the Rift

I'm an Anti-Social Asshole

Ira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Beauty, Grace, Devotion. These are not my attributes. Like my mother I have a hard time being those three things. Apparently I had a hard time being devoted like my father. Because honestly? Where was he all my life? Exactly. Being a awful horrible father and never showing up. Yeah, my mother knew how to pick 'em.

But despite all that, here I was. But where the hell was here? I had crossed some kind of threshold, into some weird crazy land. Well, it certainly couldn't be as crazy as some lands. Or maybe, it was crazier? My hazel eyes slowly turn to gaze around me, and I admit to myself it is beautiful, in a calm sort of way. Unlike I. Scars littering my once beautiful fiery coat. I guess in that same way as my mother I had a hard time with authority. Well, I had a hard time with everything. I was gruff, A rugged man, rough around the edges. My feelings where buried under scar tissue, probably unreachable by now. Mutters sound around me, and I gaze about in mild interest. Laughter spills, agreements echo. Denial is there too, right next to rejection. And I move closer into this land, making assumptions to where this was. Whispers floated, whispers of names I had never heard of. Herd names perhaps? Or maybe lands far away? So, what was this place?

Each step I sink slightly in the soft pine strewn ground. I stop, gazing around me. So, where do you get a drink in this joint? Because I'm thirsty.

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper
Cheveyo
I wasn't entirely sure as to why my yellow painted hooves were bringing me closer to the Threshold of Helovia, the place where the weary travelers were met and harassed by the recruiters of the four different herds. Each one vying for the nod of the head, or the affirmative words that meant he or she was lucky enough to be bringing some fresh meat back to the lands they called home. I tended to try and avoid the area, a lot of awkward social contact and then the discomfort of a possible "no". Of course, rejection was the least of my worries, bringing home new characters wasn't something I was quite known for.
But here I was, standing in the middle of the Threshold, feeling like a new comer myself as I wasn't used to the assault of different scents that came with mixing new ones and the familiar scents of the four different herds. My chestnut harks swiveled restlessly, taking in all the different sounds, the birds singing, the bugs buzzing, and then the talking of various different creatures trying to gain one more member for their herd. Nothing of importance seemed to catch my attention, and I was beginning to turn away to head back to the safety of the familiar Edge when the sound of another bumbling new comer crashing through the thicket drew my attention.
My one eighty turned into a three sixty as I turned around to face the direction I had been pointing just a few moments ago to come nearly face to face (if there wasn't a line of trees and other shrubs blocking me) with a handsome chestnut. I didn't think I was quite visible to the creature yet, as his hooves ceased moving forwards I stepped out from the shadows of the brush, a light smile tugging at the corners of my rosy kissers as I lowered my skull in a greeting. "Welcome to Helovia sir. I am Cheveyo of the World's Edge."
My lyrics joined in with the buzz of the bugs and the mumbles of the others vying to gain the attention of whatever new comer they were speaking to. Maybe I would finally succeed at recruiting and bring this handsome stallion back to the Edge with me. But surely some flashier mare would show up and steal all of his focus without even saying a word.

"Talking"
Tag;; @[Ira]
Words;; 400
Notes;; <3
Image Credit

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Unregistered
Movement catches my attention, and I turn my hazel gaze to the sound. Out came a pretty painted chestnut mare. My ears flick forward, my scarred face turned towards her. My hazel eyes watch her, calculating her moves. Was she here to attack me? My body goes rigid as I consider this possibility. You never knew with different lands. But instead her head lowered in greeting, and a smile tugged at the corners of her maw. Then she spoke, "Welcome to Helovia sir. I am Cheveyo of the World's Edge." Her lyrics blend in with the hum of the bugs, and I find them comforting. She was like summer, humming, warm, bright. I watch her quietly, debating what motive she could have. My body still rigid I give a quick nod of my head, and speak. "Hello Cheveyo. Thank you for your warm welcome.... I am Ira. I say, my once smooth chords now rusty and seldom used, causing my deep handsome voice to a rough scrape.

I glance around me, then back at this mare once more. "What is this Helovia, and this Worlds Edge? I assume of course that one is your herd, and one is this land, but I have never heard the names before." I state, my ears forward, catching the mumble bumble of others in these woods. "I assume as well this is a area for recruiting other new arrivals?" I say, turning my full attention onto the mare. While I did this I study her, her eyes, the set of her jowls, her markings. I take it all in. She wasn't overly tall, but then again, neither was I. I mean I did stand at 16.3 but there where plenty of bigger stallions. She is beautiful though, with her odd markings and her painted jewels. Hand prints litter her, and a circle on around her eye, with three barr marks on her nose. Yes, I decide. She is beautiful. Not flashy, but I would rather have beautiful then flashy any day of the week.
@[Cheveyo]
<3 [/align]

