the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Of The Night [Cera]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

Tired. She was so tired. Trembling limbs had tortured her, and her tattered back wasn't up to the challenge of tumbling forward. She would stay here for a while - allowing her bones to rest. Terror. She feels as though she had instilled terror in Sohalia and Africa's hearts. And that pained her as well. So, as her trembling limbs nearly gave out, she allowed her bodice to collapse at the edge of the water. Her two from limbs were dipped in the cool liquid as she rested her maw upon her knees. Her soul was tired.

Sickness. Heat stroke had taken its hold upon her rather tightly. Luckily, the heat was dying as the sun dropped down the horizon and the moon rose. And, so she had been offered a reprieve she couldn't be happier that her home away from home was still here. That her family was still alive and well - for the most part. But she needed to explain to them why she had become so silent - so recluse. It wasn't fair to them, it wasn't fair in the least. But the sickness would not last long.

Calm. Careful breaths curled against the liquids. They sent quiet trills through the water, creating ripples which could no longer be seen. Would Alleo be worried? How long had she been gone? How much longer would she be gone? She cared, she did, but she would not die on her trek back to the Falls. Alas, perhaps someone else would run across her - perhaps it would be someone whom she needed to extend her apologies to. But, until then, she would be calm and rest like she knew she should.

@[Cera]

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Something's wrong.

Cera shifted from where he was knelt reverently at the Sun God's shrine, eyes opening to reveal worried emerald irises. Frowning face turned to where Ilaria was sitting, tail flickering worriedly. Rocking backwards he scattered sand as forelegs lifted from their previous position, clay clinging to his skin from where he had knelt for such a prolonged amount of time. What is it? he queried, frown creasing his boyish features as he moved towards her. Ilaria turned and waited until her prince knelt before clambering up his mane and onto his cranium. Big crowd. Commotion near the oasis. Cera's frown deepened as his eyes fell upon exactly what she'd been speaking of. With one last prayer to his patron, he kicked his heels and let his legs eat up the sand beneath his hooves. Massive wings spread wide and heaved his light body into the air, a sparrow's speed assisting him on the warm winds as his worry mounted.

The crowd had dispersed, but a wingless form was traveling alone, and in the distance whomever it was could not be discerned from sight alone. They had so few in the desert without wings, who could it possibly be? Ryuu was the only one he was even aware of, but the body was too large to possibly be the tiny colt, and moving too fast for his injured hooves. Disgruntled, he pushed himself harder. He knew their soldiers would not have let in an unwanted guest or danger, but he was the Diviner. It was his duty to know as many civilians as possible, to advise his superiors, and he desired to know the newcomer's aims and motives. At least know their name.

It was the glow of a familiar marking that first started the trickling of recognition. Ilaria's sharp eyesight discerned it and she transferred the image to her bonded. "Rasta?" What was she doing in the Throat? And to see her slumped beside the Oasis...worry swelled in his breast for one of the only friends he had left in the world. Diving sharply, he ignored the sting and the ache of his bones as he hit the sand far harder than he should, running for her prone form. Ilaria leapt from his head to his shoulders for better stability, chittering worriedly. Cera slowed drastically, ensuring he didn't kick sand all over the poor mare, and huffed harshly as he dropped his nares to softly touch her golden skin.

"Rasta, are you alright? What are you doing here? Ilaria has magic, she can heal you if you are ill." Ilaria cooed softly in affirmation, the pair watching the mare worriedly. Why had she traveled, alone, all the way from the Falls to the Throat? Fear clutched his throat and sapped the air from his lungs, making his knees shake and heart feel weak. Was his father in danger?

If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, and I will hide you when it gets too much
I am Ceraaaa
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Weak. She was still weak. Worry lines creased her face as she shuffled her limbs to curl up in an easier position. The water lapping against her limbs did well with calming her mind, knowing she had to have sent her few friends into a panic. Weak and a horrible friend.

Explanations, she had come here to explain. But her voice was not as easy to come by as it once had been. Both being parched and not accustomed to using her vocal box as often as she had been trying to, it was attempting to give out on her as she was. Explanations would come though. She would force them out.

Swiveling. Her audits swiveled uncertainly at the sound of flapping wings. Being blind once more meant that she did not know who was supposed to be approaching her. Alas, as the frame hit the ground the familiar musculature and movement of Cera flashed through her recognition. And, as the words slid from his maw all Rasta could do was twist her maw to press against that which was ghosting across her skin. Her mind swiveling and reeling.

"C-cera," her voice almost croaked before she swallowed. Apparently she wouldn't be speaking that loud just yet. So, this time she allowed her words to fall at a whisper. "Cera, I'm fine. A physician already saw to me - it was for the best you were not there, I would not have wanted to worry you." she said, blind eyes searching to meet his gaze even though she knew it was impossible.

Cough. It was small, merely from the inhalation of the dust, though she knew that it would do little to ease the worries. "I had to see you all… I had to apologize, to explain," she whispered, dropping her head back down and not daring to stand. She would not allow herself to cough and to collapse. She would not scare him more.

