the Rift

Lay your weary head to rest

Harley Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Harley was doing something he hadn't done since he was a young foal. He stopped, he sunk down on his knees, rolled sideways and he lay down. The stallion had been walking for days, barely resting or even stopping to eat. He was exhausted, but in all this time without his companion, lost and alone, he'd been too afraid to stop. So he'd kept walking, his determined pace slowing to a weary trudge. He didn't know where he was, he didn't know where he was going or when he was going to stop. And even if he did find somewhere to stop, what then?

In a stroke of good fortune, some unknown force had guided him here, somewhere where there was finally water to drink and soft grass beneath his hooves. He was wondering if he had dreamed it, succumbing to hallucinations in his sleep-deprived state. Who knew? Perhaps it was a manifestation of his instincts, a lucky guess.

The stallion didn't like to be off his feet, he would need sure footing if a predator were to come after him. But there were bruises on his feet from where he'd slipped on some rocks, and his muscles ached. He stayed upright long enough to drink his fill and graze a little, but now he was done.

His ears flicked this way and that, listening for danger. The trees muffled some of the sounds and obscured his view somewhat, but there wasn't enough low vegetation for anything big to hide, and obviously he wasn't out in the open, nor under any tree or rock that would provide a platform for something to pounce from above. For now, all he could hear was birdsong and a few insects buzzing in the cool shade of the trees.

Oscar would have liked it here, he thought to himself. Of course, Oscar would have preferred a few more mares around but it was as good a resting place as any for now. Harley wasn't a fan of forests. He'd grown up on the moors, a wide open space with very little shelter. Very few plants could dwarf him like these trees did. It was unnerving, but the shade was welcome nonetheless.

The stallion looked in the direction he'd been pointed. He knew nothing of what lay beyond this forest, but he couldn't go back now. He could only hope it was somewhere habitable, and judging by how well established and lush this forest was, he doubted it'd be hard to find somewhere to live. He didn't really want to delay in this forest longer than he needed to. Who knew what would roam in the shadows of the trees once night fell?

OOC: Bad title, so sue me. Haha, templates what are templates /lazy

Alija Posts: 58
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Sara95
ALIJA
Once again, the purple and pink striped mare moved through the thick trees ducking her creamy colored elk antlered head. The smile that was constantly on her pink badger marked face was warm and welcoming. Like a beacon of light searching to bring weary travelers home. The mare went over all of the herbs she was carrying in her two shoulder pouches. "'Cloves, Bilberry, Yarrow, Catnip, and Peppermint.' She smiled bright she had enough things to help with almost everything, almost. She hummed softly as she moved her golden feathered hooves through the trees and growth. Alija really wanted to bring a new horse to her home; to shelter someone else like Silk and Africa had given her shelter.

Sighing softly she inhaled deeply drawing in the scent around her; there was trace smells of another horse in the area. Curiously she strode towards the horse smell enjoying the musky scent and cooler sheltering trees. As she neared the edge of clearing she stopped to watch a handsome blue roan stallion for a second. She nickered softly before stepping from the trees, her purple and pink hid could startle horses, she had discovered this many years ago, so she spoke quickly, ""Hello, I am Alija I don't mean any harm good sir." She smiled warmly and dipped her antlered head, the gold chain twisted around in her antlers slide the pendants forward and the tinkled joyously. ""Welcome to Helovia, a place for new beginnings, this is the Threshold."

Raising her pink, white, and purple head back to it's normal height she studied the stallion. he was much taller than herself. That didn't really matter to the gentle healer. She did notice his odd nose jewelry though and tilted her head ever so slightly to the right as her steely blue eyes moved slowly over him. Her warm slightly deep voice bubbled forth again, ""I am dabble within the methods of healing, would you happen to have any injuries that need tending too?" She smiled softly and took a few steps forward looking over his handsome blue pelt for any abrasions.

"Speech 'Wonderings'
Words: 305
OOC: Hi! Welcome to Helovia <3
The soul is healed by being with children
Image CreditQuote Credit
[Image: 53a4c3e87d453]
Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

I wasn't entirely sure as to why my yellow painted hooves were bringing me closer to the Threshold of Helovia, the place where the weary travelers were met and harassed by the recruiters of the four different herds. Each one vying for the nod of the head, or the affirmative words that meant he or she was lucky enough to be bringing some fresh meat back to the lands they called home. I tended to try and avoid the area, a lot of awkward social contact and then the discomfort of a possible "no". Of course, rejection was the least of my worries, bringing home new characters wasn't something I was quite known for.
But here I was, standing in the middle of the Threshold, feeling like a new comer myself as I wasn't used to the assault of different scents that came with mixing new ones and the familiar scents of the four different herds. My chestnut harks swiveled restlessly, taking in all the different sounds, the birds singing, the bugs buzzing, and then the talking of various different creatures trying to gain one more member for their herd. But the sound that caught my attention wasn't someone's voice, nor the buzzing of the bugs, or the song of the birds...rather it was the sound of metal clinking lightly together as if it were decorating someone who was moving. Orchid pools lit up ever so slightly as I grew curious as to who it was that was making the wonderful chiming noise.
Yellow painted hooves struck out in the direction of the noise only to come across the meeting between an oddly colored mare. Who's antlers had silver charms dangling from a chain that was wrapped around them, and a blue roan stallion with a strange hoop hanging from his nose. Momentarily my harks flicked back against my skull and into my blonde hair, of course I would stumble across the circus folks, but oh well, company was company I supposed. Forcing the rosy corners of my kissers up in what I hoped seemed like a warm and welcoming smile, I stepped out of the shadow of the tree into the clearing where the duo stood. ""I am dabble within the methods of healing, would you happen to have any injuries that need tending too?" The brightly colored mare spoke as she stepped closer to the blue stallion, my white washed skull tipped to the side ever so slightly as I looked between the two interesting looking characters. "I am Cheveyo of the World's Edge. Who might you two be?" I look at each of the others individually, offering them each a quick smile before settling back on the blue stallion as I supposed he was the new comer to these parts. "Assuming you are the new comer, welcome to Helovia."

