the Rift

[OPEN] carry it with you;

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
Once he had decided on a project, it didn’t take him long to begin on the work that would accomplish it; he had gone home the day he had met Sheba and spent the evening pondering the best way to fashion glass globes which would hang from the mane, and after making a miniature test bauble and some slender twine the day following that (now resting among his random bits and pieces in his root notch) he had gone to bed with great enthusiasm for this morning, when Sheba was to return to pick up her gifts.

As soon as the sun was in view he had been up and about, first fashioning the orbs themselves from his usual working stone, propping them up and keeping them from rolling off the surface with several long sticks he’d rested around the border of the stone. When he’d made three of the glass objects, satisfied with their thickness and color (he hadn’t tinted the glass to allow the color of whatever was in them to shine more obviously) and testing the diameter of their mouths with a few of his own stones. The rim would easily fit in most small collectables, including feathers and flowers and gemstones, and he hummed quietly to himself as he turned away from the baubles with satisfaction writ all across his features.

Digging his massive hoof into the soft earth where he had buried his driftwood, he pulls up a piece and drags it to the stone, finding the diameter of the branches too slender to properly plug the tops and sighing ever so slightly in the midst of his quietly mumbled song. Returning the improper piece to the hole he reburies it and uncovers another, dragging it to the stone and smiling happily to discover that it has a fair sized branch of the perfect width to fit snugly into the top of the glass.

Working quickly, he digs the point of his toe into the softened wood to create a dip which the wood should break along, moving up the length of the branch for each cork; after he’s sure the rivulets are deep enough, he applies pressure to the wood to break each one free. The first splinters horribly – too much weight to suddenly, he decides, and so more slowly he works on the next and most cleaning completing the last one. The corks are rough on each end but will be easy to grab, and if he understands the properties of the wood well enough, by wedging it down into the bottle while its wet, it should remain snug for the rest of the time she uses them.

He does so, still humming along as he squeaks each closure in place, quickly coming to the last few parts of the project with a smile splitting his face. Drawing his composure once more, he pulls the twine nearer to him and loops it about each to create ties, feeling weariness tug hard on him by the time the third hoop is sealed and ready to be strung through hair.

Attaching them as he had Ranjiri’s beads to his tail, he cleans up the remnants of his work (including reburying the wood) and moves out of his clearing and back towards the part of the wall he had met her at. He wonders if she’ll be able to find it, but decides that if she can’t, he will just walk the wall until he finds her; it doesn’t take much for him to locate specific locations along the structure, but he had also helped make it and had kept watch over its length since then. He understands that others not so used to their home might get lost, but hopes that he won’t have to spend too long searching or waiting with all this enthusiasm pulsing through him.

He arrives to the clearing in which they had met and waits with his smile soft on his face, careful not to swat at the flies with his tail while the baubles are tied into them.

@[Sheba]
OOC: Sheba at first, please, and then others are welcome into the thread if they'd like. He has finished the baubles! Be sure to post it to Character Record's Updates or its like they were never made. :)

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady
It was evident that the gentle boy had a design in mind; that much was clear when you parted ways in front of the wall. He had promised his gift would be finished in a few days’ time, and you have spent the past few nights hovering about the wall, inspecting the glass, and nudging the shattered pieces carefully with your horn, just to hear their enchanting tinkle as they tumble over one another. You have paced, and upon discovering your shadowy reflection in the glass, you have pranced and preened, and in short, you have set about just killing time as you anxiously await the glazier’s reappearance. But finally, the morning of the preappointed day has dawned, and you are nearly giddy with anticipation.

You are back in the clearing at the first light of day, but when noon breaks and the boy has not arrived, you begin to worry. Will he come? You trust those honest blue eyes, however, and not wanting to appear too anxious, you slip into a copse of trees nearby. Surely when he arrives, you will hear him by the telltale sound of his clinking feathers.

What you hadn’t intended on though, is falling asleep. It is a light doze, but still, the past few sleepless nights have taken their toll. When you jerk awake and immediately peer out of the thick shrubbery, there he is, patiently waiting for you. You lightly duck out of your hiding spot from the back, then saunter around the edge and into the clearing to see what he has brought.

“Lovely to see you again,” you greet him brightly, walking up to your companion. Your excited smile is genuine, but it is taking all of your self-restraint not to peer past him and see what he has come up with—whatever it is, you are sure that it’s going to look marvelous on you.

@[Dragomir]

Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Bunnie
Her voice draws his eager eyes to her, their blue depths dazzling with his excitement to show off the finished baubles (and perhaps one of the most complex pieces he’d constructed so far, considering it involved multiple facets rather than just glass). Her smile greets him in all its shining perfection and he tries to return the gesture with his own simple, lopsided grin. "You as well, Ms. Sheba," he says, his nose wrinkling up in good humor and catching the heavily saturated scent of the unicorn mare here in the clearing.

