the Rift

[PRIVATE] discovery

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
All this time, Aurelia was called crazy, but perhaps something else is in the works. She is smart, perhaps not exactly rational, but intelligent. Aurelia, she understands some things, that make her stand out. Yet, the only thing everyone knows about the gold mare, is that she is psychotic. Did anyone ever think about getting to know her? I do not mean just merely knowing her name. I mean being able to learn why she acts how she does. Sure, I could tell you her positive traits, but you'll have to see for yourself. Will you be surprised when you realize it's not all bad?

She soars like an eagle. Each stroke of her ivory wings screams passion. Each time she banks, her body oozes confidence. Today, she feels marvelous. Her small break from Helovia did her good, and now she has come back and energetic ball of saneness. Well-- semi-saneness.

Aurelia is pulled from her thoughts of Destry, the Throat, Africa, and everything else currently happening to her, including Kahlua, when she notices a large shape in the sky. At first, she thinks that there is some large monster attacking the Veins of the Gods. Then, she realizes that it could be a portal to another world. Maybe a world where they love her? She flies closer to the shape and notices that is it a huge slab of floating... ground? Ground in the sky? She decides to investigate. Eventually, she lands on this ground, prepared to spring open her wings and fly if this island either falls to the ground with the added weight or begins attacking her.

She walks to the edge of the island, where the cherry blossoms end and waterfalls cascade off the island. She gazes down at Helovia, the beautiful land tainted with ugly souls. Will she ever get used to it here? "What is this? Do the gods know about this?" Perhaps it's a summon, perhaps it isn't. But she attempts to think about the gods, hoping one of them will read her mind and come. Is that even a thing, though?

@[Cera]

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

C e r a</style>
          & Ilaria
hearing your voice, I'm overjoyed

His parting with Sikeax had been anticipated, but Cera could not ignore the siren's call that drew him back to the mysterious floating island. It was clearly crafted by the Gods, if the cloud travel in the Veins was anything to go by that he'd seen when Sikeax had investigated. Truly it was a beautiful place, and he was awfully intrigued by it. Even after exploring it with Sikeax there was so much more to see, to experience. So with his duties completed for the morn, the young Diviner had returned to the beautiful earth structure hanging in the sky. It was a pleasant atmosphere that greeted him, one that made all heat a distant memory. Cherry blossoms caught in his mane and lovingly caressed his wings, turning his pale expanse pink even as he tread past their beautiful collection of trees.

Ilaria did not bother to pluck them from the pale strands, finding them more amusing than anything. They were quite beautiful on the young stallion, though not particularly masculine, not that Cera cared for traditional views on gender or appearance. But Ilaria notices a pale bodice perched upon the precipice of the edge of the earth, clouds drifting like intangible buffers against an unpleasant trip down to the earth or the sea. Though his experience with Sikeax proves to him that you cannot fall from the edge, he worries for the lass peering down over the rocky output.

Her words touch his aurals, but Cera is more careful to announce himself after scaring Sikeax the same way previously. Nickering softly he approaches with a smile, nearly glowing with the friendly nature he carried so easily. "Hello," he crooned. Standing perpendicular to the dame, Cera lets his wings flutter to a close, clasping around his belly comfortably as emerald eyes dance with interest. "It is a creation of the Gods, or that is the most favored rumor. I've yet to convene with the Lord of Light to clarify that. The entrance for those without the capability of flight lies within the Veins, after all." Ilaria amusedly reminds him of his encounter with Sikeax and he sheepishly turns his face down towards pale hooves.

"Sorry, my manners have escaped me again. My name is Cera, I'm the Diviner of the Dragon's Throat. May I ask your own calling, my lady?" Raised by an old-fashioned, gentlemanly General had certainly left its mark on the young stallion. Regardless, Cera smiles beautifully at her, hoping to make yet another friend should their meeting go well.

image credits
table by whit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

baylee
[Image: 528944e73aa0f]

Aurelia the BlazeQueen
i set fire, to the rain...