Panic is attempting to slither into his chest cavity and place its roots there, but Ilaria soothes him all the while as he runs to the golden belle in the sand. There is nothing that cannot be fixed with magic and faith. Breathe. Cera took a deep breath at her command as his emerald gazers swept over Rasta's body for any sign of physical wounds. When there were none to be found, puzzlement was imbued into his emotions as he dropped his head to her level to ghost over her in a caress of concern. Sadness and understanding dropped like a pitfall in his stomach as she turned to try and face him, and looked slightly off to the side, echoing his name in a rasp from her parched and disused throat. Cera clenched his eyes shut and calmed the tempest of emotions trying to rise at this new discovery. Sometimes...sometimes the Gods set forth stipulations on their quests that he found barbaric, but Rasta had agreed to their terms of her own will. He could not disagree with what she had accepted herself.

A physician had already patched up whatever had harmed her, and while that was a comfort to the young Diviner, he regretted having not realized she'd arrived sooner. Though he trusted his herdmates implicitly, Rasta was one of the only souls he had left to love and hold close as family. He did not place his family's life and well-being on someone's shoulders well. He would rather do it himself if it were in his power. He laughed softly, a little strained, and turned to press his face into her cheek. "I will worry for you whether I am present or absent, Rasta. You should know that about me by now." It is said fondly, for he is aware that she knows him likely better than anyone aside from Ranjiri.

Coughing shook her frame, and Ilaria had to stamp down the worry and the sudden desperate desire to get that Physician and make them heal her all over again no matter how it may exhaust them. She was the rock to his racing river, keeping him grounded, and his appreciation flowing to her received only a lovingly amused feeling in return. "Apologize? Rasta, you have nothing to apologize for, least of all to me. What do you need to explain?" Frowning, he knelt down beside her, Ilaria burrowing between the two of them as he draped his neck over her withers, should she allow it.

If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, and I will hide you when it gets too much
I am Ceraaaa

Laughter. There was a strained laugh flitting through the air. But, it was the way he presses his face into her cheek that keeps her from becoming even more concerned with how she must look. "I know - I wouldn't want to worry you more, as it seems that's all I accomplished with Africa and Soh," a sigh, "It had been my fault I made it to the Throat in that condition anyway." Then, it was her broken laughter.

Apologies. He claims she has nothing to apologize for - but in her mind she does. She left them, unable to speak, afraid of being ostracized as she had already felt it even when she had a voice. But they had needed her most during that time. She had seen Sohalia collapse, break apart. And, Cera - he was a mess come the entrance back into the world above the caves and she couldn't say anything. But, it was his question of what she needed to explain that allowed her to let the knot in chest loosen just a little. His bodice kneeling down beside her and then his neck crossing over her withers as she leaned into him - welcoming his strength so she didn't have to stay laying upright in the waters. Apologies would come last.

Explain. Now she had to explain. "I'm sorry, so sorry that I left you all. I wasn't whole - I'm still not and I know I'll never be. But, I've accepted it. I didn't want to, for so long, but with the opportunity for another companion being given to me I had to take it. That bond you have with Ilaria - I used to have it. I was given a quest - to be mute until TallSun, but given the ability to see so I wasn't left completely defenseless. And, once I could-" her voice breaks, coughing from the disuse, "-talk again I was to speak with three who had lost, or almost lost one. So that I could understand the pain I was going to subject myself to should I lose this one, or almost lose it. I had to grieve during my mute time. And I'm so sorry you had to see me like that - to not know what was going on. I… I can't thank you enough for still being willing to shelter me," It was a broken mind speaking, she didn't know where to go, what to explain.

"I'm sorry I haven't been a better friend," lines of tears begin to slide down her maw. Silent, but there. "I needed to tell you that you weren't alone - that I'd be there whenever you needed me if you called upon me. And I wanted to give you the opportunity to know anything about me you needed to know - anything that would make up for my silence." her voice breaks before she takes in a short breath and allows her voice to speak up one more time, "Any question, I'll do my best to answer it,"

A soft sigh caressed the side of Rasta's face as Cera exhaled, smiling a little bitterly. "Don't punish yourself for worrying others. It's a symbol of our love for you." It was all he could try to construct to help ease her guilt, and while he didn't personally consider himself eloquent, he hoped at some point during this meeting he would be able to lay to rest whatever was eating at her brain. Ilaria lifted her tiny head to place it on Rasta's spine gently, purring softly in her throat to try and inspire peace and security in the mare's tremulous heart.

