the Rift

[PRIVATE] Chance Encounters

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
At the center, in the training ring, history would happen.
Time of day: early evening

All demi-gods are required to get here somehow within the next 96 hours! An RE will guide the discussion from there on out, but it is up to you to decide how your character makes it to the center.

@[Aithniel] , @[Hototo] , @[Mesec] , @[Roskuld]

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

There was that thing again—that thing that made sense but there was no sense to be made from it, that pull in the middle of my stomach or my soul or whatever that tugged at me relentlessly. A sixth-sense. A spiritual beckoning. Or some other type of shit. I don’t know man, but the moment I felt it, my hackles raised slightly and a blossom of panic erupted in my chest. Pa had sent me on an errand—and I swear I was trying, really, it was just this emotional crap with Ma ‘n everything throwing me off somewhat. It was the vibe I was beginning to get—that the more I gravitated towards my family from the Foothills, the less I could try and feel my Pa and the spark coursing through me, inside and out, in my bones ‘n everything. And the more I listened to my Pa’s gruff laughter in my head, the smaller my Ma’s tears became, and for whatever reason I couldn’t fit the both of them in my head at the same time, no matter how hard I tried. Just. Jeez.

Anyway, I was…um. Oh yeah, the thingy in my thingy that I was feeling. After a moment of analyzing it, I decided it didn’t feel…quite like Pa’s had. His had been gentle (ha), insistent, letting me approach without tugging the chain. This was more like a siren wailing in the back of my head, an urgent sort of push and pull at the exact same time. I almost choked back on spring water when I felt it (I was in a creek, chillin’ the most), and after the idea that Pa’s fury was about to rain down on my ass finally subsided I focused enough on the feeling to let it guide me. Because it was a good idea or…something like that. I didn’t know—still don’t—but it wasn’t like I was about to ignore the bastard.

Anyway I was...uh…yeah, I was makin’ my way downtown, towards an area I hadn’t been to in a while, preoccupied I was up north with the stuff. I traveled as fast as I could without winding myself too quickly, back to a place I only remembered in hazy, drunken memory (we’re still not talking about that). Only now it was different from what I remembered-- I saw this big-ass thing in the sky, my head craning back to get a good look at it, completely blown away by it, the sense in my head telling methat was where I needed to go. And how the hell? came the inevitable question, snarky and poisonous in my head as I edged forward, almost as though I were about to dip my hooves in the heavenly blue lava that gurgled and bubbled around me.

It was like---like something was reading my smart-ass thoughts; right underneath me, something formed around my hooves and started to lift me up, and I kind of yelled and backed away off of it, but it wasn’t letting me go so easy, and I just sorta tumbled once again onto another cloud and it was lifting me up because that was where I wanted to go even though this was crazy as hell. I mean
look. I‘m was on a cloud. How swank was that?!

It didn’t take long before I made it to wherever the hell I needed to go, which turned out to be the Heavenly Fields on steroids. There was irony somewhere in this; I mean, I don’t know, I was still preoccupied with the clouds. I hopped off my sweet ride and the thing in the back of my head was buzzing even harder, almost hard enough for me to feel it with the back of my eyes. I followed it inward towards the center; and for whatever reason, my mind decided now was a good time to feel some apprehension on what was happening. Traveling here wasn’t a big deal, I guess; I always ascend to the heavens by goddamn clouds, it’s no big deal, obviously, ‘s just how I roll. No, there was something about fluffy fields of fucking flowers that was giving me chills and a sense of impending doom. But I was still going where the itch was telling me to go.

I mean, it’s whatever, right? I rode the cloud. There was no turning back now.

Roskuld</style>

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

I didn't give up the light;
I closed my eyes and closed myself

The fire child stayed back after Illynx and Rikyn had finished speaking to the God of Time. She felt drawn to the shrine, as if that stupid, broken rock was the closet thing to family she would ever feel. With a deep sigh, she pressed her gray muzzle to the cool stone, closing her molten, silver eyes. What were once nubs of horns on her brow had almost completely curled back over her skull now, charcoal colored and strong. She could feel them itch at the base, and pressing them against the rock helped to scratch it.

Aithniel knew that she should circle back to go meet up with Illynx and Rikyn again. The walk from the mountains was long and aching, but the walk back seemed even longer. With a grim expression, she forced herself to part with the shrines and walked, cloven hooves dragging, over the grayish colored rocks.