Semper
Cheveyo

It seemed I had given my presence away before the words slipped from my rosy kissers as the stallion turned to face me as I stepped out of the thickly growing brush. He did seem wary of my sudden appearance though, that was evident by the way the muscles that rested beneath his flaming pelt tightened as if he was loading his springs before leaping at me or out of the way of whatever lashing I was surely going to deliver. But the smile that quickly spread across my features, my way of biting back the laughter that was sure to come, seemed to calm his nerves ever so slightly.
Just slightly enough that he could bob his skull up and down in a nod of greeting before his slightly sooty kissers began to form words carefully. "Hello Cheveyo. Thank you for your warm welcome.... I am Ira." The creaking and rattling of his voice gave evidence that the stallion wasn't much of a social creature, luckily for me I hadn't gotten myself in a situation where I had to deal with a chatty Cathy of any sorts. I wondered if I had sounded so travel weary and anti-social when I first arrived at the Threshold of Helovia, or if I even spoke at all. It had been quite some time now and that memory was a hazy one...the corners of my kissers turned up a little more as I focused back in on the larger chestnut that stood before me. "It's a pleasure to meet you Ira, I hope your travels treated you well." I was slightly confused by the odd politeness that had wound it's way into my lyrics and momentarily I cursed Kahlua and her peaceful ways for rubbing off on me as they clearly had.
"What is this Helovia, and this Worlds Edge? I assume of course that one is your herd, and one is this land, but I have never heard the names before. I assume as well this is a area for recruiting other new arrivals?" The stallion looked around him, his hazel eyes lighting about as they settled upon the trunks that sprouted up around us before settling back on my own white washed features, most of the unease that had taken his frame captive seemed to have dissipated for the most part. My blonde tail flicked against my painted sides as I glanced away from the stallion for a moment, allowing myself to look over the threshold that I normally avoided once more. My chestnut harks swiveled about on top of my skull as I listened in to the muffled conversations of the other new comers, some of them seemed to be going pleasantly while others well...not so much. But then my attention returned fully to the stallion that I was entertaining with a smile on my face. "Helovia is the name of the whole region, World's Edge is my home. But the land you stand in currently is known as the Threshold and yes you would be correct it is the recruiting spot." A slight chuckle slid from my kissers as I shook my skull slightly, "I normally try to avoid the Threshold, I'm not so good at talking to new people. But something called me here today. Where do you hail from?" I questioned the stallion, quickly pulling the attention away from myself and back to the stallion who was new to these parts. Surely he had questions of his own.

"Talking"
Tag;; @[Ira]
Words;; 584
Notes;; <3
Image Credit

please tag Cheveyo!!

Unregistered
Cheveyo seemed quiet for a moment after my thanks, and introduction. I waited patently none the less, but I wondered what the painted fae was thinking of. "It's a pleasure to meet you Ira, I hope your travels treated you well." My bodily stiffness had dissipated, and those taught muscles relaxed some. "I suppose you could say that." I say, laughing at the concept about the travels that had so treated me with sorrow, hunger, fight for survival. No, they had not treated me well, and I suppose that was why I laughed, the irony of it all. The laugh that came out was stiff, unused, but not booming. It was soft, more of a wheeze of air, barely audible.

After I asked about this land, and all the other questions pointless to repeat once again in this biography, and my eyes had flitted about, coming to rest on the painted mare, her eyes went and looked around some. Her ears perked, also listening to the muffled sounds of others, before once more returning to me, and giving me the favor of her full attention.

"Helovia is the name of the whole region, World's Edge is my home. But the land you stand in currently is known as the Threshold and yes you would be correct it is the recruiting spot. She then shakes her maw, a chuckle slipping out of them, then returning to back to my eyes. "I normally try to avoid the Threshold, I'm not so good at talking to new people. But something called me here today. Where do you hail from?"

So I had been correct somewhat in my assumptions. I absorb the information, Then move on. She says she is not good at talking to new people, but honestly, she is doing a better job then I am. I smile at her, one of my rare smiles, then she takes the attention I had laid so carefully on her and turns it around onto me. Where do I hail from. A slight hum rumbles from my throat as I think about this. It had been so long. So long since I had thought about my original homeland. Flashes of fire and screaming appear in my minds eye, my mothers voice a soft urging, the burn of flames, and the sting of my lungs as I run, the smoke filling them. The safety of my mothers warm body and the slow recovery. I close my eyes for a moment, closing the memories down. I open them slowly, and look at the mare once more. "I hail from a land that is very very very far away from here. You must cross hundreds of lands to reach it. However, it is all ashes now. But I have not been there since I was very young, a few days old at the most. Since then? I have been a wanderer. I have no home. Damn do I sound like a sop or what? Giving my sad story away to this pretty mare, who more than likely doesn't give a flying fuck. But I admire her beauty, and I want to get to know her. If this was a recruiting spot I wanted to be recruited by her. I had made my choice, no matter who else showed my mind was made up. I would return with this mare to her land.
@[Cheveyo]
Word Count;; 569
There we go! I'm starting to get into a role with this guy! :D

