the Rift

[PRIVATE] lovely new beginnings

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Satanic Silk
You know, I never did a good job recruiting for the Falls. In fact I don't think I ever recruited anyone at all. Really I was a horrible herd member. I didn't contribute at all and spent most all of my time searching for Africa. But now that I am returning to her home, I can dedicate myself to her and to furthering the wellbeing of the Throat. I never thought I would miss being in the desert land, but upon returning, I find that I feel I am home once again. The sand is hot against my hooves A year ago I arrived here for the first time. Africa, I believe, was the very first one that I met.

Alija, my new recruit, and I cross over the boundary of the Throat, and I let out a loud whinny to announce our arrival. I'm sure that someone will be patrolling, and will find us soon anyway. But I specifically desire to see my beautiful Africa. I have no idea who is leading these days, but I hope maybe Africa can bring him or her along. I turn over my shoulder to make sure the strangely colored unicorn is following behind, and stop after a little while. "These are the outskirts of Dragon's Throat. I am not sure who is leading these days, but I have called to Africa, and she should know more." A year since I met her. It feels so long AND so short.... I feel like we just met yesterday. But at the same time, have I really been in Helovia for a full year? Oh how the time has flown by.

Walk. Talk.

Tag: @[Alija], @[Africa]
hungry for life
Image Credit
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Alija Posts: 58
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Sara95
ALIJA
The purple and striped mare followed the stallion, but not from behind. She strode pleasantly beside his black winged frame careful not to come in contact with the leathery appendages. She was done walking behind others, done being pushed into fights and bloody arguments. She hoped the people here would be more civilized and would actually treat each other like family not try to beat the hell out of the other all the time. The antlered mare plodded along beside the larger stud keeping up easily, even with their size difference. She knew she was only of average height, but for her breed she was at the top of normal. What did it matter the height of a healer? She smiled warmly and gazed around as the trees and grass slowly thinned out. The hard brown dirt slowly turned to golden sand. She smiled this weather was much more to her liking, dry not humid was her favorite kind of air. She wanted to breath oxygen not water.

Finally Silk calls out and she assumes she is within her new home's borders. Steel blue eyes gazed around taking in the area and memorizing it as best she could. Remembering things wasn't all that easy for her when her brain was full of herbs and other healing things. Strong vocals great her eager harks drawing her eyes back to the black and flaxen stud. "Hopefully the leader takes kindly to us, since it sounds as if you are joining this herd to." She smiled playfully up at him her light grey blue eyes sparkling happily. She didn't mind that an outsider had brought her here. He seemed to know quite a bit about the place, even if he wasn't a member, yet. ""I like it here much better than the Threshold, but with all the sand, where do people and and drink?" As her pretty badger marked tilted her pendants slide noisily to the right with her head. She wasn't to concerned really, because if a herd had made it's home here there would have to be something here to sustain here.

"Speech 'Wonderings'
Words: 351
The soul is healed by being with children
Image CreditQuote Credit
[Image: 53a4c3e87d453]
Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

100%

It had been two nights already, and as the first sliver of dawn light began to creep across the far eastern horizon on the third day, Africa turned her weary eyes to the north; to the bridge into the desert where she wholeheartedly expected the raven stallion aboard leathery wings to descend. She’d not slept a wink, still scatterbrained, intoxicated, and prominent pink veins had risen to tarnish her light-golden gaze, a glaze to gloss their crystal clear quality. The soft hues of the breaking morning hinted at yet another scorching Tallsun day (naturally). Fading stars winked playfully a final good bye, before they fell into the expanding abyss of vast blue, and the milky face of night’s moon had already sunk heavily into the cliffs to the west. No shadow loomed by the border yet however, and the eager mare sighed misty disappointment into the still, cold air.

There was a fair furrow in the gravelly sand where she’d been waiting, standing vigil, swaying with restless anticipation; wondering, hoping. Her empty stomach groaned a vigorous objection to her fasting (though Silas had brought for her petty samples of overripe fruit and more carefully, Aquis Pipe flowers), but the aggressively nervous throb of her pulse numbed her pricked, focused ears. She could hear nothing but the longing of her fluttering heart; feel naught but the twist of expectation through her core. Powerful, sloping shoulders rolled beneath the loose shroud of cloak (moss green and covering all of her body; velveteen edge draped down about her clicking knees) and fire curled and whirled as she shook the long thick curtain of fading grey mane which sprawled down across the delicate arch of her neck. The golden dragons dancing together upon her brow glistened as the sunlight grew stronger, but alas the stallion never came.

