the Rift

Diamond in the Rough [open]

Celestia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Celestia
I stood alone beneath the stars and shouted

Into the heavens at the top of my lungs

The warmth of the sun had long since set. Creatures of the night emerging from their hollow homes; prowling in the mask of darkness under the cover of cricket chirps and whooping frogs as they croaked in the night. And me, I lay comfortably upon the padded moss earth, resting my legs from a long lonely journey. Unlike most, I am nocturnal; I live by the stars and the shadow of night. It is here I feel closest to my creator. And she speaks to me often, assuring my comfort or commanding me forth into the unknown. Her requests are strange and foreign but I dare not question her motive as she is the one who paints my every step, controls my every breath. And now, under her will I find myself somewhere new, the dawn of a new moon grinning down upon me; it brings me hope, courage.

Rising from the forest floor, I gaze around in the darkness watching the rays of light that manage to slither their way through the thick canopy. Fire flies glitter and flash in and out of view; silence echoes through the towering timbers, with only nature’s song playing in the background.

"Creator?" I beckoned into the blackness, my voice soft and seeking that of my master. "Are you with me tonight?" Warm breath rolled off my pink tinged lips, nostrils flaring as my Arabic features glimmered in and out of moon light. Lobes flutter atop my crown as I listen desperately for her response, a reply of why she had brought me to this place. But my summon goes unanswered, and I am left to wander alone in the darkness.

Glowing eyes scanned the darkness, seeking out any threats or company that may appear in the distance. It was almost too dark to see anything, though the natural glow in my crystal horn helped to light up my curved visage; I was pretty sure I stood out among the shadows. I was pure after all, limbs and body of perfection of the cleanest alabaster. I have been criticized before because of my beauty, but I take it as a complement that they’d never amount to my complexion. Everyone must have a creator; and mine took the time to make sure she did it right.

The glittering diamond heart that dangled upon the base of my neck shimmered with my movements, casting shimmers of light along the tree trunks. ’They will come.’ Silk threaded lion-like tail curled, twitching to the sound of my creators thundering voice. Who she was referring to as they was beyond me; and in my past experiences with statements like that... well let’s just say that’s what lead me here. Collecting myself, a little more on edge than before I paused in the ray of moon light, haunting eyes narrow as I gaze into the darkness; appearing angelic as the soft evening breeze brushes and tousles the curls that dangle upon the curvature of my ivory neck. Tiara turned upwards to gaze upon the stars as they danced in the sky through the forest canopy. How I longed to be with them…

Ooc: Open to Anyone!
(Ignore the black space at the bottom of the table; I'll replace it with a picture when I get home <3)

’Creator Talk’
Credits

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Walking through the darkness may prove to be challenging for some but not for the dappled grey who was aided by his gifted light. While the glow was only enough to dimly light the immediate area around him it was enough to allow his eyes to adapt to the darkness with higher accuracy than most others who did not have such light. Strange? Most likely, considering the glow was emitted from the metallic array of floral vines that crept up the lower portion of body. So far he had not met anyone who had anything similar well except for his son that is. Smiling at the thoughts of his precious little colt he couldn't wait until he was able to see him again.

A blurred image flashed in front of his silver orbs drawing his attention to trying to figure out what exactly he had seen. The image was a bright shape within the darkness but as to where or what it was he had no idea. Kiara? His response was almost immediate as the image flashed before him once more as if he was the one looking at it. It lasted for only a couple seconds but from what he could make out it was an image of a unicorn. Stopping for a brief second to gaze around he turned to the left slightly before walking forward. Somewhere in the brush ahead was his bonded and from what he could tell she had come across a newcomer instead of some type of snack. Don't scare her, I'm coming. Shaking his head with a chuckle he hoped that she would be able to figure out what he had said. Their bond was still developing with each passing day but it was unclear as to how much of his thoughts the tigress could understand still being young herself. Not that seeing her would give you that impression as she had grown so much since her hatching. Her long sleek body looked to him to be full grown but he could not be sure as Kiara was the first of her kind he had met. Only time would tell.