The silence of the forest vanished as a whinny was called into the sky. Aurelia's short ears twisted forwards as she glances up from the beautiful landscape in front of her to see a stallion. He is colored similarly to Nasreen, the mare Aurelia had met once in the threshold. He simply says hello, then answers her questions. The thought of this winged creature being a god slips across her mind, but when he says he has yet to convene with the Lord of Light, that thought leaves her mind. He tells her that there are rumors that this land is a creation of the gods, and Aurelia adopts that theory, it being one of the least scariest ones. After he speaks to me of the island, he introduces himself. "Nice to meet you Cera. I was recently the wise one of the World's Edge. And I have spoken to Africa about rejoining the Dragon's Throat." She giggles softly, remembering the insanity of the challenge and her position. "I'm Aurelia."

She drops her head to the grass, her muzzle mere inches from delectable blades of green grass. She breathes in deeply, her lungs expanding hide, making her seem fatter than she has become since returning to Helovia after a short break. Upon lifting her head back up to it's normal position, she speaks. "It's smells so fresh, untainted. It must be a creation of the gods themselves." I glance upward, seeing the clear blue sky. There isn't a cloud out today (except for the ones on the side of the island.)

"Cera, if you don't mind me asking... How an we be sure something horrible has not happened? What is this seemingly peaceful island is just the gods trying to cover up their mistakes?" Oh yes, this is question-Aurelia. She was like this once with Gaucho, but that stallion seemed so devout to his patron, that no matter what she said, he wouldn't dare question his gods. Is Cera similar to Gaucho in this respect?

"blah blah blah."

C e r a</style>
          & Ilaria
hearing your voice, I'm overjoyed

Gold laced visage turns towards him in acknowledgement of the sound that graced her aurals, and Cera was relieved to see no traces of frustration or disgust upon her face. At least he was well-received for the time being. Giving the maiden her space as he approached, he made sure he didn't encroach upon her bubble and paused his steps in acknowledgement of that. Pleasure floods his face as she speaks softly, effervescent giggles punctuating the sentences she crafts, discovering she was a potential herdmate in the future. Soon after her name is revealed, and Cera kindly bows, sweeping his wing aside and bending knee in a flourish before straightening with a glowing smile. "A pleasure, miss Aurelia." Perhaps she is too young for such a formal manner of address, but Cera has never found respect to be restricted to an age or rank.

Turning slightly to be more parallel to her bodice as she drops her crown to inhale the scents of the earth they stand upon, he enjoys the view in momentary tranquil silence as he awaits her own words. Basking in the incredible scenery before him, a little boggled to see the familiar view from above the earth without flying, he merely hums in agreement to her statement. She joins him in a moment, the two staring up at the sky devoid of any clouds that Tallsun afternoon. It wasn't odd, but it was a beautiful azure, and the scent of the blossoms still clinging to his mane only furthered the nearly ethereal feel of the island floating beneath them, solid yet still so strange.

Emerald eyes flick over to Aurelia to regard her attentively as she speaks, extending a question. This one requires far more depth of thought than the previous statements she'd made, overlooking the conspicuous difference that this was phrased in an inquisitory fashion while the others were merely observations. "Now, these are merely my own thoughts, of course. But when I spoke to the God of the Sun, he had phrased in such a way speaking to those gathered that the wraiths were not a creation of the celestials that guide Helovia. Maybe this is a gift? An apology for the cramped space of the Sanctuary?" He recalls those damp caverns and a shudder plays like piano keys down the ivory notes of his vertebrae.

"The Sanctuary was the only way they could protect us, but it was done as quickly as could be created. It was also a desire to bring us closer, to eradicate the boundaries created by alliances. They hope to guide us into an era of peace, now. Maybe this is their attempt to make a place where there are no herds, no ties. A place of tranquility, a meeting ground, a neutral territory." Realizing he was speaking a little too much, he laughed sheepishly and shook his head at himself. Sometimes he got a little carried away in his musings, but perhaps that was why he'd been made Diviner.