What she did not expect then was to literally get swept up by a cloud. The filly felt her heart leap into her throat, strangling any screams or cries for help that she wished to let out. She breathed hard, trying to stay calm, infant wings spreading for balance as the cloud carried her upward. Aithniel had never flown before. She did not even know if she could fly! But what would happen if she stepped off? Fall to her death? Would her wings work at all?

She kept her eyes open the entire time, looking up, stance wide as the cloud carried her to a strange... thing in the sky. What? Aithniel searched for Rikyn below, wishing he was here with her, but she was alone. As soon as the cloud deposited her on the grass, she stumped, heart pounding. Curiously, she peeked over the edge, back tense. How high up was this? She could barely even make out a tree below!

How would she get down?

She pushed inward, figuring that she was here for a reason. Why else would a magical cloud carry her to a land in the sky? Aithniel trotted, cloven hooves barely making a print on the grass, tiny wings tight to her body. When she reached the middle, she thought she saw someone else, a white and blue filly. Blue and silver eyes took in the sights, wondering who this other stranger was, but she would not say hello just yet. This could be dangerous.

Art by Aimless-Claims @ DA

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

The darkness had fallen over me like an unwelcomed shadow. Amidst the silence, the cold, unstirring abyss, I had rested in unease. Had I slept? Was I still sleeping?

Sleep did not seem quite as likely as death.

Hovering in absence, quite distant from everything I had known, far from the reach of loved ones. Far from the reach of the Gods. Am I lost, or am I simply not breathing? These thoughts whirred, stirred, rang within my mind for what felt like centuries. I stumbled blindly, grew old, slipped farther away from reality. This cage I had found myself in; was it real, or was I just dreaming? I pray to wake up. I pray to the deaf ears of my father, to his dismissive siblings. I cry out for aid, but receive nothing.

Nothing but the sound of my own wailing echoing amongst the shadow, the eternal trench I had found myself in.

And then, suddenly, grass.

Soft, beautiful grass against my face. The feeling of wind plucking my forelock like the strings of my harp. The moisture of morning dew under my body, and the warmth of sunlight on my pelt. With painstaking agony, I open my eyes. A sharp pulsating knife through my cornea, forcing my eyelids shut once more. I had seen clouds? Were those clouds? I really am dead, am I not? The raw movement of my muscles as I scramble to place my weight on my legs and once sturdy hooves.

My wings labor open, the muscles screeching at me, crackling like dried leaves under my hooves. I twist my crown, turning a full head of ram horns away from the beam bursting through the thin lids of flesh protecting my eyes and gaze in stupor at the world. No longer painted varying shades of black, but brilliant colors I had nearly forgotten. Like fog clearing from my skull, I can see the world around me.

Now, the truth is clear. My father has called me home to the heavens. I am most certainly dead.

What other explanation could there be?

Hototo</style>
there will come soft rains.                 </style>

image credits

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
<style type="text/css">.wrapper {background: #607B8E;width: 640px;padding: 20px;}.img {}.container {background: #020307;width: 600px;padding: 20px;padding-bottom: 5px;}.messagebox {background: rgba(96, 123, 142, 0.7);width: 600px;margin-top: 20px;}.message {padding: 10px;color: #000;font: 13px 'Times New Roman', serif;text-align: justify;}.name {font: 26px 'Cinzel', serif;color: #F7FBFA;padding-top: 5px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px rgba(96, 123, 142, 0.7); }.parentage {font: italic 14px 'Times New Roman', serif;color: rgba(96, 123, 142, 0.6);margin-top: -10px;}</style>
Mesec felt like he had searched all of Helovia, seeking news about his family - either of his families, really. The need to know whether they were alright, that they had made it out safe and were wandering in the sunshine, consumed more and more of his thoughts every day that passed when he did not find them. Surely, they were safe - there wasn’t a single one in the bunch that could not handle their own. But still he needed to know, still he wanted to see for himself - and to see them. The time with his mother had been wonderful, it is true, but always part of his heart was here on land and he had missed the comforting presence of Ophelia and the obnoxious Roskuld.

Almost silent on silver and black wings, Mesec soared through the skies and scanned the ground beneath him. So intent was he on his search that it came as quite the shock when he looked up and realized there was an island floating in the sky off in the distance - right about where the veins would be. Now he knew it had not been there before, the last time he had been here, but it was most certainly there now in rocky glory.

His life had been too filled with magic right from the start to truly question the appearance. And besides, as soon as silver eyes had laid upon it, he knew he needed to go there. The shift in his direction was instantaneous, gliding effortlessly and gaining altitude so he might circle the great floating island once before landing upon it.

Instinct took over, though he could not say where it came from. Instinct that told him to head towards the centre. He followed it without question, curiosity taking over - he would have to explore the rest of this place soon, but not know. It was trance-like, the focus he had - he knew exactly where he needed to go. Only, it shattered once he got there - the familiar form of a stocky black and white changing his focus “Roskuld!” For such a loud filly, she certainly was elusive when it came to the entirety of Helovia. Relief instantly calmed him as he hurried over towards her, thrilled that at least part of his family was still safe. “I’ve been looking everywhere for you.”
mesec
child of the moon

image credit
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Helovian Ancient
Some introductions have been made, but some have not. Hototo has not been seen by the others, but has a strong urge to make his way into the center of the island. Mesec, Roskuld and Aithniel also make there way where the four will all meet.

I knew I shoulda trusted that cloud! Hot-damn!

I was making my way to the center of the floating isle in the sky, this thing pulling me like its life depended on my blind devotion—but then this other thing was pulling me differently, this thing in the form of my Bro’s voice, calling my name, needing my eyes—

--and I looked over and holy shit-snacks it was Mesec, that bastard I needed to see for more than one reason, a balm for something sore in my chest and the cause for another one—I saw him coming right for me, grinning like he always did and (not so) gangly like he always was and something around me snap-crackled and I guess I was kinda frying the space around me with my zapness but do you blame me? There he was! My Bro from a different ho!

And my eyes were wide and I screamed a little bit and backed away like I do, because I can’t handle surprises like this—but that was over in a moment and my voice was a roar as I beheld the black and silver bastard.MESEC!! I shrieked, bolting for him even as he made his way toward me; when I was little, I would butt my useless little stub of horn against him in way of greeting, maybe in his knee or clavicle or something. But obviously that was a terrible option for me so I settled with just kinda flinging myself at him, ramming my chest towards his own, trying to get close, trying to see him, touch him, make sure he was real (I was trying to hug him but horses don’t do that). He was my Bro and I needed him, but it wasn’t until that moment I knew just how much I really needed to see him.

So, for the time being (heh), I pushed the other stuff back down into my gullet. The doubtful godly stuff.

But fate wasn’t done with me. I had barely gotten into Bro’s space before I caught sight of another, away from us. The last time I had seen him, I had been waking up from a nap, a dream of harp-song; it had been so long, maybe even a year, since I had seen those big horns, those huge wings, that giant bod. And the elation that was surging through me struck another note, one that was more somber, a little disbelieving, a trifle surreal. “T…Toto?” I whispered, looking from Mesec, to the big figure, to Mesec again. “Is that Big Toto?” My voice, so loud just a second ago, had fallen to something whispered and hoarse. I step away from my Bro and my feet make me walk for the center, because Toto will be there and I’ll be there to meet him.

And there was another here that I didn’t know, some brat that wandered in to a scene she didn’t need to be in. I…didn’t know her. And yeah, I’ll be honest; I didn’t care for her. Here was my Bro and my Big Toto and everything was right with the world and would’ve been better if we were alone with each other—or, better, if our families were here, with Ma and Auntie Ktulu and—

--and maybe even Jiji, if she wanted to see me—

--and I kept walking for the center, my head whipping from Mesec to Hototo and back again, wanting them to come with me, because the only thing I could do was go for the middle of the isle. It was my mission. It was a destiny. But I didn’t know that, so. I mean.

Roskuld</style>

Aithniel

Aithniel watched, feeling as if she was an interloper in a family meeting. Her silver eyes watched the way a dark colored boy with wings met the blue and white one, calling each other by name. She now knew that the blue and white mare was named 'Roskuld' and the black one was named 'Mesec'. As she pushed onward slightly, slinking like a beaten dog, she saw another in the distance, scrambling to his hooves. Brows furrowed, she walked closer, eyeing the colt curiously.

"Are you okay?" she asked, scanning him up and down to make sure that some divine being hadn't tossed him like a rock onto the ground below.