Walking for a number of minutes he finally could feel his bonded close by, now where was this mare she had seen? Gazing around a splotch of colour against the darkness caught his eye, this had to be her didn't it? Shrugging he figured that he might as well go and see just to be sure. Nickering loudly before pausing a number of feet from where the mare stood he waited to see what the response would be. Around him the quiet of the forest continued with the crickets chirping away into the night.

Slinking quietly through the grass the tigress hoped to find something that might suit her taste. A pigeon or bouncy bunny perhaps that would make the hunt a little fun she muse silently as she walked along soundlessly. Rustling caught her senses as she froze listening intently for the noise before altering her path to head in its direction. Approaching slowly she kept low to the ground and hidden within the longer grass hoping to see something appetizing on the other end. Blue eyes caught the movement easily within the darkness as she moved in thinking that a deer was what she was seeing. A couple meters from the moving target disappointment hit her as the shape became clearer to reveal not a deer but a unicorn. Damn she had been hoping for food not something that she was not allowed to touch. Growling softly in displeasure with a flick of her striped tail she lay down within the long grass before trying to show her grey what she had found.

The jumbled humm she was able to pick up in response at least let her know he had gotten something. From the words she could partially make out and understand she heard: s..ca.re.. and co..me.. An idea took on its own light as she tried to figure out what he wanted, well scare could be fun but somehow she felt that she should just watch from a couple minutes to be sure. It was tempting but her grey would be mad at her if that was not what he want.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @[Celestia] •• NOTES: Hope you don't mind us dropping in ^^ ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Celestia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Celestia
I stood alone beneath the stars and shouted

Into the heavens at the top of my lungs
I often wonder why my creator has never told me her name; she always refers to herself as my master, my creator. And although her voice is powerful and demanding it contains some latency; as if a mother speaking to her young bold and firm, yet understanding. Considering myself lucky, knowing that others out there are not as blessed as myself. Born and created with deformities, and strange markings. It was filthy, lazy and most importantly disgusting. The forests silent song of night was interrupted by tromping steps; a bellowing call sent my lobes flying back against my skull. Nostrils flare with an angry snort as my glowing pools turn away from the heavens and off and to my left; gazing into the shadows as a creature approached.

A stallion at that; scarred in all his dappled features- I relax momentarily as I collect my thoughts, letting hollow ivory spheres stare at him hungrily. It was rather rude, to just run around screaming in the night- lobes perked in attention as ivory nape curved in a snakelike form to swallow his gaze as he basked in my glory. They were all the same I had been taught; they’re useless hard-headed animals that are only decent for reproduction. It was us, the mares who carried the foal for the rest of our lives, we taught it skills, birthed it- they just got to have a little fun and walk away laughing. Filthy creatures…

Lucky for him, he is of my kind- the only kind that can be trusted. I tilted my head as I glance at him up and down, curious to why no words seep from his lips upon his surely hungry tongue. "Can I help you?" I inquire bluntly, eyes beaming a vibrant hollow glare as I study his expression. Perhaps he is dumbfounded about my lush skin, maybe he has never seen one such as me; tail curves gently, long silk strands tufted and curled upon the ground. The air here smells musty- Different and I am unsure why; I can only hope this isn’t one of my creators tricks.

Ooc: xD She is so full of herself. @[Ciceron]
(Ignore the black space at the bottom of the table; I'll replace it with a picture when I get home <3)

’Creator Talk’
Credits

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Studying the fae for a number of seconds her odd hairless looking tail catches his eye. Somehow the mare seems to have only a small amount of hair at the very tip? It was oddly similar to Kiara's tail except for the powder puff at the end, was it possible for a unicorn to have a tail of a feline? Confused by the concept he wipes the question from his face making note to try and figure it out later on when he is alone. The whole concept of it was very interesting as this was something he had not noticed before on any of the others he had met so far here in Helovia. Perhaps others did carry a tail such as this and he had just been oblivious to the fact, it was quite possible.