"Apologies, the Gods are certainly interesting beings, I fear even the Wise Ones will never fully understand them." He turned to look at her and motioned with his wing to move away from the edge of the island. "Would you like to walk with me? Perhaps you can tell me why you are not quite ready to join us in the Throat? If it is your decision from what you alluded to, of course." Cera certainly didn't want to make assumptions. Ilaria huffed from his shoulders and tangled her paws into his mane, splaying over his spine lazily as she half-dozed during their conversation, making Cera laugh softly and shake his head at her as they walked.

image credits
table by whit

baylee

Aurelia the BlazeQueen

He bows after I say my name, and I giggle once more. That's never happened to me. I've never been worthy of a bow. He calls me Miss Aurelia and I get little tingles up and down my spine. I rather like not being judged for my past irrational decisions. The feeling of being able to just talk is pleasurable, and even as Cera and I enter the rather interesting conversation of gods and whether they have done good or bad, I feel relaxed and at ease. After Cera says what he thinks, I realize why he is in a Wise One rank. He is quite wise.

"Oh, yea. The Sanctuary was not the best living quarters." I pause for a moment, sipping in air, and as I do, Cera continues. Filling me with more knowledge than many horses could ever have filled me up with. He speaks of peace, and quickly, I remember Gaucho telling me of invasion after invasion. If peace is so obtainable as building a floating island and making the horses friends, why didn't the gods do this years ago? Why has it taken so many invasions, murders, challenges, and all those type of things for the gods to realize peace needs to happen quickly.

"Being the World's Edge Seer has made me learn something. Gods are not easy to reach. Only the few lucky ones are able to even catch a glimpse of a god. How do they expect there to be peace if they do not come down here and demand it of us? Do they expect us mortals to simply not be greedy and wish for power?" Yes, I'm a greedy mortal. I challenged for leadership, big whoopdido. It won't happen again.

Cera invites me to walk with him. "Oh, yes! I'd love to walk with you, Cera." I smile and begin walking next to him. I notice the animal on his back. "Who is your friend?" My smile grows wider, but hidden behind it is a rising pain. I had a friend, once upon a time.

"So, you want to hear why I'm not exactly in the Throat yet?" My voice is soft, but it's not like I am telling a huge secret. Why I am not in the Throat is no secret. I wouldn't mind if everyone knew why. "When I was little, Africa found me in the Threshold. She took me in a began raising me like her sister. One day, I went out wandering, and ended up in the North, where I was attacked by a stallion. He had tried to rip my wings off. I decided to leave the Throat after that. I thought Africa wouldn't notice me leave, considering she was always piled up with work. She was the herd's oracle, a good one, too. And with the controversy of Gaucho being Sultan, I thought no one would notice me leave, but they did. I would've died from the loss of blood if the God of the Earth hadn't saved me. Now, I seek to rejoin, but Africa will not let me. She no longer trusts me, but I made the decision to leave when I was barely a yearling. I am not allowed to rejoin until the beginning of Frostfall." There it is, a part of my story. My long ass, dramatic story.

"blah blah blah."

Cera
all i've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you

Bubbly giggles only broaden the smile on the young lad's face, pleased to have made the pale doe laugh even if he didn't know her well. To spread happiness at all was enough for Cera. And even as they delve into deeper, more serious topics he never feels awkward, sharing his thoughts freely even while deeply considering them prior to speaking them. He was always one to think before speaking after all. It was a pleasant discussion, an intelligent one, and Cera was almost excited. He rarely got to speak with others, and to have anybody truly care about his opinions, his thoughts, was almost overwhelming. In an entirely positive way.

Nodding along to her amused recollection of the Sanctuary, his only frown is of contemplation as she speaks further. Rolling the words he could potentially say upon his tongue he bides his time and listens attentively, soaking in her opinion and the sway of her voice like a sponge. "I can't truly say I understand. Ever since I was a very young colt, I was immersed in the presence of the Gods. I call the God of the Earth by the title of Grandfather, and I have known him since my first memories can stretch. I serve the God of the Sun, equally. I think, miss Aurelia, that you must go and honestly seek their presence. Have you ever visited the Shrines?" He peers at her in honest curiosity, eyes dancing in emerald hues as they gaze at her.