By midday, sweat again stained her mottled hide, though the sheet of light fabric masked all but sodden legs and dampened neck. It offered light shade and rippled gently whenever a rare zephyr of wind burst in from the coast. Still she lingered, bothered by plaguing flies keen and opportunistic, and as parched inside as the arid land beneath; that which she loved so much. Africa yawned deeply, her jaws prying apart to receive the hot thankless air, and briefly her lonely eyes were hidden beneath the fall of thick lashes. As they opened once more, a slow moving shadow appeared some way off and lids flung further apart with surprise, desperately optimistic. She took a tentative step towards it, long charcoal ears straining forward, neck lifting her well-chiselled skull high into the air; nostrils fluttering, pumping the air should any scent betray this visitor’s identity.

He called suddenly, a shrill confident sound to mark his arrival home at last and the Starry-Eyed returned a song still louder, overjoyed. Long white stockinged forelegs stumbled forward into a canter and she covered the space between them quickly, bucking and cavorting like a young filly in a meadow of spring’s first flowers. She was far too excited to notice he’d not flown down to meet her, and likewise failed at first to notice the mare trailing the dust stirred up by his sturdy grey hooves. "Silk! Silk!" she called him, falling headlong into him, burying kind features against the steaming breadth of his body. The scent upon him was alien and strange, but she figured soon enough he would be laced by the dusty hue of their Throat suitably.

When she peeled herself away from him after a lavish embrace, yellow eyes fell upon the one nearby; antlered, strangely marked and tinged beneath bright stripes similarly to the sleek blanket feathers beneath the starry-spangle dressing her companion. "Hello there," she breathed blissfully, grinning, admiring the curious jewel draped between the prongs over her face. "...I’m Africa, Sultana of Dragon’s Throat." Fiery tail flicked sharply through the plume of buzzing flies pursuing, long black and red tendrils beneath sliding off the narrow points of her hocks. "Come to the shade, we will talk there in comfort." She had no reason to think Silk might bring harm to her and their family, and after a brief, thoughtful assessment of the unfamiliar mare in his company, the Starry-Eyed imagined her mild appearance to be no threat.

image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole <3

Satanic Silk
The strangely colored one comes up behind me, quiet on our journey. Though it's been long and arduous, the silence has actually made the trip rather nice. Having company, but no need to fill the silence. Instead, to just exist in peace. Somewhere along the way I decided that, although this mare is strange looking to me, I rather like her. She doesn't wear me out in ways that others have. She sends a slight jab my way, and I chuckle deeply. This was once my home. I wasn't here for very long, but I am still close to some that reside here. I don't let on, of course, that "some" is really "one", nor do I let on quite how close "close" really is. She asks about food and water, and I can't blame her. It looks like any desert - devoid of all but the hardiest of souls who've adapted to such a landscape. There is an oasis, and some grass here and there where water pops up. It certainly is harsh terrain, do not mistake me.

In answering her question, I almost miss the call that comes back to me. Almost. The whinny of joy that returns makes my spirit soar and my crimson eyes shine bright. I leave my charge, trotting forward several yards to meet the oncoming grey mare. She calls my name and I could just die at the sound of it, it's so sweet on my swiveling ears. I sharply swing my leathery wings out, spreading them wide to welcome her into my embrace. I fold my wings around her, shading us from the hot sun in our own cocoon. I was only gone a short time, but it felt so long. My love. I whisper softly into her ears, admiring the look of her face pressed against my shoulder. We are meant to be together, there is no doubt in my mind. My own flaxen mane hangs gently over her flaming one, creating a strange mixture of colors and grays. Odd and handsome all in one, we are.

My mind is already disappearing into the forever of love, but Africa is not to forget herself in front of another, and I both appreciate and respect that. Though we separate, I feel my body has grown even hotter - from the sun, from our embrace, and from the heart-pounding attraction that courses through me. Africa greets the newcomer, Alija, and introduces herself.

As Sultana.

My eyes, heavily lidded as I revel in the wonder of reunion, widen in .. surprise, to say the least. Sultana?! I did not know she had become Sultana of the Throat. Why didn't she tell me this? Didn't she think it might be important. In the back of my mind, a small voice tells me that maybe, just maybe, station is a superficial quality that is unnecessary and inappropriate in the arena of love. I can accept that. Africa calls us off to the shade of a nearby acacia tree, and I start moving that way. When I'm standing in the shade, I stop and rest. My heart pounds and my mind spins. There is so much that is new to me, so much to understand, so much to do.

