the Rift

[OPEN] Come see (Herd)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Said island floating over yon ocean was beautiful, a perfect place for fellowship and the nurturing of friendships, both inside and outside our herd. I traveled home with Fina, after exploring the mythical territory in entirety. Our trip home was relatively dull, air up this high was thin and cool; yet another morning sun had risen before I dragged my weary carcass up and over the mountains. Fina had given in during the wee hours before dawn, she’d slipped from the sky and landed across my rear. Content in finding sleep before me; which was just as well, (this fire child was poor to linger around when sleep deprived.)

Despite the obvious fatigue from our journey, my heart was still skipping along with secret joy. The valley, its strange mountains, waterfalls and tents bore a presence that made me feel close to Earth and the other astral beings that resided in heaven. Even though my eyes couldn’t witness their glory, I’d felt a strong sense of security whist in that place; not unlike the protection we’d received from their alters as children.

Quietly and as easily as I could, this body landed upon the soil. Aching appendages shut with unusual slowness. I sighed deeply and twisted round to pull loose one stray feather that had gone array during travel, “I’m getting old.” The words were low and nearly soundless, more of like a muttering that only someone close to muzzle might hear.

Fina jerked, startling herself awake when I settled. She peered head above the crook in one flaming wing, squinting eyes against the faint morning light. One blink later and she’d returned to the world of dreams once more.

OOC: Midas will simply be sharing his knowledge of the new sky island. <3 You are not required to post to this.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Things here in Helovia were definitely quite different from any of the other lands he had traveled to in the past, in a good sense of course. There was always something new and exciting happening in one land or another to keep the many occupants on their toes and never knowing what to expect from one day to another. Rumors had been going around about yet another strange occurance this time just over the Veins, something about an island? The concept was a complete mystery to the dapple for with all that had been going on he had not been anywhere near the Veins to go and see for himself what the others were speaking of. From what he knew about the landscape of the Veins it consisted mostly of rock so the idea of some island just randomly appearing there seemed a little far fetched if you asked him but one never knew.

His latest battle with the tie dye pegasus had taken quite a bit out of his usual get up and go attitude so for now he was content to just take it easy while his injuries healed. The nasty gash upon his neck and shoulder was the brunt of his discomfort but he was too proud to have someone attend to it with magic, it would eventually heal on its own. Kiara had tried many times to get him to see a medic but had no success in convincing him to go. He was not one to make a big fuss over injuries that he knew would heal over on their own, much to Kiara's annoyance. She was currently sitting beside him just enjoying the day as together they looked out over the Falls.

A little later Midas arrived back from wherever he had been landing not too far off from where the pair rested peacefully. Calling out a gentle greeting to the Czar he nodded politely as he decide to see if there was any major news that their king knew of. " How goes the travels today, anything of interest out there?" He commented softly so not to disturb the sleeping Fina. Thankfully Kiara seemed to pick up on the fact as well and decided to stay put instead of trying to get Fina to play, which never worked out to begin with much to his amusement. He had seen what trauma she was able to inflict on some of the poor birds that became her meals, it was no wonder to him that Fina did not exactly want to associate with the feline.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @[Midas] •• NOTES: Couldn't leave the thread with no replies XD ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
Bellona
Beauty may be skin deep
But cruelty runs clear to the bone.

The bird is in no mood for conversation today, but just as her scarlet legs collide with the ground, a stream of curses threatens to slip past her lips. The warrior has become disheartened from her encounter with the flaming God, and she simply refuses to admit that the God's negligence was all her own doing. The realization is slowly beginning to dawn upon the colorful mare, yet she cannot help but to succumb to her raging temper. Quivering ears snap back against a blue skull as a fiery gaze rakes across the shrouded forest, searching for someone to blame for her failure. The Aztec spies a dappled figure past the waterfall and, bursting through the refreshing stream, she is shocked to find the stag that she battled nearly a fortnight ago. Just what is he doing here?

The volatile bird is just about to confront the unicorn when an orange blaze appears in the corner of her eye. She turns to see what this new intrusion is, and a surprised snort bursts from her naves when she realizes that it is a bird. And of course it is not alone; the roasting chicken -- oh how she has begun to loathe things that are on fire -- is resting on a painted man's back. It would appear that magic is not the only oddity to be found in this godforsaken place. The mare's silent criticism reflects her raging mood.