Semper
Cheveyo

"I suppose you could say that." The stallion chuckles slightly as if his travels were anything but pleasant, but his comment seems to relax his tense frame and a fresh smile lit across my features. It was good that I was no longer some startling figure who had greeted him into the strange, wild world of Helovia. His chuckle was a strange one, nearly as underused as his gruff lyrics to the point it almost sounded as if his breathing had decided to head south while we were standing there chatting away rather than him laughing at the foolish words that had fallen so effortlessly from my own kissers.
I could feel his hazel eyes on my frame as I looked around the Threshold, trying to think of a way to describe the lands of Helovia without sounding like a broken record as the other recruiters did. I was no good at this sort of thing and the things that excited me likely wouldn't excite everyone. The idea of dragons and being able to create fire out of midair was nearly too much for my mind to handle, and I had been here for a few years now. But it seemed everywhere I turned there was a new kind of surprise that I hadn't been expecting.
A smile cracked across the stallion's travel weary features as I rambled on and on about the lands and how awkward I was in social situations. Luckily I hadn't said anything overly embarrassing just yet, there was always a chance that something ridiculous would fall from my vocal chords and not get caught before it slipped out into the warm breeze that was characteristic of Tallsun. As my chestnut harks swiveled about once more I caught onto the light humming that was coming from the chestnut that stood before me, as if he was thinking about where he came from. Had he been a nomad for that long? Or was it all just negative memories packed away into filing cabinets that were now covered with cobwebs and large spiders as my memories about Kwahu were?
"I hail from a land that is very very very far away from here. You must cross hundreds of lands to reach it. However, it is all ashes now. But I have not been there since I was very young, a few days old at the most. Since then? I have been a wanderer. I have no home." The stallion's voice quickly brought me back from the recesses of my mind, saving me from the possible slip of a drawer falling open and the files flying all over the place leaving me a mess to clean up. It seemed as if I was not the only one in our gathering of two that had a history of death and destruction. It was a sad tale, but one that many seemed to share. We all had our reasons for entering the Threshold of Helovia, some to escape from horrible deeds and others to find a new life that would hopefully be brighter than the last. The corners of my rosy kissers turned downwards as I looked at the stallion through long ivory lashes. "I'm sorry you went through that." My blonde tail flashed against my hips as I looked away for just a moment before looking back to the stallion a smile making it's way across my features once more. "Well, unless you have any more questions...I would be more than willing to offer you a home, if you would like." I felt so awkward offering to take the stallion home, as if I were some kind of tramp that was used to bringing strangers back to her house at the end of the night.

"Talking"
Tag;; @[Ira]
Words;; 627
Notes;; Yay for getting into characters!!<3
Image Credit

please tag Cheveyo!!

Unregistered
I Remember when your head caught Flame

After I had given this beautiful Cheveyo my own personal information, she looked at me, and I watch. I wait for her, because for now I have nothing to say. I wonder about her past, and I vow to ask her about it at some point in the future. The painted mare is intriguing, and despite her claims at being bad at social situations she seems quiet capable. I wonder if she underestimates herself. I am pulled out of my inner thoughts by her voice, "I'm sorry you went through that." her maw in a frown and her eyes looking out from the long white lashes. I watch her, and I frown, nodding. "It was a long time ago... But thank you."

Her frown also turns upside down, and instead there is now a smile on her features and she speaks. "Well, unless you have any more questions...I would be more than willing to offer you a home, if you would like." I smile nodding to her. I smile and nod my head to her. "No, for now my questions are subdued. I would love to accompany you to your home, Cheveyo." I grin breaks my face. In all honesty I was exhausted, but I was willing to put off that exhaustion for a while longer to follow this lovely painted creature to her home. "Onward, I suppose." I don't know how far away this land is, but I walk forward so I am closer to her. Not imposing but more of a sign that I was prepared and ready for her to lead the way. Lead the way to a new life, a new adventure and a fresh start. A clean slate.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Cheveyo]
Words;; 287 words
Notes;; Sorry this took so long hun! <3

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

Semper
Cheveyo

I watched the handsome stallion as the charming smile that had began to creep across his sporty features turned into a frown as his skull bobbed up and down as if agreeing with me. Chestnut harks flicked forward easily as his charcoaled kissers began forming words. "It was a long time ago... But thank you." The stallion's words quickly dismissed the topic of our pasts and I thanked whatever of the gods was looking out for me today as he hadn't thought to question me on my past just yet. I had only just met the stallion and didn't feel like it would be any time soon that I would be opening up and telling the flaming steed about the boy who held my heart and soul in the palm of his hands.
I forced the thoughts of death and disaster from my mind as a smile forced it's way across my white washed features and my oddly soft lyrics floated into the light Tallsun breeze. "No, for now my questions are subdued. I would love to accompany you to your home, Cheveyo." The stallion's features broke into a grin as he took a stride closer to me and for a moment panic welled up in my smaller frame as I thought he was going to touch me. But his forward motion ceased with plenty of room to spare as his kissers parted once more. "Onward, I suppose." The smile that had cracked across my features grew slightly wider as I turned around, blonde tail flicking against my ankles as I turned back in the direction of the World's Edge a place that would soon be home to not only me, but to the handsome chestnut who was following close behind.

"Talking"
Tag;; @[Ira]
Words;; 291
Notes;; I can get a post up in the Edge in the next few days!<3
Image Credit

please tag Cheveyo!!