the Rift

Can't You Feel I'm Broken?

Adelis Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: Seven
Nevada
"Arvakl?" A shaky voice cries, just loud enough to attract the nearest critter's twitching ears. Her sister had abandon her, just ran and left her there without even looking back. What had she ever done to deserve that kind of pain? Bright blue eyes shifted around nervously in the cups of a low-held head, hot tears still building up enough energy to break past the wiggling dam that coats both eyes.

The malnourished fae continues slinking through the nameless forest, an occasional trip over her own feet being the fastest movement that she dares to make; Arvakl, please help me. the insecure mare prays in her head, a stiff breath finally allowing the warm liquid to begin rolling down her scarred face. Soft sobs linger around the female as her nerves finally get the best of her, her heart aching to a point of what she had long ago decided to call heart-break.

The forest is so thick and lonely, and she only wishes to see the soft pink wings peek out from behind a tree; only then would comfort be present again. That, or - the thin chain that is twined tight in her large antlers clicks against bone as if it knew she was hurting - daddy. His gentle voice and ever sorry eyes burn in the back of the buttermilk colored mare's mind.

They always seemed to ask for forgiveness, his eyes, even if he didn't say it; she knew that he did not like what mommy did to her. Only, she never expected the outcome that she had witnessed. The bloodshed was nothing fierce, but to see her limp body on the ground was terrifying enough.. only daddy's voice and impatience was even more terrifying.

Every kick, hit, bite, and stomp that she had ever encountered was only brought on by herself, but they were always forced on by mommy while daddy would watch; she's fairly sure he was crying most of the time that something like that would happen to her, but he wouldn't stop it, or mommy would hit him too. "D-daddy? Arv?!" Her quivering voice reached out, this time likely more audible than the last.

Far off to the right, the sun poured through the branches high above, creating what looked like the picture perfect meadow in sunlight; dust twinkled and glided around like little fairies while the small green leaves that hung off of the skinny branches rattled in the softest of warm Tallsun winds. Her eyes still dripped, but the delightful sight caused a hopeful smile to play across her velvet-soft lips; there is always a beam of sun to light the way, after all.

Staying quiet and - hopefully - unnoticed, the battered female made her way toward the spot of light, her pupils dilating as the darkness of the forest began to fade behind her. The grass looked warm and very inviting, the rustle of the tender leaves brushing together soothing her tired soul; here, in the center of this small clearing, the young mare found a spot to hide away from her mind.

Her dark legs folded under her creamy colored body, the creaks and pops of time on her fragile body being the only sound to lay her ears back at. A soft huff of air left her body as she rolled onto her bony side, stretching out her face to lay it against the warm blanket of grass; here the fae found peace.. here the fae found the red hue of the backside of her eyelids and another dam to stop the tears.

Tags: None
Ooc:: Welcome to the terrifying world of Helovia sweet Addie!
"I DISMEMBERED A MILLION FLOWER PETALS
AND YOU STILL DIDN'T LOVE ME."
- J.F.P.

Please tag me in all replies, ♥ 

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

The pair, pale bird and marbled silver unicorn, make their way out of the Basin today. Ever growing the white raven now flies above her once and a while, granting them both a feel for land and sky while they travel. They’re syncing quite nicely together, something Tangere would have never expected. Where she was born no one has bonded soul mates of any kind, species alike or not everything is ever changing and not to be mourned. She prefers the methods of her fellow Helovians much better, accepting the Gods here and all that trails behind isn’t turning out to be such a hard task for Tangere. When she first arrived she planned to be a wanderer, as she had always been, but then she met Illynx and was captivated by what the giant Sentinel protects beyond the frozen entrance to Aurora Basin.

Today she hoped to do the same from some unsuspecting unicorn stranger.

She walked along the well beaten path, wide like a common road – the populace of Helovia traveled very much and it showed amongst the backbones of the landscape. There are paths and roads everywhere, big ones, narrow ones, windy ones and forever ones; leading to any place you can imagine. Today Tangere traveled South, and then she will veer East through the hardwood forests and to the Threshold. She has not been there since demons strangled Helovia and spat her back out again. She’s decided to not let it bother her, that would be petty, she thinks.