"When my life became troubled, I would go and pray. I was always answered, in some way. The Gods do not demand of us, miss Aurelia. If they did, would they not be more like rulers? We would be slaves, obeying their orders. No, I believe the Gods are merely there to guide us. We have to make our own mistakes in order to grow, and that is what they want, for us to grow and become wiser." Is his faith in the Gods too strong? Maybe, but he speaks with a soft voice and a gentle persuasion, hoping to show Aurelia what he sees. Grant her the lenses of his vision for a moment. Whether or not she changes from his words is up to her, but he hopes she does not hold such bitterness for the Gods, if only because he wanted her to see how giving they could be.

"I don't think they expect us not to be greedy. It is in mortal nature to desire, to hunger. I think they do expect us to respect that they are the ones who grant us such power, and to show that respect when requesting it. Does that make sense?" Crown tilts inquisitively, hoping he is not confusing Aurelia with how he chooses to word his statements. Laughing softly to himself, amused that he cannot seem to grasp the right words, he wishes he could explain to her better how he feels since that is what she desires to know. "I have seen many greedy mortals achieve such power merely because they respect the Gods, and when they hold conference with them show such awe. We are at their mercy, miss Aurelia, and yet all they do is guide and aid us. Is that not enough for us to respect them? They are benevolent, in their own ways." Even if the benevolent ways of the Moon and Time Gods were rather convoluted.

Elation wells up inside of him as she agrees to walk beside him, smiling brighter than the sun as he turns and begins to match the pace of her hooves. Turning to peer at the sleepy-eyed panda upon his shoulder at Aurelia's question, he laughed. "This is Ilaria. She's a tad sleepy, or she'd surely greet you more thoroughly." As if enforcing his words, Ilaria peeked open one eye and chittered happily at Aurelia, bushy tail swishing excitedly over Cera's spine before she began to nod off again, a more nocturnal creature by nature.

Aurelia's story unravels before him, a picturesque painting hued by the shades of her perspective, and he listens with a quiet reverence as she shares such an intimate part of her history with him. It's quite an honor to be awarded such information so soon, and Cera cherishes the fact that he is apparently trustworthy enough to have it shared with him. Sighing softly he offered a smile and lifted the wing closest to the pale fae in an attempt to share a soft, consoling touch. "Old wounds sting deep and ache long after they are made, miss Aurelia. Africa likely felt abandoned, yes? So her perspective is colored by that emotion, and it is indeed a strong one. Maybe it is not a good thing, I cannot judge that, but attempt to see from her eyes. Celebrate that you will be allowed such passage, in time. I will certainly celebrate with you," he laughed, attempting to brighten the maiden's mood. His scar aches and he stretches his neck to loosen it, finding it odd that it should twinge when normally it only happens in cold weather. Shrugging it off he looks back to the path ahead, Ilaria's soft cooing snores making him smile.

"I'm afraid my stories are rather lengthy or I would share one with you." He wouldn't even know what to share, truthfully, but he would oblige her if she were ever interested.

Image Credit

baylee

Aurelia the BlazeQueen
not everything that is golden shines...

Cera, he is quite intelligent. How has he not yet assumed the position of lead? It would not be hard for him. He is charismatic, sweet, and intelligent. Cera is probably one in a handful of horses that have been able to be on my good side quite quickly after the beginning of the conversation, and if he is able to do that, surely he can get on many horses' good sides. Then again, he may just not want to be lead. I imagine that happens sometimes.

He begins speaking of his life with the Gods. To me, it seems that he has been a lucky one that has been fortunate enough to be around the Gods. "Indeed. I've prayed once, or twice, but I'm a frequenter to the Veins. I feel connected to myself there... in a strange way?" I smile and shrug my shoulders as best as a horse can. Our conversation continues, and with each passing minute, I find myself observing this stallion as a wise creature and not some high-ranked, possible option for lead. I do not care about his rank. I care about his personality. I won't allow him to get special privileges for his rank, especially when I got no privilege whatsoever with my rank.