But with you here, I can do anything.

Walk. Talk.

hungry for life
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Sara95
ALIJA
She smiled warmly watching the stallion quietly, he was rather tense to be here, maybe there was danger in this part of the desert. She gazes around ears pricked searching for any signs of danger. Everything seemed ok though, there was no odd smells, or sights. 'Hmm, maybe he is tense because there is something he has been missing here.' She thought to herself turning back towards the black stallion. Alija giggled in reply to his chuckle, it was so nice to joke and play around with someone else. His words strung a cord within her own heart, a playful smile crossed her kind face. The purple mare understood what he meant, but kept silent, if he didn't want to share more she wouldn't pry. Watching him curious for his answer she nodded softly, ""Well it is a desert after all." Her tone was playful again and she continued to smile.

Another call rang through the air causing them both to start. Before Alija could even get a good look at the mare running their way, Silk was trotting towards her. The happiest smile that had ever graced her lips shone bright as she watched the two. Clearly this was the 'some' that he still had ties with. The healers heart gave a soft ache of longing as she watched the once menacing wings wrap the two in a cocoon of love. Sighing happily the mare waited silently for the pair to say their hellos before doing anything. 'What it must feel like to be given and to give that much love. It must be the best feeling in the world to have care that much...' A sadness overcame the purple mare. The only person she could ever remember loving her that much was her dead mother. Bitter remorse filled her feminine draft body. She really missed her dear mother. Alija longed to her her sweet voice again, but her devil of a sire had the teacher murdered.

Shaking her cream antlers to push the thoughts away, she smiled softly as the green draped mare approached. A gasp of awe ripped from her lunges as she caught sight of her flaming banner and mane. 'How is that even possible?' Then it hit her, the Gods. The gods her herd had revered were here as well, and this was a very special mare to the Sun God. Smiling she took in the pretty grey mare's face. ""It's amazing to meet you Mistress Africa. I am Alija." She dipped her large head low her golden wavy golden locks swirling around her pink badger face. The sun was blistering and the mare was glad to be offered shady. Following the pair she gazed at the two clearly deep in love. Maybe one day the healer would have her own stallion to great her when she arrived home. Getting straight to the point the mare spoke again once they reached their shelter, ""I am here seeking a home as a healer, hopefully. I have left my birth herd to search for a place that my talents will be welcomed." She thought briefly of the warring horses she had left with her old dry climates home.

"Speech 'Wonderings'
Words: 531
OOC: @[Satanic Silk] @[Africa]
Image CreditQuote Credit
Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.

Deceased

100%

She felt the elation and presumed quickly, gullibly that it was love; longing, lust, hope and happiness. She was caught and lifted by the whirlwind of emotion, his embrace- his exclusive affection. She was his and easily, readily she absorbed his warmth, his care and his delight. Strange, hooked wings gathered around her, sliding the loose silk along her body, trying in vain to find the sleek, moist coat canvassing her lovely curves. The blistering bite of the sun was replaced quickly by the sultry warmth of his body as it pressed intimately against her, sweat slick across it. He whispered to her alone, a declaration, a promise and instantly Africa’s lips peeled apart to answer... No.

No? She questioned, wondering what her companion meant- again. Lately he’d been acting out, plunging still deeper than the simplicity of her blissfully happy mind and injecting vast enigmatic statements there, that she neither understood, nor particularly wanted. She remembered recently how they had spoken of all the things she’d once longed for; they'd deliberated over her feelings for Silk until her naivety could bear no more. Now, thoughtfully curious eyes roved along the sleek, dampened black of his coat, the line of his crest, his nape; searching him in silence like perhaps the answers to everything might suddenly come to light. I’m sure its love... she assured, but there was a tickle of doubt; maybe there would always be. Had she not told Windwalker that love cannot be instant? You did, Silas answered the thought suddenly, and swooped down from the heavens to set upon her rump.

There was no doubting how he felt though, the affectionate stallion made absolutely no secret of it and Africa grinned stupidly across at him, not for one second betraying the bird’s reservations outwardly; their impact, the dilemma.