She can hear the sea crashing on either side of her as she moves over the tundra grass and rooty gravel. She is soon passed the land-bridge connecting the cold North to the rest of the world. Her companion soars happily above her, tilting one blue eye down to her every so often to check his course. The trees hide the sun from her broken patterned pelt, dappled light beams dancing wildly across her silver and white patches. Amongst the trees is a nice place for her to be, quiet today.

She approaches the Threshold after a long couple hours or so of walking, her bird now clutching her withers as he does when he grows tired of flying and exploring. His bright eyes are still wide awake, it is apparent as he quirks his head from side to side, keeping constant vigil on the perimeter surrounding him and his partner. Tangere makes a last minute decision to skirt around the common entrance to the Thresh and instead go around and come in from the East. As she is moving stealthily through where the trees are thickest, Phrixus begins to flap his giant wings and bite at her stringy silk mane. “Ow, fucker,” She snaps at him emptily, “ What the hell?” Suddenly her eyes catch what he is tweaking about. There is an antlered horse curled up on a small patch of grass in the sun, as you sometimes see big cats doing. She seems, weathered, Tangere thinks. The white raven swoops off of the paint’s shoulder and onto the ground in front of the laying mare. The leaves crinkle loud enough to wake her, Tangere is pretty sure, so she does not approach too suddenly. “Are you alright, dear?” Phrixus returns to the single horned mare’s shoulders, watching the blue eyed girl quietly from his perch.

CARS CAREENING FROM THE CLOUDS
BRIDGES BURST AND TWIST AROUND..
AND WANTING SOMETHING WARM AND MOVING

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
A flaming set of wings flew overhead, sharp predator eyes narrowed as this she avian circled past various creatures that lurked in the undergrowth. Most catchable critters fled as soon as they caught sight of her wildfire appendages or tempting shadow – others (mostly of equine origin) merely glanced up; some would gasp in surprise while young skittish mares and their offspring shied away from the mythical sun child. She was confident in her flight, controlling the skies as gracefully as any beast of prey.

Effortlessly claiming heaven as bold birthright.

It was from this elevated position that those sharp eyes caught sight of one particular equine with a bony build. The horned one had been crying out, her voice stretching toward the sky in vain attempt to find whatever salvation she felt could be provided. This same milky colored girl folded herself into a bed of grass minutes later, Fina circled above as a silent spectator.

Images of this little lass came filtering through my connection with Fina. But by the time I arrived, my companion had already flown past the spot that said girl had buckled down into a makeshift bed. I broke through the treeline at a slow walk moments later – figuring that either the buckskin would still be around, or else she wouldn’t. I’d barely made it halfway from the timberline when two strangers came into view. One was either asleep or else dead and the other appeared to be standing by. I spared the painted girl a small smile and respectful nod. Patched limbs paused their movements while a soft but encouraging nicker sprang free, “Long days and pleasant nights to ye.” Even at this distance I could tell that one of those two where basin folk.

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Hidden Account
Nevada
The world all around the battered mare was warm and inviting; the sun peeked out from the branches high above to dance in streams of yellow onto the grassy earth. Behind closed eyes the young female day dreams: vivid paintings of her beautifully-feathered sister and her cruel antics, of the world around her and what she may too encounter before they may find each other again. And though she is settled and nearly calmed, an aggressive voice startles her again all at once - "What the hell?"

'Maybe they won't see me.' the sleepy doll prays, her sides beginning to heave a little more quickly than they had before as her heart begins to drum. The soft hoosh of air below a wing and the crinkle of foliage beneath feet causes her shocking blue eyes to peel open at once. Darkly accented ears tip forward and the fae lifts her antlered head off of the ground swiftly, meeting the matching eyes of the white bird.

"Are you alright, dear?" the once aggressive voice asks from behind, and the bird jumps from the ground before Adelis can let out a soft whine of fear. His long white wings fold with such ease, bringing him back to the withers of a blue-hued mare with white blotches diluting the color. Adelis' eyes search the mare frantically, words unable to form in her tight throat in fear of bursting into tears; this is when another body begins to come into view.