There was not much for them to say or do but listen as Rasta spoke, trailing on and on about what she supposedly had to apologize for and all the regrets she had since accepting the quest presented to her. Terror stabbed deep into his heart at the mere notion of losing Ilaria, and he grappled tightly to their bond, and she in turn as they clung to one another mentally. Ilaria had nearly lost him, and he her when d'Artagnan had nearly killed him. Neither desired to feel that ever again. They were all the other had, after all, and it had been Ilaria and Fina that had raised him and kept him company all his life. Cera would not have had the bravery that Rasta did. If he were ever to lose Ilaria, he would follow her into the afterlife, for no companion could ever replace her. He couldn't imagine the hole that must have been left in Rasta's soul, and so could not possibly judge her for a choice he couldn't fathom making from his point in life that moment.

He tightened his hold on her gently, keeping her close and taking on whatever weight she deigned to place upon him. It was the least he could do aside from avidly listening to all she needed to let out. When she began to cry and ebbed into silence, he hugged her tight and laughed softly, not mockingly but disbelieving. "I never once judged you for however you appeared to me, Rasta. Don't apologize for being mortal, for having emotions." It is said firmly, nearly fierce in how it is delivered, but it's a notion he is desperate for her to understand. "You have not been any sort of a terrible friend. I could not imagine you being a better friend, so cast that from your mind. Silence does not imply a lack of support or love. You have no apologies to make to me, Rasta. I never condemned you to warrant them." He smiles against her skin in his sincerity, hoping she can tell with how honest he speaks that he is in all intents truthful in his responses.

"There is much I may wish to know of you, Rasta. Do you have a mate, or foals? What is your favorite color? Do you like sweet grass or clover better? Rasta, my sister, you do not need to offer such a weighted question. What I know of you now? It is enough. I know your loyal heart and sincere ways. All I wish to know of you now, my friend, are the simple things." And he holds her close and smiles.

I am Ceraaaa

Love. Perhaps it was the truth of his love, the worry that he had. But she did not wish to be the cause of the kind of pacing panic which had taken ahold of the two mares she considered family. "I've never been worth it - enough to be the source of the worry," she whispers, eyes closing. Her thousands of years of being beaten, the scars on her spine, and the miscarriages. They had never worried, no matter how deadly a situation she was placed in. She'd learned long ago she wasn't worth it. She'd never deserved love.

Liar. That was what she was called in the heads of those who had heard her attempt to explain her life. Still, he couldn't know. No one believed her. She had become accustomed to such breaking. She had become accustomed to the dark pits that came with the abuse. She had accepted she would forever be a liar.

She shifted herself, allowing his hold to tighten. While she may not need his warmth after the bout of heat stroke she welcomed it willingly. Should it happen again, she would be under the wing of her friend - she wouldn't be alone. He says that he never had judged her, hugging her tightly as the tears slid and laughing a little - the tone too incredulous to ebb toward mocking. "It's weakness," she murmurs, taking a breath in, "I've never been allowed to be weak," But she stop speaking as soon as his voice lifts to the air again.

Smile. He smiles against her flesh, the gentle shift of his maw making it apparent to her mind as she continues to try and work through everything mulling around in her mind. The questions sliding from his maw were all simple ones - none about the terrors she had lived like she had expected. For none truly cared about what she liked, no they just wanted to know what they had to deal with. Because that's all she was, something they had to mess with and throw off to the side because she was too broken. The smile still lingers against her spine.

"Mate - I've had a few… all abusive. No foals have survived, miscarriages from my nearly broken back which is too far gone to be fixed. I hope I'll be able to have at least one here - maybe with Alleo should he be willing. As for now, I love him, and he I - so while I may not understand why he thinks I deserve it I will do my best not to ruin it," she speaks as though a wrong action, a slip-up will shatter the relationship. But she'd already had one, one that had almost killed him and he still loved her. It was a form of habit, "I suppose reds, oranges. For they reminded me most of my red tailed hawk - and sweet grass." Broken frame, not just in soul, but in her physical manners presses up tighter to his flesh. "No one's wanted to know these things… they've just wanted to know what they had to deal with…" eyes squeeze shut as she tries to force back the tears, "I don't know why I deserve this when I've always been worthless,"

Anger threatens to kill his smile at the idea that someone, somewhere, had ever dared to call Rasta worthless. His voice is imbued with passion and ferocity when he speaks, Ilaria the only reminder that she may take his anger wrong as the words flow freely. "You are worth it and more, Rasta. Those who told you that you are not, or ever made you feel otherwise, are the worthless ones. Maybe you will never believe me, maybe it is too buried into your subconscious to ever find truth in my words, but Sohalia, and Africa, and myself...we would worry and panic a thousand times over for you. You are worth more than you believe. Would you not do the same for me?" He feared, and suspected, that she would never be able to grasp onto those words and believe them. But he had to try. He had to. He could not let her fall from grace with burning wings that evil souls had sparked alight, not when he could try to impede her fall with the buoy of his love and sincerity.

