the Rift

In the event of an emergency landing...

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady
Gull
That’s definitely a cramp. Teeth gritted in pain, blue eyes slide backwards, surveying your left wing. You have been flying for hours now, and finally your body is beginning to protest. You try to appease your rapidly tightening limb by slipping into a glide, but it seems that your luck has run out. You are losing altitude dangerously; already the tallest treetops that were far below you five minutes ago are cropping up to your left and to your right. You need to land, and land fast.

You aim for the nearest clearing, praying that the wind doesn’t decide to toss you into a tree—after all, luck is a cruel Lady, and it seems that she’s never had any qualms about making you suffer. The last thought is bitter, and you are reminded of the place you have only just escaped. By this point, you should be long over the borders. But the question is, where are you now?

Your eyes narrow in concentration as you fall into a dive. Normally your landings are very tight—they have to be, when all you’ve ever had to practice on are narrow rocky cliffs—but the locked muscles in your wing worry you. You’re succumbing to their demands, but will they do your bidding one last time as you try to land? You hope so, because in about five seconds, you’re either going to land in this clearing or be dead.

The moment of truth has arrived. You force your wings up into an angle that will accommodate the tight circle required for alighting in this copse, and thank the fickle Lady! it works. Though your muscles are screaming in pain and your corkscrew is rather wobbly, you touch ground, spreading your feathers wide for balance. The adrenaline is sending a pleasant buzz to your brain, and for a moment, your wing is forgotten. You have only taken a few steps forward and a glance or two around, however, when it seizes up again. You curse and hold it to your side, babying it. It seems as if you’re going to be earthbound for the next leg of your journey.

Tags: @[Rostislav] (if you’re still interested), and open to any pegasi/equines. Please no unicorns unless you’re prepared to give Gull a teaching spar!

ALSO, since I want to get out of the threshold as soon as I can, there's no posting order c:
trouble just grew wings
code by Sevin || Image Credit
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte

A bone shatters, fall apart and hit the floor
If it doesn't thrill you it doesn't matter any more
</style>

The peahen is bitter as she picks her way through the sun dappled forest, her head bobbing up every time she stretches the skin near her left flank. The hybrid has been travelling for far longer than she ought to be -- meeting Oxy, finding the Falls, and then sparring with the unicorn the day after that -- but she is as dutiful as she is stubborn. As the newest member of the herd residing by the Falls, the ambitious maiden took it upon herself to swell the ranks of her herd, if only to rise in rank. Truth be told, she has no appreciation for herd life, at least not yet, and the only aspect of it that interests the bird is the prospect of gaining power. The vicious maiden has no desire to be considered as just an ordinary warrior, and she will not put up with being ordered around for long. Not that the drunkard has had a chance to do that; the color-stained maiden has kept herself busy without the aid of some Legatus to tell her what to do.

Flicking her feathers in a mixture of annoyance and boredom, the brightly-hued creature enters a small clearing. Her wound has begun to cry in protest, and the haughty vixen rolls her amber eyes at the sharp stab of pain. She wants to blame the grey stallion for her discomfort, but it is truly her fault for sustaining the injury. Just as it is also her fault for maintaining it. Aren't there healers for this sort of thing? Perhaps I should have made use of the resources that are attributed to my herd.

Her thoughts are interrupted as a sombre mass of feathers falls from the sky, and the vixen observes the scene in calculated interest. Although she is slightly concerned for the pegasus, she does not allow it show. Her amusement, however, is plain to see, and sarcasm leaks into her voice.

"Bravo, my friend. I can see that if I am ever in need of an instructor, you are surely the one to approach."

Dark eyes rake over his stirring form as she ruffles her feathers. She notices how he cradles one wing against his side, and deems it useless. He will not be going anywhere any time soon, and she certainly does not feel obliged to help him. Instead of offering her condolences, or perhaps even rushing to his aid, the malignant bird coos, "Just what were you trying to accomplish with that stunt? Certainly not impressing me, I hope." She stomps a hoof as if to showcase her disapproval, ripping at the dry grass that covers the ground. His performance was not all bad, however, and she does offer one small compliment for the tobiano.

"Well, it could have been worse." It really isn't much of a comment, now that the bird takes the time to consider it. She tries again, but this time with an introduction. "I am Bellona, of the Hidden Falls. Who might you be? If not a poor flier, then perhaps a weary traveller?"

The beautiful hybrid lowers her radiant crown in a graceful swoop, and she takes up a mouthful of the grass that she has torn. Her travels have left her famished, and her battle-weary body demands a reprieve before she resumes them.The hair around her head stirs as she raises it again. "Eat. It will help." It is more of a demand than it is a suggestion, and the maiden returns to the task of stripping the earth of its dry brown blanket.

"blah blah blah." @[Gull]

mac4creativePeople @ flickr.com

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
Rostislav
I'm not really sure why we keep wandering through the Threshold, but my bonded, Rostislav, insists that we patrol this area. Occasionally we find a soul, but I'm not sure any of them will follow us - if that's the goal. I'm getting more and more bored, but I still have a small bit of my earlier rabbit left, and I'm not ready to give it up. I look up to the stallion next to me and rub against his legs, accidentally getting blood on them.

Damaris rubs against me, and I smile, glancing down at her. Ahead of us I hear someone talking. The first thing I see... that peahen. I snort and feel already put out. Whatever this strange thing is, she is very disrespectful and I'm not thrilled about her.. existence. But here she is, and I see behind her someone.. different. A bluish dusty pegasus with creme mane and tail, grey and white wings. Better looking than the peahen, at least. I try to smother my displeasure, and approach the two of them, missing part of the conversation, but I hear enough to catch the name of the peahen.

Bellona, and.. Sir.. I try to be polite, perhaps different for a change. Damaris thwaps her tail against my leg, sensing that I'm working very hard to play nice. It's not that I'm mean, but I am usually more rude than nice. I bow my crown to the two of them.

Walk. Talk.
@[Gull], @[Bellona]

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady
Gull
“Bravo my friend. I can see that if I am ever in need of an instructor, you are surely the one to approach.” Enter the most beautiful creature you have ever seen. You flew away wanting different, and it looks like different is exactly what you got. As she walks—no, saunters—into the clearing, you get an appreciative eyeful of her vibrant coat and colorful wings. He-llo, stranger. A low nicker of appreciation rumbles in your throat. You remember flying through a rainbow once; this mare looks like that, but intensified times…oh, about a million. You’ve never seen anything like her, with all the reds and blues and greens, but then again, you’ve lived on a glorified rock in the middle of the ocean for most of your life, so really, what do you know?

But what fascinates you most about the mare, besides all the colors (and besides that perky little rump of hers), is that she is healthy. Hard muscle coils under smooth hair, skin spreads tightly over her belly without stretching over jutting ribs, and the light in her piercing eyes is far from flickering. In this place you have come to, are pegasi alive and well? Her glossy condition ignites a flame in your chest—not just of boyish lust, but of hope. The only pegasi you have ever known were sick and starving. Is this a place where things are different?

However, her cutting voice interrupts your thoughts, and you snap back to reality. She asks if you were trying to impress her, and a playful grin spreads across your face. Her sarcasm is not lost upon you, but you are used to abrasive females—starving on a rock didn’t always breed the best attitudes back at home. Sharp words didn’t mean they didn’t like you. “Oh no, lady,” you drawl, approaching her with a little swagger of your own in your step, “If I wanted to impress you…well, let’s just say that it wouldn’t be with my flying ability.” A raucous laugh erupts from your lips as you wink at her, snickering at your own innuendo.

You soon learn that her name is Bellona— “Bell-ooo-na,” you repeat, enjoying the way your lips smack on the sound—and then she tells you, no, commands you to eat. Bossy thing she is, isn’t she? But you won’t protest. You’ve never seen this much lush grass in your life, and you respond enthusiastically, yanking up bunches at a time. “By the way,” you interject between hearty mouthfuls, “the name’s Gull.” There are so many questions that you want to ask her (what is this place? are there more of us? how about after dinner you and I find ourselves someplace a little more…private?), but a single interruption changes it all.

You are halfway through your intimate meal with this exquisite she-thing when someone speaks. “Bellona, and…sir.” Your head snaps up, and all you see are horns, and they are pointed at you. It’s a pity about Bellona…my guess is that she’s not going to want much to do with you after she sees how you run at the stranger, bellowing.

OOC: so @[Bellona], feel free to reply with her reaction if you’d like, but I’m more than happy to do a follow-up thread with you after Gull and Rosti spar. I’m going to end it here so that I can get him changed to Outcast and request fighting stats, and then @[Rostislav], I’ll type up a spar in the battleground, set here.
trouble just grew wings
code by Sevin || Image Credit
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte

A bone shatters, fall apart and hit the floor
If it doesn't thrill you it doesn't matter any more
</style>

The Aztec smothers a cough as the dry grass catches in her throat, and the orange of her eyes glistens as she snaps her penetrative gaze on the tobiano. The vixen is accustomed to the lust that toys with the simple minds of stallions, but the pegasus' sensual remarks catch her completely off guard. She curtly spins her striped hindquarters away from him, and unfurls her wings to show off their size. As much as the warrior desires to teach the grullo a lesson with her teeth, she settles for reprimanding him with her words, instead.

"I would watch myself. Not all of those who wander these lands are equipped to deal with the likes of you." Her warning brims with as much as danger as it does riddles, and the hybrid bares her whites in a shadowed grin. She refers to her patience when she says this, but it will be of no surprise to her if the ash-painted stallion were to take it another way. Let the wounded boy decipher her words as he sees fit; the volatile bird is more than prepared to deliver the consequences that he will earn from it.

A pair of dazzling ears snap back at the sound of an approaching figure. Content with her threat, Bellona sweeps her green tail across her hocks as she turns to meet the stranger. She has to swallow back the bile that rises in her throat as her eyes scan over the unicorn's shaggy hide. The Legatus. What the hell is he doing here?

The peahen twists her taunting smile into a disgusted sneer, and she is interrupted by a booming caterwaul as a retort is about to fall from her lips. A charcoal and porcelain hide streaks past her, stunning the brash mare into silence. Her feathers fan out in surprise at the newcomer's bold assault, and satisfaction pierces her red breast as she watches the two brutes engage each other. The vibrant creature cannot help but allow a look of admiration to dawn upon her face. Perhaps she is wrong to label the grullo as a pathetic waste of feathers. He is, after all, reacting to the unicorn as the maiden yearns to react to him herself. It's really too bad. I wanted to be the one to shut him up. Nevertheless, the Aztec snorts her approval to the charging pegasus.

Cold, attentive eyes watch the two brawling beasts as they each seek to gain the upper hand in their battle. She studies the pair of them for a while, wanting to take in all of the information that she can. Although her antagonistic tones do not permeate the air, the maiden is silently spurring the ashen bird on. Her admiration for his actions has faded, but she still follows his movements with a keen interest. He showcases a bold spirit as he battles, and even though he is injured and lacking in horns to fend off his opponent with, his determination is plain to see. Even though she is unimpressed with his flying -- and even more so by his charm -- that is certainly not the case in regards to his nerve. There is a warrior somewhere hidden beneath the layers of bravado and recklessness that make up this stallion, and she yearns to see him unleash it. Perhaps one day, when their conversation can go uninterrupted, the beauty can help him see that.

Folding her wings in to fit neatly at her sides, the chieftess leaves the two stallions to their own devices, choosing to delve further into the sun-dappled woods that make up the Threshold.

"blah blah blah." @[Gull]
{Bellona is out! Can't wait to thread more, with either of you!}

mac4creativePeople @ flickr.com

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!