Another Paint, this one laid with massive wings, was moving toward the pair slowly, a thick collar wrapping around elegant shoulders. He stopped a comfortable distance away, watching with eyes that the doll couldn't find in the dark shrouds of the overlying trees. A warmth radiated off of the stallion as he spoke in a tongue that the fae is so unfamiliar with: "Long days and pleasant nights to ye."

Silence still gripped the scared mare's hoarse throat, her body still rolled up on the ground with her dished face craned over her side to watch the two strangers. Cyan eyes blinked quickly, dark nostrils fluttering as softly as a butterfly's wings with each quiet breath. 'Is it my turn to speak?' her conscience finally whispered, a small amount of saliva sliding down her throat as if encouraging her that her voice wouldn't break and it was now her turn.

"Hi." She whispered, finally able to let the word out without trembling or breaking into tears once more. The silence that had lingered between the three lasted for nearly an entire ten seconds, but to the weathered mare, it had seemed to last an eternity. The thought of jumping up to long, gangly legs passed through her mind with a quick denial, as she could feel them shaking under her body already.

Tags: @[Tangere] and @[Midas]
Ooc: Sorry for the late response! :( Let me know if you don't like tags.
- J.F.P.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
The half dead soul jerked to life, twisting her adorned skull this way and that. Shock evident by the spread of her wide eyes. Even at this distance I could nearly taste the fear of us spreading upwind. Raw and undiluted distrust, ‘best stay high,’ I cautioned Fina, whom was currently flying in closer for a better look at the crumbled creature laying up top a bed of grass. No reason frightening a strange mare further than she already was. I stepped from the thicket when the buckskin lass spoke up, she was trembling, staring between two strangers as if we might suddenly sprout fangs and eat from her carcass. My bonded climbed higher and circled, keeping watch for danger and the possibility of brunch.

Ears perked higher and mouth curled into a compassionate and paternal grin, “Be easy friend,” tone soothed, limbs paced slowly forward – easing into the meadow with careful steps and watchful eyes, “I mean ye no harm. Tis a promise I make.” A promise, aye, and this warrior truly meant it. Though what mattered more than words was if they were actually believed. Upon closer investigation it was easy to tell that the stranger was malnourished or rather very leanly built. Hard to tell with those muscles and limbs all curled up – “Is ye well?” Perhaps it was a silly question to ask; tis physically apparent that she wasn’t doing spectacular. Steps halted a few paces from their position, I didn’t want to crowd the distressed female or her basin companion.

Image Credits

Tangere remained silent and observant, her weird bird as well. Both have their heads tilted to the side, eyes wandering from the painted healer to the antlered sick one. The trees whistled gently, seeming to hum at the trio of horses huddled in a small spot of sunlight. This stallion smelled of misty waters and mossy stone; he smelled like a paradise she’s never encountered. She watches him carefully, a habitual half-lit smile adorning her pink mottled lips just to appear friendly enough to not shun from the group. Phrixus begins to fidget, clawing into her withers causing her to snap at him like an irritating pest. “Stop.” She mentally mutters to the bird, but her mind receives only silence from his end. She says hello, weakly and Tangere nods politely. Before she can purr a name from her throat the stallion is speaking gingerly to her in his unique manner that he has. She watches the exchange of eyes and words and nothing really happens after that. His question hangs, but the antlered miss appears to have an elusive and/or traumatized thought process at the moment.

The silver unicorn takes this fleeting moment to observe her fellow Threshold collector, eyes him from side to side as subtly as she can without appearing too kooky. He wears armor? Or an amulet? She cannot get a solid look at the piece hanging around his neck. He’s shorter technically, but his wings expand his size tenfold. His eyes are like burning embers of gold, and his wings decorated with the same paint at the tips of their thickly feathered tissue and bone. She snaps her attentions back to the girl curled at their feet, “You don’t want to be laying down in these woods alone for too long, babe.” She lets her silver and white spackled face down toward the mares, tilting her ringlet horn away from the mare’s face (and her own horns). “Shall we help you to your feet? I think it would be best…if we got you up..” She slips a glance to Midas, perhaps he would concur with her thoughts on the matter.

Hidden Account
Nevada
Her throat, dry and tight, feels like it could shatter into a thousands small pieces before she gets the next word out. The painted stallion with massive, golden touched wings paces toward her with a gentle tone, referring to her as "friend." Unnaturally blue eyes become hot with tears once more, the stallion still moving forward in the least threatening motion and the mare watching quietly.

Midas' words are so foreign and strange to the ragdoll's ears that she begins to think that they may be of another language mixed with the one that she understands. Unsure of how to answer his hanging question, she sucks in a stifled breath and wonders how to respond;

'No, I'm not okay.' her conscience whispers, but outside, she keeps her lips stiff and instead shakes her head from side to side, the scar disrupting her smooth features faced away from the pair of strangers. "You don't want to be laying down in these woods alone for too long, babe." the mare with the blue hues warns, the colorless bird shifting around on her back.

'What? Someone will hurt me. Not them. They won't hurt me.. will they?' her mind constantly worries, allowing an unsettling fear to hang in the back of her mind. "Shall we help you get to your feet?-" the mare started, sending another shiver through the doe's fragile body. 'They'll see it!' her mind cries, pulling a weak string of chords to gather her body beneath her.

"No, I'm-" she begins, her voice cracking and squeaking in the moment; her legs pull out from under her body, reaching out to find balance and raise her body upward. Weak back legs shiver when they find themselves supporting her light body again, visible to anyone who may be watching.

Now up, it is surely not hard to see the scars that dapple her milky hide. The aquamarine blue that touch the tips of her thin tail nearly reach her dark hocks at their longest length, but mud and filth litter her hair and make the famished female look even more sickly. Ashamed, her horned head drops before either Midas or Tangere would be able to see the opposite side of her face.

Tags: @[Midas] and @[Tangere]
- J.F.P.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
She didn’t respond to me, only stared on – eyes wide, unsure, and afraid for whatever reason. I settled and smiled gently, trying to ease this strange dove into finding her voice; or some semblance of one. I was no healer of the mind, though it was plain to see that this woman had been through something. A thing that might require more than just physical assurance. Yon basin mare spoke up again, offering encouragement in the form of wisdom and a suggestion.

I turned one favorable eye in her direction, crown starting to agree with a simply nod when our buckskin company suddenly broke silence to speak up. The words came out in a rush and were cut off. Instinctively this body leaned forward as if to assist, but feet remained firmly planted. The silver spools of magic soared forward, rising to the surface of concentration. Sand would have formed beneath the belly of our malnourished company, if the lass were to stumble and fall she’d not fall far.

Scars, bright and hideously pink scored her the softest points of her belly, my gaze softened further. So young, and already battleborn – though by the way she had cowered beneath our shadows, I seriously doubted an even fight was the result of those marks. Pity covered my appearance but it was compassion that slide forth when that antlered skull turned aside. “There is a healer not far from here,” I said tenderly, “Ye would be welcome at Hidden Falls and could receive treatment before continuing on,” either she’d be reached or not, either way I wouldn’t abandon until some form of security had been met, “My name is Midas.”
Image Credits

Weakly she rose, it appeared she may protest but she really didn’t – standing like a fawn for the first time, branded with memories… harsh ones, it seems. Tangere blinked quietly as she is known for doing, her expression rather blank, but not dumb-founded. The stallion’s burning eyes found hers for only a second and she felt a rush blanket her veins, tipping her chocolate eyes directly into his for barely a second. He nods and she does nothing, it’s evident just how unpracticed she is in the art of true socialization. Phrixus fidgets as the pale pair, mare and bird, watch the sand manipulate underneath the buckskin mare. Her face, just now catching the silver unicorn’s attention, adorns a lash that must’ve been brutal looking in its freshness; her sweet, scared buttermilk face remained fragile looking, even with the rough blemish. Midas breaks her observations with a swift slew of charming words.