His next words force me to grow a new appreciation for the painted stallion, the one with the thing on it's back. "Perhaps if they demand us around, they would be leaders. Gods probably make mistakes, too. I would not be surprised if I found out that one of the gods had made a huge mistake, it in our DNA to make mistakes, I understand that. Tell me, Cera, would a world ruled by gods be a utopia or dystopia? Surely everything would be more peaceful. If one could not challenge a god for leadership, there would be no greed for power. The gods can fix the issues that have clearly bested us." I don't know where this idea came from, but it sounds a lot better to have the gods in charge than us. "Yes, that does make sense." This is all I say about the point he has made. I guess there is no argument I can think of right now.

I do not say anything to his next string of words. I do not need to. I am in deep thought and it shows on my features. It feels as if there is a war in my head. A war between good and evil, gods, and no gods. The only certain in my life, for now, is Destry, the spark girl who stole my heart than told me how she felt.

We begin walking and our conversation does not falter to continue. "Oh, Ilaria. That's a beautiful name." I smile at the red-colored panda. She is a panda right? She kinda looks like a raccoon fox hybrid thing. She is adorable, nonetheless.

"It'd be a honor if you would celebrate with me." I smile at him and prance a little, still staying next to him, though. I feel happy, even after telling him what happened, the sad story. "If you ever want to talk, I am here for you, Cera." My voice is steady, honest. I like Cera, he's cool. Though I wish to here a story told by him, I do not push him. I'd rather not here the story over him getting offended at me asking.

"blah blah blah."

Cera

Idly he wonders if what Aurelia experiences at the birth sight of the Gods echoes all who visit it, for he had always felt whole and at peace when visiting the magical place, even after it had suffered destruction at the absence of the Gods. "It's not strange at all, miss Aurelia. Whenever I find myself standing where they have once walked, once lived...it's a unique experience, one you would not be surprised many share," he assured, smiling like a soft ray of sunshine winking through willow branches. She does not give herself enough credit, and had Cera been aware of her self-deprecating nature he would have righted it as quickly as possible. After all, she inspired such an intellectual conversation, one he was thoroughly enjoying and delving deep into. It was inspiring, truly, and he could spend all his days speaking with her in such a way. It was almost saddening to know he could not enjoy her company daily until the first flakes fell upon the earth in winter's reach.

"Would it be more peaceful, miss Aurelia? Power corrupts, in the cases of many. Perhaps our issues could be fixed, but what of independence? Free will? There is violence because we are unique, miss Aurelia. A sad fate, yes, but one that can only be made by the differences of desires and opinions. And when we are mortal, and they far from, how could we fight any corruption that may overtake them?" Cera knew his gods were benevolent, would not be corrupted in such a simple fashion, but he wove an image through strands of possibilities to show to Aurelia a future far more broken than she envisioned. "If they were to grow into their power, to begin to treat us as nothing more than pawns, we would not be able to fight back. But in our herds, we can challenge. We can come together and change things, save ourselves if we are ever put into a situation where we are made to suffer. Maybe the intervention of the Gods should be more frequent in our lives, I would certainly not object, but I know many who don't even like to be told what to do by those who have birthed them." A playful smile curled his lips and he laughed softly at that, crown shaking fondly. "Who is to say that those same souls would not object to being told what to do multiple times by a God? No, I think in their ancientness, the Gods are wiser than I or any other. I trust in their ways, in how they do not rule us. But I do not press upon you the same, miss Aurelia, for like I said, we are all of different mindsets." Fond smile makes it clear that Cera was in no way upset with her, and is instead thoroughly enjoying their debate. Her thoughtful expression reveals to him only one thing- he is doing his job right.

Conversation switches to a far more pleasant topic, not that the previous was unpleasant in the least, but any mention of Ilaria was better than anything else. She was the center of his word, after all. The red panda cooed lovingly, eyeing Aurelia with appreciation as her tail flickered excitedly at the praise, extending a paw into the air and waving it as if beckoning Aurelia closer to pat her. Pale one is very wise, she purred in his mind, causing Cera to laugh. "Oh dear, you've certainly stroked her ego. She says thank you," he added, smiling freely. "Her name means happy, or cheerful. I've always found it very fitting." Glancing over shoulder the two shared a loving gaze, Ilaria cooing and tangling her paws in his tresses to pull herself up and butt her fuzzy cranium against Cera's cheek.

"Consider it planned," he giggled, winking long snowy lashes her way, for a celebration would surely be fun. Even so her seriousness sobers him, and his smile is sincere and grateful as he answers her. "Thank you, miss Aurelia. Is there anything you wish to know? I am truly an open book, do not fear offending or pressuring me, if you are interested then speak," he reassured, for she seemed to be wanting to ask something yet no words spilled from her pale lips.

Image Credit

baylee

Aurelia the BlazeQueen

She listens to him. She listens good and hard, as if he is preaching something that will save her life. He says that if gods were in power, mortals would (basically) have no chance. Would we really become pawns? Perhaps I could imagine the Moon Goddess dancing around in the night, having mortal slaves do whatever she wants. The thought of the gods do that to us sends shivers down my spine. He says a lot, and I take it all in, but one thing he says sits awkwardly in my mind. "There is violence because we are unique, miss Aurelia. A sad fate, yes, but one that can only be made by the differences of desires and opinions." Though I do not show it, these words strung together displeases me. I guess I am very unique then. I created unnecessary violence in the World's Edge and in the Hidden Falls. Even up North, when I was a yearling, violence surrounded me. I guess I desire more than others? Surely there has to be other horses that have challenged for lead before, right? He says that it is a 'sad fate', and I begin to analyze my life. I really suck. Why can't I just be normal and not crazy?

I realize that, in my deep thought, I have missed most of what he has said. "You make very valid points, Cera." I nod, confirming my statement. "You have pressed nothing on me so far. I'm delighted that I finally have someone to talk to about all this stuff." I offer him a smile that emits a child-like glee.

As we begin walking, Ilaria seems to have taken a liking to me. She beckons me over with her paw, and I do so, slowing my stride down so my head will be next to her. I stretch my muzzle (hopefully) over Cera's wing and hold it close to Ilaria, so she can do to me as she pleases. I don't quite understand that she is calling me over to be pet yet. I slowly recoil myself away from Cera as he reaches over and looks at his beautiful companion. He tells me her name means happy and cheerful. "It does seem to fit her well!" I giggle softly and glance at Ilaria. She reminds me somewhat of Shilva, and that makes me said, but my emotions stay happy. Cera should never know that behind my laughs and smiles, there is a great deal of pain.

I guess my celebration is a set thing now! He winks, his eyelashes brushing the air as he does so. Now, I notice his handsome eyes. Mine aren't exactly beautiful, in fact, I'm sure some people consider them repulsing, but I like them because they are mine. They are uniquely me. He asks me if there is anything I wish to know, and now, I feel as though I should ask and see if he knows where my kids are. Perhaps if he does, I can take Voodoo to see them. "I do have a question. Are there any foals in the Throat?"

"blah blah blah."

Cera

It was an honor, in some odd way, for Aurelia to care so deeply about his words and what he was sharing with her. He wasn't one to call himself wise or worldly, he was far too humble for that. Whatever it was that the God of the Sun had seen sheltered inside of Cera's soul, the painted child was unaware of what it truly was. There was no need for him to search for what it was, to try and define it. Cera trusted his Lord, and in that faith he found no desire to try and give name to what it was that made him worthy to be the Sun God's apostle. It was more than enough payment, to have others like Aurelia hang upon his word, to trust him, and ask him to deliver them from the darkness of their lives with the light his Lord had shone deep into his soul.

Her smile soothes whatever worries lingering in his mind, that he is preaching instead of guiding. His own echoes hers, relieved. "I'm glad my incessant talking doesn't put you off," he admitted with a sheepish laugh. They begin to walk once more, this time in the quiet echoes of his lingering words, simply reveling in the ability to put his mind at rest and his talkative tongue to silence. Ilaria is nigh obsessed with the pale maiden, tail wagging slowly against Cera's skin. When Aurelia steps closer she makes soft, happy sounds, pleased to have been obeyed. Reaching out with fuzzy paws she attempted to wrap them round Aurelia's face and place her fuzzy belly and chin against the flat planes of her forehead.

Cera smiles at the pair of them until they separate, wing dropped low on his side to allow them the ability to greet one another. Ilaria purred and crawled up to lay behind his ears, flopping down as Cera laughed aloud and lightly tossed his head to make her grump and slap one paw against his cheek in reprimand. Cera's eyes sparked and he swayed and bounced around on dancing hooves while Ilaria papped him and the two reveled in a momentary lapse of seriousness, pausing only when becoming aware that they were excluding Aurelia from their play. Her question brings them back, and Cera's smile fades as his eyes flicker towards the heavens in contemplation.

"My sister adopted a colt named Ryuu. There is also Sikeax, a yearling who is a dear friend of mine. Kari, an orphaned colt whom we all help each other raise. Sacre isn't quite a foal any longer. I'm afraid I still consider him one!" he laughed, knowing the master Sleuth was still quite young and barely able to be considered an adult. "Our Physician Tandavi is similar. I adopted Amani in a similar fashion, but she's quickly growing. The Throat isn't brimming with little ones at the moment," he admitted with a sheepish smile. Completely unaware what he was revealing.

Image Credit

baylee

Aurelia the BlazeQueen

As they walk, they begin talking about foal. I love foals, even if it does not seem so. However, when she hears that one name fall from his lips, she is stunned. With this knew knowledge, her determination to join the Throat grows marginally. Africa will not take away my privilege to see my only son. Especially when the first time I had done it, nothing happened. Back then, I had thought I was infertile. Then drunk Rostislav and slightly drunk Voodoo had mounted me and I had Faeanne and Ryuu. It's painful to think about them. Even their names dig up conflicts and disaster in my mind. I think I owe it to Cera to tell him who Ryuu is to me.

"If I tell you a secret, do not tell Ryuu." My voice is stern, yet still has a warm feeling to it. "Okay?" I begin, not waiting for his answer. "Just remember I was two, scared and alone." My voice is plagued with a bitter tone. The memory is one that is too easily remembered. I bet my partners do not remember. They must have been too intoxicated. It would be my luck they don't remember. "I was mounted by an intoxicated horse named Rostislav, then latter by another horse that was intoxicated named Voodoo. In my mind it was rape. I never said no, but I also didn't say yes." Perhaps Cera gets the vibe that I'm talking about sex. "I had two foals, however, one foal I gave to a a stallion that seemed to know a lot about parenting. His name was Ruske. The original horse, the one with the drink, was her father. Her name is Faeanne, and she is Ryuu's half brother and twin. Ryuu's father is the second drunk horse. I was stolen from the World's Edge, and when I returned neither of my babies were in sight." It feels like I am telling a murder mystery or something to Cera, but I think we are friends, and he wouldn't just drop my friendship for this, right? "I believe your adopted son is my real son. He has health problems, and so does his sister. His sister has a heart valve defect. I am sure you have noticed Ryuu's health problem. I told him he was still beautiful, still strong. I do not think he thought I was serious, but I was." I swallow hard, a queasy feeling bubbling in my guts, but I know all too well that that can turn to colic or a stomach twist, perhaps. My knowledge of health and the body is limited. I glance at Cera, worried he may kick me to the curb, go back to Ryuu, and say he met me-- the witch.

"blah blah blah."

Cera

Something akin to horror grows in Aurelia's eyes, and Cera fears he has sad something devastatingly wrong. When she speaks, there is a firm demand laced within it, and suddenly Cera realizes with how she has latched onto his nephew's name that she knows Ryuu. All he can do is nod numbly, not that there is any hesitation as she begins to explain further, spinning a tale for his aurals that he avidly listens to. Her bitterness makes him wary, even saddened, and his eyes are sympathetic as she begins to fall into the flow of her own words. Even as his cheeks heat and he turns his head away in embarrassment as she mentions such things as mounting, he does not turn away nor tune out her story. He owes her more than a half-wandering mind, no matter the cause of it.

It is a terrible crime in Cera's eyes, rape. No matter the intoxication, for it was no excuse. If one was intoxicated, they should not be in the presence of other civilized people, especially when their choices and actions could lead to exactly what had happened. A mother created at too young an age, and two foals separated and left to fend for themselves in their mother's absence as she was stolen away. Cera pitied the young lass for all she had seen and gone through in so few years, of a different nature than Cera but still as damaging.

It was a little embarrassing to have her assume that Ryuu was a son to him, but though he tried to remind himself that the soft-spoken foal was his nephew, it was rather close to truth. He considered the weak thing much like his own son. Soon Aurelia has quieted, and Cera took in a deep breath, eyes wide and trying to comprehend all that had just been thrown at him. He knew the gold gilded girl as only kind and inquisitive, so there was no reason for him to be frightened or consider her a monster of any sort.

"I am sorry that you had to suffer through something like that at such a young age," he consoled, eyes soft with regret on her behalf. Sighing and shaking his crown slowly, trying to find the right words for the biological mother...after all, Ryuu's and Ranjiri's story echoed a different tune, and Ryuu was dear to him as well. It was difficult to want to introduce Aurelia to Ryuu once more when Ryuu was like his son, too.

"Yes, Ryuu's health condition is still rather prominent. We've noticed he is rather frail, and walking is very difficult for him. He is...very quiet. Doesn't talk much. But Ranjiri is a very persistent mother to him, and he grows every day. Still, he will not play with the other foals, nor wander far from either my own side or Ranjiri's," he offered the information tentatively, not sure what else to call Ranjiri for no matter how much he wanted to shield Aurelia from the pain, there was no other title that fit his sister. Regardless of his friendship with Aurelia, Ranjiri was Ryuu's mother in all intents and purposes.

"I don't recall much of my mother, and I was abandoned at the age he was when Ranjiri found him in the Endless Blue. Hopefully, since not much time has passed, he will not fall prey to the same erasure of memory that I did. Would you...like to see him again? I cannot guarantee Ranjiri will be pleased, however. She will likely refuse to leave his side during the visitation." What was the proper procedure for this situation? It was difficult to navigate, for he loved his sister and nephew-son-boy dearly, and his friendship with Aurelia was tentative but growing. Would his sister believe Aurelia's story? Or was she forever bitter at the fact that Ryuu had walked out unseen and believed to be unwanted, endangered the entire way to the ocean?

Image Credit

baylee

Aurelia the BlazeQueen

Suffer. I did not suffer. I grew strong and hard. I learnt not everyone will truly love me when they say they do. The downfall of this entire thing is, I don't want to see them. They remind me of everything bad, and though I will always love them, it is painful to know that I fell prey to two horses-- a kid-like stallion, and a stallion who reeked of vodka. "Oh, I long to see them, however, I do not want to go to the throat and see my son. I'd rather have him believe Ranjiri is his mother. I doubt he'd want to see me." Pausing, I glance towards the cherry trees, away from Cera. "He was always like that. It's nice to hear that you've tried hard to make him happy. I've been nervous about his well-being after he ran off and I couldn't find him. I'm glad he's found a loving home."

As we continue walking my brain replays every memory after Rostislav and Voodoo. I had let them mount me. Then I lulled around during my pregnancy. I had given birth to my babies. It feels like yesterday they were brought into this world. Two bundles of giggles and energy... Or one. Ryuu wasn't exactly like that. I had begun to fear for him. Foals were lively and energetic, but Ryuu was docile. It was as if every step he took made him sadder. My baby, sad. Now, to hear that he is stillin pain breaks my heart. Can I fix it for him? Maybe there is some way I could get a god to heal him? Oh, who am I kidding. I'm not lucky enough for godly interaction. Even as a seer, I met no gods.

I blink and let my eyes glance back at Cera. Is he mad at my horrid parenting skills? I don't know, but I'm really fed up with myself. I'm torn between good and bad, I'm not one or another. Was I completely a bad mom? I do not think so. Everything is split inside of me. There are great holes in my personality. Something inside of me is missing, gone. I'm the defected piece in the puzzle. I'm the sock without a match, a table without legs, a house without a door. I'm everything bad, but I can't even be that successfully, so I float in the middle. Not really being anything.

"blah blah blah."