She did not get much of another word as the Roskuld called him "Toto" and fawned over him as well. Aithniel frowned. Did everyone know each other? The unwanted Basin creature watched as she was very obviously ignored by Roskuld, the fat one (interesting how attitudes change perceptions...) and she glowered slightly, turning on her hooves to go to where she was drawn.

If they did not want her there, then she did not need to be there. Obviously this same logic did not go for the Basin because they were getting her whether they wanted her or not - at least until they decided to kick her out as Zikar so kindly put it. Aithniel wandered into the center of a strange village, like something abandoned long ago and preserved in newness. The silence was unnerving, and she walked to an arena in the center, expression grim.

Okay, maybe she did want to go home now. But, she would not turn around and let the others giggle at her back as she ran home to Illynx, her not-mother.

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!

Mumbling falls softly on my ears, as though cotton were blocking the syllables from forming. Still stunned from the calrity of daylight, the feeling of earth at my hooves, and the scent of the fresh air, I can hardly bring anything into focus. So much to be seen, so much I have missed.

I lurch further upward, my long, sturdy limbs finding their height. My wings stretch and fold, stretch and fold. I feel like my long slumber has brought me to some heaven, the cold grip of death having loosened, my spirit flying into salvation. Yet, there is something that makes me question this former certainty. Those faint mumbles mentioned earlier become more clear, more familiar. A shrill screech, -SEC. My head turns slowly, eyes looking through the sunlit island, finding the stark contrast of a body.

I remember this body, I think. I squint, looking at the black and white patterns, the jagged horn. Why so familiar?

I begin walking, creaking joints and ungraceful movements, toward the center where this unknown familiar unicorn approaches. As the distance closes, I can see shifting eyes rolling to me with doubtful recognition. She too knows me? I wonder who she is.

Who am I?

I remember father, his great horns, beard, and gentle eyes. I remember he is the Earth. He is a god, or maybe I am delusional. I come to stand a few feet from the dual colored pixie and a couple of others. Another male, his color reminding me of the moon in the night sky. I cannot say for certain whether I remember him or not, but he too looks similar to a shadow in my mind. The third is completely new, but I think she is pretty. Pretty, much like the same easeless grace of those in my company.

I cannot remember what I look like, or I might have thought we were similar.

"Hello."

Hototo</style>

image credits

<style type="text/css">.wrapper {background: #607B8E;width: 640px;padding: 20px;}.img {}.container {background: #020307;width: 600px;padding: 20px;padding-bottom: 5px;}.messagebox {background: rgba(96, 123, 142, 0.7);width: 600px;margin-top: 20px;}.message {padding: 10px;color: #000;font: 13px 'Times New Roman', serif;text-align: justify;}.name {font: 26px 'Cinzel', serif;color: #F7FBFA;padding-top: 5px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px rgba(96, 123, 142, 0.7); }.parentage {font: italic 14px 'Times New Roman', serif;color: rgba(96, 123, 142, 0.6);margin-top: -10px;}</style>
There was relief, and perhaps even a little shock, when Roskuld was mindful of her larger horn and altered her usual greeting for him - she could spear him right through the heart now! Oh it felt so good to see her again - he accepted her hug-like gesture with an incredible sense of joy rushing over him. She wasn’t as small as she had been the last time they had greeted one another but her scent was more or less the same. Mesec found himself laughing with delight as she was moving away from him just as quickly as she had rushed forward - her attention grabbed by something he had not seen. Her voice was soft then, disbelief colouring her voice now but he had a feeling there was no less excitement sparking through her veins than there had been a moment ago.

Silver eyes move then, move away from her like they had not yet done since his sister had been spotted, and he noticed the smaller filly and, following Roskuld’s gaze, the other colt. Four of them! He felt guilt, not having noticed the others before now, but his attention had been rather focused. When Roskuld moved, moving in the same direction as the filly and the same direction that Mesec now felt a renewed pull toward, he went with her - trailing behind a couple steps. He was alert now, watching the others - wanting to greet them but not finding his voice.

As they drew closer to the centre and they were all growing together again - he recognized the colt that had drawn Roskuld’s attention. Hototo! To mind came Ophelia’s words the first time he had met Hototo - they were family. Was this why he had felt drawn here to this floating island? Because members of his family were here?

He wondered if everyone else felt the same pull and that was why they were all going in the same direction, or if they were all simply following the pale filly as she led the way. Questions started to build but with every cautious step he just didn’t feel the urgency required to vocalize any of them.

Whatever was happening, they would find out soon enough.
mesec
child of the moon

image credit

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
@[Roskuld]

?

[EEEP I THOUGHT THE RE WOULD POST AGAIN D:]

The glow and the gold was already fading before I even made it to Hototo; something was off. Not that I expected him to jump up and down after seeing me, to make a hue and cry and try to climb all over me like I was some hairy mountain (it’s totally not what I’d do. So. Just sayin’.) I expected the opposite—well, not quite the opposite, something very similar, really. Maybe clamoring backwards away from my happy wrath, totally stricken by me, because that was his thing, wasn’t it? Fillies, fillies, fillies. The boy loved them. (And you know why that’s funny)

He didn’t react differently. He didn’t…react, period, which was the most shocking, most wrenching and downright creepy thing he could have done. I slowed down as I came up to him, whatever goofy expression on my face falling into something more clouded and confused, something suspicious (because that’s what I was becoming, I guess). My brow furrowed as he said “hello” to me, all vague and tapioca, and I shot a quizzical look at Mesec before I looked back up at ‘Toto again, trying to figure out what kind of prank he was trying to pull. It didn’t take me long to latch onto anger to help catch the rapid fall of my spirit.

“Toto….hello? I was kinda snappy but I couldn’t help it because I was done with dangerous things and Toto was doing something dangerous, painfully dangerous, “I’m Ros? Your lil’ cousin? Y’know, always hanging around Jiji and—“ I blinked rapidly because I hated the territory I was in; he was making me feel foolish for the huge spectacle I performed reuniting with Mesec ‘n all—but at least Bro actually acknowledged me instead of squinting at me like I was a raisin in the sun or something far, far away from him.

My tongue was tied though, since Jiji’s name has that effect; I think I might’ve snorted as I turned away from ‘Toto, looking for a distraction from Hototo’s stupid joke. My eyes happened to fall on the pale grey filly that was still wandering around us like the lost little gnat she was. I don’t know how to talk to kids, ‘kay, which isn’t surprising since I was never talked to like one—well, okay, maybe I was at some point, but I don’t remember all that. I just remembered that Ma treated me all no-nonsense whenever I asked a question, so that’s what I do the kids. Or maybe I’m just talking out my ass because what I really wanted was a way out from this frustrating, embarrassing, painful moment from ‘Toto, in the form of something even more catastrophic pouring from my mouth.

“Hey kid! I called out to her, kinda brusque and harsh but I’m always harsh so I guess it wasn’t supposed to be that special, “Where’s y’ Ma? And I didn’t know what I was reallying saying when I said it; I guess I was trying to send the message Go away, I don’t want you here. Go you’re your Ma or something. My feelings are hurt and I don’t want you to see.

Roskuld</style>

Aithniel

Aithniel tried to smile at the big male's modest "hello", but something about him seemed a little off. Maybe he was thrown a little too hard from the sky. Or maybe he managed to find his way up here and had a brain worm or something. Once the chubby white one started to talk to the male as if were best friends, "cousins", Aithniel thought that maybe is was a hereditary brain worm. Granted, that thought was a little bitter and absolutely uncalled for, but the way she was looked at by the blue and white one made her mad.

When the big stallion seemed to not really understand what the other one was saying, Aithniel squinted her eyes in humor, shaking her lion tail around her fetlocks. Well, maybe she should think twice before shouting and running away then, hhmmm? The white fire child with black and gold hair just watched for a moment until the loud one regarded her. Aithniel was used to Illynx yelling at her, and Illynx was actually scary. So this big girl didn't bother Aithniel at all.

The filly snorted at the sharp voice and she got the message that she wasn't welcome to whatever family reunion was going on. Though apparently the reunion was one sided since the big, older one had no idea what was going on. Serves her right. "I don't have a 'ma'," she said, sarcastically returning back the way the harsh one said "mom".

Aithniel didn't really though. She had Illynx, who definitely was not her mother, and Rikyn. That was her family now. "And my name is Aithniel, not kid," she added boldly. Without her back up of Erebos and Rikyn, she really didn't have anyone to keep her from getting smacked, but she hadn't been taken down yet... so...