It deepens his smile to know that she has been anxiously awaiting him.

"I’ve got them finished, here," he adds in after a genial nod of his head, sweeping his dark muzzle back towards his tail and grasping at the loose ties that hold the spheres in place. When he turns his face back towards the Arabian built unicorn, his pride is evident in the twinkling that ignites in his eyes and the smile that grows and grows as he waits for her eyes to fall on them.

The glass is simple and clear, not colored; he had figured whatever went in them would add tone to the container and that any tints he added would detract from her collections of small items. He had left a sapphire in one of them as an added gift, not sure why he had done so other than to immediately supply the notion that the three baubles were for storing things which fit into their round mouths.

He settles them down the loamy earth before her, taking a pace back to allow her to look over them at leisure. "I can help you tie them in place, if you need," he offers, skin twitching with his restrained enthusiasm, "they should easily hold stones, feathers, small bones… anything you can fit inside. The corks are softened driftwood and I made the twine myself."

@[Sheba]

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Dragomir is all smiles and politeness, but your anxiety is not soothed until he reveals that as promised, he has brought along your gift. To your delight, he lays before you three smooth, crystalline spheres, round-bellied and beautiful in their unassuming simplicity. At the top of each orb spouts a dainty-lipped mouth, corked with soft, sandy-colored wood. A twinkle of blue catches your eye, and you lower your head to admire the azure stone resting inside the middle glass bubble. How clever, you think, trinkets to store trinkets. The boy really has thought of everything. “They are perfect,” you breathe, muzzle so close to your newfound treasures that the glass clouds momentarily with condensation. “Absolutely flawless, Dragomir!” you continue, voice rising in excitement. If you weren’t afraid that you would tread on his handiwork, you would be prancing in place; as it is, you can barely contain yourself.

He offers to help secure the baubles, and you nod enthusiastically. “I think they would look lovely in my mane,” you offer, forcing yourself to stand still so that he can properly tie them amongst your braids. However, just because your body is still does not mean that your mouth is. “Truly, they are beyond compare,” you gush, both pleased and suddenly oddly touched by his gift. “One-of-a-kind, as I’m sure you are, monsieur. There must be no one like you—no one who possesses such an extraordinary talent as yours, non?” For you have never seen skill such as his before, and the novelty of it all fascinates you. You wonder how he does it.

OOC: Thanks so much, Bunnie! If possible, could he give her IC knowledge of the other herd crafters? Names aren’t necessary, but if he happens to know what they do (stone, metal, cloth), that would be super helpful c;

@[Dragomir]

Bunnie
He takes in her praise with a giddy pride that leaks from his effervescent blue eyes as he looks at her looking at his creations. She’s close enough to leave a faint mist across the surface of the baubles, and her delight as she looks them over is contagious; he grins broadly, borderline stupidly, eyes keenly watching each ripple of joy that crosses her and the eagerness with which she meets his gaze when he asks if she’d like help tying them in place.

He nods as he steps forward to grasp at her offered mane (cautious not to step on the glass), admiring the work of the braids in her ivory hair and enjoying the sweet, feminine smell that rises from her as he tousles the locks with dark lips. Occasionally dipping his head down to grab one, he works as she talks enthusiastically and with a swift cadence to the words, and he can’t help but keep his smile in place even where it normally vanishes beneath his concentration – of all the things this woman is, beautiful and etched in grace, she is first and foremost a beast of flattery and sweetness, and poor Dragomir is too simple of thought and too naïve to life to assume that her gushing praise is only a tactic to worm her way into his mind and glean his secrets.

It works. Her hidden question is met with raised brows and a quirk to the curvature of his lips as he fastens the second capsule in place, pausing as he finishes to answer the inquiry and to check the balance of the baubles in ensure they looked pretty along with being useful – for he does know that women like to look nice, if nothing else.

"I’m the only Glazier at this time, though I haven’t been for long," he answers, withholding the name of Aaron with a faint sense of defending him from those who he may not wish to know of his name or past, "it’s the Moon’s magic, to create the glass. I haven’t seen what the other herds have been gifted, but I am sure they too have their own unique talents given to them by their Gods."

"I’ve heard something about the Throat utilizing metal," he continues, "but I do not honestly know. I imagine there are also those who have earned their talents on their own, unique things desired in their hearts that were given to them as blessings…magic knows no boundaries but that which our strength of will imposes on it. Anything is possible."

[ OOC: He doesn't know much of the other herds and their crafters, but I did try to give you as much as possible. :D He's quite painfully antisocial lolololol ]
@[Sheba]

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

To your surprise, he answers you modestly, confessing that though he is the only glazier in this land, the other herds have their own magic. You had meant the question to be rhetorical, just a bit of happy praise, but it seems as if you have stumbled across some hidden gold. How interesting, you muse, storing his words away for some other time. Perhaps you should suss out these herds sooner, rather than later!

“Oh,” you murmur, “I wasn’t aware. At any rate, it’s all quite intriguing—I’ll have to pay a visit to this Dragon’s Throat myself, hmm?” Your tone is thoughtful and a little absentminded, almost as if you are a client in a hairdresser’s chair. “I haven’t had the chance to see much of Helovia yet,” you confide in him as he finishes fastening the last bauble in your mane, “perhaps this Dragon’s Throat will be my next adventure.”

Sensing that his muzzle has stilled, you twist your head around to inspect his handiwork. You can only just glimpse the bauble nearest to your withers, but the way the light catches it sends shivers of delight up and down your spine once more. “Even better than I imagined,” you breathe in satisfaction, enjoying the slight clink and rustle that the glass creates when it nestles in your hair. “Thank you, my dear.”

Now that the job is done, you are eager to be on your way to your next destination, but quite unexpectedly, you find yourself lingering. You are used to those who only desire to take, from you and from the rest of the world, but somehow, this boy and his easy generosity are different. It’s refreshing, you think, oblivious to the fact that for the first time in a long time, you are genuinely enjoying someone’s company. “Well…” you murmur, shifting your weight, as if you are torn between staying and going. “It really has been a pleasure, Dragomir. Do take care, won’t you?” You surprise yourself as your muzzle darts out, extending to his own in a gesture of farewell.

If the movement startles him, your unanticipated softness startles you more. “I…ah, really must be going,” you mutter quickly, already turning to go. “Thank you…ah, thank you for everything.”

@[Dragomir]

Bunnie

He smiles at her mention of going to the Throat, he himself not the sort to so brazenly approach a land owned by a group of individuals unless directed there by his superiors or invited by those within, as he had been to the Edge by Mirage. That he had stayed in one place surprised even him, some days, mostly because he was not really made from the same material as the rest of the people in the Moon’s hold, and often felt like an outcast where he was truly a member of the council and seemingly well liked by most that knew him by name; it wasn’t a true affection, anyway, not with his secrets and the hidden way that he thinks, even as he unlearns the lessons burned into him in his youth and tries his best to become a denizen of peace rather than a creature of a defiled kingdom as Ricochet had been.

That she hasn’t been many other places is something they have in common, and he says as much in reply because he himself is not brave enough to go to the Throat and is unwilling to admit as much in front of the pretty lady. "I’ve really only seen the wilds, and not much at that," of course, in a few weeks, he will see the Falls – but that has not come to pass and so he has nothing in his mind but the images of the old, dark forest with the pool of rubies and the other miraculous places of natural creation that the Earth God had created for them, "and the shrines to the south, of course. I went as soon as I heard of them."

He does not tell of how that same God he so revered for creating the mountains and rivers and valleys had shaken the earth and chased him away that day. He has never told anyone. It is a bit too embarrassing to divulge even if it would make him feel better to hear a good, reasonable explanation for why it had happened other than that he was unworthy of a God’s ignorance, much less kindness, and deserved only wrath.

So is the guilt ridden mind of the young man, studiously dusting the skeletons in his closet to keep the others from noticing them stacked behind his carefully constructed guise of shyness and intelligence – the truth known only by a woman who was gone, dead as far as he knew.

As if she can feel his turn of thoughts and the sadness that begins to fill him where her praise had previously held him up, he looks to her as she lengthily makes her exit, her accent floating her pretty voice up to his ears and drawing him away from the dark waters that lap at the fringes of his conscious. It is only a matter of time until he is alone with his hypocrisy again, and as if she can sense this, too, she loiters in her goodbye, even reaches out to touch him.

He does not flinch, growing used to women and their desire to touch everything and everyone, but instead revels in the delicate way with which she does so, the flicker of surprise that lights her face in the realization that she has reached out to touch him – and it is mirrored in his own features as he takes notice of the fact that his own had extended to meet hers midway, a rather friendly gesture for two mostly strangers and an extremely uncommon one for the introverted stallion.

"It was my pleasure," he mumbles awkwardly as he retracts his nose, his mind hammering away in frantic wonder as to why it is he’d just done that and a cloud of butterflies swirling chaotically through his belly, "come by again if you need anything else." His deep voice is steady despite the riot going on inside him, the stag quite used to dealing with the frustrating and insane things that women do to him and the never ending wonder as to whether it is this way for all men. His father had never said a thing about it.

"Goodbye," he finishes while watching her go, the tangled mess of his thoughts writhing like a ball of snakes behind the innocent and almost emotionless expression that lines his simple face.

@[Sheba]
Wishlist | Table Tracker