the Rift

[PRIVATE] Swaping gifts for glass

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia

The cremello mare moved away from her friend her mouth full of plants. She was trying really hard not to bite to hard so her alabaster teeth wouldn't mar the yarrow and dandelion plants and leaves. Smiling brightly around her plants the mare moved as quickly as her swollen belly would allow. Luckily she wasn't to far from the World's Edge boundaries; she could smell the herd already. As she neared the lands she slowed to an ungraceful stop and lowered her arched neck carefully dropping her plants. She called out warmly hoping Dragomir would be close by. Penna screech loudly, he was sure that coming this close to the herd and calling out for anyone to hear. ’Surely I don't look like a threat as big as I am with herbs.' Doubt flashed through her for a second before she shoved the thoughts away. Swishing her tail at a few flies that were biting at her tender flesh.

Honey brown eyes gazed down at all the plants she had gathered hoping it would be enough to make their deal. Brisa had helped her gather this and learn all about these marvelous plants. Smiling again she thought about how she and her friend were both expecting, some how she would have to get their foals together sometime. Sighing as her baby kicked and swiveled she turned to look at her cremello painted body. Why was carrying so hard for the mare and not the stallion? How come he got to prance around thin as always enjoying running and what not without carrying the baby? Grumbling she turned back to the land in front of her.

"Speach" ’Thoughts’
Words: 275 @[Dragomir] @[Brisa]
OOC: This is set back in Bird song so Dragomir can make her wing bands <3

image credits
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
DRAGOMIR
The painted boy had been lingering along the borders for a while, carrying with him the supplies necessary for the completion of the agreement he had come to with a mare called Parelia. His gourd rested at his hooves, leaning against the straight pillars of his legs, filled with a large number of the blue stones she had indicated a fondness for and some pale blue cerulean pieces to tint the rest of the glass with. He would need her here to properly fit them, but as a tradesman, he had assured he was going to receive what he’d asked for before creating the items for her.

The scent of the mare, infused with pregnancy hormones and the green smell of that land just north of the Threshold, meets his nostrils and draws his lips downward to grasp at his container before he sets off after the general direction from which the scent wafts. He silently berates himself for not having chosen a more easterly waiting point, but the time it takes to discover her is short and he paints his usual cheerful (albeit shy) smile on his face as he stops before the ivory and sky toned mare.

Arranged at her hooves are many different types of herbs, for which he is grateful because it means his preparations were not in vain. Lifting his eyes from the pile of plants, he clears his throat with a short rumble and begins the process of greeting and completing what they are both here for. "Good afternoon," he says cordially after returning his gourd to the earth, "thank you for bringing the herbs." His nod is sincere, if the light in his gaze doesn’t portray as much already; he half expected to wait here for weeks and not see hide nor hair of the pretty pegasus mare.

She’s gotten broader in the time between their last meeting and this one, pregnancy a strange and foreign thing that happens to women and baffles him for the most part – but she does smell good, as if she’s been saturated in spring and warm feelings of comfort and love. He wonders if all pregnant mares smell this way.

"I’ve got all the things I’ll need here if you are ready to start," he adds, deep voice friendly and excited to begin work – its one of the few things in his monotonous life that gives him a sense of truly belonging and doing what one is meant to be doing.

@[Brisa]

CrafteR
world's edge
Image Credit
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

It had been great to talk to one of her long lost friends that she had not seen since the fateful day they had met. The smell of the mare's blood laced the memory heavily as she recalled finding Parelia broken, bloody and beaten. There had been times that she had thought the worst would happen to the poor girl but regardless she had stood by her side until help had arrived. The event that lead to such injuries was still a mystery to the grey fae but despite not knowing who the painted mare was she had felt the desire to help her. Perhaps it was in reaction to knowing what it was like to lay there broken and beaten without a soul to help you, that had been her one too many times before. There was no way she could have just walked away leaving her to likely be claimed by the reaper. The more she thought of it the more she was starting to realize her position as a nurse was no chance happening this was what she was destined to do.