A soft sigh of regret escapes him, for if he had only met her earlier, if she had only been born in Helovia instead...maybe she would not be so defeated, so broken by the evils of the world. Maybe she would have more hope for the light. It had taken him a long time to find that light, and he prayed to the lord of the sun that he could lead her faithfully into its embrace. "It is not weakness to feel, sister. I have seen my father fight out of fear and love for me when I lay dying. I have felt the effects of magic driven by a herdmate who loved me and was afraid of it being too late. It is our love and loyalty to our homes that allow us to win our invasions. It is grief that drives us to grow stronger, to avenge. Emotions are not weakness, Rasta. They are a fact of life that nobody is exempt from. They are wonderful and painful all at once, but they are only a weakness if you convince yourself that they are." He recalls the latter portion of her objection, and shakes his head and baffled amusement against her shoulder.

"You are allowed to be weak, Rasta. Maybe not in the past. But that is what friends and family are for. Now, with me and Sohalia and Africa and everyone else...you can lean on us now. You don't have to be strong. I leaned on you when I was weak, and you on I in the caves. It is okay to be weak, Rasta, when you have others who will take the weight from your shoulders." His words drop to a murmur, whispering the words like secrets into her ears to give her strength and lend her hope.

"As for Alleo...do not fear ruination on your part. A relationship based on fear of it falling apart...it is not a relationship. Let yourself love him, and embrace everything that comes along with it. You will find yourself ten times happier." Cera had never truly been in love, not romantically, but he had watched many relationships thrive and die in different ways. It was all he could give her. He was no expert on love. He only hoped he hadn't said the wrong thing. Rasta certainly didn't need that right then.

Soft lips wipe away errant tears, tasting in them the desire for freedom, for the comfort she feels is not within her reach though he offers it to her so eagerly. "Rasta, you are not something I must deal with. You are my sister and my friend, a companion of worth to be treasured. I wish to know your habits, your likes and dislikes, your dreams and desires. I do not wish to know what you find broken or lacking in yourself, because maybe if you tell me all the things unique and beautiful about yourself, you'll start to see them more than the darkness you think exists within you." Tenderly he draws the tears from her cheeks, lets them lay upon his lips and stain them with the memory of this encounter, a promise as they dry forming; he will spend all his days with her in simplicity, in happiness, for it is all that she deserves and more. He will relay to her all the stars in the sky, and muse over why clay is only in certain places, and whisper to her how cute that little mare over there is and should he talk to her? He'll braid her tresses and kiss her cheeks to surprise her, he'll make up nicknames and stretch his voice into noises he's never made to make her smile. She was worth it. If he could pull every star from the sky and weave it into her mane, he would do so immediately.

"My favorite color is pink. Midas raised me beneath a magnolia tree, and it would always have the brightest pink and white buds. My fondest memories were made beneath that tree." He finds it only fitting to tell her his own answers as well, to drive into her mind that he really wants to share these simple pieces of knowledge with her. "I personally prefer clover. And I've never been in love. Though...it's the one thing I have always wanted." He is careful to keep the wanting out of his voice, for he is raising her up slowly, and he will not let her down because of his own desires unfulfilled. "What is your favorite season? Do you like to swim or wade? Would you like Ilaria to braid your hair? I'm tempted to have her braid mine, do you think I'd look good with it?" He hummed softly in his throat, trying to come up with more questions, though he was finding a multitude of them blocking the singulars from becoming apparent. "Do you like the night or the day? What is something you really want to do someday?"

No matter how much time he has to spend with her on that lakeside, he will never regret letting it tick away with questions others may deign meaningless. People so often forgot how the tiniest of things could be most treasured by someone consumed by pain.

I am Ceraaaa

Worth. Perhaps worthless. He says she is worthy. He says all of these things, but she doesn't know anymore. It hurts her brain, to think that she could be special enough to have garnered all of the care from those around her. Because for so long she'd wanted to hide - to be invisible, and here she was with those who craved to see her, to be near her. "You all… you're worth more than the colours of the world," she whispers, choking on her words a little as she tried to press her face to his chest, uncertain how he still believed she was worth that much. They were worth everything. She was worth nothing.

Sighs. It is the sigh which has her audits lift, blind eyes once again searching for the gaze she cannot meet. She almost flinches, having to hold herself back - body tensing up a little (should he pay enough attention he would notice) bracing herself to be hit for the stupidity which had to be flowing from her mouth. But the hit does not come and she slowly relaxes as more words fall from his lips. She does not offer words, for the few emotions she has been offered had been filled with nothing but anger, jealousy, rage. She knows he won't approve of them, and so she does not speak, only waiting for the next words.

Allowance. She was allowed to be weak. The same thoughts from when he had come at the Falls. His words soft, though they hadn't been meaning to be degrading it was all she could do to try and push them from her mind. I'm not worth this kindness. I don't deserve it… she's crying to herself as she relishes the feeling of his breath tickling her ears. And then advice. To not worry, to just be in the moment. "It's instinct," she whispers, "I've been told time and time again I'm the reason why everything failed - why I've been hit, why they've attacked me. If you dealt with something such as that for thousands of years you wouldn't be confident. I- I don't know how anymore" she murmured, the tears starting again. She was allowed to be weak.

Soft. Sweet care is pressed against her cheeks, wiping away the tears from her shattered soul. He tries to reassure her, and as she clings onto his words like a leech does to a limb she cannot yet see the light he so speaks of. Her breath catches in her throat for a few moments until the words can fall again, "There is nothing unique or beautiful. I'm meant to be invisible, obedient, that is all…" she chokes out - having fallen much deeper than she had ever been in these thoughts. She had been drowning in them while mute, struggling to stay afloat - to not stab herself with some sharp rock and finally be free from the world. It had been Alleo who had kept her from diving off the deep end, but it had been the loss and acceptance of her hawk's death which had put her there. Yet he continues the soft caresses. Not once does he snap out at her, to attempt press to roughly. All of his touches are ghostings, reminding her that she would not be injured while under his wings. Just like he had said in the caves, that he would keep her safe until the last breath he could breathe. Soft, sweet, and she was so undeserving.

Favorites, he rattles off his own, explaining them himself. "You will find someone - someone who deserves you as much as you deserve them," she offers about the love portion. She knows that there will be someone for him, there has to be if there was someone was for her. "Spring, the chattering of the birds and the lush grasses…" a pause as her body is racked with a cough, voice getting hoarser the more that she spoke, but unwilling to stop because she was finally with another of her family whom she could speak with. "Wade, if in the water at all… I don't trust it… I can't feel it well enough to know if it's perfectly safe," she murmurs breathing in his scent for a few moments in an attempt to rest her voice. "She can, though I can't say I deserve the ornamentation. There is a clip she can use if you'd really like. And I'm sure you'd look lovely. She could even add flowers and you'd have a crown," she whispered, listening to the hum which emerged from his throat as she pressed up against his shoulder and listened to the beat of his heart. "Night - I am safer then, as I am used to the darkness others aren't. And.. I suppose… actually have a family of my own," Sadness falls onto the end of her words. At least 6 miscarriages, too many abusive relationships to keep track of. So many rapes. It was all that she had been forced through. She wanted that family, to feel love. And she had tricked herself into believing that those stags had cared - to fulfill the illusion so she could keep living. But now, that she had, she was only broken even more…

Soft face is pressed to a slim chest, and he holds her there in a darkness she cannot create for herself in a desire for comfort like most others. If it is his touch that calms and soothes her, he will never remove it from her list of havens to run to when the storm weathers her soul too rough and jagged and cuts into her canvas like a vengeful assassin. There is nothing for him to reply to her with, as he holds her close to his heart, hoping she will gentle at the sound. Her mind is not an open book to him, even if her face were not hidden he likely would not have discerned the degrading thoughts slipping like slimy eels through her mind.

Her tension hurts him, and he nuzzles her slowly to reassure her that it is not through any action of her own that he is sighing. When he speaks she seems to slowly come to that realization, of which he is grateful. It is painful to think that she could ever be frightened of him. Even more frightening to imagine he could ever be so angry to inspire such an emotion permanently. His suspicions confirmed, he is careful not to sigh a second time as he breathes gently onto her cheek. "I know, Rasta. And it will take a long, long time for you to overcome that instinct. But know that I am not upset by that waiting time, sister. I will be here, always, to help you burn away those memories that keep you from the happiness you deserve. I will do all I can to help you see the light that draws so many to you." It is perhaps more simplistic than his previous spiels, but there is nothing more truthful that he can conjure up for her ears.

Shaking his head in soft denial, Ilaria snuggled closer to the golden girl and hummed in her throaty way. "You are meant to be what you wish to be, sister. Do not construct yourself around the whims of others. They have told you to be obedient, to be invisible. But they cannot touch you anymore. Spit on their memory and be what you want to be. If you do not want to be obedient, then don't. It is not easy...but like I said, I will be here, always." Would she ever be free of the ropes placed around her by others? Even with so many others aside from himself trying their hardest to saw through those bindings?

Her reassurance makes him laugh, soft and a tad dismissive. "I have much in my life already, Rasta. My Diviner duties, my sister returning from the shadows with a colt at her side, the wall to build...I do not have time to meet anyone whom I can fall into love with. And I'm not too special, all I have going for me is a good ear and some sincere words," he laughs, keeping the mood light despite how the truth resounds within the words slipping off his tongue. What he didn't truly reveal was the doubt that poisoned him from the inside. He wasn't worthy of love, and that fear was something he and Rasta shared. He wouldn't let her know of such things and bring up bad memories. Rasta's voice is rough but just as soft as he recalls before her quest was assigned, and at the allowance Ilaria gently places her paws upon the dame and begins to braid her mane with dextrous paws.

Cera's thin form shook with a laugh and he smiled into Rasta's shoulder. "I might just have to ask her to do my own after yours, then. Though I'm certainly not deserving of a crown, silly girl, even if it is made out of flowers." He likely would never rise above the rank he claimed currently, and he was rather okay with that. It suited him well. Internally he sighs when her voice drops. "Rasta, you will have your family. Even if your body does not agree, the Gods are favorable, and I will do all I can to aid you if it means they grant you the gift of a successful pregnancy." Maybe it's a bit of an abuse of his rank to say such a thing, but he would sleep night and day at the Veins, praying endlessly until he was granted an audience.

"Do you like to sing? What would you want your foal to be, a colt or a filly? Do you like songbirds or find them annoying?" He would ask a million questions, senseless though they may be, if it took her mind off all that had harmed her in the thousands of years she had apparently lived.

I am Ceraaaa

Sweetness. At the strike of her tension he is nuzzling her. He goes against what she expects. Offering silence instead of screams, gentle touches instead of nips and kicks. It was the same as with Alleo - both had never gone to hurt her, and still she couldn't help but to freeze up and brace for the punishment she no doubt assumed would have come. Would they stay sweet, though?

Heaven. Had she stumbled into a heaven? She may have had part of her soul broken upon entering, and she may have had her immortality stripped from her but those she had met so far… they were different. Not one had tried to abuse her, not one had taken advantage of her. They had all been kind, understanding and she didn't understand why. "Are you angels?" she whispers after he speaks of trying to burn away her memories - not caring how long it took. It made sense, they all had wings and none had been granted such a gift in all her years in her old land. Her voice and mind are weak from the heat, regardless of the healing. Tiny figments of delusions do manage to seep in as she fights with the knowledge that she could pass out again. Maybe she had found her heaven on earth.

Desires. She could be whatever she desired according to Cera. That she didn't have to be what others had said she was. She struggled, closing her eyes and taking in a few deep breaths. There are no words that can be formed to explaining the spinning thoughts of confusion which are looping through her mind. However, as he speaks of the Diviner duties her audits perk up again. It seemed as though all those she cared for had made it. They had all risen to the places of power they deserved. "It seems that the darkness has brought far more light into the Throat than before," she whispers. Her frame shifting a little as the red panda shuffles around in order to begin the process of braiding her mane. She doubted her desires would be filled though.

Disbelief. There was nothing but disbelief at the thought that he would do all he could to grant her a family, A few more tears slipping from her orbs, "I've been granted far more than other's may have gotten with another companion and my broken soul. I doubt I will be granted much more," she explains before more questions were tossed her way. "I used to sing, to fall asleep - not sure if I can anymore. And, a colt. Maybe then there will be one less mare to get hurt..." a quiet breath in as she allows her mind to switch to the songbirds. "I like them, they remind me I'm not completely alone..." even though it may feel like I am most of the time.

It's saddening in a million ways when she speaks, to know she thinks of them angels when they are merely decent souls. It was clear she had not seen nearly as much kindness in her long life as she deserved. Cera had several lifetimes to span in order to make it up to her, but it didn't mean he'd give up trying to show her that the world was so much more than the bubble of fear she'd built around herself. "No, my friend. We are not angels. We merely are aware of them when we see them, and treat them as carefully as we can." He shifts it around to compliment her, tone sincere and sweet. She was selfless and loving, and deserved every kind word and flattering compliment available in their language. Cera didn't claim to be a master of the art of language, he may be eloquent but he was no creator of divine phrases and breathtaking sonnets of devotion. Even so he would weave words around her until it became a bandage, healing the wounds so many careless hands had left upon her skin.

As Ilaria braids her hair with gentle paws, tail flicking in a soothing repetitive manner over a golden shoulder, Cera recalls that he had never told Rasta of his new position. Laughing softly he hugs her closer, shifting his wing to better conceal her from the sun. "I'm honored that you think so highly of me, sister. It is a position I never anticipated, but one I thoroughly enjoy." Though he is mildly displeased at having become the focus of attention once more, he will not allow her sweetness to go unthanked.

Cera frowned to see her tears return, brushing his lips across them gently to wipe them away from existence as they fall from blind eyes. "Blessed or not, I will do all I can to grant your wish. What is but one foal to make someone happy in the immortal lifetime of a God? If required, I will take it upon my own record of collected favors." He would rather she be given a foal in good health than one extra possibility of magic or supremacy. Would gladly forfeit such a thing in fact if it brought to her the joy he suspected it would.

"And perhaps one more stallion to be raised to treat them right," he said softly, trying to put a positive spin on the darkness of her thoughts. "You are never truly alone, even when you travel in solitude. All you need do is call, and I will come to you. Africa, Sohalia, Alleo. That is four already, and I know there are more. The birds need not be your only comfort." Her heat seems to resonate from her body, and he frowns down at her in concern. Why is she still so overheated? Cera's presence could partially be the reason of course. "Rasta, would you like to move further into the water? Perhaps a drink? You are dreadfully warm, and your body is not used to our climate." Worry erases any potential questions he could ask her as Ilaria finishes braiding her mane, taking the clip and fumbling with it momentarily before securing it near her nape. Glinting prettily in the sun.

And they said you were the crooked kind, and that you'd never have any worth, but you were always gold to me
I am Ceraaaa

Delusions. Delicate disasters and darkening distances. Degraded minds couldn't deal with the images that dashed across their visions. He declares that she is the angel and her drowsy eyes droop just a little, a meek smile upon her lips. "I have no wings, darling," she murmurs - her breathing slowly speeding up from the heat which doused her frame - each of her cells desperate for the oxygen that was slowly depleting from the dry air. A delusional mind could not work well…

Consistency. The calming nature of the paws as she caressed her hair and coaxed it into a braid. However, consciousness takes in the care with which Cera lifted his wing to cover her and hide her weakening frame from the heat that came with the setting sun. He speaks of honour and of happiness, and it clears away the concern which may have been flicking through her soul. "I am glad," she whispers, voice dropping lower as she shifts to topics of pain and tears begin to fall. "I could never ask you to do that…" her voice cracks in a painful way and she curls up tighter, pausing before she speaks for a moment to answer the rest of his questions. Yet the consistent swish of Ilaira's tail is more than a comfort.

Flipped. He flips the future that flutters before her eyes. And then, he says that she is not alone. Figments of ideas flicker through her skull. Fragments of broken times when she had called out and no one had come to her fractured body. False professions of love. Nothing had been fair and she'd learned to accept it. Quiet whispers of thoughts sound even frailer than she feels. "I don't think that's physically possible." And thoughts flipped back to her.

Sickness. Sharp breaths now as the sweat seemed to stop. There was no reprieve from the heat yet, and so her sweat glands were beginning to shut down once more. She hears the sound of the clip as it snaps into place and then the sweet sound of his voice as he starts to panic. Her muscles tremble at the simple thought of her body becoming encased in the liquid. Her eyes squeeze shut as she takes in a few more gulps of air and then allows her voice to slide out once more, "I don't wanna drown… please…" It's a broken plea, from the years of raging waters and the uncertainty of her movements when inside the liquid. Too many times she had been pulled down and carried away - too many times she'd accidentally slipped and barely been able to get back up. She didn't trust the water again - she wasn't sure she could. And, as she lay there, body trembling ferociously, she knew that she needed to get into it. She couldn't let the sickness take her again.

Cera
love is not a victory march; it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

Whether it's weak or not, it lifts the burden on Cera's heart to see her smile. He wishes he could lift the curl of her lips more frequently, and though he won't cease trying, he still desired to have the ability to make her sincerely smile. She deserved the freedom that came with such a simplistic action, one so many took for granted. One Cera replicated in that moment as he hugged her close, laughing softly against her skin. "You don't need wings to be an angel, Rasta. There are angels on earth, remember? You are surely on earth, and most definitely an angel." There is a sincerity and a stubbornness in Cera's voice, because she will never convince him that she is not in some way an angel. Nobody ever will. She is too pure and kind to be anything else, and he would treat her as one for every moment of his life.

Panting breaths cause worry to crease his brow, but he does not let her see such a concerned expression painting his features. It would only hurt her more to know she was worrying him, if the prior points of their conversation were anything to go by. Ilaria cooes at her, trying to comfort her in the only way she could. There are no words for her to share with Rasta, but her eyes are soulful and caring, concerned for the mare just as strongly as her bonded. In the quiet of the oasis, of which Cera is thankful for it is generally quite crowded, Rasta gives a sob of a laugh and speaks. "You need not ever ask me, Rasta. I would, and will, do so of my own volition. You are too kind to ever ask, and I will never await it of you." Whether or not Rasta desired his kindness he would extend it to her, for she had always done so for him. Cera would repay her in the grandest of way, for she was more deserving of it than he could ever be.

"I will find a way, sister. Perhaps I cannot hear your voice over the distances, but I will ensure your cry never goes unheard. It will take time...but I will do whatever it takes." Maybe he could ask the Gods for an item for the two of them to share, of which she could beckon him with? The magic did not exist in his body to create such a thing, and willpower only went so far. If he had the ability to hear her cries from any distance he would use it, but he was at the mercy of believability until some sort of magic was gifted upon the pair. But he did have something he could give her, no matter how small.

"Hold still for a second," he whispered. Closing his eyes he reached into the sands for the metals that lay scattered below, drawing them up and into position, molding them together even as it sapped at his reserves with every moment he took perfecting the item. Cera could have left it in the vaguest of shapes but he refused to give such a shoddy item to the angelic mare, and instead spent his energy detailing every piece he could hope to. It was small, but it was beautiful, and when it was done it gleamed a subdued silver. Nickel was one of the more common metals, and he had shaped the tiara out of it for Rasta.

It was a bird, a hawk to be precise, with a small band to go round her ears and holes in the band for whatever she wished to loop through it. The bird had wings outstretched, and would spread across her forehead from wingtip to wingtip, base of each ear where they would touch. Lifting it with careful lips he settled it upon her head, securing it as gently as he could around her ears before lifting himself away with a smile. "I know you might object to it, but I want you to have this. It's a hawk, and you can put anything you want in the band. I may not have a way to call me, but I can give you something to remember me by if you ever feel lonely." It was the best Cera could offer in that moment.

Her fear trembled through him and he calmed his own panic in order to help her, hugging her to his frame as tightly as he dared. "I will never let you drown, Rasta. We won't even go past your knees, I promise. And you can lay down, it will be very shallow, and I'll be right there okay? But you need to cool down." As gently as he could he began to move, pushing and grasping at her with his own body to help lift her from the sand and support as much of her weight as he could, urging her with gentle crooning words towards the water.

Image Credit

Angelic. He was so sweet. Forever assuring her that she was one, regardless of what she dared to think. It didn't matter, though, for he was the angel to her - just as Africa, Soh, and Alleo were. It is his soft laugh which keeps her calm, and the feeling of his downy feathers against her hide which leave the thoughts of distress far gone. Angelic in nature is the young boy with wings.

Comfort. Sweet coos escape the companion's mouth as she attempts to offer forms of comfort to the mare who cannot quite breathe in enough oxygen yet. Her form is weakening as she lays there, but she tries her hardest to keep it from showing. She does not wish to worry the two next to her - so she doesn't allow most of it to show. He says she does not need to ask for him to use one of his favors for her own child and she can only close her eyes. He cares too much for a mare far past the ability to heal completely. She had accepted her broken bones and weak body - and knew that her mind was about all she had left, no matter how… uncertain it may seem at times. Sill… he tried to comfort her.

Stillness. He asks her to hold still. Whispered words, no where near commanding, but she listens. Gently, she presses her head against his shoulder, eyes falling shut as she concentrated on evening out her breathing. She does not tell him, that he tries too hard to make sure she is okay. She does not fight with his ideas, she simply lays in the calm. However, when he positions a crown upon her head, she shifts her weight and lets out a small wheeze meant to be a 'no'. But, before she can says he doesn't deserve it, he explains just what he gave her. A quiet blink of her eyes as her uneven breathing reemerges again, words coming out in a bit more of an awkward manner than before, "I don't deserve adornments," she whispered. Yes, she had been a queen once -a leader, but she was not now. There was no reason for it. Her delicate mind concentrates on the ground for a few moments before her blind eyes gaze back up toward him -dead, unable to focus, but in his direction. "Thank you…" she knew to be polite, but the itching of a punishment still lurked in the back edges of her skull. Stillness, it went away.

Trembling. Her body is trembling, too weak to hold itself together after the spasms and dehydration from earlier. And, when coupled with the fear of drowning it doesn't know what else to do except tremble. It is his voice which pulls her back, though - at least mostly - from the images of the water rising up over her. The way it clawed at her, pulled her under, filled her lungs, her nostrils, her mouth. The sickening feeling of all of her senses going… away. He says he won't let her drown - says they won't go past her knees. But she can't be sure. Was this her punishment, for receiving something pretty? He said he'd be right there, that she could lay down once they were actually in it, and then he started to stand. Her body tried to mimic his, weak limbs trembling as she stubbornly stood - feeling it as her back cracked, emitting creaks and groans, all from the lack of having bent in such a fashion in a long time. She winces a little, used to it, fighting through the pain rather quickly before trudging forward, regardless of her trembling legs. Her head is high - afraid of the water reaching her nostrils, and her steps are uncertain. Her hooves reach out, one at time, and feel the ground in front of her before they actually place themselves down in the liquid that she is so afraid of. It is when the liquid gets to the top of her canon bone, though, that her hoof slips - unable to handle her weight from the trembling, uncertain motions when it would have been fine had she just walked normally. Her whole frame goes down, face first into the liquid and she can feel it as her world starts to collapse. Gods, don't let me drown, she pleads as she kicks out with her front legs, digging a deeper hole without realizing it but just managing to get her head above the water. Her lungs gasp for air as she snorts the liquid from the cavities in her face. Choked breaths can't emit words as she stands chest deep in the water on her front end, and barely hock deep on her hind end - all the sand having been kicked forward in her panic. The trembling doesn't stop.

Panic. She tries to turn around in one motion, not but seconds after and leap forward. The way her frame lurched, though, only caused her to fall again. The soft sand unable to support her limbs when her mind cannot make out the ground well enough due to the sloppy vibrations with the water. Her thrashing is coating her in the wild waters of her nightmare's and she just cannot get out. She wants to scream - but is afraid to open her mouth and as she pushes again it only shoves the sand farther back and drags her under again. I'm going to die… She goes to breath in and swallows water until her clambering hooves yank her upwards again and she is now, only fetlocks deep in the liquid. Her trembling frame collapses, soaking wet as she snorts more of the water out of her nostrils. Choked sobs escape her mouth as she keeps her maw above the demonic liquid. No words, no nothing, just pinned ears, a sloppy mane, and a mare trapped in the only nightmare that's ever had a true hold on her.