the Rift

[PRIVATE] There's glowing pearls in the streets of Benghai

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Find a way to believe in fate

Northern lights, the fuel given to her dreams that cling to the cold, weightless air that had laid itself over the seemingly endless stretch of land that was placed eastward of the Aurora Basin. Their lavish display of lights, everlasting beauty of bursting colours, ignite the shades that dot the petals of hardy wildflowers. Snow will soon come to an impatient soul waiting for winter.

Leaving behind hot, dried air for a sweet bathe of cool, almost controlled heaven beneath a wintry hold left her body in a frenzy. An occasional shiver breaks her slow crossing of the spread. She wants to see an ocean, one different than the great, blue sea with sandy beaches and active marine life. Hell, she'd even seen dolphins back south, distant from shore but close enough she could see their forms and have an idea of them. Like anything else that rose up from the depths of salt water, they never lasted long.

Distant mountains beam red underneath the glow of the Auroras. Still snow-capped, their heads covered in white as an old man would show his age when he has reached a point of life to be proud of. The land was elderly, letting someone as young as her cross it with her slow pace.

She has no extended stride, lengthed to force herself forward in a greater speed to see something she hasn't seen since her early days. What good would be given if she did so? Her pale eyes wanted to admire Aurora Borelias, twinklings of light that would grow fainter when she headed south again, swallowed whole by sunlight. The Moon had grown large and swollen, ivory toned and unprepared for what she would believe would soon be Orangemoon.

Time flew by too fast. Memories of suckling still came to her when she'd laid her down, nowhere close to her destination. She counts it as a miracle and laughs to herself at the idea of her childish adventures, how Adrixaura, or Tonka, whoever cared when they came across, would of chewed her out a great many of times over for being in such a place. She'd been such a rebel.

Looking back into her mind while her real eyes stare out towards the mountains, shifting them occasionally to get the better of the light show, she frowns upon how she has changed. When she was once so brave, now she become something that stayed back when conversation arose, refusing to step in unless she was called for, or someone she knew was already there.

Funny, how she had changed herself. Almost of her childish personality had burned away in flames to be replaced with a skittish, prey animal act. Her friends didn't seem to pay much attention to her change, or either they didn't notice. Snorting once, to pull herself back to reality, she tosses her head. No change of landscape, no change in smell, of the almost eery silence that haunted the Steppe.
@[Sacre]

Image Credits
Table by Imi <3

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

The notes are old,
They bend, they fold

</style>

"Mother? Father?" It was more of a whisper than a call. Sacre had been spending his days in the clutches of the Dragons Throat for a while and it was now he thought he'd make the trip slowly back north, to the wild land that bordered the Basin hoping to find familiar faces. Images of his dam flittered through his mind follow by the feeling of fondness, he was by far old enough now to earn his way in the world, but still the son would always miss his mothers warm side. As soon as he hit the familiar cold rush that could be felt even in Tallsun he smiled as memories came flooding back to him of his time with Roux and the rest of his family. The cold was like the familiar homely embrace, the colt felt none of its bitter bite and instead welcomed it as a refreshing nostalgia. Yet, there was an uneasiness he had never felt before, every time he came here there had always been a sense of belonging. Now it was replaced by the worry of betrayal and if those in the Basin, some who he still considered friend, would call him a traitor. Even more worrying, would Roux brand him one? There was nothing really he had done wrong, but the boy couldn't help thinking and then feeling unwell. His father had always said to live side by side with his horned brethren was an honour and he should never forget that. Surely, if anyone, his own father would be disappointed.

Of what Sacre had seen of the world so far, surely it was better to honour the company of genuine friends than those who simply shared a physical trait. He tried to imagine what his father would think of Tandavi as a friend and shuddered. Although, not too long ago, he had been spirited away from his own family and shown the brutality that a battle could bring. For that there was a lingering resentment towards the Worlds Edge that he struggled to shake off. That was one thing he and his father had in common.

Pushing aside his increasingly agitating thoughts, Sacre pushed on northward and onto the wild known as the Frostbreath Steppe. The unclaimed wilderness that bordered the Basin. By now night had fallen and the dazzling lights he remembered so fondly from his childhood lit up the sky. He continued walking with his neck craned up until Inari yapped excitedly and bounced forwards from the side of his bonded. Sacre frowned and moved his head to see better where his fox had decided to run off to.