As the mare finally turned her head in his direction he cautiously stepped forward to close the distance between them so not to seem rude. The blunt comment that he received threw him aback a little as it was the same question that he was planning to ask her. Well that made for the need to rephrase his sentence now didn't it. Kiara not liking to be excluded from conversation chose this time to come bounding up behind him as if to attack them from behind. Thankfully this was not the first time she had pulled this stunt enabling him to remain completely unfazed by her attempt at a threatening growl as she appeared out of the darkness. Sometimes he was not sure what inspired her creative ideas but she really needed to try this kind of stuff when strangers were not around. One of these days she was bound to give someone a heart attack he mused silently resisting the urge to shake his head. Turning his silver gaze down to his mischievous feline he was completely lost for something to say. Really... Catching his gaze Kiara smugly curled herself around his hind legs affectionately before sitting herself down at his hooves.

Turning his attention back to the unicorn before him hoping she had not decided to turn tail and run he managed to form words. "Hello miss, I'm sorry if this one caused you any grief, she just can't seem to help herself sometimes." Dipping his head slightly in greeting as he spoke he continued. " My name is Ciceron and this trouble maker is Kiara. I just noticed you here and thought I might come introduce myself as see if I might be able to help you find your way." Offering a kind smile he could only hope that his explanation would suit her curiosity.

Allowing a couple moments of silence for the fae to process things he gazed up wondering what it was that the mare had been looking at. Not seeing anything of interest he turned his gaze back to meet the fae. " I come from one of the herds here called the Hidden Falls and thought I might offer you a place to call home if you would like." That did not sound weird at all, oh boy thanks Kiara he said silently feeling a little awkward now.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @[Celestia] •• NOTES: So is Kiara so no worries haha xd ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
ULRIK the ENGINEER

Ah, the Hidden Falls. Ulrik walked into the clearing, having already made the journey from the northern realm to clear his head. The stallion was rugged in a way that only a harsh winter can cause. A thick beard trailed down his chin to hair between his front legs on his chest. The mane around his neck and the hairs on his long, elegant lion's tail were also thick and somewhat ill kept. None of this though, detracted from the fact that his wild appearance and mad glint in his bronze eyes screamed "danger".

"You really should bathe again, Ulrik," the hellhound muttered in his head, looking up with bored disinterest at the two other unicorns in the clearing. "You smell like what my dinner smells like when it sits too long."

"You could have told me earlier." Ulrik muttered through the bond.

"And miss the opportunity to watch you squirm in front of a pretty horse-lady? Hah!" The hellhound grinned up at him with a toothy smile, his wolf-like appearance black and hosting a similar tribal marking up his own left side. To punctuate his boredom, the hellhound walked to the edge of the clearing and rolled in the grass.

Ulrik watched after him with a glum expression for a moment before completely ignoring the stallion from the vastly lesser 'Falls'. News was that after the Foothills aided in the invasion with us, the entire land went to shit and now only hippies and pacifists lived there. Illynx had spoken of an alliance with every other herd except theirs, so Ulrik had absolutely no intention of even playing nice.

Instead, he regarded the lovely mare, his dark figure towering over hers as she stood so... daintily.

"Don't break her with your stare, Ulrik."

"Shut up."

Then, the Engineer bowed deeply in her presence, again, ignoring the gray in the midst. "I heard that you were offered a home, but I come to give you another option," he rumbled, the depth and grind to his voice fitting his already brutal physique. "The Aurora Basin is a land to the north, hidden within the mountains. Our kind, the unicorns, are always welcome, as we prefer to keep to our own culture," he said, having practiced that bullshit to hide the fact that equines and pegasus were simply... lesser.

"We boat a lake that never freezes, caves in the mountains as shelter, and the God of Time himself preserves us all. Should you choose to follow me, I will bring you to our well-protected lands, and you will quickly become family. " The stallion smiled in a way that was mad, even though he tried to make it seem much less daunting.

Credits: Image by LyrebirdBlue @ DA

(Please tag me in every post)