Before they left for the shade, the eccentrically coloured mare introduced herself, drawing light-gold eyes from their interest. They blinked curiously at the title set beside her name and the one-winged chuckled chivalrously, "I’m nothing so fancy. Africa is fine." Tenderly she offered her velvety nose, a friendly gesture from a demure creature, after which she turned and started inland towards a rogue tree whose feeble canopy would suffice for a little while longer.

Africa slipped to the edge of the shade, offering naturally more of the gift to the black coated stallion and the newest to the Throat- she thought nothing of it, and turned forward her long ears to listen, swivelling to face her company, as Alija began again to speak. Silas clawed forward from his perch, finding instead relief from the sun just near her withers (not too close; he was none too fond of the fire woven through the tendrils of her mane). He remained silent, watching, always with a careful eye. "You’re most welcome to roost here, and we’re grateful to be receiving you as a healer. I’m sure you could share knowledge with those of us who also hold an interest in your art, and tend well too, our sparring soldiers." Then she turned to Silk, heart fluttering; eyes lashes batting together coyly. "Thank you." Still their numbers were small. He could not have known her appreciation; but soon enough he would see that recruiting such able, willing bodies had become crucial to the herd’s survival.

image credits

Satanic Silk
Her muzzle across my neck, my shoulders, where my wings meet my torso. The well-defined muscles provide an easy contour to search. The beautiful dappled one pulls back and her easy smile just makes my heart flutter with joy. Of course, I have no understanding that she has any sort of dilemma. I am brainwashed with love and affection, and the troubles that she hides so easily are not so recognizable to me. Though I could easily make this moment all about us, the two mares are more cognizent of their surroundings and the circumstances of this meeting. We are welcoming Alija to the herd. The colorful mare greets Africa with respect, and I smile with satisfaction.

But of course, the humble lady that she is, Africa turns down such proclamations of greatness hidden in the simple word "Mistress." The two of them join me in the shade, and I watch in silence. There is no need for me to contribute to the conversation now, and I simply watch as Alija offers her services as a healer and Africa accepts them. I know nothing of the positions and availabilities currently in the Throat, so I assume that all will work out well. I, myself, need to turn toward sharpening my skills as a spy. Right now I stand out like a sore thumb, a vulture in the sky, circling around a carcass down below. I do not have skills that I need or desire. I am a mound of useless flesh at the moment - handsome barring my wings, but useless. Though I might have before enjoyed moseying about as I will, now that I realize Africa is one of my queens.... Well that really changes things, and I can't imagine letting her down in such an obvious, public way. While Alija will be learning to heal those in the Throat, I will be learning to spy for them.

My thoughts are interrupted by the voice of my love speaking to me, and my attention quickly returns to her. Gently, she thanks me for.. well I assume it is for bringing in a new member for the herd. I smile back, pleased that I am able to do some small thing for her. She bats her eyelashes at me and my heart skips a beat. My flaxen tail lashes against my side reflexively, trying to wake me from the haze that I'm descending into. It works, for now, but I'm so susceptible to my love's charms, it won't take long before I am back in that foggy mind of the lovestruck.

Walk. Talk.
@[Alija]
hungry for life
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Sara95
ALIJA
The purple doe smiled silently basking in the love that was radiating around the three of them. She already felt welcome in this dry desert. Her lips were drawn up in a kind smile as she gazed past the couple towards her home, or so she hoped. There was still a chance the green cloaked leader would turn her away. A sliver of doubt tugged at her brain, maybe her odd pelt would not allow her to find a home in this land. Alija had no idea her potential leader was not as happy as she appeared, in fact the Africa seemed to be the happiest mare she had ever seen. She smiled along with Silk and Mistress Africa caught up in their joy just to be together. Maybe one day the mare would be so lucky to have such a devoted male in her life. She snorted inwardly doubting that would ever happen.

Steel orbs were drawn suddenly away from the land to rest on the strange bird flying down towards them. Starting she lifted her antlered head high white flashing around her eyes. It was the oddest thing she had ever seen, and it came to rest on Mistress Africa. The cloaked mare did not so much as bat an eye as it landed on her hid. Her stocky frame quivered unsure what to do. Her voice, which she tried to keep calm, fluttered from her purple lips, "I hate to be naive, but what kind of bird is that?" Blunt once again she waited muscles wound tight like a rubber band before being shot. Once the someone answered she relaxed once again

Her hopeful healer's sweet laugh drew her attention forward again. Dipping her head at the mare's humble response that was so strange for her. As her soft muzzle was extended towards her the doe extended her own satiny nose kindly accepting the friendly offer. Africa's scent was sweet as well as salty with the sweat this heat was bring on. Nostrils quivered for a moment as steel met gold. As they pulled about Alija followed the others her golden feather fluttering softly against the burning sand.