She remembers now, why she had originally approached the folded mare. “What is your name, sweetheart?” She takes a conservative step forward, slightly reaching out with her pink, velvety nose, but doesn’t dare go any further…anticipating the mare probably wants nothing to do with being touched at the moment.

Her eyes glitter in his direction once more, waiting for him to finish, politely taking up the silence after him. “And my home too, has a great healer; she is the kindest I’ve ever met.” She is softly casting her gaze toward the antlered girl now, trying not to leave the air heavy with pressure. “I live in the North, in Aurora Basin, home to only unicorns.” Her eyes pinch back to Midas, smirking playfully. It is obvious she is no radical and hate barely has a home in her mind, ever. “But do not feel as though it will be held against you if you seek Midas’s help, I’m sure Hidden Falls is a very nice place as well.” She is no sales-woman, or con expert when it came to recruiting. It’s an offer and a chance to spread relations, intelligence, kinship and whatever else you manage to gather from your time in the Threshold’s sticky shadows. She smiles with her eyes and her mouth, watching the buckskin’s face for any signs of anything besides fear.

CARS CAREENING FROM THE CLOUDS
BRIDGES BURST AND TWIST AROUND..
AND WANTING SOMETHING WARM AND MOVING

Hidden Account
Nevada
'I look disgusting, I look scary!' the fae's mind cries as the painted duo look her over, their eyes -each so different- scour her body nearly all the same. She can see it in their eyes, hear it in their tones, that they do hold a pool of compassion in their hearts. The quivering aquamarine eyes peek out from behind long, dirty forelock as the small mare stands in a cowardly position while the two watch.

Again they offer gentle words, the mare with the twisted horn questioning her name.. and she thinks: she's been called numerous names both painful and taunting, but her father has always stuck with "Adelis." she mumbles in response, her eyes still looking up at the blue female. Then, the stallion - who introduces himself as Midas - mentions the aid of a "healer," a word that she had never actually heard, but could decipher easily. Both of them offer help, and the brutt is once again silent.

'Only unicorns? her fragile mind repeats, once more finding it's way to the sadistic face of her outgoing sister, Arvarkl. The soft pink feathers flicker through her head like a drape falling over an open window; her eyes turn to the winged stallion. "Maybe you can help me find my sister? She has wings like you.. but, she has horns like mine too." Her voice is soft and unfocused, ears turned forward but face not directed toward either of the equines.

Carefully, she swings her hindquarters around to face the pair further, her face staying somewhat diagonal to either Tangere or Midas. "I need to find my sister."

Tags: @[Tangere] and @[Midas]
Ooc: Holy shit she's been in here forever. To the Falls!
- J.F.P.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
The painted warrior didn’t miss a beat and was quick to speak up on behalf of her homeland; I stiffened ever slightly, glancing one eye sideways to meet those dark gems with a look of knowing glimmering deep within my bottomless pits. In my mind the safety of this travel weary stranger was of first and foremost importance (not the gain from bulking numbers); Basin just so happened to be thrice the distance from the threshold, and their terrain was rough and hardly manageable for even those of sure feet. I nodded absently anyways, saying nothing to retort or belittle her claim – said woman could speak whatever truth she might. (Saying anything to criticize would be disrespectful.)

As if reading my thoughts she added a note of polite acceptance to either decision. I forced a small smile of appreciative note, and shifted attention back to the little buckskin lass who’d captured compassion in these few minutes of conversation.

Her name was Adelis, I smiled wider, genuine as before. Chin tucked to throat, gently tapping the honeyed gem below latch and center to breast. Those soft but untrusting aqua eyes turned to me, clearing and offering a pressing question. She needed help finding kin? Yar, golden gaze softened and I gently replied, “Aye, I will aid thee all I can in this.” A promise, and one that she’d mean to hold me to, “Chase worry from mind for now, let’s get ye mended and see strength restored.” Taking a single step forward in her direction I added, “Can ye walk a little? Tis not far…”

OOC: Feel free to make your reply in the Falls if you want <3. Also Tanger is welcome to tag along if she wants to help out :D! Either way I'm game.

Image Credits