so lovely that others found themselves as endeared as he did. He smiles away her nervousness, nodding to assure her that she is correct in assuming Ilaria's gender. "Her name is Ilaria," he lilted with a soft look over his shoulder to view the sassy little creature. Her tail merely wiggled in amusement. "She is a Red Panda. I've had her nearly as long as I can remember, Grandfather Earth gifted her to me when I was but a colt." Ilaria cooed at him lovingly, scampering up his neck in a well-practiced motion to curl round his ears like a living accessory, patting his cheek with gentle paws and drawing a laugh from his birdlike chest.

There is no note of any significant emotion to alert Cera to the bittersweet nature of her recollections, for surely he would have comforted her and apologized for asking a question of such genre had he been aware of her discomfort. Instead he is consumed by his own memories, humming softly in his throat as eyes drift to times far in the past and in places miles away. "Ah, I'm afraid despite my desires as a colt, I never ventured far from the borders of the desert." Ever trusting of others, he turned and lifted his head high, stretching throat to display the wicked scar spanning the width of his chest. "I received this days after Ilaria and I bonded, in the Deep Forest. I suppose, after that, with Midas forever watching over me and my own fears holding me back, I never desired to adventure." Despite the tragedy he speaks of his smile is nearly perpetual, as if incapable of fading.

Letting crown fall back to a normal resting place, Ilaria disgruntled and hissing softly at the memory of her prince bleeding out on the forest floor, poisoned and inches from death, she clings to his crown further as if it could somehow protect him and erase all that had happened in the past. He hopes not to make her feel uncomfortable with his admission, for he has never minded speaking of such sensitive topics of his past, but until she reacts he cannot judge whether or not he is in the wrong mindframe.

Keeping his pace slow to accommodate her, despite being of equal height, merely out of respect should she wish to continue grazing. Her soft voice probes into his aurals, seeking out his attention which he freely gives with an inquisitive smile as crown turns to find her eyes. Gazing out over the precipice not far from where they've traveled, he smiles, realizing she would not know for she is not granted the abilities he holds merely because of the species he was born. "Yes, Sia. It's nearly the exact same, truly. Of course, it's much harder to achieve no movement when flying, so it's not quite accurate. But being up this high? Yes." He smiled indulgently at her, finding no trouble in answering her questions and hoping to inspire a confidence in her, to encourage her to speak more freely with him, for he would never be troubled with her questions or even idle chatter.

"Do you have family in the Throat, Sia? Or, someone you consider such?" Maybe it was a personal question, but he was interested in the dame beside him, and Cera had quite the habit of taking others beneath wing and turning them into family forged by bond instead of blood. Midas had passed on such a quality to him, and Sia was young enough and he old enough where it would not be too uncomfortable. Young Amani had already been tucked close to his breast, and he looked out for her as any older brother might, and the young stallion feared Sikeax suffering the same loneliness as Cera once had. He would do anything to keep anybody from suffering such a fate.

WISE</style>

but no heart to match

Swimming in attention motioned towards Cera, and the small Ilaria, whose actions bring nothing but laughs of amusement, and smiles of friendship. Knowledge that someone is of such ways living in her home brings forth an idea that possibly there were no rude, cruel minded characters within the binds of the Dragon's Throat, excluding the soldier she had met in the past who was nothing but rude.
Their shared question is answered by him showing a scar, one that makes her cringe at the sight of it. Having sported no scars, there was none to bare to him, to act like two soldiers, that they clearly were not, sharing battle stories. Later on, if she stuck to her profession like her plans let her do so, there could be worse than what is shown. She can only hope that those who come to her are ones she isn't close to, for if the wounds proved fatal, and she was to lose a loved one at her healing skills, she would never let herself get over it.
Rumblings of hunger come from her stomach. Conversation has slowed, fallen into a place where there isn't much to be spoken. Placing a sheepish smile to her features, almost to a brink of embarrassment, her jaws sweep down and take a mouthful. Chewing quickly with a fast paced swallow, she's back up as Cera speaks about flight.
Fully intrigued at this point, her eyes don't dare shift off of his form. Curiosity is painful, wanting to know more and more as he speaks. She wants to experience it once, only once in her lifetime, but left wingless, and as flightless as a turtle, there could be no chances.
Was that even jealously she felt when she admired his feathers, their glorious beauty? The ones wove into her forelock were more of a headdress than flight capable instruments, and would offer her no use.
"That's..." Buried in the moment, thinking about how it felt to be lifted up in the air by a cloud, she pulls a face of amazement over herself. ...So... Unique. I wish I could fly like you, but I don't see any chances in my lifetime." She laughs nervously, feeling dumb over her childish words. Him finding them funny, and dream filled wouldn't hurt her, the idea itself odd. What would she do if she could fly once? Chances are, nothing important, seeing as she had no purpose to them.
He continues to speak, asking as of family ties within their shared region. Does anyone in the land even share her bloodlines? Is she the only one? Adrixaura was good as dead, and Roy had left her as promised, never caring to tell her good-bye. She'd never admit to missing the stallion; that was a cruel, heartless thing to do.
"My father came with me to the Throat when I grew to hate my mother. He left me soon after, didn't give a goodbye, or anything, just disappeared. My mother is probably dead, or has left as well. As for others, I don't know how they see me, but at times, I see Africa as an older sibling to me. That's all." The relationship with Sacre seemed vague, a friendship that at times she questioned. He was good to her, and for that she respected him, cared for him with all of her heart, but considering him a brother was as foreign as the language Ilaria spoke to her in. "What about you? Is there anyone who is your family back home?"
darren criss. @ shine

you were angels,

Cringing away from the ghastly sight of his scar inspires a surge of regret in Cera's conscience, and he hums softly in apology. "It is not pretty, I agree. But it is a symbol that I have survived," he spoke softly, eyes warm and understanding. He, too, had been unable to stand the sight of it when at first he had received the wound. Even if magic had the capability of erasing the scar upon its initial creation as a wound, it would never eradicate the scar upon his mind. Time had healed him, far faster with the aid of his doting father and the wisdom of the Earth Turtle. But the scars, both of them, would remain until he met the end of his days.

Her sheepishness is unwarranted, for he is already concerned for the shadows that dance like reminders of plague between her ribs upon her coat. He attempts to catch her eyes this time, instead of turning aside his gaze for her comfort. "Conversation does not lull from a desire to eat, Sia. I will not be offended, it was I who interrupted your evening after all. Please, graze. I chatter far too much for my health as it is," laughter poured from his maw in a kindly manner, attempting to lighten the otherwise serious consideration for her health. It was a wound Ilaria could not stitch together with her magic, one that could only be shrunk by the tending of the individual it afflicted.

Such curiosity offers him more time to speak, to elaborate and craft for her the experience he cannot fully offer her. The time for her to consume the flesh of the blades at their disposal. Her nervous laughter and flittering eyes are saddening, for there was arrogance in all species, and the reaction she was expecting could be evoked no matter the lack or presence of horn. "No wish is ever foolish, Sia. Many wish for flight. If it was a gift I could give you, be assured I would. It is...exhilarating. You feel unbound, unchained. The sky is your palace, no matter how many others may share it at a given time, it is an unspoken agreement between all flighted beings. It both belongs to all, and belongs solely to you." Voice becomes wistful, loving almost, as he tries to put into words an emotion far too pure and beautiful for any language.

"It is...hard to describe. You are disconnected, untouchable, powerful. This sight you see, this high above? You see it and you know of all the evil and the danger, and you don't fear it at all, because it cannot touch you. But it is so pure, so innocent, a beautiful sensation. Skill is gained in time, but even newly flighted beings...flying requires trust in yourself. If there is one thing able to make a lost soul realize who they are, in and out, it is flight. So long as you know yourself, you will never fail, never falter, never fall." His own early flight days were full of pain, physically, but nothing aside sheer joy mentally and emotionally. Flushing to have been so adoring in his lengthy speech, he quiets, turning head away shyly.

In fact he is rather relieved when she speaks, taking the floor for herself with as much abandonment as Cera in her past. His eyes softened and he turned, boldly reaching muzzle out in offering for a returned touch, a gesture of kinship and trust. "You do not deserve such treatment, Sia. I too was abandoned by my family. But I swear upon the Gods, I will not abandon you, Sikeax." His lyrics are strong and sincere, a fire blazing in emerald depths, echoed by a purr from the companion astride his lean shoulders. "You are my sister by herd and my friend by bond. Should you ever need me, for duty or for kinship, all you must do is call." Such a promise was offered to all those he loved or held dear, one he would always abide no matter the bountiful numbers collecting beneath its umbrella. He would sooner drop dead of exhaustion than leave them with a broken promise and shattered trust.

Hoping to have not made her uncomfortable with his often blunt honesty and overwhelming kindness, the patched cherub moved away and began treading the coral carpet into the depths of the island once more as he considered her question. Once he found his answer he began to laugh, embarrassed. "I uh...I tend to adopt many into my family. I am unrelated by blood to all in Helovia. I have a habit of taking others beneath wing and never letting them leave." Even as he says this his smile is wide and adoring as he envisions those belonging to such a category. Cera chuckled and shook his head fondly before continuing on. "Ranjiri and her son Ryuu, my sister and nephew. Africa and Sohalia, both my sisters long before they ever found themselves crowned. Hector, my uncle and brother in some odd fashion. Amani, much like a daughter but a sister to me. Many I consider family do not lie in the desert as well. Midas, my father, Czar of the Falls. Rasta, one of his flock. Aurelia, an outcast meant for our lands." Realizing how long his list was, how he had finally managed to start fighting the loneliness he felt so often and so deeply with his emphatic nature, only made his smile glow warmer.

"It's a lengthy list, and it grows ever longer. I would be honored to have you upon it one day," he admitted, directing his smile at the cremello child.

WISE</style>

but no heart to match
Setting her gaze to watch as his facial features morph, regret surrounds her still wounded heart, drowning it in things such as 'it was rude to do that,' and 'you shouldn't be as expressive of your emotions.' Each fall to be smart phrases of wisdom to her mind. The fall impact hits her that she was rude to Cera, who was more kind to than any other have ever been to her.
Before words can whisper from her lips once more, he speaks as of her eating habits. Hunger pines are her in aggressive ways; so much abundant food encasing their every step draws out the evil ever more. Sweeping ears to the outside, moving them down a bit, she still manages to portray embarrassment. "I don't mind you speaking. Your voice is soothing, calm, you have interesting things to say, unlike myself." Wanting desperately to show him that his words are no issue to her, that the conversation is enjoyable, she searches for anything she may think of to add.
She comes out empty-handed because he's come to speak of flight.
All of his words laced with that voice make her feelings of curiosity and jealously leave. He is all too humble, her pale eyes widening ever more with her possibly still childish mind with drinking all of his words. When his face is taken off, she pulls her own as well, feeling bad as she knows that her sights have been on him maybe too long.
Coming back around to speaking, thinking boldly of her appearance similarities to her dam after speaking, his movements toward her at first remain unnoticed. A gentle caress graces her hide, releasing a small gasp of surprise before remembering that Cera and Ilaria were the only ones with her. Basking at his touch for a moment, she makes measures to get as comfortably close to him as could be allowed, moving her cheek close to his neck, meaning to give a warm sign of affection as he speaks more. With eyes shut, she drowns herself in his voice.
"I wish,"Wish what? To say that he is way too kind, that she doesn't deserve such loving attention?"that I could explain to you just how much those words make me feel. My deepest apologies though, to how your birth family could not see how much of a gentleman their son is. They'd be proud." Having no idea what his family was like, she simply went with an easy idea that they may feel proud for how he had become.
Names spill from him, and she knows only a few. Her own list of known names will grow with her age, but considering them family would be a lengthy process of gathering trust when she has become almost unwilling to try.
"I'd be honoured, if I ever do." Her words are low, shallow whispers on her voice. If he hears, she pays no mind. Gaining a single soul that cared gave a low amount of hope, but rising out of how he treated her, the whole act became like adding stitches to her mending heart.

darren criss. @ shine

you were angels,

Embarrassment colors the dame's face in a shade Cera is familiar with, but his smile is kindly and encouraging, hoping to bolden her in his presence. Understanding that sometimes, all it took was one soul that you could open up around to take that first step into bravery concerning others. Midas had been that guardian of Cera's shyness, and eventually, well, he had ended up exactly where he stood in that moment. The roles reversed, and he now the one with the extended hand and comforting words, offering shelter in his presence for those shy and broken souls to hide in until they were strong enough to find and build their own homes. Though he is the one flattered and flustered by her words, crown ducking with a smile curling his lips that was far shyer than previously. Even so she has not dipped her head to obey his urging, and concern buds like new leaves in his belly. "Thank you, Sia. Nobody has ever said something so kind to me before," he admitted, eyes soft as they moved to gaze upon her. "But please, your health is more important, there is no need to be shy in my presence," voice dropping into a cloudlike level of softness, concern like a lattice pattern in his emerald eyes.

Hopefully she would take the chance to graze while he tried his hardest to find words that did not fit in order to explain to her the intricacies, the beauty, of flight. Her gasp is the only sound she proffers, comments withheld on the surge of words falling from his lips, and for a moment he fears he has overstepped some sort of invisible line with her. But then she is moving closer, her soft canvas brushing the lines and curves of his neck, and he moves closer in the same way that she had. Their words are murmured, quieter with their shared spatial area. Far more intimate and meaningful with how they were uttered, and Cera smiled weakly at her confession.

"I don't require an explanation, Sia. Your happiness is all the gratitude I could ever wish for." Her comment on his own family tightened his heart, eyes moist with gratitude of his own. Memories of his mother were fuzzed and nearly nonexistent, but her words touched deep into his emotions and began to mend what he hadn't known was broken. "Thank you, Sia," he whispered, for he too couldn't find the words to express how deeply she had moved him. In that, they were kin.

Their separation is natural, but slow, and Cera cannot help but remain physically near to her even as they walk. Quiet words touch pale cream aurals and he extended a wing to potentially issue a friendly nudge for her attention, smile turning into a cheeky grin. "I think that time approaches far swifter than you intend," he laughed, while Ilaria chittered amusedly upon his spine. They were in agreement that the wonderful lass would soon find herself etched upon one of Cera's ribs, as all his family was, to be both held close to his heart and to protect it from damage simultaneously.

WISE</style>