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Harley]
Words;; 474
OOC;; Hope you don't mind me popping Chev in here :3 I was bored!

Original Image

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
Contrary to her previous feelings of bitterness and resentment, the color-bearing bird limps among the trees with a far more positive air about her. The long turquoise stalks at her wither bounce with each step that she takes, causing the latticework of shallow cuts upon her back to itch from their touch. She had been a fool to set out on her travels after sparring with the stallion. A sensible warrior would have turned to a healer to see their wounds attended to -- why couldn't she just do the same?

The answer is actually quite simple; the restless bird is unaccustomed to the bustle of herd life, and she is not yet ready to act as a lowly citizen under the guidance of her superiors. In truth the maiden is used to issuing the orders, not following them. The blood of the last great Chieftain resides in her veins, and she is finding it much to suppress her desire to rule. If anything, her "obligation" to succumb to the will of others has only stirred the coals of her ambition. Her heart now burns like an unyielding flame, and there is only one way to quell the fire: promotion.

The prospect of rising in rank is somewhat foreign to the warrior, for she had been born to the Oracle and Chief of the Cualneci-Oquichtin tribe. Her power had been bestowed in her since birth, regardless of the fact that she was the youngest heir. But this is not to say that the Aztec did not deserve her favourable position. She earned the admiration of her people through her words; fought savagely to bestow fear in the hearts of her enemies; trained hard to master the art of contacting the spirit world. All of these accomplishments -- and the days and nights that led up to them -- are what have made the stately maiden into what she is today. Every moment since her birth has defined her life in some way or another.

But especially the moment that she lost everything.

Now she is nothing to the eyes of those around her. Not a single being on the planet can recall the time when the grieving peahen had slain a camp full of men, or hunted down a man for countless days only because he had been there on that fateful day. There is no one to remember the agony that their sacrifice had put her through, or for how many days she fled from her own land, or how hopelessly and painfully alone she felt when she realized that they were all dead. All of the children that she had grown up with, the warriors that she had fought alongside, and the elders that she had listened to and revered for their vast amounts of knowledge. No one is left to remember all that. No one, except for her. And that is why she has chosen to abandon her Legatus and the careening Gull. She must restore the memory of her old family by maintaining life in her new one.

The weight of this task is not as heavy as it once was, and the hybrid finds that the agony that comes with the memories of her tribe has dulled. Perhaps it is because she has finally found a new place to devote herself to, or maybe it is due to the battle that she has just witnessed. War has always served as a fine distraction for the tribal maiden, and it doesn't surprise her that even observing a fight can make her lust to participate in it. Even as she limps towards the small group of equines, the warrior finds that she does not regret the lifestyle that she has chosen. It is in her blood, just as the spirit of a Chieftess is.

She reaches the spot where the roan lays and casts her orange gaze at those gathered around him. Her lips almost form a sneer at the sight of the horned girl, but she snorts instead to hide it. Her own hide is remarkably bright, but that is not why the volatile woman chooses to play nice. She has use for the girl, and offending the pink-faced doe will not provide for easy exploitation.

"If you are a healer, I have a wound that needs seeing to." With a hiss of pain, the beauty curves her barrel so that the gash is exposed to the healer. Particles of sand still stick to the blood-soaked fur surrounding it, and the warrior wouldn't be surprised if it was also inside the flesh. The afflicted area doesn't feel any hotter than the rest of her body, but it is remarkably hot during the day. "Might be infected," she grunts, assuming that if the girl is speaking the truth about her position, she already knows what to do. Bellona certainly doesn't.

Her thoughts turn away from the healer and back to the brute on the ground. "What are you doing there? Are you tired too?" The usual snap in her tone has returned, and her ears flicker in annoyance at the state of the blue stallion. Does everyone come to this place exhausted?

"Where are you from, boy?" These words are softer, for she is in a tender mood today. After seeing the determination in the last wounded bird she encountered, she expects to see an adequate recovery from this brute.

A fiery gaze looks over the painted lady present, and this time the malicious bird allows a look of contempt to come over her face. Does the paint not feel beautiful against the cheery hide of her purple friend? She has to draw shapes on her, too?

"Cheveyo. Welcome to Helovia," she mocks. "I am Bellona, of the Hidden Falls. You know Dragomir, then, I presume?" Disinterest replaces the snide mask on her face, and she immediately interjects with, "Well, now that we three ladies have met, who is this poor boy, then? Are you all right down there?"

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in." Quisque iaculis dapibus fermentum.

{Sorry to make this so crowded! I found a blue roan, and I just couldn't resist. DX I'm also so sorry this got so long! It just kind of took off! I promise my next posts won't be so big. @[Harley] @[Alija] @[Cheveyo]

cualneci-oquichtin -- "beautiful warriors"; Tribe of Beautiful Warriors.}

BellonA
breathing life into battered bones
background pattern by webtreatsetc.deviantart.com
image credits

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

Unregistered
Harley's eyelids were fluttering closed, when suddenly a soft voice snapped him out of his doze. He looked up and found himself staring at a... pink and purple badger thing. He blinked slowly, the shape resolving itself into a curious unicorn. He barely registered what she was saying, goggling at her unusual markings and the wide branching antlers. He knew unicorns came in many hues, but because he had been in such a small herd on the cold grey moors, they weren't exactly diverse. For a worrying moment, he panicked she wasn't real. He was sure he'd been seeing things and hearing voices earlier, could his imagination have conjured up a unicorn too?
"Well, f- I mean... I'm fine... uh... Thank you," Harley stammered to the apparition. Please be real. He failed to suppress a flinch as another female cut in. He had gone days and days without seeing another living creature, and suddenly there were two mares towering over him.

Harley looked over the second mare, a handsome skewbald with strange markings.
"Alija and Cheveyo..." The male repeated softly. He probably sounded incredibly slow right now, but when was the last time he'd even seen another horse? They seemed friendly enough, although he had no idea why they were so interested.
"Helovia? Is that where I am?" Harley glanced around at the forest. Dozens of questions bubbled to the fore of his mind, but he never got a chance to voice them. A jewel coloured mare appeared and quite bluntly addressed the unicorn, Alija.

Uncomfortable at the sudden onslought of females, the stallion rolled and pulled himself stiffly back onto his feet. He sputtered helplessly as she assaulted him with questions. He'd never seen a pegasus before, only hearing the stories, barely believing in them. Harley was something of a sceptic when it came to such fanciful stories, it had to be said. Flying horses, seeing was believing. He backed off nervously, more than a little overwhelmed. It was unlikely they meant any harm, but Harley wasn't exactly at ease with mares at the best of times, and suddenly it was three against one and he was getting lost in a myriad of names and questions.

"Excuse me," he interrupted, raising his voice, "Hidden Falls? World's Edge? What on earth are you talking about, what lies beyond this forest?" He was so confused, he didn't know what these mares wanted or which way to turn, but it was rapidly becoming clear they weren't from the same herd. Terrifying as it was, it was promising. Horses could live here comfortably, and apparently it was safe enough for mares to travel alone. Maybe once they'd stopped talking amongst themselves, they could point the stallion in the right direction.

OOC: Wheedled one of my friends into making a table for me, it will show its face around here one day so apologies for my current nekkid posts. Jebus, three mares at once, poor Harley!

Sara95
ALIJA
Alija smiled softly at the blue hued male spread out on the ground clearly tired. As he replied she smiled and stepped forward lowering her pretty antlered head, her steel blue eyes gazing down at his hide just to see if he was trying to be a tough guy. ""It's nice to meet you sir." Her voice was velvety and warm as she gazed down at his blue tinged hid. "This is the place where newcomers to this land come. This is the only way in and out that I know of anyway." She laughed softly her voice tinkling much like the golden chain above her head. Jokes weren't really the healer's strong point, but she loved to try. Her girly brow snapped together as the stallion flinched. Turning like a slow motion top Alija turned towards new comer a smile creeping onto her pink white and purple face once more.

The mare dipped her large antlered dome trying to look as friendly as she felt, "It's a pleasure Cheveyo. I am Alija, I reside in the Dragon's Throat." Smiling softly she took in the pretty light chestnut girl, that was slightly smaller than herself. The purple maiden had to admit that Cheveyo was very pretty. Of course she wasn't into mare's like that, but she could admire beauty no matter the gender or species. It was like how people thought birds or clouds were pretty, that's how she saw everything that was truly ascetically pleasing. Steely eyes feel slowly on the odd colored markings lying here and there on the chestnut mare's painted pelt, until the blue male spoke again. Turning her curious attention back to the male her head tilted slightly. 'Maybe he is a little... slow.' She thought quietly her ears tilted forward. "Yes Sir, this land is called Helovia." Her voice was kind almost motherly, since she thought he was slow.

As soon as the bright colored and winged mare appears the purple doe moves towards her, the scent of coppery blood heavy in the air. Focused on her immediate task the mare missed the snort and demanding tone. As her eyes fell over the wound a list of herbs was already in her mind. Taking note of the mare's pain, the sand, and the raw bloody edges. Her voice was crisp, but still kind, "I need you to step into the water over there and rinse yourself off the best you can, other wise that sand in there will only make any infection worse. Not to mention how bad it will make it itch." laughing lightly she moved a step towards the water, but halted again as the roan spoke again shaking her from her duties. Her kind motherly smile returnes as she answers most of his questions, "The places we said are three of the herds that reside in this land. There are more forests, a desert, and mountains; that I know of at least, but I have only been here for a short time." Smiling softly she watched the male, he seemed nervous to be in their presence though.

"Speech 'Wonderings'
Words: 516
OOC: @[Cheveyo] @[Bellona] @[Harley]
Image CreditQuote Credit
Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.

Semper

"Alija and Cheveyo..." The confused looking stallion repeated our names back to us as he looked between myself and the oddly hued mare. Of course, her coloration had thrown me off slightly as well, but she was the least of anyones worries in the lands of Helovia where horses and dragons could be mixed together to create a dangerous combination, but I wasn't about to tell the startled stallion that and scare him away forever. The corners of my rosy velvets turned up into a soft smile as I nodded lightly at him as if encouraging him to continue speaking.
The discomfort and tension in the air only thickens upon the arrival of the peacock mare, her first words being to the brightly colored Alija, questioning her worth as a healer. My orchid pools flicked over the third mare taking a catalog of her wounds that I assumed came from a spar, a few of the lacerations looked infected, but I knew about as much as the peacock did when it came to her own health.
My harks swiveled on top of my white washed skull as I listened to the healer inform the peacock of what to do in order to be healed and I wondered momentarily how the peacock would accept taking orders from a stranger. But then again, being healed was a wonderful gift. "Cheveyo. Welcome to Helovia, I am Bellona, of the Hidden Falls. You know Dragomir, then, I presume?" As the peacock turned her attention on myself my harks slammed back into the tangles of my blonde tresses. So she was one of those from the Asylum, fitting for such an odd looking bitch wasn't it? My nearly floor length tail snapped against my painted hips as my rosy kissers parted ever so slightly. "What, do they not teach you manners over in the loony bin?" The venom in my voice was clear as I skipped easily over her question of my knowledge on Dragomir, I had no business talking about the whereabouts of my herd members especially not with a mare who had more attitude then the Queen of Sheba.
My attention was then grabbed as the stallion's deep vocals blasted over those of us who spoke in more feminine tones. "Excuse me, Hidden Falls? World's Edge? What on earth are you talking about, what lies beyond this forest?" I looked towards the purple healer as she spoke, offering up that there were only three herds in the whole lands of Helovia, but then added that she was new here and wasn't entirely sure on everything. "Alija here was nearly right. There are four main herds, the World's Edge who is watched over by the Goddess of the Moon, the Dragon's Throat who is watched over by the God of the Sun, the Hidden Falls who is guided by the God of the Earth, and then last but not least the Aurora Basin who is guided by the God of Time. Equines, such as you and I are welcome into the Hidden Falls and the World's Edge. The Throat is primarily pegasi and the Basin is strictly unicorns." I offered a quick smile as I looked at the now standing blue roan, waiting to see if anyone else would have any more information to share about the lands this poor bloke had found himself in.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Bellona]
Words;; 563
OOC;; <3

Original Image

please tag Cheveyo!!

Hidden Account
The little pink is almost demanding when she starts giving orders to the much bulkier -- and much scarier -- creature of color. For a moment the hybrid considers refusing to do as she has asked, but almost as soon as the thought crosses her mind she immediately deems it useless. Arrogance and superiority will win her no battles here, and she desperately needs a healer.

Even as the maiden moves to the stream that the doe has so kindly pointed out to her, the area surrounding the gash starts to itch, as if on cue. She lashes a dark hoof at the ground to dispel the sensation, but quickly enters the water that the girl is standing next to. At first the bird offers her a reproachful stare -- just what the hell is she doing standing there? -- but then suddenly she realizes that the roan has started speaking. The cunning woman notes that he is acting rather skittish around them all, and asking many questions. Cocking an ear back to listen to the Indian, a dark sense of delight sparks in her breast. Finally, someone who can match her bitter tones! It has been moons since she has conversed with someone as bereft of niceties as she. It is somewhat enlightening to find that she is not the only one with the horrible attitude around here.

As the bathing Aztec catches the words that are being offered back and forth, she holds her rather blunt -- and often distasteful -- tongue so as not to interrupt. The maiden has been quite vocal as of late, and it has not earned her very much in return. The loud bird is slowly realizing that staying silent and gathering information can be as valuable as voicing your own opinion and declaring war; this is an excellent opportunity to apply the former to her current discussion. Isn't this what Czarina wants me to do? Gather information?

Orange eyes dart back and forth between speakers while towering pillars bend. The water is refreshing on her sweat- and blood-stained architecture, and it is especially sweet on such a warm day. It is shocking, at first, to feel the cold against her wound, but it relieves the maiden of her itch, and so she does not complain. What she can complain about, however, is how she has noticed that the paint only sings her bitter song when addressing the Chieftess. This simply will not do, but she will have to deal with it later. The other women have finally shut up, and the bird wishes to speak now.

Snapping a head in the direction of the pink, she asks -- yes! Not even demanding! -- "What will you have me do now?" Waiting for further instruction is a tedious task, and the doe has been given her chance to speak. The hybrid ignores the Indian for now, and her next words concern the stallion. "If there is anything you need to know about this land, it is to accept an offer when it is given to you." An orange gaze narrows as memories of her first expedition here flood the woman's mind. "You seem to have quite the appeal, and so receiving offers should not be difficult. You know who we are now, and where we reside. It is up to you to choose where you will go." A flick of green feathers, and a shrug of emerald shoulders. This information is as new to her as it is to him. She has only ever learned of the Foothills, and now the Falls. The idea of a unicorn-specific herd intrigues the cunning vixen. She will have to speak with Seele about this later.

"I have never heard of these other lands before, but I can tell you about my own. We are as secretive as our title suggests. We are as strong as we are productive. And we are as passionate as we are inviting." At this last word, she casts a challenging gaze to the painted lady. In honesty, the color-stained beast has no idea what she was talking about, in regards to the mental state of herd. "We are no loony bin. We are all perfectly capable, able-bodied citizens."

There, now let that sink in. Finished with her speech, the bird rises from the stream and fans her wings out to dry. At least she is clean, if not well again. Perhaps if the roan were to accompany her back to the Falls, she could briefly show him the tropical land and find herself a real healer. But for now, this one will do just fine.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in." Quisque iaculis dapibus fermentum.

@[Harley]

BellonA
image credits

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!

Unregistered
Harley had no idea what was going on. The purple mare, Alija, was an incredibly friendly healer who liked to tinkle. The skewbald, Cheveyo, seemed fairly blunt, but he couldn't say he objected to that. And he had no idea what to make of the newcomer, the iridescent red and green mare, Bellona. She seemed to have a bitter attitude and didn't seem to like others, so why she had approached the group was beyond him. Perhaps seeking medical aid? He couldn't help but sneak glances at her brilliantly coloured feathers. He'd never seen anything like her before. He'd never seen a unicorn like Alija before either. Actually he wasn't entirely sure she was a unicorn, maybe some sort of strange deer hybrid. The unicorns he was born and raised with had very simple horns, the tough territory not allowing enough nutrients for them to grow such a complex rack of antlers as this. All three mares seemed relatively well fed in fact, that seemed like a good sign.

Once all the mares were done greeting one another and Bellona had been sent to cleanse her wounds in the stream, Alija tried to explain the land he'd found himself in. Three herds, describing different lands without any context of where they were in relation to. But this was the entrance to Helovia, at least, and Helovia. Finallly, Cheveyo gave an answer he understood somewhat. The blue roan turned to listen to her, and nodded. He'd have to see it for himself he supposed, but that gave him some understanding of where he should be going. What direction these places lay in, he'd never guess, but he had two relatively attentive females here to ask. He was a little baffled by Cheveyo's snarky comment to Bellona. This all went way over his head. Bellona seemed to be offering him a little help too, in her own way. He wasn't so sure about her herd being "inviting", given her attitude thus far.

"Receiving offers?" He asked her now as she bathed in the water, baffled. The stallion's skin prickled as she mentioned his "appeal". Considering he'd never really been around an eligible young mare in his adult life, he couldn't say he agreed.
"My choice? I don't even know where anything is." Harley turned his head to address Cheveyo again, "You seem to know the most- no offence, ladies," he dipped his head in deference to Alija and Bellona, "Cheveyo? You think it'd be best if I go to World's Edge or Hidden Falls?" Every utterance was a question, but who could blame him. He was totally lost, he'd simply been wandering mindlessly until he arrived here.

The male also wanted to ask about these "gods" Cheveyo had mentioned. He knew of no such deities. The God of the Earth however, That had his mind racing. Considering the strange experience that led him to this place, he couldn't help but wonder... Harley was distracted for a moment as Bellona spread her wings, sending out an arc of droplets, shimmering rainbow in the sunlight.
"Forgive me," he continued, snapping out of his daze, "I don't know this land, obviously, and I have very little idea about how all this works." How anything worked really. He'd only ever been in one herd his entire life and he was born into it.

OOC: @[Alija] @[Cheveyo] @[Bellona] Oh my goodness it's 1am so many typos

Sara95
ALIJA
The doe turned her steely blue eyes around the group searching their faces curiously wondering why it was so tense here. Tilting her head slightly her ears flicked back for a moment at the awkward feeling in the air. The terse words finally rang into her ears what was going on between the the two mares? Either way two of the horses here needed help maybe not really help she could offer both of them, but at least one she really could help. As the brightly plumed Pegasus moved into the stream Alija followed over seeing her bath. Once she shook off the mare examined the wound more closely, it was in fact infected, beet red with hints of yellow in it. Slender brow furrowed slightly before she cleared it up. Between the talking she spoke softly to the mare, "I'm going to have to use a few herbs, and they might sting a little ok?" Bending her thick neck around the she carefully nudged her muzzle into the pouch on her left leg pulling out barberry. Moving back right she carefully chewed them up before licking the pulp onto the open wound covering every inch of it and making sure there was enough. Appraising her work the mare smiled before reaching into the bag on the stout right leg and pulled out a Chamomile plant moving towards the front of the mare and extended her head trying to hand it to the mare. Once she took her voice bubbled forth, "Now eat that and it should help with the pain."

She listened closely to Cheveyo taking in the lay of the land a little better and the gods that ruled over each. Moving away from the bright winged mare she moved towards the chestnut painted mare smiling warmly. The words loony-bin drew her attention, what was she talking about? Shaking her antlered head the mare lifted her harks. As the blue roan spoke she stepped forward slightly nervous, "I have to say if we're making offers of a home here, that the Dargon's Throat would welcome you with open arms." She smiled softly at Harley and spoke again kinder this time, "This is the place were members from all herds gather to find others that are new to Helovia and offer them a home. If you wanted I'm sure there are lots of places for a way-word young male could spend the night if the herd life isn't for you. I know for sure that in the Dragon's Throat you are able to come and go as you please, as long as you come when your family needs you." Smiling gently she stepped back once more her long golden tail swishing pleasantly behind her.

"Speech 'Wonderings'
Words: 455
OOC: @[Cheveyo]
Image CreditQuote Credit

Semper

Cheveyo
I went down, down, down as the flames went higher

I watched, amused as the brightly winged mare did as the purple antlered one told her and wandered carefully into the body of water that wasn't far from the clearing in which we had found the blue roan with the odd piece of metal hanging from in between his nostrils. Of course, I wasn't much of one to call anyone "odd" with the painted markings that were strewn across my already naturally painted frame. I drew some odd looks with the fact that I was a canvas both naturally and unnaturally, and I had only met one other so far who's frame was painted like mine. But from his shoulders sprouted massive black wings while antlers sprouted from his forehead much like the purple healer's.
It seemed that the bright bird took non-too kindly too my comment on her herd being a loony bin, but what else did she expect? "I have never heard of these other lands before, but I can tell you about my own. We are as secretive as our title suggests. We are as strong as we are productive. And we are as passionate as we are inviting. We are no loony bin. We are all perfectly capable, able-bodied citizens." My chestnut harks swiveled about as she spoke, the last part obviously pointed in my own direction as I allowed the corners of my rosy kissers to turn up in a grin. Maybe she was right, they could very well be able-bodied, but that didn't mean they were able-minded and clearly my comment had gotten under her skin.
It wasn't until the baffled stallion began to speak that I allowed the thrill of making the mare annoyed to subside ever so slightly. "My choice? I don't even know where anything is. You seem to know the most- no offence, ladies, Cheveyo? You think it'd be best if I go to World's Edge or Hidden Falls?" I smiled softly to the stallion as the healer took a step closer and began her rant on the Throat. She seemed a bit thrown off when I mentioned that Bellona came from a land full of loons, but that didn't stop her pressing the idea of living in the desert down the stallion's throat. I shook my skull slightly as my long blonde tail slapped gently at my ankles and my rosy kissers parted ever so slightly.
"I wish it were as easy as telling you which would be best for you brother...each of the herds is different in their own way." As I spoke I looked between the three of them, as if to show how each of us seemed to stand out a little differently than the other whether it be in looks or personality. I rolled my painted shoulders up into a shrug as I turned my orchid gaze back to the stallion. "I know that the Edge would welcome you with open hearts, and if you chose that it isn't the proper fit for you. You would be able to leave without any hard feelings." I smiled as I allowed that offer to hang in the air, surely he would take the open ended proposition over the binding arrangements that I was nearly certain that the other two would be offering.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; @[Bellona]
Words;; 547
OOC;; Sorry it took me so long guys, was busy and then muse failed for a few days.

Image Credits

please tag Cheveyo!!