Africa's kind words wove through the air towards her pricked harks. Confusion flicked across her face at the mention of roost, 'What an odd word.' The mare had to fight to keep the look of disgust off her face, fairly certain she had succeeded, the doe forced a smile which quickly turned real. She could clearly see the mare's love, or at least desire, for the black leathery stallion and it lightened her heart. "Thank you Africa for allowing me to join your herd here in the Dragon's Throat." She dipped her head low the pendants clinking around softly.
"Speech 'Wonderings'
Words: 460
OOC: @[Africa] @[Satanic Silk]
Image CreditQuote Credit

Deceased

100%

Eyes widen in response to the other mare’s sudden start, but almost as quickly, her demeanour had again softened. Pastel gaze turned to find the source of Alija’s fear; but already the explanation had formed through her thoughts. Silas. The bird shifted across naked, scaly black legs and the long ornamental crest feathers draped down around his hunched shoulders, bristled; elaborate tail feathers flared with obnoxious indifference to their conversation. Nestling his small skull down against his collar, he settled to rest upon her with one sharp lilac eye trained instinctively to her kin- he never was too fond of the daylight hours.

"You needn’t fear him, Alija..." She chuckled light-heartedly, rolling her shoulders brazenly to prove his placidness. His breast rumbled objectionably and she laughed still a little longer at his expense. Returning the courtesy, the little Zephyr’s talons began to close around silk and skin, and Africa’s mischievous smile faded immediately. "He is Silas, and we are bonded," she explained further, nodding, and the vividly-hued mare began almost instantaneously to relax. Breaths were swapped tenderly and as the Unicorn mare expressed her gratitude, the dappled mare snuffled graciously.

The Starry-Eyed took the quiet moment that followed as an opportunity to look again to Silk and curiously, her long ears danced forward from their veil of twisting fire. "Did your chat with the Gallant go well?" She asked, cringing a little, unsure how her inadvertent poaching of Falls folk would have been received. During the time her leather-winged crush had been absent, Midas had come to establish friendship between the two regions; an offer of alliance which neither she, nor Sohalia had resisted. "...Come, we will show you the oasis," she added quickly, gesturing with a smile towards Alija, and stepping away towards the promise of cool refreshment.

image credits

Satanic Silk
The two mares exchange words over the presence of Silas, and I realize belatedly that not everyone has met him and not everyone knows what a roc is. I certainly didn't, when I first met the pair. Silas and I never really hit it off, but then, I had very abruptly challenged the personal bubble of his bonded, and he had never been quite sure of me since then. Of course, I'd like to patch up our relationship - to be with Africa is to be with Silas. Of course, he may not realize my long term intentions, but I hope that perhaps he will come to see that I'm not all bad, and that I've matured at least a little bit since we first made our acquaintance.

Africa tries to prove how simple and calm Silas is, and I notice that he doesn't take her joking as easily as some might have. I try to hide the smile that threatens to creep across my face. Nothing has changed about that bird. Alija seems to relax, as does Africa once Silas has relaxed his hold on her flesh. I'm jolted from the moment when I realize that the Sultana is speaking - to me. She asks how my meeting with the Gallant went. The who? At first my confusion is apparent on my face, and I hope that no one is paying attention enough to notice. (Though it would not be difficult to see.) After a moment I realize that I do know who she is talking about - only by a logical deduction. I just met with Midas - he must be the Gallant. I nod my head with an easy smile. He was sad to see me go, but all is well. He knows I am here to be with you. And gives us his blessing. I'm tempted to say those words, but perhaps now is not the time. I glance to Alija. No, now is not the time.

Africa takes my response in stride and moves us toward the oasis, offering Alija a tour of the land, I suppose? I'm not sure that's what I have in mind for a lovely afternoon, but if that's what she wants to do then I shall join her. I turn and follow the pretty dappled lady and bring up the rear behind the colorful one. 'Good afternoon ladies and gentleman, my name is Satanic Silk and I will be your guide today....'

Walk. Talk.

OOC: this is my last post for this thread <3
hungry for life
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread