The Shadows on Your Face

Jakar Posts: 14
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 5 :: Tallsun HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vitani :: Plain Hellhound :: Acid Adoptable
Going in for the kill.

She. Was. Here.
Here.
In this wretchedly overgrown mosh pit of pathetic whiny creatures begging others to give them a home in which they didn't deserve. I wondered momentarily if the self-righteous mare had begged another for a home, I wondered if she had caused as much havoc on their lives as she had mine and my father's.
Regardless, I didn't believe it would be hard to find the creature who went by the name of Snö. It had been easy enough following her here into these strange lands that seemed to have just the one entrance. Pieces of hair caught and snagged by branches and briers had been just enough that I knew she was here. Of course tracking her in this thick growth was much harder than it had been outside of these lands, and getting away from my father had been even easier. The fool slept like a rock, and if he stayed put for more than a day I was certain he would be slaughtered in his sleep by one of the many enemies he had made in his lifetime.
Dark tipped harks swiveled as I attempted to gather an idea as to where exactly my target was. My sooty paper thins flared as I sucked in deep breath after deep breath in efforts to catch the varnish mare's perfume once more, but instead of her sweet scent I was met only by a barrage of other creatures. Creatures that I had no desire to run into or even be near. But at the moment, I was at a stand still. There was nowhere to go as of yet.
I couldn't let her get away.
Not this time.
So rather I accepted defeat for the moment being as my hooves ceased moving forwards and my harks returned to their natural turned back setting. I wasn't here to make friends with the Natives of this strange sounding land, everything vibrated with the sound of others speaking. Laughter, happiness, and in some places even the depression of rejection all assaulted each and every one of my senses that were heightened by years of training and conditioning. But none of them even resembled the varnished mare that I had been hunting, but maybe one of them would know who she was and lead me to her.
A plan began formulating in my mind over how I would convince a stranger to lead another stranger to someone who could possibly mean a lot to them. Maybe I would play the role of a lover, or a brother who just desperately wanted to get in touch with the havoc causing mare. Or better yet, I was one of her loving followers who believed her to be a martyr because of the released rats she had let go from my father's lab. Either way, I would find the mare and make her pay for all the pain and suffering she had caused.
But this time, it would be at my own hand rather than my father's.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[]
Words;; 504
Notes;; Marked as Basin as that is where he will be going, but feel free to reply if you would like to meet him. I'm also sorry it's utter shit, trying to get into his character is going to be interesting

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
The taciturn, quiet stallion had been hiding in the Aurora Basin for a long time now, preferring his quiet and solitude to create his metal machines. However, every genius needed a break, especially with a son he had not intended to make. Not that he did not have every interest in his child, but lets just say that children were not on his mind when Illynx had seduced him. She was very good at that. Even now, he was not sure that he could muster the word 'no' to her face.

So, a walk was in order. An incredibly long walk. Ulrik had stalked his way through Helovia like a cruel, black shadow with Kirchoff complaining at his side every step of the way. Ulrik had actually grown to be quite fond of the hellhound, and he knew that the hound was also fond of him in his own way. The complaints only brought a smile to Ulrik's dark lips and a sparkle to his mad, bronze eyes.

Ulrik moved into the forest and looked around, wondering if he could bring any new unicorns unto the Aurora Basin. He had served the herd well in some ways, but he had not been a good ambassador (and for a good reason). The quiet and bizarre stallion was a poor conversationalist, often making other uncomfortable with his intense, studious stare. In reality, he was just awkward, unsure of what to do in a social setting and much preferring the comfort of his own, intelligent and twisted mind.

Having lived in the Basin for so long and not leaving made his already thick hair even thicker. Every bit a classical vision of unicorn, his lion tail was thick and long beard trailed down to thick, long hair on his chest. Two horns protruded from his brow, one long and one short, but his most striking feature was the bronze, tribal marking that ran down his left shoulder. Ulrik was unmistakable, so he was careful with who would remember his appearance.

The Engineer spied a stallion of nearly equal height among the trees and observed the way he seemed to be looking and smelling for someone. He raised a brow curiously, walking with confidence in his direction. Kirchoff, his fast hound who looked quite wolf-like, rounded Ulrik's body, looking at the stranger as well. He wondered if the stallion came from a unicorn herd and was of the proper mindset... Hm...

Kirchoff's eyes swept him over, wiser after his first battle. "Seems battle hardened." Ulrik grunted in agreement in his mind. "Looking for someone?" Ulrik asked? His tones harsh and gravelly.

Ulrik

(Please tag me in every post)

Going in for the kill.

It felt like I had been standing here idly for hours before anyone showed up. Of course, it hadn't been that long at all, but after the constant movement from tracking the varnished mare to these strange lands, standing still for even a moment felt like too long. Dark rimmed harks pressed flat against my skull, hidden in the mass of snow frosted mane that sprouted along my spine as the sound of another making it's way towards me. The sound of the other's hooves against the wooded terrain would likely be lost to most others, but I had been trained to pick up on the slightest difference of my surroundings and the sound of wood breaking under the weight of some creature was entirely different than that of the others chatting away mindlessly.
It wasn't long after that, that the dark frame of the stallion broke through the tree line followed soon by an equally as dark canine who's eyes were the color of the moon whereas the stallion's were that of the sun. How curious. My harks moved forwards slowly as I peered at the odd couple, what did they want with me? Better yet, did they know Snö and would they prove useful in my hunt for the varnished mare?
"Looking for someone?" The bronze marked stallion spoke as if on cue with my thoughts, his voice just as rough and underused as I assumed mine would be if I were to ever crack my sooty velvets apart. My own cruelean pools drifted over the stallion momentarily, taking in the duo of horns that sprouted unevenly from the front of his skull to the tail that seemed almost feline with the way it twisted and coiled as he stood there. The long, normal tail that grew from my rear swished gently at my ankles as I turned my calculating gaze back to the stallion before forcing my vocal chords into movement. "Aren't we all looking for someone?" A malicious grin cracked my stony features as the graveled words fell from split kissers, hopefully this brute would find amusement in my slight insanity or else this meeting would come to a close fairly quickly.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Ulrik]
Words;; 367 D:
Notes;; I had like, zero muse. But I felt like I had to get something up for you <3 I am so so so so so sorry this is utter shit. I really don't know why I can't post right tonight.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

As the stallion regarded him, Ulrik stood without movement or care. He did not mind be looked at, ogled at, glared at, stared at or any other eyeballing, really. He knew what he looked like, and he couldn't change it, so the others could either deal with it or leave. If this stallion wanted to leave because of his appearance though, he would be quite hypocritical. The tall bay, perhaps not quite as dark as his in body, still held traces of battle and the dangerous weapon upon his brow.

He would be a force to be reckoned with, and this is why Ulrik would offer him a home among his kind. The Engineer's mad, keen bronze eye bore into the stranger's in a way that was as unbiased and chaotic as the earth itself. He was a student of natural law, a creator of the unthinkable, and a manipulator of spark. There was nothing in this world that would scare him anymore.

So, when the stallion across from him shot him a question and gave a familiar, mad grin, Ulrik raised a brow. He considered the question for a moment, weighing it seriously. The Engineer was a literal creature. "No," he finally answered, not feeling any guilt over his possibly crushing response. Ulrik was not looking or searching for anyone. He had all he needed.

He was, however, always seeking new natural laws to exploit in his machines. The Engineer would forever be a student of the earth. "I seek only knowledge," he replied, looking into the madness of blue eyes that was reflected in his own bronze ones. "But you seek someone. Who?" While Ulrik was sure that he would not know how this stallion sought, he would ask anyway. IF he was to invite this stranger into his home, he needed to know his motives.

lulzrik

I watched the curious looking stallion and his canine stood there without any kind of movement that would show life other than the slight raise and fall of their rib cages. Otherwise they could almost be mistaken for statue decorations to welcome the new comers into the lands or rather scare away those who weren't worthy of entrance. Ebony tipped harks flicked forward ever so slightly as my darkened kissers parted and came back together in order to answer the stallion's question with one of my own.
Humor wasn't really on the top of my list of skills, in fact, it was probably one of the lower right next to tact and a couple other things that only fools dabbled in. It seemed that the bronze marked creature before me was one of similar character as his twin horned skull dipped ever so slightly as if he was thinking over a proper answer to the failed attempt at avoiding answering his own. "No." I nodded slightly, the very corners of my charcoaled kissers turning up into the ghost of a grin as I thought over the stallion's response. So he was one of the few that had no target set in their lives. Maybe he was content for the time being and eventually that no would turn into a heartfelt yes, or maybe not.
Who knew.
"I seek only knowledge, but you seek someone. Who?" My crystal pools drifted back to the stallion, meeting his molten metal eyes as I wondered over what the stallion seeked in knowing who it was that I was searching for. My mind drifted to the pallid hued mare who had caused so much havoc in my life in such a short period, flickers of anger flashed through my frame but they were quickly extinguished by a mixture of other feelings. There were many feelings when the image of the varnished mare came forward, she was stunningly beautiful and smart, she also had more of a backbone than I had ever seen in a mare. But she had done my family wrong and I wasn't sure what exactly I was going to do when I found her. I allowed my terra hued lids to flash quickly over the blue of my irises before focusing back on reality and the duo who stood before me. My harks flicked to the side as kissers began to move so words could be formed. "Why should I trust you with that information stranger?" All of the maniacal qualities that had been present in my original question were washed away as the tone turned serious. What if I told this bronze marked steed and he was some kind of lover of the varnished mare? Or better yet, if I followed him and wound up the prisoner of some oddly marked cult?

"words."
Tag;; @[Ulrik]
Words;; 472
OOC;; Sorry this took so long dear, was struggling with muse for a bit

Jakar
going in for the kill
x - x

Ulrik watched as he took his words in stride, not too affected by his admittance. Even Illynx understood that Ulrik would never love her more than he would love the earth itself and his glorious creations. Part of him was hooked on her for that; she wanted and demanded nothing from him but a child, and he rather liked his kid. The mechanic shifted his weight as the stranger offered another question, and Ulrik was beginning to get tired of this pointless back and forth without an ending.

The Engineer snorted and shrugged slightly, thick hair cascading over one of his broad shoulders. "I am Ulrik the Engineer," he said, introducing himself and ignoring the question for now. "I am the crafter for a herd of our kind located in a land to the north called the Aurora Basin." The massive beast shifted his stance slightly, leonine tail curling around one of his hind legs in a languid way.

"I have been in this land for a long time and have seen much. Your trust is not my concern, but if you seek someone, chances are, I know who." Okay, well that was maybe a lie. Ulrik didn't exactly get out much. But, he knew the unicorns of his herd incredibly well, and he knew some others too. At the very least he knew "of" them and could send him in the right direction. "You can tell me or not tell me, but I can at least offer you a home. The Aurora Basin welcomes all of our kind. I cannot take you there myself now, as I have errands to run, but go north. In the mountains, you will find a narrow pass guarded by two, metal behemoths. That is the entrance."

Kirchoff raised a brow. Errands? Oh, this was news to him.

lulzrik

Cerulean pools watched as the stallion's bronze marked shoulder lifted and fell in a shrug before words began to spill once more from his darkened velvets. "I am Ulrik the Engineer, I am the crafter for a herd of our kind located in a land to the north called the Aurora Basin." When he spoke, the question of why I should trust him had been avoided and rather he got right to the point, introducing himself of a handyman of some herd that resided to the north. Dark tipped harks flicked back and then forth once more as I looked to the north wondering if that was where my path would take me.
If anything, it would be wise to have a place to rest while searching for the beautiful, but trouble-making mare who was the entire reason I found myself in these strange lands. "Ulrik." As I spoke my white dashed skull bobbed up and down in a quick nod of respect before I turned to rest blue eyes upon the stallion and his lupine companion once more. "I am Jakar from a land far from here." The name of the lands that had once belonged to my father meant nothing to the bronzed stallion who stood before me, nor did I care to offer that information as it could be held against me at some later time. Where I came from the unicorn species ruled over all, but here...they could very well be at the bottom of the totem pole. A shudder rolled over my terra pelt at the thought of having to answer to some kind of feather brain.
"I have been in this land for a long time and have seen much. Your trust is not my concern, but if you seek someone, chances are, I know who. You can tell me or not tell me, but I can at least offer you a home. The Aurora Basin welcomes all of our kind. I cannot take you there myself now, as I have errands to run, but go north. In the mountains, you will find a narrow pass guarded by two, metal behemoths. That is the entrance." The stallion's words settled into the grey matter that pulsed beneath the thick layer of skull and again I glanced to the north. If the rest of the creatures that rested behind the metal beasts were anything like this creature who stood before me. I was in one hell of a ride. Clearing my throat I began to speak, having decided to finally give up my target to the bronzed statue. "I search for a mare by the name of Snö. If you know of her whereabouts, the information would be much appreciated." My ebony tail flicked against scarred hips as I took a step towards the north and away from the horrible forest that seemed to close in around you. "But you can always find me in the Basin once your errands have been completed." I nodded once more before beginning my trek to find the metal beasts in the snow. "Until next time Engineer." My final remark boomed over my shoulders as my walk turned into a canter that would bring me quickly through these lands and into the wintery grasp of the Basin.

"words."
Tag;; @[Ulrik]
Words;; 552
OOC;; Feel free to respond again if you would like <3 Either way, this thread is finished!

Jakar
going in for the kill
x - x