Surprise littered his expression before the sides of his eyes softened at the sight of Sikeax. Who else would he find up here? The last time she looked to be in trouble, at least this time she looked well in herself. At least, he hoped. The colt walked fondly up to her side, laughter snorting softly from his inky nostrils as his blue eyes lit up in friendly affection. "Sikeax!" He greeted her with his normal bubbly tones. "Why is it I always find you somewhere in these mountains?"

background by: http://sirius-sdz.deviantart.com

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Find a way to believe in fate

Lowering speed to make up an ache in her legs, extending them further out to stretch them, any predator, or stranger, had the chance to be upon her. Coverage was minimumal to nothing in the high plains, dragging out for miles on end until mountains rose tall and stabbed their peaks into the fluffy belly of low-lying clouds.
Something moved in the corner of her eye as she brought her stride back, shortening it so that it fit the norm. Caught off guard, a bolt to the side gave her the sign that it was Sacre. She stumbled against her own hooves and legs to insure she wouldn't injure his companion, watching for the fleet footed mammal with precision she had.
Calm finally got the better of her, nostrils rolled up with a loud snort, followed by a stamp of the hoof. There was no harm meant in it, only the show of annoyance he'd given her by startling her. "Sacre! You scared me half to death."
Her voice was particularly high when she struck his name, one that made her question the state of her vocal cords. Maybe, he wouldn't notice.
Whatever expression she was baring didn't effect his happiness. He was clearly glad to see her, asking about why he always found her in what she considered a true home. Feeling his emotions roll off of him, any traces of anger bled from her, replaced by a smile. She couldn't stay mad at him, unlike her other childhood friend. He'd put an odd happiness to her.
"I was raised here, so when I feel bad, or something bothers me, I come up here. Is it chance you're always here when I am, or it something else?" The end words were put in playfulness, teasing him as she giggled(how weird of her, since she rarely did.) Chance was nothing but a logical answer there; she'd doubted anyone followed in her footsteps, and if they did, then she had renamed oblivious.
@[Sacre]

Image Credits
Table by Imi <3

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

The notes are old,
They bend, they fold

</style>

The feathers, the blue on pale, Sikeax was easy to spot for the red stained boy who was becoming to know her better and better each passing month. It was nice to slowly build up a network of friends, souls to seek out and lean on, to cherish and comfort. Sikeax had given Sacre a great gift by leading him to the Dragons Throat, a home they now shared together. If ever she wanted something from him then the boy would be happy to do his best for her. Yet, right now, it appeared he was repaying her by scaring her out of her wits and the colt quickly retracted, bowing his head in with a light smile whilst Inari bounced around to avoid the stumbling of hooves. His orange tail flicking from side to side as excitement ruffled his short small body. Sacre wasn't quite expecting such a reaction and he quietly berated himself to be more considerate when approaching people instead of being too full on. Forgetting himself was a vice that was slowly cementing itself on his list of wild personality traits.

"AH! Sorry Sikeax" he apologised quickly to the stamp of her hoof and her crisp words. A warm grin filling his features.

He felt relief flood through his body when her anger appeared to dissipate and she returned his grin in kind. Inari was carefully trying to walk up to one of her pale forelegs in attempt to rub his body affectionately against her. Making sweet, quiet whistling noise of contentment. Meanwhile Sikeax answered Sacre's question which left the colt with a look of surprised delight on his face. He never knew she had been born in these mountains too! Perhaps all this time they had been going up here for the same reasons. This possible fact gave Sacre a new feeling of connection to Sikeax. "I visit for the same reason as you" he replied to her giggle with fond words. "I was born in the Aurora Basin and grew up in these mountains with my twin brother." He looked out across the vast snowy region with a gaze lost in old times. "I come up here when I miss him" maybe one day Roux will appear and they can replay some old, cherished memories.

He turned back to Sikeax then with a concerned expression, it was a long way to go with troubling thoughts and it made him wonder exactly what it was that made her walk so far to contemplate them. "May I ask what's troubling you?"

background by: http://sirius-sdz.deviantart.com

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!