Hidden Account
A sneer imprints itself on blue lips at the horned girl's words. Oh, it might hurt a little. How idiotic. Does this healer not realize that the bold woman has endured far greater pain? Amusement stretches over her striped hide, and she chuckles as the herbs unleash their might. Pathetic. In comparison to the poison that seeps from her infected wound, this is nothing.

Her harsh smile does not fade even as she accepts the pulp from Alija's delicate mouth. Sapphire ears remain attentive to the words that fall from the arrogant paint's maw, and colorful locks of hair stir when a crown climbs skyward. Although the peahen finds the bossy doe amusing, she cannot say the same for the rest of her company. Her eyes narrow at the Indian. If the bitter taste of the herbs had not bothered the warrior at first, they certainly do now.

Broad wings lash against her vibrant hide as the bird reacts to the insolent fae with outrage. As much as she yearns to direct her anger towards the paint, her words (which barely suppress her indignation) are directed to the roan.

"I understand that you are confused, but now you're just..." The vixen trails off here, barely able to prevent herself from saying 'useless' before shaking her head. She glares at the struggling boy as her tone shifts from forced civility to unyielding fury.

"I can already see that the cīhuatlahtoāni has hooked her claws in you. But if you ever change your mind, the Falls is to the North of this forest." It appears that the blue male is not the only one who has been baited today, for the volatile beast removes herself from the paint's presence without a single word. She will not give the arrogant fae any further satisfaction.

The seething warrior swings her head around to face the pink. Already anxious to leave, the beautiful instruments at her sides fan out and stir the air. "Thank you for the service, lady." Her words are curt, but the peahen is genuinely grateful for her aid. "I have heard of your lands only once. If your God is a forgiving one, I would like to see them."

Hope flashes briefly in her orange eyes, but the maiden turns before anyone can see it. The muscles lying beneath her hide prepare for take off, and she propels her body forwards even as her gash screams in protest. It takes only a few strides before the bird is able to catch the air with her wings, and she departs from the Earth just as she had joined it: in a bitter mood, and with a hole in her side.

I'm sorry it's so late and so crappy D: Getting back into writing after a vacation is hard! Bellona is out.

cīhuatlahtoāni -- "princess".
@[Harley]

BellonA
image credits

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!

Unregistered
Harley wasn't sure if it was polite to watch the healer work, but he glanced over every now and then, intrigued by the process. It must be unpleasant to lick wounds, he thought. He couldn't stand the smell of blood himself, never mind the taste. Alija spoke once more of the Dragon's Throat, and of the Threshold.
"I don't want to be a loner any more," Harley said in response to her suggestion of him being a wayward young male. He tried not to pull a sceptical face at the mention of family. Dragon's Throat sounded rather sinister. Harley didn't know many stories about dragons, but he was fairly certain they were predators. Why would anyone want to live in a place that reminded them of a great firebreathing beast's gullet? He watched Cheveyo out the corner of his eye. She seemed a little exasperated with her company, in a good-natured sort of way, shaking her head at them.

The stallion looked to Cheveyo as she addressed him once more. World's Edge didn't sound much better than Dragon Throat; why did everything sound so life threatening? But there was a certain appeal to it. He just wished he knew where everything was. The stallion opened his mouth to ask more questions, but flinched at a violent clap of wings. The jewel-coloured mare seemed to have lost patience with him. Given she was still bearing a nasty scratch, perhaps she was just having an awful day and was done trying. Or maybe she was always like this. Either way, Harley was none too endeared by her invitation. She'd clearly been irritated with Alija from the start, and was losing her temper with Harley for being lost, despite all of the mares seemingly being in agreement that lost horses wandering around the threshold was a relatively common phenomenon. Perhaps she would have been beautiful to him, had she not borne an ugly sneer and an uglier disposition for the majority. If she had been trying to play nice before, she hadn't hidden her snide expression very well, and she certainly wasn't trying now. Harley doubted he'd be taking her up on her offer any time soon.

Since his decision had been narrowed down to between Cheveyo's herd and that of the peacock mare, surely it was Alija who was out of the running, not Bellona? Perhaps she'd just had enough of the matter entirely. Oh well, it was clearly no long his problem. In a way, she'd made his decision for him, because as nice as Alija was, it was Cheveyo who was making the most sense.
"Please," he began, "What are these places like? I grew up on a green moor near the sea, I'd like something that reminds me of home. I'd like to be out of this forest as well." His anxiety hadn't improved, the trees still loomed in a threatening manner.

OOC: Fzzzzt. Bang. Writing muse is kaput. I'm sorry :(

Sara95
Call my name and safe me from the dark

Alija stands quietly watching the trio before her speak and freak. It was so weird for the sweet doe to see how different everyone here in Helovia was. The herd she had been born to, was mostly all normal unicorns well besides her mother and Father's odd colored pelts. Curious ears pricked up slightly higher drawing in all the words being said as she worked on the winged mare. She smiled softly as she listened, making herself look like she had nothing to do with their nasty words. Anger as well as negative words were defiantly not held within her heart or soul. The cavity sweet mare carefully watched how she was working the herbs against the broken jeweled hide under her soft mouth.

Once her task was done the mare away from the jeweled Pegasus to stand beside the painted and marked mare. A soft smile was plastered over her pink and white face. The healer loved all that came into contact with her; even if they longed to kill her, she would blame herself. Towering antlers stood like dead branches above her head, the golden chain and pendants glimmered lightly in the warm air.

As the winged mare spoke softly she dipped her head slightly smiling again, "I help any and all in need Miss. I would like to show you my home one day, if you come to the Throat I will gladly show you around." Curiosity swirled through her as the wings wafted the air around the group. She watched as the air mare took flight rising easily into the Tall Sun sky.

