the Rift

[OPEN] Look what the drunk brought home [Closed]

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
Rostislav
Of course, when the journey back to the falls is full of me trying to fill the silence, it seems much longer than normal, or longer than it normally is. By the time the two of us have made it down the path into the valley of the Hidden Falls herdland, I find myself once again disgruntled. I am not a social butterfly. I have found myself feeling better about Serene, now that she's been following, but I still have been pushing it on the talking. I've explained that Midas is our painted pegasus king, and that he is a very kind and fair spirit. I've explained that Seele is our queen, and that she is a sneaky, sly (redundant much?) mare who sometimes makes my skin get all creepy and crawly. (A compliment, really.) The mare hasn't spoken too much in return, but perhaps that is because she is absorbing all of the information I have fed her. Or whatever I can. I tell her that the Falls is a beautiful land, very green and full of life. Though the path down to it is treacherous, those who are familiar with it can easy find the true, sturdy way up and down. There is a pool, oasis of sorts in the middle of the land, and cliffs that surround us. It is a welcoming herd, and can always use new members. I don't tell her, of course, that our numbers are pathetically low right now and we are actually desperate for members. I suggest that we need more spies, warriors, and perhaps another healer. She doesn't tell me what she would like to be, and I don't press her. It may be good for her to ponder over what role she would like to take.

Damaris follows up behind us. She is more relaxed than before, but still keeps a close eye on Serene. I send calming thoughts to the hellhound, soothing her with the idea that all is well. When we have reached the bottom of the path, I call out to whomever may be listening - Midas, Seele, anyone.... Take the lady and show her around - I'm not sure I feel like playing recruiter AND tour guide/host today. That's a little much for my interpersonal skills to handle.

I turn my head to look back at the red and black mare. Well, this is it. The Hidden Falls.

Walk. Talk.
@[Serene], @[Midas], @[Seele]
Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Serene Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Serene
"If I've destroyed everyone else, then at least I have the stars"

They had covered a lot of ground, Serene walked behind him, the hell hound eyes watching her every movement. She listened intently as he told her about the Hidden Falls. She didn't speak much, the mare just soaked in his words like a sponge, so she didn't need to say anything. When they got close, she cautiously made her way down to level ground. This trip wasn't nearly as bad as she thought, she had found a small puddle of water and that tied her thirst and the scenery was enjoyable. She painted a picture In her head, thinking about the Place that would now be called her home, surely she would fit in, Rostisalv seemed to talk very fondly of the place.

This is it, this is the Hidden Falls Her ears perked forward and her red eyes scanned the breathtaking view, Rostislav let out a whinny calling for Midas or Seele she guessed. Serene wasn't scared, she never showed her fear but she was a little anxious to meet the queen and king. "Thank you for helping me, and leading me here" she said quietly, but loud enough for him to hear, she hated showing gratitude but the stallion deserved that much. She waited for someone to return his call, "What do I do now?" She asked, not really expecting an answer, he seemed like he was tired and wanted to leave, but she understood. Serene was tired herself, he hooves where cracked with the extensive amount of travel, but she didn't complain.

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
[Image: 53c23221eee99]
I watched from a patrolling point on an edged cliff as my Legatus came from the distant hills; his coming from direction hinted upon a visitation from the threshold, further evident by the ebony stranger which was keeping him company. It seemed that those trips beyond our walls had finally bore fruit. Fina soars overhead, flaming wings caught the fading sun; she zones in on the tiny duo and treats me to eagle eye vision. The girl was short and delicately build, evidently carrying more years than an adolescent by the manner which she held body confidently aloft.

They crossed through the cave and beyond the other side. Fina shrieked suddenly. I blinked, trembling and returning to the solid stone beneath me; the weight of this frame settled upon my spirit, my mind slowly reeled itself back in from the dizzying speed at which I’d shared with Fina. Raptor claws sunk into my quarters, a soft giggle filled this mind, “Aye, aye, aye.” She cooed approvingly, “Thee is getting better at that.”

I lifted my lids and glanced back at the flame kissed avian, she smiled as only a predator bird could. Beak slightly ajar and eyes flashing brilliant blue, “Yar,” I muttered in agreement, flicking locks against flanks as if to halt some invisible bug from taking a bite.

Sharing the same vision was difficult, tiring even.

It was then that I heard him call, beckoning me to come visit with the newcomer. I lingered on the cliff for a moment, debating and gazing out across the valley. Fina tightened her grip on my flank, painfully pinching the flesh, “Better go,” she advised, “He won’t stop bellowing otherwise.” A sigh whelped past my lips, ivory feathers unfurled as frame turned toward the rocky edge.

Moments later I was gliding down to meet them, with a certain phoenix following close behind. A semi forced smile appeared to replace my calm, (nobody is home look), “Welcome, Legatus.” Daggers touched earth, where toes met soil—ground shifted to a shining honey before vanishing as I took steps forward to close the buffer between us. “and ye as well.” The fire child alighted across my spine, glancing first at the lady whom I was greeting, before falling upon Damaris with a painted smile of pure mischief.

[Image: 53c231fe00a58]
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Rostislav
She doesn't appear to have done a poor job making her way down the path to the valley. I note this with approval. If she's going to fit in here she should be a fast learner and be ready to get to work soon. With a mental prod from Damaris, I realize that perhaps I am being too demanding for the mare. After all, she did just get here, and my high expectations may be due to being in a poor mood. I try to let the feels go and not be such a grouch, but sometimes that's asking a lot of a poor boy. To my great surprised, she says something that rather helps. My lobes swivel back behind me as they pick up her soft words. I turn my head around, white eyes betraying no emotion. You're quite welcome. It's all I can manage, and all that really needs to be said anyway. I didn't expect any thanks, nor am I sure I actually deserve any. That being said, I appreciate that there is somebody on the planet that can say a kind word to me without.. obligation. I don't think the mare seems obligated.. but then, I'm not always good at reading the ladies lately. Perhaps I'm missing something.

I'm not left to dwell on the moment any longer as the painted pegasus flies down before me, his phoenix companion in tow. I bow my head politely to them both, and when I raise it a mellow smile had found its way onto my maw. Though something seems.. distant.. about Midas today, I don't press it. We can't all be 100% all the time. Not even the golden-tipped one. A pleasure Midas, Fina. May I present Serene. Serene, Midas and his companion Fina. I gesture back to the ebony mare behind me, presenting her much more formally to my king than I expected. Oh well, no harm in doing things right for a change.

Damaris finally joins me at my side after lurking for so long behind Serene. I reach down and affectionately lip the top of her head with my velvets. She wags her tail, but her attention has settled solely on Fina. Her tongue lolls to the side as she pants, the sun sinking through her dark fur. She remembers Fina vaguely from the warriors' race, and wonders now what the pretty flaming bird is up to. I return my attention to the equines around me, but I find that my heart has lifted significantly, bolstered by the pup's energy and general cheerfulness.

Walk. Talk.
@[Serene]
Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
You want to know what the question is? The question is why are we awake when we just spent most of the night patrolling the border of the Falls! It seems as though one of our members cannot go without screaming in the gentle hours of this afternoon.

A groan escapes her lips before she pulls herself forward, all of us are swarming around in her head, fighting for which one will be the one to show the most control at the moment. Alas, it seems that I have won - so it will be a moment of kindness that will come forth. After all, all that I had to do was wait for them to knock each other into submission before I crawled forth. I was, of course, the weakest of them all - but I was the kindest of them all, and sometimes Seele needed that dose of sweetness.

Her legs shuffled forwards towards the call, and when she arrived she pulled up beside the winged figure of Midas. "Afternoon, Rostislav and Midas." There was a pause as she glanced over towards the black mare with the red mane and tail. I only pet her ego, soothing her and forcing her to stay sweet. Rosti had been speaking when she had pulled up, so instead of asking who she was she simply nodded toward the red mare with no offering of her name yet. "What would you like to do?" she inquired. Well, it could have been worded better but at least it was something. There was a snort as I reminded Seele she should offer her name, and with a minor amount of muttering under her breath, "I am Seele, the Necromancer," she explained before keeping herself near Midas while her presence demanded some form of respect.

Normal
Voices
"Speech"
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Unregistered

Serene

Serene watched as the painted pegasus and his stunning companion made their way over. She wondered where he came from his accent seeming Irish. Another mare joined the group, her appearance was unique but Serene liked the colors, the hues of red striking on her black coat. What would you like to do? So she would have a choice, but surely the mare didn't expect her to know what options there are? Guess not. "Well first off, I'm Serene" She dipped her head at both of the equines, but then her red eyes drifted towards Seele "And secondly, I'd like to know what I could do to be of help" She said evenly, she was proud of how the words came out. It was such a weird environment for Serene to be in, a place where she wasn't in control, and what she said and does matter.

She thought about what she could see herself being, she always wanted to be the horse that everyone would want to be in their presence. Now she had to work much harder then she ever would have to earn a worthy title. She wanted to be a spy or look out of some sort, if they had such thing available, Serene was always good at blending in with other people or using her feminism to get information out of her victims. Yes, a spy would be a very good job for her, one that she would enjoy doing. Serene waited for the next equine to say something, her ears erect with interest. So far, she found herself enjoying the view of the hidden falls, and the horses that where within it didn't seem so bad either.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Rostislav returns my greeting and announces the new arrival as Serene. While his jaws are waggling, a certain colead comes weaving through the forest. She is the picture of elegance and pose, holding head high and with strong confidence. Fina resists the urge to scowl as remembrance of our last conversation came forward in my mind. I lean aside, allowing crown to dip toward armored chest; with chin lightly tapping the gem below in a traditional soldiers salute, “Afternoon,” I replied cordially, pausing only to turn attention back on the quiet woman who’d scarcely had a chance to speak with all our formalities.

Serene takes the lead rather smoothly, becoming a confirming echo of what my Legatus had just announced. She didn’t answer Seele directly, “Tis would depend on what thee is already talented in.” The delicate woman didn’t appear to be well suited for battle (at least not physically); but I’d also seen leaner and daintier girls stomp the skulls of those thrice their size (best not to pass quick judgment), “Does ye have any experience in battle, spying or healing?” Those are three areas in the herd that seemed most lacking; we’d certainly not turn away another naturally endowed crafter—but our offensive and defensive bodies seemed to be shrinking in number lately.

Helovia had one certainty, trouble was brewing somewhere in this world. Even if we couldn’t see ahead. This heart knew it was only a matter of time until the latest of threats came to our doorstep. Be it in the form of another illness, darkness or even the war drums of stomping feet…We’d need to be prepared for anything.

Rostislav
My purpose for being here is quickly disappearing as Seele appears soon after Midas. I rest a hind leg, taking little to no interest in what is now going on. More introductions.. Why are you here, what's your name, what do you want to do. And so on and so forth. Obviously leadership would never be my forté, and that's okay with me. Seele jumps right into the conversation, kind enough to greet myself and Midas on her way. Well.. that's an improvement. In some of our first meetings she held an obvious disdain for me, but then when Bellona joined the herd, she seemed much less patronizing and instead offered me a bit of polite courtesy. It's not that I'm not used to being rude and others being rude to me, but it is a nice change when your ruling lady decides you might be worth the time of day. Midas rejoins after Seele, and they're wrapped up in their recruitment spiel. I wonder if Serene is overwhelmed by the sudden presence of BOTH rulers. As I glance at her, however, I see that she seems to be handling herself quite well. She certainly doesn't need me to stick up for her.