Ambling along with her swollen belly swaying she eventually decided to turn for home in the hopes of getting some rest if her child was going to let her that is. One could always hope right? Hearing joyous voices ahead her harks swiveled forward as her plump painted friend came into sight once again this time accompanied by Dragomir their talented crafter that she had yet to meet in person. Hopefully the pile of herbs would suit his needs and satisfy the payment for whatever Pare was getting made. Come to think of it, she had never actually watched a crafter work their magic well other than Kahlua that is. Perhaps Dragomir might allow her to watch as he worked? As she neared a friendly nicker escaped her throat as she swatted her tail towards Parelia playfully. " You should just stay here you know, it would eliminate the need for traveling back and forth." She teased gently a lopsided smile plastered across her face.

Looking over the Dragomir she nodded politely before speaking once more. "Hello, you must be Dragomir correct? I have heard much of your work yet have not gotten the chance to meet you."

Brisa talks
Aeolus talks
Levex talks

•• TAGS: @[Parelia], Dragomir •• NOTES: -- ••

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

The painted stud didn't make the cow sized mare wait long for his appearance. ’He must have been waiting for me.' Smiling brightly her honey orbs gazed over the carrying thing he was holding in his mouth. Excitement bubbled up within her as she gazed at the pretty blue stones in them drawing a thought to the surface. ’I'll ask him about it in a minute.' His voice is a sweet rumble, like the promise of rain on a sweltering Tall Sun day. Her own vocals swam forth, ""Greetings Dragomir, it's nice to see you again." Smiling she paused, "It's the least I could do to pay you for the work you're going to do for me." Her eyes sparkled happily her swollen sides shifted as her baby moved around. "I brought about fifteen Yarrow leaves, and about the same amount of Dandelion plants, I hope that's enough." Feeling a little doubtful she smiled hopefully up into he handsome face.

The mare was hoping he would want to start right away, but she wasn't completely sure. A sudden familiar nicker stroked her ears and she looked up joy coursing through her. "Brisa long time now see!" Her jingling laugh bubbled forth a joyous sound as she joked with her friend. Brisa's long white tail gently smacked her buttocks causing her to flick her own teal and cream tail towards her. "Yes Brisa this is Dragomir, and Dragomir this is my dear friend Brisa." This was the happiest she had been in a long time, since living in the Hidden Falls was worrying her like crazy. Bobbing her dainty dome her smile still plastered onto her features, "Yes I'm ready to start as soon as you are!" Shifting her massive form so he could see her wings more easily she added nervously, "I don't know if it matters, but I also have fire magic. Maybe you could do something with that, if not don't worry about it!" She added embarrassed not wanting to seem pushy or rude. Surely he had enough work ahead of him as it was, but maybe he would be able to help.

"Speach" ’Thoughts’
Words: 355 @[Dragomir] @[Brisa]
OOC: <3

image credits

Bunnie
DRAGOMIR
He nods in agreement that it is a pleasant enough experience to see her again, himself less vivacious in nature than the painted mare and thus remain silent but smiling through her coursing of words. From his experience, most women are a lot of words and flashy smiles, batting lashes and sweet smells; it’s no different with the gentler sex of foreign herds as it is in the Edge, he surmises with a faint glow added to his grin. His own weight shifts restlessly beneath him in his growing anxiety, realizing that he knew nothing at all of the stores the healers currently had that would allow him to say whether or not it would suffice. He did at least know the name of yarrow, and could vouch that they were useful, but he knew little of the medical purposes of dandelion.

His slow blink of thought spares him enough time to allow Brisa to enter with her friendly nicker of greeting, the stallion turning his face to see the approach of another pale and child laden mare. It seems the two know each other which is of great relief to the large bay crafter – he doesn’t excel in the social arts and is loathe to have to limp a conversation along between two women, and it is most beneficial that the ladies themselves may carry on most of the talk on their own with little input on his behalf.

The words are playful and draw a more vibrant tone to his smile, his eyes flickering from one woman to the other and landing on Brisa as she inquired as to who he was. He nods hello, even as Parelia delves into the introductions on her own; filing away the woman’s name for later reference, knowing her from the herd meetings and occasional sightings to be one of the healers of the herd. His nose points towards the heap of herbs that Parelia had brought with her, his gruff and deep voice rumbling out into the air. "Those are for you and the other gardeners, but you can stay to see me work if Parelia does not mind," he explains, turning his focus back to the painted mare as she continued to speak.

He notes her nervousness and replies to her suggestion with a smile that is gentle and understanding, shaking his head no as he steps forward and rests his gourd on the ground between Parelia’s side and himself. "I don’t think it will be necessary at this time," he doesn’t mean to sound rude but realizes once its out that he does, a hesitation following his words that is quickly followed by the rushed sound of the rest, "but I’ll remember it should I need help in the future." Shuffling his gourd around with his hoof, he stares intently at the wing joint for a moment before clearing his throat.

"If you’ll lift the wing up as high as it will go…" he says as he reaches into his collection of stones and pulls out a sliver of turquoise and another chunk of the aquamarine, waiting for her to oblige him before balancing the two stones along the top of her joint line, repeating the process until he held up several stones with his nose and closed his eyes tight. Speaking softly so as not to lose the balance he’d managed, he takes a moment to explain before he begins, "Hold very still and be silent," his voice murmurs as his eyes shut, and his focus builds.

He sees them in his mind, the encircling shape of the glass and the precise thickness and dimensions they will need to allow her to fly with them on, beginning the process by creating a band of glass the approximate width and shape he desires. He’ll go back in once they are in place and tested for fit and add decoration – maybe some flames, and detailed along the borders with small bits of the turquoise he’d have left after making each band.

Along the wing joint, a shimmering light builds, as if thousands of stars wreath the wing and the stones he has laid against it and holds with his muzzle, a faint lining of sweat accumulating in the folds of his body as he focuses his will and brings the glass into being while spreading the color of the stones throughout it. When he opens his eyes, it is in place, shining and perfect.

"Test the wing to see if it still moves freely before I move on to the next one," he asks with some force, not tactful enough to ask kindly and be gentle in his suggestions, "I’ll do some detail work once they’ve both been fitted properly."

@[Brisa]
CrafteR
world's edge
Image Credit
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Looking with interest at all the things that Dragomir had before him she could only wonder how he could ever make such beautiful items from all the pieces. She had never been the most creative when it came to designing things so to her the craft was virtually unknown to her. The basis of what she knew was related to the healing medicine that she had picked up from Aly and Res. If not for them she probably would have never happened into the field in the first place but she was enjoying learning it all from each and everyone of their talented healers. Nothing was ever black and white there were many shades of colours laid out in between that you needed to dig deeper to find.

Listening as Parelia spoke about what she was getting crafted she came across a piece of information that came as a surprise to her. Parelia had magic, and it was very similar to that of her own! Excitement bubbled inside her at the thought of finally having someone she could talk to about their type of magic. Maybe there were certain tricks that she had figured out that helped to control it and make use of it. Biting her tongue to stop the flood of questions from sliding out she watched patiently until Dragomir spoke to her. " Much appreciated, I will add them to our herb box for everyone to make use of." She commented gratefully.

" I would love to stay and watch if everyone is ok with that." Smiling happily her eyes were drawn to the beautiful gems that Dragomir now fiddled with. Groaning softly she shifted feeling her baby twist around uncomfortably. Why was her baby so annoying as of lately? Maybe she was underestimating when she was actually due. The thought sent a flicker of fear through her mind at the possibility she absolutely hated not knowing things like this. Shaking off the feeling she turned her mind back to watching what was going on before her.

Brisa talks
Aeolus talks
Levex talks

•• TAGS: @[Parelia] Dragomir •• NOTES: I apologize for the wait. ••

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Smiling warmly she watched the two considering both of them friends, one new one old. The cremello painted mare takes notice of the new glint to Dragomir's smile, but she doesn't say anything about it; for fear of embarrassing him. His words draw a reply from her own lips, "I don't mind at all if you stay and watch Brisa." Parelia watches as the painted stallion picks up his ingenious carrying thing and moves towards her. The excitement in her chest bubbles up even more as he moves closer, but is quickly pushed back down at his words. She knew she shouldn't feel disappointed, but it was hard not to feel that twinge in her kind heart. Biting back a sigh the winged mare watches the stallion.

She obliges his request by lifting her wing closest to him as high as she could reach it. The feathers rippled slightly in the soft breeze, exposing the empty place her a large teal feather should have been. Anger flashes through her white hot and she fights to keep the flames down even though they are screaming to erupt over her athletic body. This would help keep her precious appendages safe from another attack. Ever since that day she kept her guard up always searching for another that might be lurking around the corner. Penna also helped to keep his bonded safe, with his ability to keep watch over the land below him, and feed her emotions with calm thoughts.

Keeping her wing steady as he worked wasn't as easy as you would think. The desire to watch what he was doing was every difficult to fight. She could feel what he was doing though and that was enough to keep her from twisting towards him. Honey eyes were flashing excitedly as the glass slowly formed around her scared joint. The light that comes from her side makes the mare have to fight the feelings to look around. Smiling brightly as she is given permission to move and look. Careful not to hit the two equines she bends and flexes the cream and teal feathered wing. "It feels perfect Dragomir!" Her voice bubbles forth dripping with he joy pumping through her body. She could easily feel the extra weight on her wing, but it was light and comforting, warm from her own body heat. "If you want I'll turn for you so you don't have to pick up your carrier." She smiled brightly unable to help her muzzle reaching towards him thanking him with her body langue. His untactful words are dismissed easily, she understands completely that he has just used a lot of focus and energy helping her, no protecting her.

"Speach" ’Thoughts’ "Ilios Speaks"
Words: 449 @[Brisa]
OOC: It's ok <3

image credits

Bunnie
DRAGOMIR
He lets the pegasus answer the equine’s question for him; her presence won’t effect the outcome of the piece so long as she stays quiet and doesn’t bother him while he works, and if Parelia trusts her not to ruin her trinkets, then Dragomir will as well. His nod mirrors the agreement given by the effervescent, winged mare, and as he settles into the smell of their pregnant bodies and the spring warmth and slowly draws on his will, he almost feels at peace despite Parelia’s strangeness and his usual nerves that arise when dealing with acquaintances.

And then the work begins, and they become a background color to the fantastic glimmering of the glass as it comes to life, feeling his breath escape him hot and relieved as he steps away and the mare flexes her appendage of flight. With a bit of reservation knitted into his throat, he looks on the display with the hope that all will go well, his relieved smile blooming when she exclaims that he has done a wonderful job in fitting them over the joint. She offers to turn for him to continue working, and after a short pause, he nods in agreement. "That works," he says, "just let me get the pattern on this one first and then we can rotate around to do the other one if we’re to do it that way." Nodding again before he turns down to his gourd, he pulls out a large chunk of turquoise and holds it against his tongue as he looks at the band, imagining the bend of flames along its curvature and a band on its outer edge, where he will bubble up the glass to take the color of the stone in his mouth.

Holding it fast to a position on the band, he takes a deep breath and focuses his will once more. The stone as well as the glass begins to sparkle, and he wonders if it is hot or feels like nothing against Parelia’s skin for but a second before the magic consumes his focus and his thoughts; moving the chunk of turquoise along the band and down to the bottom once the top is complete, all the facets of the stone are soon in place, leaving him with the etched, rune-like fire he sees in his mind. The surface of the band glitters and burns with starlight, cooling into its smooth, teal state with new etchings to add to their prettiness, and his pent up will escapes him the form of a sigh and the flickering of his pale blue eyes into openness.

"You may turn now," he says, his deep voice showing the first signs of the weariness that sweeps through him from the use of his magic, though he still has quite a bit more work in him for the day and is eager to see it complete.

@[Brisa]
CrafteR
world's edge
Image Credit
Wishlist | Table Tracker