When the winged one was clearly out of sight Alija turned towards the painted mare and the stallion. The gentle healer enjoyed the company of Cheveyo she was a blunt and honest speaking female. As the blue stud spoke she tilted her head her smile turning slightly sad as she realized he would not feel at home with her family. Kind features dipped slightly once again before replying to his question, "I do not think my home is what you are looking for. The Dragon's Throat is a desert with one oasis, but it is by the sea." Steel eyes watched the pair quietly just enjoying the company even though she knew he would not become her family. A decision had been made for two of the three here. Dipping her kind face once more she spoke warmly, "It was a pleasure to meet you both, and I hope to see you again." She turned her feminine muzzle slowly towards her left bag and carefully pulled out a few Chamomile leaves and laid them before the ring studded male. "That is Chamomile and will ease your stress." She smiled softly before gazing at the painted and marked mare. "I will take my leave, you are both welcome in the Throat if you ever need help or a new home." Dipped her antlered dome once more she strode passed Harley feeling as if she had just made two more friends within Helovia.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Cheveyo] @[Harley]
Words;; 508
Notes;; Sorry it took so long! Alija is leaving, but will stay if anyone wants her too ^^

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

Semper

Cheveyo
I went down, down, down as the flames went higher

I watched, slightly amused as the annoyance and irritation seemed to bubble over from the bright bird. I had always heard that you couldn't please everyone, but until now I hadn't really met another creature (other than Aurelia) that I wasn't at least tolerant of. But something about the arrogant princess made me think she wasn't worth my time nor my breath. Regardless, it was fun to watch her get her feathers ruffled. My attention was pulled away from the mare briefly as the pierced stallion spoke, his confusion in the situation was clear as day and a light smile crossed over my features. Surely things would make more sense the more time he spent in the wonderful lands of Helovia.
I could remember the confusion of my first day here.
There were words uttered from the bright bird in the antlered mare's direction before large wings were thrust into the air and her exit was made. A sigh slid from my rosy kissers as I shook my white washed skull ever so slightly. "My apologizes Harley, it would have been a shame to see you join them." I couldn't explain my reasoning as that was an experience the roan would have to learn all on his own during his stay in Helovia. The purple mare's voice sprung up, as light and jovial as ever even after the events with her patient. "I do not think my home is what you are looking for. The Dragon's Throat is a desert with one oasis, but it is by the sea. It was a pleasure to meet you both, and I hope to see you again." My chestnut harks swiveled as the mare took a step closer to the roan and dropped leaves in front of him, informing him of what it was and that it would relieve the stress he was feeling. My skull bobbed up and down in a nod as orchid pools settled on the neon mare, a fresh smile lit across my features. "It was a pleasure to meet you Alija. I hope we cross paths again one day." I watched as the mare made her exit before the stallion's deep, but still wary lyrics broke through the bird's song and the sound of buzzing insects.
"Please, what are these places like? I grew up on a green moor near the sea, I'd like something that reminds me of home. I'd like to be out of this forest as well." My attention returned to the blue stallion as I wondered where to begin with my description of my wonderful home. My blonde tail swayed against my ankles as I took a careful step towards the stallion, now that it was just the two of us it felt awkward standing in what had once been a half circle around him. Harks flicked forwards as my vocal chords began to vibrate and words fell from gently parted kissers. "The Edge is a forest at first, but the further into the land you get the less dense it becomes and eventually you reach a beautiful field of green that meets the ocean. But the ocean is hard for those like us to reach as a cliff drops off at the end of the pasture, it is quite a view though and beaches are not a far travel from the borders." I rolled my shoulders up in a shrug as I looked away from the stallion momentarily before allowing more words to fall from my kissers. "Although I am the only one left of the original crowd here, do not feel obligated to follow me back to my home. You may choose to join noone and wander about the lands for some time, but that may only add to your confusion." I looked back to the stallion with a smile spread across my features, hoping that the pierced stallion would decide to follow me home...surely the Edge would find something to do with the nervous brute.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; @[Harley]
Words;; 668
OOC;;

Image Credits

please tag Cheveyo!!

Unregistered
The remaining mares seemed indifferent to Bellona's rather dramatic exit. Perhaps they were used to the flourish, especially if pegasus were common here. Harley flicked an ear to listen to the comment Cheveyo had been holding back until the pegasus was out of earshot.
"It would have been a shame to see you join them." He didn't question her opinion. Not all herds were good herds, and given Bellona was not so sweet tempered, he decided it was best not ask why she seemed so bitter. The stallion watched the pegasus's receding silhouette until she was lost in the sky, then turned back to the group.

Alija also seemed to be taking her leave. Harley respectfully bowed his head to her.
He couldn't quite place what he liked about the unicorn, but he did. She seemed nice. Alija delved into the bags Harley hadn't really had a good look at thus far. Were those comfortable to wear? Not that he could comment with a piece of metal rammed through his septum. He watched curiously as she placed some leaves at his feet. Chamomile. The stallion wasn't sure he was feeling that stressed, just a bit bewildered by the appearance of three bickering females, but he thanked her anyway.
"Thank you, I appreciate the offer. Maybe I'll visit, I've never seen a desert before." Alija dipped her head as they bade their farewells to her. She brushed past him and disappeared into the forest. It surprised him that despite her bright features, her dark pelt was quickly lost in the shadows.

Harley glanced over Cheveyo. Seemed like his choice had been made for him. The mare approached him and began describing her herd's territory. He listened attentively, trying to picture it.
"I like the sound of it," he replied softly, nodding his head. It sounded a lot like his home, although the moors had rolled less jarringly into sand dunes, and then a beach rather than cliffs. But going to the ocean had taken a long walk when he was a foal, he liked the idea of being closer. Cheveyo continued, although he didn't know what she meant by "original crowd", he had to agree he didn't like the sound of wandering around Helovia like a lost sheep.
"I think I'll go with you," Harley continued once she was done, "How far is it?" He still had a lot of questions, and hoped the paint wouldn't be irritated by his inquisitiveness. "Who leads the herd? And um..." The stallion lowered his voice a little, embarrased, "What's a desert?"

Semper

I stood by silently as I watched the interaction between the cream antlered mare and the pierced stallion before the first made her exit into the wild world of Helovia that the startled seeming stallion had somehow managed to get thrown head first into. She seemed nice enough, kinder than the other company we had, her exit was also much less dramatic which was easy and pleasing. I would be glad to run into her again one day, although the same couldn't be said for the brightly colored peacock with the bad attitude.
As the purple's frame disappeared from view I took a few small steps closer to the stallion who it seemed would be going back to the Edge with me where he could decide from there where exactly he would go. It seemed as if the blue stallion was pleased with my description of the beautifully misty lands of the World's Edge, which he would soon discover was aptly named with the sudden drop off into the rocky ocean below. "I think I'll go with you, how far is it? Who leads the herd? And um...What's a desert?" I was a little surprised by the stallion's sudden onslaught of questions, but they were easy to answer as neither of them were about myself. But surely that would come one day when he wasn't so flustered by the events of the last few minutes.
A light chuckle escaped from my rosy kissers as I made eye contact with the handsome stallion. "It isn't a far travel from here, a few hours at most." Of course the time it took us to get there all depended on how many questions the stallion would ask on the way there, and how quickly he could move without growing overly tired. A soft smile lit across my white washed features as I went to answer the rest of Harley's questions. "The leaders are Kahlua the Sunshower and Kaj the Stormbringer, they are kind and just and lead the herd more like a family than some kind of military operation. They make wonderful leaders and the Moon goddess couldn't have chosen better, in my opinion." I hoped the roaned stallion would end up agreeing with me and choosing to remain in the Edge for as long as possible. My harks flicked forward at the stallion's final question, he had never seen a desert? Was he a creature of the north then, where the growth of everything seemed stunted by the cold temperatures?
I cleared my throat as I thought of how to explain the terrain of a desert to the newcomer without it seeming as if I thought the stallion to be a fool. "A desert is a land that is nearly always very hot during the day, and the temperature goes down quite a bit in the night. It's all sandy, and very few plants survive. The ones that do are normally coated in a layer of prickles that are quite uncomfortable to touch." I smiled softly at the stallion as my blonde tail snapped against my ankles and my rosy kissers began to shift once more. "Do you have any more questions, Harley? Or should we begin our trek?" I was more than willing to stand here and answer any of the millions of questions the stallion had, but the idea of waiting until we were safe inside the borders of the Edge was much nicer than remaining here in the Threshold where anyone could show up.

"Words words words."

Tag;; @[Harley]
Words;; 585
OOC;; Sorry it took me so long...no tag so I didn't realize you had replied.

please tag Cheveyo!!

Unregistered
Harley shifted uncomfortably on his feet as Cheveyo came closer still. It wasn't that he didn't like her, not at all, he was still just a little flinchy around unfamiliar horses. Mares usually didn't pose much of a threat to him, but one could never be certain... She seemed thrown for a second when he found his voice and started asking questions. Perhaps he'd asked too many at once. Well, how else was he going to learn anything? Harley relaxed a little as Cheveyo laughed it off and indulged his curiosity. He was relieved that it would be a relatively brief journey in comparison to the weeks-long trudge it had taken to get this far. He'd hit the boundary, he could stand to walk a little further.

Harley repeated the names of the leaders in his mind, trying to commit them to memory. They weren't exactly mouthfuls, so he had that in his favour. The epithets intrigued him, and he couldn't help but ponder their meaning. Stormbringer suggested power and an affinity for the elements, probably referencing the storms that would whip the sea into a frenzy and batter the cliffs they were heading towards. Sunshower was trickier to decipher. All it brought to mind were legends that sunshowers could be counted as good or bad omens. Any superstitions Harley's herd held were old folk tales, they were blurred, vague and didn't really mean a great deal other then half-hearted optimism for good fortune.
"The Moon goddess," Harley echoed. He didn't comment and allowed his tone to betray nothing, not in the mood to debate, especially when he knew nothing about this mysterious entity, but couldn't help but feel a little sceptical. He'd never been influenced by any deities nor witnessed any religious ceremonies, but he supposed he would find out more once they got there.
"It sounds wonderful," he said finally. The stallion warmed at the idea of having a family again, he'd gone without for far too long.

Next, Cheveyo described the desert. Excluding the extreme heat, which Harley only knew very briefly in the summer, it sounded comparable to an already familiar framework in his memory. Soft sandy terrain? Sparse prickly plants? Harley nodded, understanding dawning on him, "I see! It's a beach! I mean.. like a beach." There had been a long sandy beach with prickly, spiky dune vegetation about half a day's trek from his windswept moor. The plants had been fat and succulent but salty, spiky, and tough, clinging fiercely to their precious fresh water. His mother and the other mares had all too frequently warned him about straining himself in the deeper sand, but where it was more compact, he and his friend used to race at a hard gallop along the shore. He'd met his father there a couple of times too. Cheveyo asked if there was anything else, snapping him out of his reverie, and the roan stallion shook his head.

"I can walk and talk," he said quietly. He was retreating a little now, embarrassed once he realised he was wasting the mare's time. She'd rather get going, and he could understand that. These woods weren't especially dangerous or creepy, but the sooner Harley could escape them, the better he'd feel. If a lot of outsiders came in through here, it might not be long before someone else stumbled upon them, and that could be bad. Besides, he was eager to see the World's Edge, whatever on earth that meant. Was there something special that distinguished these cliffs enough for such a dramatic name? Harley supposed only time would tell.
"Aye, we should get going, right? Lead on?" He jerked his head in a vague direction, gesturing for the mare to start walking.

OOC: @[Cheveyo] Where the fricklefrack did the response to this go. I swear I had it and posted it. I'm so tired and life and blah excuses. I'm so sorry.

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
Hello Snap!

I am sorry you have been waiting a while for a reply. If you PM this account, I can make sure to change your rank so that you can continue on the other boards.

@[Harley]