I ponder the idea of staying a moment and letting the conversation play out naturally, myself included in it. A yawn finds its way from my chest up to my suddenly parting lips - it's so big my jaw hurts afterward. Nope.. nope it's definitely time to leave. Staying would not do me any good, nor would it do anyone else any good. Much better to get the hell outta here. I bow my head courteously to the group as a whole, briefly interrupting the flow of budding conversation. I do not believe I am needed any further. If you require me.. just call. I wink at the leaders. They surely both know by now that I am not hard to find. I nod silently to Serene and give her a parting 'good luck' before turning tail and heading to who knows where. Somewhere where I can lie down and rest without any care in the world. Damaris bounds after me and past, supposedly finding just such a spot. Now THAT'S a good companion!

Walk. Talk.

Top Shelf Sexy Badass
Image Credit

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Abba
She repeated her name and I supposed that was fine, however it was her question which rung around in both of our skulls. What she could do to help? It was not what they could do for her, but what she could do for them. Already, I liked her, and Seele was at least indifferent about the mare before her - finding no reason to chase her back out into the lands around us.

Midas got to speak before me, though, which I supposed was fine. He only asked what the mare before us knew already and I let out a gentle puff of agreement before my eyes trailed to our Legatus. With his graceful bow he says his goodbyes before offering a wink and beginning to shuffle off deep into our lands. "We will let you know, Rostislav. Be well," it was becoming a greeting that was customary for her to say. After all, should someone not be well when terror strikes things would not end up going as they could.

Gently, she allows her yellow orbs to pull back towards the black mare before her. "What he has said. Where do your strengths lie, neue? It would be best that you joined those ranks rather than trying to teach you a new one," she explained, shuffling her feet a little. It was time to see what the gift was which Rostislav had brought (even if he had forgotten the bow, which really was a shame - doesn't he know bows are an integral part to the present?).

Normal
Voices
"Speech"

@[Serene]

Translation
Neue - newcomer
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Unregistered

Serene

Serene listened to the words of 3 equines, a soft nicker escaping her lips has Rostisalv dismissed himself. When Midas spoke her focus sharpened as he mentioned a spy, that is the position she would prefer, a soldier taken second place. Healing definitely wasn't her forte, she knew only bits about it and wouldn't ever be useful in the medical side of things. Serene understood Seele's words, training her to do something she has never done before would be wasteful and useless. "I believe that I find spying my best interest for the herd, a soldier would be my second choice if I am more needed there" she finished well, her voice coming out soft and even.

Serene shook her head lightly, trying not to cause a disruption in the conversation, but she needed to keep herself awake, her travels finally catching up to her. Her red eyes remained sharp, as they shifted from Seele to Midas. "And of course if you are in a dire need of a horse in another area, I would be open to being taught considering it doesn't take me long to get a hang of things." She added feeling as if it needed to be said, but it didn't seem like they where desperate for her in a certain spot, but still her words weren't wasted.

OCC: I'm so sorry it took so long, I have no access to a computer and I've been in Georgia for around 5 days and I have 8 more to go.

@[Seele] @[Midas]

*You may do anything with Serene besides death, and please no meta-playing
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
The Legatus took his leave of us and our formalities—heading off to work on other duties, or more likely to crawl into the nearest thicket for some rest and relaxation. The hell pup followed closely behind, seemingly happy to be on the move again. I glanced his way, offering a simple nod of acknowledgement in response to the farewell; Fina chirped sadly and watched the dog trail away with an almost hungry expression.

Seele backed my words and Serene took a moment to consider them before responding. The crimson manned woman seemed to find spying as an interest worth pursuing; she showed curiosity in the area of misleading falsehoods and shadow-work; but also mentioned that a soldier would be her second choice. I nodded patiently, feeling that this new blood was more of an empty hollow waiting to be filled, rather than an experienced lass who’d already settled into a one specific talent or skill, “It’s settled then; ye will train as a spy?” If this duty ended up failing to suit her strengths then we could always shuffle our flexible friend around into a different position.

Bottomless gaze shifted to Seele, seeking her approval on accepting another into the ranks of our growing family, “Ghost is the ranked official?” My masked colead knew more on the topic of stealth and since the betrayal of Eris we’d both been working on replacing their efforts with equal talent. (A task that had been made simply by the fact that oxy had won a contest against the red queen.)

Abba
Seele allowed her little wicked smile to curl up the edges of her lips. Another spy, perfect. "A spy would be perfect. And do not fret - you can still work on keeping your fighting skills honed. After all, if you cannot fight sometimes the information can never make it back." her orbs shift towards Midas he settles which place it is that this mare will slide into her ranks.

Then, he looks towards her, as if completely seeking approval and then asking who was the ranking official. "Ghost has proven herself well, yes. She is in charge of those for stealth. Please, Serene. Welcome to my ranks. Feel free to lurk in the shadows and get to know the Falls from top to bottom. Ghost most frequently saunters around in the skies and takes in the herd from above - though if you can catch her on the ground it would be best to speak with her, see what she can get you to work on. She is a black pegasus with white and red upon her wings as well as some horns upon her cranium." She explains before turning a little and beginning to head back into the heart of the Falls. "If you have any questions, come straight to me. Until next time," she says, parting ways with a gentle nod to both Midas and Serene, before allowing her dark hide to disappear into the shadows. It was only the barely visible light of her glowing heart in her tail that gave any sign she had been there.

Voices
"Speech"

Welcome to the Falls! Feel free to post once more to wrap this up - however Seele is out ;3 If you'd like another conversation with Seele, feel free to start a different thread and tag her in it, and if you have any questions at all don't be afraid to pm me on my Admin account which is @[Abba].
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Unregistered

Serene

Serene took in their words, locking in the description of the female Pegasus named "Ghost" she decided that after exploring the place a bit she would try and reach out to the mare, eager to find out where and when she will be needed. She was pleased with Seele's words granting her permission to build muscle and skills on the fighting side of things, knowing that without experience in fighting a spy could be as useless as a fly.

Serene gently nodded at Midas "I'm going to walk around, perhaps encounter some other members and befriend them. After I rest of course" she added and then summed up the conversation "thank you for letting me join, I'm sure it's a marvelous place and herd" she finished. With another polite dip of the head she turned around and headed towards a darker spot, seeking a place to lie down and get some rest before she sought out Ghost and some other potential friends.

As the mare settled down, she realized how much the place had already changed her, not as much as the scenery but the horses the inhabited it. Normally she wouldn't have been near as submissive and polite, she would have snapped out and been just nice enough to slide into the herds ranks. But she was different now, what a foreign feeling. Thoughts of spying and other images popped in her head, her red eyes slowly closing as sleep called her name.

*You may do anything with Serene besides death, and please no meta-playing
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Seele verified that Ghost was indeed our newest Sleuth. I grinned easily, genuinely grateful that the position was filled; my conscious made mental note to pay the woman a visit sometime. Our crimson hued sneak had been present at all meetings, yet we’d never gotten a chance to speak with each other on even term. Seele took over and gave instructions to the newblood spy – I listened, quiet and in all appearance attentive. Those who bore the interest of shadowskill were right up her ally and thus required little from me.

When formalities were complete, Seele turned her obsidian frame back toward the canopy. She dipped cranium in passing, regarding me in a businesslike manner that I’d grown accustomed, I nodded a return…lingering for a moment longer than was perhaps necessary. Lips twisted, curling higher for the masked woman when my colead sister slipped from view. A true daughter of twilight. In a way…she reminded me of Ktulu.

Serene turned to regard me when Seele vanished from view; she announced a desire to explore and greet our kinsman. I concurred with this notion wholeheartedly, good that our fresh recruit was eager to get started settling in, “Be well, Serene.” With that said our short palaver was concluded. Feathers shifted open, spreading to expand far past this body. Fina chortled, already lunging toward heaven. I shifted aside and took off at a steady trot, heading completely opposite of the mares who sought the company of timber. Mountains cradled my climb, I thrust heavily. Alighting across the cliff, scattering gold in my wake.