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Helovian Ancient
Whatever routes the four might have used to reach the center of the training ring, one has become much more obvious: One marked by black. Black liquid, too damp to be dried blood, but not quite red enough to be fresh, dotted the ground. Following it, the four notice that it becomes more and more uniform, until the array of dots became a splatter, and the splatter became a continuous smear, leading directly into the center.

Therein, lay the discarded silver body of a pegasus. Wounds, clearly fresh, laced her body. Purple bruises gave the appearance of dappling, as they were so numerously placed. Whatever had killed her, surely had not done so easily. It was clear that the mare had put up quite a fight, and lost a significant amount of blood before life was finally pulled from her.

To whoever did this, this mare was likely only known as an annoyance that needed to be dealt with. But to the rest of Helovia, she was known as Vesta.

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!

Heavy silver eyes lay upon me, but the moon kissed boy remains swathed in silence. Meanwhile, the black and white filly seems shocked, hurt, even, at my nonchalant greeting. I am rather out of tune with social niceties, but I cannot believe my skills had slipped this far. Was I not supposed to greet her? One ear cocks back in self-consciousness, feeling a rush of air in my head as though I might pass out.

This feeling is familiar, though my I cannot place a hoof on why. Unbeknownst to myself, I had spent a fair amount of time being embarrassed in front of the fairer sex. At least my former self would recognize me in this moment, just as awkward as ever.

Her scoff grows into words, a biting disdain and touch of anger buried into her tone. The name which slips out of her mouth directed at me. Toto? My head cocks curiously with my ears perking forward, my eyes peering forward through the clouds of my mind. Is that who I am? So, this filly really does know me. I suppose this would explain why she was annoyed, bordering on irate, that I had no memories of her. If only she knew how persuasive the darkness could be. How it persuaded one to abandon their memories, their thoughts, their lives.

Ros - my cousin. She offers her name, her association, but I still cannot place her. The familiarity still does not reach a moment of clarity. Then, something breaks through the cold embrace of my mental prison, crashing into my ears with a painful thud. Jiji. My heart strings pull, and the face of a tiny girl flashes before my eyes. Small, winged, black, gold. "Nuna," I say to myself, without meaning to whisper the name outloud. My sister.

I close my eyes for a second - my new, colored world was preventing me from thinking. The face flashes back, a white mane. A horn. Crimson eyes. Mother. The others have already begun rambling onward, yet I am miles away from their voices for a moment, face flooding my mind. Names, places, scents.

Then, my bronzes hooves squelch on something below. Surprised, I open my eyes to the tacky substance. It is a dark, congealed mess, faintly crimson. The scent is thick and heavy in my nostrils. The visions of my world, my family, immediate flee from the present. I stare down dumbly at the grass, splattered with the lifeblood of another. The soft, angelic feathers strew amidst them. I trace the pathway back toward the source.

A still, lifeless body on the ground. Why am I here?

Hototo</style>

image credits

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
@[Mesec]

Mesec might have been momentarily unaware of the other two, but it was a mistake he would not repeat. Whatever force had joined them here surely wasn't done with them yet. As Hototo turned to inspect the dark stains upon the ground, a wave of foreboding washed through the moon-child.

It was blood.

Of course he had unthinkingly assumed that the force that brought the four demo-children together was a positive one - they were here for some ethereal purpose, as they had been when darkness filtered over Helovia. But the appearance of the sky-island had heralded a happy time, had it not? Peace reigned, and the herds for once, seemingly were getting along. So it was no surprise that until the moment the blood reflected in his horrified gaze, that he had thought some wonderful serendipity had been the cause of their meeting. Pulling away from Ros, Mesec followed the trail and Hototo. As they walked closer to the centre, the blood began to appear more fresh - signs of struggle painfully (in a very literal sense) were apparent upon the ground.

What could have done this? Or more importantly, why?

"Who is she?" He asked rather timidly, hazarding a gaze towards Hototo before reverting back to staring at the lifeless body, as if taking his eyes from it would cause it to move, or disappear. "-was. I mean, who was she?"

The idea seemed unthinkable, especially given the location. The Gods had declared peace here - who would dare defy them? Was that why they were here? To implement justice? To find the murderer?

Murderer.

The word made him shiver.

@[Roskuld]
mesec
child of the moon

image credit

Aithniel

Aithniel had decided to ignore the current family crisis. The big one that seemed to have just been laying there from the start was obviously confused since the black and blue ones were clear on who he was. Interesting. She didn't know him, so she could not and would not pass judgment either way. All she knew was that right now, she was stuck with these three, and she knew that she had to keep going.

The white hybrid tucked her wings in and marched forward, noticing the color before the other two seemed to notice their hooves in the red liquid. Her heart hammered in her chest, and she saw someone laying in the distance, their body just... limp. Aithniel ran toward it, ears flat in distress and unable to keep her hooves still in one spot.

She had never seen a dead body before.

Death looked... scary. This was not peaceful. This was horrific. Blood poured from gashed orifices that looked unreal. Was everyone red on the inside? An odd question to ask, but reasonable for someone who has never gutted another being before. Aithniel shoved her nose against the mare, smelling death. The scent was heavy, settling in her sinuses like darkness settles on night.

The black one asked who this was, but I did not know. She was beautiful. Obviously she had fought hard for her life, or there wouldn't be this much inner stuff scattered around. "This is wrong," Aithniel whispered, swallowing hard.

I'll go down burning in your embrace

Tabini with many thanks to the amazing Blu

48 hours was up and I was told to get this moving for plots!

@[Roskuld] , @[Hototo]

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Helovian Ancient
Upon careful inspection, you notice that there seems to be a clump of course black hairs inside of Vesta's mouth, as if the mare tried to leave you some indication as to the identity of her murderer. Unfortunately, the clues end there, for the wind has blown away all other possible evidence and hoof prints upon the ground.

"I don't have a 'ma'."

So that wasn’t ominous as hell. Cuz, y’know, everyone’s got a Ma. That’s just how it works. You’re shoved through a gross, slimy vagina onto the cold-ass ground and BOOM, childbirth. Even my Pa--fucking Glorious Lord of all time and whatever the hell—had to find a Ma for me to stick it in so that I’d…be. It’s true for me and the whole wide world of smelly assholes—why should it be any different for this little dusty-lookin’ shrimp of a girl?

It made me wonder what made her say something like that.

Besides that little intrigue, though, mostly she was just pissing me off a little bit more by having an attitude, like she was allowed to have one or something. Oooh, look at me! My name’s Aithininny and I’m big shit! I narrowed my eyes at her, my ears pinning sharply at her smug little face; if I had any sort of tail to whip, I’d whip it straight in her mouth and get some hairs stuck under her eyelids. Screw maturity--I’ll hit a kid who thinks they’re hard enough for me.

“Listen here you little--shit--! I snarled—and then sort of shouted towards the end—as I whipped around to fully face her and charge her right down into the ground. I shouted because, as I had pivoted, my hooves slipped in something slimy, like mud or something, and I almost busted my ass sliding in it. But then I looked down to see what my hooves and fetlocks were splattered and speckled and caked with—and it definitely wasn’t mud--and you could see my skin at all, it’d probably go pale. My legs and hooves were red--one of the purest colors of red I had ever seen in my life—a hard red, bold and sticky and smelling like iron.

I wasn’t dumb enough to wonder what it was.

My gaze flicked between Mesec and Hototo—who was miles ahead with the whole blood investigation thingy—and Aithininny, and there was worry there for all three of them, because play time was over and shit was going down. I stepped over to where my bro and cousin were standing—using high, exaggerated steps, because walking with blood on the soles of your feet is as horrible as it’s gross to think about—and it was there that I saw the tragic bastard who had left this happy trail of blood in their wake.

I stared at the body. Hard. There was something cold sliding down my gullet and the happiness and the fussy anger of the occasion was over, completely and utterly, like summer had suddenly quit its job and a harsh winter chill had swooped in in its wake. And along with the feeling of solemn dread in the pit of my stomach, there was also a twinge there, this buzz in the back of my head and my spine—something familiar and all too hard to forget. Things started moving in my peripheral vision—if I cared enough, if I hadn’t been so shaken by this lifeless lump of horseflesh and feathers, I would’ve seen such a treat. All these gods, all in one place, just sort of popping out of nowhere for some macabre rendezvous. And all I had eyes for was this corpse and their cloudy eyes, their limp feathers, their lusterless coat and something clumped and stuffed in its mouth, something dark

After a point, the buzz in my skin and bones reached a peak, and I had no choice but to tear my eyes away from the poor woman lying on the ground.

Shit.

It’s Pa.

So I walked over to him….

Roskuld</style>

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!