Far too stunned -- and much too familiar with her own outbursts -- to make her exasperation known, the maiden chooses to remain silent. If something important is to come of this little gathering, then surely the two unfamiliar brutes will enlighten her.

"Talk talk talk."

{So pooey ;-; I sorry.}

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

My praetor came forward with his companion in tow, a greeting upon his lips and eyes searching mine. I straightened into a less honorable position, almost cringing when ears heard a bone pop with an almost painful but satisfying crunch. Aye, gaining years was becoming less and less appealing. He regards me with a question sliding past all the nonsense of formality, I dip crown into a soldiers salute, sharply striking the gem below my breast. “Aye, I have something to report.”A few of my family are lingering in the morning thicket, I keep my voice low to not disturb them into wakefulness. “There is an island drifting among the clouds near the ocean, southeast of here and west of dragon’s throat.”

“Gather three of yon troops, I’d like to take a scouting expedition back to this place.”

With as little information as we had about the magical piece of land, I didn’t want to make any assumptions or take chances; in all appearance the island had come across as a peaceful and safe haven. But that didn’t mean it wouldn’t show a true form. We’d had luck these past few months within the safety of these walls—but the assurance was false in the sense that it would last for long.

Darkness was coming. The past plagues had only been the beginning; I felt it in my soul that something big was gnawing at its chains—and soon, the beast would be released. Hungry for battle and blood.

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS

Surely the news that Midas brought along had been mistaken some way or another, a island in the sky that was impossible. The concept did not make sense to the dappled warrior how could an island be floating in the sky,the laws of gravity would surely pull the land mass back to earth? Kiara seemed to be just as confused by the topic as it was enough to draw her attention away from the flaming bird (which can be a challenge at times). Exchanging skeptical glances he turns his attention back to Midas as he gives further instructions. Apparently this thing must be real for their Czar to be sending in a team to scout the unexplored island.

"I will make the arrangements. When would you like us to leave?" He asked obediently as he skimmed through the list of potential candidates in his mind. Rostislav was always a possibility but his sobriety was in question after the last mission they went on together. The Basin was hardly the place to be disoriented and confused though it had made for some mild amusement. Oxy was another potential but like Rostislav his drug habit and his ability to function questioned his help especially on a floating island. During their spar the sad creature had barely been able to stand upright nevermind navigating unfamiliar terrain.
Rosi would be the favorable option if he needed to chose but it would all depend on who was available to help out.

Wait a minute.. Midas would have flown to the island with Fina, was it possible for those without wings to reach it? "Are pegasus the only ones able to reach the island? Or can those bound to the ground still access this place?" It was better to ask now before he was the one looking like the idiot by sending soldiers who cannot even reach its heights.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @[Midas], @[Bellona] •• NOTES: -- ••

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Ciceron was a true soldier and one I felt could be counted on, a rare thing in a world full of deceit and questions. He didn’t inquire further into my report or resolve on the idea of returning; instead, the lad agreed to handle making arrangements. I nodded, allowing crown to sag ever slightly toward earth – an outward sign of concealed weariness, “Tomorrow, gather to leave just before dawn. That should be ample time to muster troops and secure our boarders with replacements? I’ll accompany ye.”

Formality of orders complete, I fell silent – which gave room for any questions to be asked and answered before we parted ways. The one he chose to ask gave me pause, I frowned, considering for a moment and stirring my sluggish brain back into full awareness. The thought honestly hadn’t crossed my mind until he mentioned an obvious problem for those who couldn’t spread wing toward heaven. Yet, say true. I’d caught sight of many bound to earth upon the island, but this couldn’t answer how they arrived. Perhaps on the back of the wind herself? Or soaring with unseen wings.

“The gods provide a way.” I replied simply, very nearly shrugging. A small smile tipped one corner of my lips higher than the other. Lord only knew how they arrived, perhaps more would be made clear when our little troop returned for a deeper investigation. “There were wingless folk in the meadows and hills.” I stifled the urge to yawn, “We shall see.”

OOC: So sorry! Totally forgot about this! Want to just say that they left with NPC's and visited the island the next day? Or would you like to rp that out :D?

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS

Mulling about the problem within his own mind while he awaited an answer the grey tried to think of logical ways that those bound to the ground could get to a floating island. A bridge perhaps? Surely Midas would have reported seeing one should this be the case. Gazing down to Kiara for a brief second he could see the eagerness in her own eyes to get going with their mission. "We leave when the sun rises." As his words reached the tigress she looked up to him with impatience before sighing as she gave up thoughts of trying to go tonight instead. Chuckling softly to himself he watched her pout for not getting her way as she sat down in the grass beside them. While her appearance was that of a fierce predator her mind was still young and reckless much like that of his own at times.

"I will gather a couple warriors to be ready for a morning adventure. We will find a way to get up there one way or another. If others can do it how hard can it be?" He commented with a shrug of his shoulders as his mind started jumping to those few soldiers that might possibly accompany them. With the light fading it was best to track them down before they settled down for the evening.

Before this conversation he could have settled down and fallen asleep fairly quickly but now that he had a task to do he was wide awake. Turning back to Midas he tipped his crown as he spoke one final time. "I best be getting off to find those who shall accompany us. Rest well and we shall see you when the sun rises."

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: Midas •• NOTES: I think that we can just say they went with NPC's as if we were to do the thread it would take awhile to get everyone together. ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
Bellona
Beauty may be skin deep
But cruelty runs clear to the bone.

Ears fasten themselves against a cobalt skull as the bird comes to realize that she has been ignored. Her presence here is swiftly becoming unnecessary, but the proud creature refuses to accept her useless state. She snaps her burning gaze onto the dappled warrior first. Surely his pain serves as a reminder of the skirmish that they participated in. If the chieftess could wear his skin as her own, she would be feeling some sort of rage at the sight of one who beat her in battle. Or does war mean so little to him?

If that is the case, then surely the ebony and white stallion is speaking to the wrong man. The aching maiden shifts her gaze to study his golden pools. As far as she can tell, there is no hint of madness in them. But if he is sane, then why is he not directing his attention to her? You would think that word of the dapple's defeat to a colorful newcomer would travel quickly among the herd. Apparently that is not so. Clearing her throat in the efforts of being somewhat courteous -- she has no idea who this pegasus is, after all -- the Aztec stakes her claim to the conversation.

"Pardon me, but is it not rude to ignore a lady?" Orange pools direct their glare on the horned brute. It is a silent challenge that dictates, how dare you miss your superior. The mare's jewel-encrusted hide twitches before she continues in a tone that does not lack in bravado. "If you are looking for a means of investigation, why not employ your sleuths? Is that not our duty?" A blue-dipped tail licks against barred legs.

"I've yet to do anything for the herd since joining it. Unless defeating one of your warriors counts as something productive?" Her tone is full of amusement at this remark. She raises a brow at the stag, daring him to deny her words. I can just as easily beat you again, tecuani.

"Talk talk talk."

{Woops! I also forgot about this! @[Midas]

tecuani -- "beast."}

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

We’d kept our voices low to prevent others from waking up and as my Praetor acknowledged words and trailed off to do as instructed. Another emerged forth, her pelt is painted in lively colors that only halfway suited our tropical environment. I turn toward this girl, gaze narrowing as a title does not come forth to label said woman.

She chides our conversation, apparently visibly brought to a state of emotion by my attempts toward discrete moment. Ebony ears pitch higher and crown rises from its lax state, carrying my head up into the position of leadership, attention forcefully sharpening an otherwise travel weary gaze. Out of polite upbringing I allow the words to continue to fall forward until there is no more. Finally ebony jaws part to allow firm but courteous vocals, “Pardons to ye then, for causing unintended grievance,” alert and somewhat studying I gaze across her frame; nostrils flaring to take in the essence of Falls and verify the claim.

“I oversee the battle ranked individuals, those who are dedicated to the art of war. Tis Seele who is responsible for those who specialize in shadow skill.” But of course I’d hardly had time to find my colead and give a full report, “Ye is welcome to travel with me to break words with her?” Tone draws softer, attempting to include this…wounded spy in the mix of things. Apparently slipping off for a few hours of sleep would be impossible, I refrained from sighing; so much for wanting to finish formalities later in the day.

OOC: Want me to make a post for them going off to the island?

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS